8.2

1. SamF.
    Aug 1, 2006
    This Sim from MS Does honor 100 years of flight well but there are some areas I was hoping for from the 2002 version. Crashes could have added explosion/fires to be more realistic . The Buildings stil use low res and interior of plane. What MS Did do wel is the vast information on every aircraft in the game with tutorials and lessons. A good effort from MS But wanted better graphics on This Sim from MS Does honor 100 years of flight well but there are some areas I was hoping for from the 2002 version. Crashes could have added explosion/fires to be more realistic . The Buildings stil use low res and interior of plane. What MS Did do wel is the vast information on every aircraft in the game with tutorials and lessons. A good effort from MS But wanted better graphics on buildings in this version. The terrain was vastly imroved overall and enjoyed flying those older planes. Expand
  2. LarryW.
    Aug 3, 2003
    it bugs me that I must allways put disk 4 into the drive in order for the game to run. Version 2002 did not have this requirement. Although I have 2004 I will keep on using 2002.
  3. Derek
    Oct 9, 2004
    Great game, but it gets boring after a while and it needs more planes, like war planes. or even f-16's. anything like that.
  4. CasimirS.
    Jun 30, 2005
    Nice program but what happened to trim function. I am a pilot with 5000+ hours and what value is the best simulator if trim can't be maintained. This could ba a great tool for teaching but the trim function spoils the complete simulator. Is it me am I doing something wrong, would love to hear from you on this subject.

1. Computer Gaming World
    With enough features to fill a 747 flight manual, MSFS2004 provides a level of flying simulation on the PC that was unimaginable even a few years ago. [Oct 2003, p.116]
    The weather, graphics, and little details really do make this a giant leap over FS 2002. But I'm disappointed that Microsoft didn't include more modern aircraft.
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    The challenge and entertainment comes from learning about flying, recreating historic flights, and plain old barnstorming. [Nov 2003, p.90]