5.1

1. May 3, 2013
    I pre-purchased the steam version, and after they got the uplay servers up running (that this takes a while is almost to be expected nowadays), everything runs smoothly. I did not lose any data, campaign progess, save games or dynasty content. I suppose the user reporting this will get it all back once they connect to uplay again. The content is great, up until now (halfway in the firstI pre-purchased the steam version, and after they got the uplay servers up running (that this takes a while is almost to be expected nowadays), everything runs smoothly. I did not lose any data, campaign progess, save games or dynasty content. I suppose the user reporting this will get it all back once they connect to uplay again. The content is great, up until now (halfway in the first map). The new faction adds a new, tactically interesting play style. Everything I hoped for. Expand
  2. omi
    May 6, 2013
    MM6 evolved in time, it has now much better AI and free from bugs from the starting days. Alot of balancing done and I consider it is a true successor to homm series. I like the new expansion story and how it connects with homm5. There is a familiarity both gameplay and accompanying music score which brings some of old days fun from homm games. I recommend it to anyone especially to peopleMM6 evolved in time, it has now much better AI and free from bugs from the starting days. Alot of balancing done and I consider it is a true successor to homm series. I like the new expansion story and how it connects with homm5. There is a familiarity both gameplay and accompanying music score which brings some of old days fun from homm games. I recommend it to anyone especially to people who were discouraged 2 years ago with release of the game, now it is much more fun and challenging. Expand
  3. May 4, 2013
    All I can say is wow ;D

All I can say is wow ;D

Got home to my freshly installed H6+SoD on Steam(I had uninstalled the game yearsterday due to some sudden slowdown, worked it out today it was the Antivirus) just ran the game, unlocked Shades of Darkness and everything just worked. Cant fault anything at all. I LOVE the expansion. Totally. So far in the middle of a second map of the Elven campaign, and its very immersive and fun. I find the story and dialogues much much better now. And funnier Dungeon is becoming my favorite faction, well may be together with my all time H6 favorite Haven

I think Virtious has done a tremendous job, content-wise. Just have a look at reputation abilities and new dynasty weapons! They have brought back many familiar spells/techniques and added some new.

Ok, after playing extensively(still in the middle of elven map 2) I have to say that devs did a right choice introducing Dungeon instead of Sylvan/Academy. It establishes presence of the elves as we know them, arrogant and proud. Lots and lots of tactical abilities, have to think really hard on how to approach battles on different heroes.

1. Storyline

IS awesome. They have learned a lot, it is mature, developed and quests are actually forcing ypu to say split your army, or rush as fast as possible, or explore everything. They mixed all these perfectly. I love the interactions between Raelag and minotaurs, and between brothers

2. Lineup

Awesome, love it. My favourite are chakram dancers, and manticores(they seem to have more animations by the way)
    Assasins are powerful but easily killed, its worth it sometimes to attack with them and then use racial on them atraight away and move away. on general creatures are powerful but expensive. Only exception, black dragons are a bit weak on defence.
    Love the trickster class as well, and this mageblade dynasty weapon is fun. New abilities are hard to use but effective.

My Favorite races always were haven and academy, but now I am not sure:)

All these trolls giving a zero, that just isnt funny. Only negative about the game its crazily addicting!
  4. May 7, 2013
    Update: I just completed the Dungeon campaign today (managed to get into the game on the 2nd of May). Some people who have not played Heroes of Might and Magic V may probably not understand some parts of the story line, but that isn't critical to the game. I did have some occasional glitches in the battle maps (map items like rocks, braziers etc appearing very large, absence of gridlines),Update: I just completed the Dungeon campaign today (managed to get into the game on the 2nd of May). Some people who have not played Heroes of Might and Magic V may probably not understand some parts of the story line, but that isn't critical to the game. I did have some occasional glitches in the battle maps (map items like rocks, braziers etc appearing very large, absence of gridlines), but nothing really that significant that a reload couldn't solve. The only glitch that I couldnt not find a solution for, was the mana required to cast some of Sorshan's spells. Mass regeneration takes up like 40 mana, but Mass Drain Life 217 mana, especially frm a Magic Hero? Seems like a bug? But that said, it wasn't a biggie since the main hero i.e Raelag, wasn't affected by the bug.

I hope those who had problems with the game will give the game a chance...assuming you guys can get into the game i.e Sure, Ubisoft sucked in the DRM and Conflux, but once you get over that, and play the game proper, it is pretty good.

(PS :when conflux was down today for server maintenance, I replayed the 1st HoMM campaign again offline, just to check if there my game had any problems that some people complained about. I played Duke Slava's 1st mission without any problems as well. I had also forgotten how funny Kraal and the orcs can be! (from my first play thru when HoMM 6 was first released).
  5. May 4, 2013
    There was no music or voice when it first came out but they fixed that with a patch in less than 24 hours. I have only played the first 3 maps of the dark elf campaign and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The graphics are crisper than the original. Very nice graphics. Reading the forums people are experiencing many bugs but I am sure they will fix them as time goes by. The game froze 3 timesThere was no music or voice when it first came out but they fixed that with a patch in less than 24 hours. I have only played the first 3 maps of the dark elf campaign and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The graphics are crisper than the original. Very nice graphics. Reading the forums people are experiencing many bugs but I am sure they will fix them as time goes by. The game froze 3 times with me, all when starting battles. Not a big problem though I just loaded the autosave from the previous turn. It is a very complex and well polished game. I look forward to trying multi-player after I finish the campaigns. I would definitely recommend this game. Expand
  6. May 8, 2013
    Decent add on, if it wasn't for release connection problems it would be perfect score.I couldn't start anything on release date, but game started working after 2 days and had no problems since then.

I prefer HoMM 6 to HoMM 5 due to sheer amount maps and gameplay available, and the only nuisance would be AI that it doesn't look like they ever changed since HoMM 3.
  7. May 17, 2013
    Its really good expansion, worth the money. Homam 6 is returns to roots. Best Legacy ever.
    It have really nice graphic, zoomed it looks like wow or lol :)
    It have many languages inside, it detect your language automatically nothing to set.
  8. Mar 19, 2014
    Love this game and the series of Might and Magic. Very addictive and fun. Perhaps it can be considered too addictive.. :) Love it. Very creative game! Takes some skill and thought to win and defeat your enemies.

1. Jul 2, 2013
    I did complain in this review but as a whole Shades of Darkness is the best thing Heroes VI has to offer. [CD-Action 08/2013, p.84]
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    If you are fans of Might and Magic: Heroes VI and you crave for some new content, the standalone expansion Shades of Darkness is a must-have. If you've never played the sixth installment, beware of a loads of unpleasant surprises originating in the game's strongly unbalanced AI.
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    The latest installment in the Might & Magic Heroes franchise might not be the best game ever in the series, but the complete edition filled with extra content will guaranteed keep you busy for hours. Whether you're new to the game or veteran.