7.4

1. Nov 24, 2014
    This is the best out of all of the minecraft games. It is the original and it is always to usually the first one to get all the new updates. I say it only gets an 8 because I like games with stories and objectives and this is kind of like and endless sandbox game with difficulties and you are able to die. That's why I give it an 8 but don't get me wrong I still like this game but... I already explained it. Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2014
    Minecraft is the most creative game I ever played. In the game you can build anything anywhere and can chose creative or survive mode, and the game my look a little block but it makes it a charm. I hope Microsoft takes good care of our beloved game. It's my favourite game of all time.
  3. Nov 23, 2014
    This game is brilliant. There is something for everyone, from peaceful building servers to hardcore PvP, which makes your heart race. It's an amazing game.

If you ever get bored, you can add a mod to your game that changes everything.
  4. Nov 22, 2014
    If you happen to have a time machine handy, go back to 2010. Minecraft was at its best then. Now, in 2014, the game is flooded with content. So much so, that it's as thinly spread out as a jar of peanut butter over the Atlantic Ocean. It has too much going for it, which kills the game as a whole. It only stands up for the complete stupidity of the "vanilla" or original mode with its absolutely MASSIVE modding community. But, if your game relies on mods to attract a crowd, you might as well head on over and sign up for Roblox, you illiterate ****
    TL;DR: A depressingly **** game that killed itself over time by saturating its content to the point of complete boredom. I can't go longer than 10 minutes playing this before I realize just how interesting my ceiling looks, a sign of true boredom. Consider this a platform to hold up mods, rather than a game and you can give it a solid 6/10. But, since this is a game, 2/10, you **** RIP Minecraft, an excellent game killed by oversaturation of content and a community that somehow beats out Call of Duty in the category of ****ty **** for ****s.
    Good if you need your spoiled ****face 10 year olds to shut up, otherwise, don't recommend. Want a real sandbox? Go play DayZ or something.
  5. Nov 20, 2014
    It's very difficult to actually call a game. I think of it as more of a time-fill. Nonetheless, the simplicity yet grandness of it all is simply in a league of its own. I compare it to the Grand Canyon. Simple but vast and majestic. There is a difficult learning curve, no story obviously and a decent soundtrack. I'm glad to sit down and play something that doesn't take itself too seriously. Just viewing what some people have made over the years has boosted this game from a 6 to an 8 for me. Enjoyable, vast, epic yet lonely. Expand
  6. Nov 16, 2014
    The reason Minecraft is simply flawless is because it is a canvas for anything really. Survival Mode is constantly fun and Creative Mode is fun for building.

However, when I first began playing it, I was clueless to mods and texture packs and custom maps and the game got very boring. I eventually learned about installing them and that got me back into the game but that's just a warning
    for anyone buying the game. Also, if you find yourself bored...Technic Launcher! Expand
  7. Nov 16, 2014
    The good:
    + The game is VERY moddable. You want to make a factory? An army of minions? Be a force others would fear? Make a nuclear missile? Do advanced alchemy? How about a forcefield? Want to level up progressively and improve your skills? Tame animals? How about a fusion reactor? Or maybe you like shapeshifting. Like PvP? Find a server with rules and gamemodes of your liking. Choose
    the modpack that doesn't have the things you hate and have your perfect version of Minecraft. :P

The bad:
    - The game is written in Java - you can't have performance and a great texture pack or host a server on a low-end PC. If you want smooth gameplay on a low-end PC, you'll have to Google it and learn how to make it possible.
  8. Nov 12, 2014
    The game is just a masterpiece, creating your own building or structur, explore every dimension, battle zombies, skeleton, enderman, and many more! the thing i like the most about minecraft is the community is just creative! they build something amazing, even one of them build a full scale of denmark, A FULL SCALE!!! THE ENTIRE PLACE HAS BEEN REBUILD ON MINECRAFT!!! The only thing i hope on this game is that i wish microsoft dont destroy minecraft, i give it 10 out of 10. (have played this game for 3 years and still now) Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2014
    this gaem iz praty fin. it maiks me madd slumteims becuase piople break my hosues. its fun too kuill animals tho. i like makyng houses 4 powple cuaz i maek them owt uv drit
  10. Nov 4, 2014
    Objectively the game has always been bad. But it was still lots fun! Nowadays however, the game has gotten a lot worse and ISN'T EVEN FUN. The hunger system makes Survival Mode a chore to play. Your character starves before you even find a place to build. Want to build? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to explore? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to go spelunking? Nope, gotta find food first.
    The world generation is terrible. Back in Alpha & Beta, each world had it's own twists that made them all unique and interesting. But now, all worlds are almost exactly the same. I'm not even exaggerating. Also the color schemes in some biomes are terrible. WHY IS THE GRASS BLUEISH IN THE MOUNTAIN BIOME?!
    The sound design has gotten cringe worthy. It used to be nice to listen to, and cheesy in a good way. But now the sounds are unfittingly realistic(?) or cheesy in a bad way. NO ONE ASKED FOR REALISTIC SOUND DESIGN FOR MINECRAAFT. IT IS COMPLETELY UNFITTING TO THE GAMES STYLE. As for the sounds that are cheesy in a bad way: Who's idea was it to make the villagers sound like depressed chickens that have a cold?
    The game goes in too many different directions. It has sandbox themes, it has cartoony themes, it has adventure themes, it has survival themes, it has mythical themes. None of these coincide with eachother. It feels like a bunch of community mods were thrown together in one big package. Actually a bunch of the stuff they've added are in fact rip-offs of community mods.
    I haven't even mentioned all the bugs yet. The Alpha & Beta versions of the game were more playable than the current version.
    The game isn't optimized. Like at all. Despite the fact that it looks like it's from 1990, despite the fact that there is nothing that should be remotely hardware intensive in the game, it still runs horribly. Even if you have a perfectly up to date PC, you will still experience random FPS drops.
  11. Nov 2, 2014
    the pc verison of minecraft isn't bad its just the confusing controls and downgraded graphics compared to the console verisons its still a bit good its just harder to play on a keyboard than a controller
  12. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    I've finally fond a website where my school friends won't kill me because this game is the worst me I've ever played! Horrible game design with the lack of any tutorial, no graphics worth a damn and no character what so ever! I feel robbed of the £15 I spent on this turd!
  13. Oct 24, 2014
    I can't understand all these Minecraft haters... Hey asswads! No game is perfect! Get that through your thick skulls already! Anyway, Minecraft is one of the best, if not THE best, 3D sandbox game ever made. And before you call me a mindless fanboy, i'm not. I just like the game. If you don't like it, fine. Just don't keep pushing more and more crap talk out of your ass if you don't like the game. Sheesh. Expand
  14. Oct 23, 2014
    A truly wonderful game where you are the creator and you can build anything you want this game has been around for 5 years and its till only getting bigger. People are making YouTube Channels about his Twitch accounts. People are making mods, toys, phone cases, clothing, and its only getting bigger. They even have they're own convention. Over all this game is going down in video game history.
  15. Oct 23, 2014
    Good fun. One gets immersed for a while then it loses it's appeal. Overall it's a very intuitive idea, but if I have to mine another piece of rock I'll kill myself.
  16. Oct 20, 2014
    This game is simply awesome and the most unique. I've been playing minecraft pc for 3 years and i bought the ps3 edition last year. This game requires a good brain. You have to dig your way to diamonds, fight the ender dragon...enchant ur diamond stuff then fight the wither. Even multiplayer server are awesome. I donated to 2 of them. It's simply awesome. All i want is to make minecraft reals for free. Enjoy the unique Minecraft Expand
  17. Oct 19, 2014
    This is definitely high on my favorites list, this game is great not only because of the game itself, which is an 8 out of 10 on its own, but the mods for this game. This game has so many mods, it's only beaten by Garry's mod itself.

