7.4

1. Jul 5, 2015
    I started playing Minecraft in 2009, while it was on Beta 1.8 state (I think so), the game was so fun to play with friends and blah blah blah, fun at all.
    The Final Version was a blast, bug-fixes, graphical updates, new items, and yeah.
    Then, the 1.4 version really screwed up the game, they tried to make Minecraft an RPG, then 1.6 with horses and yes...

From 10 to 7, nice job, Mojang.
  2. Jun 15, 2015
    Ah Minecraft. I loved this game early on for its capabilities for active multiplayer and the number of active servers that were available, engaging in many adventures with my friends. Now however, I don't even have the game downloaded due to the sheer lack of new stuff to do. Sure, mods solve this, but I really don't want to risk my computer's security to download stuff that would take theAh Minecraft. I loved this game early on for its capabilities for active multiplayer and the number of active servers that were available, engaging in many adventures with my friends. Now however, I don't even have the game downloaded due to the sheer lack of new stuff to do. Sure, mods solve this, but I really don't want to risk my computer's security to download stuff that would take the developers a few minutes to add. It is already out there, now just work with the developers of these mods and release an update with all sorts of bonus stuff. I would redownload the game if this were to happen.
    Secondly, this game also got boring, as the Single Player survival was extremely tedious after a while, the only fun coming in playing with TNT and Redstone. Also may I mention that this game is $27? You could almost get a used XBOX 360 with this money, but instead I spent my $27 dollars on a game I would end up deleting. This game held a lot of sentimental value to me, so I have very mixed feelings about it.
  3. Jun 2, 2015
    For the price this game is awesome and I like that they update the game rather than give you pointless DLC to get all the new stuff and the skins are free (unlike playstation and Xbox).... This game is great but this is where I get bored with the game...... How long can you actually play this game...... I am a person who likes to try new games and I could not play this for hours onFor the price this game is awesome and I like that they update the game rather than give you pointless DLC to get all the new stuff and the skins are free (unlike playstation and Xbox).... This game is great but this is where I get bored with the game...... How long can you actually play this game...... I am a person who likes to try new games and I could not play this for hours on end......It was fun for a little bit then It got boring.... Expand
  4. May 24, 2015
    Minecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generationMinecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generation of gamers than the last. Expand
  5. May 6, 2015
    + great sandbox game with unlimited creativity
    + simple and fun, lots of mods
    +great soundtrack, bought it on iTunes
    -most of the players play p2w minigame servers that destroy the point of the game (creativity! Not paying $70 for "UBER" armor)
    -trollz
    -playing in public attracts millions of 2-10 year olds
    -was more fun back in 1.9 beta when it was still not ultra popular.
  6. Apr 19, 2015
    Objectively the game has always been bad. But it was still lots fun! Nowadays however, the game has gotten a lot worse and ISN'T EVEN FUN. The hunger system makes Survival Mode a chore to play. Your character starves before you even find a place to build. Want to build? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to explore? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to go spelunking? Nope, gotta find foodObjectively the game has always been bad. But it was still lots fun! Nowadays however, the game has gotten a lot worse and ISN'T EVEN FUN. The hunger system makes Survival Mode a chore to play. Your character starves before you even find a place to build. Want to build? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to explore? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to go spelunking? Nope, gotta find food first.
    The world generation is terrible. Back in Alpha & Beta, each world had it's own twists that made them all unique and interesting. But now, all worlds are almost exactly the same. I'm not even exaggerating. Also the color schemes in some biomes are terrible. WHY IS THE GRASS BLUEISH IN THE MOUNTAIN BIOME?!
    The sound design has gotten cringe worthy. It used to be nice to listen to, and cheesy in a good way. But now the sounds are unfittingly realistic(?) or cheesy in a bad way. NO ONE ASKED FOR REALISTIC SOUND DESIGN FOR MINECRAAFT. IT IS COMPLETELY UNFITTING TO THE GAMES STYLE. As for the sounds that are cheesy in a bad way: Who's idea was it to make the villagers sound like depressed chickens that have a cold?
    The game goes in too many different directions. It has sandbox themes, it has cartoony themes, it has adventure themes, it has survival themes, it has mythical themes. None of these coincide with eachother. It feels like a bunch of community mods were thrown together in one big package. Actually a bunch of the stuff they've added are in fact rip-offs of community mods.
    I haven't even mentioned all the bugs yet. The Alpha & Beta versions of the game were more playable than the current version.
    The game isn't optimized. Like at all. Despite the fact that it looks like it's from 1990, despite the fact that there is nothing that should be remotely hardware intensive in the game, it still runs horribly. Even if you have a perfectly up to date PC, you will still experience random FPS drops.
  7. Apr 18, 2015
    It took me many attempts to actually somewhat enjoy this game in the end. It has a new type of gameplay (especially for the time when it was first released and before many of its clones came out). It's mostly about digging ores and then crafting items. Also some players (especially small kids) will be interested to build toy houses from blocks. Aside from the primitive survival andIt took me many attempts to actually somewhat enjoy this game in the end. It has a new type of gameplay (especially for the time when it was first released and before many of its clones came out). It's mostly about digging ores and then crafting items. Also some players (especially small kids) will be interested to build toy houses from blocks. Aside from the primitive survival and fighting mechanic, it's mostly just a Lego constructor. Terraria and Don't Starve are much better games because they add a purpose to the whole thing. Minecraft is very unfriendly to new players: for the recipes you have to go to online wikis, management of the inventory is tedious, and the graphics are ugly, especially those of the mobs. Still, even if it's a somewhat enjoyable game, it doesn't deserve the hype around it at all. Expand
  8. Feb 9, 2015
    In my honest opinion this game IS overrated , and i'm saying this after i had been playing it for the last year . When i started it was very fun , that's because you had absolutely no idea of what was going on , you didn't know how to craft things and what to look for when you start on a new world . At this point the game is a blast to play , many biomes waiting for you to discover them ,In my honest opinion this game IS overrated , and i'm saying this after i had been playing it for the last year . When i started it was very fun , that's because you had absolutely no idea of what was going on , you didn't know how to craft things and what to look for when you start on a new world . At this point the game is a blast to play , many biomes waiting for you to discover them , tons of mobs and generally you get the feeling of being defenceless while you have a constant urge to keep going and going until you discover something new . Until there really isn't anything you haven't discovered . Techically you can build anything you can imagine but after a while most people just don't get the same amount of satisfaction from it . To be fair this game is the king of this sandbox-type games genre but after a while you realise that it doesn't really offer you anything anymore . To this day , i still visit minecraft once in a while in hopes of falling in love with it again but i always end up leaving the game after 5 minutes . Nevertheless , Minecraft will have a soft spot on my heart as it was one of these games that i really enjoyed but in the day . Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2015
    *Graphics* No wonder so many Resource Packs have been created, being the graphics so bad. Whether such bad quality was for laziness or choice, the community had to supply what the developers didn't. Some people might like the retro atmosphere.
    *Sound* The soundtrack is just ambient music, which is seldom played, by the way. The noises monsters do are somewhat nice, and useful to recognize dangers. Sounds of crafting, mining etc. are appropriate
    *Game* Despite the continual updating and feedback, it's the community for the most part who creates what the game lacks. The absence of a tutorial of any kind forces to check the Wiki countless times; when not constantly checking the Wiki, I completely forgot that certain recipes even existed. The nice part is that one can modify the world as desired: (almost) every block is breakable, and reusable for whatever building you have in mind. Complex and bizarre mechanisms are possible thanks to the redstone components, and that's great.
    The success it had created a fervent community, but lazy developers. Overall, I would recommend the game if played on multiplayer and with the appropriate mods added.
  10. Dec 19, 2014
    By the end of 2012, I heard for the first time about Minecraft; People only had bad things to say about how blocky it is, as well as how it lacks graphical content. But what those people dont understand, is what the games they usually play are lacking which Minecraft has - Creativity and Fun.
    I'm a solo player, not by choice, but by extremely slow internet, and i tend to really enjoy a few hours of Minecraft every once in a while.
    Command blocks are something i havent touched yet, but i'm enjoying the creation of different factories and mechanisms with redstone.
    Exploration is also quite nice once you overcome the "i wont to break everything" phase.
    The main and only quest of the game, is to kill the Ender Dragon, which does not make any difference, if you do or dont.
    Minecraft is a great and fun game to play, but it's lacking a story line, quests, and role-playing.
    This is perhaps something that will be implemented in the near future, and it will bring in a much broader audience.
    Another huge issue i seem to have and cannot seem to get use to is the really, really bad animations that the mobs seem to have; They either walk straight, no bobbing, no attack animations, and make me wonder why im playing the game every time.
    Monster animations should be the main focus for a few months at Mojang, and Shaders are also another great concern. So based on visuals, animations and story-line, i wont be giving a great review for Minecraft. It's really good and has a massive community, but it needs a lot of work still, and fast.
  11. Dec 4, 2014
    Minecraft is a pretty good game. I purchased it around alpha-ish time.

It can be really fun, and building, while not particularly fun is satisfying. The main problem I have with it is that, after you've put maybe 10-15 hours, maybe 20, the game will get really stale unless you're really slow at the game or want to take it slowly. After that, the only thing you can really do to
    Minecraft is a pretty good game. I purchased it around alpha-ish time.

It can be really fun, and building, while not particularly fun is satisfying.

After that, the only thing you can really do to refresh it is either play with friends which is fun for a while or install mods.

Personally, apart from a few games, I feel mods can ruin a game. This is one of those games I feel is ruined by mods. It is just my opinion tho, so if you love mods whatever the game, go ahead.
  12. Nov 29, 2014
    Actually, I had a lot of fun with Minecraft, and lost several hours of my life...

