7.4

1. May 17, 2014
    Now, let me make this clear, I don't HATE minecraft, as it is a VERY well made game!
    but the real problem lays within the community. Sure, the mods are fun, and I spent quite a while
    playing M.C.A. or minecraft comes alive But when XBOX players criticize a port thats NOT on XBOX for not being on XBOX (and not even trying it), and your community starts going on a rampage of calling
    everything a "ripoff" and not giving poor devs a chance, even if their game is very original or good in its own ways, I'm done. Minecraft is fun, and multiplayer CAN be fun, but I'm not so sure your game is safe when you have a pirated version out there donning the title "minecraftSP" for free, I have a bad feeling.
    5 OUT OF 10 FOR THE COMMUNITY, 8 OUT OF 10 FOR THE GAME.
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is great, if you don't have it, why not? It's legos for adults. Not only is it fun to build and create, they constantly add more content to the game. Minecraft has been a game that I constantly go back to and find myself engrossed in days and weeks of crafting and building.
  3. Nov 24, 2011
    The game offers original concept and total freedom, while access to the code itself allows modders to do literally anything. This game is an ultimate sandbox and while it may not be equally fun to everyone (certain I got bored pretty fast), it is hands down brilliant.
  4. May 14, 2012
    One of the best games I've ever played. The only things that annoys me are the various bugs and the fact that it is written in Java making it unplayable on older computers. Especially the restone circuitry is buggy as hell. The same circuit has a different behavior if you flip it horizontally (face it to another direction) like the EW and NS axis matters in how redstone works. Also various other very old bugs still exist for some reason. To be honest I'd prefer someone fixing those to adding cats to the game (which were so lovable of course). Would be 10/10 if it didn't have those bugs. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    This is as bare minimum as a PC game can get. It is more of an App than a full game. I think that it would fit better on the iPhone than the PC. It is already on Android, so why not the iPhone? Mobile devices are where it belongs. On a PC, it leaves much to be desired. Maybe if I had never played Garrys Mod I would have liked it more...
  6. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is vastly entertaining with nearly endless possible activities and modding ability. Setting up a modded server with friends will no doubt be endlessly fun if you make full use of the mods. This is a HUGE step in the right direction for games. To hell with graphics, give me content!
  7. Nov 20, 2014
    It's very difficult to actually call a game. I think of it as more of a time-fill. Nonetheless, the simplicity yet grandness of it all is simply in a league of its own. I compare it to the Grand Canyon. Simple but vast and majestic. There is a difficult learning curve, no story obviously and a decent soundtrack. I'm glad to sit down and play something that doesn't take itself too seriously. Just viewing what some people have made over the years has boosted this game from a 6 to an 8 for me. Enjoyable, vast, epic yet lonely. Expand
  8. Jul 7, 2014
    A frightening good example on just how popular something simple can get. Minecraft has laid out the groundwork for the booming indie industry we know today but unfortunately, It haven't really aged as well as I hope it would have.

Mods are being produced a hundredfold times faster than the actual standard game, be it the automated industry mining mod or the dozens of graphic mods that
    causes a game consisting of huge clunky squares look like Crysis, the developers themselves seem to keep falling more and more behind as the producer (Notch) distances himself more and more from the title as the community continues to have an far-above majority population consisting of little, impulsive school children. Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    Good fun. One gets immersed for a while then it loses it's appeal. Overall it's a very intuitive idea, but if I have to mine another piece of rock I'll kill myself.
  10. Dec 10, 2012
    This game expands the creativity of the gamer to a whole new, breathtaking level. It has great music, controls, and a simple design. You can build anything you want and it makes you feel all the better because you made it, you earned it, you work for it.
  11. Jan 26, 2014
    The game started out fine, don't get me wrong. But as it updated more and more and more, it became clear that this game is just a cash cow. There is nearly no actual new content in these updates and it's pretty horrible, really. The only good thing about this game is the building aspect. To say that Terraria is a shameless Minecraft ripoff is an insult to humanity.

This is without a
    doubt the most overrated game of all time and if you want an actually, you know, FUN game, check out Terraria. It's cheaper and still better in pretty much every aspect, except that it's 2D except of 3D but that isn't necessarily bad. Expand
  12. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is one of the greatest things god has ever gave us on the PC period. It just blows my mind with all the blocks you can use to build amazing things! if your reading this I recommend this game hard core get this game right now. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
  13. May 27, 2014
    Possibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think this has lots to do, it hasn't compared to GMod (Garry's Mod) Expand
  14. Jun 11, 2014
    Minecraft is pure enjoyment packed in a pixelated world. The fact that you can explore an endless world, and build almost anything, out of anything, is a wonderful thing.
  15. Jun 17, 2011
    Technically reviewing a game that is still in its beta stages. Although the graphics aren't amazing, it doesn't really matter, you could just get a texture mod. Everything about this game simply promotes creativity, that's basically what minecraft is about, creating things. Now it's not like it's easy to do so, you have to mine and gather materials all the while there are zombies and other things trying to kill you during the night, one of the best features of this game are the redstone circuits. Basically it's an ore you can mine that can be used to make electronic circuits in minecraft, with a ridiculous amount of possibility. Why is this game worth buying? Custom skins, and not only that, but the patches just keep on coming, the game is ALREADY fantastic, and they're only going to add more to it. To be honest, the reason I didn't try this game at first was the graphics, but seriously if you like creating things, you will eventually love this game, ancient graphics or not. Expand
  16. Mar 20, 2013
    Very fun, the things you can do in this game are practically endless. Well, almost. Cool game to play if you have nothing else to do, or if you just want to mess around in Multiplayer with your friends.
  17. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't see why this is so heavily criticized. The graphics aren't that good, but it doesn't matter, yet for the idiots who think it does you can use Texture Packs to make it look different, which is great. Minecraft, yes, takes time to learn and get used to, but afterwards its a fun and challenging game.

With Achievements, you don't feel pressured to get them as they're optional and don't affect anything. There IS a way to finish the game, by locating a Stronghold with Ender Eyes and jumping through the portal to defeat the Dragon. It can be done whenever you want as Minecraft is a Sandbox game and if you do try then it will take a good while, but not too long.

Gameplay is fun. There are three modes, Survival, Creative and Hardcore. Survival is a survival mode, hunt for food, fight monsters, etc. In Creative you have god power and can do whatever. In Hardcore, it is like Survival but locked on Hard and you can only die once.

