• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2011
6.0

1. Oct 13, 2011
    First I want to dispel some of the myths you'll find in the mixed and negative reviews:
    1. You can move your units before battle, but you need to get a skill to do it. Had the reviewers who argue this isn't possible played beyond the tutorial they would have learned this.
    2. I do not have any graphical glitches whatsoever. It may be a driver issue for some, I'm running a Radeon 6970 so it might be an nVidia issue or something who knows.

Okay so I really love this game. I think the graphics could be better and I think it's tough for the developers because so many people just want them to remake HOMM3. So for myself the really only issue I have with the game is no random maps and I'd like to see an option for even higher quality graphics.

The new things they've brought in are quite welcome. I'm a huge fan of the massive skill tree. The previous option left you with random choices when you leveled up and you couldn't build the character you wanted. The tutorial shows you how to do just about everything so there's no need for confusion. The voice acting and music is good, and I also like the combat. So all in all a good game. I'm really excited to try out the multiplayer. And just a friendly reminder to all the whiners giving this a 0: you can place your troops, but it's a skill that you get when you level up. Play more of the game before you review it.
  2. Oct 16, 2011
    There are way to many wrong facts about this game out there. You CAN move your troops before battle, only you need the "tactics" skill as mentioned before. Many people are complaining about the difficulty level. You can start with one of five campaigns so all of them start easy, BUT if you play this game longer then 120 min like some people wrote, you will find the later missions somewhatThere are way to many wrong facts about this game out there. You CAN move your troops before battle, only you need the "tactics" skill as mentioned before. Many people are complaining about the difficulty level. You can start with one of five campaigns so all of them start easy, BUT if you play this game longer then 120 min like some people wrote, you will find the later missions somewhat challanging. I am a HoMM veteran myself (started with II ) and i like this game. Many changes are just comfort, like town portal for every faction or recruiting your troops all in one city. But i like them. Expand
  3. Oct 13, 2011
    Great game! It does not change the old good mechanics of previous installment of the titled, but adds some minor flavors to change the experience. It has stunning graphic and excellent music. There are also some minor changes that I do not consider to be improvements, like lack of the alternative upgrade paths, but as far as I remember they came for the Hom&M V with the addon, so maybeGreat game! It does not change the old good mechanics of previous installment of the titled, but adds some minor flavors to change the experience. It has stunning graphic and excellent music. There are also some minor changes that I do not consider to be improvements, like lack of the alternative upgrade paths, but as far as I remember they came for the Hom&M V with the addon, so maybe will come here in this same manner, Overall it is the only game published this year that made mi stick before monitor for longer than few hours. Expand
  4. Oct 14, 2011
    Mmh6 is a very good game - better than all older heroes!
    Many changes but good changes make this game very playable and give heroes series fresh air.
    Give this part a chance then you will see that i have right:)
  5. Oct 14, 2011
    Suprisingly good as other have stated before. I am one of these HoMM III fanatics and I love that they have moved back to their roots and improved on what was already there.

The hero skill trees, new levels, beutiful graphics. It's nice. I don't like the music though. They should have different themes for the different factions. Now it feels more like I'm playing Uncharted with all these

The hero skill trees, new levels, beutiful graphics. It's nice.
    I don't like the music though. They should have different themes for the different factions. Now it feels more like I'm playing Uncharted with all these african bongos and crap. Great gameplay, good visuals, great improvements and poor music summarizes M&M: H6.
  6. Oct 14, 2011
    Ok, well something went wrong with the rating on my, much more extensive and robust review so to correct that injustice, in summary, great title, worthy successor of the Heroes brand.
  7. Oct 13, 2011
    Fantastic game! If you like HOMM 3 then this is the game for you. Beautiful graphics (if you see people say they are no good they must be running the game on a 1995 build computer). Excellent character development, no more crossing your fringers in HOPES to get the skill you need. Plays like any other HOMM turn based game, dont let other people fool you by saying there is no strategyFantastic game! If you like HOMM 3 then this is the game for you. Beautiful graphics (if you see people say they are no good they must be running the game on a 1995 build computer). Excellent character development, no more crossing your fringers in HOPES to get the skill you need. Plays like any other HOMM turn based game, dont let other people fool you by saying there is no strategy as the strategy is the exact same as the past HOMM games. This is a must buy for those who really enjoy the HOMM universe. The music is magical, graphics fantastic, beautiful character animations and art, revamped castle UI (much needed from HOMM 5). A must have. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2011
    Apart from the town screens and a few bugs (soon to be fixed, I trust), this game is brilliant. Graphics, animations story and combat are all optimal, UI & level design are fine and there is a good balance between new stuff and legacy aspects of the MMH series.

