Might & Magic: Heroes VI PC

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2011
6.0

1. Oct 13, 2011
    First I want to dispel some of the myths you'll find in the mixed and negative reviews:
    1. You can move your units before battle, but you need to get a skill to do it. Had the reviewers who argue this isn't possible played beyond the tutorial they would have learned this.
    2. I do not have any graphical glitches whatsoever. It may be a driver issue for some, I'm running a Radeon 6970 so it might be an nVidia issue or something who knows.

Okay so I really love this game. I think the graphics could be better and I think it's tough for the developers because so many people just want them to remake HOMM3. So for myself the really only issue I have with the game is no random maps and I'd like to see an option for even higher quality graphics.

The new things they've brought in are quite welcome. I'm a huge fan of the massive skill tree. The previous option left you with random choices when you leveled up and you couldn't build the character you wanted. The tutorial shows you how to do just about everything so there's no need for confusion. The voice acting and music is good, and I also like the combat. So all in all a good game. I'm really excited to try out the multiplayer. And just a friendly reminder to all the whiners giving this a 0: you can place your troops, but it's a skill that you get when you level up. Play more of the game before you review it.
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    Great game! It does not change the old good mechanics of previous installment of the titled, but adds some minor flavors to change the experience. It has stunning graphic and excellent music. There are also some minor changes that I do not consider to be improvements, like lack of the alternative upgrade paths, but as far as I remember they came for the Hom&M V with the addon, so maybeGreat game! It does not change the old good mechanics of previous installment of the titled, but adds some minor flavors to change the experience. It has stunning graphic and excellent music. There are also some minor changes that I do not consider to be improvements, like lack of the alternative upgrade paths, but as far as I remember they came for the Hom&M V with the addon, so maybe will come here in this same manner, Overall it is the only game published this year that made mi stick before monitor for longer than few hours. Expand
  3. Oct 16, 2011
    There are way to many wrong facts about this game out there. You CAN move your troops before battle, only you need the "tactics" skill as mentioned before. Many people are complaining about the difficulty level. You can start with one of five campaigns so all of them start easy, BUT if you play this game longer then 120 min like some people wrote, you will find the later missions somewhatThere are way to many wrong facts about this game out there. You CAN move your troops before battle, only you need the "tactics" skill as mentioned before. Many people are complaining about the difficulty level. You can start with one of five campaigns so all of them start easy, BUT if you play this game longer then 120 min like some people wrote, you will find the later missions somewhat challanging. I am a HoMM veteran myself (started with II ) and i like this game. Many changes are just comfort, like town portal for every faction or recruiting your troops all in one city. But i like them. Expand
  4. Oct 14, 2011
    Mmh6 is a very good game - better than all older heroes!
    Many changes but good changes make this game very playable and give heroes series fresh air.
    Give this part a chance then you will see that i have right:)
  5. Oct 14, 2011
    Suprisingly good as other have stated before. I am one of these HoMM III fanatics and I love that they have moved back to their roots and improved on what was already there.

The hero skill trees, new levels, beutiful graphics. It's nice. I don't like the music though. They should have different themes for the different factions. Now it feels more like I'm playing Uncharted with all these

The hero skill trees, new levels, beutiful graphics. It's nice.
    I don't like the music though. They should have different themes for the different factions. Now it feels more like I'm playing Uncharted with all these african bongos and crap. Great gameplay, good visuals, great improvements and poor music summarizes M&M: H6.
  6. Oct 14, 2011
    Ok, well something went wrong with the rating on my, much more extensive and robust review so to correct that injustice, in summary, great title, worthy successor of the Heroes brand.
  7. Oct 13, 2011
    Fantastic game! If you like HOMM 3 then this is the game for you. Beautiful graphics (if you see people say they are no good they must be running the game on a 1995 build computer). Excellent character development, no more crossing your fringers in HOPES to get the skill you need. Plays like any other HOMM turn based game, dont let other people fool you by saying there is no strategyFantastic game! If you like HOMM 3 then this is the game for you. Beautiful graphics (if you see people say they are no good they must be running the game on a 1995 build computer). Excellent character development, no more crossing your fringers in HOPES to get the skill you need. Plays like any other HOMM turn based game, dont let other people fool you by saying there is no strategy as the strategy is the exact same as the past HOMM games. This is a must buy for those who really enjoy the HOMM universe. The music is magical, graphics fantastic, beautiful character animations and art, revamped castle UI (much needed from HOMM 5). A must have. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2011
    My opinion it is possible to hate, curse and all the works, but it's the best part of the Heroes after 3, and even challenge is real hard, all the guys who are angry, tell me the game ... terrible shortcomings lock you say, and what with this? type is the main gameplay feature. Dumb AI? I do not want to disappoint you but Heroes has always been a project in which you want to play withMy opinion it is possible to hate, curse and all the works, but it's the best part of the Heroes after 3, and even challenge is real hard, all the guys who are angry, tell me the game ... terrible shortcomings lock you say, and what with this? type is the main gameplay feature. Dumb AI? I do not want to disappoint you but Heroes has always been a project in which you want to play with friends (Ie living people), simplification of the resource, delirium, they all did the right thing. Maybe someone will complain about the fights, so they are 2 times the beam 5 and 4 combined, and if we take the pumping and 3 next to no cost, because you can actually create individual character, and his mother is cool. Multiplayer is beyond praise, the idea of â Expand
  9. Oct 13, 2011
    Apart from the town screens and a few bugs (soon to be fixed, I trust), this game is brilliant. Graphics, animations story and combat are all optimal, UI & level design are fine and there is a good balance between new stuff and legacy aspects of the MMH series.

