Might & Magic X: Legacy PC

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jan 23, 2014
7.2

1. Jan 25, 2014
    I started playing this and could not stop. I only paused to write this review and then I'm getting right back into it again.

This game is retro done right - no weird art styles to make the game "look" retro, instead they took an old game system and rejuvenated it . The entire game is turn based - in dungeons and overworld. And every step has to be thought about. The fights are brutally hard, even on adventurer level. If you don't think about every choice, you're going to die.

The loot is interesting. The battles are fun. The enemies are varied. The overworld has a lot of interesting stuff - exploration pays off, that square of land a few steps away may contain some loose dirt that needs to be dug in, or a hidden shrine to some god tucked away on the side that will give you valuable benefits you may *need* to get past the next fight.

Fights are tough but fair. Magic is interesting. Character/racial choices have a huge effect on gameplay - for example some characters may only be able to get to "novice" on swordplay, whereas someone else may be able to become a grand master. (There are four levels: Novice, expert, master, grandmaster, for every skill.) If you particularly want a grandmaster healer, you better pick the right race AND occupation.

There are a few minor blemishes - movements keys are set up so that WASD, rather than being what most people are probably used to, is Forward/Left/Backward/Right. But as the keys are reconfigurable you can fix this in seconds. Also on the overworld map trees spin in place each time you take a step. Minor stuff indeed.

What you need to know is, this game is FUN. Not because it's retro, but because it's tough but fair and thought is rewarded. It's as if chess and D&D had a beautiful baby.

If you like RPG's or if you like strategy, TRY THIS GAME.

I can't wait to see what the devs do next. I congratulate them for a wonderful first outing and I'm really hoping they do an M&M XI.
  2. Jan 31, 2014
    Surprisingly good. Especially if you were a fan of the earlier versions. The grid system does make the game seem a little clunky in the beginning, but that's something you get used to. The game play is good and sometimes a little unforgiving. The many different races/classes also mean there are many ways to play the game (some easier than others). The only one 'bad' thing which I don'tSurprisingly good. Especially if you were a fan of the earlier versions. The grid system does make the game seem a little clunky in the beginning, but that's something you get used to. The game play is good and sometimes a little unforgiving. The many different races/classes also mean there are many ways to play the game (some easier than others). The only one 'bad' thing which I don't really like about the game mechanic is that your party cannot disengage (i.e. move away from an enemy) once they are in a grid next to you. Nonetheless, I would rate it pretty highly and good old school rpg fun. Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2014
    If you liked oldschool M&M games youll like this, if you however expect it to be a complete copy and clone of those games you will be dissapointed as the game is "modernized" to a certain degree (graphics/simpler skill interface)

So far all the mainstream reviewers are critizising the game for "not revolutionizing or doing something new" i can only cringe and how idiotic "professional" reviewers can be when they review a game that is suppose to be a throw back to older grid based/turnbased RPGs and complain its not doing something vastly diffrent or copying Skyrim

Im addicted to this game and thinking about playing it everyday, i havent had one mainstream game do that for me yet, so for that i give it a 9
  4. Jan 31, 2014
    Finished it few days ago on the warrior difficulty. Great game indeed though i wasn't expecting too much and didn't participate in alpha testing. I was so afraid of being disappointed because of "betrayal" (c) of the earlier games. in the result, turns out, was wrong. Hard to explain why i do like M&M franchise so much (since parts 4 and 5 aka World of Xeen), they're just great and classyFinished it few days ago on the warrior difficulty. Great game indeed though i wasn't expecting too much and didn't participate in alpha testing. I was so afraid of being disappointed because of "betrayal" (c) of the earlier games. in the result, turns out, was wrong. Hard to explain why i do like M&M franchise so much (since parts 4 and 5 aka World of Xeen), they're just great and classy and have that nice atmosphere, likeable characters, interesting puzzles and big amount of oldschool exploration, so i'll make a list of the things, which, in my opinion, prevented it from getting a higher score.