The sandbox experience is really great, and the blocky world has a charm to it, and is really nicely done. Yes, I am applauding the graphics. People think every **** game should have Crysis-like graphics, gee... But, moving on... The problem with Minecraft, despite all that you can do with it, is

The problem with Minecraft, despite all that you can do with it, is that... Well, it gets boring kinda fast. I mean, 1 week after you start a game and you play it like crazy, but then you're just bored, and you don't really wanna start a new game.

The mods are awesome and the multiplayer is really nice, but it's not MY kind of multiplayer, so I give it a miss.

But what annoys me is that all the internet is FULL of Minecraft, everywhere. And this turns me off. There's a gazillion videos on Youtube of Minecraft, with kids screaming everywhere... and yes, this lowered the score for me. I know, if it is so popular, it means it's a sucessful game. And I'm not trying to be a hipster. But the community of the game ruined some of its charm for me.

But, still, it's a very nice game, and I'm glad I played something like 20 hours of it.
  13. Oct 23, 2014
    Good fun. One gets immersed for a while then it loses it's appeal. Overall it's a very intuitive idea, but if I have to mine another piece of rock I'll kill myself.
  14. Oct 13, 2014
    This game used to be good back when Notch was in charge, but now it has gone over the cliff. A fun game single-player, but often repetitive and boring as all hell.
    5/10 - Ben Hazelden
  15. Sep 28, 2014
    If your into gaming, there's probably nothing you already don't know about Minecraft. Chances are you have it, played it and love it. However Minecraft is only fun if you have a vivid and strong imagination for things to create. If not then perhaps you waste your savings on the new Call of Duty. Even with 1.8 Minecraft still has a lot to do and improve. I would not say this is forIf your into gaming, there's probably nothing you already don't know about Minecraft. Chances are you have it, played it and love it. However Minecraft is only fun if you have a vivid and strong imagination for things to create. If not then perhaps you waste your savings on the new Call of Duty. Even with 1.8 Minecraft still has a lot to do and improve. I would not say this is for everyone, there are frustrations if you don't know how to start things off. If you have the console version this won't be a problem since there is a tutorial and basically tells you the crafting recipes and points out every block you see. Don't be fooled into thinking this game is only playable on "The master race" that is PC because it isn't. But while it is undoubtedly dumbed down for players in the console version and doesn't have as many updates it is still fun and you do still get a sense of accomplishment on either really. Minecraft should at least be tried by everyone just too see what all the fuss is about then you might find yourself remembering every rule and crafting recipe in the game at three in the morning. Expand
  16. Jul 7, 2014
    A frightening good example on just how popular something simple can get. Minecraft has laid out the groundwork for the booming indie industry we know today but unfortunately, It haven't really aged as well as I hope it would have.

Mods are being produced a hundredfold times faster than the actual standard game, be it the automated industry mining mod or the dozens of graphic mods that causes a game consisting of huge clunky squares look like Crysis, the developers themselves seem to keep falling more and more behind as the producer (Notch) distances himself more and more from the title as the community continues to have an far-above majority population consisting of little, impulsive school children.
  17. Jul 6, 2014
    Minecraft is a game were you have only 10 minutes until dark. This game was created by Notch and developed by Jeb (Short form for Jens Bergensten). this is a great and awesome game. hope you enjoy this game
  18. Jul 1, 2014
    The vanilla game is great, but after a few weeks you get bored of it.
    The mods are where its at.
    There are literally hundreds of mods that you can play to keep you into the game.
    the only problem is that its hard to install mods at this time.
  19. Jun 24, 2014
    A very nice game in a voxel based world.It features offline and multiplayer modes. It is pretty much a game of life where you mine and craft and farm and explore. It is a pretty good game but it is definitely over priced. I have the game from a gift card from a friend, but I would not pay $27 USD to play this game. And it is also overpriced on android and apple devices and consoles too.
  20. Jun 5, 2014
    I loved this game when I first started playing in 2010. I've had lots of fun with it, and it's a great game. It WAS, that is. My interest towards this open world game started decreasing, as it's now monotonus and overplayed on YouTube. I've resided to making Custom maps and Statues.
  21. Jun 4, 2014
    Minecraft is a well-crafted masterpiece with many features, an expansive world, and unrivaled replayability. However, a lack of a built in tutorial, button-mashing combat,, repetitiveness, and lack of balance undermine (pun not intended) the gameplay experience. Overall, it is a game worth buying, though some issues still show beyond its hype.

First, the good. It has in-depth features,

First, the good. It has in-depth features, such as a huge branching crafting system, a smelting system, and a brewing system for potions (in game items that can give players, NPC's and enemies buffs and debuffs), and a fun, but not necessarily advanced, enchanting system.

The expansive worlds allow the player to explore and build huge structures. The full PC version (not the classic or console versions) has an infinite world to explore, exploit, and build in. The world generation algorithm creates diverse worlds, with everything from mountains to oceans. Every world is unique, and the ability to choose and share the world generation "seed", or the code that starts the random number generator in the generation algorithm, allows players to find their perfect world.

The game also has unrivaled replayability, as every game is different, with different worlds and different approaches, this game can get you glued to your chair for hours. Different game modes (the creative, survival, and hardcore modes) allow you to choose how to play the game, whether you want to go into god-mode and build huge castles, or survive in a wooden cabin with limited materials.

However, the issues start becoming apparent as you start playing the game. The lack of a tutorial results in your first few hours of gameplay being just "How do I do this again? I have to go online and search on a fan-made website, again!" ad nauseam.

The melee combat is simple and limited to button mashing. Newer updates have made changes, such as "critical hits". a game mechanic where the damage done increases slightly if the player jumps before hitting the enemy, but the melee combat is still somewhat repetitive, in my opinion.

Despite its replayability, it still becomes repetitive over time, as you spend a lot of your time digging huge tunnels to find that one more diamond you need to make a new tool.

The game also has a complete lack of balance. Coal and iron are supposed to be the most common underground minerals in the game, as they are low and medium tier items respectively, but I frequently find stacks of redstone (a high-tier item) before I even find any coal, when digging underground.

In conclusion, while minecraft is a worthy buy, with many features, an expansive world, and replayability, issues, such as a lack of a built in tutorial, button-mashing combat,, repetitiveness, and lack of balance seriously ruin the gameplay.
  22. May 21, 2014
    ok, I am a die-hard Minecraft fan, I am part of the community and I even do a lot of vids on minecraft. But, I can't say minecraft is flawless, and I'm going to give my honest review.

Minecraft is a great game, and it is a truly open world sandbox, where your minecraft world ends with you. This Game is definitely a mark in video game history, and I hope this game leads to new ideas for future sandbox games. First, I'll start with survival. My first time, like most new players, was rough. Minecraft kind of puts you in the wild and says "you're on your own, have fun". But that's not that bad, it adds a bit of the charm to the game, and that there is lots to learn to do, and aim for. It also introduces you to the minecraft community, as you rely on it to learn more about the game, and how to play it. I'll talk more about the MC community later, as it plays a big role in the game. As you learn more and more, you explore your world, survive ravage nights, and build whatever you can imagine. Minecraft life will have many things to do, make, or explore. this review was made in ver 1.7.9, and there is a point where you have done it all, and once you've explored the game inside and out, the game starts to lose steam, the game-play isn't that interesting past that for the most part. Then there is creative mode, where you are invincible, and can build (or destroy) with few limits.

now, back to the community. The minecraft community is the absolute best, and really works hand and hand with the game to make it bigger and better, in a way I have never seen in any other game. if you have a decent amount of tech smarts, or look up tutorials, there you will really get the full effect of the minecraft community's mark on the game, and get more out of the game when you've explored it all. First off, the I am so impressed by what, amateur developers that loved the game, created in the minecraft community. There is like a mod for Freaking everything; shooting kamehameha's, guns, weapons from RWBY, SAO, KH, etc, Pokemon, magic, npcs, superpowers, bosses battles, alternate dimensions, you name is, it's most likely a mod for it, and will being the game to life. In addition, there are also resource packs to change the look and feel of the game. and Many maps custom maps; from an epic adventure map (most likely made by Hypixel), a survival world with the creators flare, recreations of other things or places, or just an awesome looking thing someone built. Don't even get me started on multiplayer server, minigames and stuff. Even outside of gameplay, youtubers have made minecraft so popular, and really something that people enjoy.