Go for it !
  9. Oct 13, 2011
    Come on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that isCome on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that is clearly an insult to Bioware, and smear H6 in the same post? H6 has room for improvement - the GUI and especially the town screens obviously come to mind - but this game is true to the soul of the Heroes series, remarkable for its overall quality, and most of its innovations will probably become "legacy" features. I'm giving it a 10 to balance the undeserved zeroes, but it certainly deserves between 8 and 9 Expand
  10. Oct 13, 2011
    This game is great. Don't trust the negative reviews, they didn't play enough of the game to properly review it. I loved all of the games in the series and this one is the second best after III.
  11. Oct 13, 2011
    My opinion it is possible to hate, curse and all the works, but it's the best part of the Heroes after 3, and even challenge is real hard, all the guys who are angry, tell me the game ... terrible shortcomings lock you say, and what with this? type is the main gameplay feature. Dumb AI? I do not want to disappoint you but Heroes has always been a project in which you want to play withMy opinion it is possible to hate, curse and all the works, but it's the best part of the Heroes after 3, and even challenge is real hard, all the guys who are angry, tell me the game ... terrible shortcomings lock you say, and what with this? type is the main gameplay feature. Dumb AI? I do not want to disappoint you but Heroes has always been a project in which you want to play with friends (Ie living people), simplification of the resource, delirium, they all did the right thing. Maybe someone will complain about the fights, so they are 2 times the beam 5 and 4 combined, and if we take the pumping and 3 next to no cost, because you can actually create individual character, and his mother is cool. Multiplayer is beyond praise, the idea of â Expand
  12. Oct 13, 2011
    0?! praising Dragon Age 2??!! Seriously I don't get it...

0?! praising Dragon Age 2??!! Seriously I don't get it...

