7.4

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is an amazing game, for all of you whining about how it barely has anything in it and has bad graphics, shut up and play something that has "good graphics", and for all of you saying how it barely has anything in the final release, it still has upcoming updates, this is just going out of the beta stage. I've been playing since alpha and have never lost interest do to graphics or how it doesn't have any of the promised features yet, it takes time to code a game, and if you get bored of the vanilla game, the community has tons of modders and the forums have a mod section full of great mods. Get bored of singleplayer with mods? Try multiplayer, and if that doesn't interest you enough, TRY MULTIPLAYER WITH MODS! I hope this review gets through to all of you. Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    I got minecraft in the early beta days, and up to now it remains to me addictive and entertaining. The pric e of the game is excellent for the amount of hours of gameplay you get from it. Even if you get bored of the vanilla game, there is a enormous modding community that will satisfy all your wants.

Survival and creation are the two main aspects of minecraft. In survival mode you gather
    resources and shelter your self from the evil of the night, monsters such as creepers, skeletons and zombies will ambush you throughout the game and you will need weaponry, defence and protection to fight back the threat. With enough resources, you can make anything you can imagine, following a isometric system that doesn't fail to dissapoint.

Creative mode is more of an extra feature, allowing you to build whatever you can think of. it doesn't give the ammount of satisfaction that survival gives, but is a great passtime and great for displaying creations to your friends and the community.

Dimensions in both modes add more depth to the game. The nether is a hellish hostile world with special resources necessary for projects such as glowstone, blaze rods and netherrack. The end ( also known as the Ender) is... well let me not ruin that for you ;)

Multiplayer is even better. it takes a while to get it running, and with bad connection servers can be quite laggy but playing with a friend is a new experience on itself.

The only issue i really have with minecraft is that i feel as if notch is making it feel a bit too constrained. In alpha and early beta, nothing really mattered and you just were there, but now it makes me feel as if i'm forced to follow a set amount of goals every time i start up a new world.

Still, minecraft doesn't fail to dissapoint me and millions of others. Minecraft is more than just a game. Its an experience and nothing is more satisfying than setting yourself a goal and achieving it.

I give minecraft a 9 for

+1 a lot of items and collectivity
    +1 ton's of replayability
    +1 Great bang for your buck
    +1 Redstone
    - 1 for feeling a bit forced to do things now.
  3. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is a great example of how a game does not have to be complicated and with fancy graphics to be good. The game is very fun in creative, survival and in multiplayer. The only down side about this game would be that, on vanilla, this game can become rather boring. But Minecraft created a great community that started to create wonderful mods, texture packs, custom maps, adventure maps and more. Making Minecraft a game you can play for years. Expand
  4. Nov 27, 2011
    I love this game! Its a great block based game that allows the player to build up his world and survive. Or cheat you way threw it. Which is fun to!!!!
  5. Nov 28, 2011
    I really, really love this game. It is without any doubt the best game I ever played. It gives you so much freedom to do whatever you want to do. Do you want to blow up the world? Go ahead!
    Do you want to make a huge castle? No problemo.
    Do you want to fight monsters? Sure thing!
  6. Nov 28, 2011
    MineCraft is my favourite PC game of all time. It out plays elder-scrolls, diablo, fallout and all others. you can play Minecraft forever and never get bored. MineCraft will be one of those games that people will play in the decades to come.
  7. Nov 28, 2011
    OK. I'm going to give this wonderful game a 10 which it truly deserves. The critic reviews are all great, but as usual the user reviews don't exactly know what they are reviewing, so let me get this straight, Minecraft is supposed to have simple graphics and if you don't like them, get a texture pack! Great glad i got that over with. Minecraft is a simple, yet exciting game. You can build in a unlimited world, you just need your imagination. One thing people forget is that this game is not over with, they will keep updating it every week and add mod support which will be great, so to those people out there giving this game a terrible review just because "game play is repetitive" there are updates so don't give this wonderful unique game a 0 because of that. I respect mojang and people really seem to forget they are indie developers, I'm grateful notch keeps up with the community which most developers don't do. And one of the greatest things about this game is that there really is no goal, yeah now there is the end, but still use your imagination. I love the graphics of this game, funny how people call it 70s like graphics i wouldn't like the game if it had a more real approach to it. This is the most unique game i have ever played, hope you love it like mostly every one does! P.S. this is from someone who actually PLAYED the game. ;D Expand
  8. Nov 29, 2011
    no game has unleashed the creativity of it's players like Minecraft has, the amount of things you could build is endless and when you add multiplayer into the mix building with friends has never been so fun. Top Notch game.
  9. Dec 1, 2011
    I love this game, on its own its not a 10/10 but when you add in the great community and user made content this is about the best game you can get for 30 bucks. My advice, buy it, unless your like 10 yearrs old 30 bucks wont be a huge dent in your wallet and you most likely won't regret it unless your creativity is a bit lacking.
  10. Dec 3, 2011
    Minecraft is a sandbox game. You're the creator of your own amusement. Entering a new world without ambitions will leave you bored in about 5 minutes. You decide what you want to do and you decide how long you want to do it.

This game is incredible in my opinion. But it would be nothing without the community. Some of the mods you can get for this game is absolutely incredible and with a
    combination of let's say 10 mods you can spend hundereds of hours in one world exploring, constructing, building, mining and developing. It's like being ten years again building your Lego. Without inspiration or imagination you won't get far.

There's still room for huge improvements such as easier installations of mods and genrally implementing alot of stuff from the mods themselves in the vanilla game.

I am giving this game a rating 10/10 because of it's value with modding. As I said without the mods this game is not half as interesting. So to all the mod developers out there, I aplaud you. And Notch, start buying peoples creations. In my opinion the most valuable mods so far is "Buildcraft" and "Industrial Craft".
  11. Dec 2, 2011
    Minecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and you will see an entirely new side of the game.