Go for it !
  10. Oct 13, 2011
    Come on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that isCome on guys, 0 for this game? Honestly, I can understand nothing will beat H3 in your nostalgic eyes but I've been following the H6-related news (including the various dev diaries), and after playing it for a sufficient amount of time, I can assert that Ubisoft DOES care, and that Black Hole could teach quite a few lessons to your beloved Bioware. How can you praise Dragon Age II that is clearly an insult to Bioware, and smear H6 in the same post? H6 has room for improvement - the GUI and especially the town screens obviously come to mind - but this game is true to the soul of the Heroes series, remarkable for its overall quality, and most of its innovations will probably become "legacy" features. I'm giving it a 10 to balance the undeserved zeroes, but it certainly deserves between 8 and 9 Expand
  11. Oct 13, 2011
    This game is great. Don't trust the negative reviews, they didn't play enough of the game to properly review it. I loved all of the games in the series and this one is the second best after III.
  12. Oct 13, 2011
    0?! praising Dragon Age 2??!! Seriously I don't get it...

0?! praising Dragon Age 2??!! Seriously I don't get it...

I have played Heroes VI for a couple of days now and I felt at first that there were no BIG changes but little by little I noticed subtle but smart moves from previous Heroes such as a new ability system, advanced classes, boss fights, persistent items from map to map, the Conflux online thing. The graphics and animations look really amazing but the game has still some bugs but It's usually the kind of game that gets patches. The story is actually pretty cool, the only downpart is the town screen, it's missing the visuals for all buildings... ahh yes, I'm playing on hard mode and AI is making it a nice challenge. Anyway for any Heroes lovers and those who want to play the best turn-based strategy around, you can go for this one blindfolded.
  13. Oct 13, 2011
    A true successor of the Heroes series. The game play is smooth and the graphics is just fantastic. Combine that with the excellent music and you get a true heroes atmosphere.
    There are very good innovations in the game, like the area control. You don't have to chase the weak enemy heroes capturing your mines over and over again, you just have to control the Towns. The duel mode is great, i spent countless hours with it during the beta and will continue to do it in the released game.
  14. Oct 13, 2011
    It's great Might and Magic Return, good graphic, audio, interface, gameplay and great story. Music of Paul Romero is beautiful. Voice of actors is amazing. Big game for 40-60 hours, it's giving a lot of fun!
  15. Oct 13, 2011
    My opinion is simple: it's awesome. Hungarian developers created really nice game. Design, graphics, gameplay - everything was made perfectly. New chapter of Heroes deserves the highest ranking.
  16. Oct 13, 2011
    One more turn, one more turn... I'm going to play this one for nights... this is a social life killer... :) the game is amazing, it's such a pleasure to jump back into a Heroes game, the musics are fantastic!!! Gotta go back and discover who killed that knight duke!
  17. Oct 13, 2011
    Suprisingly good. I LOVED HoMM III as we all did, and hated IV and V, however this is remarkably good, and goes back to its roots more. It doesnt offer much new, although it feels very polished and well thought out. The game looks amazing in play, the graphics and animations really blend well, its not an easy game, and the AI whilst not genius level seems to offer a decent challenge forSuprisingly good. I LOVED HoMM III as we all did, and hated IV and V, however this is remarkably good, and goes back to its roots more. It doesnt offer much new, although it feels very polished and well thought out. The game looks amazing in play, the graphics and animations really blend well, its not an easy game, and the AI whilst not genius level seems to offer a decent challenge for learning the game. You will get at least 40 hours play in single player alone. All in all a good addition to this series. Expand
  18. May 25, 2012
    Great game, played the first 3 games in this series but skipped the past 2 as my life was too busy when they came out. Its pretty similar to the previous games I've played and still has the same feel to it yet updates the graphics and adds some new gameplay features to it. This is one series that has not lost its way as time has evolved, I'm sick of sequels to classic games thatGreat game, played the first 3 games in this series but skipped the past 2 as my life was too busy when they came out. Its pretty similar to the previous games I've played and still has the same feel to it yet updates the graphics and adds some new gameplay features to it. This is one series that has not lost its way as time has evolved, I'm sick of sequels to classic games that streamline away the features that I liked about the originals. Expand