The main game works like this, You have three game modes: Survival, Creative and Hardcore. The ones you need to know are Survival and Creative.
    In
    Survival mode, the main goal is to collect resources during the day to be able to defend yourself at night against the enemies or "Mobs" that spawn in the middle of the night, whether that involves building a shelter, creating weapons, or just running away from them through the forest as I did my first time playing. After awhile, you can collect enough resources to learn the more advanced mechanics of the game. Like farming, potions, alternate dimension travel, and more advanced mobs.
    In Creative mode, you have every available block or item available in survival mode plus more. With the ability to create anything you want.
    In Hardcore mode, the mechanics are the exact same as in survival mode, but with exceptions. The difficulty of the game is raised to even harder than hard. If you die once, be prepared to say bye to your world, because that's all you get, one life.

the game has glitches, which everyone forgets that every game has. but I have never had anything that I couldn't fix by reloading the world.

The overall game itself is 8 out of 10, but with the mods that come out,varying to adding a new item to the game to complete overhaul of the game mechanics themselves, I'll give it a 9 out of 10.
  18. Oct 19, 2014
    Si su estética y su desarrollo fuera dirigido hacia un público mas adulto sería de agradecer. Con una cierta edad, a uno le da vergüenza jugar a esto. Los objetivos son repetitivos y aburridos, para crear algo decente hay que dedicarle demasiado tiempo.
    ¿Muchas posibilidades? Puede ser. Pero si el juego se hace aburrido pronto de que sirve.
    Un juego así pero con un enfoque adulto y real
    podría estar bien, pero no, Minecraft es un mundo de cubos aburrido e infantil. Una pérdida de tiempo, algo así como LBP pero peor. Expand
  19. Oct 13, 2014
    Very simple. One of the greatest games ever made. Simple, unique and one of the few games out there where anyone can find something to love about it. No matter what else comes out that may have had higher production value or better graphics, minecraft is a constant that will someday. if not already, be known as the single greatest open world and survival game to ever be made.
  20. Oct 13, 2014
    This game used to be good back when Notch was in charge, but now it has gone over the cliff. A fun game single-player, but often repetitive and boring as all hell.
    5/10 - Ben Hazelden
  21. Oct 8, 2014
    Not worth the purchase at all! The game is full of bugs and glitches! It wouldn't download on my PC either. The controls were easy. I don't recommend Minecraft to anybody!
  22. Oct 1, 2014
    This game has so-called terrible, blocky graphics that creates its unique atmosphere and feeling, no clear instructions of what to do because there's only your way to play it. You say it's just all about placing and breaking blocks and after few hours of play, there's nothing more. But that's not true. Minecraft is like mathematics. You dig more about it, and you'll discover more about it. There's endless beautiful possibilities. Even if you don't like survival, you can go creative. Redstone, complex buildings, and clever contraptions or trickeries... Literally endless. Expand
  23. Sep 28, 2014
    Welcome to the wonderland of blocks! Gather some wood, build you a house, and watch out for that creeper! This is the ultimate survival game where you build! Don't like to survive? Switch to creative mode, and build yourself some pixel art! Feeling lonely on your island? Set up a server or join somebody's server! Welcome to Minecraft!
  24. Sep 28, 2014
    If your into gaming, there's probably nothing you already don't know about Minecraft. Chances are you have it, played it and love it. However Minecraft is only fun if you have a vivid and strong imagination for things to create. If not then perhaps you waste your savings on the new Call of Duty. Even with 1.8 Minecraft still has a lot to do and improve. I would not say this is for everyone, there are frustrations if you don't know how to start things off. If you have the console version this won't be a problem since there is a tutorial and basically tells you the crafting recipes and points out every block you see. Don't be fooled into thinking this game is only playable on "The master race" that is PC because it isn't. But while it is undoubtedly dumbed down for players in the console version and doesn't have as many updates it is still fun and you do still get a sense of accomplishment on either really. Minecraft should at least be tried by everyone just too see what all the fuss is about then you might find yourself remembering every rule and crafting recipe in the game at three in the morning. Expand
  25. Sep 26, 2014
    Best Sand Box Game ever :) you can create your own world, your own imagination, nothing stops you, no quest to take. no one can tell you what you cannot cannot do. beat the ender dragon, make shelters, Breed cows,chickens,pigs.. , survive the night. and don't go near the creepers .
  26. Sep 25, 2014
    A well crafted indie game. It's really addicting and fun and even if you get bored of survival mode there are like a billion servers out there with different game modes and stuff. Its a lot of fun and if you don't have it already get it, its worth it.
  27. Sep 24, 2014
    Fun at first, fun for youtubers, overrated as hell, eventually only mods and plugins will make it fun. Servers if you're lucky. But guess who DOESN'T get paid? Mod, plugin and server devs. Actual game devs are lazy idiots who ride off of the success of the community and sell it to microsoft, before walking out claiming they can't handle it.
  28. Sep 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed this game.................................................................................................................................alot.. Expand
  29. Sep 12, 2014
    First Things First, I have been playing Minecraft since version 1.0.0 the full release of the game, So I have seen the game grow and the additions. In this review I will be as non-biased as possible.

Graphics

Minecraft's graphics are charming it doesn't go back to the Pac-man age nor does it go to the graphics of Call of Duty, It just looks Charming. The mobs range from looking cute
    to looking menacing, from explosive to simple. The Blocks look anywhere from "Ooh this looks interesting" to "This makes my eyes hurt so much". The lighting in the game is pretty balanced because when it's day, it's not blinding light, and when it's night, its not dark where you can't see anything.
    Graphics 7.75/10

GamePlay

Minecraft has two main modes of play. Survival, and Creative. I won't be going into creative but to sum it up, You have Unlimited Resources and you can build anything you want in Creative.

In Survival, you can break blocks, craft tools, go mining, and fend off the mobs at night time.

But in Survival you NEED to set a goal for yourself to not get bored. You can't just say "i'm going to just do whatever" halfway though your diamond hunt en devour, you need to say " I want to build a mountain into a death cave" of course that doesn't mean that you HAVE to do that before you start up your first world but you do need to get inspired to play Minecraft. Also you will need a guide of some sort, here is a link to help you survive your first night http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Beginner%27s_guide you may to read the entire thing as minecraft doesn't hold your hand.