To make a long story short: of all great games out there, Minecraft has the best price-quality ratio. Buy it today!
  12. Dec 3, 2011
    2nd On My Top 3 List Awesome Always New Updates Hold Up I Need My Creeper Cap *Puts On Hat* Anyway This Is Such Worth The Money You Can Build Survive Craft Sprint Dragons Potions The End The Nether Creeper Notch Heorbrine And Much More Buy It Now
  13. Dec 4, 2011
    Minecraft is not merely a game, it is a tool for which modern audiences can express their creativity with as little effort as possible. The creator of the game, Notch, has taken a huge idea and compressed it into the limits of Java. There are 2 general ways to play Minecraft; survival, and creative. Survival focuses on building a shelter, crafting tools, killing enemies and most importantly staying alive. Creative focuses on building, whether it be making a huge castle or an 8 bit computer or giant pixel art, creative Minecraft lets your dreams become reality block by block. Possibilities are endless, I love this game! Expand
  14. Dec 5, 2011
    To everyhone who wants Minecraft, or hating on it:
    Firstly, to all of you reviewers giving Minecraft reds, you do not understand the game and the 'complete' side of things. I have played minecraft since the first release of alpha, and have loved it all the way. The graphics that some people call s*** make the spirit of the game, and actually make it better. Without these graphics,
    Minecraft would not have its charm and would not be Minecraft. The building side of MInecraft is amazing, being able to construct everything you dream of. Survival mode pits you against monsters that come out at night, and all in all is REALLY FUN.

The developers are not lazy, as many have said. They work there butts of every day to make new content and add what fans want, constantly making the game more fun and exciting. Multiplayer is extremely fun, espacially with bukkit and plugins adding factions, npcs, and other great things to MInecraft. The reason why this game is so popular is that you can do anything you want, as the Yogscast have shown us, even make a gigantic sprawling story with twists and turns!

Graphics - 10/10 (Without them Minecraft would not be Minecraft, and it would not be good)
    Gameplay - 10/10 (Very fun and keeps yoy coming back and thinking about it throughout your day)
    Story - 10/10 (You make your own story, and can do anything you want on your own or with friends)

Extra:
    Singleplayer - 9/10 (Very very good, but can get boring after 250 hours of play)
    Multiplayer 10+/10 (Best multiplayer experience I have ever player, and I have played A LOT!)
  15. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is perfect in every aspect. Awesome gameplay, Nice, clean 8-bit textures and lots of lolz and fun if you have friends to play with. I'm so addicted to Minecraft. It's the perfect game if you want to test your creativity. You can build anything you want in it, from the smallest house to the biggest epic fortress and if you are playing multiplayer, priceless fun.
  16. Dec 5, 2011
    Shut up about the grapics. this game is so good that it completely doesnt matter. its that fun. addicting, charming, exciting, AMAZING modders and so many add ons made by fans that there is are uncountable ways to play it. whether it be custom maps, adding new goals to the game, mods, adding awesome possibilities and heights to the fun, servers where you can survive with friends or live in a minecraft multiplayer universe, or even texture packs changing the atmosphere of the game in a way you wouldnt expect. without the pixal like graphics, almost none of this could be seriously done. take skyrim mods for example. skyrim is awesome but mod for that compared to minecraft are very far behind. why? graphics and difficuly modability. and mojang has been working day and night to get you all the new updates for Gods sake. LOOK AT THE ENDER DRAGON! it looks awesome. the game is addicting and an awesome game, especially for an indie game. Expand
  17. Dec 5, 2011
    I probably enjoyed this game so much because I always liked making my own maps in other games, like Age of Empires. When I started hearing about a game where you could build anything, from a small cabin to a gigantic castle in hell, I immediately wanted it.You have to admit, Minecraft is not just a game any more; it is also a genre. Sandbox games have risen in popularity due to their open-ended nature. I have played at least 100 hours on Minecraft over 10 months. I love sandbox gameplay in general: build what you want, do what you want, it is your world to make. Minecraft revolutionized the genre and caused a host of games inspired by or copies of it due to its simple, yet addictive gameplay. I personally want to say I like building, but I always end up killing all enemies within 1000 blocks of my house. My only problem with Minecraft is that its combat system is too simple. While simplicity is one of the major positives of the game, I found combat lacking. Make a sword and that's it; easy enemies to fight. This is why I prefer Terraria, another great sandbox game people have mistaken;y called 2-d Minecraft. This one problem aside, Minecraft has to be one of my favorite games of all time, providing endless hours of gameplay (quite literally), nostalgic graphic style and the ability to craft your own world. Minecraft has taken the world by surprise, selling millions of copies with absolutely no real advertising. If you are on the fence on whether to buy this game, buy it. It is worth every penny. Expand
  18. Dec 6, 2011
    **** Awesome game and a success for Indie game developers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    Minecraft is what you make of it. If you enjoy building, exploring and trying creative/interesting things out, then you will fully enjoy this game. Simplistic game play. But it's one of those easy to learn, difficult to master type of games.
  20. Dec 10, 2011
    This game has provided me with hours of fun with my friends and by my self. Its normal game play is fun, and with the use of red stone, one can achieve awesome computers and calculator.
  21. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is the best game for computer it is awesome !!!!!! I play it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is totallty worth playing!!!!!!
  22. Feb 29, 2012
    Late December 2010 was the first time I played this odd-looking indie-game called Minecraft. I started with an outdated version and even that had me impressed and hooked. A couple of weeks later I got my hands on the beta and a whole new adventure started.

Minecraft delivers a nearly endless world for you to mess around in. It throws some hostile spiders, skeletons, zombies and some
    explosive creatures called creepers at you at the same time. You have to survive and keep yourself out of danger, but at the same time you can dig deeper into the world and discover rare minerals and dangerous dungeons, all can be used to upgrade your amor, or obtain some rare blocks for that epic wizard's tower you're building.

The gameplay is basic; You can walk, sneak, punch, run and jump. To be honest, you don't need much more. It gives you the opportunities you need, and that's what this game is all about.

I've seen quite an amount of people complain about its graphics. Now, I really do like these fancy, shiny Fps-graphics as much as anyone, but even though they may seem sloppy and effortless, it works well with the rest of the game. There's even an opportunity to change all of your textures, even though you shouldn't have to mod your game to enjoy it.