I have played Heroes VI for a couple of days now and I felt at first that there were no BIG changes but little by little I noticed subtle but smart moves from previous Heroes such as a new ability system, advanced classes, boss fights, persistent items from map to map, the Conflux online thing. The graphics and animations look really amazing but the game has still some bugs but It's usually the kind of game that gets patches. The story is actually pretty cool, the only downpart is the town screen, it's missing the visuals for all buildings... ahh yes, I'm playing on hard mode and AI is making it a nice challenge. Anyway for any Heroes lovers and those who want to play the best turn-based strategy around, you can go for this one blindfolded.
  13. Oct 13, 2011
    A true successor of the Heroes series. The game play is smooth and the graphics is just fantastic. Combine that with the excellent music and you get a true heroes atmosphere.
    There are very good innovations in the game, like the area control. You don't have to chase the weak enemy heroes capturing your mines over and over again, you just have to control the Towns. The duel mode is great, i spent countless hours with it during the beta and will continue to do it in the released game.
  14. Oct 13, 2011
    It's great Might and Magic Return, good graphic, audio, interface, gameplay and great story. Music of Paul Romero is beautiful. Voice of actors is amazing. Big game for 40-60 hours, it's giving a lot of fun!
  15. Oct 13, 2011
    My opinion is simple: it's awesome. Hungarian developers created really nice game. Design, graphics, gameplay - everything was made perfectly. New chapter of Heroes deserves the highest ranking.
  16. Oct 13, 2011
    One more turn, one more turn... I'm going to play this one for nights... this is a social life killer... :) the game is amazing, it's such a pleasure to jump back into a Heroes game, the musics are fantastic!!! Gotta go back and discover who killed that knight duke!
  17. Oct 13, 2011
    Suprisingly good. I LOVED HoMM III as we all did, and hated IV and V, however this is remarkably good, and goes back to its roots more. It doesnt offer much new, although it feels very polished and well thought out. The game looks amazing in play, the graphics and animations really blend well, its not an easy game, and the AI whilst not genius level seems to offer a decent challenge forSuprisingly good. I LOVED HoMM III as we all did, and hated IV and V, however this is remarkably good, and goes back to its roots more. It doesnt offer much new, although it feels very polished and well thought out. The game looks amazing in play, the graphics and animations really blend well, its not an easy game, and the AI whilst not genius level seems to offer a decent challenge for learning the game. You will get at least 40 hours play in single player alone. All in all a good addition to this series. Expand
  18. Dec 3, 2014
    As a game Heroes 6 is good,better than 4 and 5 but because it is internet depending it can be irritating at times.Still not as good as Heroes 3.It is very challenging even at easy mode and that is not a good thing for me.
  19. Oct 14, 2011
    Great game, played the beta a lot and as a player that has played this series since it came out of the cradle I must say this installment is great, I love the new talent progression of the heroes and how you can customize to your hearts desire, the combat is fast and fun, it reminds in many good ways of the old HOMMIII but more polished and has something to offer for a broad audience, manyGreat game, played the beta a lot and as a player that has played this series since it came out of the cradle I must say this installment is great, I love the new talent progression of the heroes and how you can customize to your hearts desire, the combat is fast and fun, it reminds in many good ways of the old HOMMIII but more polished and has something to offer for a broad audience, many fun hours awaits in this game! Expand
  20. Oct 14, 2011
    I signed up just cause of this game, just cause of so many *bleep* rated it 0 for no good reason. This game is beautiful. The music is beautiful. The graphics is nice and enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty much what were used to in previous HoMM installments. The development of your heroes has changed for the better, as this part of the game is now deeper and you are able to choose moreI signed up just cause of this game, just cause of so many *bleep* rated it 0 for no good reason. This game is beautiful. The music is beautiful. The graphics is nice and enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty much what were used to in previous HoMM installments. The development of your heroes has changed for the better, as this part of the game is now deeper and you are able to choose more specifically how you want your heroes to evolve, and what they're going to be good at.

Yes, the city screen isn't as big and enjoyable as before, but that is really my only gripe with this game so far, and the pluses of this game far surpasses the minuses. So I'm gonna go ahead and give it a solid 9.

Very enjoyable game
  21. Oct 14, 2011
    I am going to go ahead and give this game a 10 to offset some of the idiocy here mainly due to misinformed players who own the game and have not played it enough in order to give the game a proper review. Troop placement is a SKILL point. Mouse issues can be fixed by turning OFF vsync.

Tthe deep, hero customization through Good/Evil lineage, skill trees, and items make for a very dynamic experience. Long story short Heroes VI is a GREAT addition to the series and should be picked by up any fan of turn based strategy.

Town screens are just a minor gripe and I'm not bothered by it much to be honest so im not going to hop on that bandwagon. I am actually liking "zones of control" and resource consolidation. The graphics are superb and the musical score is strong.

Gameplay is not much different from other heroes games of the past. Animation speeds are fully adjustable to your liking.