Gameplay 8/10

Multiplayer

Minecraft in multiplayer is basically single player with friends in SMP (Survival Multi-player)
    However setting up a server can be difficult without knowing what you are doing but if everyone is on your network, you can just set your game to LAN Mode and it'll be hosted just fine.

Multiplayer 6.5/10

Community
    Ok so many avid Minecraft players may be wondering why i have not mentioned the Community in the Universe of Minecraft. Well it deserved its own segment in its reviews, basically the community is huge, with more than 16,668,090 people with the full game you bet your @$$ there is a giant community. Because Minecraft is coded in java, the game can easily be modded and even in game you can do a lot with the in game redstone. The community knows this all to well, there are Millions of servers many have custom minigames, there is SO MUCH to do in the Community. But as always there are real sticks in the mud so thats the only bad thing about the community that.

Community 9.25/10

Personal Story

When i heard about Minecraft i was very interested, i got the game for Christmas and played it so much every day. lately Mojang has had a rough time and i wanted to write this before Minecraft is just a game i own and rarely come back to. as I see the game grow and the Community, It looks like seeing your friends kid grow up, you were with them and you felt good for your friend. I remember when the premium account number was jut below 12 Million, how I felt i was part of something very giant. It pains me that something that I loved so dearly is now a mere memory for me, but, someday maybe i'll come back and see how much of a game Minecraft was to me. and how i should give it another shot.
  30. Sep 12, 2014
    As much as I hate what Minecraft has done for the gaming industry,there is no reason why you shouldn't play it.Ive spent more hours then I can count on this game,and every time I think I'm free of its clutches,I feel the need to mine one more block
  31. Sep 7, 2014
    It has infinite options for gameplay, expansion with mods for every more variety, and a social aspect via server play. What more can you want from a game? This game will define a generation.
  32. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Игра нормальная, графика пиксельная, если шейдеры установить , то будет нормально. Поддержка 3D-анаглифа это заставляет почуять другую реальность. Игра была бы отличной в России, но школота захватила и её. Особенно это Mr.Lololoshka и Frost окончательно сделали её мусором. И моды на неё тоже сделали эффект мусора( по крайней мере в России).
    [ENG]The normal game, the graphics pixel,
    if the shaders are set , you will be fine. Supports 3D anaglyph it makes you smell different reality. The game would be great in Russia, but almost captured it. This is especially Mr.Lololoshka and Frost finally made it garbage. And fashion, it also made the effect of garbage( at least in Russia). Expand
  33. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spawning in a world, punching wood, surviving the night... too destroying the ender dragon! This game is arguably the best game ever (so far) the fact that you don't just explore a world, you explore... And edit the world amazes me, and many others, that is why I give this a ten! Expand
  34. Sep 3, 2014
    Minecraft seems hard to get used to in the first place since there's no tutorial, but when you know what to do to survive in the wild, the game becomes an unforgettable experience which encourage you to do whatever you like, especially when your imagination's big!
  35. Sep 1, 2014
    according to me is minecraft the most fun and best game ever made! it's no means perfect but i have played it for more than 2000 hours and for more than 99% of the time i have had a fun time. this may not be a "game" to some regards but i have been playing this with most of my friends. the best part of the game according to me is the creative mode and me and a couple of my friends had a server dedicated to just building.

this is a good game if you like to be creative but it's not good for someone that want the game to tell you what to do.
  36. Aug 21, 2014
    Does a game have to be perfect, to be rated '10'?
    Because as innovative, creative and original Minecraft is, it's certainly not without it's flaws. A lot of flaws. I will not go over them all, because most reviews allready do this quite openly.
    But does the game really deserves to be critiziced because of it? I honestly don't think so...
    Minecraft is whatever you want it to be. It
    provides you with a feeling of freedom that a lot of other games want to make you believe you have. It's not as simple as 'just a building game', it encourages you to reflect upon yourself and see how far you can take it.
    And that's where I believe the true magic of Minecraft shines. It's not about the game anymore, it's about showing yourself and the community how creative, artistic and smart you are just by using the same blocks everyone has and placing them in a way no one has thought of yet.
    It's a social platform.
    So yes, the game has it's flaws. It can feel 'choppy', chunks can ben slow when loaded and pigs seem to be spinning all over the place and climbing trees. Also, the developers make promises that sometimes can take a long time to actually fulfill. But none of this is actually 'gamebreaking'. Simply put, none of this matters..
    It doesn't matter, because what the game does is providing you with a sense of accomplishment, all on your own. Not your ordinary 'If you complete this challenge, you will be rewarded with this' accomplishment, but the same proud you felt when you we're a kid, playing with lego's and wanting to share your creation with your parents.
    If it's a full sized replica of the Enterprise. If it's a functional working HDD. If it's an underground city where the entire community is being provided with food, shelter, safety and entertainment. You created this, you are a part of this.
    People who don't play this game will think you're wasting your time. People who do play this game will understand.
  37. Aug 19, 2014
    The game was fun at first.Now it turned into a map making tool.They dont even listen to their fans.Almost all servers are p2w.On pvp servers if you kill someone you get called out hacks and the person starts raging.There havent been any "fun" uptades for a while just snapshots.
  38. Aug 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I say this is the best game ever.

The Aim Of The Game is to survive or to create masterpieces with infinite blocks and flying.
    The Survival Is Amazing. No Comment.
    The Creative Mode Is Amazing.
    I haven't tried the HARDCORE mode but I watched videos of HARDCORE mode Survival.

I say MOJANG has made the Best Game Ever, No 1 in my BEST game list.
  39. Aug 16, 2014
    Es muy bueno ya que puedes hacer casi todo!, es malo jugar solo... pero si juegas con amigos es lo mejor muy entretenido y divertido 100% recomendado :D xD :,3
  40. Aug 13, 2014
    This "game" is way too overrated for what it really is. First of all, the price for the PC version is ridiculous - for the same amount of money, you can get a big hit game with a lot more content, better quality and better support.

Even though the price seemed too much, I wanted to give it a try. After all, I've played for quite some time the mobile versions of the game (Android and
    iOS), which were enjoyable - but priced more accordingly. I've bought the game from their online store, paid using PayPal but never got the game.

It turns out, their customer service is terrible. It took them more than a week to reply to my support request - and when they did, I got a blunt reply back. This is not the way to treat a customer.

Yes, Minecraft is a unique game - and it has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the people behind it seem to be more focused on the profits right now than on the quality.

I've only managed to play the demo version on PC which seems quite average. The graphics are nice at first, but they become annoying after a while - luckily there are plenty of mods to fix this. The performance is average - games with better graphics run a lot better on the same machine.

Despite having a very large modding community, it does not have an open API. Considering the plans for expanding into a MMO style setup (Minecraft Realms), I'm wondering what's the future of modding in a setup like this.

