Miasmata PC

• Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
7.7

1. Gua
    Apr 6, 2014
    It's not perfect and pretty hardcore. But I love graphics in it. I love open world exploration and atmoshere in it. In Miasmata I really feel that I'm in woods. Probably someday I will finish it once more.
  2. Jan 5, 2013
    The game is pretty and mysterious, and I like that. But the recommended hardware on Steam needs to be reevaluated, my computer is a lot better than what they listed but I still got a kinda choppy fps. It's not a huge deal though. The main reason I give it a 7 is that the game is incredibly slow and easily becomes boring. Other than that, it's fun to look at and explore around the island.
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    I turned the graphics down and such, so that's all fine. But my only problem is that the camera is constantly slowly moving to the left. I don't know why it's doing that, and even if I unplug my mouse, it continues to move left.
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing,To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing, collect plants. As another person said, it IS literary a bush walking simulator. However it does have it's shining points. I applaud the graphics for two people and design. A lot of the scenery is beautiful and it does get you thinking about the islands previous inhabitants. If you do not mind the snail like pace progression and the repetitiveness of it and know that all you really do is just walk and walk and walk through an island, then you should pick it up. A major downfall is the price and the system requirements. Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. For three days I wandered alone in this land pondering its mysteries and beauty. Dissecting plants and exploration had become almost rote by now. By day I honed my navigation skills, fighting the terrain and sickness. I mostly slept at night because the darkness was immersive and dizzying making course plotting near invisible. This cursed fever trailed me like a shadow gaining the upper hand whenever I became slack in my preparation. The scout in me had been dormant for far too long to be relied on so heavily now. It was on that third night that bravery, or perhaps hubris, forced me into a corner of my mind rarely visited. Thus far the squirrels, rabbits, and birds had been but cute decorations between falling while running downhill and categorizing the island flora. I synthesized some basic and xtra strength fever meds, filled my canteen, and set off into that bottomless darkness armed with only a handful of flaming twigs and the feeling there was more than I had seen thus far. I had wandered no more than a few hundred yards when my heart began beating loudly. I quickly searched the journal to see if I was in poor health but I was fine. Still the heart and the beating as if Edgar Allen Poe himself had cursed my ears. The a large snap from the east rang out over my heart, now thundering like sasquatch feet. "Damn that squirrel is loud" echoed in my head as fear gripped my spine and pulled me to the west at full speed. Bushes then darkness then trees, more bushes, and falling for what seems to be an eternity. When I regain my footing I hear some thing growling in my ear and again leap to my feet sprinting towards a bridge, clearly losing against my predator. At last I clear the door and cowered in this flimsy until the daylight cleansed my paranoia.

Many days have passed since then but that was when I learned to respect this land and my fragile place in it.

That said this game is easily the most original and innovative title I have seen in 20+ years of full-time gaming, the fact it is also survival horror makes it even better imo. The devs are rather interactive and responsive. Performance is decent and the visuals stunning. This game is such that it will push some of your real life skills to new heights, such as wilderness navigation. Minor frustrations with interface regarding falling. Even then I love that sprinting downhill ends poorly for the runner.

1. Mar 17, 2013
    Miasmata is definitely a unique experience, and as the work of two people it’s actually a hell of an achievement. It’s a game with ambition, which should be rewarded even if it occasionally falls short of the goals it set for itself.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    A unique and engaging game of exploration, that manages to be challenging without any real combat or puzzles. It can also be quite tense and scary, as you're being stalked by a lone, but very dangerous, predator.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    Miasmata is a great survival horror, bold enough to drop the player in a peculiar and deep game experience, built around suspense and fear. The contrast between the bucolic atmosphere and the sensations of dismay is so peculiar that every fan of the genre should give it a shot.