Things i didn't like:
    - Restrictions, that make your experience more linear, especially at the first part of the game. Don't mean difficulty of the enemies, i only mean when game prevents you from moving anywhere else than next mainquest or sidequest dungeon, because of the "pirates on the sea", "brigands on the road" or "lack of God-dragon blessing". Don't remember having that amount of restrictions in earlier games

- Lack of content. World is big and well designed, game has like 60 hours of gameplay, but just higher variation of enemies, spells, weapons, conditions etc.would be really nice. I especially miss cursed weapons, traps on the chests, conditions like "petrified", "insane", "drunk" or "eradicated" and magical and regular aging (not telling about "Heartbroken" or "In love", its ok for me to not get my characters into these :) ). Not sure if reputation or alchemy from the later games are needed, didn't like them that much, but having a chance to donate in the temple would also add much to the atmosphere for me. More customisation at the making of the party (i mean character avatars and voices) would be nice. And of course more classes and races - all that good stuff that we did have in the earlier games. upd, I do not understand why Town portal was removed from the game eather. That spell didn't make the game easier (if you cant use it during the fight), just helps to save some time you usually spend on backtracking.

- I know its an ongoing problem, had it in the World of Xeen, but i didnt like ranged weapons in this game as i didnt like or didn't use them that much in m&m 4-5 too. So, it seems for me, that some classes are still more helpful than the others. Not sure about it, yet about to test the completion of the game with only characters like rangers and hunters in the future, but still. Ranged weapons need some buffs.

- Game has a great amount of dungeons and sidequests, but even on the warrior difficulty. if you ll spend enough time visiting them, you'll quickly find out that noone is able to stop your overpowered team anymore. I don't mean the mainquest, but i really was disappointed to not even have an option to visit a dungeon, where packs of dragons will explain me who I am by klling the whole team whith a single blow - so i'll need to expand my strategy, try to find a use for items that i've found earlier and didn't sale. Which brings me to the next point.

- It would be really nice to have a place to store your items (with an amount of properties that aren't useful now, but may help vs. certain enemies, for example by giving higher resists agains their weapons). My horse and backpack weren't enough at later stages. Maybe i'm just too foresighted and greedy, but still.

- I know they'll never come back but i still miss sci-fi elements. Not much of a concern, just design choice, i'm ok with the one they made.

- The most significant: bugs and lack of optimisation. I still hope my graphical adaptor didn't get burned or damaged whlie i was playing this. Loading times are just too long. At some places it starts to freeze or lag. Sometimes music don't seem to stop - sound design is great, but seems obviously bugged. Its just technical issues, but they do harm the overall experience.

But, aside from it, great game, love it so much, and was waiting for it for so long. A big thanks from me to the developers for deliviring that kind of experience. I've bought a deluxe edition and am looking for the next games in the franchise. And yes, i do hope, some of these concerns will be fixed by modes, patches or (*here i sigh*) dlc.
  5. Jan 28, 2014
    MMX is a throwback to the World of Xeen days (Might and Magic 4 and 5) with better graphics. My nostalgic heart goes pitter pat when I play this game. For that alone, I'm giving it a high score. I'm also generally giggly about the old-school controls. For those who never played Might and Magic 7 or earlier probably won't like it quite as much. It's not very intuitive for gamers ofMMX is a throwback to the World of Xeen days (Might and Magic 4 and 5) with better graphics. My nostalgic heart goes pitter pat when I play this game. For that alone, I'm giving it a high score. I'm also generally giggly about the old-school controls. For those who never played Might and Magic 7 or earlier probably won't like it quite as much. It's not very intuitive for gamers of today.

Be warned, though. MMX is not forgiving. Expect to die until you get a good sense of what works for the game. There isn't really a "brainlessly button mash" tutorial area.

