Might & Magic: Duel of Champions PC

6.8

1. Sep 7, 2013
    The more I read of Duel of Champions reviews based around "I played the tutorial and it seemed kind of fun; so check it out!" the more I'm convinced reviewers are bought by the companies. That or people give a slightly positive review for playing the game for 3 days tops, get a kickback from the company for free in-game stuff, then just stop playing.

Problems with the game after playing

Problems with the game after playing 2hrs (or 4 on weekends) a day for 1 month. 4 free codes redeemed (incl. GenCon 2013).

1.) Balance is terrible: If you don't play Necro, don't play. They have a 2 Deck available advantage, the best Uncommon & Common cards in the game (Infect DoT that is common on Necro cards and will 100% destroy your deck.), and the best Heroes (one gets an Auto-destruct cheap ability usable every round).

Pro-tip: 90% of the Leaderboard tops are made up of Necro players. The rest just swap based on luck.

There are Heroes which are Clearly subpar, randomly given in packs.

2.) No Draft. No Sealed. If you don't drop tons of cash/time on the game, expect to jump into Jackpot & Swiss games and lose. And then lose again. Then again. Players who spend $150 or who have played since Beta will crush you. It is very P2W. Which is fine in a TCG, but flunks out the CCGs (yes, I'm looking at You Kingdoms ccg).

You Will open packs with a Ton of big cost creatures (5, 6, 7). If you play them, you will lose. Always. Can't play them in Jackpot, nor in Swiss (the only 2 formats for winning cards or worthwhile gold) So big fun cards are basically no fun at all to play with; and thus beg the question: Do the Devs actually ever play the game?

tldr: you are stuck in 1v1 duels in order to have any chance. Again. And Again. And Again....
    Or you drop $150+, go Necro decks only, and play the Infect deck builds. And fall asleep.

3.) The player base gets maybe 7% communication from the Devs. Bugs which were in at Beta are still present. More bugs every single patch that cause even basic functions to not work right (i.e. Retaliation). At the first 3 months there was open discussion. Then it died. Ubisoft care? Really?
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    This game could have a potential, unfortunately it is a P2W (pay to win) I installed it on 11.04.2014. I have checked many guides since the user interface and especially game shop was a little complex for a beginner. I didnt know which packs I should buy and which packs include which cards. So i read guides and learnt that if I complete the campaign, I would earn enough seals (in-gameThis game could have a potential, unfortunately it is a P2W (pay to win) I installed it on 11.04.2014. I have checked many guides since the user interface and especially game shop was a little complex for a beginner. I didnt know which packs I should buy and which packs include which cards. So i read guides and learnt that if I complete the campaign, I would earn enough seals (in-game currency) and gold (2nd currency which everybody can grind this slowly) to buy a box which includes 120 cards, and a few packs (1 pack includes 12 cards) However when I played the campaign, I won no seals. I read the last patch notes and to my luck (or bad luck!!) seals are not awarded anymore to newcomers. (or to nobody) Disadvantage for newcomers after this April.2014 patch is that nobody will earn any seals. But people who have started playing this game before that date have earned around thousands of seal. There are some cards that can only be bought by seals in this game. (Two towers, and legendary decks) So as a new player I have no chance to even try those. Sad. These guys should just check Riot games and try to understand how their LOL marketing system is. Very greedy Ubisoft.. very greedy.. Expand
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    If you consider this game because you played Magic the Gathering or Hearthstone, then this is the reveiw for you.

I am a trading card game lover for 15 years now, and i am always out there to try out all the trading card games. When i came across this one, i simply had to try it. Basically, this game is what you get when you mix "Magic the Gathering" and "Battle Craft TCG". My first

Basically, this game is what you get when you mix "Magic the Gathering" and "Battle Craft TCG". My first impression was a really good one. The graphics are fine and appealing. The tutorial is well designed and will tell you all the basics. Indicators of effects are clear, card keywords comprehensible, card art is good...

But my first major complaint, however, is the pace at which the game is played. At first, you will play some AI-matches, which is really fine for a tutorial. But the AI plays incredibly fast, and will hurl cards at you like there is no tomorrow. It is not hard to win the tutorial, but it makes you feel uncomfortable and no-in-control. There is no way that someone who just started playing the game will understand what is happening, unless he puts considerable effort into starting to learn all the cards right away.

