7.4

1. Sep 19, 2014
    it's okaaaay cause it smell bad and who ever mojang sold 2 amazon they dumb bro so hola at them black avatars bro yolo swag #420.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  2. Sep 12, 2014
    First Things First, I have been playing Minecraft since version 1.0.0 the full release of the game, So I have seen the game grow and the additions. In this review I will be as non-biased as possible.

Graphics

Minecraft's graphics are charming it doesn't go back to the Pac-man age nor does it go to the graphics of Call of Duty, It just looks Charming. The mobs range from looking cute
    to looking menacing, from explosive to simple. The Blocks look anywhere from "Ooh this looks interesting" to "This makes my eyes hurt so much". The lighting in the game is pretty balanced because when it's day, it's not blinding light, and when it's night, its not dark where you can't see anything.
    Graphics 7.75/10

GamePlay

Minecraft has two main modes of play. Survival, and Creative. I won't be going into creative but to sum it up, You have Unlimited Resources and you can build anything you want in Creative.

In Survival, you can break blocks, craft tools, go mining, and fend off the mobs at night time.

But in Survival you NEED to set a goal for yourself to not get bored. You can't just say "i'm going to just do whatever" halfway though your diamond hunt en devour, you need to say " I want to build a mountain into a death cave" of course that doesn't mean that you HAVE to do that before you start up your first world but you do need to get inspired to play Minecraft. Also you will need a guide of some sort, here is a link to help you survive your first night http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Beginner%27s_guide you may to read the entire thing as minecraft doesn't hold your hand.

Gameplay 8/10

Multiplayer

Minecraft in multiplayer is basically single player with friends in SMP (Survival Multi-player)
    However setting up a server can be difficult without knowing what you are doing but if everyone is on your network, you can just set your game to LAN Mode and it'll be hosted just fine.

Multiplayer 6.5/10

Community
    Ok so many avid Minecraft players may be wondering why i have not mentioned the Community in the Universe of Minecraft. Well it deserved its own segment in its reviews, basically the community is huge, with more than 16,668,090 people with the full game you bet your @$$ there is a giant community. Because Minecraft is coded in java, the game can easily be modded and even in game you can do a lot with the in game redstone. The community knows this all to well, there are Millions of servers many have custom minigames, there is SO MUCH to do in the Community. But as always there are real sticks in the mud so thats the only bad thing about the community that.

Community 9.25/10

Personal Story

When i heard about Minecraft i was very interested, i got the game for Christmas and played it so much every day. lately Mojang has had a rough time and i wanted to write this before Minecraft is just a game i own and rarely come back to. as I see the game grow and the Community, It looks like seeing your friends kid grow up, you were with them and you felt good for your friend. I remember when the premium account number was jut below 12 Million, how I felt i was part of something very giant. It pains me that something that I loved so dearly is now a mere memory for me, but, someday maybe i'll come back and see how much of a game Minecraft was to me. and how i should give it another shot.
  3. Sep 12, 2014
    As much as I hate what Minecraft has done for the gaming industry,there is no reason why you shouldn't play it.Ive spent more hours then I can count on this game,and every time I think I'm free of its clutches,I feel the need to mine one more block
  4. Sep 7, 2014
    It has infinite options for gameplay, expansion with mods for every more variety, and a social aspect via server play. What more can you want from a game? This game will define a generation.
  5. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Игра нормальная, графика пиксельная, если шейдеры установить , то будет нормально. Поддержка 3D-анаглифа это заставляет почуять другую реальность. Игра была бы отличной в России, но школота захватила и её. Особенно это Mr.Lololoshka и Frost окончательно сделали её мусором. И моды на неё тоже сделали эффект мусора( по крайней мере в России).
    [ENG]The normal game, the graphics pixel,
    if the shaders are set , you will be fine. Supports 3D anaglyph it makes you smell different reality. The game would be great in Russia, but almost captured it. This is especially Mr.Lololoshka and Frost finally made it garbage. And fashion, it also made the effect of garbage( at least in Russia). Expand
  6. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spawning in a world, punching wood, surviving the night... too destroying the ender dragon! This game is arguably the best game ever (so far) the fact that you don't just explore a world, you explore... And edit the world amazes me, and many others, that is why I give this a ten! Expand
  7. Sep 3, 2014
    Minecraft seems hard to get used to in the first place since there's no tutorial, but when you know what to do to survive in the wild, the game becomes an unforgettable experience which encourage you to do whatever you like, especially when your imagination's big!
  8. Sep 2, 2014
    Objectively this game has always been bad. But it was still lots fun! Nowadays however, the game has gotten a lot worse and ISN'T EVEN FUN. The hunger system makes Survival Mode a chore to play. Your character starves before you even find a place to build. Want to build? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to explore? Nope, gotta find food first. Want to go spelunking? Nope, gotta find food first.
    The world generation is terrible. Back in Alpha & Beta, each world had it's own twists that made them all unique and intresting. But now, all worlds are almost exactly the same. I'm not even exaggerating. Also the color schemes in some biomes are terrible. WHY IS THE GRASS BLUEISH IN THE MOUNTAIN BIOME?!
    The sound design has gotten cringe worthy. It used to be nice to listen to, and cheesy in a good way. But now the sounds are unfittingly realistic(?) or cheesy in a bad way. NO ONE ASKED FOR REALISTIC SOUND DESIGN FOR MINECRAAFT. IT IS COMPLETELY UNFITTING TO THE GAMES STYLE. As for the sounds that are cheesy in a bad way: Who's idea was it to make the villagers sound like depressed chickens that have a cold?
    The game goes in too many different directions. It has sandbox themes, it has cartoony themes, it has adventure themes, it has survival themes, it has mythical themes. None of these coincide with eachother. It feels like a bunch of community mods were thrown together in one big package. Actually a bunch of the stuff they've added are in fact rip-offs of community mods.
    I haven't even mentioned all the glitches yet. The Alpha & Beta versions of this game were more playable than the current version. This game isn't optimized. Like at all. Despite the fact that it looks like it's from 1990, despite the fact that there is nothing that should be remotely hardware intensive in the game, it still runs horribly. Even if you have a perfectly up to date PC, you will still experience random FPS drops. There are tons of annoying little bugs too.
    This used to be a sandbox game with adventure themes. Now it's an adventure game with sandbox themes.
    At least there is an official way to revert back to older versions.
  9. Sep 1, 2014
    according to me is minecraft the most fun and best game ever made! it's no means perfect but i have played it for more than 2000 hours and for more than 99% of the time i have had a fun time. this may not be a "game" to some regards but i have been playing this with most of my friends. the best part of the game according to me is the creative mode and me and a couple of my friends had a server dedicated to just building.

this is a good game if you like to be creative but it's not good for someone that want the game to tell you what to do.
  10. Aug 21, 2014
    Does a game have to be perfect, to be rated '10'?
    Because as innovative, creative and original Minecraft is, it's certainly not without it's flaws. A lot of flaws. I will not go over them all, because most reviews allready do this quite openly.
    But does the game really deserves to be critiziced because of it? I honestly don't think so...
    Minecraft is whatever you want it to be. It
    provides you with a feeling of freedom that a lot of other games want to make you believe you have. It's not as simple as 'just a building game', it encourages you to reflect upon yourself and see how far you can take it.
    And that's where I believe the true magic of Minecraft shines. It's not about the game anymore, it's about showing yourself and the community how creative, artistic and smart you are just by using the same blocks everyone has and placing them in a way no one has thought of yet.
    It's a social platform.
    So yes, the game has it's flaws. It can feel 'choppy', chunks can ben slow when loaded and pigs seem to be spinning all over the place and climbing trees. Also, the developers make promises that sometimes can take a long time to actually fulfill. But none of this is actually 'gamebreaking'. Simply put, none of this matters..
    It doesn't matter, because what the game does is providing you with a sense of accomplishment, all on your own. Not your ordinary 'If you complete this challenge, you will be rewarded with this' accomplishment, but the same proud you felt when you we're a kid, playing with lego's and wanting to share your creation with your parents.
    If it's a full sized replica of the Enterprise. If it's a functional working HDD. If it's an underground city where the entire community is being provided with food, shelter, safety and entertainment. You created this, you are a part of this.
    People who don't play this game will think you're wasting your time. People who do play this game will understand.
  11. Aug 19, 2014
    The game was fun at first.Now it turned into a map making tool.They dont even listen to their fans.Almost all servers are p2w.On pvp servers if you kill someone you get called out hacks and the person starts raging.There havent been any "fun" uptades for a while just snapshots.
  12. Aug 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I say this is the best game ever.