Conclusion: Until they decide to improve the quality of the game, to implement a better customer support system (and fix their payment service), I really cannot recommend this game, unless you're looking for trouble.
  41. Aug 10, 2014
    First of all it's very lonely game. I am talking about single-player, of course. You can't get this sense of loneliness in any other game. And for me it's very enjoyable.
    Secondly, it's beautiful game. Not talking about graphics, but style. Rain, snow, night - everything is really well-made.
    And thirdly, feel of discovery is awesome.
    Its a great game and you should at least try it.
  42. Aug 8, 2014
    Minecraft is the only game that truly has created an immersive atmosphere, and really can familiarize the character with true freedom. Minecraft is a playground, a very large playground that is waiting for you, arms wide open. And, trust me, you will NOT want to leave this playground for a long time.

Blocky, though memorable graphics will make it hard for the user to not be able to spot
    the sight of a dirt block or a diamond sword. And the sounds of breaking blocks, and the beautifully nostalgic, yet for some reason melancholy soundtrack will be stuck in your head for hours.

Minecraft is that game that comes out once in a decade. That game that truly separates itself from all others, despite how many clones may attempt to mimic it. It is a game that isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and that just makes it that much better.

43. Aug 7, 2014
    Personally I tend to the negative side of the game. Not because of the game itself, the gameplay is fine, but the childish community of the game can be very annoying. Since the game is made by straight out java (as I know), it does not allow advanced managing method of the game though Minecraft allows some simple mods. Players can destroy other's creations easily and thus you can see how grieving is so common in this game. I understand that freedom is the main aspect of sandbox games but I think the situation may become a bit too far for multiplayer in Minecraft. Expand
  44. Aug 7, 2014
    Why? Why would you play a game with so little effort? No replay value? No "Gameplay"? A game that rips off so many great games. don't buy this game! this is nothing more than a novelty item that became over hyped. if you want a game where you can unleash your creativity try the sims or simcity or an city building game for that matter. I know that all you fanboys out there are going to shred this review to pieces but I don't care. get a life. Expand
  45. Aug 3, 2014
    When I first heard about minecraft I was then playing Total Miner: Forge and thought to myself- This is the coolest creation game I have ever seen. After browsing for a while trying to determine whether or not I wanted another Total Miner lookalike I bought the beta copy of Minecraft and started playing. Within the first ten or fifteen minutes I was blown away by the size and capacity that Minecraft delivers, and awe-struck when presented with all of the builds and creatures that killed me the first night. It was amazing. Now that the complete version has been around for some time, and after quite a few add-ons and updates, its no problem for me to say that as an arcade game Minecraft will stay number one for as long as it pleases, and as for a PC game, well, it sets the bar for all open world creator genres, and has easily distinguished itself to me as being one of the top ten best video games of all time. Expand
  46. Aug 3, 2014
    If the ratio between money paid and time spent ingame was a standard for deciding if a game is good... Minecraft would unequivalently be the best. I've easily spent over 1500 hours in the MC world. The rather easy access to modding tools, MC is java based, has made the minecraft modding community a real big place. The creativity of the modders is endless. Thus making Minecraft my number 1 game for at least another year to come. Expand
  47. Aug 2, 2014
    Нудная, неинтересная игра которая по непонятным мне причинам очень популярная среди школоты и (что очень странно) среди казалось бы адекватных взрослых людей.
  48. Jul 31, 2014
    This game's only achievement is that it attempts to unite gaming with videogame making. You actually build something of your own game without having to cope with the actual making of the game. Gamers join its evolution process and this is the reason so many mods exist. It is an interesting approach, but it cannot be regarded as a game itself. Besides that, "Minecraft" is distinctive for its terrible graphics and boring gameplay. A lot of critics and gamers seem biased and do not even think that we are in 2014 and not at the beginning of the videogame industry. This overrated "innovation" is so repulsive that I'd rather install some software and make a game of my own. And they didn't even attempt a serious improvement since 2009!

For me it's up to your taste, your aesthetics and what you actually seek to get from it.
  49. Jul 29, 2014
    Why does this only have a user score of 7.4??? This is a very fun game with loads of replay value. As for the graphics, they are unique and memorable (AND SUPPOSED TO RESEMBLE 16-BIT YOU IDIOTS THAT IS THE POINT). The combat is very basic but that is not what this game is about. It is about creativity. End of story.
  50. Jul 29, 2014
    **** **** GAME! overpriced for bad graphics and quality. MY CONNECTION KEEPS GETTING LOST FROM THE SERVERS WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AND I SPENT ALL DAY JUST TRYING TO CHANGE MY **** SKIN. I GAVE UP TOO CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH A STUPID STEVE SKIN. I TRIED TO LOG IN ON THE WEBSITE BUT IT KEPT SAYING USERNAME OR PASSWORD WRONG. WHEN I RESET THIS PASSWORD IT KEPT SAYING THE SAME THING. FOR **** SAKE, PS3 IS WAY BETTER, PC IS A LOAD OF UNEEDED STRESS!!!! MOJANG SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  51. Jul 27, 2014
    Holy god, I haven't played a game this good in quite a few years. I first played the game in March, and got hooked in June this year. I must say, this is a truly remarkable game, and I say it replaces New. Super Mario Bros WII. for the spot of 2nd best game of 2009, with Plants vs Zombies at 1st. Within the game, you can gather resources, slay animals/monsters, mine, craft, and most importantly: BUILD. Also, if you find the game too easy or hard, just lower/raise the difficulty level, as there are many to choose from. Great game, and people who don't like it due to lack of SHREK are truly dumb. Expand
  52. Jul 21, 2014
    Minecraft is a great sandbox survival game in single player mode and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever which can be modded to enhance its greatness enough said, buy it now
  53. Jul 20, 2014
    Arguably, Minecraft is the best video game of all time. The idea is so simple yet so brilliant. A 3D block-based game. in which you can survive, and build anything you could possibly imagine. I find it brilliant because it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you perform the most mundane of tasks, like when you smelt your first iron bar, all the way to defeating the Ender Dragon. Obviously, the game is always better with friends, which gives you the option of making combat and adventure maps for you and your friends to enjoy. A lot of people say the game has gotten worse as updates have occurred, but I believe it has just increased the game's depth. Minecraft truly holds a place in my heart, simply for how undeniably spectacular it is. Expand
  54. Jul 14, 2014
    **New Review**

Okay hmm, where to start. Well, minecraft is a fun, openworld game with lots of possibilities. Server developers and modders seem to do more work than the actual game developers. The AI is laughable, because modders can make massive, scaly dragons or gigantic pumped zombies. The supposed 'creator' of this game spends more time on vacation than he works. I myself own a MC
    annual 2014, and the mojang people have a pinball machine which they spend more time on. They think themselves cool but really their not. Minecraft is a amazing game, which has skyrocketed in sales. But "Notch" promised things he couldn't deliver, such as a CTF. After the game was released, he basically dumped the game on Jens (or Jeb). The only reason I play this game is because of the mods and servers people make. Minecraft Singleplayer gets incredibly boring. While minecraft mod makers can produce a mod in two days, BAM you have massive dragons, fire breathing trolls, a brand new varirety of weapons, food, tools, ores and even a portal gun! But the developers keep us every time we log onto minecraft staring at that same screen, the same screen all the time. The only ever updates they produce are bug fixes. They promise a amazing "1.8" but they just keep adding and adding and most people won't be able to support their game. Surprisingly, you need a pretty good computer to run the good parts of minecraft, such as Amplified, servers and a Custom World. If you want to have a bit of fun, then I would defiantly recommend this game. But for the hardcore gamer, this isn't for you. Expand
  55. Jul 7, 2014
    A frightening good example on just how popular something simple can get. Minecraft has laid out the groundwork for the booming indie industry we know today but unfortunately, It haven't really aged as well as I hope it would have.