You could say that I am nitpicking on that, but this issue actually snowballs into further problems. This card game has a large card pool with several factions. This is always a good thing, but this means that in your first hour of play you will roughly encounter 100 different cards. This is too much, at least for people who are not TCG-Veterans. In addition to this, in this game, it is very likely that you will play 2-4 cards in many of your turns. The game offers you many ways to draw additional cards, one of these ways is available (and usable) in every turn, starting at game 1, further increasing the overflow of information.

And to top it all off, this game requires you to manage several resources (not counting life and card) at once, and maintain them every turn. Do not get me wrong, the resource system is very interesting and adds to the depth of this card game, but it makes it even harder for new players to get into the game. And guess what: i still did not explain everything you can do. There is even more information. But i will stop at this point.

This all resulted in the first games all being very tedious. When I started, I only managed to play 2-3 games in a row. But i saw the potential, and i bite myself through it, and yes, it is worth it.

Apart from the normal PVP, this game offers achievements, daily quests, and a (comparably long) campaign which all wield great rewards. I am really astonished here. The campaign, while challenging, will provide you with more than enough Ingame-Currency and Card-Packs to be able to create several decks. Until now, I did not once feel forced to spend money on this. The rewards in this game feel really... well, rewarding. I am not sure if this might change once i have depleted all campaigns and all achievements, but i am playing for 3 weeks now and still have a lot of content in front of me, and my card pool is already very decent.

The game is still missing some features, like a draft or a sealed mode, which is really disappointing, since the way the game is designed it would be a great candidate for these game modes.

Since this game is around for more than a year, i do not think that any of my complaints will change. All in all, there are worse ways to kill time. I do not see this working on the long run, but if you want to try out a new TCG that gets you hooked for a week and does not put too much buying pressure onto you, this is your game

Adressing an issue: Many people complain about this game being "pay 2 win". I comments for that.

Yes, spending money on this game will give you an advantage. The thing is: this is a trading card game. That buying cards for real money will give you an advantage, is part of the concept of this genre of games. Before trading card games were online, you could not play a TCG "for free" and get a "free booster now and then", no, you had to put tons of money into it to even get started. If you do not like this concept, do not play trading card games, they are not for you.
    You can really have a good time with this game without spending real life cash. If you want to go competitive, however, you will have to invest, but this is true for most games, and especially for most trading card games, because that is how trading card games are designed. Like it or hate it.
  4. Dec 14, 2013
    Uimaginative, low strategy, forces you pay. Comlicated UI, and very not friendly to beginners.
    After week playing with it, I found it very tiring and boring.
  5. Sep 29, 2014
    This game has some promise but they ruin it with a pay to win wall, you'll start out and do fairly well for a bit and then hit the wall and get smashed over and over by people who have dumped money into the game. Even single player plays this way, the first couple missions are ridiculously easy and then there's no way yo progress without luck or dropping a ton of money. Save yourself theThis game has some promise but they ruin it with a pay to win wall, you'll start out and do fairly well for a bit and then hit the wall and get smashed over and over by people who have dumped money into the game. Even single player plays this way, the first couple missions are ridiculously easy and then there's no way yo progress without luck or dropping a ton of money. Save yourself the time, money and frustration and steer clear. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2014
    The game is absolutely terrible , from the graphics to the game-play , and even the HORRIBLE tournament system. Its mostly pay to win , because of how rarely you get new cards to use , because the packs are too expensive . Its also not new users-friendly. I would not recommend it to anyone , better go play Hearthstone.
  7. Dec 7, 2013
    Designed from the bottom up to be pay-to-win. Unless you plan on sinking a TON of cash into this game you'll stand no chance. Even to progress in the single player campaign requires a bought for deck. The devs made sure you have no option but to hand them cash. Stay away from this one.
  8. Nov 29, 2013
    The game itself is fun! It has really nice strategy and gives plenty of options to make card combos.
    But I will list some major problems:
    1. Problem is the money system: if you don't play 4-6 hours a day (which is boring) you will never be able to compete with people who invested money. 2. Problem: the "wildcard" currency. With this special currency you can buy specific cards that
    But I will list some major problems:

2. Problem: the "wildcard" currency. With this special currency you can buy specific cards that you need, which is good. The problem is, that you can barely get this currency, unless you invest some real money. When you "burn" cards, that you don't need you will just get the basic "gold" currency and not a "wildcard" currency.