Game is well deserving of 9/10
  22. Oct 15, 2011
    I waited this game for a long time. What can I say, in the first impression is WOW. I like it so much. Now I spend then 20 hour game-play, and I feel more depth of tactics and skills. It's very impressed me. They made a fresh air of this franchise, but not lost their soul. When you play and say "just one more turn", that's remind me a good memories! That's what I need (for a heroes fun)!I waited this game for a long time. What can I say, in the first impression is WOW. I like it so much. Now I spend then 20 hour game-play, and I feel more depth of tactics and skills. It's very impressed me. They made a fresh air of this franchise, but not lost their soul. When you play and say "just one more turn", that's remind me a good memories! That's what I need (for a heroes fun)!
    GRAPHICS 96/100 (in this genre)
    Graphics it's amazing, especially the adventure maps (of course in high setting). Some reviewer talking about graphics issue (zoom in, and not looks like Crysis - dude this is not FPS - different technology -and you don't play strategy in fps mode), or glitches (graphic driver problem or lowend PC settings)? I don't understand why. They have bad luck about hardware or driver (or system spam) I think. (UBI referred about bug fix - some people have black screen, or laptop issue - they will fixing). But this is not about game, these are technical problems, what they can fix (Look at Rage - what they got from PC users - on consoles no problem, no tantrums). From that view is not objective the critics. When you can play the game in long time, then you able to discover lot of fun-factor (20 hour not so long to discover every aspect of the game!), and beauty visual.
    Units and map visual are closer to the H3, and leave H5 cartoonish style. This create more serious feeling, and more familiar to the adult audience. (Don't forget H1 released 1995 - that children are parents now.)
    - When your hero walk over the bridge, and you see cascade seem to fall into the depths.
    - You move into the swamp and feels like in sleep hollow movie.
    - You don't wanna leave the dungeon because of beauty.
    What can I say :)
    In this game have lot of different battle area. Some very memorable and some just decent. Effects are nice, but some are very common. I wanted to see some (like in FinalFantasy) huge facedropper effect, or more creative stuff for magic. User interface is ok, very clever and transparent. Icons are nice. BUT I miss the magic book! Scrolling! Of course TOWN SCREEN - what happened, and why? I want full screen town, with lot of detail - come on 2011! (There have rumor about townscreen fix in the future patch - I hope so)
    ANIMATIONS 99/100 (in this genre)
    I like the units animations. Very detailed, and full of life. There have new animation (which was not previously): defense, or critical hit.
    There have humor too. When your troop waiting so long, then start fun animation. :))
    On the adventure maps need some critter - create more life!
    CUTSCENES 80/100 (ingame - PC games)
    Compare to the other AAA hyped title, for example Deus Ex, it's much more decent and polished (especial lipsync). There are lot of them, and not the same at all. Nice touch to story telling, but not every aspect. (-20)
    MUSIC 100/100
    In the 25th anniversary we hear lot of familiar tunes from Might and Magic series. This make me chill, goose-skin, and brake up good memories :) Nice touch.
    VOICE AND SOUND (80/100)
    Voice acting (in this industry) are very decent. Some a bit over/under played, but the average are good. Sound nothing special, just fine. Maybe some missing (example: ship movement have no sound)
    GAMEPLAY 90/100
    Area control, new (not random) skill system, dynasty ability, new race are fresh and exciting. AI fast and sometimes more challenge. (This AI more complex than before.) Hard mode sometimes insane (Be careful: AI in this mode cheating with more resource and units!)
    Town upgrade, and unique buildings are fine (new game tactics for online). Market very clever and easy to use. (Full Townscreen usage more fun.)
    There have hotseat and online mode for living AI :) Duel is fun, just need more level, and opportunity to create unique army.
    TECHNICAL (85/100)
    In my machine this game are stable. Graphics smooth. I would like antialising. Save is very fast.
    Loading or closing the game sometimes a bit long (somthing online issue I think)
    Some dude show about incompetency:
    UNIT PLACING BEFORE BATTLE - Is it POSSIBLE, if you have a special skill for that!
    THERE IS ALSO NO WAY TO VIEW YOUR NEW UNITS
    - Dude where are your eyes? On the Unit window there have a button to show your unit in close, and you can rotate. (OMG)
    THE CURSOR IS STILL FLICKERING FOR NO GOOD REASON
