7.4

1. Dec 27, 2015
    Minecraft may be fun at the start... but like every game in the world... after a while, it gets boring... like way too fast. It deserves a better rating from me but a 6 would do it. All you do is just basically build and fight to survive. Doesn't that sound fun? It does from the start.
  2. Jul 3, 2016
    I do not like multiplayer cause it's boring and has an annoying community. But the other things like realms, singleplayer, and other stuff I'm okay with but the game can get boring sometimes. I don't know if I would recommend it. Only if your really bored I guess.
  3. Apr 18, 2015
    It took me many attempts to actually somewhat enjoy this game in the end. It has a new type of gameplay (especially for the time when it was first released and before many of its clones came out). It's mostly about digging ores and then crafting items. Also some players (especially small kids) will be interested to build toy houses from blocks. Aside from the primitive survival andIt took me many attempts to actually somewhat enjoy this game in the end. It has a new type of gameplay (especially for the time when it was first released and before many of its clones came out). It's mostly about digging ores and then crafting items. Also some players (especially small kids) will be interested to build toy houses from blocks. Aside from the primitive survival and fighting mechanic, it's mostly just a Lego constructor. Terraria and Don't Starve are much better games because they add a purpose to the whole thing. Minecraft is very unfriendly to new players: for the recipes you have to go to online wikis, management of the inventory is tedious, and the graphics are ugly, especially those of the mobs. Still, even if it's a somewhat enjoyable game, it doesn't deserve the hype around it at all. Expand
  4. Jun 27, 2013
    When I first started to play Minecraft, I had no clue what to do. After a while, I began to figure things out, building mud shacks. As I got better, I built bigger and cooler buildings. There was a point while I played this game where I was addicted, trying to build giant structures, spending hours at a time completely immersed. It was really cool.
    And then it got boring. After a while,
    And then it got boring. After a while, the game just loses its original charm and becomes a chore to play.

My fun while playing Minecraft is like a parabolic curve. I started off bored, got really into it, then at the end got really bored. The first two weeks are still a blast, so I'd recommend giving it a shot.
  5. Sep 10, 2015
    Minecraft starts out really fun. You must build, survive and fight. However, after a while, Creative Mode (where you are immortal and build anything, with immediate access to all the materials) can get boring, Survival Mode can become sort of repetitive, and before you know it your closing your computer after an hour or less.
  6. Dec 16, 2012
    Good game, but not technically. The game offers a nice gameplay for the first 4 hours. Then, it becomes boring and you have to play multiplayer. Multiplayer is good, and offers some plugins feature, but it can't be a very good multiplayer, since the game isn't that competitive.
  7. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Sandbox-junkies will find a lot to do, but players looking for a game with goals and objectives should steer clear.
  8. Feb 13, 2012
    I was born a hugely creative person. I focus on artwork, screenplays, and am trying to make headway in the film world. As either a screenwriter or possibly director. I am also a gamer, and have been seeking out creative games. I loved the old rpg maker, little big planet. Any opportunity I get to create something I take it. This game had a fantastic initial impression, It was far betterI was born a hugely creative person. I focus on artwork, screenplays, and am trying to make headway in the film world. As either a screenwriter or possibly director. I am also a gamer, and have been seeking out creative games. I loved the old rpg maker, little big planet. Any opportunity I get to create something I take it. This game had a fantastic initial impression, It was far better than I was expecting. I purchased it when it was in early alpha. And while it's a good game - it's not the game I want it to be. While it's very fun going onto peoples servers and looking at what insane rpg-like creations they have made - and it's even more fun creating underground worlds. In every way that I want this game to be more, it dead ends. It's great for spending a lot of time in, but like most mmo games. It leaves you hollow. In this case it's more noble than a mmo's purposeful time consuming-for-money content. It's simply the lack of evolution. To sum it up. This game is brilliant. It's just not as brilliant as it has the potential to be. And as a result I see nothing but limitations. Expand
  9. Nov 29, 2012
    This game never called me, just when a friend told me to give it a try i checked it out. At the beginning i got addicted to it but after playing some hours i got bored. This game at the beginning is fun, finding your first diamond but . . . it ends soon. The good thing in this game are the constant updates and the mods made by players. I think the game is expensive for what it is. TheThis game never called me, just when a friend told me to give it a try i checked it out. At the beginning i got addicted to it but after playing some hours i got bored. This game at the beginning is fun, finding your first diamond but . . . it ends soon. The good thing in this game are the constant updates and the mods made by players. I think the game is expensive for what it is. The graphics suck ba***. The first thing i noticed is the horrible graphics that almost made my eyes suicide when i saw people actually playing this but overall is not a bad game, maybe with a little more of story and more development it could have been a great game, who knows? Expand
  10. Oct 18, 2013
    i admit that minecraft is a original game
    it has an original gameplay
    but what can i say?
    minecraft its no for me
    i guess its not enought fun for me
    i dont see the interesting
  11. Jan 1, 2012
    Minecraft used to be one of the best. I still "like" it, but Minecraft was utterly terrible towards the end of the year. 1.7 was amazing, it was a fun solid, blockarific game. It was quite clever in a matter of elements to the game. 1.8 came out and fried the game whole. It started with hunger, which ruined the normal expirence for me. Creative mode is just bad, it's just like legitimateMinecraft used to be one of the best. I still "like" it, but Minecraft was utterly terrible towards the end of the year. 1.7 was amazing, it was a fun solid, blockarific game. It was quite clever in a matter of elements to the game. 1.8 came out and fried the game whole. It started with hunger, which ruined the normal expirence for me. Creative mode is just bad, it's just like legitimate mods, and how is that fun? Then they added crap to the nether, and etc. Minecraft is just like any other video game now. It's amazing how it turned to one of the year's best into the biggest trainwrecks this year. Is Minecraft still a good game? Yes, yes it is. Do I still play it? If I'm bored, yes. Do I recommend this game? Yes, but 1.8+ ruined some of the best elements of the game. In 1.9, they added Villagers, them alone ruins the clever feeling of YOU being the last person on earth. Which is how I felt before they came out. 1.0.0 had a bug, where servers are down, saying there is an invalid server key. Thirst was "added" but there is no bar, it just helps prevent your hunger from going down. I forgot to mention expirence, which makes this sandbox game into a RPG. These updated also, take the fun out of Mineraft, they are taking a blocky "creep controled" land, too seriously. However, what was Minecraft is still there, and you will still enjoy this game and probably always will. Minecraft will always be itself in a unique way, and it is worth the cheap 20 dollar price tag. Mojang and Markus Persson have overall, done proud with Minecraft and they still continue to update it. However, I still look forward to see what they have planned for us in the future as they are very intelligent and I'm sure they will release a few witty updates. Although its no longer a sandbox game, Minecraft is still enoyable, and that is what videogames are all about. Expand
  12. Aug 29, 2016
    Well so what can i say about this Game?