The Aim Of The Game is to survive or to create masterpieces with infinite blocks and flying.
    The Survival Is Amazing. No Comment.
    The Creative Mode Is Amazing.
    I haven't tried the HARDCORE mode but I watched videos of HARDCORE mode Survival.

I say MOJANG has made the Best Game Ever, No 1 in my BEST game list.
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    Es muy bueno ya que puedes hacer casi todo!, es malo jugar solo... pero si juegas con amigos es lo mejor muy entretenido y divertido 100% recomendado :D xD :,3
  14. Aug 13, 2014
    This "game" is way too overrated for what it really is. First of all, the price for the PC version is ridiculous - for the same amount of money, you can get a big hit game with a lot more content, better quality and better support.

Even though the price seemed too much, I wanted to give it a try. After all, I've played for quite some time the mobile versions of the game (Android and
    iOS), which were enjoyable - but priced more accordingly. I've bought the game from their online store, paid using PayPal but never got the game.

It turns out, their customer service is terrible. It took them more than a week to reply to my support request - and when they did, I got a blunt reply back. This is not the way to treat a customer.

Yes, Minecraft is a unique game - and it has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the people behind it seem to be more focused on the profits right now than on the quality.

I've only managed to play the demo version on PC which seems quite average. The graphics are nice at first, but they become annoying after a while - luckily there are plenty of mods to fix this. The performance is average - games with better graphics run a lot better on the same machine.

Despite having a very large modding community, it does not have an open API. Considering the plans for expanding into a MMO style setup (Minecraft Realms), I'm wondering what's the future of modding in a setup like this.

Conclusion: Until they decide to improve the quality of the game, to implement a better customer support system (and fix their payment service), I really cannot recommend this game, unless you're looking for trouble.
  15. Aug 10, 2014
    First of all it's very lonely game. I am talking about single-player, of course. You can't get this sense of loneliness in any other game. And for me it's very enjoyable.
    Secondly, it's beautiful game. Not talking about graphics, but style. Rain, snow, night - everything is really well-made.
    And thirdly, feel of discovery is awesome.
    Its a great game and you should at least try it.
  16. Aug 8, 2014
    Minecraft is the only game that truly has created an immersive atmosphere, and really can familiarize the character with true freedom. Minecraft is a playground, a very large playground that is waiting for you, arms wide open. And, trust me, you will NOT want to leave this playground for a long time.

Blocky, though memorable graphics will make it hard for the user to not be able to spot
    the sight of a dirt block or a diamond sword. And the sounds of breaking blocks, and the beautifully nostalgic, yet for some reason melancholy soundtrack will be stuck in your head for hours.

Minecraft is that game that comes out once in a decade. That game that truly separates itself from all others, despite how many clones may attempt to mimic it. It is a game that isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and that just makes it that much better.

17. Aug 7, 2014
    Personally I tend to the negative side of the game. Not because of the game itself, the gameplay is fine, but the childish community of the game can be very annoying. Since the game is made by straight out java (as I know), it does not allow advanced managing method of the game though Minecraft allows some simple mods. Players can destroy other's creations easily and thus you can see how grieving is so common in this game. I understand that freedom is the main aspect of sandbox games but I think the situation may become a bit too far for multiplayer in Minecraft. Expand
  18. Aug 7, 2014
    Why? Why would you play a game with so little effort? No replay value? No "Gameplay"? A game that rips off so many great games. don't buy this game! this is nothing more than a novelty item that became over hyped. if you want a game where you can unleash your creativity try the sims or simcity or an city building game for that matter. I know that all you fanboys out there are going to shred this review to pieces but I don't care. get a life. Expand
  19. Aug 3, 2014
    When I first heard about minecraft I was then playing Total Miner: Forge and thought to myself- This is the coolest creation game I have ever seen. After browsing for a while trying to determine whether or not I wanted another Total Miner lookalike I bought the beta copy of Minecraft and started playing. Within the first ten or fifteen minutes I was blown away by the size and capacity that Minecraft delivers, and awe-struck when presented with all of the builds and creatures that killed me the first night. It was amazing. Now that the complete version has been around for some time, and after quite a few add-ons and updates, its no problem for me to say that as an arcade game Minecraft will stay number one for as long as it pleases, and as for a PC game, well, it sets the bar for all open world creator genres, and has easily distinguished itself to me as being one of the top ten best video games of all time. Expand
  20. Aug 3, 2014
    If the ratio between money paid and time spent ingame was a standard for deciding if a game is good... Minecraft would unequivalently be the best. I've easily spent over 1500 hours in the MC world. The rather easy access to modding tools, MC is java based, has made the minecraft modding community a real big place. The creativity of the modders is endless. Thus making Minecraft my number 1 game for at least another year to come. Expand
  21. Aug 2, 2014
    Нудная, неинтересная игра которая по непонятным мне причинам очень популярная среди школоты и (что очень странно) среди казалось бы адекватных взрослых людей.
  22. Jul 31, 2014
    This game's only achievement is that it attempts to unite gaming with videogame making. You actually build something of your own game without having to cope with the actual making of the game. Gamers join its evolution process and this is the reason so many mods exist. It is an interesting approach, but it cannot be regarded as a game itself. Besides that, "Minecraft" is distinctive for its terrible graphics and boring gameplay. A lot of critics and gamers seem biased and do not even think that we are in 2014 and not at the beginning of the videogame industry. This overrated "innovation" is so repulsive that I'd rather install some software and make a game of my own. And they didn't even attempt a serious improvement since 2009!