Mods are being produced a hundredfold times faster than the actual standard game, be it the automated industry mining mod or the dozens of graphic mods that
    causes a game consisting of huge clunky squares look like Crysis, the developers themselves seem to keep falling more and more behind as the producer (Notch) distances himself more and more from the title as the community continues to have an far-above majority population consisting of little, impulsive school children. Expand
  56. Jul 6, 2014
    Minecraft is a game were you have only 10 minutes until dark. This game was created by Notch and developed by Jeb (Short form for Jens Bergensten). this is a great and awesome game. hope you enjoy this game
  57. Jul 1, 2014
    The vanilla game is great, but after a few weeks you get bored of it.
    The mods are where its at.
    There are literally hundreds of mods that you can play to keep you into the game.
    the only problem is that its hard to install mods at this time.
  58. Jun 28, 2014
    Innovative, educattional and original, Minecraft is seen by many as one of the best PC games in existence. As I am relatively new to Minecraft, - having joined the community just after the 1.3 update - I have noticed how it has grown and, because it is constantly in development, how it has improved since my starting moments. Being a nerdy type of person, I enjoy playing with the game's coding, as it is extremely educational. However, for the less computer knowledgeable people it is very user-friendly and easy to use but hard to master. In conclusion, Minecraft is a great game and I strongly recommend that you buy it. Expand
  59. Jun 28, 2014
    The Good:
    Minecraft is one of the most innovative games of all time, the amount of customization a player can do in his/her minecraft world is amazing. Not to mention the sheer amount of player-created content such as mods and adventure maps that this game offers. The player models are easy to customized and there are tens of thousands to find online. There is never one way to play
    minecraft as players have come with their own game modes such as: Survival Games, Factions, and classic vanilla. It is also fairly easy for anyone to start their own minecraft server with the right budget. The development team is also always working on future content so there isn't too much concern about this becoming a dead game in the future.

The Bad:
    A majority of the player base are either younger players or straight up immature. The game play can become a bit repetitive and dull even with all of the different game modes.
  60. Jun 27, 2014
    I have very mixed opinons about this game. when I first got it, I got sucked into server play. then I tried the singleplayer and I got thru 1 hour before falling asleep. this game has amazing multiplayer because of servers and stuff but I never play splayer. and I got bored of the game . after a few months. now I only play it because of mods but that doesn't count as the real game. if you don't have minecraft then I'm fine with that and I only recommend it for the mods and the multiplayer servers. also if you want a fresh take on a mining game (that is not nearly a rip-off of minecraft) you should try terraria if you can enjoy a 2D game. oh yeah, also minecraft only has 2 bosses which gets really old quick. mojang please add more to this game to make it be worth 28$. or just lower the price. Expand
  61. Jun 26, 2014
    I think Minecraft suffers from a player's expectations. It's an open world sandbox game, which means that it has no well-defined objective. So many players will find it hard to consider it a "game" at all.

The only obvious requirement is that you survive. And honestly, you hunt down a few pigs, dig a hole in a wall, and you have that covered. So it's critical to use your sense of
    adventure, and set out to see all that the game's world has to offer. And it has some incredibly beautiful, though blocky, scenery! Expand
  62. Jun 24, 2014
    A very nice game in a voxel based world.It features offline and multiplayer modes. It is pretty much a game of life where you mine and craft and farm and explore. It is a pretty good game but it is definitely over priced. I have the game from a gift card from a friend, but I would not pay $27 USD to play this game. And it is also overpriced on android and apple devices and consoles too.
  63. Jun 22, 2014
    A great survival game, although the graphics are not high quality, graphic is not everything in a game is an infinite game, you have to make some achievements, but you be creative, and you can even create a goal to win.
  64. Jun 22, 2014
    How could you call Mine craft not fun? When I first tried it out, I never knew that using your imagination and putting it into a game could be so much fun. From there, I wanted to learn more: how red stone works, how to build a TNT cannon, etc. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you know what you're doing, Mine craft is extremely addicting. Also to add on to the fun are mods and server plugins. They make Mine craft just very addicting, like a chewy cookie. This game is underrated by so many people, don't listen to them: they don't know what a good game is like. Expand
  65. Jun 15, 2014
    If I could only play 3 games for the rest of my life. Minecraft would be 1st. It is without a doubt a top of the world game! You have endless possibilities. Endless. I've been playing Minecraft for 2 years, And I'm still not done. When I showed my brother Minecraft he was convinced he would hate it. Now he plays 24/7 (Just like me.) My 3 sisters, 1 brother, Uncle, And ALL my friends have been introduced to Minecraft by me. And LOVED it. This is THE game. Expand
  66. Jun 11, 2014
    Ehh i have to say this game was PERFECT until 1.8 patch. The added all RPG and **** stuff wich completly destroyed the feeling of minecraft. It was a great, simple and FUN game. Now? It's stupid, boring and completly not fun game..
  67. Jun 11, 2014
    Minecraft is pure enjoyment packed in a pixelated world. The fact that you can explore an endless world, and build almost anything, out of anything, is a wonderful thing.
  68. Jun 6, 2014
    They are wasting my time, as a server owner, trying to get all my plugins ready for the UUID change, they have been planning this for over 2 years now, and it takes 2-3 months, and there is no update still, the community is also falling in the gutter.
  69. Jun 5, 2014
    I loved this game when I first started playing in 2010. I've had lots of fun with it, and it's a great game. It WAS, that is. My interest towards this open world game started decreasing, as it's now monotonus and overplayed on YouTube. I've resided to making Custom maps and Statues.
  70. Jun 4, 2014
    Minecraft is a well-crafted masterpiece with many features, an expansive world, and unrivaled replayability. However, a lack of a built in tutorial, button-mashing combat,, repetitiveness, and lack of balance undermine (pun not intended) the gameplay experience. Overall, it is a game worth buying, though some issues still show beyond its hype.

First, the good. It has in-depth features,
    such as a huge branching crafting system, a smelting system, and a brewing system for potions (in game items that can give players, NPC's and enemies buffs and debuffs), and a fun, but not necessarily advanced, enchanting system.

The expansive worlds allow the player to explore and build huge structures. The full PC version (not the classic or console versions) has an infinite world to explore, exploit, and build in. The world generation algorithm creates diverse worlds, with everything from mountains to oceans. Every world is unique, and the ability to choose and share the world generation "seed", or the code that starts the random number generator in the generation algorithm, allows players to find their perfect world.