What made the biggest negative impact was every patch above 1.7.10. Most of the mods are not compatible with higher versions so i guess the modders feel same.

You atleast need optifine to not immediately kill yourself.
    Eats Ram like hot dogs.
    If you got a chance to get it for less than 20€ then do it. Not worth more than 10 bucks tbh.
  13. Dec 31, 2011
    Hurrah! I have deleted my game rating account and am back to doing games on here. The first thing I would like to say is that Minecraft is a helluva fun time, for a while. Skyrim had the same problem: after hours of fun, it gets boring. I got it for free, so I am not complaining, but kudos to the guys who had to pay for it.
  14. Jul 7, 2013
    While I do find the game to be extremely overrated, It is still a solid game. I have fun running about a endless world making anything I want in the creative mode. But I do not care for the adventure mode at all. But the game is also incredibly glitchy, but that is to be expected. I do recommend minecraft, but it is not as good as people say.
  15. May 19, 2016
    Summary: an overall enjoyable, influential and interesting game pockmarked by poor design decisions, flawed development and philosophical contradictions.

What I liked (* indicates a caveat - see following section): + Minecraft clearly popularized survival crafting games, for better or worse. Interacting with the environment and using it to your advantage by "mining" it and then

What I liked (* indicates a caveat - see following section):

+ Minecraft clearly popularized survival crafting games, for better or worse. Interacting with the environment and using it to your advantage by "mining" it and then "crafting" with it is the essence of the game and it is a relatively fresh concept.

+ There is a decent amount of content*(1).

+ The game clearly lends itself to co-operative multiplay, which I enjoy. Players have had some success with PvP due to novel situations you can get into with the mechanics, though I find it rather unsophisticated overall.

+ Minecraft will get you to think both creatively and geometrically. Mining and farming are matters of tiling, a classic category of math problems, based on a few facts you will learn contingently in-game. This encourages problem-solving skills not normally required in video games. Meanwhile, building aesthetic structures allows the player to express themselves in-game instead of following a railroad path so familiar to many modern games.

+ Item progression is relatively exciting and satisfying*(2).

+ Technically speaking, Minecraft is interesting for a number of reasons. It wasn't anywhere near the first game to use voxels in graphics and gameplay so extensively, but it popularized their use. Voxels are a kind of "atomic" graphical structure that constructs larger shapes out of smaller particles, not unlike LEGOs. Until Minecraft, they were mostly used outside of gaming for things like molecule imaging. Minecraft used fairly remarkable terrain generation algorithms to procedurally generate fresh worlds made out of voxels for each playthrough.

+ There is so much to do*(3), and the player can set their own pace. The game can be played in short bursts or in massive marathons and it lends itself to being rather addictive.

What I didn't like:

- *(1): There is a lot of content, but the way in which it is accessed is poorly conceived. Due to the terrain generation, most new content that comes in the form of new block types or new items needs to be reached by approaching the frontiers of what has already been discovered; for middle-to-old-aged worlds this can be several kilometers away from the starting point for a mere chance at visiting the new content. For instance, I easily have over 1000 hours in the game, and the "mushroom island" biome type was added to the world 4 1/2 years ago. I still have never encountered it. This flaw in the terrain generation algorithm forms the basis of several tedious game struggles later on, like finding a Nether fortress or village (necessary to acquire Eyes of Ender, items used to locate the final boss and "End" biome), finding biomes that were introduced years ago to experience all the content, or even finding content that is new to biomes that you've already experienced.

- *(2): In the beginning of the game, there's a clear material progression as you advance through wood->stone->iron->diamond tools and armor. After this point, though, all progression comes in the form of using a rather contrived enchantment system that is frankly an inconvenience. Since this enchantment system requires wheat, sugar cane, cows, and trees you're somewhat limited to where you want to put your "base" unless you feel like traveling a great distance to visit your cows or want to try leading them across great expanses (the pathing AI is not that great). Even then, once you have gone through the bother of acquiring the 46 leather, 90 wood planks, 135 sugar cane, 4 obsidian, and 2 diamond necessary to max out enchantment (yes I know this off the top of my head), it becomes increasingly expensive to repair your super-items.

- *(3): Most tasks in the game are about resource collection of some kind. There is combat and exploration but it is very lackluster. Once you've seen an example of something you've really seen it all. The rest of the game is about gathering resources, and this can be tedious. A few years ago one of the developers actually intentionally made crops slower to mature, not because he thought the game was too easy but just to make everything more tedious. Mining can take minutes upon hours of your time doing repetitive tasks to get modest gains, even when you meticulously plan it in a statistically favorable way and perfect all your equipment.

- Many ancient bugs, like poor achievement detection and Nether portal calculation, persist to this day.

- Numerous promises have been left on the floor: a modding API, more weapons than a sword or bow, a living villager economy, off the top of my head.

- Devs are less imaginative than modders and have been spending the better part of 5 years inserting inferior versions of mods as patches.

- The recent combat update adds more hackneyed decisions, hamstringing the player in pointless ways.
  16. Jan 21, 2012
    This review is on a personal perspective so alot of people may disagree with me. I had high hopes with the game since everyone talks about it and youtube is filled with MC videos but when I played it, it was ok. I got pretty bored faster didn't understand what was so addicting about stacking blocks on top of each other. so basicaly it wasn't my type of game. this review is pretty dull butThis review is on a personal perspective so alot of people may disagree with me. I had high hopes with the game since everyone talks about it and youtube is filled with MC videos but when I played it, it was ok. I got pretty bored faster didn't understand what was so addicting about stacking blocks on top of each other. so basicaly it wasn't my type of game. this review is pretty dull but idc atleast it isnt trolling 0/10 Expand
  17. Apr 15, 2016
    Minecraft...oh boy, where do i even begin?. When i had the age of 10 or 11 it was actually one of my favorite games and still is a lot of fun to play and i actually started a new playthrough a few moths ago and the i just...dropped it...