This game is deliberately nostalgic and retro. Don't expect cutting edge graphics, but do expect a challenging, turn-based rpg experience. Use those potions!
  6. Jan 27, 2014
    I realy like might & magic series. So, for me is this game like a gold. Maybe the graphics and some issues are still there, but this game is realy for hardcore gamers. And I think there is still a good base of this kind of gamers. It's challenging and replayble. So I give 9/10. (10/10 when some official strategy guide will be available - I stil not understand, why this kind of games haveI realy like might & magic series. So, for me is this game like a gold. Maybe the graphics and some issues are still there, but this game is realy for hardcore gamers. And I think there is still a good base of this kind of gamers. It's challenging and replayble. So I give 9/10. (10/10 when some official strategy guide will be available - I stil not understand, why this kind of games have not guide available on release, the main hardcore base of players realy need it) Expand
  7. Jan 27, 2014
    This is a great game which is admittedly pretty buggy and poorly optimized right now. If the first games that come to mind when you think of RPGs are Dragon Age and Skyrim, you probably won't enjoy this much. For the rest of us that remember and adore the classics, Might & Magic X is a solid modern take on the older games in the series. I can only hope it does well enough financially soThis is a great game which is admittedly pretty buggy and poorly optimized right now. If the first games that come to mind when you think of RPGs are Dragon Age and Skyrim, you probably won't enjoy this much. For the rest of us that remember and adore the classics, Might & Magic X is a solid modern take on the older games in the series. I can only hope it does well enough financially so that Ubisoft greenlights future Might & Magic RPGs. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2014
    What an awesome experience! Ubisoft seems to have listened the fans. The game is long, the gameplay is old-school and THIS IS A Might & Magic.
    We have been waiting for ages to see that, so let's enjoy the fact that they didn't destroy the franchise and took care of us :).
  9. Jan 31, 2014
    This game is a breath of fresh air in a genre which was dumbed down to appease a wider audience for years.

While the story and certain elements (tile based in-town movement) are keeping this game from pure excellence, the return to its roots makes this game unique in current age and this is a wonderful experience. Beware: the game is not holding your hand to do anything and tutorial

Beware: the game is not holding your hand to do anything and tutorial is practically non-existent. If you cannot bother with thinking about proper group composition, careful progression and lack of in-game help, this will be a painful experience for you, even on the easy difficulty. Those who are more accustomed to modern "RPG" like Mass Effect or even Dragon Age are in for a bit of a shock.

Nevertheless, it's worth it. The game is rather difficult, but the time you overcome a particularly nasty boss because of proper utilisation of your party skills is a great experience. The game rewards you for spending time upgrading your skills, finding proper equipment, and while the challenge is not always fair, there is rarely an obstacle that you can't overcome with proper planning and execution.

M&M X has small problems with graphics and optimisation for certain rigs, but this shouldn't bother you, because this is absolutely the game to try. It is great that Ubisoft and Limbic took a chance on creating such a game, but it is a wonderful return of a beloved franchise.

Thank You, Ubisoft, and, please, give us more.
  10. Jan 31, 2014
    What initially looked like an low budget embarrassment for the series turned out to surpass all expectations. A great mix of an M&M and Wizardry, this game delivers on all fronts, except for the badly optimised engine and long loading times.

Probably the best "proper" RPG dungeon since the old days of yore.
  11. Jan 30, 2014
    Since Might and Magic 6 I've been a suker for this francise. Although the gameplay is not identical to MM6, it still a masterpiece and still might and magic. Although the contols are stolen from Legend of Grimrock that is the only so far the similarity goes. And love that they brought back the old sound FX library older MM games.
  12. Feb 1, 2014
    I have played them all, and I feel that this is the one with the most love from the dev team. There has really gone a lot of thought into this game.
    If this is the new baseline for M&M I am sure the next one is a 10 out of 10.
    They have kept a lot of the old mecanics but changede the way they are implemented so you will feel at home in the univeres even with the new 3D design. There are
    If this is the new baseline for M&M I am sure the next one is a 10 out of 10.
    There are room for improvements, and I hope they will listen to the players and make some minor changes in the next release.