For me it's up to your taste, your aesthetics and what you actually seek to get from it.
  23. Jul 29, 2014
    Why does this only have a user score of 7.4??? This is a very fun game with loads of replay value. As for the graphics, they are unique and memorable (AND SUPPOSED TO RESEMBLE 16-BIT YOU IDIOTS THAT IS THE POINT). The combat is very basic but that is not what this game is about. It is about creativity. End of story.
  24. Jul 29, 2014
    **** **** GAME! overpriced for bad graphics and quality. MY CONNECTION KEEPS GETTING LOST FROM THE SERVERS WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AND I SPENT ALL DAY JUST TRYING TO CHANGE MY **** SKIN. I GAVE UP TOO CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH A STUPID STEVE SKIN. I TRIED TO LOG IN ON THE WEBSITE BUT IT KEPT SAYING USERNAME OR PASSWORD WRONG. WHEN I RESET THIS PASSWORD IT KEPT SAYING THE SAME THING. FOR **** SAKE, PS3 IS WAY BETTER, PC IS A LOAD OF UNEEDED STRESS!!!! MOJANG SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  25. Jul 27, 2014
    Holy god, I haven't played a game this good in quite a few years. I first played the game in March, and got hooked in June this year. I must say, this is a truly remarkable game, and I say it replaces New. Super Mario Bros WII. for the spot of 2nd best game of 2009, with Plants vs Zombies at 1st. Within the game, you can gather resources, slay animals/monsters, mine, craft, and most importantly: BUILD. Also, if you find the game too easy or hard, just lower/raise the difficulty level, as there are many to choose from. Great game, and people who don't like it due to lack of SHREK are truly dumb. Expand
  26. Jul 21, 2014
    Minecraft is a great sandbox survival game in single player mode and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever which can be modded to enhance its greatness enough said, buy it now
  27. Jul 20, 2014
    Arguably, Minecraft is the best video game of all time. The idea is so simple yet so brilliant. A 3D block-based game. in which you can survive, and build anything you could possibly imagine. I find it brilliant because it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you perform the most mundane of tasks, like when you smelt your first iron bar, all the way to defeating the Ender Dragon. Obviously, the game is always better with friends, which gives you the option of making combat and adventure maps for you and your friends to enjoy. A lot of people say the game has gotten worse as updates have occurred, but I believe it has just increased the game's depth. Minecraft truly holds a place in my heart, simply for how undeniably spectacular it is. Expand
  28. Jul 14, 2014
    **New Review**

Okay hmm, where to start. Well, minecraft is a fun, openworld game with lots of possibilities. Server developers and modders seem to do more work than the actual game developers. The AI is laughable, because modders can make massive, scaly dragons or gigantic pumped zombies. The supposed 'creator' of this game spends more time on vacation than he works. I myself own a MC
    annual 2014, and the mojang people have a pinball machine which they spend more time on. They think themselves cool but really their not. Minecraft is a amazing game, which has skyrocketed in sales. But "Notch" promised things he couldn't deliver, such as a CTF. After the game was released, he basically dumped the game on Jens (or Jeb). The only reason I play this game is because of the mods and servers people make. Minecraft Singleplayer gets incredibly boring. While minecraft mod makers can produce a mod in two days, BAM you have massive dragons, fire breathing trolls, a brand new varirety of weapons, food, tools, ores and even a portal gun! But the developers keep us every time we log onto minecraft staring at that same screen, the same screen all the time. The only ever updates they produce are bug fixes. They promise a amazing "1.8" but they just keep adding and adding and most people won't be able to support their game. Surprisingly, you need a pretty good computer to run the good parts of minecraft, such as Amplified, servers and a Custom World. If you want to have a bit of fun, then I would defiantly recommend this game. But for the hardcore gamer, this isn't for you. Expand
  29. Jul 7, 2014
    A frightening good example on just how popular something simple can get. Minecraft has laid out the groundwork for the booming indie industry we know today but unfortunately, It haven't really aged as well as I hope it would have.

Mods are being produced a hundredfold times faster than the actual standard game, be it the automated industry mining mod or the dozens of graphic mods that
    causes a game consisting of huge clunky squares look like Crysis, the developers themselves seem to keep falling more and more behind as the producer (Notch) distances himself more and more from the title as the community continues to have an far-above majority population consisting of little, impulsive school children. Expand
  30. Jul 6, 2014
    Minecraft is a game were you have only 10 minutes until dark. This game was created by Notch and developed by Jeb (Short form for Jens Bergensten). this is a great and awesome game. hope you enjoy this game
  31. Jul 1, 2014
    The vanilla game is great, but after a few weeks you get bored of it.
    The mods are where its at.
    There are literally hundreds of mods that you can play to keep you into the game.
    the only problem is that its hard to install mods at this time.
  32. Jun 28, 2014
    Innovative, educattional and original, Minecraft is seen by many as one of the best PC games in existence. As I am relatively new to Minecraft, - having joined the community just after the 1.3 update - I have noticed how it has grown and, because it is constantly in development, how it has improved since my starting moments. Being a nerdy type of person, I enjoy playing with the game's coding, as it is extremely educational. However, for the less computer knowledgeable people it is very user-friendly and easy to use but hard to master. In conclusion, Minecraft is a great game and I strongly recommend that you buy it. Expand
  33. Jun 28, 2014
    The Good:
    Minecraft is one of the most innovative games of all time, the amount of customization a player can do in his/her minecraft world is amazing. Not to mention the sheer amount of player-created content such as mods and adventure maps that this game offers. The player models are easy to customized and there are tens of thousands to find online. There is never one way to play
    minecraft as players have come with their own game modes such as: Survival Games, Factions, and classic vanilla. It is also fairly easy for anyone to start their own minecraft server with the right budget. The development team is also always working on future content so there isn't too much concern about this becoming a dead game in the future.

The Bad:
    A majority of the player base are either younger players or straight up immature. The game play can become a bit repetitive and dull even with all of the different game modes.
  34. Jun 27, 2014
    I have very mixed opinons about this game. when I first got it, I got sucked into server play. then I tried the singleplayer and I got thru 1 hour before falling asleep. this game has amazing multiplayer because of servers and stuff but I never play splayer. and I got bored of the game . after a few months. now I only play it because of mods but that doesn't count as the real game. if you don't have minecraft then I'm fine with that and I only recommend it for the mods and the multiplayer servers. also if you want a fresh take on a mining game (that is not nearly a rip-off of minecraft) you should try terraria if you can enjoy a 2D game. oh yeah, also minecraft only has 2 bosses which gets really old quick. mojang please add more to this game to make it be worth 28$. or just lower the price. Expand
  35. Jun 26, 2014
    I think Minecraft suffers from a player's expectations. It's an open world sandbox game, which means that it has no well-defined objective. So many players will find it hard to consider it a "game" at all.

The only obvious requirement is that you survive. And honestly, you hunt down a few pigs, dig a hole in a wall, and you have that covered. So it's critical to use your sense of
    adventure, and set out to see all that the game's world has to offer. And it has some incredibly beautiful, though blocky, scenery! Expand
  36. Jun 24, 2014
    A very nice game in a voxel based world.It features offline and multiplayer modes. It is pretty much a game of life where you mine and craft and farm and explore. It is a pretty good game but it is definitely over priced. I have the game from a gift card from a friend, but I would not pay $27 USD to play this game. And it is also overpriced on android and apple devices and consoles too.
  37. Jun 22, 2014
    A great survival game, although the graphics are not high quality, graphic is not everything in a game is an infinite game, you have to make some achievements, but you be creative, and you can even create a goal to win.
  38. Jun 22, 2014
    How could you call Mine craft not fun? When I first tried it out, I never knew that using your imagination and putting it into a game could be so much fun. From there, I wanted to learn more: how red stone works, how to build a TNT cannon, etc. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you know what you're doing, Mine craft is extremely addicting. Also to add on to the fun are mods and server plugins. They make Mine craft just very addicting, like a chewy cookie. This game is underrated by so many people, don't listen to them: they don't know what a good game is like. Expand
  39. Jun 15, 2014
    If I could only play 3 games for the rest of my life. Minecraft would be 1st. It is without a doubt a top of the world game! You have endless possibilities. Endless. I've been playing Minecraft for 2 years, And I'm still not done. When I showed my brother Minecraft he was convinced he would hate it. Now he plays 24/7 (Just like me.) My 3 sisters, 1 brother, Uncle, And ALL my friends have been introduced to Minecraft by me. And LOVED it. This is THE game. Expand
  40. Jun 11, 2014
    Ehh i have to say this game was PERFECT until 1.8 patch. The added all RPG and **** stuff wich completly destroyed the feeling of minecraft. It was a great, simple and FUN game. Now? It's stupid, boring and completly not fun game..
  41. Jun 11, 2014
    Minecraft is pure enjoyment packed in a pixelated world. The fact that you can explore an endless world, and build almost anything, out of anything, is a wonderful thing.
  42. Jun 6, 2014
    They are wasting my time, as a server owner, trying to get all my plugins ready for the UUID change, they have been planning this for over 2 years now, and it takes 2-3 months, and there is no update still, the community is also falling in the gutter.
  43. Jun 5, 2014
    I loved this game when I first started playing in 2010. I've had lots of fun with it, and it's a great game. It WAS, that is. My interest towards this open world game started decreasing, as it's now monotonus and overplayed on YouTube. I've resided to making Custom maps and Statues.
  44. Jun 4, 2014
    Minecraft is a well-crafted masterpiece with many features, an expansive world, and unrivaled replayability. However, a lack of a built in tutorial, button-mashing combat,, repetitiveness, and lack of balance undermine (pun not intended) the gameplay experience. Overall, it is a game worth buying, though some issues still show beyond its hype.