STORY: You appear out of nowhere!!...go mine and attack stuff to survive...THE END. PRESENTATION: This is usually the first thing that people bring

PRESENTATION: This is usually the first thing that people bring up to critic this game and honestly i don't know why. I actually rather like this mixture between a retro-cubic-3D style of graphics and i don't think a construction game like this would've been possible without them.

The music is made up of different piano pieces and i feel like they fit very well. But the one thing that this games lacks is a stable frame rate, since the graphics are so basic you would think that this would run well, right?...RIGHT?, well no, the game runs very poorly even in the lowest settings and i don't even know the resolution is on.

GAMEPLAY: Minecraft is a...umm... Building/Combat/Platform/RPG/MMO??....i think. I don't know really what this game is really. There's 3 different modes in the single player and there's also a Multiplayer mode, but i will focus more on the Single Player since that's what i play the most in my games.

The mechanics are very simple. You use the W, A, S and D keys to move and you use the mouse to face the direction you wanna go. There's 2 motions that you do in this game: Mine and place, and you use the left and right clicky things on the mouse respectably to do them. They do exactly what the sound, you mine things or hit things depending on what your mining and when you do so the block or enemy that you mined or killed respectably will drop an item that you can put in your inventory. You can have 9 items in the "Use" inventory and by pressing E you will bring up the rest of it that will allow you to have more stuff with you. Aside from that you also have 4 extra spaces to the side of your character and depending on the item and pattern that you put in those 4 spaces, you can craft something, if you do a crafting table you are able to put 9 things on the "Craft spaces" and you can create different tools, armor blocks, etc.

The right clicky thing on the mouse is used to interact with different things and defend yourself with the newly implemented shield that you put on your extra slot or...you know...you can put anything on there so you can use both of you hands. You also the right clicky thing on the mouse to place blocks on top of other blocks and construct...pretty much anything. You have a hunger meter that depletes over time and to keep it full you will need food from animals or your own harvest, why do you need to keep it full?, well the hunger meter will refill your health when you take damage and if it depletes 100% it will hurt you and leave you with the half of your last hearth.

Minecraft respects this mechanics in all of its different modes like:

Survival: You have limited resources, Limited health and hunger and if you can respawn. There's 3 difficulty settings and you just...have to survive.

Hardcore: In this mode the difficulty is locked to Hard and you can only die once, if you do that world will be deleted.

Creative: You can fly, you can break anything, you can spawn things at pleasure and you have unlimited resources. If you came here to build stuff...this is for you.

There's some enemies in this game like Zombies, that just move around and attack you, Creepers that explode if they get to close, Withes that throw potions, Esqueletos that shoot arrows, the list goes on and on.

Finally there's 3 bosses in this game: The Ender Dragon which is pathetically easy. The wither which you have to build your self by putting 3 wither skeletons heads (that you get on this games other dimension, the Nether) and soul sand...and he is very easy too. Finally there's the Guardian, he lives underwater and he's a pain on the butt to kill. All of these bosses will give you a reward like a Dragon Egg, a Nether star and a...sponge...uh.

Now, i can go on and on about what you can do and can't do in this game because i haven't even mentioned the different Biome, the different blocks, the different minerals, the Multiplayer, the experience and...man this game is just overwhelming.

I mentioned before that i dropped my game and that's because...there's too much to do and i feel that Minecraft lacks focus, plus most of the things in Minecraft requiere so much time and dedication that i just got bored.

I am planing to go back to that save one day or another to finish what i was doing, but for now i have school and other games to occupy my time.

Now for the score...out of all the games that i reviewed so far, i haven't had so much trouble on putting a score. This is a game that really, REALLY depends on your taste for video games. Personally i really like building games so i really like Minecraft, but i feel it can be really boring at times.

I'll give it a 7/10.
  18. Dec 31, 2011
    Ok believe me in this I have been playing this game since ... September of 2010 I LOVED IT so much i still like it a lot BUT after the whole release of it idk I just dont feel the same if I had to vote on this game a year ago it would of been a 9.5 not it is a 7 because I think since notch left as lead just doesn't feel cool to keep up with.
  19. Mar 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a very unique game, but does it deserve this much acclaim?

Pros:
    It gives you total freedom
    Nice LEGO style graphics

Cons:
    Dull combat
    Boring gameplay
    It's more of a toy rather than a game

Minecraft does have its moments, but it's not quite the game I wanted
  20. Nov 29, 2014
    Actually, I had a lot of fun with Minecraft, and lost several hours of my life...

The sandbox experience is really great, and the blocky world has a charm to it, and is really nicely done. Yes, I am applauding the graphics. People think every **** game should have Crysis-like graphics, gee... But, moving on... The problem with Minecraft, despite all that you can do with it, is

The problem with Minecraft, despite all that you can do with it, is that... Well, it gets boring kinda fast. I mean, 1 week after you start a game and you play it like crazy, but then you're just bored, and you don't really wanna start a new game.

The mods are awesome and the multiplayer is really nice, but it's not MY kind of multiplayer, so I give it a miss.

But what annoys me is that all the internet is FULL of Minecraft, everywhere. And this turns me off. There's a gazillion videos on Youtube of Minecraft, with kids screaming everywhere... and yes, this lowered the score for me. I know, if it is so popular, it means it's a sucessful game. And I'm not trying to be a hipster. But the community of the game ruined some of its charm for me.