The multiplayer; the heart and core of Minecraft. Even if you only decide to play some basic survival with a mate, or join a hardcore pvp-server, the multiplayer will be what really blows you away. You have ENDLESS possibilities, and that is exactly what makes this game what it is. It's what you and your multiplayer friends make it; amazing.
  23. Feb 12, 2012
    *Virtual Lego's with bad graphics. That's all it is and it sells for over $25. It does nothing new, creative or original. I don't understand fads, never have and probably never will. What I do understand is people waste millions on them and later wonder what they were thinking. This is Minecraft.*

*This game is just terrible, its boring and it has the graphics of a calculator. I played
    games in the 80's that had better graphics than this. This is only a game for people who are sheep. Stay away from this Horrible, terrible game.*

Dear young gamers.
    Game's isnt about Graphics, they are for FUN.
    And why do you hate simply game where you can create massive building or something cool just because (nearly)everything looks blocks?
    Well, i gotta say this game gets boring after playing about 20hours and save(s) suddenly vanishes.
    This happened me 3 times, but i'll never gonna give up building!
  24. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is vastly entertaining with nearly endless possible activities and modding ability. Setting up a modded server with friends will no doubt be endlessly fun if you make full use of the mods. This is a HUGE step in the right direction for games. To hell with graphics, give me content!
  25. Oct 17, 2012
    17OCT2012 - At first I thought to myself "Why am I playing this crappy looking game?" Then about nine hours later I was addicted and asked myself "Why am I still playing this crappy looking game?" If your criteria for judging a video game is based on graphics then this game would receive a low score. However for fun and re-playability this game receives a perfect score. The world in Minecraft is massive. So massive that if you started running in one direction 24/7, you would reach the end of the world in a little over three months real time. With each patch the game gets better. Multiplayer is where the real fun is at. Cooperative gameplay or player vs player makes for a great LAN party game. Highly recommended. Expand
  26. Feb 11, 2012
    Ok, are the people writing these reviews **** drunk. I have been playing since the first version of beta and can tell you that this is my favorite game of all time, it is the ultimate sandbox game. The idea of having a game where you can completely make whatever you want has been around for decades but was never properly achieved until Notches beautiful Minecraft. The random world makes players amazed at what they can find, the creepers add suspense and insure that the player is never safe, the many materials used to build an ultimate palace, all of this adds up to create the ultimate gaming experience known to man kind. All of these **** giving it bad reviews have no idea what they are talking about. Buy the game and you won't be sorry. It offers hours of fun in return and rarely has any bugs, when it does they are patched in the next update. This game will always have you on your toes, you never know what to expect from the glorious Minecraft. Expand
  27. Feb 13, 2012
    I am addicted to this game. This is by far the greatest game ever created in my opinion. It has so much you can do: explore caves. Fight endless hordes of undead creatures, giant spiders, and strange fiends that spawned in the imaginations of the creators. Explore down to the very bedrock of the world. Mine essential coal, valuable iron, amazing redstone, majestic lapis lazuli, brilliant gold, heavy-duty diamonds, and of course the second-hardest material in the game, obsidian. Create impenetrable fortresses on the highest mountain, underwater, in a cliff face, or underground. Build complicated traps, locks, doorbells, gates, and more with redstone. Brew potions that can change the tide of battle. Enchant weapons, tools, and armor to give it a shiny bling and extra abilities. All this, and even more in multiplayer. Make a shop, start a city, dominate your enemies, found an alliance, rise to become a moderator, or even an admin, and more. And to think that the game started off with just one person.
    And the full version isn't the end. They still update it. They continue to add new wonders and horrors to the game. New mob AI's, including zombie "super-soldiers". Jungles. Ocelots. Spawner eggs. All of these things have been added or will be added to the game in the future, as well as many other updates. This is truly an amazing game and is a world of never-ending fun.
  28. Feb 18, 2012
    Fantastic game. I have spent easily over 100 hours making huge castles and citys. In this game your only limited by your imagination! The mod support is fantastic you can get some of the coolest mods in any game. Only bad things is lately there hasn't been many new features, mods should be easier to install and turn on and off. Everyone giving this game 0 because of the graphics are stupid it was made by 1 person with very little money not Bethesda with 100's of millions of dollars Expand
  29. May 7, 2012
    The game is unfinished, however, I can't help but love this game. The simple yet fun premise, the large open area given to you, and the fact that there is almost no limit to the things you can create. And as much of a sheep as I may sound, I like a game that updates itself like this, it almost never gets old for me and there is always something new. I like this game, it's really fun, I highly recommend it. Expand
  30. Apr 29, 2013
    Minecraft is a block-based sandbox game where you can either gather resources, explore randomly-generated terrains and structures, and fight dangerous monsters in survival, or build something amazing in creative. You can also play and view other users creations with adventure mode. Minecraft has limitless potential, with so many features in counting. You can also utilise a small section of features into something extraordinary. To see what has come with 3 years of development, I can't wait to see the future of Minecraft! The game can be a big glitch with certain features and graphical content, and for that reason, I score it a 9. Expand
  31. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is way way overrated. I tried to play it, and honestly I don't understand what's so great about this. Notch was very lucky on all the free marketing around it, but even with that, I still don't understand what people see in this.
    My 10 year old kid, he does like to wander around and build houses, but he's 10 year old...
  32. Apr 24, 2012
    I can't believe all the jerks writing reviews here. Notch and the rest of Mojang have said plenty of times that they have one of the best communities for a game ever, and you give Minecraft a 6.9 user score? That's just rude in my opinion. I understand the amount of bugs, but there are no game-breaking bugs, and it is probably the most ambitious game out there. I mean, Notch wanted to make a never-ending world made ENTIRELY OUT OF BLOCKS that you could break and place in any form or fashion. And he pulled it off! There is obviously no game in the world that you can literally do ANYTHING, but with just the stuff you start out with (not counting mods), you can do so much and build anything. Even contraptions! Now, to all the people that say that the graphics are bad, first of all its an indie game and its supposed to look like that. If you don't like it, get a texture pack! Its as easy as that! Also, to the people who say some things (like the NPCs) don't have much of a use, do you really think they are going to just leave them like that? If anything, you yelling at them probably makes them want to fix things LESS. Minecraft is my favorite game, and no matter how much it changes, they so far have only added and fixed more and more things, so, it just gets better. Expand
  33. Apr 29, 2012
    The creativity is endless and the more you create, the more fun you will have. It's hard to really say that there is anything wrong with minecraft, because the game itself is essentially as good as you make it. You create your own experience in the game. It's loaded with content that is updated constantly and every bug that has ever been complained about has been fixed. Mods are endless and there's always something new to do. It's not the greatest game ever made, but it's up there and is possibly the greatest indie game ever made.