Now here comes the sad part of this review. The flaws of minecraft. The wonderful things the minecraft community brings to the game will keep you entertains for a long time, but it also starts to die. Minecraft's huge gaping hole that keeps it 2 points away from a 9/10 is the gameplay. Im sorry, but you the battle mechanics are pretty... eh, and just barely passes as enjoyable. Way you move, the way you fight, and just the way your character performs, it's just... ok.... it passes, and it wouldn't take away from the minecraft experience, but once it's you've explored everything, and you've exhausted your creativity, tried many mods, the game dies there. Gameplay is an important part of if you would come back to the game, and a game like this can't be played for a plot. but another point was deducted for the way the game is being improved. as more and more updates have come out, less and less is actual added. The updates just aren't giving me anything to return to the game to do something new.These flaws will not affect new players, but more players that have played minecraft for a while. If this ever changes in future versions, I would gladly give this game a 8/10, maybe even a 9/10. It hurts me that I had to give this game 7/10, but, I just can't go any higher.

overall, you will love Minecraft, and if you're a gamer, get this game. Let your imagination and exploration run free. And a tip, take shelter before the sun sets in the game, because the night is evil.
  23. May 17, 2014
    Now, let me make this clear, I don't HATE minecraft, as it is a VERY well made game!
    but the real problem lays within the community. Sure, the mods are fun, and I spent quite a while
    playing M.C.A. or minecraft comes alive But when XBOX players criticize a port thats NOT on XBOX for not being on XBOX (and not even trying it), and your community starts going on a rampage of calling everything a "ripoff" and not giving poor devs a chance, even if their game is very original or good in its own ways, I'm done. Minecraft is fun, and multiplayer CAN be fun, but I'm not so sure your game is safe when you have a pirated version out there donning the title "minecraftSP" for free, I have a bad feeling.
    5 OUT OF 10 FOR THE COMMUNITY, 8 OUT OF 10 FOR THE GAME.
  24. May 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a sandbox - survival game consisting of you making your own story, branching your own path and making your own choices. This game is fun mostly whilst playing with your friends and online. Without those features, the offline is boring and lonely, which is sad as I have seen people who make videos of Minecraft offline with or without modifications have so much fun which makesMinecraft is a sandbox - survival game consisting of you making your own story, branching your own path and making your own choices. This game is fun mostly whilst playing with your friends and online. Without those features, the offline is boring and lonely, which is sad as I have seen people who make videos of Minecraft offline with or without modifications have so much fun which makes no sense to me. Now for the gameplay features, it is simplistic which I like. You punch blocks to make blocks, to make tools to get better blocks. The bosses are boring however and require nothing else but SHOOT THE THING and the AI is ok. The enemies are intelligent enough and the friendly creatures are responsive to you killing them. The graphics aren't next generation but are stylised with the game and getting a graphics modification ruins the feel so don't. However it runs like crap as it uses Java script as the coding language and it really isn't ideal with making three dimensional games with such expansiveness. As of bugs, the only ones I see are shading errors and generation problems but overall a good built game, and I am not surprised as of how many people actually play this game and bug report.

Overall this game is good and I see appeal to those who want to play games that are expansive and simple and I find it OK. 7/10
  25. May 10, 2014
    Minecraft is indeed a good game, but I would not say a masterpiece. In my opinion, it come as a light in a bad age of games, it came right when those repetitive first-peron shooters were dominating the market. Minecraft emerged as an alternative to those who don't like these games.

I guess it's an insult to all other games to say that minecraft is the best game ever - However, I think it's the most striking game from the present.

Well, to explain these paragraphs I will make a list of the bad/good points from Minecraft:

GOOD POINTS
    - Creative game with thousands of possibilities;
    - Different and unique graphics;
    - Classic music which fits in the game;
    - A very good platform to mod and make plugins for;
    - Runs on any PC (on lowest settings);
    - A quite good multiplayer;
    - Hollow (and sometimes dark) atmosphere;
    - Several large and mysterious worlds to explore.

BAD POINTS
    - Poorly coded, with much lag;
    - Poorly detailed graphics (the game couldn't improve them a bit more without losing its style);
    - Bad sound effects;
    - Many non-sense addons (since the official release);
    - Have a lot of bugs;
    - A game with no point, nothing to do... You get sick of it quickly (unless you start playing in servers full of plugins (or mods). But that's not the game content);
    - Non-sense ending! A dragon WTF?! There could be a truly explanation (and end) for a square-ish world! And it could be more original and less cliché;
    - Several features that Notch promissed to include not included;
    - Despite being a light game, when on high settings runs only in NASA pcs (and have not "that" good graphics);
    - Barely made GUI;
    - It could have missions, portraying the story of herobrine, but NO, it's just a **** non-sense sandbox!
    - It could be a lot better than it was, enjoying a lot more its features (that have no purpose).

So that's it. For who overrate this game, that's my opinion...
    Loving minecraft is like loving water in a desert. It's not because of its "awesomeness", but because the other bad and boring games we have today.
    Who don't play anyother game, try a truly good one (such Age of empires, C&C, Total annihilation, etc) before saying **** ("MINECRAFT IS THE BEST GAME EVER"). There you see that MC isn't a so good game.

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IMN'T A FLUENT SPEAKER XD)
  26. Apr 2, 2014
    Minecraft us a fun game, in the beginning after a while it really begins to loose it's charm. It also irritates me that Mojang (the creators of minecraft) could make an AWESOME game out of This by wedding simple bit fun changes (making blocking effective, more types of armor/weapons and USEFULL NPC's) but instead they add carpets....
  27. Mar 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a very unique game, but does it deserve this much acclaim?

Pros:
    It gives you total freedom
    Nice LEGO style graphics

Cons:
    Dull combat
    Boring gameplay
    It's more of a toy rather than a game

Minecraft does have its moments, but it's not quite the game I wanted
  28. Mar 7, 2014
    Minecraft! An extremely repetitive, yet attractive game towards a lot of the younger audience. Minecraft is fun to play at first, but then when you get tired of it, you take a break and go to the mods. The modding community is quite amazing. It offers many advancements to the game, and brings in a ton of extra hours of playtime. Overall, this game is EXTREMELY addictive if you like sandboxMinecraft! An extremely repetitive, yet attractive game towards a lot of the younger audience. Minecraft is fun to play at first, but then when you get tired of it, you take a break and go to the mods. The modding community is quite amazing. It offers many advancements to the game, and brings in a ton of extra hours of playtime. Overall, this game is EXTREMELY addictive if you like sandbox survival games, but atrocious if you don't. Expand
  29. Jan 2, 2014
    minecraft is fun at first but gets way to repetitive after your first few times playing though it. trust me every time you start a world you chop down a tree look for coal then make your first base. it fun for the first time but after a few times it really turns you off of the game
  30. Dec 29, 2013
    Minecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to theMinecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to the people who don't actually know what their talking about we have a game that's aging very quickly for the people like me who have played it for 3 years. Expand
  31. Dec 26, 2013
    Let's start by saying this game is pretty good. The building is easy and looks good. You can add mods to change parts of the game. Modding is very easy to do. Multiplayer keeps you playing for a long time. Generally, most of the mobs are somewhat difficult. It also allows for many different ways to play such as adventure maps, multiplayer custom gamemodes, and more. Anyone starting thisLet's start by saying this game is pretty good. The building is easy and looks good. You can add mods to change parts of the game. Modding is very easy to do. Multiplayer keeps you playing for a long time. Generally, most of the mobs are somewhat difficult. It also allows for many different ways to play such as adventure maps, multiplayer custom gamemodes, and more. Anyone starting this game would certainly enjoy it, and for a long time. But let's get to the bad.

Why this game is also pretty bad. First off, gameplay. When I am at the diamond age, what is there to do? Sure there is building, but making buildings gets boring after some time, and really doesn't do much. Sure there are bosses, such as the Ender Dragon (Boring: Swoops down every 5 minutes, and has the knockback of the devil) and the Wither (interesting, but the beacons just make the game more boring and easy: Pretty difficult to kill, gathering the materials needed to make the wither can be extremely annoying and boring), but the ender dragon barely gives you anything that is needed, and the Wither drops a star to make the beacon which makes a easy game even easier. Sure there is multiplayer, but seriously, it does get boring after a long time (Like all games do when you overplay them). Sure there are mods, but that isn't part of the game, and most make the game even easier. Sure there are new updates, which aren't very interesting, and add mostly annoying things to the game, and the developers aren't so nice/good. Take Jeb for example which says "If you don't like the game, then don't play it." Why is that bad to say? Because that means he doesn't care, and wants money since he already knows you bought the game. Then he takes bad community output from players who don't care for gameplay and want a game that is easy. I'm not even going to get into recent updates. Disgusting.

Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot, and it started a new style for gaming and graphics.
  32. Dec 16, 2013
    Minecraft is a very cool role playing game. I often play it, almost everyday. That is because this game is very good. Graphics was also good even if all things were like polygons but the gameplay is awesome. I have created a blog post for my minecraft review and you can kindly visit it in ...
  33. Dec 14, 2013
    it is the best sandbox open world game, however is far too complex and luck is required in the current version 12/12/13, it will most likely end up that you no life this game or die and restart over and over until boredom this game was amazing back in the day of 1.7.2 when it peaked.
  34. Nov 25, 2013
    Minecraft haven't conquered me in the pc edition, i like to play in the Xbox 360, even with all the mods that the PC edition have.
    Just like, you don't have any instruction, it's like mojang saying to you Learn by yourself !!!
    Altought if you know how to play, you are going to love it.
  35. Nov 18, 2013
    Decent combination of exploration and building. I don't regret buying it for $12, though I only sometimes play it. It's lots of fun if you find a good server, and build a home, compound, or village with 2 or more friends, like in a LAN party setting. Playing alone can be somewhat tedious you might ask yourself "what am I doing, there is no objective, what objective should I make?" IDecent combination of exploration and building. I don't regret buying it for $12, though I only sometimes play it. It's lots of fun if you find a good server, and build a home, compound, or village with 2 or more friends, like in a LAN party setting. Playing alone can be somewhat tedious you might ask yourself "what am I doing, there is no objective, what objective should I make?" I confess it has those limitations, but with friends you can make your own objectives. So my advice.. play with friends. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2013
    this game is thought of as the best building game around by a lot of people but when you think about the fact that the graphics are bad you place down cubes and half cubes and its still thought of to be the best how low are you standards for a building game then.they have to be really low may be the best of its kind but its not a very good game still
  37. Nov 12, 2013
    it is an spectacular game. awesome grafics, awesome monsters, awesome materials, just one thing i dont like. to play multiplayer you need to pay 20 dollars!??! I know not all games are free but minecraft doesnt have a long gameplay. so 20 dollars is too much.
  38. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm going to come out of the Hedgerow of the gaming industry and really say the truth of what I think of this game, I don't like it I think it's boring I made a house out of mud, wow cool. I'm sorry They are blocks, I can easily make these 'Top' rated builds with my eyes closed, there's no still involved only placing of blocks and patience.