But, still, it's a very nice game, and I'm glad I played something like 20 hours of it.
  21. Oct 13, 2014
    This game used to be good back when Notch was in charge, but now it has gone over the cliff. A fun game single-player, but often repetitive and boring as all hell.
    5/10 - Ben Hazelden
  22. May 17, 2014
    Now, let me make this clear, I don't HATE minecraft, as it is a VERY well made game!
    but the real problem lays within the community. Sure, the mods are fun, and I spent quite a while
    playing M.C.A. or minecraft comes alive But when XBOX players criticize a port thats NOT on XBOX for not being on XBOX (and not even trying it), and your community starts going on a rampage of calling everything a "ripoff" and not giving poor devs a chance, even if their game is very original or good in its own ways, I'm done. Minecraft is fun, and multiplayer CAN be fun, but I'm not so sure your game is safe when you have a pirated version out there donning the title "minecraftSP" for free, I have a bad feeling.
    5 OUT OF 10 FOR THE COMMUNITY, 8 OUT OF 10 FOR THE GAME.
  23. Jan 9, 2012
    Good for spendind a short time playing a video game when you're out of options. Not that fun to play the whole day during months like other games, but it is enjoyable. Playing alone is bad, but in a multiplayer server with the friend it's nice.
  24. Nov 17, 2011
    The game used to be a lot more entertaining back then, when it wasn't too popular. I remember when me, my brother and a couple friends played it. We were like totally addicted, but now it has just lost it's meaning. It's another game among many others, there's no signs of unique. It just reminds me of another zombie survival game. Repetitive and boring.
  25. Apr 27, 2016
    In my opinion Minecraft is overrated as hell. It's an fine game, but nothing more than that. It's original, but also simple. Keep in mind though that I'm rating the vanilla game here. I'm not including the vast amount of mods that are made for this game in my rating.
  26. Dec 12, 2011
    A very fun game at Beta when Notch was developing it. Went downhill fast after 1.0 (full release version). Put it this way, the game was worth it in BETA, not so much in it's current state. The Full Retail seems rushed and not complete.

BETA - The Beta was fun, building large complex structures is great, especially in Multiplayer. Singleplayer gets old real fast, unless you're into building stuff out of the world stuff like a 1 to 1 scale of Middle Earth and have no life.

Full Retail - Like I mentioned, feels very rushed and incomplete. While the Beta was fun and full of anticipation, the Full Retail adds little while adding what seems to be 'a lot' on the surface. In other words, inconsistent.

Here's hoping that Notch will continue supporting the game, because the Retail version isn't the minecraft I enjoyed in Beta.
  27. Dec 23, 2011
    Scores of 100? Really? ---- I am new to Minecraft and never event gave it a fleeting look before its full release. I picked it up a few days after release just to see what all the fuss was about.................... Well, I appreciate that I have effectively missed the preverbial boat with this game, and there are a lot of people about that have played it do death during it's somewhatScores of 100? Really? ---- I am new to Minecraft and never event gave it a fleeting look before its full release. I picked it up a few days after release just to see what all the fuss was about.................... Well, I appreciate that I have effectively missed the preverbial boat with this game, and there are a lot of people about that have played it do death during it's somewhat lengthy beta cycle to the point that they've given up on the game either before it ended or just as 1.0 came out................. So, what is all the fuss about? Well, it's beyond me. Whilst I have spent quite a few hours in the game, I tend only to bother with it whislt I'm watching football on SkyGO in a window, or now, more recently, whilst i'm sitting in a 40 minute queue waiting to get in to play SWTOR. I have, when I first got it ploughed numerous hours into a world, but I cannot for the life of me find any kind of motivation to keep on playing as I'm almost certain I've seen pretty much everything it has to offer....... I bought a cheap rental server to see if some of my friends wanted to join, but it really isn't holding anyone's interest. Mojang's website have mentioned something about new game modes coming soon, but from what I can read into things, Minecraft, now released is now as good as being declared a finished project for the developer............. A way to pass an hour or two if needed, just like Tetris was in the 90's and the Rubik's Cube was in the 80's. A fad, slightly innivative, but ultimately flawed with no insiprational outlook. 7/10 Expand
  28. Apr 16, 2012
    Minecraft has a unique visual style and gameplay premise - you can do whatever you want to survive and/or create things that emulate your personality. In the core singleplayer mode you are dropped into a randomly generated infinite world. You can be what you want - be it warrior, archer or forager - but the night brings horrors in the form of monsters. This is a great start but it alsoMinecraft has a unique visual style and gameplay premise - you can do whatever you want to survive and/or create things that emulate your personality. In the core singleplayer mode you are dropped into a randomly generated infinite world. You can be what you want - be it warrior, archer or forager - but the night brings horrors in the form of monsters. This is a great start but it also confuses you and there is nothing to tell you what to do.
    Multiplayer is amazing with a group of friends. The creations and ideas that can be produced are all astounding. But, however, the confusion and the fact that there will be nothing to do sometime into your adventure creates negative points that cannot be ignored.
  29. Jul 7, 2014
    A frightening good example on just how popular something simple can get. Minecraft has laid out the groundwork for the booming indie industry we know today but unfortunately, It haven't really aged as well as I hope it would have.