The game also has unrivaled replayability, as every game is different, with different worlds and different approaches, this game can get you glued to your chair for hours. Different game modes (the creative, survival, and hardcore modes) allow you to choose how to play the game, whether you want to go into god-mode and build huge castles, or survive in a wooden cabin with limited materials.

However, the issues start becoming apparent as you start playing the game. The lack of a tutorial results in your first few hours of gameplay being just "How do I do this again? I have to go online and search on a fan-made website, again!" ad nauseam.

The melee combat is simple and limited to button mashing. Newer updates have made changes, such as "critical hits". a game mechanic where the damage done increases slightly if the player jumps before hitting the enemy, but the melee combat is still somewhat repetitive, in my opinion.

Despite its replayability, it still becomes repetitive over time, as you spend a lot of your time digging huge tunnels to find that one more diamond you need to make a new tool.

The game also has a complete lack of balance. Coal and iron are supposed to be the most common underground minerals in the game, as they are low and medium tier items respectively, but I frequently find stacks of redstone (a high-tier item) before I even find any coal, when digging underground.

In conclusion, while minecraft is a worthy buy, with many features, an expansive world, and replayability, issues, such as a lack of a built in tutorial, button-mashing combat,, repetitiveness, and lack of balance seriously ruin the gameplay.
  71. May 31, 2014
    Good things: insane modability provides a great amount of content, multiplayer on MMO-scale on some servers, total creative freedom, entire worlds to explore and conquer with friends/enemies
    Bad things: It does get stale after a long time of playing it, the combat system sucks

If you buy it check out multiplayer, this is what pumps up the score, survival is only a small part of this
    delicious cake. Expand
  72. May 27, 2014
    Possibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think this has lots to do, it hasn't compared to GMod (Garry's Mod) Expand
  73. May 27, 2014
    Minecraft is a combination of a game and a basic 3D modeling tool. The possibilities are literally endless here, and that's what makes this such a success.

I'll talk about the "Game" part of it first. Some people on Metacritic have criticized the game's Survival mode for being "forgettable". Those people definitely didn't play multiplayer. Minecraft, in any mode, is way more fun with
    friends. Either host your own game server, which you can download from the game's website, or join one of the many public community servers. Most of these servers are multi-world and offer a little bit of everything Minecraft has to offer. Setting up a server takes a bit of tech knowledge, but it only gets confusing if you're trying to run the server with mods or plugins.

The combat in Minecraft is very basic. This part definitely could have been better. No matter what the enemy's preferred method of attack is, the combat of the player in Minecraft is nothing but "hit it with a sword until it dies", which can still be surprisingly intense when you're defending your home from the infamous creepers- silent, stealthy enemies that approach the player and explode, damaging the surrounding environment.

And of course, that's the entire point of Minecraft- the editable environment. You craft tools and use them to dig or mine blocks, which can be blocks of dirt, stone, and even man-made or crafted materials like wooden planks and glass. The survival mode requires you to use tools to break blocks, while the game also features a creative mode, where players don't have to worry about enemies, and can access infinite amounts of any block and break them instantly, using this mode to create massive intricate building designs. Some even create pixel art using the various colors of wool block.

The game's controls and mechanics- the inventory system and hotbar- are easy to learn on-the-fly. You'll be mining and crafting within minutes of creating your first world. Crafting in Survival is lacking something very important, however, and this is something that's bugged me about Minecraft since day one- there is no crafting tutorial! Games that use crafting systems usually tell you what items you need, but in Minecraft, not only do you have to know what items you need to craft, but you also need to know how to arrange them- a fact that's completely ignored by the game. Someone who's picking this up for the first time either experiments and screws around until he/she finally learns how to make a crafting table, or looks on the wiki for crafting recipes.

The game is still constantly being updated and new content is being added. Bugs are still present, though they fix loads of them in every update and none of them are game-breaking. All in all, if you've got a creative mind and haven't picked up this game yet, you really should. It'll suck away hours of your time, but it's totally worth it.
  74. May 21, 2014
    ok, I am a die-hard Minecraft fan, I am part of the community and I even do a lot of vids on minecraft. But, I can't say minecraft is flawless, and I'm going to give my honest review.

Minecraft is a great game, and it is a truly open world sandbox, where your minecraft world ends with you. This Game is definitely a mark in video game history, and I hope this game leads to new ideas for
    future sandbox games. First, I'll start with survival. My first time, like most new players, was rough. Minecraft kind of puts you in the wild and says "you're on your own, have fun". But that's not that bad, it adds a bit of the charm to the game, and that there is lots to learn to do, and aim for. It also introduces you to the minecraft community, as you rely on it to learn more about the game, and how to play it. I'll talk more about the MC community later, as it plays a big role in the game. As you learn more and more, you explore your world, survive ravage nights, and build whatever you can imagine. Minecraft life will have many things to do, make, or explore. this review was made in ver 1.7.9, and there is a point where you have done it all, and once you've explored the game inside and out, the game starts to lose steam, the game-play isn't that interesting past that for the most part. Then there is creative mode, where you are invincible, and can build (or destroy) with few limits.

now, back to the community. The minecraft community is the absolute best, and really works hand and hand with the game to make it bigger and better, in a way I have never seen in any other game. if you have a decent amount of tech smarts, or look up tutorials, there you will really get the full effect of the minecraft community's mark on the game, and get more out of the game when you've explored it all. First off, the I am so impressed by what, amateur developers that loved the game, created in the minecraft community. There is like a mod for Freaking everything; shooting kamehameha's, guns, weapons from RWBY, SAO, KH, etc, Pokemon, magic, npcs, superpowers, bosses battles, alternate dimensions, you name is, it's most likely a mod for it, and will being the game to life. In addition, there are also resource packs to change the look and feel of the game. and Many maps custom maps; from an epic adventure map (most likely made by Hypixel), a survival world with the creators flare, recreations of other things or places, or just an awesome looking thing someone built. Don't even get me started on multiplayer server, minigames and stuff. Even outside of gameplay, youtubers have made minecraft so popular, and really something that people enjoy.