    - That's just on some configuration, how I saw on some forum. Of course this fix coming, as soon as possible, if you read UBI forum. BIG IMBALANCES IN THE GAME
    - That judge in a few hour play? Oh, and what Heroes was balanced in release? I remember H3 needed 3 addon/patch (year after year) and still not so balanced. I take 10 score, because some "kid" playing as troll and crash the normal count. These dude need to live in middle Africa or Afghanistan for a couple of year - or just playing enough to know the depth of the game...
  23. Oct 14, 2011
    Excellent continuation of cult game! It is even more cards of monsters of abilities and pleasant atmosphere! In a word it is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. Mar 21, 2012
    Heroes VI was not a disappointment like some say, yes there are a few glitches, but nothing major, there is hot seat for anyone who likes to play with friends, there is an online and offline hot seat, the troops for the races are different there are a few that are the same or similar to the troops in Heroes V, there is a small town screen its not as fancy as the town screen in Heroes V butHeroes VI was not a disappointment like some say, yes there are a few glitches, but nothing major, there is hot seat for anyone who likes to play with friends, there is an online and offline hot seat, the troops for the races are different there are a few that are the same or similar to the troops in Heroes V, there is a small town screen its not as fancy as the town screen in Heroes V but you can still see your town change, the graphics are better then any other Heroes game, the combat system is different and takes some getting use to, and its hard to tell which one of your heroes is selected sometimes. The music is pretty good and the campaigns are fun, they can be difficult but they are still fun. You can customize your own character in online mode, the ability tree is much better then the last games, you can choose what you want to select instead of getting 4 random spells to learn. Expand
  25. Jun 22, 2014
    Really nice game, good graphic, audio, interface, gameplay and great story. long lasting game for 50-80 hours, lots of fun!. i would like to give it a 9, but with all the negativity around it got 10.
  26. Oct 14, 2011
    Well. If you are old enough to love HOMM3, it won't fulfill your demands. However, avoid at all cost??? Not at all. If you are a fan, this game offers what you got already. Fun. Nothing to shocking, surprising or annoying. Small changes for menus and skills and a slightly better but more demanding graphics. An 6~8/10 would be fair depending on how you like the improvements on a legend gameWell. If you are old enough to love HOMM3, it won't fulfill your demands. However, avoid at all cost??? Not at all. If you are a fan, this game offers what you got already. Fun. Nothing to shocking, surprising or annoying. Small changes for menus and skills and a slightly better but more demanding graphics. An 6~8/10 would be fair depending on how you like the improvements on a legend game such as HOMM3. Expand
  27. Oct 14, 2011
    I played the demo - which must have been seriously lame compared to the full game - and hell I loved it. I only registered here to tell you guys: that only map I could use in the demo version gave a 100 times more fun and brainstorming than the entire HoMM V. (my fav is still IV tho, don't throw rocks at me :) )
    Anyways, what I don't understand is all the complaints on the town screen...
    Anyways, what I don't understand is all the complaints on the town screen... okay, you can't play with sunbeams like in HoMM V (and I'm sure almost every single one of us here did that at least a few times :D) but apart from that, you got an awesome interface to manage your troops and your castle/fortress/whatever. The bonus strategical options - like the territories, outposts, different handling of mines - made it more like a strategy game than an RPG - which was my main pain in HoMM V. :) So after ONLY playing the demo, I still loved it much more than the prequel, haters should play Strongold 3, I'll buy the full version in the very moment I'll have enough money for it :)
  28. Oct 14, 2011