The game is cheap for what it is so go buy it. My only complaint is it may lag, but that's it.
  18. Nov 2, 2013
    I wrote before that this game is completely awesome and outstanding. Well, I got bored of it. It can be really repetitive when you play more like a year, almost every day. Still a good game, though. If you never played it you will love it.
  19. Oct 15, 2013
    While I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. That is why I always play on the hardest difficulty. I think it is fun, but definitely overhyped in my opinion. Expand
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    I dont know whats up with the people that is scoring this game 0 because of the graphics. AS far as i know the "my score" slider is to rate the game NOT THE GRAPHICS. Now, people writting about repetitive gameplay... how a sandbox game can be repetitive? only will be repetitive if you want! Why dont you go fishing? hunting? farming? this game isnt about breaking and putting blocks! I like this game, i play alot and sure, has lots of bugs, but they're working on it. 10/10 hatters gonna hate. Expand
  21. Dec 24, 2011
    It's not for everyone.

Let's be honest here: Minecraft is an internet phenomenon and it's something that has gone crazy mainstream, and if you haven't tried it you owe it to yourself to do so. It's pretty impressive that the basics of this game were written by a single person.

I have been following Minecraft since mid-2010 and it's the game that I sincerely want to love, but I just....
    can't. It's good, but it's just not for me and whether or not you're going to like a game like this depends solely on how much of a 'builder' you have in you. Some people just have a proclivity for making things, playing with legos, building stuff in a shed, tinkering with their car, etc, and if you're one of those people then this game is like catnip for you. But if you're a person that likes to sample things but not get too involved, or play competitive style games, or be 'the best' at something, then take a pass.

Minecraft is, essentially, a simplified map editor that you get in other games like Starcraft or Civilization. If you played a game like Starcraft or Warcraft and used to pore over the editor making the perfect map, then this game is probably for you, but if you spent all your time online on ladder then it's probably not. It's a good game for what it is, but it's definitely a niche game and not for everybody.
  22. Nov 24, 2011
    nothing to see here just an over-rated game; it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype; definitely not worth the asking price. the game does run properly, but its all programmed in java, which sucks. its far from a masterpiece; its at best a temporary distraction; or a game to play if you have a computer from the stone age.
  23. Nov 23, 2011
    The reason i give this game is because modders made the game so interesting yet notch just throws a half baked game at you. Notch is the founder of Minecraft btw. So basically its a good game, amazing idea, PERFECT execution. Why a 5 then? Cuz notch is now too busy getting laid and signing papers to care about the game anymore. There used to be HUGE updates, upgrading visual effect and quality, more content....now they just fix bugs and leave it at that...i see modders who spend 2 days making a mod and BAM! we have small clay soldiers having a war, or a giant world where you and your friend have a all out war with skeletons and zombies with explosions eveywhere and upgraded combat algorithms! Yet Notch and his small team take a month to fix a bug where a monster accidently kills himself all the time cuz he touches water....like wow. So basically the game gets a 10, the developers now get a 0. So overall the package is a 5 because if you want to have fun you are going to mod. Thats the end of it. Expand
  24. Sep 14, 2011
    Very, very addictive game and this is one of the best game of 2011 and one of my favorite. You can create your ideal world oneself or with friends. This game is for everyone. I started play Minecraft 1 year ago and play now. New version is really great. I advice this game all creative people...... or everyone ;) Rate 10/10.
  25. Jun 2, 2012
    I have to give the user score a boost here, a lot of hateful trolls are trying to make it look bad.

Minecraft is what you make of it, and if you suck at making good things, then the game is going to suck for you. But that doesnt make it a bad game. You just suck.
  26. May 28, 2013
    It would be silly for me to say I don't love this game, given that i have a youtube channel centered around it. But the reason it isn't a 10 is because most of the stuff I love about this game is fan created content. The developers need to get of their asses and actually go somewhere with this game. This is a game that has so much potential, but the devs aren't doing anything with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Mojang spend more time at the office playing games than actually making them. Expand
  27. Feb 11, 2012
    A fun adventure/build/survival game. I played since fairly early Alpha stages before the game even had health, and on until mid beta stages. The openness - the level of customization in your creations only limited by the square shape of the game's blocks gives you an intriguing way to approach a landscape you can completely remove and mold to your liking. Want to build a town? Turn the world into a crater? A gauntlet of monsters? Farm chickens? Explore caves? All open options. I dumped many hours into this game. The only thing that keeps me from playing it now is the lack of stability in terms of servers being wiped, or updates requiring server wipes, corruption, etc. I wish I could still have all of my original creations and to have just continued to build on top of them. It's really disheartening losing out on old creations, but playing on the same server without ever needing a wipe/rebuild, the server going defunct because the person no longer wants to host it, massive game changes making it a near requirement to restart your server to be able to take advantage of the new content, and not being griefed in some capacity is pretty unlikely. It's a fun game, regardless. I just can't find myself playing it any more because I need 2 things - the ability to play with friends, and the ability to not have my creations thrown to the wind. But it seems you have to pick one or the other. If Notch can find a solution to this, I'll stick around. Perhaps a powerful map cut-and-paste type utility for you to transfer things from one server to another? A small file that can simply be opened and loaded into another server's map file, for example. That would be wonderful. Expand
  28. Dec 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK!So we're here to talk that overrated game: MINE CRAFT...
    The game is not bad but its not good either, people call some MINE CRAFT sh*t "art".How is that possible?
    Jesus Christ if that's art Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci is what?God made?
    The game is not boring,the music is normal and HELL! For an online game the players aren't like call of duty players, yes the game has no 12, 13 year old morons calling you noob or other things (well there's got to be but its rare...)
    So yeah for now the game is a 5/10..What can save or kill this game for me?
    the game play saves it...Like I said earlier in the review the game is not boring because of its gameplay,but remember i don't like building many things, just destroying and going to dungeon server looking for this.
    So i'll give the game a 8/10.
  29. Aug 1, 2012
    Whats interesting is that in the alpha stage, I would give this game a 9 or 10, it was a masterpiece that was constantly updated with excited content that kept us coming back for more and more. Sadly though, the "finished product" lacks so much of the charm from the alpha verisons and more importanltly feels like a very unfinished product. Notch is great in a lot of ways but to me, it feels like he rushed the release version for more profits which he honestly didnt need at that point and in doing so left his early fans dissapointed. The villager AI is basically non existant and I beleive they should have just been left out, it used to be you where the only humanoid in this world and that gave you a sense of that lone wolf lone survivor feel which was terrific. IF the villages had some decent AI this wouldnt be a problem but now they feel tacked on and pointless. The combat could have been so much more, but as it is, it is nothing but rapid mouse clicks, no thought AT ALL to strategy and some will argue thats not the point to minecraft but those people honestly dont realize that in a survival mode game, combat is the key element that seperates it from creative mode. Lastly, the survival mode promised since alpha was never released which was a big let down and I feel its because Notch figured he made his money from the game, why put more money into it to keep his fans happy. For alpha all of these downfalls were forgiven since hey, it was ALPHA, but for a supposedly fineshed product, it sure does not feel like one. I feel that a 7 is a fair score. Expand
  30. Mar 8, 2013
    I'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personally know 3 people who own their own. However, servers are still only interesting with mods, and as a base game, there's only so much you can do.
    In terms of standalone games, I'd recommend Terraria much more. However, if you're willing to put up with the installation of 30+ mods just to make the game better, I'd recommend this.
  31. Aug 17, 2013
    Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it. Than we have the new owner of Minecraft Jeb. Jeb completely ruined the game by adding all this new stuff that made the game look and feel worse. Everything went downhill from 1.8 and Jeb has only made it fall at a rapid rate. The game was not complete when released. It had little content and looked horrid compared to what it use to look like. Now we get rare updates that add more adventure qualities to a CREATIVE game! Look at the new update for example it added horses and that's about it and how long did it take them like an entire 2 months. This game is a sorry excuse for a game and I wish to see it burn! Minecraft is now a PvP game with terrible combat! 0/10 Expand
  32. Oct 23, 2014
    A truly wonderful game where you are the creator and you can build anything you want this game has been around for 5 years and its till only getting bigger. People are making YouTube Channels about his Twitch accounts. People are making mods, toys, phone cases, clothing, and its only getting bigger. They even have they're own convention. Over all this game is going down in video game history.
  33. Jan 26, 2011
    Minecraft is a simple game with simple mechanics and simple graphics but its very fun and addictive. The game is not a complete game is being updated once in a while. I can't really say anything negative because its all good but what this game lacks is a tutorial for beginners. Its an easy game but not for beginners. Minecraft is AWESOME and ADDICTING.
  34. Mar 25, 2011
    A great game to build, get together, and survive.