First, the good. It has in-depth features,
    such as a huge branching crafting system, a smelting system, and a brewing system for potions (in game items that can give players, NPC's and enemies buffs and debuffs), and a fun, but not necessarily advanced, enchanting system.

The expansive worlds allow the player to explore and build huge structures. The full PC version (not the classic or console versions) has an infinite world to explore, exploit, and build in. The world generation algorithm creates diverse worlds, with everything from mountains to oceans. Every world is unique, and the ability to choose and share the world generation "seed", or the code that starts the random number generator in the generation algorithm, allows players to find their perfect world.

The game also has unrivaled replayability, as every game is different, with different worlds and different approaches, this game can get you glued to your chair for hours. Different game modes (the creative, survival, and hardcore modes) allow you to choose how to play the game, whether you want to go into god-mode and build huge castles, or survive in a wooden cabin with limited materials.

However, the issues start becoming apparent as you start playing the game. The lack of a tutorial results in your first few hours of gameplay being just "How do I do this again? I have to go online and search on a fan-made website, again!" ad nauseam.

The melee combat is simple and limited to button mashing. Newer updates have made changes, such as "critical hits". a game mechanic where the damage done increases slightly if the player jumps before hitting the enemy, but the melee combat is still somewhat repetitive, in my opinion.

Despite its replayability, it still becomes repetitive over time, as you spend a lot of your time digging huge tunnels to find that one more diamond you need to make a new tool.

The game also has a complete lack of balance. Coal and iron are supposed to be the most common underground minerals in the game, as they are low and medium tier items respectively, but I frequently find stacks of redstone (a high-tier item) before I even find any coal, when digging underground.

In conclusion, while minecraft is a worthy buy, with many features, an expansive world, and replayability, issues, such as a lack of a built in tutorial, button-mashing combat,, repetitiveness, and lack of balance seriously ruin the gameplay.
  45. May 31, 2014
    Good things: insane modability provides a great amount of content, multiplayer on MMO-scale on some servers, total creative freedom, entire worlds to explore and conquer with friends/enemies
    Bad things: It does get stale after a long time of playing it, the combat system sucks

If you buy it check out multiplayer, this is what pumps up the score, survival is only a small part of this
    delicious cake. Expand
  46. May 27, 2014
    Possibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think this has lots to do, it hasn't compared to GMod (Garry's Mod) Expand
  47. May 27, 2014
    Minecraft is a combination of a game and a basic 3D modeling tool. The possibilities are literally endless here, and that's what makes this such a success.

I'll talk about the "Game" part of it first. Some people on Metacritic have criticized the game's Survival mode for being "forgettable". Those people definitely didn't play multiplayer. Minecraft, in any mode, is way more fun with
    friends. Either host your own game server, which you can download from the game's website, or join one of the many public community servers. Most of these servers are multi-world and offer a little bit of everything Minecraft has to offer. Setting up a server takes a bit of tech knowledge, but it only gets confusing if you're trying to run the server with mods or plugins.

The combat in Minecraft is very basic. This part definitely could have been better. No matter what the enemy's preferred method of attack is, the combat of the player in Minecraft is nothing but "hit it with a sword until it dies", which can still be surprisingly intense when you're defending your home from the infamous creepers- silent, stealthy enemies that approach the player and explode, damaging the surrounding environment.

And of course, that's the entire point of Minecraft- the editable environment. You craft tools and use them to dig or mine blocks, which can be blocks of dirt, stone, and even man-made or crafted materials like wooden planks and glass. The survival mode requires you to use tools to break blocks, while the game also features a creative mode, where players don't have to worry about enemies, and can access infinite amounts of any block and break them instantly, using this mode to create massive intricate building designs. Some even create pixel art using the various colors of wool block.

The game's controls and mechanics- the inventory system and hotbar- are easy to learn on-the-fly. You'll be mining and crafting within minutes of creating your first world. Crafting in Survival is lacking something very important, however, and this is something that's bugged me about Minecraft since day one- there is no crafting tutorial! Games that use crafting systems usually tell you what items you need, but in Minecraft, not only do you have to know what items you need to craft, but you also need to know how to arrange them- a fact that's completely ignored by the game. Someone who's picking this up for the first time either experiments and screws around until he/she finally learns how to make a crafting table, or looks on the wiki for crafting recipes.

The game is still constantly being updated and new content is being added. Bugs are still present, though they fix loads of them in every update and none of them are game-breaking. All in all, if you've got a creative mind and haven't picked up this game yet, you really should. It'll suck away hours of your time, but it's totally worth it.
  48. May 21, 2014
    ok, I am a die-hard Minecraft fan, I am part of the community and I even do a lot of vids on minecraft. But, I can't say minecraft is flawless, and I'm going to give my honest review.

Minecraft is a great game, and it is a truly open world sandbox, where your minecraft world ends with you. This Game is definitely a mark in video game history, and I hope this game leads to new ideas for
    future sandbox games. First, I'll start with survival. My first time, like most new players, was rough. Minecraft kind of puts you in the wild and says "you're on your own, have fun". But that's not that bad, it adds a bit of the charm to the game, and that there is lots to learn to do, and aim for. It also introduces you to the minecraft community, as you rely on it to learn more about the game, and how to play it. I'll talk more about the MC community later, as it plays a big role in the game. As you learn more and more, you explore your world, survive ravage nights, and build whatever you can imagine. Minecraft life will have many things to do, make, or explore. this review was made in ver 1.7.9, and there is a point where you have done it all, and once you've explored the game inside and out, the game starts to lose steam, the game-play isn't that interesting past that for the most part. Then there is creative mode, where you are invincible, and can build (or destroy) with few limits.

now, back to the community. The minecraft community is the absolute best, and really works hand and hand with the game to make it bigger and better, in a way I have never seen in any other game. if you have a decent amount of tech smarts, or look up tutorials, there you will really get the full effect of the minecraft community's mark on the game, and get more out of the game when you've explored it all. First off, the I am so impressed by what, amateur developers that loved the game, created in the minecraft community. There is like a mod for Freaking everything; shooting kamehameha's, guns, weapons from RWBY, SAO, KH, etc, Pokemon, magic, npcs, superpowers, bosses battles, alternate dimensions, you name is, it's most likely a mod for it, and will being the game to life. In addition, there are also resource packs to change the look and feel of the game. and Many maps custom maps; from an epic adventure map (most likely made by Hypixel), a survival world with the creators flare, recreations of other things or places, or just an awesome looking thing someone built. Don't even get me started on multiplayer server, minigames and stuff. Even outside of gameplay, youtubers have made minecraft so popular, and really something that people enjoy.