It by no means needs good graphics to excel. That's not what minecraft is about. And besides, if you have the computer power, you can always update your graphics with several various texture packs that can be found around the internet. Like I said, you create your own experience, so it's hard to really point something out that's not good. If the experience is bad, it is usually at the fault of the player, not the game.
  34. May 9, 2012
    Ok, I'll be perfectly honest, Minecraft is not perfect. It is a selective audience, Some people dislike minecraft for various reasons, i.e. They may of not have seen the full experience like multi-player (The best thing in minecraft also), different gamemodes, Or may of not of realized that this game was going to add better mod support or just don't like the gameplay.
    To me, it is an
    addictive game with survival elements, alongside creative and building elements. I'm sure alot of people would agree, but alot more wouldn't. Its a great game though, so give it a chance. Expand
  35. Jun 27, 2012
    Minecraft is, put simply, one of the greatest gaming experiences of its generation. For gaming enthusiasts everywhere, this is a must to have in your collection. You may be a Call of Duty guy, running FPS games all day, or you may be a Starcraft 2 kind of strategy guy. Or maybe an MMORPG WoW type of person, organising raids with fellow nerds - but Minecraft is the kind of game which brings lovers of all genres together in one experience. In fact, that's the best way to describe it. It's more of an experience than a game, and an experience which is different to each unique user.

As an aside, the User Score for this game genuinely brings shame on the Metacritic system and undermines the point of a user based aggregate score. Trolls, go back under your respective rocks.

9/10 - A gaming experience not to be missed.
  36. Jun 21, 2012
    I liked this game, everything about your creativity. You can creat everything, and play custom maps which prepared from anyone. There are so many maps created by professionals and I really enjoy to see different things in game. This game is completely different. I'm playing this game since its beta release and I think I'm so lucky. Price is really good for an endless adventure.
  37. Jul 1, 2012
    Minecraft? I call it Minecrack. I started playing in Beta 1.3, and was somewhat deterred by the 8-bit graphics, but after a while of playing and exploring, Minecraft turned out to be the thrill-ride of all games! Do what you want, when you want, how you want. Want to conquer dungeons? No problem! Want to build a castle? Be my guest! Want to open Hell's Kitchen, literally? Have a great dinner! The possibilities are endless with Minecraft! What's that? The possibilities have ended, you say? NO PROBLEM! Minecraft has a huge modding community, so why not turn Minecraft into an RPG? What about multiplayer, you ask? With a host of custom server software and a (mostly) friendly community, the sky is the limit! Or you know, you could build over the sky...WELCOME TO MINECRAFT! Believe me, however, Minecraft does has its flaws, mostly around the areas of lag, but other than that, there's nothing else to say! And for $26.00, this is a steal! Buy it now! Expand
  38. Mar 14, 2013
    1. This game is awesome.
    2. Bad graphics? Use a texture pack.
    3. Repetitive gameplay? Get a mod.
    4. The great thing about Minecraft- it can be bended and warped to your will.
    5. This game is awesome.
  39. Jul 19, 2012
    There is not a easy way to describe this - which is much more than a game. Is a game build inside a community based on the internet and exchange of experiences about the game. It's truly approachable to the people who plays it, because it accounts their expectations. It's a sandbox, but is also a resources m anaging game,although it uses doesn't stop there. It's an indie game, and the fact that it doesn't have an tutorial - as some critic once pointed - make sense in a way that's all shared in the internet. It's a game to share with people the achievements, the way of play and, also, is a long experience if you dare to try get inside the multiplayer community and multiplayer servers on-line. With friends and anonymous minecrafters, there's always a new terrain to explore. Expand
  40. Jul 21, 2012
    this game is soooo good. it involves creativity and requires memory. the difficulty is changeable and has good ideas. the crafting table is awesome. defiantly worth your time. NOTE: THIS GAME IS EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE. 10 points XD
  41. Aug 3, 2012
    This game is amazing. I love how you just fall into an unknown world. And the best help is the surrounding community's help; It brings the community closer together. I love the feeling of creating your first house, the pride and feeling of accomplishment! The enemy AI is really cool, especially the creepers. Notch is a really cool guy, and the story of his time making this wonderful game is truly amazing. The graphics are so simple yet so astounding! I love this game and I can never get sick of it! Although the bugs are pretty annoying, I cannot think of anything else that makes me doubt this game! It's amazing! Expand
  42. Aug 8, 2012
    Minecraft is the best game i´ve ever played i think it is one of the best RPG games that where ever invented once you have mastered the real game you can get mods Best game i´ve ever played
  43. Aug 9, 2012
    If you like creative gaming then you will love this game. Even if you don't there are still plenty of mods to play around with and things like hunger games servers if you don't want to build. This games is half the cost of a normal full retail game and it will last you forever, since its getting updates and an endless stream of mods, custom map, and texture packs. I've had it for 1.5 years and still play it a lot and it hasn't gotten tiring yet, simply because the is litterally infinite possiblities for mods and over a trillion different worlds that you can spawn in. You can't go wrong with this game. The only bad thing is that it is buggy but these will be fixed. Another good thing is that almost any computer can run it. And if your computer runs it slowly then the optifine mod can make it run faster. This is a game that everyone should have. Expand
  44. Aug 17, 2012
    This is my favorite game of all time. If you ever enjoyed playing with legos, this game is the only one to adequately capture that feeling. Combine that with regular free updates and a huge modding community and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should rate this game poorly. The terrain generator alone can keep you busy exploring your unique world for hours. Multiplayer is even more fun, because you can build things cooperatively and show them off. As I read some of these negative reviews, I can't help but feel like these people are used to much more linear games and expect minecraft to demand their attention until a set end point like most games do. It does not. Minecraft is less of a "game" to beat and more of a toy, one that you'll keep coming back to again and again if you have any spark of creative spirit. Expand
  45. Aug 29, 2012
    This game shows what can happen when creativity and popularity happen. It has all the makings of a good simulator, with the developer support every good game needs. With beta tests you can download weekly that shows off new items and mobs, you can see Mojang has no plans on slowing down.

The basis of the game is simple. Create. With three difficulty level, a Hardcore mode, and a
    creative building mode, it is easy to jump in and play however you want, and with new console commands, be able between modes easily.

