7.5

1. Jun 23, 2017
    Minecraft is a game that the majority of modern gamers have likely experienced at least a little of. It was and still is one of the most popular PC games of this decade. Creative mode is where you are invincible, and are free to create anything you desire, along with your unlimited resources. However survival mode is the mode that most players will either love or hate. To be fair,Minecraft is a game that the majority of modern gamers have likely experienced at least a little of. It was and still is one of the most popular PC games of this decade. Creative mode is where you are invincible, and are free to create anything you desire, along with your unlimited resources. However survival mode is the mode that most players will either love or hate. To be fair, Minecraft's unique game design does have a certain charm to it. It's simplistic designs and controls allow for gamers of all levels to be able to approach it easily. Despite, this, Minecraft does feel bare at times, and for an open-world survival game, many of the game elements such as combat and enemies do get tiring fast. Minecraft is an entertaining game, easy to jump into at any time, but the experience that it offers isn't quite as revolutionary that many make it out to be. Expand
  2. May 5, 2017
    This is the only version worth playing. You can get maps, mods, and play on servers. Console edition doesn't have that (except mini game mode) It gets boring fast. I recommend this to kids and people who really loves sandbox games.
  3. Mar 28, 2017
    I really like this game,why ? You can recreate almost anything,you can have some imagination with it.Honestly i don't play the game a lot.But sometimes I want to recreate something.The survival mode is amazing,The only thing that i don't like and that makes me kind of hate this game is it's players.
  4. Mar 1, 2017
    Minecraft is an extremely cancerous title, I cannot embrace how much negativity I have for this review (Espescially for the PC Version) let me start off by talking about the graphics, I wouldn't really **** on minecraft for having bad graphics IF it didn't have the optimization of a potato. I remember when I used to have an r7 240 minecraft at medium settings ran at 80FPS. Lets compareMinecraft is an extremely cancerous title, I cannot embrace how much negativity I have for this review (Espescially for the PC Version) let me start off by talking about the graphics, I wouldn't really **** on minecraft for having bad graphics IF it didn't have the optimization of a potato. I remember when I used to have an r7 240 minecraft at medium settings ran at 80FPS. Lets compare this to a game that actually uses graphics as an resource and actually looks better at even low settings. CSGO performs at high settings at 80fps. So how come a game revolving around blocks have the optimization that no other game should have? Simple developers were lazy as **** so they decided to just use a script for websites and phones instead of using a real game engine. I feel as if they should create minecraft on a completely new game engine (sort of like the Windows 10 version) however actually make it the EXACT same thing it is now. Another thing is the physics. They are stupid and actually dont make sense at all. The sense of creativity and exploration is the only good thing that brings me in. Mods and Friends are the only things that make this game even worth money. Minecraft creates a world which is easy to explore but annoying to play in.

Verdict: If you like adventure games and exploring with friends, then maybe you should pick up Minecraft however this game is not worth its retail price as it is the exact same thing equivalent to tetris except its not optimized

Pros:
    Fun Exploration
    Online Play
    Mod Support

Cons:
    Worst Optimization ever
    Bad graphics *For Optimization Primarily*
    Community is worst then Call of Duty
    Milked from Bad Youtubers
  5. Jan 5, 2017
    I REALLY didn't enjoy a lot of my time on this one. I tried it out because all my pals said it was "cool" and "fantastic" and "flawless" and then I played it...I don't agree. The pixel art style mixed with 3D visuals reminds me a lot of mode 7 on the SNES and the music fits the atmosphere perfectly...but it all goes downhill from here. The gameplay I find repetitive. And creative mode isI REALLY didn't enjoy a lot of my time on this one. I tried it out because all my pals said it was "cool" and "fantastic" and "flawless" and then I played it...I don't agree. The pixel art style mixed with 3D visuals reminds me a lot of mode 7 on the SNES and the music fits the atmosphere perfectly...but it all goes downhill from here. The gameplay I find repetitive. And creative mode is surprisingly BORING. And since said creative mode is basically 1 out of 2 main gameplay modes this means I find half of the game BORING. Minecraft isn't a terrible game, by any means I do kind of recommend it for the graphics and sound and possibly the combat, but those who get bored easily and don't like games that have a fanbase comprised of obsessed 7 year olds are not going to like this gam Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 54/100
    Mein User Score = 5/10
  7. Dec 22, 2016
    Minecraft, at first, is incredible. So many possibilities! Then, after a few hours, it gets extremely repetitive. In order to beat the game, it takes hours upon hours of extremely difficult and dry gameplay. It's sort of difficult to find one of something in a nearly infinite game world. Also, you feel incredibly lonely unless you're playing on a multiplayer server.
  8. Oct 6, 2016
    Let me sum up why Minecraft should seriously try a little harder by showing you an example featuring one of it's rivals that it is frequently compared to - Terraria. Ok, so in Minecraft you have the bow. In Terraria you have 26 bows all with different powers. Plus Minecraft isn't on Steam, which sucks a whole bunch.
  9. Aug 29, 2016
    Well so what can i say about this Game?