Now here comes the sad part of this review. The flaws of minecraft. The wonderful things the minecraft community brings to the game will keep you entertains for a long time, but it also starts to die. Minecraft's huge gaping hole that keeps it 2 points away from a 9/10 is the gameplay. Im sorry, but you the battle mechanics are pretty... eh, and just barely passes as enjoyable. Way you move, the way you fight, and just the way your character performs, it's just... ok.... it passes, and it wouldn't take away from the minecraft experience, but once it's you've explored everything, and you've exhausted your creativity, tried many mods, the game dies there. Gameplay is an important part of if you would come back to the game, and a game like this can't be played for a plot. but another point was deducted for the way the game is being improved. as more and more updates have come out, less and less is actual added. The updates just aren't giving me anything to return to the game to do something new.These flaws will not affect new players, but more players that have played minecraft for a while. If this ever changes in future versions, I would gladly give this game a 8/10, maybe even a 9/10. It hurts me that I had to give this game 7/10, but, I just can't go any higher.

overall, you will love Minecraft, and if you're a gamer, get this game. Let your imagination and exploration run free. And a tip, take shelter before the sun sets in the game, because the night is evil.
  75. May 17, 2014
    Now, let me make this clear, I don't HATE minecraft, as it is a VERY well made game!
    but the real problem lays within the community. Sure, the mods are fun, and I spent quite a while
    playing M.C.A. or minecraft comes alive But when XBOX players criticize a port thats NOT on XBOX for not being on XBOX (and not even trying it), and your community starts going on a rampage of calling
    everything a "ripoff" and not giving poor devs a chance, even if their game is very original or good in its own ways, I'm done. Minecraft is fun, and multiplayer CAN be fun, but I'm not so sure your game is safe when you have a pirated version out there donning the title "minecraftSP" for free, I have a bad feeling.
    5 OUT OF 10 FOR THE COMMUNITY, 8 OUT OF 10 FOR THE GAME.
  76. May 16, 2014
    Best game ever! This game is amazing! I love that you can play on servers, yet play alone. You really need to play Minecraft. It is an amazing game that I love, along with my friends. I play it on PC & PS3. GET MINECRAFT! You won't regret it!
  77. May 15, 2014
    its 10/10 because of this: i know many games have the same, but if you think Minecraft tried to copy, NO! they copied minecraft. Imagination, a thing all human needs to learn. in here you can do MAAANY **** for example: so much **** i don't know how many but its amazing, you have to play a few weeks until finding something amazing, some reviews says: nothing useful for now. the game has a story, but its not the point, the "un-useful" is what you need to set your imagination free. more fun playing at Multiplayer, servers:
    Hide N Seek (Prop Hunt without Shooting)
    Hot Potato (RUN FROM THE GUY THAT HAS A EXPLODING POTATO!!! he will hit you, and it stays with you, you cannot drop it, if it explodes in someone, well **** if you exploded, YOU LOSE!)
    Parkour (THE MOST RAGING THING and one of the most fun ones of Minecraft.)
    and many others.
    Mods are made for....
    Additional Things, so you can set your imagination even more free.
    Garry's Mod will set your imagination free at maximum, but Minecraft is Imagination for Childs, and Garry's Mod for Adults. i recommend it, and hey "MINECRAFT HATERS HO ONLY PLAYED 10 **** MINUTES" well, play it more and you will enjoy it, i hope you will.
  78. May 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a sandbox - survival game consisting of you making your own story, branching your own path and making your own choices. This game is fun mostly whilst playing with your friends and online. Without those features, the offline is boring and lonely, which is sad as I have seen people who make videos of Minecraft offline with or without modifications have so much fun which makes no sense to me. Now for the gameplay features, it is simplistic which I like. You punch blocks to make blocks, to make tools to get better blocks. The bosses are boring however and require nothing else but SHOOT THE THING and the AI is ok. The enemies are intelligent enough and the friendly creatures are responsive to you killing them. The graphics aren't next generation but are stylised with the game and getting a graphics modification ruins the feel so don't. However it runs like crap as it uses Java script as the coding language and it really isn't ideal with making three dimensional games with such expansiveness. As of bugs, the only ones I see are shading errors and generation problems but overall a good built game, and I am not surprised as of how many people actually play this game and bug report.

Overall this game is good and I see appeal to those who want to play games that are expansive and simple and I find it OK. 7/10
  79. May 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. for 2 years this game has been in development. For years i have been waiting to play this game and just last year i finally got the chance to do so. When i first played it i found it to be very addictive and very fun. The ability to get past the limit is amazing. In DBZ you cant leave your fighting area but in this game you can. In Sonic you cant build a house but here it is the opposite. The free roaming and how you have to find things is really fun and i recommend this game to anyone who is looking forward to play a game that takes place in a forest. That is why my final verdict for this game is a 99 out of 100. Expand
  80. May 10, 2014
    Minecraft is indeed a good game, but I would not say a masterpiece. In my opinion, it come as a light in a bad age of games, it came right when those repetitive first-peron shooters were dominating the market. Minecraft emerged as an alternative to those who don't like these games.

I guess it's an insult to all other games to say that minecraft is the best game ever - However, I think
    it's the most striking game from the present.

Well, to explain these paragraphs I will make a list of the bad/good points from Minecraft:

GOOD POINTS
    - Creative game with thousands of possibilities;
    - Different and unique graphics;
    - Classic music which fits in the game;
    - A very good platform to mod and make plugins for;
    - Runs on any PC (on lowest settings);
    - A quite good multiplayer;
    - Hollow (and sometimes dark) atmosphere;
    - Several large and mysterious worlds to explore.

BAD POINTS
    - Poorly coded, with much lag;
    - Poorly detailed graphics (the game couldn't improve them a bit more without losing its style);
    - Bad sound effects;
    - Many non-sense addons (since the official release);
    - Have a lot of bugs;
    - A game with no point, nothing to do... You get sick of it quickly (unless you start playing in servers full of plugins (or mods). But that's not the game content);
    - Non-sense ending! A dragon WTF?! There could be a truly explanation (and end) for a square-ish world! And it could be more original and less cliché;
    - Several features that Notch promissed to include not included;
    - Despite being a light game, when on high settings runs only in NASA pcs (and have not "that" good graphics);
    - Barely made GUI;
    - It could have missions, portraying the story of herobrine, but NO, it's just a **** non-sense sandbox!
    - It could be a lot better than it was, enjoying a lot more its features (that have no purpose).

So that's it. For who overrate this game, that's my opinion...
    Loving minecraft is like loving water in a desert. It's not because of its "awesomeness", but because the other bad and boring games we have today.
    Who don't play anyother game, try a truly good one (such Age of empires, C&C, Total annihilation, etc) before saying **** ("MINECRAFT IS THE BEST GAME EVER"). There you see that MC isn't a so good game.

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IMN'T A FLUENT SPEAKER XD)
  81. Apr 29, 2014
    Had this game since Alpha, and it truly is a masterpiece. I've sunk many hours into this game, as each time you play it, it's a different experience. The amount of things you can create and explore are uncountable. A true work of art. Simple yet efficient.
  82. Apr 27, 2014
    It's EXTREMELY OVERRATED. It's REALLY freaking boring. The only time I have ever played is online and it gets boring after a couple of hours. It's really a crappy game.
  83. Apr 23, 2014
    This game is good, because its unique.

Its good because of its creativity, it goes on forever, you can build whatever you want, or even build multiple things, making this game fairly time-consuming and a hell-of fun. It never ends, so you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Also, Multiplayer is also fun, as people make great and fascinating games to play with plug-ins,
    commands, and more. making MineCraft endless fun.

The only bad part about it is the community, which isn't even the game's fault, but kids are rude all around in the MineCraft community, making the game have a semi-turnoff.