It has two game types so far; Survival (with multiplayer) and Classic. Classic is a building game-mod and is free to play. Survival is not free but has way more options than classic.

You have limitless possibility's to what you want to build or do on minecraft.

I recommend this game to almost everyone.
  35. Sep 19, 2011
    This game use to be fun, but its way too repetitive and boring
  36. Nov 27, 2011
    This is easily the best PC game I've played in years. There's so much content here, and that content keeps getting expanded on month after month after month. It started out as a small sort of Lego game, then mining got expanded, then building got expanded, we got minecarts, redstone circuitry to make complex machines, we got more mobs to go out and fight, biomes to explore. Snowlands, huge mountains, vast deserts. RPG mechanics, villagers, -pistons-... and there's more on the way. On top of that the game is highly moddable, the likes of which I, as a big time modder, haven't experienced much of since Morrowind, Half-Life 2, and Civ4. Expand
  37. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is a great example of how a game does not have to be complicated and with fancy graphics to be good. The game is very fun in creative, survival and in multiplayer. The only down side about this game would be that, on vanilla, this game can become rather boring. But Minecraft created a great community that started to create wonderful mods, texture packs, custom maps, adventure maps and more. Making Minecraft a game you can play for years. Expand
  38. Dec 20, 2011
    Having played this game from early beta I can safely say I got my money's worth. This is only true due to the modding community which the developer has refused to support by releasing a mod API( which would allow modding without editing core game files). The unmodded game is very bland. While it contains enemies and NPCs the AI of both are extremely lacking( with NPCs being completely uninteractible, even ignoring the player as they are being beaten to death and enemies moving in a straight line towards the player, being trapped by any pillar too high to jump over due to no pathfinding). The 'release' version of the game carries over many bugs that have existed throughout beta as well as bugs that accumulated near the end of beta when certain user-made mods were implemented into the core game(with less functionality).
    Overall it is an unfinished game by any standard. Anyone giving this game a green score is either doing it to spite others or are considering the work of the modding community in their score.
    to anyone who thinks it is correct to give this game a higher rating because of all the fun you had with the Yogbox mods, ect. remember that this is a review of the actual game, that actually has no support for any mods despite promises from the developer
  39. Jan 27, 2012
    All you do in MineCraft is smack everything with whatever's in your hand.I'll only respect that retro gamers will like this game, but not much else...
  40. Mar 29, 2013
    i have played the game, OH YEA i have played this game. it was fun. FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES. i liked modding and the game overall was pretty decent. till now. almost nothing useful has been added, only some serious useless no body's interested of. and this is an overrated piece of garbage anyway, so i say you mojang and your STUPID, OVER RATED trash. period!
  41. Oct 8, 2014
    Not worth the purchase at all! The game is full of bugs and glitches! It wouldn't download on my PC either. The controls were easy. I don't recommend Minecraft to anybody!
  42. Dec 6, 2011
    First I'd like to respond to people claiming I haven't played the game. I have (and continue) to spend 4+ hours a day in this game, and I've hosted a semi-popular for nearly 8 months now.

Now, minecraft is a revolutionary and fun game, and you will be amazed at how long you can keep on playing something as simple as this. If you get bored, you find a server with a different set of rules
    and plugins, and you get a completely new game in doing so. Minecraft has such great potential in so many ways, it's possible to make MMORPG-like servers, competetitive pvp servers, and everything in between.

The problem is, that mojang has decided to spend most of their time on other projects, and adding new features to minecraft. Why is this bad? Because they've released a non-working incredibly glitchy game, and yet they've decided to spend time on either making completely unrelated games, or making it more glitchy by adding more features.

Anybody who wants mojang to add more features is downright stupid, mojang will never be able to satisfy every persons need, it's an impossible task. The fact that so many kids want them to take on the task (and more incredibly that they have taken on the task) is just unbelievable considering the owner is supposedly a member of mensa.

Mojang have supplied us with the base, let the modders take over from here. The only feature they need to add now is some sort of clientside mod API, like spoutcraft but without the need for each player to install it. After this, fix bugs, make the game run as smooth as possible, but do not add anymore features.

FIXING BUGS > ADDING USELESS FEATURES
  43. Apr 12, 2011
    In a time when the gaming industry is becoming more and more dominated by developers unwilling to take risks, this is an independent gem, clever and inspired. The best way to describe it is "lego world," but that does it a disservice. It is simply hard to put a label on the game.

You start off in a randomly generated world, no weapons, no items. Your first action will be to punch a tree.
    From there you have ten minutes of in game daytime before night falls. By that time you should have built a shelter and have torches for light. If you survive your first night, the rest is up to you. You can dig a mile below the earth or build skyscrapers up to the clouds. Tools can be shaped to build better tools. You can build waterfalls, glass windows, chests, farm wheat, sugar, cactus, boats, docks, music blocks, switch operated doors and traps, elaborate transportation systems, underwater glass bases, lava pits, gates to hell, skywalks across forests or deserts or snow-covered hills or plains.