Mods are being produced a hundredfold times faster than the actual standard game, be it the automated industry mining mod or the dozens of graphic mods that causes a game consisting of huge clunky squares look like Crysis, the developers themselves seem to keep falling more and more behind as the producer (Notch) distances himself more and more from the title as the community continues to have an far-above majority population consisting of little, impulsive school children.
  30. Jan 13, 2013
    After playing minecraft now for more than two years, I can finally say that the game is beginning to take a turn for the worse. The game as completely changed, and into something most people don't enjoy. One reason I am being so critical here is the change in sound whenever you hit a brick. It just doesn't feel right to hear that sound instead of the one I used to know. I just don't see aAfter playing minecraft now for more than two years, I can finally say that the game is beginning to take a turn for the worse. The game as completely changed, and into something most people don't enjoy. One reason I am being so critical here is the change in sound whenever you hit a brick. It just doesn't feel right to hear that sound instead of the one I used to know. I just don't see a point in continuing to try to change the game anymore than they already have, there is not much more they can add to improve the games mechanics and features at all. I enjoyed the days where minecraft was a game where you were not forced to eat almost all the time. Now they are making it more "realistic", which I can see makes the game more challenging. Realism also attracts more people to play the game. I am really tongue tied on this one, and I really don't have a clue what I want to say about this game anymore. It went from being excellent, to now it's starting to get boring. They need to improve it for the better instead of the worse, and they need to do it quick before they lose a lot of fans, and players. When I got a new computer, I had intentions of having a good time playing it. The worse had already happened though, it changed. I am going to give this a score that I just need to give, and I recommend giving it a try, but don't expect too much from what used to be the original minecraft. Expand
  31. Jul 13, 2016
    Minecraft is alright. It's not bad, not at all, but it's just overrated. It's really overrated. It is detailed and good, and a lot of fun can be had here, but it's not as good as everyone says. It surely deserves a lot of gameplay hours, but i personally don't like it as much as everyone does.
  32. Jun 18, 2012
    I don't like this game that much. I find that the mods are pretty bad. Most of the mods just try to make minecraft something else, like COD or left 4 dead. Thats a bad idea because 1. Minecraft is horrible with mods. 2. People can't make mods that well. Some mods are fun, but cand combine with others. Multiplayer is the only reason this game got anything over 1. Its hard to make your ownI don't like this game that much. I find that the mods are pretty bad. Most of the mods just try to make minecraft something else, like COD or left 4 dead. Thats a bad idea because 1. Minecraft is horrible with mods. 2. People can't make mods that well. Some mods are fun, but cand combine with others. Multiplayer is the only reason this game got anything over 1. Its hard to make your own server, but it is fun joining a server. Expand
  33. Oct 23, 2014
    Good fun. One gets immersed for a while then it loses it's appeal. Overall it's a very intuitive idea, but if I have to mine another piece of rock I'll kill myself.
  34. Nov 16, 2011
    This is as bare minimum as a PC game can get. It is more of an App than a full game. I think that it would fit better on the iPhone than the PC. It is already on Android, so why not the iPhone? Mobile devices are where it belongs. On a PC, it leaves much to be desired. Maybe if I had never played Garrys Mod I would have liked it more...
  35. Nov 2, 2013
    I wrote before that this game is completely awesome and outstanding. Well, I got bored of it. It can be really repetitive when you play more like a year, almost every day. Still a good game, though. If you never played it you will love it.
  36. Dec 24, 2011
    It's not for everyone.

Let's be honest here: Minecraft is an internet phenomenon and it's something that has gone crazy mainstream, and if you haven't tried it you owe it to yourself to do so. It's pretty impressive that the basics of this game were written by a single person. I have been following Minecraft since mid-2010 and it's the game that I sincerely want to love, but I just....
    It's not for everyone.

I have been following Minecraft since mid-2010 and it's the game that I sincerely want to love, but I just.... can't. It's good, but it's just not for me and whether or not you're going to like a game like this depends solely on how much of a 'builder' you have in you. Some people just have a proclivity for making things, playing with legos, building stuff in a shed, tinkering with their car, etc, and if you're one of those people then this game is like catnip for you. But if you're a person that likes to sample things but not get too involved, or play competitive style games, or be 'the best' at something, then take a pass.

Minecraft is, essentially, a simplified map editor that you get in other games like Starcraft or Civilization. If you played a game like Starcraft or Warcraft and used to pore over the editor making the perfect map, then this game is probably for you, but if you spent all your time online on ladder then it's probably not. It's a good game for what it is, but it's definitely a niche game and not for everybody.
  37. Oct 15, 2013
    While I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. ThatWhile I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. That is why I always play on the hardest difficulty. I think it is fun, but definitely overhyped in my opinion. Expand
  38. Nov 23, 2011
    The reason i give this game is because modders made the game so interesting yet notch just throws a half baked game at you. Notch is the founder of Minecraft btw. So basically its a good game, amazing idea, PERFECT execution. Why a 5 then? Cuz notch is now too busy getting laid and signing papers to care about the game anymore. There used to be HUGE updates, upgrading visual effect andThe reason i give this game is because modders made the game so interesting yet notch just throws a half baked game at you. Notch is the founder of Minecraft btw. So basically its a good game, amazing idea, PERFECT execution. Why a 5 then? Cuz notch is now too busy getting laid and signing papers to care about the game anymore. There used to be HUGE updates, upgrading visual effect and quality, more content....now they just fix bugs and leave it at that...i see modders who spend 2 days making a mod and BAM! we have small clay soldiers having a war, or a giant world where you and your friend have a all out war with skeletons and zombies with explosions eveywhere and upgraded combat algorithms! Yet Notch and his small team take a month to fix a bug where a monster accidently kills himself all the time cuz he touches water....like wow. So basically the game gets a 10, the developers now get a 0. So overall the package is a 5 because if you want to have fun you are going to mod. Thats the end of it. Expand
  39. May 24, 2015
    Minecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generationMinecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generation of gamers than the last. Expand
  40. Aug 1, 2012
    Whats interesting is that in the alpha stage, I would give this game a 9 or 10, it was a masterpiece that was constantly updated with excited content that kept us coming back for more and more. Sadly though, the "finished product" lacks so much of the charm from the alpha verisons and more importanltly feels like a very unfinished product. Notch is great in a lot of ways but to me, itWhats interesting is that in the alpha stage, I would give this game a 9 or 10, it was a masterpiece that was constantly updated with excited content that kept us coming back for more and more. Sadly though, the "finished product" lacks so much of the charm from the alpha verisons and more importanltly feels like a very unfinished product. Notch is great in a lot of ways but to me, it feels like he rushed the release version for more profits which he honestly didnt need at that point and in doing so left his early fans dissapointed. The villager AI is basically non existant and I beleive they should have just been left out, it used to be you where the only humanoid in this world and that gave you a sense of that lone wolf lone survivor feel which was terrific. IF the villages had some decent AI this wouldnt be a problem but now they feel tacked on and pointless. The combat could have been so much more, but as it is, it is nothing but rapid mouse clicks, no thought AT ALL to strategy and some will argue thats not the point to minecraft but those people honestly dont realize that in a survival mode game, combat is the key element that seperates it from creative mode. Lastly, the survival mode promised since alpha was never released which was a big let down and I feel its because Notch figured he made his money from the game, why put more money into it to keep his fans happy. For alpha all of these downfalls were forgiven since hey, it was ALPHA, but for a supposedly fineshed product, it sure does not feel like one. I feel that a 7 is a fair score. Expand
  41. Mar 8, 2013
    I'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personallyI'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personally know 3 people who own their own. However, servers are still only interesting with mods, and as a base game, there's only so much you can do.
    In terms of standalone games, I'd recommend Terraria much more. However, if you're willing to put up with the installation of 30+ mods just to make the game better, I'd recommend this.
  42. Jan 27, 2012
    All you do in MineCraft is smack everything with whatever's in your hand.I'll only respect that retro gamers will like this game, but not much else...
  43. Jul 1, 2014
    The vanilla game is great, but after a few weeks you get bored of it.
    The mods are where its at.
    There are literally hundreds of mods that you can play to keep you into the game.
    the only problem is that its hard to install mods at this time.
  44. Feb 2, 2012
    The game isn't horrible, but for 30 dollars this isn't worth it for the average person. Survival becomes incredibly boring once you're done making your house with all your friends(this game is horrible unless you play it with friends). Unless you can sit for hours and build crazy things with your friends, this is a no go. Setting up your own server isn't hard, but the lack of a serverThe game isn't horrible, but for 30 dollars this isn't worth it for the average person. Survival becomes incredibly boring once you're done making your house with all your friends(this game is horrible unless you play it with friends). Unless you can sit for hours and build crazy things with your friends, this is a no go. Setting up your own server isn't hard, but the lack of a server browser is a major detriment to the game, the multiplayer is the only good aspect, me and my friend bought the game when it was $15 and have played it a lot, but it has a sizable amount of problems as everyone else has explained. The game is good if you and your buds can sit around building crazy stuff, but don't expect a 10/10 amazing experience that critics promise. Expand
  45. Feb 10, 2012
    Yeah it has some good stuff in it but after a few hours you feel like you want something .... lets say more!
  46. Nov 25, 2013
    Minecraft haven't conquered me in the pc edition, i like to play in the Xbox 360, even with all the mods that the PC edition have.
    Just like, you don't have any instruction, it's like mojang saying to you Learn by yourself !!!
    Altought if you know how to play, you are going to love it.
  47. Jan 2, 2014
    minecraft is fun at first but gets way to repetitive after your first few times playing though it. trust me every time you start a world you chop down a tree look for coal then make your first base. it fun for the first time but after a few times it really turns you off of the game
  48. Jul 5, 2015
    I started playing Minecraft in 2009, while it was on Beta 1.8 state (I think so), the game was so fun to play with friends and blah blah blah, fun at all.
    The Final Version was a blast, bug-fixes, graphical updates, new items, and yeah.
    Then, the 1.4 version really screwed up the game, they tried to make Minecraft an RPG, then 1.6 with horses and yes...