  19. Jul 17, 2012
    I still love the round-based strategy and RPG mix of this series. And I love that a story is being told even if the story is nothing special really. As many I didn't like the fact that the towns owned are presented as static pictures but aparantly that changed with the latest DLC.
  20. Jun 24, 2013
    Well this game had really horrible start. At release it was full of bugs and glitches. If devs waited at least half year longer and fixed these bugs this game would not be so hated. To day, after patches, HOMAM VI is really good heroes game. HOMAM 3 are still superior, but heroes 6 got some interesting new ideas and really great graphics. Both Campaigns and quick scenarios are good. IWell this game had really horrible start. At release it was full of bugs and glitches. If devs waited at least half year longer and fixed these bugs this game would not be so hated. To day, after patches, HOMAM VI is really good heroes game. HOMAM 3 are still superior, but heroes 6 got some interesting new ideas and really great graphics. Both Campaigns and quick scenarios are good. I still hope that we will see more than one expansions. Only 5 cities 6 with exp. is a little few in compare to Homam 5 (8) or Homam 3 (9). Expand
  21. Dec 3, 2014
    As a game Heroes 6 is good,better than 4 and 5 but because it is internet depending it can be irritating at times.Still not as good as Heroes 3.It is very challenging even at easy mode and that is not a good thing for me.
  22. Nov 5, 2012
    To Ubisoft : Please bring more managment and challenge in the next version of the game !!! It's a good game, but not as good as the HoMM 4 nor HoMM 5. We are getting farther and farther from a good strategic game and closer to a games for newbie. Too easy, nearly no managment (Ability to change a City faction after getting the city ... Nearly no morale managment ... Reinforcement commingTo Ubisoft : Please bring more managment and challenge in the next version of the game !!! It's a good game, but not as good as the HoMM 4 nor HoMM 5. We are getting farther and farther from a good strategic game and closer to a games for newbie. Too easy, nearly no managment (Ability to change a City faction after getting the city ... Nearly no morale managment ... Reinforcement comming from build to town arrive instantly without travelling time (no interception possibility)). Expand
  23. Jun 22, 2014
    Really nice game, good graphic, audio, interface, gameplay and great story. long lasting game for 50-80 hours, lots of fun!. i would like to give it a 9, but with all the negativity around it got 10.
  24. Oct 14, 2011
    Great game, played the beta a lot and as a player that has played this series since it came out of the cradle I must say this installment is great, I love the new talent progression of the heroes and how you can customize to your hearts desire, the combat is fast and fun, it reminds in many good ways of the old HOMMIII but more polished and has something to offer for a broad audience, manyGreat game, played the beta a lot and as a player that has played this series since it came out of the cradle I must say this installment is great, I love the new talent progression of the heroes and how you can customize to your hearts desire, the combat is fast and fun, it reminds in many good ways of the old HOMMIII but more polished and has something to offer for a broad audience, many fun hours awaits in this game! Expand
  25. Oct 14, 2011
    I signed up just cause of this game, just cause of so many *bleep* rated it 0 for no good reason. This game is beautiful. The music is beautiful. The graphics is nice and enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty much what were used to in previous HoMM installments. The development of your heroes has changed for the better, as this part of the game is now deeper and you are able to choose moreI signed up just cause of this game, just cause of so many *bleep* rated it 0 for no good reason. This game is beautiful. The music is beautiful. The graphics is nice and enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty much what were used to in previous HoMM installments. The development of your heroes has changed for the better, as this part of the game is now deeper and you are able to choose more specifically how you want your heroes to evolve, and what they're going to be good at.