The world is yours to shape. Just watch out for creepers.
  44. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) One thing you've got to understand is that you've got to try Minecraft without expecting anything and just having fun WASTING YOUR TIME TRYING TO BREAK BLOCKS AND BUILD STUPID STRUCTURES. Then the game has gotten its hook into you and you stick to it for a while, having fun along the way. Trying to survive your firsts nights is a stressful but exciting experience that needs NOT to be spoiled. Exploring caverns without knowing anything about how the game works is one of the most amazing fun I have ever had.

Sadly, that's not the kind of game you "pass on". You fall into it.
  45. Apr 6, 2013
    I don't understand that why people think Minecraft is a low-graphic game? Are you serious? This game does not about GRAPHIC. This is about your creativity. You can do whatever you want! Like castles,houses... Example, someone made a Battlefield 3 map in Minecraft (Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be3CyvUptEc) This game will broad your mind. Just build something. Or play with your friends.
  46. Aug 13, 2013
    There is no story line to fallow. the only thing you do is create or survive. And they bought are prety. The reason I didn't gave this game 10/10 is that the game may not be enjoyable for a graphic fan. The game couldn't have more interactive. The only thing is the pirate version has almost everything the origina has 25 euros for changing your skin for multiplayer and premium only servers. How ever I suggest you to buy the origina version to support the developers. Expand
  47. Jul 1, 2014
    The vanilla game is great, but after a few weeks you get bored of it.
    The mods are where its at.
    There are literally hundreds of mods that you can play to keep you into the game.
    the only problem is that its hard to install mods at this time.
  48. Nov 22, 2014
    If you happen to have a time machine handy, go back to 2010. Minecraft was at its best then. Now, in 2014, the game is flooded with content. So much so, that it's as thinly spread out as a jar of peanut butter over the Atlantic Ocean. It has too much going for it, which kills the game as a whole. It only stands up for the complete stupidity of the "vanilla" or original mode with its absolutely MASSIVE modding community. But, if your game relies on mods to attract a crowd, you might as well head on over and sign up for Roblox, you illiterate ****
    TL;DR: A depressingly **** game that killed itself over time by saturating its content to the point of complete boredom. I can't go longer than 10 minutes playing this before I realize just how interesting my ceiling looks, a sign of true boredom. Consider this a platform to hold up mods, rather than a game and you can give it a solid 6/10. But, since this is a game, 2/10, you **** RIP Minecraft, an excellent game killed by oversaturation of content and a community that somehow beats out Call of Duty in the category of ****ty **** for ****s.
    Good if you need your spoiled ****face 10 year olds to shut up, otherwise, don't recommend. Want a real sandbox? Go play DayZ or something.
  49. Jun 22, 2014
    How could you call Mine craft not fun? When I first tried it out, I never knew that using your imagination and putting it into a game could be so much fun. From there, I wanted to learn more: how red stone works, how to build a TNT cannon, etc. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you know what you're doing, Mine craft is extremely addicting. Also to add on to the fun are mods and server plugins. They make Mine craft just very addicting, like a chewy cookie. This game is underrated by so many people, don't listen to them: they don't know what a good game is like. Expand
  50. May 1, 2012
    To be quite honest it's difficult to review a game like Minecraft. Core gameplay is all that resides here so there isn't much to review aside the initial fun factor. It's a game that, even with bad graphics, people whom complain about graphics shrug such a criticism aside for what the game is. It seems the only way for this game to exist is to have bad graphics, so in all retrospect it's not much of a criticism because if you complain about the graphics, you're complaining about the game. There's nothing much this game comes to. You either like to explore and find materials to survive and create a "scratch" life for yourself, or you do not. There's nothing much like minecraft. It's a game that never ends. There's only black and white, no gray. Personally I love the game. If you can call it a game. There are no real rules or boundaries that make it a game, and that's why it's so great. If you like to play something in which you can build whatever you want with virtual lego blocks, then you'll have a blast, because that's all you really do here. I mean you eat and survive and mine the materials in which you build. Though it comes down to you and you're creations, as well as playing online with others to build with and explore new areas with to get resources. Personally I like playing with a friend or community, otherwise it becomes quite boring playing on your own single player game. I would recommend this game to anyone that is into building virtual structures, and to nobody that isn't. Minecraft is for a very select. Playing such a game it's quite astonishing to find that select is so large. Expand
  51. May 7, 2012
    The game is unfinished, however, I can't help but love this game. The simple yet fun premise, the large open area given to you, and the fact that there is almost no limit to the things you can create. And as much of a sheep as I may sound, I like a game that updates itself like this, it almost never gets old for me and there is always something new. I like this game, it's really fun, I highly recommend it. Expand
  52. Jun 19, 2012
    Minecraft impressed me from It's outstanding and unique gameplay, and distracted me from the glitches. Even It doesn't have an actual tutorial. Except from those problems, Minecraft is great . Crafting is clever, mining is outstanding, exploring is an experience that you should not miss, and overall, It's unique and fun.
  53. Jul 20, 2012
    I'm not enjoying this game. It's nothing against the plot of it (Mining/building) It's just that I don't like the graphics. Large pixels and 3D games aren't my thing. I also don't like the lag that the game gives me. I lag, and I've got a really nice computer.

I don't like it, personally, but I can really see how it appeals to a lot of people! If you are a fan of 3D games, get this!
  54. Sep 29, 2012
    There is a very special feeling you get when first playing Minecraft. The simple sense of adventure and discovery is strong at your first stages. After knowing everything, you get interested in finding ores and resources, diamond especially. Then after having a nice amount of resources, you finally decide to use your imagination at it's near peak and build something creative, amazing and colossal. If you stop playing Minecraft after this stage then your imagination has nothing to give to this massive world of blocks, filled with possibilities. (Plus there are mods to add to the experience). Expand
  55. Mar 29, 2013
    Opening the door for creativity and absolute sandbox give this game a perfect score in my book. Gamers understand that sometimes the modding community can make the game so much more than its original developers... for for that This game will be forever entered into the hall of firsts. some times good graphics do not matter, as long as mechanics and fun exist. HINT HINT AAA developers.
  56. Oct 14, 2013
    This game is really fun and when I played it for the most part I enjoyed it to hell. This game in incredibly fun and enjoyable. This game is extremely creative and I would recommend this game to anyone, this is a good game for even little kids to play on the PC.

The uniquness of servers makes this game fun, for example making a faction and trying to maintain it with other players while
    defending it from rivalry factions or attacking rivalry factions.

Or creative servers where you build as free as you can.