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft managed to shine because it's 'okay' hell i don't think it is and before you strike me down everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I love multiple genres of games, this just doesn't shine off the dome I'm sorry, at-least i'm not getting paid to lie about how good it is.
  39. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is great, I'm highly addicted to it so don't get me wrong with lower than excellent rating. Not really mod friendly, or, not mod community friendly. Apparently the java is a devil to code with b/c each update requires mod overhauls; the mod websites are plagued with malicious coding to lure people to install browser hi-jacking software. How is this relevant you ask? Steam hasThis game is great, I'm highly addicted to it so don't get me wrong with lower than excellent rating. Not really mod friendly, or, not mod community friendly. Apparently the java is a devil to code with b/c each update requires mod overhauls; the mod websites are plagued with malicious coding to lure people to install browser hi-jacking software. How is this relevant you ask? Steam has a wonderful mod installation/update method, so at this phase in the games history, a Mahjong approval system is really a must, b/c this game can keep the entertainment flowing with a little more flavor in the vanilla. Expand
  40. Nov 2, 2013
    I wrote before that this game is completely awesome and outstanding. Well, I got bored of it. It can be really repetitive when you play more like a year, almost every day. Still a good game, though. If you never played it you will love it.
  41. Oct 28, 2013
    This game used to be fantastic. As a kid, this game was my life. But after a while, the developers have become lazy and add literally NOTHING to the game. Its just the same old same old. Start a new world, find diamonds, done. The game isn't terrible, but look at Terraria. They have literally added 2000+ items within the past 6 months. So, get this game, play it for a bit and be done with it...
  42. Oct 18, 2013
    i admit that minecraft is a original game
    it has an original gameplay
    but what can i say?
    minecraft its no for me
    i guess its not enought fun for me
    i dont see the interesting
  43. Oct 15, 2013
    The game has gone a long way since 2009. It began as a novelty sandbox infinitely-generated 2D game, but eventually the game, although not losing it's appeal to new players, slowly started getting less invigorating and more arduos to the old veterans, like me. I don't like some of the changes Mojang has made to Minecraft, but I would honestly say the good slightly outweighs the bad. ButThe game has gone a long way since 2009. It began as a novelty sandbox infinitely-generated 2D game, but eventually the game, although not losing it's appeal to new players, slowly started getting less invigorating and more arduos to the old veterans, like me. I don't like some of the changes Mojang has made to Minecraft, but I would honestly say the good slightly outweighs the bad. But again, it starts to lose appeal to old Minecraft fans, namely because of some of the updates Mojang has made and the fact that survival just isn't a long-term thing after a while. Then again, it's come a long way and tons of friendly people, mods, and texture packs live in the Minecraft wild, and it is indeed fun to play with sometimes. In short: Minecraft's good concept is very slightly ruined by updates that kinda ruin the game's aspect and eventual non-appeal. For 26 bucks? I'd say it's worth it. Maybe even a must-buy. But if this game was in any older stage, I might have given it a slightly higher score. Expand
  44. Oct 15, 2013
    While I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. ThatWhile I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. That is why I always play on the hardest difficulty. I think it is fun, but definitely overhyped in my opinion. Expand
  45. Aug 27, 2013
    Pretty cool, gets boring after a while. and don't tell me that mods are going to fix that issue seeing as I get bored of the minecraft environment and overall look. CSS mods ftw :P
  46. Aug 20, 2013
    Not really even a game. Sure, it has bundles of entertainment value. Sure, the skies the limit when it comes to what one can do. Sure, it can be modded into the depths of Hades, but when it comes down to the brass tacks the game just lacks inherent substance. Much of the praise for the title comes from the idea that there is literally oceans of potential, potential that is left to theNot really even a game. Sure, it has bundles of entertainment value. Sure, the skies the limit when it comes to what one can do. Sure, it can be modded into the depths of Hades, but when it comes down to the brass tacks the game just lacks inherent substance. Much of the praise for the title comes from the idea that there is literally oceans of potential, potential that is left to the creativity of the player to attain. It's just a framework for the user to nucleate their hopes and desires. The developers haven't done enough to give a definite experience. There's almost too much freedom. It's like they just gave a peasant an empty plot of land and neglected to provide any instruction. Granted, the newly minted farmer can grow whatever they choose but I'm sure the majority of the impoverished would much rather prefer some stuff on it initially. I liken it to a three dimensional Microsoft paint in which the artistically inclined are unlimited in their scope whereas the majority of the uninspired will grow bored of it in an hour. Expand
  47. Aug 15, 2013
    I've been thinking about it for quite a while, but in the end I could not give this game the passing grade. Let me get this straight, this game has an awesome, innovative gameplay mechanic, and that's the reason I'm so upset to see it wasted so much. Once the game became popular things has just gotten increasingly worse. The medium "consumer" of minecraft now is a ten to fourteen years oldI've been thinking about it for quite a while, but in the end I could not give this game the passing grade. Let me get this straight, this game has an awesome, innovative gameplay mechanic, and that's the reason I'm so upset to see it wasted so much. Once the game became popular things has just gotten increasingly worse. The medium "consumer" of minecraft now is a ten to fourteen years old kid that wants everything right away, leading the dev to implement "stuff" just for the sake of it, without gaving it any real ingame purpose, balancement, or effort required in order to attain it. The real potential of the game has been ignored and rpg like features has been added to make it more commercial and appealing to the casual gamer. And the bugs. The game is just full of them and every release adds more than it solves. This is a real pity, but it almost looks like the devs doesn't even care about it anymore, Minecraft maked them rich, why should they bother? This game could have scored ten, and probably someone will soon make the game that Minecraft was meant to be, I'm looking forward to that while I watch another great game get beaten into commercial rubbish. Expand
  48. Aug 11, 2013
    Not bad. The game's key concept is doing whatever you want, be it constructing the Empire State Building, or making giant Megaman pixel art. However, it is held back by a few key problems: This game probably has the steepest learning curve I've EVER seen in a videogame. So many crafting things to remember, so many ores, so much everything! Also, the game is quite buggy, but I won't hold itNot bad. The game's key concept is doing whatever you want, be it constructing the Empire State Building, or making giant Megaman pixel art. However, it is held back by a few key problems: This game probably has the steepest learning curve I've EVER seen in a videogame. So many crafting things to remember, so many ores, so much everything! Also, the game is quite buggy, but I won't hold it against it for this kind of game. It has its problems, but the game should last you A LONG TIME, as long as you are ready to learn! Expand
  49. Aug 9, 2013
    I do like it a bit. However, if you don't know what to do in this game, then you are pretty much finished playing already. The game doesn't say what you have to do, so for a lot of people it is unclear. Also, even though the graphics are bad, the engine is horrible and it doesn't even run properly on my "good home entertainment pc"
  50. Jul 30, 2013
    Well, as someone who played the game before it became a giant gaming staple, here's what I think:
    Minecraft is a good game, if you can call it that. It really is. It's fun, engaging, creative, and endless. However, Minecraft's many fallacies are covered up by it's community, who seem to worship Mojang as if they're gods.
    Fallacy number 1: It's not a game. It isn't. It's like playing with
    Fallacy number 1: It's not a game. It isn't. It's like playing with Legos. Sure, you can fight stuff, and fight bosses, but that doesn't make it a game. You can play with Lego figures and make them fight. That doesn't make Lego a game. It's a toybox/sandbox, and really nothing else. The gameplay is repetitive and gets boring after a while.
    Fallacy number 2: Updates. Minecraft's updates used to add new things that build onto the gameplay, not worthless things like more biomes and potions. Minecraft no longer progresses.
    Fallacy number 3 (the BIG one): Community. Minecraft's community sucks, plain and simple. It's full of moronic fanboys who bought the game because it's popular. The defend Minecraft and Mojang with their lives, despite Mojang being uncaring for it's fans.
    So there it is. You may not like it. You may have already disliked this review. I do, however, enjoy Minecraft once in a while. It's not the best game ever as some people say, but it's fun once in a while.
  51. EGB
    Jul 27, 2013
    Minecraft has steered away completely from what it originally was. That original idea is far gone now. The game is now in a confused state where it does not know whether to be an RPG or a Sandbox game. The game is filled up with little useless content.

If only Minecraft focused on adding more content, mechanisms, bug fixing, multiplayer stability, tools, modding possibilities. Notch,

Notch, you should have listened to yourself and made the game what you originally wanted it to be.
  52. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is overrated. The mechanics themselves are poor. Of course you can spent a lot of time and be creative, but then its like a 3D-Paint programm. Of course you can make some funny things with red stones too, but honestly, i wouldnt pay over 10€ für a java written unpeformant game like that.
    Its a okay game, but nothing more. To less content and bad implementation for a higher rating.
  53. Jul 12, 2013
    Minecraft has been a great game for all ages. You could Kill, build, and (for almost everyone) mod. The newest updates (1.6.1 & 1.6.2) have changed almost everything about this game. You need to do a lot more to mod it or add texture packs. Whatever Notch is doing he really needs to turn his act around before he crashes. I hope this turns out for the better.
  54. Jul 7, 2013
    While I do find the game to be extremely overrated, It is still a solid game. I have fun running about a endless world making anything I want in the creative mode. But I do not care for the adventure mode at all. But the game is also incredibly glitchy, but that is to be expected. I do recommend minecraft, but it is not as good as people say.
  55. Jun 27, 2013
    When I first started to play Minecraft, I had no clue what to do. After a while, I began to figure things out, building mud shacks. As I got better, I built bigger and cooler buildings. There was a point while I played this game where I was addicted, trying to build giant structures, spending hours at a time completely immersed. It was really cool.
    And then it got boring. After a while,
    And then it got boring. After a while, the game just loses its original charm and becomes a chore to play.

