8.1

1. Apr 18, 2015
    Midnight Club II is a pretty good game . The game is part sid in realism and a part which is less realistic . The game is quite ok . Worth playing . .
  2. Sep 24, 2014
    I´m playing this game over years now and it still makes fun !
    There are like 2 new Career´s for this game avianle and 2 moded Versions for this game with new textures Car and so on...
    BUT !!! the best is if u will Play CTF(Capture The Flag) online with the Veloci :D
  3. Feb 22, 2014
    One of the better arcade racer titles to emerge from the import tuner craze of the early to mid 2000's.

The racing in this game is phenomenal. If you're not playing this game at 1920x1080+ at 60fps, you're missing out on something truly spectacular. It's breath taking at high speeds, and you can really feel your heart pounding as you swerve in and out of heavy traffic through tight and wide streets alike, all commonly filled with a mass of destructible objects (pedestrians included!) and the occasional 'first-time-play' trap, which will more than likely leave you restarting the race and trying again.

Midnight Club II has a fantastic, pumping soundtrack filled with plenty of electronic and rap to boot while you blaze through the streets of the game's three main cities: Los Angeles, Paris and Tokyo. All of which are completely unique, vast and thoroughly detailed with their own neat little charms.(Although, I think Paris was the odd one out of the bunch)

As you progress further and further, the difficulty in this game increases as expected, but not to an overwhelming level. It feels just right for the kind of game it is. You may notice that in the earlier races, you had no trouble obliterating the competition and jumping from race to race, but soon enough you'll find yourself restarting the same races repeatedly to ensure you don't make critical mistakes that could cost you a first place position.

As for the mass of varied vehicles in this game, I can say that they all are a pleasure to drive in their own right. You generally unlock a new car every third race, but it's up to you whether or not you'll use it. I often found myself leaning towards the FWD cars, as they had a tendency to handle better than their RWD counterparts in tight places and usually boasted blistering acceleration, however there were times that I felt I absolutely needed a RWD car, especially during highway races. I felt I experienced a good balance of the two main drive train types available, especially when taking into consideration that no two vehicles in this game feel or drive the same.