From 10 to 7, nice job, Mojang.
  49. Feb 10, 2012
    MINECRAFT (V.1.0 REVIEWED): An indie game that you guys have been waited for. After playing the BETA version, I can't wait for the complete version to be released. Unfortunately there's a little disappointment here. Is it just me or the Minecraft is getting more RPG-ish? I mean what's with all these potions and boss battles? I just want a simple game that allows me to mine stuff and makeMINECRAFT (V.1.0 REVIEWED): An indie game that you guys have been waited for. After playing the BETA version, I can't wait for the complete version to be released. Unfortunately there's a little disappointment here. Is it just me or the Minecraft is getting more RPG-ish? I mean what's with all these potions and boss battles? I just want a simple game that allows me to mine stuff and make my own mining company. I liked that kind of game, especially when it's in the First Person Perspective. Oh yes, there's the BuildCraft mod. I want that mod to be the whole game! I just want miners and assistant for me just to.. You know, mine stuff? I liked the idea of dungeons and abadoned structures inside the world, but the game just can't focus on the mining aspects, but instead it's focusing on Dungeon Crawling RPGs. I think that's what the game was supposed to be, but I want more mining options in the later version. That's my main problem in the game. But so far, it's an Okay game. I can't rate it higher because this simple game can't run in a simple netbook. So one suggestions to Mojang, can you guys built-in the Optifine mod inside the game? There are tons of mods that can fix the game and tweak the game too, but the Vanilla isn't a recommendation for you guys. It's addicting, but disappointing too. I'm sorry guys, I love you Notch, I love you Minecraft, but I'm expecting more than just a Dungeon Crawling Adventure. I want you guys to focus on Mining. That's all. [6/10] "Okay" Expand
  50. Apr 25, 2012
    I love Minecraft. i love everything about it. Its simply a wonderful idea, well executed, crazy awesome fun time.

unfortunately, its not perfect. the game is still riddled with bugs, and lacking in certain gameplay elements. the combat is still more tedious and pestering instead of challenging and fun. the crafting takes some pretty good memory skills or the wiki. the occasional bug can sometimes screw up your game. but even with this, i still enjoy it plenty. graphics i don't even need to speak of. you may think they are crap, but i cant find any other game were something as simple as a texture on a block can be so iconic. you try putting the texture of the gears of war brick wall on a shirt and tell me who recognizes it. they have an unparalleled amount of charm in them, and i've played cubeivour. the exploration, mining, building and other things other than the combat are an absolute joy. but the most fun i've ever had with it was when i play with friends. no matter what your doing, be it fighting to the death, spelunking together for diamonds, or simply running around in circles (oops sorry, no circles in minecraft) they all are much more fun with your mates doing it with you.

its an experience you wont ever forget. go buy it. its worth every single penny.
  51. Jan 21, 2012
    The singleplayer is quite fun for awhile as long as you have imagination, but once you show off all your things to your friends, it starts to become boring as you no longer have a purpose of making things. The multiplayer would be awesome, but it just has too many trolls and griefers to show off your creations to the whole world because one you leave, and the next morning you get up andThe singleplayer is quite fun for awhile as long as you have imagination, but once you show off all your things to your friends, it starts to become boring as you no longer have a purpose of making things. The multiplayer would be awesome, but it just has too many trolls and griefers to show off your creations to the whole world because one you leave, and the next morning you get up and get on, your awesome creation would probably be destroyed and replaced with some crappy wood house. The graphics are bad, but its okay to live with, but in all, I don't think the game is worth $27, I bought GMOD for $10 and its basically a builder game too but with better graphics. Overall, an overpriced game that gets boring after awhile. Expand
  52. Mar 10, 2012
    This game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, butThis game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, but it's not very hard to move forward while bashing the attack button either. The graphics are bad, but in a sort of nostalgic way. For some reason, it still requires a top end computer though, because I still have framerate issues from time to time.

online play is the worst. It is literally filled with absolutely nothing but griefers.
    I have been on 10 different servers all claiming to have no griefers and yet, every single one I have been on does.