Besides that I have fun with the game. It is addicting and time and is a joy to play!
  84. Apr 21, 2014
    MInecraft has always been an awesome game but with the latest updates it has only been getting worse.
    The game gives you hours of gameplay, this is a must play game for every type of gamer.
  85. Apr 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game which brings back memories from the 70's-80's. This game has revolutionized gaming. This game started off with noone playing it but now nearly everyone plays it. Players have modified it with Mini Games which is great. It has also given many Youtubers lot's of money including BajanCanadian etc. The multiplayer is really fun with 1000's of people owning servers there's shortage no choose from. Also the singleplayer is pretty fun too! I would recommend this game to anyone who is imaginative. Overall I give this game a 9/10 for a load of fun mini games and for being very addictive! Expand
  86. Apr 15, 2014
    I like this game because you can build everything what do you want...But there is just one problem...It's a block game I prefer realistic graphics ...
  87. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am ANGRY at all you negative reviewers out there, you overlook the influence on culture these days of Minecraft, comparing it to other games (BTW I am looking for the perfect game which you will find my Qualifications in the Profile) This has by far been the Crown Jewel of My PC games, It is near my perfect game standard and it is the closest one there. Also about it's influence on culture, this game has truly defined the true basic principle of open-ended games, I believe it even has created it's own genre. And other than that I believe you negative reviewers never even tried to venture within the game itself, you didn't even bother to look at the wiki, it may be buggy however it 's Success overshadows it's flaws. And by the way did you even care to look at modding this game? This game for me, has an almost infinite number of mods out there, so the game is extremely flexible. And by the way have you seen Terraria? If you like the game and you review this negatively, then you know what? Terraria was inspired By MINECRAFT. So in my view this game belongs with the great historic games, which have forever changed the world, and if you ask me, Minecraft has begun it's own gaming generation CONVERSATION OVER, PERIOD. Expand
  88. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be very fun at 90% of times but when it is not it gets kind of boring, but like I said It is a very great game with all the new mini games and other things. I will say this I miss minecraft back then by back then I mean 1.2 after 1.2 it kinda went down by minecraft will always be a special game to me and it was 1 of the first pc games I bought and played even to this day I still play it and there graphics are pretty decent, so this game deserves a good rating! :) Expand
  89. Apr 12, 2014
    I have spent more time in and had more fun in this game than many other games, but eventually, I find, that you will lose enjoyment. You will try to cover this up with modifications or even modules, but eventually, your interest will collapse. You may revisit it in the future, but your enjoyment will never be as great or as extensive as it was initially. This is why I have given it an 8. I have loved this game, but no longer do... although when I loved it, it was one of the best computer experiences of my life, and I applaud that. Expand
  90. Apr 10, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game that never ends. You can be building houses in creative mode or trying to slay in ender dragon in survival. The possibilities are endless. My favourite part has to be making houses in creative mode though.
  91. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  92. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  93. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  94. Apr 4, 2014
    My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play. Survival games. "PVP." The only two activities they enjoy on this game. Most people only like Minecraft because it's the only game they have. I got my friend Garry's Mod, AND HE NEVER PLAYS IT! WHEN HE DOES, HE DOES FOR FIVE MINUTES, THEN GOES AND PLAYS "SURVIVAL GAMES"! I could rant and rave all day about this game, but I'm tired and going insane from my Minecraft player friend. Expand
  95. Apr 2, 2014
    Minecraft us a fun game, in the beginning after a while it really begins to loose it's charm. It also irritates me that Mojang (the creators of minecraft) could make an AWESOME game out of This by wedding simple bit fun changes (making blocking effective, more types of armor/weapons and USEFULL NPC's) but instead they add carpets....
  96. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow, this game really restricts your creativity. I mean, all you can make are giant penises. I haven't jerked off in about two years because I'm so sick of seeing penises. I'm even afraid of my own penis now. I haven't changed pants in about ten years. Well, I guess I'm gonna go play some DickCraft. See ya big boy.
  97. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  98. Mar 27, 2014
    After a while it grows on you a bit, plus everyone was telling me how great the building aspect of it is when I'm more into the adventure and mining of it. Although it still seems like the fans are the ones that carried this game...
  99. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  100. Mar 19, 2014
    A game that challenges you in one thing, and one thing only: creativity. With straight-forward combat, the only thing threatening is the environmental hazards (lava, long falls), surprise attacks from enemies (which can contribute to environmental hazards) and letting yourself being overwhelmed. The game can grow stale in many cases if you do not set yourself a goal, or if there is nothing to set a goal for you. This is where the community comes in.

Vanilla Pros:
    -Gives you a starter point so you understand the game
    -Tests you to for creativity
    -Marvelous things can be constructed and adventure maps can be made interesting through the use of redstone
    -The lego-style and blocks make building fairly simplistic

Vanilla cons:
    -No tutorials
    -Rather boring if you cannot set goals for yourself
    -Lonely on single player... and especially annoying with squidward villagers

Multiplayer + Community pros
    -PvP adds a nice adrenaline rush with traps, stalking and shadowing your prey
    -Mini-game community servers (such as the core server or the hive server) add lots of fun and randomness
    -the modding community allows for interesting mods, whether you want a challenge, something interesting, a slightly easier kind of game play, or simply a different look to the game

community cons:
    -like all games, idiots exist in the community and trolls are common. (known as griefers)
    -PvP can leave you depressed if you're not part of a community server and start out immediately, as people with plenty of diamonds and enchanted gear can kill you just as you try cooking iron
    -Server finding is rather irritating and LaN (local area network) server finding is unreliable

General game pros:
    -Still getting updates
    -Creativity is constantly improving
    -allows for useful applications in real life (Minecraft Teacher is an outstanding example)

General game cons:
    -Without creativity or ambition, the game makes you feel rather mindless and can turn stale
    -major updates (such as new biomes) can force you to abandon everything you've done on a different world to start from scratch on a new world for the content
    -resources can be tedious to obtain, especially diamonds (insanely rare sometimes) and obsidian (takes ages to mine)
  101. Apr 9, 2012
    If you had asked me during the beta and alpha stage I would have given it an 8 or 9 but now? It lost its magic for me with the addition of hunger and experience and new combat and bigger caves and mine shafts, you get the picture. Somehow it wasn't that cute little game that I found out by Good Game. It had changed in a very subtle way and it wasn't until I updated to 1.0 that I realised, I don't love minecraft anymore. Yes it was "better" in the fact that it had more features but it wasn't the game I fell in love with in those alpha and pre 1.8 beta stages. I remember discovering redstone and having no clue what it was, having the game minimized so that I could look up the crafting recipes on the wiki, painfully discovering only 2 diamonds and never finding anymore and eventually getting so lost and deciding that I would never find my house again. So I deleted the world. I actually felt something, that I had lost everything I had done in that world and it really mattered to me. Looking back I realise that my water trench could have been better if I had used buckets and that my infinite water reserve actually didn't work, that I could smelt the cobblestone in my house to make it stone and make it prettier and I could have probably discovered more iron and diamonds if I had dug deeper. Now days I can't stop deleting worlds because "their not quite right". RIP Minecraft I loved you and I will treasure those moments we had together but now it's time to move on. I give it a 5 for the memories that I had, but the magic that it lost. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]