Overall, it's a really fun game that gives you a solid amount of content. For me, personally. It only took me 13 hours to complete the game 100%, but I feel it was worth it. (I have seen others take as long as 25 hours, however) Especially considering the low price of $9.99 on Steam, making it a steal. It's barely aged, and it's a true classic among arcade racers. Pick it up!
  4. Jan 28, 2014
    This game was and still is my childhood. Good thing it's available to PC users on Steam for only 9.99 USD. MC2 is one of the few games that I still play despite the fact that it's eleven years old. I doubt I'll ever quit playing it, even though the brutal AI raised my blood pressure quite often. :)
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    Yesss. To all who are here to hate about the controls, driving physics, lack of customisation etc. This isn't meant to be deep. Where it shines is in the exceptionally well-designed cities of LA, Paris and Tokyo which have a great variety of routes, fun, fast and exciting. The characters you come across are pretty varied. The game does get harder as you play thorugh. I never managed toYesss. To all who are here to hate about the controls, driving physics, lack of customisation etc. This isn't meant to be deep. Where it shines is in the exceptionally well-designed cities of LA, Paris and Tokyo which have a great variety of routes, fun, fast and exciting. The characters you come across are pretty varied. The game does get harder as you play thorugh. I never managed to complete the last race. Lots of races, fitting soundtrack and superb progression throughout. Only Rockstar could've made such a creative and variety-rich game. Expand
  6. JasonM
    Sep 1, 2008
    The greatest racing game ever. IE, the most FUN. The cars have varying handling physics, the opponents talk trash to keep things interesting, the courses are all wildly different, and the drift physics are the best in any driving game I've played. This is not a simulator, which is fine with me, it is a fun fun racing game.
  7. ZzzZX
    Jul 2, 2005
    The best racer I own, and I own quite a few. Better than NFS underground by far. Excellent graphics and gameplay. Latter levels are a bit tough though - which can be frustrating.
  8. IzZo
    Sep 30, 2003
    Aint da best car game but isnt da worst either! gotta say rockstar sure know how 2 make games, interestin characters to race with, interestin vehicles too, thot it would b a simple styled racer but its much more than that, neat stunts u can pull off as u progrees thru da game! Nitros = da bomb Overall its one of street racing's finest :D
  9. AndréS.
    Sep 22, 2003
    Rockstar Inovate again. The best racecar game I ever played.
  10. Anthony
    Sep 14, 2003
    This game is only for people that like souped up cars in real life like me, Got it??
  11. Takumi
    Sep 6, 2003
    This is game is all right. Without the steering wheel, the game is jsut to boring. I'v played many racing games and this is not the best of them. If u want a good racing game and Initial D is the game for you.
  12. Neil
    Aug 18, 2003
    Great game. Using keyboard i wasnt too keen on at first, as you jolt from left to right, but now I've had practice, i can move left and right without jolting so far.
  13. Tijgermug
    Aug 17, 2003
    Great game, Reset controls and you can start playing in any resulution!!!!
  14. CoachC.
    Aug 2, 2003
    I'll give this game a good review. Understand that the system requirements are steep, as it should be for one of the first games out that fully supports DX9. If you don't have a good racing wheel...why are you even playing racing games. Don't complain to me that the keyboard doesn't give good driving results...wouldn't have Toyota or Honda placed a keyboard on the I'll give this game a good review. Understand that the system requirements are steep, as it should be for one of the first games out that fully supports DX9. If you don't have a good racing wheel...why are you even playing racing games. Don't complain to me that the keyboard doesn't give good driving results...wouldn't have Toyota or Honda placed a keyboard on the dash if that was all it took to drive a car?! The physics and graphics are top-notch. The soundtrack is perfect (put your own *.mp3 or *.m3u files in the provided folder), you chose the music you want to hear. The storyline is acceptable, and adds a little to the gaming performance. The AI, although somewhat predictable, is very tough. This is, without a doubt, the best arcade-style racing game that I have ever played. Don't take my review with a grain-of-salt...I'm an experienced, real-life, dirt-track, CART, BMX, and moto-cross racer. Expand
  15. ShaneB.
    Aug 1, 2003
    This game is awesome the graphics are great i have beaten the game already very very hard to beat but that's what makes the game better cause it's not so easy also the speed in the game makes it seem like your really going that fast the controls i would say are fine only certain cars suck other then that very good job from rockstar also i like the music good choice of music plusThis game is awesome the graphics are great i have beaten the game already very very hard to beat but that's what makes the game better cause it's not so easy also the speed in the game makes it seem like your really going that fast the controls i would say are fine only certain cars suck other then that very good job from rockstar also i like the music good choice of music plus you can add your own mp3's to listen to cant forget about online play too.. great game hopefully they make Midnight Club III. Expand
  16. PedroS.
    Jul 25, 2003
    é pena os graficos podia ser melhor,mas a jogabilidade é excelente e a longevidade é longa,continuem com o bom trabalho e espero que lancem o 3 com melhores graficos.....
  17. Jok`RdeMo
    Jul 22, 2003
    This game sux! First of all the controls - if ya dont have steering wheel, then forget about playing. with keyboard its not possible to hav fun - the car just jumps from left to right it does not steers normaly. Game crashes when you try to get bigger resolution. Everything else is OK for arcade - that means that physics is really bad, cars are uncrashable etc. And also everything in game This game sux! First of all the controls - if ya dont have steering wheel, then forget about playing. with keyboard its not possible to hav fun - the car just jumps from left to right it does not steers normaly. Game crashes when you try to get bigger resolution. Everything else is OK for arcade - that means that physics is really bad, cars are uncrashable etc. And also everything in game smells like console. They just took console game and ported to PC. So If ya like arcades, have steering wheel (I dont, so meybe it sux also with that) and like PSX then get this game. Expand
  18. LaurentA.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Another game released too soon. Installed it on two machines - all I get is random freezes. Readme file and support on the website are less than helpful. Waiting for a patch.
  19. HaroldH.
    Jul 9, 2003
    This game is highly addictive and very fun to play. this is the most fun ive had playing a race game in a long long time!! ROCKSTAR SCORES AGAIN!!
  20. RichardR.
    Jul 6, 2003
    This game is just amazing, i've had it for a few days & i havent stopped playing it...if u finish the carear then theres still online play which brings this game above the rest. If your looking for a racing game that requires some skill this is the game for you.

1. The depth comes in the form of controlling the vehicles, navigating the city streets and discovering shortcuts.
  2. A well-designed and entertaining street racer - "Midtown Madness" on steroids. [Oct 2003, p.102]
  3. The right choice for anyone who's out for an action-packed arcade racer with smooth gameplay and miscellaneous tasks and challenges to complete on the road. The accent in this game is on addictive, high-paced arcade-style driving.