There is a little story to minecraft, albeit hard to find. A single boss awaits at the endgame level, but getting to him is hard and only found by those who search for him. New patches add more reasons to go and find him, and more bosses are planned, but with no tutorial, a new player is easily lost.

However, the best thing about minecraft is not the game, but the content. It may have been released a while back, but the new content continues to fly out Mojangs door. Many complain of the bugs in the game, but that is to be expected with new content. There never seems to be an end to the content, although the wait time between patches is long.

In the end, Minecraft will get you addicted for a week, until you finish that huge project. Then a new patch will come out, and you'll be playing again.
  46. Sep 30, 2012
    If I could award a score of 11 I would. Minecraft is in a league of its own and that's because its designer is in a league of his own. Its pure class, coming from a background of games development I can see this for what it truly is and its a masterpiece of fantastic design from start to finish. Its not finished. Perhaps it will never be finished. Try modding skyrim to emulate minecraft, its not possible as from the beginning Notch had a vision that entailed a world that had depth but also included an amazingly random world. Its open and its above what every developer puts out today, buy it love it or your a slave to the corporations. SUPPORT FOR INDIE DEVS.! Expand
  47. Sep 7, 2012
    Minecraft deserves a 10 out of 10 because its essentially the first of its kind. No other game I have ever played is even remotely similar to Minecraft. The old style of graphics, huge worlds, infinite possibilities of creation, unique enemies that attack at night, farming, mining, swimming, exploring, setting up defenses, etc. This game is a big bundle of random fun. It's also an excellent babysitter. Seriously set a kid up in a Minecraft world they wont leave the computer. All jokes aside theres no other game that really intrudes on Minecraft's genre. If I were to define "Sandbox" I would say "Minecraft". On top of being fun in Vanilla this game is veryyyy easily modded. Technic pack is one of my favorites because I don't actually have to mess with Minecraft's files. It creates it's own directory. Although Technic does add a whole new meaning to the word "lost". Overall I've had a lot of fun with my blocky creations and because of an internet cap I can't play multiplayer. (I'm so jealous of unlimited internet... We can only get Verizon's 4g mifi where we live..) Anyways that's my review happy crafting :D! Expand
  48. Sep 28, 2012
    Minecraft is one of my favourite games, but recently it started getting old. If you get bored, play tekkit or if you have friends who play miecraft too, make a modded server. It´s much more fun with mods.
  49. Sep 29, 2012
    There is a very special feeling you get when first playing Minecraft. The simple sense of adventure and discovery is strong at your first stages. After knowing everything, you get interested in finding ores and resources, diamond especially. Then after having a nice amount of resources, you finally decide to use your imagination at it's near peak and build something creative, amazing and colossal. If you stop playing Minecraft after this stage then your imagination has nothing to give to this massive world of blocks, filled with possibilities. (Plus there are mods to add to the experience). Expand
  50. Feb 12, 2013
    The best way to describe Minecraft is a piece of paper. You may look at it and say there's nothing to do here but you can also say there's everything to do here. There are little if any limits of what Minecraft can achieve. A sandbox experience like no other.
  51. Nov 5, 2012
    The game is quite good. Vanilla gets boring in about a month. But all the mods, maps, texture packs etc etc is what makes the game have a huge re-playability. But vanilla could get boring fastly, so try some mods and maps. Could be really fun. Oh and multiplayer with a few friends always makes more fun.
  52. Nov 27, 2012
    It's really hard to review a game like Minecraft because Minecraft is a game of what you make of it. The only limits in this game are the limits of your own imagination. Graphically, in Vanillia, it's hard to rate. The simple blocky graphics are charming and endearing to some (myself included) whereas super ugly to others. But if you find the vanillia graphics ugly, download and install one of the plethora of user made texture packs. I guess it is easy to criticize the simple combat mechanices, but again, this game is what you make of it. Most Minecraft hardcores don't play the game to have a fight, we play the game to build and socialize (if playing on a server). Any review is going to be 100% biased based on the users personal experience with the game. What I'm trying to get across is don't listen to any of these reviews. If you're interested, buy the game and play it for yourself, and create your own experience. This game is a breath of fresh air in today's gaming industry, and I can wholeheartedly recommend that you at least give it a try. Expand
  53. Jan 12, 2013
    Minecraft is a revolutionary game, sure it dosent have the best graphics and some of it feels unpolished but that dosent hurt the whole package there are thousands of mods and texturepacks theyre super eazy to install, the game is updated frequently in wich updates add new mobs items dungeons fixes or things to do i dont care what anyone says Notch hasent gone money hungry when he got married if you bought minecraft you got another 1 for a freind Expand
  54. Dec 10, 2012
    This game expands the creativity of the gamer to a whole new, breathtaking level. It has great music, controls, and a simple design. You can build anything you want and it makes you feel all the better because you made it, you earned it, you work for it.
  55. Mar 26, 2013
    It's a wonderful sight to see another indie game shoot up to the top of the gaming industry, and Minecraft is no exception. This is a definite buy for any gamer, as it provides something unique to the open-world RPG/ adventure genre. The sky is the limit!

Off the mark, most people will know Minecraft for its unique graphical style. Blocks make up every object in this game, and the
    simple, yet brilliant art-style ties straight into the core gameplay. Running Minecraft is easy- the requirements are extremely low, and with a good gaming PC, I've run this game at well over two-hundred frames per second (that's fast). However: Minecraft is not brilliantly optimised due to its low budget, so expect some very major slowdown when you crank up the settings. 9/10

In the way of story- there is no definite experience. Your story will be personal to you alone, and nobody's adventures will be quite the same, although there isn't a way of tracking what you've done so far by means of recording gameplay, a feature which many people would enjoy. 9/10

The game has a very distinct sound design, which delivers around five or six memorable tracks that play at random intervals. An introduction of some new pieces would be nice to hear, though, as the repeating soundtrack can begin to go stale after a while. Sound effects are also good, but their repetitiveness sours the aural experience a fair amount. 7.5/10

But where Minecraft excels the most is in gameplay. When a player first starts their Survival Mode world, they'll have to chop down trees, craft a crafting table and quickly get to work crafting objects and tools to keep them alive, and safe from the evil enemy "mobs" such as exploding Creepers or bow-wielding Skeletons that attack at night. From here on in, the player is left to do basically anything they want, mining underground for better resources with crafted tools, farming plants and animals to eat and pet, and creating almost anything imaginable with blocks. Minecraft is a completely open world, there for players to explore and adore. 10/10