3. You can only buy specific cards of an expansion with wildcards if you already have 200 cards of that expansion.

4. You can not use a card that you own in two different decks! Oh no, if you want to use your epic spell in two decks, you better own the spell twice! This is super ridiculous. Yes in real life you would need to manually take the card from one deck and put it in your other deck. But this is a digital game, with tons of drawbacks already, it could at least give us this benefit...

Basically the whole game is screaming at you: INVEST REAL MONEY! (or you need to play for a year until you have enough cards to make different deck combos)
  9. Apr 13, 2014
    Last update just killed this game...........................................................................................................................
  10. Jan 1, 2014
    I've been playing it for like 3 days and it is a really good strategy card game. Those who critize the game cause think paying for a deck is most likely gonna make you win it's a complete non-sense. I haven't spent a single peny on this game yet i'm doing great, and made a lot of different decks only with the fictional gold i earned in-game. So yeah, stop hating and enjoy a well made andI've been playing it for like 3 days and it is a really good strategy card game. Those who critize the game cause think paying for a deck is most likely gonna make you win it's a complete non-sense. I haven't spent a single peny on this game yet i'm doing great, and made a lot of different decks only with the fictional gold i earned in-game. So yeah, stop hating and enjoy a well made and completely entertaining game Expand
  11. Aug 31, 2014
    First of all, this game is now neither pay to win, nor unbalanced: reviews which say so are usually pre-Griffin Bane expansion, which immediately gives new referred players all six starter decks, plus tons of gold to buy cards upon completing the introductory campaigns, and brings back all Factions to competitive levels.

More complex, varied and ultimately satisfactory than Hearthstone,

More complex, varied and ultimately satisfactory than Hearthstone, this game has very nice mechanics, with the board consisting of four rows and two columns (shooter and melee) for each player, spells which can affect single creatures, specific areas (squares, rows, columns) or even the entire board, and fortunes which usually manipulate cards and decks.
    Creatures can be basic or have a lot of useful abilities (immune to retaliation, stackable, outmaneuver, etc.), including "enter the board" effects.

Simply put, this is the best CCG I've ever played.

P.s. Since I love the game, I'm glad to help new players to understand it, so feel free to ask for help and/or for my referral code, should you have no friends who play the game.
  12. Oct 7, 2014
    I have personally played almost 5000 games of DoC now, honestly made this account on metacritic just to rate it a solid 10, DoC is perfectly playable without paying a dime, even though I've spent quite a lot on this game. ^^ My only grief with the game is that sometimes something blatantly overpowered shows its face, and it takes a couple of weeks to hotfix, it's usually not completelyI have personally played almost 5000 games of DoC now, honestly made this account on metacritic just to rate it a solid 10, DoC is perfectly playable without paying a dime, even though I've spent quite a lot on this game. ^^ My only grief with the game is that sometimes something blatantly overpowered shows its face, and it takes a couple of weeks to hotfix, it's usually not completely gamebreaking, but it forces the majority of decks to adapt in a way that is not good for the game.

In comparison I'd rate Hearthstone 3-4 due to the simplistic nature of the game together with the developers strive towards unnecesairy randomness.
    I'd give MTG 8, great gameplay, many different strategies, and a helluva base to stand on, however it's waaay too expensive for me, and even if it was free, I'd still only rate it at 9 in comparison to DoC.
  13. May 16, 2013
    When i saw, i was sure this gonnabe an awesome game, and it is! WOULD BE. The speed of the game, IF YOU DONT PAY, a lot SLOWER then a crippled turtle, and the cost... I'd say, its not expensive, but when i realize, it's an copy of 'XY the GATHERING' and they release new packs, around 2-6 months, for ~15Euro (as instant buy), it's cost a lot, because if you want play good, and efficient,When i saw, i was sure this gonnabe an awesome game, and it is! WOULD BE. The speed of the game, IF YOU DONT PAY, a lot SLOWER then a crippled turtle, and the cost... I'd say, its not expensive, but when i realize, it's an copy of 'XY the GATHERING' and they release new packs, around 2-6 months, for ~15Euro (as instant buy), it's cost a lot, because if you want play good, and efficient, you NEED TO HAVE the MOST of cards, to build good decks. Or you play 2-4 hours day to have ENOUGH money... and get tons of the same RANDOM cards, you dont need.
    So you wont have free GOLD, when the expansion comes, OR NOT ENOUGH, and you played A LOT, and bougth tons of packs, contains 12 RANDOM cards!
    The result, if you wanna play enjoyable, even on MEDIUM level ~400-1000 rate, you will/must PAY for the game, or you need to sacrafice your life to get the good cards. So this game, if i suppose, get frequent updates, and content, then INSANE EXPENSIVE.