What made the biggest negative impact was every patch above 1.7.10. Most of the mods are not compatible with higher versions so i guess the modders feel same.

You atleast need optifine to not immediately kill yourself.
    Eats Ram like hot dogs.
    If you got a chance to get it for less than 20€ then do it. Not worth more than 10 bucks tbh.
  10. Aug 22, 2016
    Extensos modos de juego algo mas cortos en un jugador en los típicos modos de juego. Si quieres salirte del los modos de juego por defecto necesitaras mapas, comandos, servidores o mods; eso si completamente gratis. Por lo contrario a pesar de ser free to play necesitaras pagar para que los demás usuarios puedan ver tu skin y poder tener acceso a servidores premium. Gráficos muy sencillosExtensos modos de juego algo mas cortos en un jugador en los típicos modos de juego. Si quieres salirte del los modos de juego por defecto necesitaras mapas, comandos, servidores o mods; eso si completamente gratis. Por lo contrario a pesar de ser free to play necesitaras pagar para que los demás usuarios puedan ver tu skin y poder tener acceso a servidores premium. Gráficos muy sencillos pero que le dan mucha mas jugabilidad al juego y por lo tanto hasta el peor ordenador del mercado podría iniciarlo pero por lo contrario no muy buena optimización en cuanto a FPS en dispositivos normales los que podría suponer tener que bajar la calidad de gráficos o descarga de programas externos para la mejora de estos Expand
  11. Jul 13, 2016
    Minecraft is alright. It's not bad, not at all, but it's just overrated. It's really overrated. It is detailed and good, and a lot of fun can be had here, but it's not as good as everyone says. It surely deserves a lot of gameplay hours, but i personally don't like it as much as everyone does.
  12. Jul 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a review of minecraft 1.10 on windows.

Minecraft is a game of pluses and minuses. Every time something good or special shows itself, something, usually from the fan base, pops up and ruins everything.

Minecraft, i find, is most fun with some friends in survival or creating something in creative. Single player survival can be boring after a bit. after issue is the online player base should you not have any online friends, as it's mostly 12 year old scum, 6 year old try hards, and 30 something people riding that youtube money train. Many of the mini game modes on it are empty on american servers, as survival games (think hunger games but worse) and factions (think some mmo with clans but worse) are the popular ones as of late. Voice chat would be nice, as way too many times have i and others been killed before we could speak.

Another thing is the nature of the game, as it runs off java, which for those 12 and under, was a basic programming code and a old 3d web browser game thing like flash was for 2d stuff. Java by this point has gone senile, a glitch randomly occurring which basically bricks your game, preventing little timmy from smashing his mother's acer facebook machine like a very colorful pinata... oh hell, that would still happen.