If you like D&D you can`t miss this one :)
  13. Jan 27, 2014
    If you like challenging (warrior dificulty) old-school cRPG is exactly what you need. I was waiting for game like this few years. Maybe graphics and optymalization isn't great, but mechanics and gameplay is for me great. I highly recommend this M&M X to all rpg gamers.
  14. Jan 26, 2014
    Playing this for over 30 hours now. Just ender chapter 2.
    After reading some mediocre reviews, I was not expecting such a good game. I really LOVE turn-based, grid-based dungeoncrawler. And this one is no exeption. Could not stop playing this weekend...just small breaks for eating and sleeping. This did not happen to me since Dragon Age: Origins (PC) :)
  15. Jan 30, 2014
    The Real Old school game make me feel playing Lands Of Lore !
    Really great old school feeling just the «you can't move when your at engaged at melee» is a bit hard to get used to, but it add some salt to the game challenge.
    Issues: it come with way too many bugs :( as often in MM licence since Ubisoft is in charge … And even if it old school game it doesn't have to be that bad in
    The Real Old school game make me feel playing Lands Of Lore !

And even if it old school game it doesn't have to be that bad in technical and graphical part
  16. Feb 2, 2014
    I fully expected to hate this game, but it was saved by some of the best tactical gameplay I've seen in the series, and you have a lot of flexibility to develop your characters in interesting ways. Combat is punishingly hard but not impossible: you really have to use everything at your disposal to get anywhere on the Warrior difficulty.

The bad: Low production values. Ubisoft didn't

The bad: Low production values. Ubisoft didn't invest much in this game's development, and it shows in the voice acting and optimization. Expect framerate drops on any machine. Don't play it on a 32 bit OS. Story and writing suffer compared to past entries, as well. To me, this is all overshadowed by the meat and potatoes of the gameplay, which scratch an itch I didn't even know was there.
  17. Jan 23, 2014
    This is a fantastic return to form for the classic M&M franchise. This returns to the series roots of turn based, strategic, grid based gameplay. These classic elements enhance strategy over twitch reflexes and promote deep character promotion. Experimentation with party builds and a decent range of skills have been generally missing in the last decade of gaming and its great to see theseThis is a fantastic return to form for the classic M&M franchise. This returns to the series roots of turn based, strategic, grid based gameplay. These classic elements enhance strategy over twitch reflexes and promote deep character promotion. Experimentation with party builds and a decent range of skills have been generally missing in the last decade of gaming and its great to see these come back. The fresh and cartoony graphics are rather enjoyable (given a reportedly limited budget) but really help throw the series into this decade. All in all a great game for people who love a serious RPG classic! Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2014
    Few words ; A classic old-school first person party based cRPG, with tile-based movement controls, turn based combats, a free-to-explore world area , a deep and rich char development and other elements of the past.

Older gamers that grew up with game series like Might and Magic and Wizardry will enjoy the new part of MnM fore sure! The game will not hold your hand (no quest markers etc.) , the exploration is deep and rich, the progress through the world is not linear at all (must visit older areas to clean harder monsters and dungeons yoy left) and has the feeling of "adventure" as you manage to overcome the difficulties (and they are many!) New gamers have a chance to play a really different style of cRPG, although they might need patience to understand the philosophy of this sub-genre.

The game though has its problems, like the terrible online-DRM Uplay, the "heavy" engine and minor details that could make the game a really masterpiece (f.e. the few choices at appearances and voices of your party members), but imo those flaws are not enough to prevent you enjoy a really good game, who like a visitor from the past bring us many gaming hours of a forgotten rpg-genre.
  19. Jan 27, 2014
    Excellent remake in the style of Might and Magic 1 through 5. If you weren't a fan of these early games, you might not enjoy the "grid movement" approach to travel. All in all the game manages to capture the feel of these early games very well, but with very much modern graphics. So far my only gripe is that they are going with the Ashan lore of Might and Magic Heroes 6, rather than theExcellent remake in the style of Might and Magic 1 through 5. If you weren't a fan of these early games, you might not enjoy the "grid movement" approach to travel. All in all the game manages to capture the feel of these early games very well, but with very much modern graphics. So far my only gripe is that they are going with the Ashan lore of Might and Magic Heroes 6, rather than the original Scifi/Fantasy mix that made the original games so intriguing. Expand
  20. Jan 30, 2014
    Most addicting game I played in a long time. The character development, secrets to find, places to explore, and challenging tactical battles make it fun. Keep in mind this game is based on the old Might and Magic Xeen games mixed with some good things from Might and Magic 7 like skills and trainers. There are a few bugs that still need to be patched, but I didn't come across many exceptMost addicting game I played in a long time. The character development, secrets to find, places to explore, and challenging tactical battles make it fun. Keep in mind this game is based on the old Might and Magic Xeen games mixed with some good things from Might and Magic 7 like skills and trainers. There are a few bugs that still need to be patched, but I didn't come across many except the music getting stuck and a respawn bug with spirit beacon which I just reloaded an older save to fix. So far only happened once to me.