So overall:

Gameplay 8/10 (If you like card games, and this "random card draw" stuff)
    Music/Graphics 6/10 (Would be a lot better)
    GameMech 8/10 (The logic of fight/buffs/spells)
    Pay/Cost 1/10 (Insane expensive, for a constant "UP TO DATE" deck)

Like this, i cant give more then 3, because of the money system.

The best bet: Dont play/Dont buy.

Could be an epic awesome game... to sad
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    A truly terrible game. Rarely are games balanced, and certain decks which people have paid a lot of money for will always win. I would not recommend this game to anyone and would advise against this game in favor of others.
  15. Oct 4, 2013
    I love cards games, and this 1 is the best suited to me. Lots of variety of cards and we can try lots of combos... PvP is amazing..... This game also host lots of tournament in paris. We have to gather new cards to make a best deck and also its fun playing tournament and all
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    What a great sleeper hit! When I first say this, I thought "Oh great, some company got the rights to use the M&M name, and most likely made a cheap awful game on it". Well I was sure wrong. I have played this till 5am (something I've not done in many years). It great; the art is just amazing; and to top it all off, the game is totally free!

If I paid $39 for this, I'd give it an 8,

If I paid $39 for this, I'd give it an 8, so the fact you never need to pay one red cent for this game (and if you do pay real money, you still can't get anything us cheapskates can get), and you have more fun than most $59 games, gives the game a rating a 9 from me. Just try it, you have nothing to lose! I
  17. Jul 15, 2013
    I'm very addicted to this game. It has some bugs and fixes come slowly, but it's one of the funniest games I have played recently and has a lot of potential because of its good game conceptual design.
    Artwork is also at a high level.
  18. Dec 19, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. The game design is well constructed and the depth of the strategy is very deep. Compared to other Online card game, this game is sure one of the best. The only little problem is the UI and lack of animations but that doesn't make a bad game.
  19. Jul 16, 2014
    Great game 8/10
    It is a mix of Magic the Gathering and the Heroes of Might and Magic battle system
    easy to earn money for more pack. Win games Lose games Level up Daily quest Daily rewards Campaign there are always things to do. The gameplay is much more interesting than hearthstone, with more cards in the deck and your hand which gives you a more options and more skilled based
    Great game 8/10
    easy to earn money for more pack.
    Win games
    Lose games
    Level up
    Daily quest
    Daily rewards
    Campaign
    there are always things to do.

The gameplay is much more interesting than hearthstone, with more cards in the deck and your hand which gives you a more options and more skilled based game play, and with the strategic 2x4 battle field gives you a great and different tube of card game, and no battle feels the same.

A need to play game
  20. Jul 16, 2014
    Pro:
    the most strategic card game actually . it change from usual might & magic game but it s a good change the battlefield control and other subtlety make it an addicting game.
    You don't have to pay to win. fun and the art are beautiful. Con: Really confusing at start. Many things are not specified in the tutorial like you only as access to specified magic type on the hero card...
    Pro:
    You don't have to pay to win.
    fun and the art are beautiful.

Con:
    Really confusing at start. Many things are not specified in the tutorial like you only as access to specified magic type on the hero card... (that sound obvious put like this but at first it s not) .
    Require to get some experience through painful game discovering new spell / aptitude :D to really enjoy the game.
  21. Oct 22, 2015
    This is a best strategy card game that i ever played.
    And i have not payed any real money there, everything that you need is your brains.
    I was able to win every 4th/5th Swiss tournament. Every battle is unique and have a lot of fun. I'm playing it for 2 years and i'm still not bored with it.
    I think this a one of the best free game available in app store.
  22. Mar 24, 2016
    So sad. I really want to love this game and have tried it at multiple times but still its soooo unbalanced.
    Mechanics are nice in thought but so unbalanced so you have your 3 decks that are playable and the rest is useless if you meet someone with the other decks.
    Some cards that are so OP and needed if you gonna stand a chance. Some factions are just useless because the amount of

Some cards that are so OP and needed if you gonna stand a chance.

Some factions are just useless because the amount of counters to them so hopefully you dont start the wrong faction and like them like I did.

I seen a lot of ppl writing good reviews but they never wright anything so clearly they dont have something good to say but I guess its payed players or ubi personal.