Now here comes the sad part of this review. The flaws of minecraft. The wonderful things the minecraft community brings to the game will keep you entertains for a long time, but it also starts to die. Minecraft's huge gaping hole that keeps it 2 points away from a 9/10 is the gameplay. Im sorry, but you the battle mechanics are pretty... eh, and just barely passes as enjoyable. Way you move, the way you fight, and just the way your character performs, it's just... ok.... it passes, and it wouldn't take away from the minecraft experience, but once it's you've explored everything, and you've exhausted your creativity, tried many mods, the game dies there. Gameplay is an important part of if you would come back to the game, and a game like this can't be played for a plot. but another point was deducted for the way the game is being improved. as more and more updates have come out, less and less is actual added. The updates just aren't giving me anything to return to the game to do something new.These flaws will not affect new players, but more players that have played minecraft for a while. If this ever changes in future versions, I would gladly give this game a 8/10, maybe even a 9/10. It hurts me that I had to give this game 7/10, but, I just can't go any higher.

overall, you will love Minecraft, and if you're a gamer, get this game. Let your imagination and exploration run free. And a tip, take shelter before the sun sets in the game, because the night is evil.
  49. May 17, 2014
    Now, let me make this clear, I don't HATE minecraft, as it is a VERY well made game!
    but the real problem lays within the community. Sure, the mods are fun, and I spent quite a while
    playing M.C.A. or minecraft comes alive But when XBOX players criticize a port thats NOT on XBOX for not being on XBOX (and not even trying it), and your community starts going on a rampage of calling
    everything a "ripoff" and not giving poor devs a chance, even if their game is very original or good in its own ways, I'm done. Minecraft is fun, and multiplayer CAN be fun, but I'm not so sure your game is safe when you have a pirated version out there donning the title "minecraftSP" for free, I have a bad feeling.
    5 OUT OF 10 FOR THE COMMUNITY, 8 OUT OF 10 FOR THE GAME.
  50. May 16, 2014
    Best game ever! This game is amazing! I love that you can play on servers, yet play alone. You really need to play Minecraft. It is an amazing game that I love, along with my friends. I play it on PC & PS3. GET MINECRAFT! You won't regret it!
  51. May 15, 2014
    its 10/10 because of this: i know many games have the same, but if you think Minecraft tried to copy, NO! they copied minecraft. Imagination, a thing all human needs to learn. in here you can do MAAANY **** for example: so much **** i don't know how many but its amazing, you have to play a few weeks until finding something amazing, some reviews says: nothing useful for now. the game has a story, but its not the point, the "un-useful" is what you need to set your imagination free. more fun playing at Multiplayer, servers:
    Hide N Seek (Prop Hunt without Shooting)
    Hot Potato (RUN FROM THE GUY THAT HAS A EXPLODING POTATO!!! he will hit you, and it stays with you, you cannot drop it, if it explodes in someone, well **** if you exploded, YOU LOSE!)
    Parkour (THE MOST RAGING THING and one of the most fun ones of Minecraft.)
    and many others.
    Mods are made for....
    Additional Things, so you can set your imagination even more free.
    Garry's Mod will set your imagination free at maximum, but Minecraft is Imagination for Childs, and Garry's Mod for Adults. i recommend it, and hey "MINECRAFT HATERS HO ONLY PLAYED 10 **** MINUTES" well, play it more and you will enjoy it, i hope you will.
  52. May 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a sandbox - survival game consisting of you making your own story, branching your own path and making your own choices. This game is fun mostly whilst playing with your friends and online. Without those features, the offline is boring and lonely, which is sad as I have seen people who make videos of Minecraft offline with or without modifications have so much fun which makes no sense to me. Now for the gameplay features, it is simplistic which I like. You punch blocks to make blocks, to make tools to get better blocks. The bosses are boring however and require nothing else but SHOOT THE THING and the AI is ok. The enemies are intelligent enough and the friendly creatures are responsive to you killing them. The graphics aren't next generation but are stylised with the game and getting a graphics modification ruins the feel so don't. However it runs like crap as it uses Java script as the coding language and it really isn't ideal with making three dimensional games with such expansiveness. As of bugs, the only ones I see are shading errors and generation problems but overall a good built game, and I am not surprised as of how many people actually play this game and bug report.

Overall this game is good and I see appeal to those who want to play games that are expansive and simple and I find it OK. 7/10
  53. May 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. for 2 years this game has been in development. For years i have been waiting to play this game and just last year i finally got the chance to do so. When i first played it i found it to be very addictive and very fun. The ability to get past the limit is amazing. In DBZ you cant leave your fighting area but in this game you can. In Sonic you cant build a house but here it is the opposite. The free roaming and how you have to find things is really fun and i recommend this game to anyone who is looking forward to play a game that takes place in a forest. That is why my final verdict for this game is a 99 out of 100. Expand
  54. May 10, 2014
    Minecraft is indeed a good game, but I would not say a masterpiece. In my opinion, it come as a light in a bad age of games, it came right when those repetitive first-peron shooters were dominating the market. Minecraft emerged as an alternative to those who don't like these games.

I guess it's an insult to all other games to say that minecraft is the best game ever - However, I think
    it's the most striking game from the present.

Well, to explain these paragraphs I will make a list of the bad/good points from Minecraft:

GOOD POINTS
    - Creative game with thousands of possibilities;
    - Different and unique graphics;
    - Classic music which fits in the game;
    - A very good platform to mod and make plugins for;
    - Runs on any PC (on lowest settings);
    - A quite good multiplayer;
    - Hollow (and sometimes dark) atmosphere;
    - Several large and mysterious worlds to explore.

BAD POINTS
    - Poorly coded, with much lag;
    - Poorly detailed graphics (the game couldn't improve them a bit more without losing its style);
    - Bad sound effects;
    - Many non-sense addons (since the official release);
    - Have a lot of bugs;
    - A game with no point, nothing to do... You get sick of it quickly (unless you start playing in servers full of plugins (or mods). But that's not the game content);
    - Non-sense ending! A dragon WTF?! There could be a truly explanation (and end) for a square-ish world! And it could be more original and less cliché;
    - Several features that Notch promissed to include not included;
    - Despite being a light game, when on high settings runs only in NASA pcs (and have not "that" good graphics);
    - Barely made GUI;
    - It could have missions, portraying the story of herobrine, but NO, it's just a **** non-sense sandbox!
    - It could be a lot better than it was, enjoying a lot more its features (that have no purpose).

So that's it. For who overrate this game, that's my opinion...
    Loving minecraft is like loving water in a desert. It's not because of its "awesomeness", but because the other bad and boring games we have today.
    Who don't play anyother game, try a truly good one (such Age of empires, C&C, Total annihilation, etc) before saying **** ("MINECRAFT IS THE BEST GAME EVER"). There you see that MC isn't a so good game.