And if the stellar singleplayer wasn't enough, a multiplayer mode is also available too! This holds the most issues in the game, but will last you even more time. All the servers in Minecraft are private, meaning that you'll have to look up which games are free, type in the IP address of the server, and only then be able to play games. The process is frustrating, and so is making a server (which is free, but needs downloads and looking up to be able to make one), but it pays off when you finally get a game. There are varying player versus player and co-op gametypes that will keep you and your friends entertained together, and all can be found on the Internet. The addition of voice chat would be welcomed, and it isn't yet in the game as of the time this review was written, but a chat bar is sufficient enough. Overall, though, Minecraft is a stand-out multiplayer game. 8.5/10

Altogether, Minecraft is a brilliant must-buy for gamers of any age, and really brings something new to the table. Updates are common, and they give definite improvements every time, the art style is great, the gameplay is unique and the game can literally be played forever. Minecraft easily earns a 9/10.
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game. If you don't like this game, you're probably extremely impatient. Even if you get bored of the game, there are countless mods to spice it up. A work of art and a must-have for any gamer.
  57. Dec 22, 2012
    Proud to be playing since Alpha builds! A true inspiration to any indie developers. This has truly embraced open sandbox, you can literally do whatever you want, I've spent days on this just building with the blocks they give you, using survival techniques to build your house, or using the brilliant redstone mechanics to create new contraptions, worth your money, I'd buy it again if only to support Mojang. Only a lost point on unnecessary recent updates, and leaving the game un-optimized in Java (They didn't lose a point for that as it would be an unfair judgement). Expand
  58. Jan 2, 2013
    The positives: You need a LOT of split second timing to successfully play this. It's a bit like having two seconds being with a cobra in a cage before he bites you. It also frustrates you, which I let out into anger, like what most people should do. Don't hold things in for too long, or it will have a significant impact n how you review this awesome, block-building voxel masterpiece of a video game. Mixed: *blank* The negatives:
    The developers of Minecraft, Mojang AB/Studios release a new update every
  59. Jan 4, 2013
    10/10 Cannot be a game based off of creativity. This game has great concepts and great gameplay. Multiplayer becomes endless. Building can go on for centuries. You never truely run out of things to do. You may run out of creative things to create in the time you play. But all and all i think this game deserves what it has. Its a very nice game.
  60. Jan 12, 2013
    Minecraft is a fun indie sandbox game that started out as a no-physic limited map generation game and video quality and throughout it's history this game has become increasingly better. Fun for all ages, this game is both a realistic and creativity-challenging game with good fictional content and also good graphics. I enjoy this game and have finished it too.
  61. Feb 14, 2013
    best game ever.It was able to become my favorite game and ive never even actually played it that makes that kind of feat impressive its not only fun to play but also to watch
  62. Feb 24, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best game i have ever played. It's fun to create EVERYTHING beyond your imagination. If other game was developed by hundreds of people, this one, has been developed by a single person, Notch. His game is completely awesome. There are some bugs/glitches, though, but it will be fixed soon. It's really worth buying it.
  63. Feb 16, 2013
    This game has made one of the biggest impacts on the gaming world as we know it. its a simple game full of family fun and boxes it doesn't really have much of a story line but i haven't herd any complaints about that. This game is truly consuming... just one more block just one more block!
  64. Mar 8, 2013
    I've always like free-form "games", and minecraft is exactly that.

It is deceptively simple in its complexity. Or perhaps its simplicity is truly complex.
  65. Jun 7, 2013
    Almost perfect game, gives you the option of fully what you want, from amazing buildings to calculators, through games, but it has a very grave problem, the huge amount of bugs it has.
  66. May 24, 2013
    Quackit MineCraft Review 5-25-2013 Introduction: This is my very first structured review where my review will not be in paragraph form, so this may be slightly lacking in quality of writing, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this review. Gameplay: Gameplay is the essence of MineCraft, without MineCraft’s signature gameplay, it would be nothing. MineCraft’s gameplay is original and interesting in almost every way. The point of MineCraft is to survive in an infinite world that is peaceful and serene by day, and hostile and evil by night. A player starts by beating down trees with their bare hands in order to start their way towards building their first shelter to survive their first Zombie, Skeleton, and Creeper filled night. From this point on there is almost no structure to MineCraft, you can do what YOU want, set YOUR own goals, do you want to upgrade your tools to the next tier, add that nice new expansion to your house that you wanted, or start brewing potions to take on one of the game’s two bosses. But once you have built the ultimate house, filled your inventory with diamond tools and armor, defeated every boss and pillaged every dungeon, the game is not over. Once you feel as though the standard MineCraft formula is getting a little slow, you can go online to get mods that continue to change and revolutionize the game. From simple additions that add more enemies to the game, or a mod that changes the game almost completely. MineCraft’s gameplay is truly never ending so long as it’s community continues to support it.

Music/Sounds:
    MineCraft’s music and sound are so in line, so perfectly fitting to the situation that they appear in, C418 has set the mood to MineCraft perfectly. With Subwoofer Lullaby playing in the background as you peruse the landscapes, or hearing Dry Hands as you carefully lurk throughout a cave, the song capitalizing on your fear that something might be following you. The soundtrack truly makes itself at home in this game, and I couldn’t imagine any music fitting better.

Graphics:
    These don’t really matter, but they are something to talk about. The graphics in this game are not meant to look modern or beautiful. Whether it was for style or for the ease of making a building system, the fact that everything is made of cubes or rectangular prisms really gives the game feeling. You wouldn’t think so, but sometimes you can see some pretty beautiful vistas as you explore throughout this game. The retro feeling low resolution textures really give the game a retro type feeling, while the game still uses modern day gaming conventions.

Technological:
    Technologically, MineCraft is not too advanced, but it is nothing to be trifled. MineCraft is well optimized so it can be run on non high-end computers to keep the audience wider. Although MineCraft is nothing special from a technological standpoint, it still makes up for this in the same way retro games did, by having great music and gameplay.