I have at least played 886 matches so have at least a clue about what I say.

The good though is that it is nice looking and after a while you can buy the expansions for gold that you can earn ingame and hopefully some day the devs understand that a balanced game and a game where you have at least a chance with all possible tectics will earn them more becasue players stay.

I had my friends come and play and we all have a lot of experience playing magic,Vampire,Battletech and so on with ccg and they have left so instead of a influx of 15 players its only me checking in playing a couple of games and see nothing have changed.

Do not play tourneys as a new player becasue you will be so overrun if you have not copied a deck online and have a had a lot of luck with cards.

Just noticed there is a lot of gamebreaking bugs to cope with. Matchmaking is terrible too. I meet ppl that clearly should play in higher tiers and I just started again so play at the very lowest tier.

And of course they break mechanics all the time. So necro for example have low dmg but instead counters and then new patch oh everyone can cure alla counters.
    Missile troops have no retaliaton but wait lets make a new mechanic that do so the always do retaliaton dmg even though it says they cant be retaliated so I guess next patch there will be a immune to retaliation even true retaliation and so on.

Devs you know maybe you should balance your game instead of just doing same old stuff and fool players and make their decks useless just to steal more money.
    Also maybe search for some gametalent to help out with ideas?

Spells Spells Spells. Instead of hoping to play you creature for 7 mana you can play a spell that is ongoing through the game that give all creatures +1 atk and blast atk = Strikes the target and all neighbours for 4 mana....well guess whats best in the game and there is also alot more of creaturekill spells then dispells so ....
  23. Dec 10, 2013
    I am really enjoying it. It is employing the Free2play system appropriately. By that I mean money or time is what is required. I play occasionally and hold my own. I play the Necropolis Deck and find it very well balanced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a place to start but you will need to edit your deck (part of the fun). Play a few rounds to see which cards work and which doI am really enjoying it. It is employing the Free2play system appropriately. By that I mean money or time is what is required. I play occasionally and hold my own. I play the Necropolis Deck and find it very well balanced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a place to start but you will need to edit your deck (part of the fun). Play a few rounds to see which cards work and which do not. Give it a chance and I think you will find it is a good value (and pick up Atropos). Expand
  24. Apr 28, 2014
    All these whiners complaining about "Pay to win"

Complete nonsense, I played ~20 games without putting a cent into the game, my W/L was ~55% I found myself enjoying the game and playing so much I thought I'd throw them a bone and pay 50$ which is what we pay for some titles anyway, the difference is I got to try this game for free first, discovered I loved it and then threw them
    All these whiners complaining about "Pay to win"

I found myself enjoying the game and playing so much I thought I'd throw them a bone and pay 50$ which is what we pay for some titles anyway, the difference is I got to try this game for free first, discovered I loved it and then threw them money instead of paying 50$ for a game you've never played and finding out it sucks.

Anyway, now that I have a bunch of new cards unlocked and a pile of deck options my W/L ratio is still at ~55%.

So this tells me the matchmaking is pretty decent.

Overall if you like TCG's, and want something more adult than Hearthstone, and a more optimized TCG than MTG then this is your ticket to Digital TCG heaven.

Try it out, you really have nothing to lose.

My only gripe is that the UI is not as clear as it could be, especially in the shop. For a new players to jump in - especially those with little or no TCG experience it would be nice to have more information on what the difference between Standard and Open games are, and what card sets can be used for which games and how low they will remain current.

Overall! A great TCG! Like I said, i've paid more for games that I've enjoyed far less, all those whiners saying they lose to P2W decks, I didn't experience that in my first 20 games as a F2P Player. Besides, if you enjoy the game - why not throw them a few bucks and keep it thriving.
  25. Jun 17, 2014
    Don't be fooled by the high score, it's only helped by the fact that there's only FOUR published review scores........ I'm sure that if a real, credible, gaming magazine reviewed this they'd pan it into the dark ages. Don't waste your time with this game.

Pay2Win aside it's a horrible game, the UI is rough, small, and could be confusing for some. It has lots of bugs and glitches, for example: if you try to destroy a spell on a unit that doesn't have a spell that can be destroyed you are locked in, forced to try to make a choice on the inchooseable. Only way out is to quit the game. IKR.

