Miasmata PC

• Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
7.7

1. Gua
    Apr 6, 2014
    It's not perfect and pretty hardcore. But I love graphics in it. I love open world exploration and atmoshere in it. In Miasmata I really feel that I'm in woods. Probably someday I will finish it once more.
  2. Jan 5, 2013
    The game is pretty and mysterious, and I like that. But the recommended hardware on Steam needs to be reevaluated, my computer is a lot better than what they listed but I still got a kinda choppy fps. It's not a huge deal though. The main reason I give it a 7 is that the game is incredibly slow and easily becomes boring. Other than that, it's fun to look at and explore around the island.
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    I turned the graphics down and such, so that's all fine. But my only problem is that the camera is constantly slowly moving to the left. I don't know why it's doing that, and even if I unplug my mouse, it continues to move left.
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing,To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing, collect plants. As another person said, it IS literary a bush walking simulator. However it does have it's shining points. I applaud the graphics for two people and design. A lot of the scenery is beautiful and it does get you thinking about the islands previous inhabitants. If you do not mind the snail like pace progression and the repetitiveness of it and know that all you really do is just walk and walk and walk through an island, then you should pick it up. A major downfall is the price and the system requirements. Expand
  5. Mar 31, 2013
    It's fairly hard to rate this game on a 1 to 10 scale, as there are many things that it does both right and wrong. The gameplay itself is very innovative, with nothing quite like it in any other game that I've ever played. The atmosphere created by the game is fantastic, creating a peaceful feeling with an undertone of uncertainty. The music and ambient noises also help the atmosphere in aIt's fairly hard to rate this game on a 1 to 10 scale, as there are many things that it does both right and wrong. The gameplay itself is very innovative, with nothing quite like it in any other game that I've ever played. The atmosphere created by the game is fantastic, creating a peaceful feeling with an undertone of uncertainty. The music and ambient noises also help the atmosphere in a whole. Overall, I love the gameplay, graphics (for the most part), and the audio of the game. However, the game does have its fair share of bugs and issues. For example, there are quite a few of graphical issues that can take away from the immersion of the game, like light reflecting on the ground in linear patterns, or blood looking like large lumps. Also, when the game first loads up, the game runs like gravel in a blender for about 15-20 minutes (or maybe that's just my bad computer). Overall, I absolutely love this game, but it still somewhat feels as though it's in beta. Collapse

1. Mar 17, 2013
    Miasmata is definitely a unique experience, and as the work of two people it’s actually a hell of an achievement. It’s a game with ambition, which should be rewarded even if it occasionally falls short of the goals it set for itself.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    A unique and engaging game of exploration, that manages to be challenging without any real combat or puzzles. It can also be quite tense and scary, as you're being stalked by a lone, but very dangerous, predator.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    Miasmata is a great survival horror, bold enough to drop the player in a peculiar and deep game experience, built around suspense and fear. The contrast between the bucolic atmosphere and the sensations of dismay is so peculiar that every fan of the genre should give it a shot.