Offline play quickly becomes boring though. Once you create your masterpieces, you have no one to show it to and the game is just repetitive after a short while.

I can see why people like the game for the ability to create things, but I think there are better games out there for that. It's quite expensive for the quality you get as well. I might consider it a 5$ purchase at best.
  53. Sep 28, 2014
    If your into gaming, there's probably nothing you already don't know about Minecraft. Chances are you have it, played it and love it. However Minecraft is only fun if you have a vivid and strong imagination for things to create. If not then perhaps you waste your savings on the new Call of Duty. Even with 1.8 Minecraft still has a lot to do and improve. I would not say this is forIf your into gaming, there's probably nothing you already don't know about Minecraft. Chances are you have it, played it and love it. However Minecraft is only fun if you have a vivid and strong imagination for things to create. If not then perhaps you waste your savings on the new Call of Duty. Even with 1.8 Minecraft still has a lot to do and improve. I would not say this is for everyone, there are frustrations if you don't know how to start things off. If you have the console version this won't be a problem since there is a tutorial and basically tells you the crafting recipes and points out every block you see. Don't be fooled into thinking this game is only playable on "The master race" that is PC because it isn't. But while it is undoubtedly dumbed down for players in the console version and doesn't have as many updates it is still fun and you do still get a sense of accomplishment on either really. Minecraft should at least be tried by everyone just too see what all the fuss is about then you might find yourself remembering every rule and crafting recipe in the game at three in the morning. Expand
  54. Nov 24, 2011
    Disclaimer: Played every version since 1.2 alpha. As a game, it sucks. As a game, it sucks. The ending is poorly done an innovative compared to the other concepts in the game. After these newer updates, minecraft has become seemingly random. It started as a creativity game, but started getting odd RPG elements like leveling, dragon bosses, fortresses, and enchanting. All of which seemDisclaimer: Played every version since 1.2 alpha. As a game, it sucks. As a game, it sucks. The ending is poorly done an innovative compared to the other concepts in the game. After these newer updates, minecraft has become seemingly random. It started as a creativity game, but started getting odd RPG elements like leveling, dragon bosses, fortresses, and enchanting. All of which seem prehistoric compared to modern games. If you are looking for enjoyment, it is in the building. That is where this game soars. It's awesome to build castles and mines, but I wish it hadn't strayed so much. I blame Notch's laziness. Notch slowed his updates to a crawl once he got rich and started vacationing most of the time. Minecon's high ticket price makes me think that it was for-profit and it make it harder to respect the MineCraft game/company. So, overall, MineCraft ended up as a messy, unfinished game with strange elements, but being creative can lead to lots of fun. You just have to come up with the creativity yourself. Expand
  55. Nov 25, 2011
    Minecraft is... okay, especially with friends. But I don't think it has the appeal of a fully finished game. Notch did a terrific job of creating this environment in which people can explore, build, or fight, but I feel as if each part of the game is unfinished. Mods do a very, very, VERY good job of fixing this, and some of the mods I have used truly blow my mind with how good they canMinecraft is... okay, especially with friends. But I don't think it has the appeal of a fully finished game. Notch did a terrific job of creating this environment in which people can explore, build, or fight, but I feel as if each part of the game is unfinished. Mods do a very, very, VERY good job of fixing this, and some of the mods I have used truly blow my mind with how good they can make Minecraft. But Notch hasn't finished the Mod API, and even when he does it will be heavily restrictive. I think that if Notch wanted to, he could literally just leave everything to modders, and the game would improve drastically. Modders can create content for the game, for free, that is often of a higher quality than elements made by Notch. It's pretty much free labor by enthusiasts. Expand
  56. May 6, 2013
    After I bought my Xbox 360, the game I wanted the most was Fallout 3, a game that I heard had taken some people's sleep due to its depth and infinite possibilities that kept people thinking about what decision to make next and what would be the outcome of that decision. I did end up buying Fallout 3 but it didn't kept me awake at night like it did to some people (still, a great game!). TheAfter I bought my Xbox 360, the game I wanted the most was Fallout 3, a game that I heard had taken some people's sleep due to its depth and infinite possibilities that kept people thinking about what decision to make next and what would be the outcome of that decision. I did end up buying Fallout 3 but it didn't kept me awake at night like it did to some people (still, a great game!). The game that did that for me was Minecraft. The idea of being able to modify the ole world and build everything I could think of was incredible! Even more incredible when the stuff you build actually had a purpose, to help you survive. I really became a fan of survival games when I started to play Minecraft, unfortunately, the survival element of the game disappears after the first 4 or 5 in-game days because, by that time, I'd already built myself a basic house, I had a mine and I had weapons. It turns into sandbox RPG where you just want to raid dungeons, farm XP, get better gear, kill bosses and then kill the Ender Dragon (the final boss). The developers really got me confused when they started putting these RPG-ish things into the game (bosses, leveling system, potions, dungeons, enchantments...) instead of enhancing the survival aspect of Minecraft. That (to me) was a problem. Another problem tis game has is that you will probablly lose interest on the game when you get to the middle part of the game because you've become so strong and resourcefull that nothing feels challenging anymore. Lucklly for Minecraft, those are the only mistakes I found in the game. The random map generator is amazing, the creative mode lets you use every block in the game so you can just build awesome stuff hardcore mode adds permadeath, making the game more challenging and the multiplayer makes everything more enjoyable (and there's LAN). I gave this game a 7 out of 10, not because it's a good survival game but because it's a great adventure game that's even better with friends, because it allows you to shape the world as you want and because of the amazing world generator that give this game a lot of re-playability. If you own a PC, you probably already played Minecraft, but if you haven't, you have to! Expand
  57. Sep 2, 2012
    Minecraft was a good game, when notch was developping it, he listened to fans and updated according to that, but now that he has left, he has let a drunk phyco run the game
    Really? emeralds? stupid annoying npc's and extreme lag even if the graphics are bad
    I'd say that if notch dosent get his fat- ass on that developer chair again, minecraft will go to a wonderfull and fun indie to a
    wonderfull and fun indie to a complete disaster
    im giving a 5 because of minecraft before
  58. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm going to come out of the Hedgerow of the gaming industry and really say the truth of what I think of this game, I don't like it I think it's boring I made a house out of mud, wow cool. I'm sorry They are blocks, I can easily make these 'Top' rated builds with my eyes closed, there's no still involved only placing of blocks and patience.