Honestly, if you have some friends and wait a bit for 1.10's java issues, minecraft would be a blast, but if you're looking for a fun single player or online with randos experience, looking elsewhere would be advised.
  13. Jul 3, 2016
    I do not like multiplayer cause it's boring and has an annoying community. But the other things like realms, singleplayer, and other stuff I'm okay with but the game can get boring sometimes. I don't know if I would recommend it. Only if your really bored I guess.
  14. Jun 10, 2016
    Mine craft is not a bad game despite what the haters say, and even though fanboys worship this game like the second coming of Christ, and bloat the game's score beyond the reasonable amount, its not the best out there. Mine craft is an original and playful idea, with the whole world consisting of blocks. And sure, you CAN create anything, but for a player who isn't sparsely creative, andMine craft is not a bad game despite what the haters say, and even though fanboys worship this game like the second coming of Christ, and bloat the game's score beyond the reasonable amount, its not the best out there. Mine craft is an original and playful idea, with the whole world consisting of blocks. And sure, you CAN create anything, but for a player who isn't sparsely creative, and is a somewhat bad builder, this game gets boring quick. Mining and exploring is immense and fun, but gather enough ores, and explore the world entirely, there's just not much to look at. That's how many players feel. Modding is difficult and filled with shady websites, so its not a great option if you find vanilla boring. Expand
  15. May 19, 2016
    Summary: an overall enjoyable, influential and interesting game pockmarked by poor design decisions, flawed development and philosophical contradictions.

What I liked (* indicates a caveat - see following section): + Minecraft clearly popularized survival crafting games, for better or worse. Interacting with the environment and using it to your advantage by "mining" it and then

What I liked (* indicates a caveat - see following section):

+ Minecraft clearly popularized survival crafting games, for better or worse. Interacting with the environment and using it to your advantage by "mining" it and then "crafting" with it is the essence of the game and it is a relatively fresh concept.

+ There is a decent amount of content*(1).

+ The game clearly lends itself to co-operative multiplay, which I enjoy. Players have had some success with PvP due to novel situations you can get into with the mechanics, though I find it rather unsophisticated overall.

+ Minecraft will get you to think both creatively and geometrically. Mining and farming are matters of tiling, a classic category of math problems, based on a few facts you will learn contingently in-game. This encourages problem-solving skills not normally required in video games. Meanwhile, building aesthetic structures allows the player to express themselves in-game instead of following a railroad path so familiar to many modern games.

+ Item progression is relatively exciting and satisfying*(2).

+ Technically speaking, Minecraft is interesting for a number of reasons. It wasn't anywhere near the first game to use voxels in graphics and gameplay so extensively, but it popularized their use. Voxels are a kind of "atomic" graphical structure that constructs larger shapes out of smaller particles, not unlike LEGOs. Until Minecraft, they were mostly used outside of gaming for things like molecule imaging. Minecraft used fairly remarkable terrain generation algorithms to procedurally generate fresh worlds made out of voxels for each playthrough.

+ There is so much to do*(3), and the player can set their own pace. The game can be played in short bursts or in massive marathons and it lends itself to being rather addictive.

What I didn't like:

- *(1): There is a lot of content, but the way in which it is accessed is poorly conceived. Due to the terrain generation, most new content that comes in the form of new block types or new items needs to be reached by approaching the frontiers of what has already been discovered; for middle-to-old-aged worlds this can be several kilometers away from the starting point for a mere chance at visiting the new content. For instance, I easily have over 1000 hours in the game, and the "mushroom island" biome type was added to the world 4 1/2 years ago. I still have never encountered it. This flaw in the terrain generation algorithm forms the basis of several tedious game struggles later on, like finding a Nether fortress or village (necessary to acquire Eyes of Ender, items used to locate the final boss and "End" biome), finding biomes that were introduced years ago to experience all the content, or even finding content that is new to biomes that you've already experienced.

- *(2): In the beginning of the game, there's a clear material progression as you advance through wood->stone->iron->diamond tools and armor. After this point, though, all progression comes in the form of using a rather contrived enchantment system that is frankly an inconvenience. Since this enchantment system requires wheat, sugar cane, cows, and trees you're somewhat limited to where you want to put your "base" unless you feel like traveling a great distance to visit your cows or want to try leading them across great expanses (the pathing AI is not that great). Even then, once you have gone through the bother of acquiring the 46 leather, 90 wood planks, 135 sugar cane, 4 obsidian, and 2 diamond necessary to max out enchantment (yes I know this off the top of my head), it becomes increasingly expensive to repair your super-items.