If you like old school Might and Magic this is probably for you. Kids who are looking for a MMORPG, or a Morrowind type game, look somewhere else.
  21. Jan 23, 2014
    Many reviewers might be having the wrong expectations regarding this game. At US$25, you probably shouldn't be expecting anything particularly amazing in the graphics department.

Admittedly, the graphics are generally sub-par compared to even low-end contemporary games (textures and aspect ratios are a primary culprit), but if you buy this game, you should buy it knowing that it has a greater emphasis on gameplay than on graphics, and so far gameplay stays true to the classic MM formula (where "classic" is MM1-5). Step movement makes for a better turn-based experience and strategic planning during battles. It's may not be as "fun" as the later MMs in the series, but it has its own appeal.

Bottom line - get this game if you place more emphasis on careful planning and turn-based battles rather than graphics. It will definitely appeal more to MM fans, and is undoubtedly very buggy in its current state, but the devs are clearly moving in the right direction I think.
  22. Jan 27, 2014
    Might & Magic X is certainly not perfect but I can feel it has been developped by a passionated team, with willingness & respect for the franchise. It was also a good attempt to open the development to the players and the game released is really better than the early access one.
  23. Jan 24, 2014
    Might and Magic X Legacy is purely a game designed and made for fans of the earlier Might and Magic games (I - V), with strong nods to fans of VI - VIII. Even a slight influence from M&MXI can be seen. If "fan of Might and Magic 1-5" does not describe you, you are more than likely NOT the target audience for M&M X, and will likely not enjoy it as much as your usual entertainment. LegacyMight and Magic X Legacy is purely a game designed and made for fans of the earlier Might and Magic games (I - V), with strong nods to fans of VI - VIII. Even a slight influence from M&MXI can be seen. If "fan of Might and Magic 1-5" does not describe you, you are more than likely NOT the target audience for M&M X, and will likely not enjoy it as much as your usual entertainment. Legacy utilises mechanics and design concepts that are more and more in this day and age, seen by the mainstream as archaic, outdated and unnecessary, such as turn-based combat, grid-based movement, and relatively little wiggle room for difficulty on the harder setting. If any of this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, M&M X is not for you.

If you are a fan of previous Might and Magic titles, there is plenty of nostalgia for you to enjoy here. Despite a clearly limited budget and (probably) very little support from the publisher (though who can really blame them with such a niche title - let's be thankful they made it at all), there is plenty of love and care lavished on M&M X. The creative director is a huge fan of the series, and has made this game with painstaking reference to the previous titles, rather than trying to reboot the series with new graphics and mechanics.

Might and Magic X stays true to its legacy in basically all the important ways. The only things lacking here for a Might and Magic fan are that there are no non-combat skills (the game is completely combat focused - this is not really a negative, they had a fairly low budget, and the publisher was testing the waters), the game is set in the relatively bland fantasy world of Ashan (ala Heroes of Might and Magic V and VI), and it unfortunately requires Uplay to run.

Still, I'm not complaining. After a decade or so, I finally have my hands on some awesome new Might and Magic again. Hopefully sales are strong enough that Ubi is willing to continue the series. Props to you, Ubisoft, for getting this made. For the next installment, give the guys at Limbic a bigger budget and some more creative freedom, and see what they come up with.