(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IMN'T A FLUENT SPEAKER XD)
  55. Apr 29, 2014
    Had this game since Alpha, and it truly is a masterpiece. I've sunk many hours into this game, as each time you play it, it's a different experience. The amount of things you can create and explore are uncountable. A true work of art. Simple yet efficient.
  56. Apr 27, 2014
    It's EXTREMELY OVERRATED. It's REALLY freaking boring. The only time I have ever played is online and it gets boring after a couple of hours. It's really a crappy game.
  57. Apr 23, 2014
    This game is good, because its unique.

Its good because of its creativity, it goes on forever, you can build whatever you want, or even build multiple things, making this game fairly time-consuming and a hell-of fun. It never ends, so you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Also, Multiplayer is also fun, as people make great and fascinating games to play with plug-ins,
    commands, and more. making MineCraft endless fun.

The only bad part about it is the community, which isn't even the game's fault, but kids are rude all around in the MineCraft community, making the game have a semi-turnoff.

Besides that I have fun with the game. It is addicting and time and is a joy to play!
  58. Apr 21, 2014
    MInecraft has always been an awesome game but with the latest updates it has only been getting worse.
    The game gives you hours of gameplay, this is a must play game for every type of gamer.
  59. Apr 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game which brings back memories from the 70's-80's. This game has revolutionized gaming. This game started off with noone playing it but now nearly everyone plays it. Players have modified it with Mini Games which is great. It has also given many Youtubers lot's of money including BajanCanadian etc. The multiplayer is really fun with 1000's of people owning servers there's shortage no choose from. Also the singleplayer is pretty fun too! I would recommend this game to anyone who is imaginative. Overall I give this game a 9/10 for a load of fun mini games and for being very addictive! Expand
  60. Apr 15, 2014
    I like this game because you can build everything what do you want...But there is just one problem...It's a block game I prefer realistic graphics ...
  61. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am ANGRY at all you negative reviewers out there, you overlook the influence on culture these days of Minecraft, comparing it to other games (BTW I am looking for the perfect game which you will find my Qualifications in the Profile) This has by far been the Crown Jewel of My PC games, It is near my perfect game standard and it is the closest one there. Also about it's influence on culture, this game has truly defined the true basic principle of open-ended games, I believe it even has created it's own genre. And other than that I believe you negative reviewers never even tried to venture within the game itself, you didn't even bother to look at the wiki, it may be buggy however it 's Success overshadows it's flaws. And by the way did you even care to look at modding this game? This game for me, has an almost infinite number of mods out there, so the game is extremely flexible. And by the way have you seen Terraria? If you like the game and you review this negatively, then you know what? Terraria was inspired By MINECRAFT. So in my view this game belongs with the great historic games, which have forever changed the world, and if you ask me, Minecraft has begun it's own gaming generation CONVERSATION OVER, PERIOD. Expand
  62. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be very fun at 90% of times but when it is not it gets kind of boring, but like I said It is a very great game with all the new mini games and other things. I will say this I miss minecraft back then by back then I mean 1.2 after 1.2 it kinda went down by minecraft will always be a special game to me and it was 1 of the first pc games I bought and played even to this day I still play it and there graphics are pretty decent, so this game deserves a good rating! :) Expand
  63. Apr 12, 2014
    I have spent more time in and had more fun in this game than many other games, but eventually, I find, that you will lose enjoyment. You will try to cover this up with modifications or even modules, but eventually, your interest will collapse. You may revisit it in the future, but your enjoyment will never be as great or as extensive as it was initially. This is why I have given it an 8. I have loved this game, but no longer do... although when I loved it, it was one of the best computer experiences of my life, and I applaud that. Expand
  64. Apr 10, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game that never ends. You can be building houses in creative mode or trying to slay in ender dragon in survival. The possibilities are endless. My favourite part has to be making houses in creative mode though.
  65. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  66. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  67. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  68. Apr 4, 2014
    My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play. Survival games. "PVP." The only two activities they enjoy on this game. Most people only like Minecraft because it's the only game they have. I got my friend Garry's Mod, AND HE NEVER PLAYS IT! WHEN HE DOES, HE DOES FOR FIVE MINUTES, THEN GOES AND PLAYS "SURVIVAL GAMES"! I could rant and rave all day about this game, but I'm tired and going insane from my Minecraft player friend. Expand
  69. Apr 2, 2014
    Minecraft us a fun game, in the beginning after a while it really begins to loose it's charm. It also irritates me that Mojang (the creators of minecraft) could make an AWESOME game out of This by wedding simple bit fun changes (making blocking effective, more types of armor/weapons and USEFULL NPC's) but instead they add carpets....
  70. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow, this game really restricts your creativity. I mean, all you can make are giant penises. I haven't jerked off in about two years because I'm so sick of seeing penises. I'm even afraid of my own penis now. I haven't changed pants in about ten years. Well, I guess I'm gonna go play some DickCraft. See ya big boy.
  71. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  72. Mar 27, 2014
    After a while it grows on you a bit, plus everyone was telling me how great the building aspect of it is when I'm more into the adventure and mining of it. Although it still seems like the fans are the ones that carried this game...
  73. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  74. Mar 19, 2014
    A game that challenges you in one thing, and one thing only: creativity. With straight-forward combat, the only thing threatening is the environmental hazards (lava, long falls), surprise attacks from enemies (which can contribute to environmental hazards) and letting yourself being overwhelmed. The game can grow stale in many cases if you do not set yourself a goal, or if there is nothing to set a goal for you. This is where the community comes in.

Vanilla Pros:
    -Gives you a starter point so you understand the game
    -Tests you to for creativity
    -Marvelous things can be constructed and adventure maps can be made interesting through the use of redstone
    -The lego-style and blocks make building fairly simplistic

Vanilla cons:
    -No tutorials
    -Rather boring if you cannot set goals for yourself
    -Lonely on single player... and especially annoying with squidward villagers

Multiplayer + Community pros
    -PvP adds a nice adrenaline rush with traps, stalking and shadowing your prey
    -Mini-game community servers (such as the core server or the hive server) add lots of fun and randomness
    -the modding community allows for interesting mods, whether you want a challenge, something interesting, a slightly easier kind of game play, or simply a different look to the game

community cons:
    -like all games, idiots exist in the community and trolls are common. (known as griefers)
    -PvP can leave you depressed if you're not part of a community server and start out immediately, as people with plenty of diamonds and enchanted gear can kill you just as you try cooking iron
    -Server finding is rather irritating and LaN (local area network) server finding is unreliable

General game pros:
    -Still getting updates
    -Creativity is constantly improving
    -allows for useful applications in real life (Minecraft Teacher is an outstanding example)

General game cons:
    -Without creativity or ambition, the game makes you feel rather mindless and can turn stale
    -major updates (such as new biomes) can force you to abandon everything you've done on a different world to start from scratch on a new world for the content
    -resources can be tedious to obtain, especially diamonds (insanely rare sometimes) and obsidian (takes ages to mine)
  75. Mar 19, 2014
    I give Minecraft an 8/10 for a number of reasons. It resides as one of my absolute favorite hobbies as I use it for a creative outlet.(Yes, a hobby, as playing it feels more like a past-time than an actual "video game") The amount of potential that this game holds is beyond belief. It is not without it's faults, unfortunately, which keeps me from giving this wonderful game a perfect 10. I will also admit that Minecraft is not for everyone. I see a lot of contradicting reviews, and feel that it is best for me to be perfectly honest about the game.