- *(3): Most tasks in the game are about resource collection of some kind. There is combat and exploration but it is very lackluster. Once you've seen an example of something you've really seen it all. The rest of the game is about gathering resources, and this can be tedious. A few years ago one of the developers actually intentionally made crops slower to mature, not because he thought the game was too easy but just to make everything more tedious. Mining can take minutes upon hours of your time doing repetitive tasks to get modest gains, even when you meticulously plan it in a statistically favorable way and perfect all your equipment.

- Many ancient bugs, like poor achievement detection and Nether portal calculation, persist to this day.

- Numerous promises have been left on the floor: a modding API, more weapons than a sword or bow, a living villager economy, off the top of my head.

- Devs are less imaginative than modders and have been spending the better part of 5 years inserting inferior versions of mods as patches.

- The recent combat update adds more hackneyed decisions, hamstringing the player in pointless ways.
  16. Apr 27, 2016
    In my opinion Minecraft is overrated as hell. It's an fine game, but nothing more than that. It's original, but also simple. Keep in mind though that I'm rating the vanilla game here. I'm not including the vast amount of mods that are made for this game in my rating.
  17. Apr 18, 2016
    With my Minecraft experience, I put down a 6. You can definitely have fun with this game building forts and houses and visiting the netherworld. The game itself works and you can have lots of fun with friends and online. The possibilities are endless, but also pointless and repetitive too. The enemy mobs, while iconic, are worthless which can be easily avoided. This makes undergroundWith my Minecraft experience, I put down a 6. You can definitely have fun with this game building forts and houses and visiting the netherworld. The game itself works and you can have lots of fun with friends and online. The possibilities are endless, but also pointless and repetitive too. The enemy mobs, while iconic, are worthless which can be easily avoided. This makes underground exploring not very fun, and only a handful of structures are there to explore anyway. Ore mining is alright, finding diamonds is pleasant but not challenging. Some mechanics aren't thought out very well or are just unfinished. An example is potion brewing- it's pretty hard to access and the effects themselves are hard to craft, and are not TOO helpful. The game itself just seems dense from the surface, but once you dig in there actually isn't very much to see. Still, you can have some fun playing around making single player bases if that is what you really desire. The graphics and aesthetics are great which can be modified around, and the different biomes are empty inside but still pretty in their own way.

I could've easily given this game a 5 or even a 4, but since I rate games purely out of my enjoyment, I gave it an extra point. It's a decent game but I had some fun using redstone, playing with friends and joining online servers to PvP. It's still not a very fun game compared to its competitors. Minecraft is just the more popular, casual and dumbed-down sandbox version of other masterpieces.
  18. Apr 15, 2016
    Minecraft...oh boy, where do i even begin?. When i had the age of 10 or 11 it was actually one of my favorite games and still is a lot of fun to play and i actually started a new playthrough a few moths ago and the i just...dropped it...

STORY: You appear out of nowhere!!...go mine and attack stuff to survive...THE END. PRESENTATION: This is usually the first thing that people bring

PRESENTATION: This is usually the first thing that people bring up to critic this game and honestly i don't know why. I actually rather like this mixture between a retro-cubic-3D style of graphics and i don't think a construction game like this would've been possible without them.

The music is made up of different piano pieces and i feel like they fit very well. But the one thing that this games lacks is a stable frame rate, since the graphics are so basic you would think that this would run well, right?...RIGHT?, well no, the game runs very poorly even in the lowest settings and i don't even know the resolution is on.

GAMEPLAY: Minecraft is a...umm... Building/Combat/Platform/RPG/MMO??....i think. I don't know really what this game is really. There's 3 different modes in the single player and there's also a Multiplayer mode, but i will focus more on the Single Player since that's what i play the most in my games.

The mechanics are very simple. You use the W, A, S and D keys to move and you use the mouse to face the direction you wanna go. There's 2 motions that you do in this game: Mine and place, and you use the left and right clicky things on the mouse respectably to do them. They do exactly what the sound, you mine things or hit things depending on what your mining and when you do so the block or enemy that you mined or killed respectably will drop an item that you can put in your inventory. You can have 9 items in the "Use" inventory and by pressing E you will bring up the rest of it that will allow you to have more stuff with you. Aside from that you also have 4 extra spaces to the side of your character and depending on the item and pattern that you put in those 4 spaces, you can craft something, if you do a crafting table you are able to put 9 things on the "Craft spaces" and you can create different tools, armor blocks, etc.