My fun while playing Minecraft is like a parabolic curve. I started off bored, got really into it, then at the end got really bored. The first two weeks are still a blast, so I'd recommend giving it a shot.
  56. Jun 10, 2013
    Minecraft is a game with its own rules. It is the pure spirit of creativity. You can buld everything from blocks and build new blocks or entities by combining these blocks.
    The Multiplayer is the collective fight for life, against creatures of the night, which like in the Singleplayer culminates to greed for ores, gold, diamonds short: for all luxurious goods. But it is a fading greed, only leaving a feeling of having left something unfinished.
  57. Jun 6, 2013
    Minecraft is a game of freedom, survival, crafting and building. The graphics are simple, still good. Everything is built up from pixelated blocks. There is a nice day/night cycle, randomly generated terrain with hidden dungeons, underground cave systems, huge oceans, hills, swamps, villages, and with lots of other biomes and areas. In normal survival mode, you start basically withMinecraft is a game of freedom, survival, crafting and building. The graphics are simple, still good. Everything is built up from pixelated blocks. There is a nice day/night cycle, randomly generated terrain with hidden dungeons, underground cave systems, huge oceans, hills, swamps, villages, and with lots of other biomes and areas. In normal survival mode, you start basically with nothing. You need to collect resources, craft tools, clothing, hunt, and explore new areas and visit other worlds. There is an ending for the game, so it is not just for nothing.

Redstone is an other really cool feature, you can build traps, complex machines with it. It is a really nice, unique feature of the game.

Also there is an unlimited creative mode, where you can build and create without limitations. You can generate normal and flat world in case you want to build on a flat area.

As much the game is, there are large amount of flaws in it. One of the frustrating factor is it is still very badly optimised. It lags sometimes like hell, You should say, get a better PC, but to be honest, I saw better looking and well working similar programs, that ran much better and had nice, high resolution textures. So the code is unoptimised, and also buggy. With all the updates we get some new content also lots of new glitches. That's sad.

There are still not enough mobs (creatures) in the game. My other problem is the sounds. The game lacks of nice environmental sound effects. I would be happy with cricket sounds at night, birds tweeting, and other nice environmental sound effects.

Multiplayer is much more enjoyable than any modes of single player. Unfortunately, it can be also glitchy sometimes. Don't think about major glitches, but they're still there. Also there is no server browser, which would be a nice feature.

In multiplayer, there are much more possibilities, also there are non-official servers programs that gives great expansion for the game as permissions, better tools for editing the world, add shops into the game, make PVP arenas, etc...

Good news, there are lots of modders and there lots of mods out there, however, modding is not supported by Mojang (the creators of the game). Some mod APIs are already done by modders, gives possibility to play with mods in both single and multiplayer!
    For 1.6 there is a Modding API in plan, that will give official support for mods. I can't wait for that!

So in overall, Minecraft is a unique experience, if you can live with the graphical limitations, but I still feel the game unpolished and unfinished.