The ability to play with MODS which change the game like for example, Biblio Craft it adds furniture to the game. Or Mo' Creatures, adding tons of animals to the game. There are tons of mods for everyone's liking's and can change the game completely.

This is another MUST get.
  57. Nov 25, 2013
    Minecraft haven't conquered me in the pc edition, i like to play in the Xbox 360, even with all the mods that the PC edition have.
    Just like, you don't have any instruction, it's like mojang saying to you Learn by yourself !!!
    Altought if you know how to play, you are going to love it.
  58. Jan 17, 2013
    I really don't understand all the hate in this review thread. The game is amazing. With mods, you can really make it look modern, and quite nice. Actually, with mods, you can do just about anything in this game. That is a huge part of what makes it so great. The unique design, addictive gameplay, and the endless amount of creative possibility also add to the greatness. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time, and the fact that it is indie is somewhat astronishing. There really is sooo much to do, and it's a fun, calming experience. I love survival mode, which I don't believe they had during the release. Multiplayer with friends is also a lot of fun. Highly recommend this game, Expand
  59. Nov 24, 2011
    This game is absolute rubbish. The combat is mindlessly simple spamming of mouse 1 and the enemies pathing and AI is a joke. The building and mining is incredibly boring. The "exploration" is an absolute waste of time. The entire game is the same thing with slightly different textures. What a waste of money.
  60. Feb 10, 2012
    MINECRAFT (V.1.0 REVIEWED): An indie game that you guys have been waited for. After playing the BETA version, I can't wait for the complete version to be released. Unfortunately there's a little disappointment here. Is it just me or the Minecraft is getting more RPG-ish? I mean what's with all these potions and boss battles? I just want a simple game that allows me to mine stuff and make my own mining company. I liked that kind of game, especially when it's in the First Person Perspective. Oh yes, there's the BuildCraft mod. I want that mod to be the whole game! I just want miners and assistant for me just to.. You know, mine stuff? I liked the idea of dungeons and abadoned structures inside the world, but the game just can't focus on the mining aspects, but instead it's focusing on Dungeon Crawling RPGs. I think that's what the game was supposed to be, but I want more mining options in the later version. That's my main problem in the game. But so far, it's an Okay game. I can't rate it higher because this simple game can't run in a simple netbook. So one suggestions to Mojang, can you guys built-in the Optifine mod inside the game? There are tons of mods that can fix the game and tweak the game too, but the Vanilla isn't a recommendation for you guys. It's addicting, but disappointing too. I'm sorry guys, I love you Notch, I love you Minecraft, but I'm expecting more than just a Dungeon Crawling Adventure. I want you guys to focus on Mining. That's all. [6/10] "Okay" Expand
  61. Jan 19, 2012
    A great creative game that I spent a lot of hours on, the fact that you can almost do anything is the thing that usually sucks me in, plus, the graphics although not super good, are great at making the feel of minecraft.
  62. Dec 6, 2011
    Minecraft is a genre in its own and manages to make tedious gameplay fun and exciting with a cool original look. Also its free if you download it, don't make an account, and play in offline mode :P
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most addicting games EVER. I have not stopped playing this game since it came out in beta. with the new 1.0.0 update this game is better than ever with potion brewing and a new realm with a final dragon boss to fight. I have also bought this game for the Ipod, which works like creative mode. This game is one of the best I have ever played. 10/10 Expand
  64. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft is a great game. Its not perfect, but a step in the right direction. everyone trolls about this game having bad graphics. It doesn't. Its a game of blocks. the textures are pixilated, but there's plenty of texture packs to fix this problem if your really worried about that sort of thing. the game plays well enough, tight controls and excellent crafting, but combat is very awkward. the main thing i actually have a problem with is the games bugs. there's a lot of them, and most are simply overlooked. but i cant say that these things have actually annoyed me that much. when your constantly basking in the game's beauty, you not worried about these things. you're thrust in this new world of mystery, you wake up, knowing nothing about the world around you, and you have to figure out whats going on. how to survive. once you do this, you'll be spend endless hours building in the infinite space that the game has. you'll know that the problems are there, but you wont care about them. you'll create your city, your empire. you'll find many ores and go to the nether, and once your done there, you discover the "End". and you'll realize the evil that this beautiful world has under its surface. and once you sit through the incredible and unique credits, you come back wanting more. Expand
  65. Jan 21, 2012
    The singleplayer is quite fun for awhile as long as you have imagination, but once you show off all your things to your friends, it starts to become boring as you no longer have a purpose of making things. The multiplayer would be awesome, but it just has too many trolls and griefers to show off your creations to the whole world because one you leave, and the next morning you get up and get on, your awesome creation would probably be destroyed and replaced with some crappy wood house. The graphics are bad, but its okay to live with, but in all, I don't think the game is worth $27, I bought GMOD for $10 and its basically a builder game too but with better graphics. Overall, an overpriced game that gets boring after awhile. Expand
  66. Mar 10, 2012
    This game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, but it's not very hard to move forward while bashing the attack button either. The graphics are bad, but in a sort of nostalgic way. For some reason, it still requires a top end computer though, because I still have framerate issues from time to time.

online play is the worst. It is literally filled with absolutely nothing but griefers.
    I have been on 10 different servers all claiming to have no griefers and yet, every single one I have been on does.

Offline play quickly becomes boring though. Once you create your masterpieces, you have no one to show it to and the game is just repetitive after a short while.

I can see why people like the game for the ability to create things, but I think there are better games out there for that. It's quite expensive for the quality you get as well. I might consider it a 5$ purchase at best.
  67. Aug 17, 2012
    This is my favorite game of all time. If you ever enjoyed playing with legos, this game is the only one to adequately capture that feeling. Combine that with regular free updates and a huge modding community and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should rate this game poorly. The terrain generator alone can keep you busy exploring your unique world for hours. Multiplayer is even more fun, because you can build things cooperatively and show them off. As I read some of these negative reviews, I can't help but feel like these people are used to much more linear games and expect minecraft to demand their attention until a set end point like most games do. It does not. Minecraft is less of a "game" to beat and more of a toy, one that you'll keep coming back to again and again if you have any spark of creative spirit. Expand
  68. Jun 2, 2013
    No matter what gaming mood I'm in, Minecraft is playable everyday. I love this game. It's so fun by myself and with friends. It takes a creative mind to build spectacular things. You literally can't go wrong with Minecraft people.
  69. Aug 10, 2013
    minecraft SUCKS! no just kidding its a really well made game with the need to make whatever you whant but this really good but i need to start on the battleblock review so 10-10
  70. Aug 17, 2013
    Minecraft is my favorite game of all time. Haters gonna hate because they are too retarded to think that callofduty is the best game known to man. minecraft is awesome.
  71. Sep 28, 2014
    If your into gaming, there's probably nothing you already don't know about Minecraft. Chances are you have it, played it and love it. However Minecraft is only fun if you have a vivid and strong imagination for things to create. If not then perhaps you waste your savings on the new Call of Duty. Even with 1.8 Minecraft still has a lot to do and improve. I would not say this is for everyone, there are frustrations if you don't know how to start things off. If you have the console version this won't be a problem since there is a tutorial and basically tells you the crafting recipes and points out every block you see. Don't be fooled into thinking this game is only playable on "The master race" that is PC because it isn't. But while it is undoubtedly dumbed down for players in the console version and doesn't have as many updates it is still fun and you do still get a sense of accomplishment on either really. Minecraft should at least be tried by everyone just too see what all the fuss is about then you might find yourself remembering every rule and crafting recipe in the game at three in the morning. Expand
  72. Mar 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a very unique game, but does it deserve this much acclaim?

