Miasmata PC

• Publisher: IonFX
  • Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
7.7

1. Jan 5, 2013
    The game is pretty and mysterious, and I like that. But the recommended hardware on Steam needs to be reevaluated, my computer is a lot better than what they listed but I still got a kinda choppy fps. It's not a huge deal though. The main reason I give it a 7 is that the game is incredibly slow and easily becomes boring. Other than that, it's fun to look at and explore around the island.
  2. Gua
    Apr 6, 2014
    It's not perfect and pretty hardcore. But I love graphics in it. I love open world exploration and atmoshere in it. In Miasmata I really feel that I'm in woods. Probably someday I will finish it once more.
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    I turned the graphics down and such, so that's all fine. But my only problem is that the camera is constantly slowly moving to the left. I don't know why it's doing that, and even if I unplug my mouse, it continues to move left.
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing,To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing, collect plants. As another person said, it IS literary a bush walking simulator. However it does have it's shining points. I applaud the graphics for two people and design. A lot of the scenery is beautiful and it does get you thinking about the islands previous inhabitants. If you do not mind the snail like pace progression and the repetitiveness of it and know that all you really do is just walk and walk and walk through an island, then you should pick it up. A major downfall is the price and the system requirements. Expand
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    It is truly a wonderful game, it has given me the best and most satisfying gaming experience in recent months.

The pace is slow (although it can change in a heartbeat), the graphics are average, the setting is beautiful. Sounds are good, the scarce music is amazing. What carries this game on its shoulder is the truly unique atmosphere. This one is about survival and exploration. You

This one is about survival and exploration. You have to explore the wilderness in order to find what you need to progress (herbs to make medicine of), yet as you wander further and further from your sanctuary, you are getting uneasy as the idyll can turn into a wild chase in a second.

What I particularly liked about the game is that it rewards you if you play it as it was meant to be. I mean, if you explore the island with care, think ahead, manage your time and pick the best approach the most important herbs tend to be in the open where you are at a disadvantage with a pre-planned escape route, the game is quite easy. It gets easier as you accommodate yourself to the unique orientation-navigation scheme, which is very rewarding, because you seem to get better through your own progress, rather than power-ups or weapons showered at you.

There are a few negatives separating this from perfection. The latest patch brought dramatic improvement to frame-rate, so technical issues mentioned by others were not one of them for me. The dynamics of the Creature can sometimes be predicted and exploited, sometimes its randomness defeats the purpose. Many choices seem arbitrary in the game (2 pills per outing?) and there are many ways it could be improved (eating, more enemies).

Overall, I really recommend this game. It is fresh, original, well-made and, above all, gripping.

1. Mar 17, 2013
    Miasmata is definitely a unique experience, and as the work of two people it’s actually a hell of an achievement. It’s a game with ambition, which should be rewarded even if it occasionally falls short of the goals it set for itself.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    A unique and engaging game of exploration, that manages to be challenging without any real combat or puzzles. It can also be quite tense and scary, as you're being stalked by a lone, but very dangerous, predator.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    Miasmata is a great survival horror, bold enough to drop the player in a peculiar and deep game experience, built around suspense and fear. The contrast between the bucolic atmosphere and the sensations of dismay is so peculiar that every fan of the genre should give it a shot.