Pros

*If you like sandbox games, this one is certainly worth a try. The limit is the sky. With each and every inch of the land at your disposal. The whole world is your play pen. Ive seen people create things from mighty fortresses of doom to beautiful cities to quirky pixel art.
    *If you like survival and exploration games, you might want to give this one a try. From spelunking for resources and raising livestock to exploration and fending off undead, the game does well in immersing the player in its 3d environment.
    *Multiplayer! I feel that this game is best experienced with others, wither you are working on a group creative project or exploring that dark and creepy cavern. I feel that Minecraft has a very personal feel to it, so what is better than being able to adventure with your friends or show off your greatest creations?
    *Minecraft has a vast modding community. If you feel that certain types of content in minecraft is lacking for your tastes, then you can probably remedy that with your choice from thousands of different mods created by the player base.
    *Visuals and sound. The landscape and biome generation can make for some absolutely stunning visuals. The music and dynamic sounds significantly add to the games wonderful immersion.

Cons

*First and foremost, Minecraft is created in Java. The engine is heavy, and very clunky. The game can take it's toll on even some of the best systems. Getting your fps higher than 60 can be nearly impossible without having a beast of a computer, which seems quite unnecessary for a game of this type.(Although performance does seem to have improved since the last major overhaul patch) It also tends to have its share of icky bugs.
    *There is absolutely no story, what-so-ever. If you are looking for a thrilling plot, then minecraft may not be for you.
    *survival will start to get a bit dull after a while if you aren't playing with mods or others.
    *A good portion of its online community is made up of children, and as such you will run into a lot of immature players who feel no remorse for destroying your progress. It takes quite a bit of effort to find trustworthy players online.
    *Progress in the game's development is there, but extremely slow.
    *Minecraft's default textures and graphics are very low res and blocky. While some may feel that it adds on to the game's individual style, others may not be to happy about it. (note that the textures can in fact be changed, as many players in the community have created some really stunning and interesting texture packs of all resolutions.)
  76. Mar 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a very unique game, but does it deserve this much acclaim?

Pros:
    It gives you total freedom
    Nice LEGO style graphics

Cons:
    Dull combat
    Boring gameplay
    It's more of a toy rather than a game

Minecraft does have its moments, but it's not quite the game I wanted
  77. Mar 15, 2014
    Was my favorite game for a long time when I was younger. I played 500+ hours.
    Its so much better with mod pack. if you have played it a fair bit get a mod pack. The best ones are from Technic or FTB.
  78. Mar 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a flawless game, though I do have a few suggestions for future updates.

1: Like most people on the MC forum, WE WANT FLOATING ISLANDS!
    2:In a past update, "The Biome Update" many new "biomes" are added to the massive sandbox. Some examples are, Savanah, Canyon and a Roofed Forest. I believe, there should be certain "mobs" (Creatures existing in the world) for each biome.
    Some examples are, Lions, Elephants,Heiynas etc. for the Savanah. I also have some suggestions for the Jungle biome, some being, Jaguars,Tigers,Monkeys,Snakes etc. Thank you for reading!

Herbertlives
  79. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  80. Mar 12, 2014
    Everyone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go online and download one of many, many, many free user-created HD resource packs! And the game seems unfinished because it is!! The game will NEVER be totally finished, as the game developers have said many times in the past.
    If you're looking for more features or more interesting gameplay, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 100% free player-made modifications (mods) and custom-made worlds creating various challenges, puzzles, and adventures. The awesome Minecraft community is what really makes the game - without all the custom-made user material, it would not be nearly as popular!
  81. Mar 12, 2014
    An amazingly addictive building game! The graphics almost made me ignore this game but a friend let me try it. Sometimes simple is the perfect formula. With the mountain of mods and texture packs out there you're sure to be able to customize the game any way you like!
  82. Mar 11, 2014
    Minecraft is truly a revolutionary game, its simple, yet you can do anything in it, people have taken it so far. The way they add new things all the time, for free of charge. Is so generous of the Swedish company. Its a very creative game. Anyone who would play Minecraft would know that its a game of a 1000 games. Anyone can play it young or old. There are plenty of servers. Many blocks and mods to keep you building. Also Minecraft has survival to survive the night and defeat the wither and the EnderDragon. It has to be the indie game that changed the gaming industry for a long time. The mechanics arent much, but its easy to learn. If you don't like the small blocky graphics there are resource packs that change the sounds and textures. It can go from around 3x3 per block/item, to 5012x5012! Its a great game to keep your kids away from shooting and violent games. Its very cheap and you dont need much to play the game. It runs on Mac, Windows, Linux. You need at least 2gbs of RAM and around a few MegaBytes of space. I highly recomend the game, its fun to bring friends and family closer. :) Expand
  83. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  84. Mar 7, 2014
    Minecraft! An extremely repetitive, yet attractive game towards a lot of the younger audience. Minecraft is fun to play at first, but then when you get tired of it, you take a break and go to the mods. The modding community is quite amazing. It offers many advancements to the game, and brings in a ton of extra hours of playtime. Overall, this game is EXTREMELY addictive if you like sandbox survival games, but atrocious if you don't. Expand
  85. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game its multi player is endless and the creations never stop it just keeps going I see so much more of this game in the Future and the mods just make so sophisticated and in single player you can experiment and find new strategy's to do some specific thing and conquer the game in a year its awesome and I love it Expand
  86. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  87. Mar 5, 2014
    Minecraft is THE open world game! It promotes your creative side. But it gets booring after awhile and the enemies are irritating (fortunately you can switch off all enemies, if you want). Dying is also annoying...
  88. Feb 23, 2014
    Useless. Just one word to describe it. Is a game that can entertain you for 3/4 hours before that you realize that your life can go on without build cubic virtual houses in mud and crap.
  89. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Nice Gameplay+
    +Great Graphics+
    +Magnificent Open World+
    +Great Visuals And Design+
    +Fun Multiplayer Mode+

Minecraft is not only nice, it's marvelous game and perfect to build and create with your own freedom. Minecraft is pleased for people to play with.
  90. Feb 22, 2014
    Ah, good old Minecraft... I honestly don't know where to start with this one. Discussing Minecraft in a negative manner is extremely dangerous thanks to the amount of drooling drones that will defend this game to their last breath. Hmm... Well, let's break this review up into multiple categories.

1. Graphics
    This is a very subjective and sensitive topic to elaborate on. It all comes
    down to your personal opinion. Some people like Minecraft's 'retro' graphical style, and some people say it's disgusting. But games aren't all about the graphics, right? Well, maybe for some people... Don't worry though, the vast modding community surrounding the game has come up with many fantastic texture mods to suit your needs. Hell, you can even make a texture mod yourself if you wanted to. Personally, I think the original textures look bland and boring, but I digress...

2. Sound
    The sound design for Minecraft is nothing short of a masterpiece. Whether smashing a block, or listening to the game's soundtrack, you'll instantly be satisfied. I haven't found one person that doesn't like Minecraft's vast soundtrack. It has a calm and soothing tone to it. Sometimes you'll hear creepy cave wind sounds when mining, or hear running water when near a stream. It's definitely one of the better things about Minecraft. There are many different sounds modifications as well.

3. Gameplay
    Minecraft's simplistic nature is what makes it so easy to pick up and play. Well, when you learn the different crafting recipes of course. But this fact is also it's greatest downfall... After you've conquered every dungeon and cave, found every mineral and treasure, and built your own little town, there's not much left to do. The game has no plot or purpose, it's just kind of there for you to paint your own world on the canvas of your own choosing. I'm simply saying after doing this same process over and over, it starts to grow on you. It becomes less and less exciting for every diamond or rare goodie you find. Don't worry though, there's tons of mods to keep you interested, right? Eh, most of the mods are focused on making the game even easier than it already is so... it's a mixed bag. It all comes back to your own opinion.