This is another ubisoft abomination that should be avoided, especially with so many other great card games out there like solforge or even hearthstone. Could have been really good, which makes it doubly disappointing.
  26. Jun 28, 2013
    I tried this game for 3 days now.
    I like the easy to understand mechanic and the sort of ability a "planewalker" have.
    I believed it would have been another type of Magic the gathering but it have its own playing style and "mana pool" Its very easy to get caught into the game, however it lack the starting point of gaining cards unless you use the marks you gained from the start to buy
    I tried this game for 3 days now.
    Its very easy to get caught into the game, however it lack the starting point of gaining cards unless you use the marks you gained from the start to buy the card box (which i recommend to at least buy 1 to give you good option)

i think that this game is genuinely good and is a good addition to free to play online trading card game. only wish there was an actual way to trade cards.
  27. Oct 27, 2013
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I've played it through to 700 Elo so far and I've been doing pretty well. The resource system is interesting, and I really like the way the battle field is set up into lanes. I think there is quite a bit of tactical depth to the game, and the card base isn't yet so massive that it's intimidating to get into (looking at you MTG).
  28. Nov 27, 2013
    Online CCGs... Never thought i would play any one day as I think that paying for digital cards is stupid especially if you can't trade them, can't even hold them and there is no real value for it as I suspect you can't sell any accounts legally. Thing is, one of my friend tried the game on steam and got me into it.
    I have played many TCG during the passed years, MTG being the first i
    I have played many TCG during the passed years, MTG being the first i tried back in the 90s. Anyways, here are my impressions after 2 weeks of play.

- The game is very simple. Turn by turn without any interrupts, your hero can't attack but some of them have one skill that can prove useful or not depending on deck build. Seriously they didn't invent anything there.
    - One feature I think is cool is positioning your creatures on the field. Melee on front row, range in the back and flyers can go on both. That brings a little more strategy to the game as spells can do AoE and line effects so you need to think your formation depending on which school of magic your opponent's hero has.
    - So far i been enjoying it a lot and found out that you can build a very viable deck and enjoy the game without investing a cent. Might not be the case in the top elo but as i see it now nothing is impossible. You just need to keep playing, you get gold each game, with gold you buy packs and eventually you get the cards you want. If you don't get them, you can always use wild cards, a currency you can find by opening packs that can be traded for those cards you really wants there is an option you can burn your extra cards to get a feature card (changed every 8 hours) or a little gold to buy some more packs.
    - Tourneys... I am using a creature deck. very simple. Creatures with a nice cost curve and damage spells to open up the way and i got some gold in jackpot tourneys and first swiss i entered i came up 2nd. I saw outrageously cheap trick decks that stalls you forever until they get tired of seeing your face that totally destroyed me but all the cards are accessible in some ways so one day if i keep playing and i wish it, i could make the same deck.
    -Concerning rewards, you get stuff by continuously login everyday, you get bonuses every time you level up, you got a small campaign that will surely gets bigger eventually which gives decent amount of wealth by completing it. you got different achievements that gives you bonus packs/gold/seals etc...

Overall it is a decent game but definitely not a revolution. Entertaining for competitive geeks like myself but for how long? And Might and Magic? It could be any fantasy like card game i wouldn't see a difference. You can have fun for free and still be competitive, and that is the ONLY reason i rate this game ok, but i suggest you never ever pay for digital content such as collectible cards... it's not like you could sell em back for a profit in the future... like that ridiculous alpha black lotus card worth couples of hundreds if not more. Seriously, and even if you think your time is worth more than what you are paying in order to advance faster... don't. Those pixels you bought will eventually get outdated as new expansions comes. It is like bidding on an air guitar... Go buy a real game instead.

1. Feb 3, 2014
    Ubisoft's card game demands lots of thinking, detailed planning and constant changes in tactics. The developer is strongly supporting the game (new decks, add-ons and balance fixes), what makes it a great tournament game. Perhaps it's not the best product for gamers avoiding long time engagement, but even they should consider it. Duel of Champions is a great game for a thinking player.
  2. Games Master UK
    Feb 9, 2013
    Accessible, challenging and endlessly strategic with a great community. [March 2013, p.89]
  3. Jan 22, 2013
    Ubisoft are to be applauded for grasping, as Hi-Rez Studios did with Tribes Ascend, that the secret to a successful free-to-play title is building a healthy player base first and foremost and watching the income flow from that, rather than nickel and diming gamers for even basic content. It also helps if your core game is any good to begin with, and Might & Magic Duel of Champions is most certainly that. In fact, I'd heartily recommend it to fans of the Might & Magic series or online trading card games in general even if it had a price tag attached.