The right clicky thing on the mouse is used to interact with different things and defend yourself with the newly implemented shield that you put on your extra slot or...you know...you can put anything on there so you can use both of you hands. You also the right clicky thing on the mouse to place blocks on top of other blocks and construct...pretty much anything. You have a hunger meter that depletes over time and to keep it full you will need food from animals or your own harvest, why do you need to keep it full?, well the hunger meter will refill your health when you take damage and if it depletes 100% it will hurt you and leave you with the half of your last hearth.

Minecraft respects this mechanics in all of its different modes like:

Survival: You have limited resources, Limited health and hunger and if you can respawn. There's 3 difficulty settings and you just...have to survive.

Hardcore: In this mode the difficulty is locked to Hard and you can only die once, if you do that world will be deleted.

Creative: You can fly, you can break anything, you can spawn things at pleasure and you have unlimited resources. If you came here to build stuff...this is for you.

There's some enemies in this game like Zombies, that just move around and attack you, Creepers that explode if they get to close, Withes that throw potions, Esqueletos that shoot arrows, the list goes on and on.

Finally there's 3 bosses in this game: The Ender Dragon which is pathetically easy. The wither which you have to build your self by putting 3 wither skeletons heads (that you get on this games other dimension, the Nether) and soul sand...and he is very easy too. Finally there's the Guardian, he lives underwater and he's a pain on the butt to kill. All of these bosses will give you a reward like a Dragon Egg, a Nether star and a...sponge...uh.

Now, i can go on and on about what you can do and can't do in this game because i haven't even mentioned the different Biome, the different blocks, the different minerals, the Multiplayer, the experience and...man this game is just overwhelming.

I mentioned before that i dropped my game and that's because...there's too much to do and i feel that Minecraft lacks focus, plus most of the things in Minecraft requiere so much time and dedication that i just got bored.

I am planing to go back to that save one day or another to finish what i was doing, but for now i have school and other games to occupy my time.

Now for the score...out of all the games that i reviewed so far, i haven't had so much trouble on putting a score. This is a game that really, REALLY depends on your taste for video games. Personally i really like building games so i really like Minecraft, but i feel it can be really boring at times.