    If one should find an exaggerating metaphor for this outrageously gripping new title then it should be that this game is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread. Many generations after us will hail this title as the crown of turn-based strategy gaming dethroning the infamous and undeserved monopolist Heroes of Might & Magic 3 basically over night. Starting with the trimming ofIf one should find an exaggerating metaphor for this outrageously gripping new title then it should be that this game is the best thing since the invention of sliced bread. Many generations after us will hail this title as the crown of turn-based strategy gaming dethroning the infamous and undeserved monopolist Heroes of Might & Magic 3 basically over night. Starting with the trimming of fat like unprecedented level of detail and interactivity contained within the town screens of its predecessors - which usually promoted nothing but unwarranted levels of immersion - going to the removal of the obscenely random Random Map Generators and the time-saving components as simultaneous turns in multiplayer responsible for the rush mentality in the turn-based strategy gaming community of today alongside useless chaff like faction diversity it is without doubt that what the user is being graced with is a cornerstone in game design and the new reference product for the Might and Magic series. One may only look in awe at the stunning and thrilling dialogue sequences packed into compact dialogue windows of unseen beauty or just be shaken with emotions as the protagonist characters invite the player into an epic story emblazoned with wooden yet heart-rending narration. While you band together with your friends online to go together or against each-other you will learn the virtues of patience as the game bestows upon you first-class, seamless and fluid-as-molasses hotseat play experience no matter the game mode you have signed up for. After you have witnessed first-hand the devotion and dedication poured into this game while enjoying the heart-pounding experience of the well-balanced and cleverly revised battle system turning every unit into a melee one then you know you are in for a deal of the most awesome kind. Bristling with innovations while retaining long-loved features such as the chasing of unshackled enemies all over the map this game has surely has tons of replay potential left yet to be unearthed. Finally tearing to shreds any kind of nostalgia felt towards in-franchise competitors nearing over a decade in age this leaves only one loving verdict: Ten points! Expand
  29. Oct 16, 2011
    The last heroes of might and magic iplayed was number 2 and i was too young to understand the game but i still loved it, i have now bought heros 6 and i am impressed, the graphics are great for a top down game(especially rpg)and i have had no issues whatsoever, i am using a gtx 580(so for older or lesser cards i would not know how they fair), i am especcially pleased with the trees, water,The last heroes of might and magic iplayed was number 2 and i was too young to understand the game but i still loved it, i have now bought heros 6 and i am impressed, the graphics are great for a top down game(especially rpg)and i have had no issues whatsoever, i am using a gtx 580(so for older or lesser cards i would not know how they fair), i am especcially pleased with the trees, water, textures(mmm..) and rocks. storywise i went in not expecting much and was stunned at how good the story is(not like the best story in afantasy game ever but for heros it is well... stunning), but i have not fineshed any campaigns yet as they go for ages which is great, really great, only thing i would like in story is better voices(as always but there still good) and more CG!(lol). The gameplay is fresh and great, balance i really dont know and dont really care too much(of course abit but not like in starcraft or something), the changes they have made have taken away any depth from the game. Sound... i wuuuuuve it. alot. I wuold recommend this game to many poeple and i am enjoying it thouraghlyand hope you do too. Expand
  30. Oct 18, 2011
    This is a grate game! iv played it for many houres. The story is 10 times bether then i have seen in any heros game. i did not like the the changes to necro withe not rasing skeletons. There was a lot of bugs in the game at start up but withe fast patching things are looking up. The music is grate and i realy enjoy listning to it. A grate instalment in the heros saga 9/10 realy wourthThis is a grate game! iv played it for many houres. The story is 10 times bether then i have seen in any heros game. i did not like the the changes to necro withe not rasing skeletons. There was a lot of bugs in the game at start up but withe fast patching things are looking up. The music is grate and i realy enjoy listning to it. A grate instalment in the heros saga 9/10 realy wourth palying

The good: grate grahics, grate stor,y the best balance in heroes history
    the bad: buggy, changes to necro

1. Dec 12, 2011
    This is definitely not the high point of the series. Someone may need to return to the old drawing board.
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    A damn fine - if at times somewhat unforgiving - turn-based game with strategic depth and hours upon hours of play. [Christmas 2011, p.52]
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Engrossing exploration, diverse development, and challenging combat return in Might & Magic Heroes VI.