If I was reviewing 1.0 (or 1.7.3 Beta, which was my favorite), maybe I would give it a higher score, but I think the game is going slight downhill, the updates are not really large progresses at all, they doesn't really fix some basic problems, the optimization is bad, and it has some basic issues.
  58. May 28, 2013
    Minecraft was an Action/RPG/Sandbox game but they changed it to Sandbox/Survival game,i dont know if i recommende it, this game is an OPEN WORLD that load chuncks and i hate it beacuse it lags.
    If you an old,bad computer you wont run it so good with mods like Mo creatures.
    If you an old,bad computer you wont run it so good with mods like Mo creatures.
    The game is avarage for SP but i really recommend SMP(Survival Multi Player) i like Vanilia servers but Bukkit servers are the modded ones that have "Plugins" Plugins are like a mod my favorite plugins are the ones that allows you to protect your stuff i.e chest,personal door etc.
    This game has many items,2 bosses,many blocks and the 2 bosses are:Wither and Ender Dragon.
    Wither is a boss that gives you "Wither" effect that is like Poison but you cant see your hearts
    *WARNING THOSE PARAGRAPHS CONTAINS SPOILERS*Ender Dragon is the final boss that you must defeat when you defeat him you get 120+ levels for enchaments and 1 Ender dragon egg,to get the egg you must have a Piston and a lever.
    When the Wither patch was in minecraft the sky was darker when you didnt defeat
    Gameplay is not too great but it was their first game created
    Enchantments are terrible,i recommend to save your xp if you dont have too many bookselves beacuse level 30 is the good enchantment but still you get bad enchants so if you click 1-29 levels you get bad enchants.
    I recommend to play the Demo version
  59. May 9, 2013
    I had a rather good gameplay experience with Minecraft, however, I quickly got bored. I played about 50 hours in the first week, and then just kinda stopped. My interest slowly petered out. It's an excellent game, and certainly worth the price (I bought it in late alpha, so I got it cheaper.), but don't expect 600 hours of gameplay.
  60. May 6, 2013
    After I bought my Xbox 360, the game I wanted the most was Fallout 3, a game that I heard had taken some people's sleep due to its depth and infinite possibilities that kept people thinking about what decision to make next and what would be the outcome of that decision. I did end up buying Fallout 3 but it didn't kept me awake at night like it did to some people (still, a great game!). TheAfter I bought my Xbox 360, the game I wanted the most was Fallout 3, a game that I heard had taken some people's sleep due to its depth and infinite possibilities that kept people thinking about what decision to make next and what would be the outcome of that decision. I did end up buying Fallout 3 but it didn't kept me awake at night like it did to some people (still, a great game!). The game that did that for me was Minecraft. The idea of being able to modify the ole world and build everything I could think of was incredible! Even more incredible when the stuff you build actually had a purpose, to help you survive. I really became a fan of survival games when I started to play Minecraft, unfortunately, the survival element of the game disappears after the first 4 or 5 in-game days because, by that time, I'd already built myself a basic house, I had a mine and I had weapons. It turns into sandbox RPG where you just want to raid dungeons, farm XP, get better gear, kill bosses and then kill the Ender Dragon (the final boss). The developers really got me confused when they started putting these RPG-ish things into the game (bosses, leveling system, potions, dungeons, enchantments...) instead of enhancing the survival aspect of Minecraft. That (to me) was a problem. Another problem tis game has is that you will probablly lose interest on the game when you get to the middle part of the game because you've become so strong and resourcefull that nothing feels challenging anymore. Lucklly for Minecraft, those are the only mistakes I found in the game. The random map generator is amazing, the creative mode lets you use every block in the game so you can just build awesome stuff hardcore mode adds permadeath, making the game more challenging and the multiplayer makes everything more enjoyable (and there's LAN). I gave this game a 7 out of 10, not because it's a good survival game but because it's a great adventure game that's even better with friends, because it allows you to shape the world as you want and because of the amazing world generator that give this game a lot of re-playability. If you own a PC, you probably already played Minecraft, but if you haven't, you have to! Expand
  61. Apr 2, 2013
    When I first started playing Minecraft it was AMAZING!!!! However, it quickly got boring due to the fact that there is no change. Survive the first night, expand during the day, hide at night, after about 2 months this quickly became repetitive and boring. It became interesting again when I started playing online with a few (3 or 4) friends, but again became very repetitive.
  62. Mar 29, 2013
    Minecraft is a very good game. A nice, if not new concept which allows players to achieve great things. The game works well with friends, and alone, but you must realize that in order to be entertained, you need to have a goal. If you aren't working on something this game gets boring fast. So think of something, and build it!
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    Minecraft is genuinely fun, but only at the start. The whole concept of surviving and building seems so fascinating and fresh. So you go out and build a house after a while, and then you realize there isn't much to do after that. The entire sense of survival you felt in the first days of your world is gone as you find yourself surviving without much trouble. I think Minecraft's actually aMinecraft is genuinely fun, but only at the start. The whole concept of surviving and building seems so fascinating and fresh. So you go out and build a house after a while, and then you realize there isn't much to do after that. The entire sense of survival you felt in the first days of your world is gone as you find yourself surviving without much trouble. I think Minecraft's actually a game for those who are creative- those who imagine huge castles or roller coasters and thus will get quite boring after a while if you don't have a constant intake of these ideas (which is where the mods come in). The community is great- if not oddly overenthusiastic at times and should give you a good time. The graphics have never been a problem to me.
    An 8 for those who are creative and a 6 for those who aren't, so an average of 7 is pretty good.
  64. Mar 21, 2013
    At first I thought WOW!! Really? I can do anything." And when I did just that...I sat there. Bored, so what did I do? Went online to share it of course. Only to be greeted by obnoxious children, clearly brain dead from playing the game too long and arrogant administrators who just want your cash. While the game is creative it is also pointless and aimless, some of the things i've seenAt first I thought WOW!! Really? I can do anything." And when I did just that...I sat there. Bored, so what did I do? Went online to share it of course. Only to be greeted by obnoxious children, clearly brain dead from playing the game too long and arrogant administrators who just want your cash. While the game is creative it is also pointless and aimless, some of the things i've seen built are magnificent but a lot of them are just uninspired. You feel as if you've just been dropped somewhere and forced to do things, kind of like school really. The "mobs" are at first exciting but they soon become boring and you just don't care anymore. Obviously the graphics is bad and texture packs still don't make any difference but I don't care, its not a graphics reliant game. The "game" has no....gameplay, I would recommend you attend an oriental zen garden class rather than Minecraft, leave all the Minecraft players in their dark caves... Expand
  65. Mar 8, 2013
    I'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personallyI'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personally know 3 people who own their own. However, servers are still only interesting with mods, and as a base game, there's only so much you can do.
    In terms of standalone games, I'd recommend Terraria much more. However, if you're willing to put up with the installation of 30+ mods just to make the game better, I'd recommend this.
  66. Feb 14, 2013
    Minecraft was a very fun game. It quickly became boring during the full release phase. It just doesn't have that feeling of adventure and creativity anymore from recent patches. They didn't add much to the game.
  67. Feb 3, 2013
    An interesting concept that comes with MANY flaws, and is as boring as hell.
    An interesting concept that comes with MANY flaws, and is as boring as hell.
    Minecraft is quite a revolutionary game that attracted tens of millions of players from around the world. Once you get past the fact that the graphics are absolutely terrible, Minecraft is actually quite an addicting game. In Minecraft, you can build just about anything. From a dirt house to a functioning Television, the possibilities are basically infinite. The multiplayer is extremely fun. Minecraft is a great way to hang out with friends online in a casual setting.
    However, Minecraft has terrible gameplay outside of building. You generally have no sense of progression, and reaching the "end game" only takes about a week to do. The minecraft community is terrible. I mean, i don't think i even have to explain that. The music in Minecraft is awful, and generally, It's really a boring game.
    The most points i can give Minecraft is about 6/10, but the fact that is is a complete ripoff drops it down to a 5 for me.
  68. Jan 21, 2013
    after seeing the review total of a 7.1 i was confused how it could be so low, but then i realised thats what it truly was. If i were to say minecraft was not and incredible game i would be lieing, but the key word there is WAS. Minecraft started out simple, elegant, and an amazing game. However, the turning point came with the add ons. Alchemy, Enchanting, the end, all it did was hurtafter seeing the review total of a 7.1 i was confused how it could be so low, but then i realised thats what it truly was. If i were to say minecraft was not and incredible game i would be lieing, but the key word there is WAS. Minecraft started out simple, elegant, and an amazing game. However, the turning point came with the add ons. Alchemy, Enchanting, the end, all it did was hurt minecraft. It was a game that lost its point and turned from a simple peaceful farming game into a tolkin RPG with farming element. Expand
  69. Jan 13, 2013
    After playing minecraft now for more than two years, I can finally say that the game is beginning to take a turn for the worse. The game as completely changed, and into something most people don't enjoy. One reason I am being so critical here is the change in sound whenever you hit a brick. It just doesn't feel right to hear that sound instead of the one I used to know. I just don't see aAfter playing minecraft now for more than two years, I can finally say that the game is beginning to take a turn for the worse. The game as completely changed, and into something most people don't enjoy. One reason I am being so critical here is the change in sound whenever you hit a brick. It just doesn't feel right to hear that sound instead of the one I used to know. I just don't see a point in continuing to try to change the game anymore than they already have, there is not much more they can add to improve the games mechanics and features at all. I enjoyed the days where minecraft was a game where you were not forced to eat almost all the time. Now they are making it more "realistic", which I can see makes the game more challenging. Realism also attracts more people to play the game. I am really tongue tied on this one, and I really don't have a clue what I want to say about this game anymore. It went from being excellent, to now it's starting to get boring. They need to improve it for the better instead of the worse, and they need to do it quick before they lose a lot of fans, and players. When I got a new computer, I had intentions of having a good time playing it. The worse had already happened though, it changed. I am going to give this a score that I just need to give, and I recommend giving it a try, but don't expect too much from what used to be the original minecraft. Expand
  70. Dec 22, 2012
    Is quite a bit of fun at first. Especially if played with friends but it gets old fairly quickly. Even with mods and creative mode, I didn't put any more than 20 hours with this game. I wanted to like it (many of my friends play it) but it seems the objective of the game is to build things just to look at them. That concept is fun for a while but won't keep you coming back for more
  71. Dec 16, 2012
    Good game, but not technically. The game offers a nice gameplay for the first 4 hours. Then, it becomes boring and you have to play multiplayer. Multiplayer is good, and offers some plugins feature, but it can't be a very good multiplayer, since the game isn't that competitive.
  72. Dec 7, 2012
    The best minecraft version is, hands down, 1.7. All versions above that suck. Mojang just ruined the game with RPG stuff and **** and released the game in a BUGGY STATE.
  73. Nov 29, 2012
    This game never called me, just when a friend told me to give it a try i checked it out. At the beginning i got addicted to it but after playing some hours i got bored. This game at the beginning is fun, finding your first diamond but . . . it ends soon. The good thing in this game are the constant updates and the mods made by players. I think the game is expensive for what it is. TheThis game never called me, just when a friend told me to give it a try i checked it out. At the beginning i got addicted to it but after playing some hours i got bored. This game at the beginning is fun, finding your first diamond but . . . it ends soon. The good thing in this game are the constant updates and the mods made by players. I think the game is expensive for what it is. The graphics suck ba***. The first thing i noticed is the horrible graphics that almost made my eyes suicide when i saw people actually playing this but overall is not a bad game, maybe with a little more of story and more development it could have been a great game, who knows? Expand
  74. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Minecraft is a good game, but Terraria is better. What to do after you beat enderdragon? Sit around punching creepers with a stick? It is still a good game, but I prefer Terraria more... Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2012
    Minecraft is fun and very different experience from most games, but it finds itself in a very odd position however, It finds itself in between a game and a sandbox editor. The game doesn't have much direction to it and while this is fun at first, the game gets progressively less fun when you get the hang of it. The problem is generally remedied by the numerous mods that are released forMinecraft is fun and very different experience from most games, but it finds itself in a very odd position however, It finds itself in between a game and a sandbox editor. The game doesn't have much direction to it and while this is fun at first, the game gets progressively less fun when you get the hang of it. The problem is generally remedied by the numerous mods that are released for it, but until mod support is officially implemented I cannot give the developer any credit for it. Overall, vanilla Minecraft doesn't really really have much going for it, but it serves as a great building block (no pun intended) for mods, which is where the game redeems itself. Expand
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    The FACEBOOK of level design. Facebook, and before that MySpace and web"blogs", made having your own 'webpage' available to everyone. Minecraft makes level or map design available to everyone. In the past this was limited to people who could understand the design tools for a given game. They've simplified it enough that everyone can create, and the people flocked to them, in some casesThe FACEBOOK of level design. Facebook, and before that MySpace and web"blogs", made having your own 'webpage' available to everyone. Minecraft makes level or map design available to everyone. In the past this was limited to people who could understand the design tools for a given game. They've simplified it enough that everyone can create, and the people flocked to them, in some cases not even sure why they loved this 'game' so much. Guitar Hero tapped in to that for music. The question we should each be asking ourselves is probably: what's the next creative activity that we can make so brain-dead simple, that we'll all want to do it? Because like my friend Thomas is fond of saying, "this isn't really a game, it's a system for tapping into a deep seated cognitive bias: that we all want to create."

Perhaps story writing can be simplified further. In a way, blogs, D&D, TheSims, Civilization, and Neverwinter nights have made that possible, but it isn't yet easy enough to link words, and music, and visual content. So are you going to be the next multimillionaire? Hopefully this will inspire someone.