TL;DR - If you like the (early) Might and Magic series, you'll like this. If you aren't turned off by low(ish) budget graphics or "archaic" turn-based combat, M&M X is probably worth a try. Would get a 10 if they brought back Alchemy, Enchanting, Shops and Homes with pre-rendered backgrounds, and mah Horseshoes.
  24. Jan 26, 2014
    The game is great. Don't listen to what others say that its not free roam but with grid. **** THEM. Hardcore back to the Roots. If you don't like it the game is not for you then but that doesn't means its not great. **** everyone who says otherwise. Oh and don't make a character focused in ranged only, it sucks.
  25. Jan 30, 2014
    As a huge fan of Heroes games, I heard about Might & Magic classic game come back but to be sincere I wasn't really expevting this new instalment in the series as I never played a single episodes of this old-school RPG.
    I bought the game last week and have played to it for hours. This is difficult to explain the feeling and experience this game has provided to me, but it's really fresh and unique. This game manages perfectly to bring together exploration, RPG and tactical combats for a deep and challenging adventure you will never forget.
    Great job Ubisoft ; )
  26. Feb 8, 2014
    A surprisingly good sequel to a classic game series, quite unexpected from Ubisoft to be honest. Just don't expect a cutscene-heavy, "cinematic" RPG, MMX is pure gameplay with a very basic story, but a nice balance between open-world exploration and turn-based combat, tons of dungeons, creatures and powerful items to find.

This is one of those games that gets the character progression

This is one of those games that gets the character progression just right - you feel really helpless in the beginning, struggling to kill a bunch of wolves without someone dying, and the game stays difficult until the end (on warrior difficulty), but in the end, once your characters have earned their promotions and have got grandmaster ranks, they finally begin to feel powerful, annihilating hordes of monsters with a few spells, which feels really satisfying.

One thing that I didn't like about the combat mechanics is that once you enter melee range there is no way to move around, and no way whatsoever to escape from a bad encounter. Because there is a lot of exploration involved, and because even the starting area contains some creatures that are unbeatable until much later, this results in frequent save/load abuse. Scripted "trapped" chests or doors that cause enemies to spawn behind your back are also quite lame for the same reason, thankfully there are not too many of those.
  27. Jan 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played the last Might and Magic game about 10 years ago. I played parts from V to IX, and really played them, probably for months. Games then were not like they are now, you had to write little things down in order to remember them later, like "Where can I train master of Earth magic skill". I didn't have internet back then and games were much harder and more exciting just because you had to put some effort and didn't have this "instant knowledge" we all have access to now.
    My long and boring introduction is meant to say: I like this game. Reminds me of a better time for games. It is old school by all means, it has a grid-turn-based movement and combat system like some older parts in the series had. The production values are not up-to par with the current standards, but the game definitely has charm and I was eager to come from work to play it (30 years old now). Dungeons are a contrast to some of the outdoor scenery, it seems the authors put a lot more effort designing those. They are quite beautiful at times and their design and layout is different in almost every one, which I particularly liked (its not "you've seen one cave, you seen them all").
    Combat is a bit repetitive, but somehow, still engaging and satisfying. The atmosphere in some dungeons is quite spooky which really adds to the enjoyment. There is also all sorts of old school puzzles (pressure plates, switches...), secret walls, secret rooms and such. Also, this is the first game in a long time I was actually interested in reading quest notes, books I found, listened to lore from NPC's, so I can say the quests were quite interesting and most importantly, you have to do them without map markers and quest arrows.
    Finally, I would really recommend this game to anyone willing to play a solid, charming, quite old-school RPG. If you are very young, you will perhaps feel some of the magic of the old, and if you are an old school gamer... well, you will have a strong, pleasant nostalgia feeling all the way to the end game screen.
  28. Mar 7, 2014
    There is nothing I can say that would do this game justice. It is amazing in every respect - a true love letter to rpg veterans of days long past. It hearkens back to the glory days of western computer role-playing, and does so with a fresh coat of paint and much needed gameplay tweaks that make this the most accessible game in the series to date. If you are a fan of old-school computerThere is nothing I can say that would do this game justice. It is amazing in every respect - a true love letter to rpg veterans of days long past. It hearkens back to the glory days of western computer role-playing, and does so with a fresh coat of paint and much needed gameplay tweaks that make this the most accessible game in the series to date. If you are a fan of old-school computer role-playing that doesn't hold your hand, purchase this game now. It is worthy of the Might and Magic brand in every way. Expand
  29. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is controversial for many fans, but I really enjoyed it and certainly would recommend you to play it. Let me tell you why:
    Positives
    It is classical dungeon crawler There are many nice references to older games The story is interesting with nice ending Classical RPG style of skills Lot of lore, especially books Tactical combat Negatives: Uplay - unnecessary DRM
    Positives
    It is classical dungeon crawler
    There are many nice references to older games
    The story is interesting with nice ending
    Classical RPG style of skills
    Lot of lore, especially books
    Tactical combat
    Negatives:
    Uplay - unnecessary DRM
    un-optimized game engine (Unity)
    16:10 resolution are not supported
    as of 9.2.2014 there is many of un-repaired bugs
    there is still need for some balancing
    it is smaller game than previous titles
    only some dialogs are dubbed
    not all quests are accessible in single play-through
    smaller number of skills and spells than previous titles (MM6-8)
    game lacks in auto-gathering information - like teachers, or where key characters are.
    share inventory for all characters (very small)
    You can have only 2 NPCs accompanying your part (quest NPC counts into that limit)
    You can´t escape fight, you have to reload.
    You won´t get full manual with game
    To consider:
    Game is square movement type in style of dungeon master
    Game is set in Ashan world.
  30. Feb 24, 2014
    This would be a masterfully created oldschool RPG that brings the old days of M&M series to it's full glory. Pure retro gaming with beautiful modern overlay. Nice visuals and hand-drawn pictures, catchy gameplay and storyline, engaging character development, challenging tactical combat, it's all there. You can clearly see this game has been created with love and respect for the originalThis would be a masterfully created oldschool RPG that brings the old days of M&M series to it's full glory. Pure retro gaming with beautiful modern overlay. Nice visuals and hand-drawn pictures, catchy gameplay and storyline, engaging character development, challenging tactical combat, it's all there. You can clearly see this game has been created with love and respect for the original series and when it worked I had a great time that lasted for about 60 hours of gampeplay...