Pros:
    It gives you total freedom
    Nice LEGO style graphics

Cons:
    Dull combat
    Boring gameplay
    It's more of a toy rather than a game

Minecraft does have its moments, but it's not quite the game I wanted
  73. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spawning in a world, punching wood, surviving the night... too destroying the ender dragon! This game is arguably the best game ever (so far) the fact that you don't just explore a world, you explore... And edit the world amazes me, and many others, that is why I give this a ten! Expand
  74. Nov 24, 2011
    Disclaimer: Played every version since 1.2 alpha. As a game, it sucks. As a game, it sucks. The ending is poorly done an innovative compared to the other concepts in the game. After these newer updates, minecraft has become seemingly random. It started as a creativity game, but started getting odd RPG elements like leveling, dragon bosses, fortresses, and enchanting. All of which seem prehistoric compared to modern games. If you are looking for enjoyment, it is in the building. That is where this game soars. It's awesome to build castles and mines, but I wish it hadn't strayed so much. I blame Notch's laziness. Notch slowed his updates to a crawl once he got rich and started vacationing most of the time. Minecon's high ticket price makes me think that it was for-profit and it make it harder to respect the MineCraft game/company. So, overall, MineCraft ended up as a messy, unfinished game with strange elements, but being creative can lead to lots of fun. You just have to come up with the creativity yourself. Expand
  75. Nov 25, 2011
    Minecraft is... okay, especially with friends. But I don't think it has the appeal of a fully finished game. Notch did a terrific job of creating this environment in which people can explore, build, or fight, but I feel as if each part of the game is unfinished. Mods do a very, very, VERY good job of fixing this, and some of the mods I have used truly blow my mind with how good they can make Minecraft. But Notch hasn't finished the Mod API, and even when he does it will be heavily restrictive. I think that if Notch wanted to, he could literally just leave everything to modders, and the game would improve drastically. Modders can create content for the game, for free, that is often of a higher quality than elements made by Notch. It's pretty much free labor by enthusiasts. Expand
  76. Apr 29, 2011
    Extremely open premise, and a fun world, make Minecraft a light hearted, good time.

The only reasons you really shouldn't try this game are if you don't want to use your imagination, or if graphics are an imperative for you to have a good time. The game is still in "beta," but the game is purchasable. While the developers are constantly making changes, most of them are good, and the open
    ended world can be fun if you put the time into it! Expand
  77. Nov 22, 2011
    Probably one of the best games ever created in the history of man..........................................................................................................
  78. May 16, 2012
    Ok, actually this game is bad. I starts funny, ok. But then.... later on it's just very, very boring. Ok, it's cheap. But this is the only good point at that game. Don't buy.
  79. Jun 11, 2012
    Great game very unique lots of creative thing's to do.
    This game is worth playing its very independent very fun.... I bought it when it was 13$ and only like 200 people a day bought it. It has a whole bunch of new thing's and it was worth 13 easy and is worth 30$ easy.
  80. Jan 3, 2012
    Me-Buys 2000$ computer that can run Crysis and Skyrim Maxed out with full anti-aliasing
    MInecraft- Java
    Me- Cant run 256x256 texture packs without lag
    Java, I'm done here
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    I love Minecraft. It's a great game, and it's ensnared me for almost as much as some of The Elder Scrolls games. It's gotten me through boring calculus lectures and has inspired my Halloween costume. With Minecraft finally being "released", it's interesting when you look back at what it was like when you started. I am going to review this in three different sections: Single Player, Creative Mode, and Multiplayer.

Single Player:

I started in the early-middle Beta (around Beta 1.3). It was a fun game, building a house to protect yourself from the horrors at night, mining deep down in to the earth to find iron, gold, or, if I was lucky, diamond. I died quite a bit from experimentation (Hint: Don't dig straight down. That lava is nasty stuff.) but I always kept playing. It's addicting. Even now, it's still great. Since I started, they've added new mobs (for those that don't know, mob is short for mobile), new enemies, new blocks, and new concepts. Instead of only caves to explore, there are now strongholds, abandoned mine shafts and more. It's a blast to play, trying to discover that next cave to explore and mine. The experience system is rather shallow and pointless (enchanting weapons is the only current purpose for those damn green orbs) and I prefer the days of no food bar, where you could simply eat food and your health healed depending on what you ate.

I have a few minor gripes with the single player, but they are easily overlooked. SP is, in my opinion, the best part of Minecraft.

Creative Mode:

Think of this as your canvas to build whatever you want. You have unlimited access to all the blocks and you can build to your heart's content. A castle, a giant Mario, an underground dungeon...it's all up to you. This is a fun, albeit rather boring at times, mode. It is good to experiment with, however. Creative mode helped me finally refine all the redstone circuits (complicated electrical stuff) and has helped me tap in to my inner Minecraft engineer. It's a good mode, but not something that can be played constantly. Multiplayer:

Everyone's experiences with multiplayer depends on what server you play on. I ultimately found it to be kind of boring, no matter if I was on a strict survival server, an RPG server, or just with some of my friends. There is only so much to do in multiplayer and, if you are on a server that is inhabited by many different players, it is likely someone else has already mined that cave you found, or has griefed (destroyed) your house while you were offline. This is the only reason I really gave Minecraft a 9.