(What shall we call it? Storycraft? BookBook? :))
  77. Sep 2, 2012
    Minecraft was a good game, when notch was developping it, he listened to fans and updated according to that, but now that he has left, he has let a drunk phyco run the game
    Really? emeralds? stupid annoying npc's and extreme lag even if the graphics are bad
    I'd say that if notch dosent get his fat- ass on that developer chair again, minecraft will go to a wonderfull and fun indie to a
    wonderfull and fun indie to a complete disaster
    im giving a 5 because of minecraft before
  78. Aug 16, 2012
    This game was revolutionary when it came out. It was original and yet retro with the basic graphics, however with later updates the game went downhill. Notch had good intentions when he started but he seems to have been corrupted by the money. The single player is fun enough to play but becomes boring somewhat quickly. Multiplayer held out some hope for this game with multiple players andThis game was revolutionary when it came out. It was original and yet retro with the basic graphics, however with later updates the game went downhill. Notch had good intentions when he started but he seems to have been corrupted by the money. The single player is fun enough to play but becomes boring somewhat quickly. Multiplayer held out some hope for this game with multiple players and plugins. The $10 beta price was amazing for this game but $30 is too much. However if you are good with computers Minecraft mods really make this game shine. They can range from fixing simple bugs, to adding new ores, mobs, blocks, and player modification. Which goes to show you that the community can make a game so much better for than the company. If you aren't good with a computer then this game is not worth it but with mods this game becomes absolutely amazing Expand
  79. Aug 6, 2012
    At first i loved this game it had a lot of potential and was overall fun either in survival or creative but i soon got bored and didn't really play it anymore i just started terrorizing the nearby villages with TNT and lava
  80. Aug 1, 2012
    Whats interesting is that in the alpha stage, I would give this game a 9 or 10, it was a masterpiece that was constantly updated with excited content that kept us coming back for more and more. Sadly though, the "finished product" lacks so much of the charm from the alpha verisons and more importanltly feels like a very unfinished product. Notch is great in a lot of ways but to me, itWhats interesting is that in the alpha stage, I would give this game a 9 or 10, it was a masterpiece that was constantly updated with excited content that kept us coming back for more and more. Sadly though, the "finished product" lacks so much of the charm from the alpha verisons and more importanltly feels like a very unfinished product. Notch is great in a lot of ways but to me, it feels like he rushed the release version for more profits which he honestly didnt need at that point and in doing so left his early fans dissapointed. The villager AI is basically non existant and I beleive they should have just been left out, it used to be you where the only humanoid in this world and that gave you a sense of that lone wolf lone survivor feel which was terrific. IF the villages had some decent AI this wouldnt be a problem but now they feel tacked on and pointless. The combat could have been so much more, but as it is, it is nothing but rapid mouse clicks, no thought AT ALL to strategy and some will argue thats not the point to minecraft but those people honestly dont realize that in a survival mode game, combat is the key element that seperates it from creative mode. Lastly, the survival mode promised since alpha was never released which was a big let down and I feel its because Notch figured he made his money from the game, why put more money into it to keep his fans happy. For alpha all of these downfalls were forgiven since hey, it was ALPHA, but for a supposedly fineshed product, it sure does not feel like one. I feel that a 7 is a fair score. Expand
  81. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Sandbox-junkies will find a lot to do, but players looking for a game with goals and objectives should steer clear.
  82. Jul 15, 2012
    My feelings for vanilla Minecraft are mixed. The huge, limitless world is stunning, and the ability to create almost anything you want is awesome. I think the best thing about Minecraft is its endless possibilities, especially when you factor in the huge assortment of mods that have been made for the game. I would rate Minecraft with mods (Technic Pack, etc.) a 9/10, but vanilla MinecraftMy feelings for vanilla Minecraft are mixed. The huge, limitless world is stunning, and the ability to create almost anything you want is awesome. I think the best thing about Minecraft is its endless possibilities, especially when you factor in the huge assortment of mods that have been made for the game. I would rate Minecraft with mods (Technic Pack, etc.) a 9/10, but vanilla Minecraft is sort of becoming a real let down, as the updates are getting fewer and fewer since the game was released and without all the cool mods, vanilla Minecraft does start to get a bit boring. However, I still strongly recommend this game for its huge potential, and as for the graphics: who cares? I am a big fan of realistic graphics, but in my opinion, anyone that would ignore a great game just because of old graphics is a fool. Besides, Minecraft with realistic graphics would need a supercomputer to play. Expand
  83. Jul 11, 2012
    Minecraft... It's spread like some plague. Every kid on the block now loves Minecraft. diamond pickaxe this an' Yogscast that. At one point, I was one of those people but now, I've lost interest.
    With update after update Mojang put in little things, from TESTIFICATES (thats what I call them now :P) to new biomes, but to be honest, It isn't enough!
    If you don't know what Minecraft is,
    If you don't know what Minecraft is, you've probably been living under a rock, but for those 3 people...
    Minecraft is an open-ended experience where you wander around a bright and colourful world composed of blocks: this is a major characteristic of Minecraft because the game allows you to break the aforementioned blocks with tools to get materials. You can then use these materials to do whatever you feel like. At first glance it looks like a boner-fide lego clone, but then you see a skeleton ride a spider, then the lego comparison goes out the window.
    The game has you survive the dangerous night-time. monsters tend to spawn in darkness so when it gets dark, they come in packs. This is where you usually start to dig undergound to find important ores like iron and coal. If you're lucky you may find lapiz lazuli of even diamond. This gives Minecraft an addictive edge. You want to find diamond, but it's rare, so you gotta dig deeper and deeper and... deeper... ugh.
    since the official release the game now has mines and strongholds underground which gives a bit of spice to going down-under: you may find labrynthene, albeit very repetitive structures that you can explore and... not much else. they are just there, with not much of a purpose.
    The graphics are simplistic, but not distractingly so. true they can be a bit boring at times, but you can always just download a texture pack to resolve that. The music is great, full of atmosphere, but I do wish that there were more tracks. what's there though is fantastic.
    Y'see, I should like this game, but after a while, I start to get really REALLY bored. there's only so much building, wandering and scouring the undergrouth for materials I can do before it really wears on me. If it didn't for you, great but Minecraft in my opinion is WAAAAAAAY over-rated. the official release doesen't have enough new content to really call it a finished game.
    I know i'm not gonna change anybody's mind, because you have already dicided: you either love or hate the game. I fall somewhere in between.
  84. Jul 5, 2012
    As a player, my feelings for this game are mixed. It was initially a fabulous game. But that was when Notch was actually doing what he said he would. This was initially an unfinished game under construction, but the construction has stopped for the most part. It takes the game devs months to come out with tiny updates, and those updates are almost always stolen ideas from the modding fanAs a player, my feelings for this game are mixed. It was initially a fabulous game. But that was when Notch was actually doing what he said he would. This was initially an unfinished game under construction, but the construction has stopped for the most part. It takes the game devs months to come out with tiny updates, and those updates are almost always stolen ideas from the modding fan base. If he's going to use the modders' idea, he should make a software that helps easily find and install good mods. Instead, he makes it as hard a possible to install a mod, for the sole purpose of stealing their ideas. Take a look at pistons. The pistons mod was out much earlier than the update. So many people are too blind to take off their nostalgia glasses and look at the reality of the game. Minecraft isn't a game. Is a foundation for the game. And the ones who are making the real game are the modders, who Notch steals from without crediting. The updates have stopped coming, he's deceiving his growing fan base, and committing theft against people who have tried their hardest to make their mark on the gaming community. Far too many people are patient with this game, though the updates don't come and it's but a shell, a skeleton yet to be fleshed out. This game doesn't even have it's basics down yet, the combat is a painful distraction to whatever you're trying to accomplish, yet the game feels empty without it. The reason for that is that the game is ,in fact empty, and the combat system is just a shroud for that. This game lacks the detail and content which thirty dollars is worth, and though I do play it, it is with many mods. This game is incomplete, yet tries to pass itself off as if it were a full game, which is nothing but horrible deception. The bias of the "Critics" is beyond demented, and it's like that for many games. Check the user reviews, understand that the critics are critics, not gamers, not players, but critics. This game is a plague on the community until Notch gets off his high horse and realises that Minecraft is still an incomplete piece of crap. Expand
  85. Jun 20, 2012
    Some interesting and fun concepts, but 27 DOLLARS! FOR 8 - BIT GRAPHICS. This game should be 10 to 15 bucks. At its current price it is a rip off. NO PS3 EDITION! this is simply unforgivable.
  86. Jun 18, 2012
    I don't like this game that much. I find that the mods are pretty bad. Most of the mods just try to make minecraft something else, like COD or left 4 dead. Thats a bad idea because 1. Minecraft is horrible with mods. 2. People can't make mods that well. Some mods are fun, but cand combine with others. Multiplayer is the only reason this game got anything over 1. Its hard to make your ownI don't like this game that much. I find that the mods are pretty bad. Most of the mods just try to make minecraft something else, like COD or left 4 dead. Thats a bad idea because 1. Minecraft is horrible with mods. 2. People can't make mods that well. Some mods are fun, but cand combine with others. Multiplayer is the only reason this game got anything over 1. Its hard to make your own server, but it is fun joining a server. Expand
  87. Syn
    Jun 10, 2012
    The first time I played Minecraft was when it was in the Alpha stage. At this time, it seemed like a very innovative and fun game; the voxel-based design along with the sandbox/survival game mode truly made the idea of Minecraft unique. Leading to Minecraft receiving critical acclaim, along with claiming the Indie Game of the Year award from IndeDB in 2010.

However, within recent years,

However, within recent years, the game seems to have not developed as well as it could have done. The game (to date) is still quite buggy. Additionally, the 'hype' which builds up
  88. Jun 10, 2012
    The game is overpriced and rated. You know, it's not nearly as good as it used to be. The community went from just small groups of PC players to 10 year old hackers and admin abusers. The developers aren't trying nearly as hard as they used to. I also don't complain or care about graphics but i got to say, sometimes it looks like **** The graphics doesn't make the game so it's not a bigThe game is overpriced and rated. You know, it's not nearly as good as it used to be. The community went from just small groups of PC players to 10 year old hackers and admin abusers. The developers aren't trying nearly as hard as they used to. I also don't complain or care about graphics but i got to say, sometimes it looks like **** The graphics doesn't make the game so it's not a big problem. 25$ is overpriced for a game that isn't very good but if you are getting it to play with a friend i recommend buying. I think the game should be $20 at most but not much you can do about it. Considering most of the PC community plays it, you should already have it but if you don't then plan on playing for a while to learn everything. Expand
  89. May 2, 2012
    A fun game when I first discovered it; I was hooked for hours on end like everyone else. Then something strange happened; when the money began rolling in the updates began faltering and became more and more unimaginative. It seemed strange to me as you would think money would spur the developers on to create better content but it didn't. Unfortunately once the novelty had wore off I sawA fun game when I first discovered it; I was hooked for hours on end like everyone else. Then something strange happened; when the money began rolling in the updates began faltering and became more and more unimaginative. It seemed strange to me as you would think money would spur the developers on to create better content but it didn't. Unfortunately once the novelty had wore off I saw the game for what it really was; a shining gem becoming more and more dulled down when people (mainly the developers) lost interest in it. Expand
  90. Apr 29, 2012
    The stress-relief and creative possibilities of Creative Mode are the real shining point of Minecraft, the game itself being only occasionally rewarding and often not worth the effort. Get it if you want to build things. If you want an actually satisfying dungeon-spelunking experience, though, Terraria is probably a better investment.
  91. Apr 25, 2012
    I love Minecraft. i love everything about it. Its simply a wonderful idea, well executed, crazy awesome fun time.