Verdict:

MineCraft is a very good game, placing as the sixth most sold PC game of all time, with good reason. The way it has the retro feeling graphics, the modern day gaming conventions, the pure creativity that allows for seemingly anything to be created, the modern soundtrack that fits in with the game like two parts of a jigsaw puzzle, and the fact that the game’s fanbase has been able to watch the game blossom and grow since the alpha. MineCraft truly is a one of a kind game, except for the 4 or 6 games that seem all too inspired by it.

Overall, 9/10
  67. May 25, 2013
    Minecraft has a very large community, and the creation limits are very vast and presents a good outlet for creativity. With heavy fantasy elements and, despite the blocky nature, an extremely immersive game that does stand out in the crowd. Music is light and chip-tune, but once you've been listening to the same music for hours it starts to not only put you to sleep, but gets annoying. Music discs offer good alternatives and all of the songs appealed to me. But you can mute the music, problem solved. Combat, although just a small part of the game, is just click the right mouse button until the thing dies. However combat isn't a focus, whereas exploration, creation, and imagination are rewarded and focused on. Solo, Minecraft gets stale after a considerably long while, but with friends your enjoyment extends nearly limitless. Expand
  68. Jun 8, 2013
    Probably one of the best sandbox games, ever. When you first start out, it's just a simple building game. In your survival world you build incredibly boring houses and finding a diamond makes you feel accomplished. But once you find out about the community of this game you realize what it truly has to offer. From adventure maps to bukkit servers, you can pretty much do anything in this game. The customization is incredible. This game pretty much offers INFINITE gameplay, and every time is unique. Frequent updates make it easier to make maps for, consequently making maps better. You can attempt to create an incredibly sophisticate redstone computer, or just download someone else's. The possibilities are endless. Mojang may not be able to create another gem like this, but they already have. Expand
  69. Jun 11, 2013
    Minecraft is a great sandbox game. The game can stay on your favorites list for much more time then other popular games with all of the possibilities it offers. I have to give this game a nine however due to my belief that the game is being adapted to the younger audience and is being made easier to adapt to that age range. I still love the game and I understand that it is more popular with younger consumers, but as an older gamer, this hurts the quality of the game for me. Even so, I recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  70. Jun 15, 2013
    Next to DTR, Minecraft is simply the greatest game of it's time. Forget COD or any of those childish shootups, THIS is a real game. With the best community i've seen in a long time, amazing gameplay, endless possibilites and the funky graphics, this game really is revolutionary.
  71. Aug 13, 2013
    Minecraft is a really good game, not only is it the ultimate lego set and a great survival game, but there are so many mini games and mods. you can play cops and robbers, super craft bros, and the hunger games. also there is adventure maps like epic jump map and so many more maps.
  72. Jan 3, 2014
    Ahhh, Minecraft... you know... all those gamemodes, all those epic constructions, the amazing comunity out there. All that stuff is really awesome. And you can just play with one or two friends on a server made by YOU. Minecraft is an amazing game for 10 years old guys or even for 30 years old men (and woman). It's obviously worth the 19,90$. The only reason I give 9 as score for this game is because of the development. The game has lots of bugs that the developers know about (their all around minecraft forums). And they just update the game when the discovered bugs reach a critical state. Expand
  73. Jul 20, 2013
    The game was so fun and exciting due to it's endless adventure and creativity. The Survival Mode-was one of the most players play in minecraft because of the goals to achieve and learn some survival skills. The Creative mode-you can build what ever you like and share your creativity to the rest of the world. The Adventure mode-typically the adventure you will need a map to start the adventure.

The developers provide texture packs so users can customize the texture of the land of minecraft .You can also play online in this game with your friends and the players around the world with the amazing servers.The servers have their own commands and codes for their mini games and other stuffs that you didn't seen on single player.The game also have wild enemies that spawned at night and kill you and destroy your house.The game is almost complete it's update.
  74. Aug 13, 2013
    There is no story line to fallow. the only thing you do is create or survive. And they bought are prety. The reason I didn't gave this game 10/10 is that the game may not be enjoyable for a graphic fan. The game couldn't have more interactive. The only thing is the pirate version has almost everything the origina has 25 euros for changing your skin for multiplayer and premium only servers. How ever I suggest you to buy the origina version to support the developers. Expand
  75. Jul 31, 2013
    Minecraft is not a game for everyone and all the hasty negative user reviews reflect that. To play this game you need to be a creative person or you will quickly become bored as it feels like there is nothing to do. If you are a creative person who does not follow the directions that came with Lego sets, you will spend countless hours perfecting your builds. The successful Minecraft players are the ones that can think for themselves, which is in short supply these days. Even if you are not a very creative person you might find the social aspect of servers, which open up the possibility to explore and help other people with their builds rewarding. The default graphics are nothing special, but the game does have built-in option to change textures. Expand
  76. Oct 15, 2013
    First of all, I think people who game this game a bad review on how Mojang is being lazy. They do their job. They release mini releases call SnapShots to give players an insight on the new update, these are released EVERY WEEK!!! Also, the graphics are not the best, This game was not intended to have the best graphics, Alot of bugs have been fixed. In 1.7 they are adding alot of new graphic modifing tools, If you dont like how it looks, Get a resource pack or make one. Expand
  77. Sep 2, 2013
    Best game I've played in a long time. You really cant get more sandbox than this and its addictiveness is rivaled only by FTL. Anyone who though a game needs a story to be good just got proven wrong. Great soundtrack smooth graphics, great A.I and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. Buy this game.
  78. Sep 7, 2013
    A fantastic idea. The game is well put together. There are lots of things to do, whether you're playing survival mode or creative mode. For me, the best thing about Minecraft is creating my own community, my house and farms. Definitely worth a 9/10.
  79. Sep 17, 2013
    Minecraft is simply amazing, create anything you want from blocks, or fight zombies, or gather resources, whatever you want to do you can!

I didn't want to buy this game, I got talked into it and I must say its some of the best money I have spent in gaming recently.