Yes, the city screen isn't as big and enjoyable as before, but that is really my only gripe with this game so far, and the pluses of this game far surpasses the minuses. So I'm gonna go ahead and give it a solid 9.

Very enjoyable game
  26. Oct 14, 2011
    I am going to go ahead and give this game a 10 to offset some of the idiocy here mainly due to misinformed players who own the game and have not played it enough in order to give the game a proper review. Troop placement is a SKILL point. Mouse issues can be fixed by turning OFF vsync.

Tthe deep, hero customization through Good/Evil lineage, skill trees, and items make for a very dynamic experience. Long story short Heroes VI is a GREAT addition to the series and should be picked by up any fan of turn based strategy.

Town screens are just a minor gripe and I'm not bothered by it much to be honest so im not going to hop on that bandwagon. I am actually liking "zones of control" and resource consolidation. The graphics are superb and the musical score is strong.

Gameplay is not much different from other heroes games of the past. Animation speeds are fully adjustable to your liking.

Game is well deserving of 9/10
  27. Oct 15, 2011
    I waited this game for a long time. What can I say, in the first impression is WOW. I like it so much. Now I spend then 20 hour game-play, and I feel more depth of tactics and skills. It's very impressed me. They made a fresh air of this franchise, but not lost their soul. When you play and say "just one more turn", that's remind me a good memories! That's what I need (for a heroes fun)!I waited this game for a long time. What can I say, in the first impression is WOW. I like it so much. Now I spend then 20 hour game-play, and I feel more depth of tactics and skills. It's very impressed me. They made a fresh air of this franchise, but not lost their soul. When you play and say "just one more turn", that's remind me a good memories! That's what I need (for a heroes fun)!
    GRAPHICS 96/100 (in this genre)
    Graphics it's amazing, especially the adventure maps (of course in high setting). Some reviewer talking about graphics issue (zoom in, and not looks like Crysis - dude this is not FPS - different technology -and you don't play strategy in fps mode), or glitches (graphic driver problem or lowend PC settings)? I don't understand why. They have bad luck about hardware or driver (or system spam) I think. (UBI referred about bug fix - some people have black screen, or laptop issue - they will fixing). But this is not about game, these are technical problems, what they can fix (Look at Rage - what they got from PC users - on consoles no problem, no tantrums). From that view is not objective the critics. When you can play the game in long time, then you able to discover lot of fun-factor (20 hour not so long to discover every aspect of the game!), and beauty visual.
    Units and map visual are closer to the H3, and leave H5 cartoonish style. This create more serious feeling, and more familiar to the adult audience. (Don't forget H1 released 1995 - that children are parents now.)
    - When your hero walk over the bridge, and you see cascade seem to fall into the depths.
    - You move into the swamp and feels like in sleep hollow movie.
    - You don't wanna leave the dungeon because of beauty.
    What can I say :)
    In this game have lot of different battle area. Some very memorable and some just decent. Effects are nice, but some are very common. I wanted to see some (like in FinalFantasy) huge facedropper effect, or more creative stuff for magic. User interface is ok, very clever and transparent. Icons are nice. BUT I miss the magic book! Scrolling! Of course TOWN SCREEN - what happened, and why? I want full screen town, with lot of detail - come on 2011! (There have rumor about townscreen fix in the future patch - I hope so)
    ANIMATIONS 99/100 (in this genre)
    I like the units animations. Very detailed, and full of life. There have new animation (which was not previously): defense, or critical hit.
    There have humor too. When your troop waiting so long, then start fun animation. :))
    On the adventure maps need some critter - create more life!
    CUTSCENES 80/100 (ingame - PC games)
    Compare to the other AAA hyped title, for example Deus Ex, it's much more decent and polished (especial lipsync). There are lot of them, and not the same at all. Nice touch to story telling, but not every aspect. (-20)
    MUSIC 100/100
    In the 25th anniversary we hear lot of familiar tunes from Might and Magic series. This make me chill, goose-skin, and brake up good memories :) Nice touch.
    VOICE AND SOUND (80/100)
    Voice acting (in this industry) are very decent. Some a bit over/under played, but the average are good. Sound nothing special, just fine. Maybe some missing (example: ship movement have no sound)
    GAMEPLAY 90/100
    Area control, new (not random) skill system, dynasty ability, new race are fresh and exciting. AI fast and sometimes more challenge. (This AI more complex than before.) Hard mode sometimes insane (Be careful: AI in this mode cheating with more resource and units!)