unfortunately, its not perfect. the game is still riddled with bugs, and lacking in certain gameplay elements. the combat is still more tedious and pestering instead of challenging and fun. the crafting takes some pretty good memory skills or the wiki. the occasional bug can sometimes screw up your game. but even with this, i still enjoy it plenty. graphics i don't even need to speak of. you may think they are crap, but i cant find any other game were something as simple as a texture on a block can be so iconic. you try putting the texture of the gears of war brick wall on a shirt and tell me who recognizes it. they have an unparalleled amount of charm in them, and i've played cubeivour. the exploration, mining, building and other things other than the combat are an absolute joy. but the most fun i've ever had with it was when i play with friends. no matter what your doing, be it fighting to the death, spelunking together for diamonds, or simply running around in circles (oops sorry, no circles in minecraft) they all are much more fun with your mates doing it with you.

its an experience you wont ever forget. go buy it. its worth every single penny.
  92. Apr 16, 2012
    Minecraft has a unique visual style and gameplay premise - you can do whatever you want to survive and/or create things that emulate your personality. In the core singleplayer mode you are dropped into a randomly generated infinite world. You can be what you want - be it warrior, archer or forager - but the night brings horrors in the form of monsters. This is a great start but it alsoMinecraft has a unique visual style and gameplay premise - you can do whatever you want to survive and/or create things that emulate your personality. In the core singleplayer mode you are dropped into a randomly generated infinite world. You can be what you want - be it warrior, archer or forager - but the night brings horrors in the form of monsters. This is a great start but it also confuses you and there is nothing to tell you what to do.
    Multiplayer is amazing with a group of friends. The creations and ideas that can be produced are all astounding. But, however, the confusion and the fact that there will be nothing to do sometime into your adventure creates negative points that cannot be ignored.
  93. Apr 12, 2012
    I bought minecraft from 1.26 Alpha back then it was so different from now, the feeling of danger in every corner has been lost through the updates i am still though a daily player of it and will still play it as long as i get my updates, but the lost of feeling as i described before is going to cost them the good score they had.
  94. Dcy
    Apr 9, 2012
    This game is very entertaining at first, but next it begins to be boring and minecraft was better a long time ago, everytime they do a patch, minecraft is less minecraft
  95. Apr 9, 2012
    If you had asked me during the beta and alpha stage I would have given it an 8 or 9 but now? It lost its magic for me with the addition of hunger and experience and new combat and bigger caves and mine shafts, you get the picture. Somehow it wasn't that cute little game that I found out by Good Game. It had changed in a very subtle way and it wasn't until I updated to 1.0 that I realised,If you had asked me during the beta and alpha stage I would have given it an 8 or 9 but now? It lost its magic for me with the addition of hunger and experience and new combat and bigger caves and mine shafts, you get the picture. Somehow it wasn't that cute little game that I found out by Good Game. It had changed in a very subtle way and it wasn't until I updated to 1.0 that I realised, I don't love minecraft anymore. Yes it was "better" in the fact that it had more features but it wasn't the game I fell in love with in those alpha and pre 1.8 beta stages. I remember discovering redstone and having no clue what it was, having the game minimized so that I could look up the crafting recipes on the wiki, painfully discovering only 2 diamonds and never finding anymore and eventually getting so lost and deciding that I would never find my house again. So I deleted the world. I actually felt something, that I had lost everything I had done in that world and it really mattered to me. Looking back I realise that my water trench could have been better if I had used buckets and that my infinite water reserve actually didn't work, that I could smelt the cobblestone in my house to make it stone and make it prettier and I could have probably discovered more iron and diamonds if I had dug deeper. Now days I can't stop deleting worlds because "their not quite right". RIP Minecraft I loved you and I will treasure those moments we had together but now it's time to move on. I give it a 5 for the memories that I had, but the magic that it lost. Expand
  96. Apr 8, 2012
    For me, I dislike this game very much. I can see the audience was dedicated to people under 12 years old which is fine but for people older than that it's going to be hard to like. Think LEGO but 3d world where everything consists of blocks - squares I mean. Even though it's not a final game and will probably never be it goes through continual updates, has a great and expansive communityFor me, I dislike this game very much. I can see the audience was dedicated to people under 12 years old which is fine but for people older than that it's going to be hard to like. Think LEGO but 3d world where everything consists of blocks - squares I mean. Even though it's not a final game and will probably never be it goes through continual updates, has a great and expansive community (with millions of vids on youtube) and a lot of mods! This is one of the few games that supports PC gaming and I like it for that. I might give it a low score but that's only from my perspective, my point of view based on my gameplay experience. It's in BETA still I think but for $20 and if you like creativity and building you'll be able to pick this up and enjoy it. However if your older and your only getting it 'cos your friends have it - DON'T, watch some gameplay or look at reviews and see if you'd like this game. It's very different I admit, simple albeit disappointing graphics but that's not what the game's all about and focused on, good games don't need good graphics but in 2012 there should be some improvement. On fast PC's it'll run average, the draw distance is not good and if you go somewhere too fast it'll slow down and load the rest of the area which is infinite really but it shouldn't need to, not on good PC's anyway. I think it was optimised poorly for modern day PC's and was taking old computers such as linux and XP so they'd both have a similar experience and not be disadvantaged when online - yes u can build together and destroy people's property but there's ton of hackers also which can be annoying. The fact is the game engine it runs on does not improve or run better on modern PC's it simply doesn't. Fan-made stuff is always, also good but all those new items and they can't make curved or round objects? I like squares but why not circles or spheres, also - that's the first thing that comes to mind and it needs, the game runs slow just on square objects loading, I thought that'd be added by now but all those updates and it hasn't come up - maybe they want it all square, fair enough. Right-angle camera at 90^o when turning can be annoying and some of the game loads slowly as mentioned prior to this sentence. Again textures sometimes look bad but with mods and seriously everything can be edited in this game it's just all possible but the game does hurt my eyes sometimes, I'll be honest. There are lots of things it can improve on and another would be a plot or setting or even storyline - not even, just a setting- not just a minecraft universe and something to add fan-made stuff in-game like Valve's (STEAM) own Garry's Mod - toybox mode where you can just instantly download objects and add them straight in or something. It is inventive, inituitive but does have some frustrating problems or things I see as detrimental to my playing experience or things I think shouldn't be needed to be mentioned to play. Still millions of people have claimed this game in alpha stage and once you pay your $20 at the Minecraft (MC) site you get the full game 'till it's fully finished and in it's final stage or release with all the bells and whistles - updates. To be honest this game is the best sandbox 'cos there's no boundaries, limits and you can build everything but you can't DO everything or anything for that matter. It does feel a bit akward to play sometimes and kind of a lost idea but it has been implemented brilliantly as a low-budget indie game and for what it's worth it can be fun for young gamers, it stays true to what PC games should do for fans and is a game I can't see (but is going to be) put on consoles as it's just too big and even on modern PC's has troubles because of the game engine - problem mentioned beforehand but maybe that'll be changed in the future. To make it short, this game is fun but can/can be and sometimes is over-rated. Again it's a good game and does deserve some credit for being an original game, allowing the user to create and explore and doing it in a fun and I guess some-what educational way. There's another game which has copied this design but with better graphics - sure it's good and I'd probably play it but I can't stand to see or support a game which has copied it's design completely, simply put. 'Nuff (enough) said. 7/10! Expand
  97. Mar 13, 2012
    Although I've put multiple hours into this game and even host a fairly popular server the game is made by it's modding community which Mojang has until recently ignored making it hard to install mods. For servers only server-side mods are available without using a different client which severely limits it's possibilities. If mojang let clients download mods when they join a server the gameAlthough I've put multiple hours into this game and even host a fairly popular server the game is made by it's modding community which Mojang has until recently ignored making it hard to install mods. For servers only server-side mods are available without using a different client which severely limits it's possibilities. If mojang let clients download mods when they join a server the game would be soo much better! Expand
  98. Mar 10, 2012
    This game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, butThis game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, but it's not very hard to move forward while bashing the attack button either. The graphics are bad, but in a sort of nostalgic way. For some reason, it still requires a top end computer though, because I still have framerate issues from time to time.

online play is the worst. It is literally filled with absolutely nothing but griefers.
    I have been on 10 different servers all claiming to have no griefers and yet, every single one I have been on does.

Offline play quickly becomes boring though. Once you create your masterpieces, you have no one to show it to and the game is just repetitive after a short while.

I can see why people like the game for the ability to create things, but I think there are better games out there for that. It's quite expensive for the quality you get as well. I might consider it a 5$ purchase at best.
  99. Mar 7, 2012
    I am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list isI am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list is included, however in this game it is not. A great game with some serious holes. Would recommenced this game to only people who I though would enjoy it. Expand
  100. Mar 7, 2012
    If you like horror games like President Evil then you will like minecraft. You play as man trapped in strange land, where every night zombies and monsters try to kill him. you have to fight off the zombies until daytime, when they go away and you can find food to get health back. This game have fully destructionable terrain, which is thing i like, but there are no bombs or guns to blow itIf you like horror games like President Evil then you will like minecraft. You play as man trapped in strange land, where every night zombies and monsters try to kill him. you have to fight off the zombies until daytime, when they go away and you can find food to get health back. This game have fully destructionable terrain, which is thing i like, but there are no bombs or guns to blow it up so i don't really see the point. Also, i think the daytime last to long because it kind of boring after you heal yourself since theres no zombies and nothing to do. also this game is very hard since zombies come out of nowhere behind you, i don't no why people say this game is good for beginners. i give this game 5/10 because the grafics arent so good and it gets kind of repetive. Expand
  101. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Either it was too nerdy and over my head or too boring. I stopped playing before I could figure it out. It probably just needs some hot cars with gold teeth explosions and a Disturbed soundtrack. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]