I'll give it a 7/10.
  19. Apr 14, 2016
    maincrah mi amigo marcos burgos de chile juega maincrah todo el dia es una verdadera rata fanboy se sabe todos los mods y tiene un pc master race solo para el maincra.
    ma ma ma ma maincrah!!!
  20. Apr 2, 2016
    Without mods this game it's not enjoyable. It's a mess to play with friends. But after all still been a good game to create your own world. If could be so much easier having this game on steam with a workshop.
    This game should be playing on free to play. Because will you pay u$s30 for only a skin and your name? Its not worth it. The community make this game so much batter than it is
  21. Dec 27, 2015
    Minecraft may be fun at the start... but like every game in the world... after a while, it gets boring... like way too fast. It deserves a better rating from me but a 6 would do it. All you do is just basically build and fight to survive. Doesn't that sound fun? It does from the start.
  22. Oct 25, 2015
    It will fill your time, but the irritation is how it compares to the promised product. I've gotten days of enjoyment out of this game. I still play it every now and then. At the very beginning, it was cross-platform, easy to set up a server, and just play. Then came the promises and the failures to deliver. The game still isn't open source, still doesn't have a proper modding API, andIt will fill your time, but the irritation is how it compares to the promised product. I've gotten days of enjoyment out of this game. I still play it every now and then. At the very beginning, it was cross-platform, easy to set up a server, and just play. Then came the promises and the failures to deliver. The game still isn't open source, still doesn't have a proper modding API, and still uses placeholder art from its earliest alpha. Not to mention, but all the features introduced in later patches have just been incomplete fluff and half-baked nonsense. Expand
  23. Sep 20, 2015
    Let's face it, Minecraft had a lot of potential to be a GREAT game, but unfortunately the fandom ruined it completely. I'm not going to judge the game by it's fandom, but rather on my own experiences with the game. When I first played this game (summer of 2010), I had little to no experience, but that didn't stop me to enjoy the game. Back then until 2013, the game had a score of 8+ forLet's face it, Minecraft had a lot of potential to be a GREAT game, but unfortunately the fandom ruined it completely. I'm not going to judge the game by it's fandom, but rather on my own experiences with the game. When I first played this game (summer of 2010), I had little to no experience, but that didn't stop me to enjoy the game. Back then until 2013, the game had a score of 8+ for me, nearly perfect. But then, the raging [insert random age of young children here] came into play and ruined the multiplayer aspect of the game. But in Single Player it's still fun from time to time, but overall the multiplayer experience is almost NOT enjoyable at all. My final verdict to this game is a 6 out of 10. Expand
  24. Sep 10, 2015
    Minecraft starts out really fun. You must build, survive and fight. However, after a while, Creative Mode (where you are immortal and build anything, with immediate access to all the materials) can get boring, Survival Mode can become sort of repetitive, and before you know it your closing your computer after an hour or less.
  25. Aug 12, 2015
    Back in the day i used to enjoy the game since 1.8 beta came out i stopped playing due game becoming not typical build/cooperating game now its all about hunger games and other things that makes the game very unsatisfying
  26. Jul 5, 2015
    I started playing Minecraft in 2009, while it was on Beta 1.8 state (I think so), the game was so fun to play with friends and blah blah blah, fun at all.
    The Final Version was a blast, bug-fixes, graphical updates, new items, and yeah.
    Then, the 1.4 version really screwed up the game, they tried to make Minecraft an RPG, then 1.6 with horses and yes...

From 10 to 7, nice job, Mojang.
  27. Jun 15, 2015
    Ah Minecraft. I loved this game early on for its capabilities for active multiplayer and the number of active servers that were available, engaging in many adventures with my friends. Now however, I don't even have the game downloaded due to the sheer lack of new stuff to do. Sure, mods solve this, but I really don't want to risk my computer's security to download stuff that would take theAh Minecraft. I loved this game early on for its capabilities for active multiplayer and the number of active servers that were available, engaging in many adventures with my friends. Now however, I don't even have the game downloaded due to the sheer lack of new stuff to do. Sure, mods solve this, but I really don't want to risk my computer's security to download stuff that would take the developers a few minutes to add. It is already out there, now just work with the developers of these mods and release an update with all sorts of bonus stuff. I would redownload the game if this were to happen.
    Secondly, this game also got boring, as the Single Player survival was extremely tedious after a while, the only fun coming in playing with TNT and Redstone. Also may I mention that this game is $27? You could almost get a used XBOX 360 with this money, but instead I spent my $27 dollars on a game I would end up deleting. This game held a lot of sentimental value to me, so I have very mixed feelings about it.
  28. Jun 2, 2015
    For the price this game is awesome and I like that they update the game rather than give you pointless DLC to get all the new stuff and the skins are free (unlike playstation and Xbox).... This game is great but this is where I get bored with the game...... How long can you actually play this game...... I am a person who likes to try new games and I could not play this for hours onFor the price this game is awesome and I like that they update the game rather than give you pointless DLC to get all the new stuff and the skins are free (unlike playstation and Xbox).... This game is great but this is where I get bored with the game...... How long can you actually play this game...... I am a person who likes to try new games and I could not play this for hours on end......It was fun for a little bit then It got boring.... Expand
  29. May 24, 2015
    Minecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generationMinecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generation of gamers than the last. Expand
  30. May 6, 2015
    + great sandbox game with unlimited creativity
    + simple and fun, lots of mods
    +great soundtrack, bought it on iTunes
    -most of the players play p2w minigame servers that destroy the point of the game (creativity! Not paying $70 for "UBER" armor)
    -trollz
    -playing in public attracts millions of 2-10 year olds
    -was more fun back in 1.9 beta when it was still not ultra popular.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]