    Town upgrade, and unique buildings are fine (new game tactics for online). Market very clever and easy to use. (Full Townscreen usage more fun.)
    There have hotseat and online mode for living AI :) Duel is fun, just need more level, and opportunity to create unique army.
    TECHNICAL (85/100)
    In my machine this game are stable. Graphics smooth. I would like antialising. Save is very fast.
    Loading or closing the game sometimes a bit long (somthing online issue I think)
    Some dude show about incompetency:
    UNIT PLACING BEFORE BATTLE - Is it POSSIBLE, if you have a special skill for that!
    THERE IS ALSO NO WAY TO VIEW YOUR NEW UNITS
    - Dude where are your eyes? On the Unit window there have a button to show your unit in close, and you can rotate. (OMG)
    THE CURSOR IS STILL FLICKERING FOR NO GOOD REASON
    - That's just on some configuration, how I saw on some forum. Of course this fix coming, as soon as possible, if you read UBI forum. BIG IMBALANCES IN THE GAME
    - That judge in a few hour play? Oh, and what Heroes was balanced in release? I remember H3 needed 3 addon/patch (year after year) and still not so balanced. I take 10 score, because some "kid" playing as troll and crash the normal count. These dude need to live in middle Africa or Afghanistan for a couple of year - or just playing enough to know the depth of the game...
  28. Oct 14, 2011
    Excellent continuation of cult game! It is even more cards of monsters of abilities and pleasant atmosphere! In a word it is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. lmg
    Oct 19, 2011
    i am not a big fan of the series but i have played all the editions of heroes of might and magic series. i would say one thing that kings bounty actually has taken the reigns since their first entry as far as story and gameplay is concerned. but somehow i liked this new heroes 6 entry. it has got good graphics and a nice story(i havent played much of game, ll post again after some time).i am not a big fan of the series but i have played all the editions of heroes of might and magic series. i would say one thing that kings bounty actually has taken the reigns since their first entry as far as story and gameplay is concerned. but somehow i liked this new heroes 6 entry. it has got good graphics and a nice story(i havent played much of game, ll post again after some time). my initial few hours of gameplay experience is good. i dont know how come people are commenting on the graphical glitches and buggy game play, i havent encountered anything sour till now. i think the graphics are beautiful, the units, the enivronment is all beautiful. i cant comment on the gameplay balance because i have been winning easily on normal mode(may be the difficulty will increase lateron). as far as comparison of heroes VI to other editions is concerned i think the company has introduced some nice changes in graphics, gameplay by introducing blood and tears concept and skill tree(there is a huge lot of skills to choose from). it gives you a fresh feeling. those who keep on comparing this version to heroes 3, please dont compare(things r bound to change with time, i agree heroes 3 was good). i think its a fresh new step to improve the experience. i will post again after completing the game. but for all those who see 0 score given by few people i would advise them not to get influenced by negative scores as this game is worth a try. Expand
  30. Mar 21, 2012
    Heroes VI was not a disappointment like some say, yes there are a few glitches, but nothing major, there is hot seat for anyone who likes to play with friends, there is an online and offline hot seat, the troops for the races are different there are a few that are the same or similar to the troops in Heroes V, there is a small town screen its not as fancy as the town screen in Heroes V butHeroes VI was not a disappointment like some say, yes there are a few glitches, but nothing major, there is hot seat for anyone who likes to play with friends, there is an online and offline hot seat, the troops for the races are different there are a few that are the same or similar to the troops in Heroes V, there is a small town screen its not as fancy as the town screen in Heroes V but you can still see your town change, the graphics are better then any other Heroes game, the combat system is different and takes some getting use to, and its hard to tell which one of your heroes is selected sometimes. The music is pretty good and the campaigns are fun, they can be difficult but they are still fun. You can customize your own character in online mode, the ability tree is much better then the last games, you can choose what you want to select instead of getting 4 random spells to learn. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2011
    This is definitely not the high point of the series. Someone may need to return to the old drawing board.
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    A damn fine - if at times somewhat unforgiving - turn-based game with strategic depth and hours upon hours of play. [Christmas 2011, p.52]
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Engrossing exploration, diverse development, and challenging combat return in Might & Magic Heroes VI.