Overall, Minecraft is a great game that will take your life away. You'll be obsessed with finding diamonds, caves, or beating that dragon. You'll find yourself crossing oceans just to find a wolf to follow you around. It's a great game that everyone should play.
  82. Dec 4, 2011
    Throw out the clearly biased low scores who have some sort of hatred against the deveolpers (judging by reading the reviews), and the high ones. You get a score around 7. I say it is an 8. Is it worth the full price tag of around $28.00? Probably not. I bought it while indev, and I still think that was a bit steep for the game. But it's an oddly fascinating game. Created from independent developers...complaining about the development time and graphics....well what do you expect? Mojang and Notch hit above their weight with this game. The purpose was for the community to create something out of it. That purpose has been fulfilled. Just look at the mods out there. Don't hate on the developers, they achived what they set out to do. Expand
  83. Dec 21, 2011
    Can the people who JUST bought this game please stop making reviews for it.
    You give it a 10 and in a week or less you're gonna find you'reself playing a better game like starcraft 2 or skyrim. It's not bad, but its not worth paying for at all, you're paying for mods and lego.
    Dwarf fortess.....
  84. Feb 2, 2012
    The game isn't horrible, but for 30 dollars this isn't worth it for the average person. Survival becomes incredibly boring once you're done making your house with all your friends(this game is horrible unless you play it with friends). Unless you can sit for hours and build crazy things with your friends, this is a no go. Setting up your own server isn't hard, but the lack of a server browser is a major detriment to the game, the multiplayer is the only good aspect, me and my friend bought the game when it was $15 and have played it a lot, but it has a sizable amount of problems as everyone else has explained. The game is good if you and your buds can sit around building crazy stuff, but don't expect a 10/10 amazing experience that critics promise. Expand
  85. Oct 17, 2012
    17OCT2012 - At first I thought to myself "Why am I playing this crappy looking game?" Then about nine hours later I was addicted and asked myself "Why am I still playing this crappy looking game?" If your criteria for judging a video game is based on graphics then this game would receive a low score. However for fun and re-playability this game receives a perfect score. The world in Minecraft is massive. So massive that if you started running in one direction 24/7, you would reach the end of the world in a little over three months real time. With each patch the game gets better. Multiplayer is where the real fun is at. Cooperative gameplay or player vs player makes for a great LAN party game. Highly recommended. Expand
  86. Feb 10, 2012
    Yeah it has some good stuff in it but after a few hours you feel like you want something .... lets say more!
  87. May 6, 2013
    After I bought my Xbox 360, the game I wanted the most was Fallout 3, a game that I heard had taken some people's sleep due to its depth and infinite possibilities that kept people thinking about what decision to make next and what would be the outcome of that decision. I did end up buying Fallout 3 but it didn't kept me awake at night like it did to some people (still, a great game!). The game that did that for me was Minecraft. The idea of being able to modify the ole world and build everything I could think of was incredible! Even more incredible when the stuff you build actually had a purpose, to help you survive. I really became a fan of survival games when I started to play Minecraft, unfortunately, the survival element of the game disappears after the first 4 or 5 in-game days because, by that time, I'd already built myself a basic house, I had a mine and I had weapons. It turns into sandbox RPG where you just want to raid dungeons, farm XP, get better gear, kill bosses and then kill the Ender Dragon (the final boss). The developers really got me confused when they started putting these RPG-ish things into the game (bosses, leveling system, potions, dungeons, enchantments...) instead of enhancing the survival aspect of Minecraft. That (to me) was a problem. Another problem tis game has is that you will probablly lose interest on the game when you get to the middle part of the game because you've become so strong and resourcefull that nothing feels challenging anymore. Lucklly for Minecraft, those are the only mistakes I found in the game. The random map generator is amazing, the creative mode lets you use every block in the game so you can just build awesome stuff hardcore mode adds permadeath, making the game more challenging and the multiplayer makes everything more enjoyable (and there's LAN). I gave this game a 7 out of 10, not because it's a good survival game but because it's a great adventure game that's even better with friends, because it allows you to shape the world as you want and because of the amazing world generator that give this game a lot of re-playability. If you own a PC, you probably already played Minecraft, but if you haven't, you have to! Expand
  88. May 15, 2013
    Minecraft is brilliant! The game is about placing blocks and surviving. Although it might sound weird, it is really worth a try. I've put hundreds of hours in this game, and it never gets boring!

The game is regularly updated and there's always new things to play around with. The only limit in Minecraft, is you. Just imagine how much you can achieve with an unlimited world and tons of
    blocks to build with. If that's not enough, there's a lot of mods and modpacks for the game. Many people are against the new updates that added features like enchanting or leveling but I personally don't have anything against these. These are survival elements that makes the game more fun. Minecraft will mainly always be about creativity and building so it doesn't really matter. Expand
  89. Sep 7, 2013
    ---Rating--- Design: 4 /5 (constantly in-development, but no improvement to rudimentary core mechanics) Polish: 3 /5 ("stylized" if simplistic graphics, buggy and finicky at times, generally poorly optimized) Value: 5 /5 (a toolset of unlimited potential that re-defines the sandbox genre at a very fair price) ---Review--- Agency and freedom are two things that I value highly in games, and on both of those counts Minecraft is a brilliant and innovative success. The number of Minecraft-inspired, voxel-based sandbox clones is all the more impressive if you take into account how the original game came out of nowhere. However, despite its dominating position, one could definitely see how another game might be able to do what Minecraft does but better.

This is because Minecraft simply hasn't improved significantly since its early Beta stages. Although the continuous development process is a good thing in and of itself, the quality of the updates to the game thereby churned out is inconsistent at best. While detours into the lackadaisical might have been more understandable when Notch- the game's original creator- was solely responsible for development, the game continues to receive updates that seem directionless and poorly conceived. At best new features seem random and disconnected from the rest of the game, and at worst they amount to little more than introducing simplified versions of popular community mods into the vanilla game.

I suspect that Mojang is simply too afraid to tinker with even the minor details of the core experience as it existed from the game's beginning, and thus they believe that piling more underdeveloped content on is the way to ensure the game's longevity. The result is a fun game that hasn't reached its full potential and that probably won't do so until Mojang ventures to introduce some complexity into the game's core systems, instead of relying on the emergent depth of gameplay that Notch fortunately happened upon.
  90. Sep 29, 2013
    This game is horrible, let me first start by saying the graphics are just HORRIBLE, and the game is way too overpriced. The only thing you can do in this game is place stupid blocks. Combat is also boring, there are no animatons and the sound effects are horrible. 0 out of 10
  91. Feb 22, 2014
    Ah, good old Minecraft... I honestly don't know where to start with this one. Discussing Minecraft in a negative manner is extremely dangerous thanks to the amount of drooling drones that will defend this game to their last breath. Hmm... Well, let's break this review up into multiple categories.

1. Graphics
    This is a very subjective and sensitive topic to elaborate on. It all comes
    down to your personal opinion. Some people like Minecraft's 'retro' graphical style, and some people say it's disgusting. But games aren't all about the graphics, right? Well, maybe for some people... Don't worry though, the vast modding community surrounding the game has come up with many fantastic texture mods to suit your needs. Hell, you can even make a texture mod yourself if you wanted to. Personally, I think the original textures look bland and boring, but I digress...