BUT... they rushed the release! Not sure if the devs or publisher is to blame, but this is unacceptable. Legacy is massively infested with game breaking bugs that it's almost unplayable in places. Graphic glitches, low-res or missing textures, stuttering, really badly optimized engine causing overheating of the GPU, audio problems, quest errors, missing crucial quest items, crashes to desktop, corrupt saves, completely missing quest tokens in journal, unfinished cinematics, missing voice-overs, even ending of the game resulted in a crash and the final boss didn't even bother to show up. This is the worst case of the buggy disaster I have ever played and it just saddens me that it must have happened with such a beautiful game in it's core. It almost feels like you're playing a beta and you're paying the full price for this game to be their beta tester.

This could have been easily 10/10 piece and I just love the heart of this game, the atmosphere and the experience when it works, I even love the nice deluxe packaging with cloth map and all the goodies, this could have been really something, but the overall experience has been so damaged by bugs, that I am being extremely generous by giving this 8. When they patch everything and fix all the bugs (and I hope they will eventually), this will be the full score. For now - 8/10

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    Might and Magic X: Legacy is a shamelessly old-school RPG made for us raised on Might and Magic and Eye of Beholder. It's a fine romp even without the nostalgia. The generic setting lacks personality, like some of the quirky aspects of Jon van Caneghem's old Might and Magic games, but solid combat system with spot on difficulty curve makes up for it. Budget production values show on how much some of the assets are recycled throughout, and the fairly short adventure never reaches truly epic proportions, but despite that I'd adventure more in a world like this. [March 2014]
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    It is not easy to sum up a game like Might & Magic X: Legacy. It is beyond reasonable doubt a game largely based on nostalgia, but at the same time is honest and well made.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    A perfect blend of the old and the new, which shows that archaic gameplay can still be lots of fun. [Issue #239]