• Publisher: 3DO
  • Release Date: Mar 29, 2002
4.9

1. Jan 25, 2014
    I find peoples reviews overly harsh. 3DO tried something different, tried to move to the next millenium. But as usual with such beloved franchise it didn't catch the hearts of the fans. Changes were so obvious that most of the people didn't bother getting to know the new game.

My first touch with Might & Magic came with VII (7), I remember how it most certainly didn't pull me in at first. Took me several weeks or even over a month to really get into it. After this I was sold and went and bought all the other Might & Magic games as well.

MMIX might not be as intuitive or even as entertaining as the three previous ones, but it most certainly isn't worth 0 points. Personally I wish they would continue on the path that they took with MM9, but refine it a lot.

The emptiness of the world, the poor quality of the graphics, and the decidedly easy-to-use interface and instructions cripple what otherwise could have been a fun little RPG.
  2. The extremely behind-the-times graphics, frustrating interface and game mechanics, and lackluster plot all lead to a gaming experience that's more tedium than it's worth.
  3. A game about nothing...a dungeon crawl so formulaic as to be forgettable.