2. Sound
    The sound design for Minecraft is nothing short of a masterpiece. Whether smashing a block, or listening to the game's soundtrack, you'll instantly be satisfied. I haven't found one person that doesn't like Minecraft's vast soundtrack. It has a calm and soothing tone to it. Sometimes you'll hear creepy cave wind sounds when mining, or hear running water when near a stream. It's definitely one of the better things about Minecraft. There are many different sounds modifications as well.

3. Gameplay
    Minecraft's simplistic nature is what makes it so easy to pick up and play. Well, when you learn the different crafting recipes of course. But this fact is also it's greatest downfall... After you've conquered every dungeon and cave, found every mineral and treasure, and built your own little town, there's not much left to do. The game has no plot or purpose, it's just kind of there for you to paint your own world on the canvas of your own choosing. I'm simply saying after doing this same process over and over, it starts to grow on you. It becomes less and less exciting for every diamond or rare goodie you find. Don't worry though, there's tons of mods to keep you interested, right? Eh, most of the mods are focused on making the game even easier than it already is so... it's a mixed bag. It all comes back to your own opinion.

4. Community
    This goes without saying... Minecraft's community is horrible. Lemme give you some insight on what kinds of 'people' I've come across.

A. Extremely immature children that think they know everything and anything about the world.
    B. Teenagers that have no life outside of coming home from school and sitting on their computer.
    C. Adults in their 30s and 40s that haven't quite grown up yet.
    D.(EXTREMELY RARE) All around good people that respect fellow players and the game itself.

So yeah, another mixed bag... Eh, this topic is pretty pointless. It'll only serve to get more mindless drones to thumb down this review because they can't accept the truth.

Conclusion...
    All in all, this game is not horrendously bad... It has it's flaws, but let's be honest... The only thing that has kept this game afloat in recent years is the vast modding community that adds new content regularly. The original developers, Mojang, have become greedy and lazy, and are just letting the community do their work for them. The only thing they seem to add to the game are more bugs and glitches. I am appalled at the childish behavior by the main developers on social media sites... But the matter of the fact is, money changes people. It makes them evil. That's a fact we can all agree on...

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate you taking time out of your day for my review. To all the mindless drones, go ahead and thumb this down into oblivion. I really don't care.

-Starkiller94
  92. Jan 22, 2011
    Enjoy it while you can. This game was and still is incredible, but I get the feeling that it's slipping. The creator, Notch, is a failure of a programmer who should win the prize for the most inefficient coding that has graced this Earth. The core of this game is poorly coded, but Notch chose to ignore it and continue coding to the point where it's too late to do anything about it.

Other
    than that, it's an excellent game with a wonderful concept, but it's only set to get worse as far too many features will be added and will mar the initial charm of the game. (Dragons!? Wtf!? You trying to ruin this game!?) It's a shame the 'engine' for this game is far too poorly coded to be released with an SDK. It would have made this game incredible. My solution? Recode the whole damn thing now, before it get's any worse! Expand
  93. Apr 18, 2012
    Was EXTREMELY FUN at first, but the updates are terrible. They said they would make combat better, they didn't. They said they would make it more "adventurous" with an "adventure update", they didn't. What they did was make small village things with these creatures that do nothing, and I mean NOTHING. I wasn't too bugged by this though. The hunger is just an annoyance. Then they added cats, which really pissed me off, not because I was mad about them adding cats, but because instead of fixing many of the GAME BREAKING BUGS (I'm serious, the game lags more than Skyrim) they added CATS. Also the golems, they also do nothing, there aren't any zombie attacks or anything to defend against. The game WAS great, best game I ever played, but that was before the useless updates and laziness of staff.

TL;DR: Was a great game, ruined by pointless updates and game-breaking bugs.
  94. Dec 1, 2011
    I picked up Minecraft well into the beta about nine months ago. Overall, I have been pleased overall with my gameplay experience. Minecraft has an insanely huge game world that lets you do whatever the heck you want. With a plethora of gamemodes and solid multiplayer, it is a great all around offering. Unfortunately this game is VERY demanding in terms of hardware, especially RAM. Don't even think about running this game with less than 4GB as it will be very laggy even at tiniest render distances, While there are various Java fixes that can be used to help you get the most out of the game, the steep RAM requirement keeps it from being as accessable and fun as it should be. However, if your computer has the minerals to run it, Minecraft is an innovative, top-notch experience that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  95. Nov 28, 2011
    Great game, the bad graphics may be a minus, but compared to the stunning gameplay and the huge amount of things you can do for fun. I would say you'll love it!
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Minecraft is a very fun game if your bored or are playing with mates. Everything is repetitive thats why this game will only get an 8 from me. But on the other hand it does have many things to keep you going. In MC you can build and do anything you want which is the fun side, but then once you have built a house and dug a big mine you think to yourself why am I dont this? and then you shut down your computer and go watch TV. Thats really what Minecraft is in a few hundred words. Minecraft is worth the money if your a sandbox gamer, but your like me and randomly saw yogscast one day and thought cool that look fun then dont buy it because theres two of them and one of you and at the end of the day your a very lonely person standing in a block house hiding from a green block monster at night. Expand
  97. Apr 2, 2012
    93 metascore?Seriously93?This does deserve 50-60.No,i don;t care about the graphics,they are supposed to be bad anyway.I care about the gameplay,which is bad.REALLY bad.It gets boring very easily,after 2-3 hours it just becomes generic.Why play this when i have Skyrim to play with?
  98. May 17, 2012
    Minecraft very rarely stops surprising, has simple and fun gameplay, great multiplayer features, lots of extra downloadables, and guarantees lots of fun. However, there are a few momnets when you can get bored or don't have anything to do. Minecraft is a game where YOU have to make up your own story or decide what you want to do. It doesn't have any rules and THAT's what makes it so good.
  99. Jul 26, 2012
    Minecraft is amazing! This is a great example to what games should be. Complete freedom and choice. Like you can do almost whatever you want. You can mine, build, farm, and do much, much more. The game may seem difficult and frustrating when first playing survival, but once you know all you need to know, it becomes quite fun and simple. Even though the graphics look like they're from the 90's, the game is still a true masterpiece. Expand
  100. Sep 2, 2012
    Minecraft was a good game, when notch was developping it, he listened to fans and updated according to that, but now that he has left, he has let a drunk phyco run the game
    Really? emeralds? stupid annoying npc's and extreme lag even if the graphics are bad
    I'd say that if notch dosent get his fat- ass on that developer chair again, minecraft will go to a
    wonderfull and fun indie to a
    complete disaster
    im giving a 5 because of minecraft before

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]