4. Community
    This goes without saying... Minecraft's community is horrible. Lemme give you some insight on what kinds of 'people' I've come across.

A. Extremely immature children that think they know everything and anything about the world.
    B. Teenagers that have no life outside of coming home from school and sitting on their computer.
    C. Adults in their 30s and 40s that haven't quite grown up yet.
    D.(EXTREMELY RARE) All around good people that respect fellow players and the game itself.

So yeah, another mixed bag... Eh, this topic is pretty pointless. It'll only serve to get more mindless drones to thumb down this review because they can't accept the truth.

Conclusion...
    All in all, this game is not horrendously bad... It has it's flaws, but let's be honest... The only thing that has kept this game afloat in recent years is the vast modding community that adds new content regularly. The original developers, Mojang, have become greedy and lazy, and are just letting the community do their work for them. The only thing they seem to add to the game are more bugs and glitches. I am appalled at the childish behavior by the main developers on social media sites... But the matter of the fact is, money changes people. It makes them evil. That's a fact we can all agree on...

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate you taking time out of your day for my review. To all the mindless drones, go ahead and thumb this down into oblivion. I really don't care.

-Starkiller94
  91. Feb 16, 2014
    A once fantastic game, Minecraft over the time has hit a sudden decline every since certain things were added, removed, and changed. Some for the better, and for the worst. Some like it, others do not but I'm in the middle, a decline from when I first played it---which was a 9.
  92. Feb 14, 2014
    A great educational and creative game that allows the players to do and build whatever they want in a virtual infinite space. But be warned: if you are not a creative person, you'll get bored really fast.
  93. Feb 5, 2014
    Nearly 4 years after "release", Minecraft continues to update with new features demanded for by the still very active community of modders and map designers. While initially lacking some features that could have made the game more enjoyable; the majority of those features have now been added. The chief complaint from those that have clearly not played the game is that the graphics are terrible and that reason alone is enough to avoid the game. If you ever actually play the game you realize that the block design was by choice as well as for convenience and in no way affects the way you play the game. Everything is designed to fit with the blocks, the enemies, the tools, even the watermelons are square! Although I have moved on to the Feed the Beast pack due to the shear amount to do it in; Minecraft is definitely worth your time. Expand
  94. Feb 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games of all time. It provides so much variety that constantly people are coming out with mods and texture packs to make this game great. And they update it occasionally too to keep the gamers playing the game and to have new people start playing.
  95. Jan 28, 2014
    Having played this game since it's alpha stages, I can tell you they have done a good job of updating and keeping the game a little different. The possibilities are pretty much endless; you can play any genre you want on this. Of course, unless you download a texture pack, it all looks the same. But for being able to play any genre there has got to be some disadvantage right? Yes, of course there is. If in survival, you must collect and build, but in creative you just have to build. So if you want a puzzle game, you have to make. And if you want a fighting arena you have to make it. Luckily there are multiplayer servers that you can play on that build all these things for you to play at. Another cool thing about minecraft is it's ability to mod it so easily. The game was designed to provide ample entertainment without mods, but with them you can get anything you want out of this game. As some have said, you don't really have a goal, as you are stranded in the middle of no where. But at first, there are goals. Build a house, collect materials, craft cool items, etc. Also, achievements get you something to work for. Also, the Ender Dragon is most peoples ultimate goal, and it takes a very long time to get to have a chance against it. Afterwards though, they leave it up to you to decide what happens next. Luckily with rather frequent updates you can explore new areas and meet new creatures. So if you like a very very unrestricted game, Minecraft is the way to go.And for only around 30 dollars, you can't really go wrong. For a sandbox game, Minecraft is the top choice. Expand
  96. Jan 27, 2014
    I know, I know, I am incredibly late on this one. I've played Minecraft for years now, and it is not only a game that revolutionized the Gaming Industry and especially the Indie industry. It is one of the most addictive, rewarding experiences you will ever play.
    If you haven't play Minecraft, what the hell are you waiting for? And trust me, the PC version is the one you want. First,
    almost every computer in the world runs it, you don't need a megalodon with high-tech specs to run the game. Second, don't **** about graphics. Minecraft is a beautiful game. It's blocky art stile is charming, and seeing a sunset for the first time with the eclectic piano music behind is just mesmerizingly beautiful.
    The objective in Minecraft is to survive. Or at least it is in "Survival" mode. As you progress through the game, you will progress in things like building a house, hunting monsters or going to hell. Everything can be for nothing in a blink of an eye (When you are dead, YOU ARE dead). You must orientate yourself in the random generated world, find shelter and food, and protect yourself from the creatures of the night. At moments it is thrilling, at moments scary, at moments funny. You never know what is going to happen in a typical Minecraft day.
    Then you have "Creative" mode. In this mode, you can do whatever you want with the blocks you want. Build a giant diamond mansion, and why not shape it like a yatch? How about farming zombies? The limit is literally your imagination.
    Minecraft also offers a multiplayer service. You can either play with friends or join a server to play something with the community. Want to play Hunger Games, Block Hunt and many other games with people from all around the world? Then the multiplayer experience is perfect for you. The variety of things to do and see is amazing.
    Minecraft is easily one of the jewels of this generation and of gaming history. It isn't ambitious and still, it feels like the biggest-scaled game ever made. It is always updating, expanding to keep things fresh, and it truly is the Indie Game that revolutionized the industry.
  97. Jan 26, 2014
    Now these are my words coming from my mouth. This is my opinion review. I gave Minecraft a 9/10 because Jeb was put in charge. Minecraft was better when Marcus "Notch" Pearson was in charge. Jeb turned Minecraft over to it's "darkest zone". The only good thing about all of this is that Jeb put a down grader in the launcher. I love Minecraft, but am disappointing in what Jeb has done with Minecraft. I wish that Notch would come back and Jeb would be co assistant. Notch, please come back and fix Jeb's "new game". Expand
  98. Jan 26, 2014
    The game started out fine, don't get me wrong. But as it updated more and more and more, it became clear that this game is just a cash cow. There is nearly no actual new content in these updates and it's pretty horrible, really. The only good thing about this game is the building aspect. To say that Terraria is a shameless Minecraft ripoff is an insult to humanity.

This is without a
    doubt the most overrated game of all time and if you want an actually, you know, FUN game, check out Terraria. It's cheaper and still better in pretty much every aspect, except that it's 2D except of 3D but that isn't necessarily bad. Expand
  99. Jan 25, 2014
    I loved Minecraft 2009-2011, but then the community peed on me. On me and a lot of other players. It got demolished by these "youtube stars". Stars, but about to go supernova. Please, stop, its disgusting. About the game, it was fine until you play a lot of it, not its so horrible. Best was around 1.8, then it was ****
  100. Jan 22, 2014
    How this crap is getting such scores. It doesn't have plot, graphics are **** (I mean really ****), don't know about soundtrack (if there is any), but **** me, there is only gameplay. I am giving 0/10 just to bring the balance, it should have 60/100 score.
  101. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) One thing you've got to understand is that you've got to try Minecraft without expecting anything and just having fun WASTING YOUR TIME TRYING TO BREAK BLOCKS AND BUILD STUPID STRUCTURES. Then the game has gotten its hook into you and you stick to it for a while, having fun along the way. Trying to survive your firsts nights is a stressful but exciting experience that needs NOT to be spoiled. Exploring caverns without knowing anything about how the game works is one of the most amazing fun I have ever had.

Sadly, that's not the kind of game you "pass on". You fall into it.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]