Updates are frequent, but what really makes this game amazing is the modding community.
  80. Sep 19, 2013
    Minecraft it's a great game. There are lots of stuff to do: Mining, fighting, going other dimensions... In my opinion it's one of the best games I ever played.
  81. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing, with new updates every few months, that get rid of some old bugs. People complain about graphics, but there's more to enjoy, because you can do almost, or a lot of things that you normally wouldn't be able to do in any game you'd find.
  82. Nov 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Minecraft is everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory. minecraft has 3 awesome versions: pocket edition,xbox edition and the best of all,minecraft pc. Expand
  83. Dec 22, 2013
    Highly original, massive fun with high replayability and an amazing modding community. Whilst the game may lack visuals, a storyline and contains numerous bugs, it is still massively addictive and fun. The fact that it makes up for these shortcomings (that would be big negatives in any other game) proves that the degree of enjoyment is truly extraordinary.
  84. Dec 29, 2013
    I love Minecraft, I love it for how open it is and how much you can actually do. I'm more of a fan of the creative and the building side of things. This game is great for that! With free upcoming updates every few months increasing the features, items and blocks. People who tend not to like minecraft usually do not play for long enough. You have to build to a certain level until you cannot stop and admire your creation. Minecraft also carry's what other of its followers do not. The ability to create various contraptions using a redstone system (A wiring type of system) alongside rails and other tools to help you implement uses into things you make. I already give this a 10 just for that. That isn't all, it includes survival and multiplayer in which is huge with it's own game modes, RPGs and survivals. I'm sure I haven't covered everything but from my experience it is one of my favorite games. Expand
  85. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is very fun to play and can become additive spending hours and hours playing it and it never gets boring, get a friend and start building your own world of blocks
  86. Jan 3, 2014
    This is an entertaining, very casual game. There are few limits on what you can do with this game and an Internet connection. Even without the on-line parts of the game, the game can keep you occupied for a long time. The controls are easy to learn, and the game is easy to understand. You are only limited by your imagination.
  87. Jan 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, period. It is true that plain vanilla may get boring after a while, but this is where the amazing community, mods, and servers come in! There is truly infinite possibility in this game, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone willing to give it a go.
  88. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game its multi player is endless and the creations never stop it just keeps going I see so much more of this game in the Future and the mods just make so sophisticated and in single player you can experiment and find new strategy's to do some specific thing and conquer the game in a year its awesome and I love it Expand
  89. Mar 11, 2014
    Minecraft is truly a revolutionary game, its simple, yet you can do anything in it, people have taken it so far. The way they add new things all the time, for free of charge. Is so generous of the Swedish company. Its a very creative game. Anyone who would play Minecraft would know that its a game of a 1000 games. Anyone can play it young or old. There are plenty of servers. Many blocks and mods to keep you building. Also Minecraft has survival to survive the night and defeat the wither and the EnderDragon. It has to be the indie game that changed the gaming industry for a long time. The mechanics arent much, but its easy to learn. If you don't like the small blocky graphics there are resource packs that change the sounds and textures. It can go from around 3x3 per block/item, to 5012x5012! Its a great game to keep your kids away from shooting and violent games. Its very cheap and you dont need much to play the game. It runs on Mac, Windows, Linux. You need at least 2gbs of RAM and around a few MegaBytes of space. I highly recomend the game, its fun to bring friends and family closer. :) Expand
  90. Mar 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a flawless game, though I do have a few suggestions for future updates.

1: Like most people on the MC forum, WE WANT FLOATING ISLANDS!
    2:In a past update, "The Biome Update" many new "biomes" are added to the massive sandbox. Some examples are, Savanah, Canyon and a Roofed Forest. I believe, there should be certain "mobs" (Creatures existing in the world) for each biome.
    Some examples are, Lions, Elephants,Heiynas etc. for the Savanah. I also have some suggestions for the Jungle biome, some being, Jaguars,Tigers,Monkeys,Snakes etc. Thank you for reading!

Herbertlives
  91. Mar 15, 2014
    Was my favorite game for a long time when I was younger. I played 500+ hours.
    Its so much better with mod pack. if you have played it a fair bit get a mod pack. The best ones are from Technic or FTB.
  92. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  93. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  94. Apr 29, 2014
    Had this game since Alpha, and it truly is a masterpiece. I've sunk many hours into this game, as each time you play it, it's a different experience. The amount of things you can create and explore are uncountable. A true work of art. Simple yet efficient.
  95. May 17, 2012
    After playing this game for two years now, there is still so much to be done. If ever you had a moment in your childhood (or adult life) when all you wanted to do was build some cool stuff with Lego - now you can do it forever on your laptop/PC, phone, or xbox360. This game presents endless hours of fun, and possibilities - and is easy and open enough for even the youngest of players - with no blood/graphic scenes to worry about. Truly a AAA game by an awesome team. For the price you pay - the value is out of the park (I'd put it above the Orange Box when they first came out). Expand
  96. Jan 9, 2013
    I love this game, however it has a lot of potential to become much better. At first it's a lot of fun just digging and building houses, but that gets quite boring after a while. Luckily there are a lot of talented adventure map makers out there to bring minecraft to another level, not to mention the mod makers, which makes this game incredibly versatile. It's basically up to yourself want you this game to be. Expand
  97. Jan 17, 2013
    I really don't understand all the hate in this review thread. The game is amazing. With mods, you can really make it look modern, and quite nice. Actually, with mods, you can do just about anything in this game. That is a huge part of what makes it so great. The unique design, addictive gameplay, and the endless amount of creative possibility also add to the greatness. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time, and the fact that it is indie is somewhat astronishing. There really is sooo much to do, and it's a fun, calming experience. I love survival mode, which I don't believe they had during the release. Multiplayer with friends is also a lot of fun. Highly recommend this game, Collapse
  98. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is great, if you don't have it, why not? It's legos for adults. Not only is it fun to build and create, they constantly add more content to the game. Minecraft has been a game that I constantly go back to and find myself engrossed in days and weeks of crafting and building.
  99. Mar 17, 2012
    Simply put a lot of fun. I never gave this game a try until a year after it was first announced. The idea never seemed to intrigue me. A friend than asked me to play with him. Next hing i know, i had no job and my social life had deteriorated. I built an entire city with a friend, with sky bridges and castles, and a mining underground reaching the lowest depths of the game. I built armor, i had a water elevator and everything. This is the ultimate co op game and if you have a party it is even better. Expand
  100. Apr 23, 2012
    I just don't know what to write. It's so obvious! One of the best games I played in the last 20 years. Game, where only your imaginations limits you and your imagination is your modus operandi...

P.S. And the graphics are just... beautiful and moody ;)
  101. Jan 17, 2013

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]