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft managed to shine because it's 'okay' hell i don't think it is and before you strike me down everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I love multiple genres of games, this just doesn't shine off the dome I'm sorry, at-least i'm not getting paid to lie about how good it is.
  59. Dec 22, 2011
    I don't get it, how can Notch release a game that is half complete and has loads of bugs in it? All the ideas and stuff Notch stole from mods like alchemy. Not worth more than £8 id say
  60. Nov 26, 2011
    Good intentions. Lego world, for big guys, but NPC's, doing anything, bugs, and trying to do RPG ... What the? And it's boring when you're having a lot of diamond's, big tower, and what? You must always defend your own from zombies and other sh**...
  61. Apr 8, 2012
    For me, I dislike this game very much. I can see the audience was dedicated to people under 12 years old which is fine but for people older than that it's going to be hard to like. Think LEGO but 3d world where everything consists of blocks - squares I mean. Even though it's not a final game and will probably never be it goes through continual updates, has a great and expansive communityFor me, I dislike this game very much. I can see the audience was dedicated to people under 12 years old which is fine but for people older than that it's going to be hard to like. Think LEGO but 3d world where everything consists of blocks - squares I mean. Even though it's not a final game and will probably never be it goes through continual updates, has a great and expansive community (with millions of vids on youtube) and a lot of mods! This is one of the few games that supports PC gaming and I like it for that. I might give it a low score but that's only from my perspective, my point of view based on my gameplay experience. It's in BETA still I think but for $20 and if you like creativity and building you'll be able to pick this up and enjoy it. However if your older and your only getting it 'cos your friends have it - DON'T, watch some gameplay or look at reviews and see if you'd like this game. It's very different I admit, simple albeit disappointing graphics but that's not what the game's all about and focused on, good games don't need good graphics but in 2012 there should be some improvement. On fast PC's it'll run average, the draw distance is not good and if you go somewhere too fast it'll slow down and load the rest of the area which is infinite really but it shouldn't need to, not on good PC's anyway. I think it was optimised poorly for modern day PC's and was taking old computers such as linux and XP so they'd both have a similar experience and not be disadvantaged when online - yes u can build together and destroy people's property but there's ton of hackers also which can be annoying. The fact is the game engine it runs on does not improve or run better on modern PC's it simply doesn't. Fan-made stuff is always, also good but all those new items and they can't make curved or round objects? I like squares but why not circles or spheres, also - that's the first thing that comes to mind and it needs, the game runs slow just on square objects loading, I thought that'd be added by now but all those updates and it hasn't come up - maybe they want it all square, fair enough. Right-angle camera at 90^o when turning can be annoying and some of the game loads slowly as mentioned prior to this sentence. Again textures sometimes look bad but with mods and seriously everything can be edited in this game it's just all possible but the game does hurt my eyes sometimes, I'll be honest. There are lots of things it can improve on and another would be a plot or setting or even storyline - not even, just a setting- not just a minecraft universe and something to add fan-made stuff in-game like Valve's (STEAM) own Garry's Mod - toybox mode where you can just instantly download objects and add them straight in or something. It is inventive, inituitive but does have some frustrating problems or things I see as detrimental to my playing experience or things I think shouldn't be needed to be mentioned to play. Still millions of people have claimed this game in alpha stage and once you pay your $20 at the Minecraft (MC) site you get the full game 'till it's fully finished and in it's final stage or release with all the bells and whistles - updates. To be honest this game is the best sandbox 'cos there's no boundaries, limits and you can build everything but you can't DO everything or anything for that matter. It does feel a bit akward to play sometimes and kind of a lost idea but it has been implemented brilliantly as a low-budget indie game and for what it's worth it can be fun for young gamers, it stays true to what PC games should do for fans and is a game I can't see (but is going to be) put on consoles as it's just too big and even on modern PC's has troubles because of the game engine - problem mentioned beforehand but maybe that'll be changed in the future. To make it short, this game is fun but can/can be and sometimes is over-rated. Again it's a good game and does deserve some credit for being an original game, allowing the user to create and explore and doing it in a fun and I guess some-what educational way. There's another game which has copied this design but with better graphics - sure it's good and I'd probably play it but I can't stand to see or support a game which has copied it's design completely, simply put. 'Nuff (enough) said. 7/10! Expand
  62. Aug 11, 2013
    Not bad. The game's key concept is doing whatever you want, be it constructing the Empire State Building, or making giant Megaman pixel art. However, it is held back by a few key problems: This game probably has the steepest learning curve I've EVER seen in a videogame. So many crafting things to remember, so many ores, so much everything! Also, the game is quite buggy, but I won't hold itNot bad. The game's key concept is doing whatever you want, be it constructing the Empire State Building, or making giant Megaman pixel art. However, it is held back by a few key problems: This game probably has the steepest learning curve I've EVER seen in a videogame. So many crafting things to remember, so many ores, so much everything! Also, the game is quite buggy, but I won't hold it against it for this kind of game. It has its problems, but the game should last you A LONG TIME, as long as you are ready to learn! Expand
  63. May 28, 2013
    Minecraft was an Action/RPG/Sandbox game but they changed it to Sandbox/Survival game,i dont know if i recommende it, this game is an OPEN WORLD that load chuncks and i hate it beacuse it lags.
    If you an old,bad computer you wont run it so good with mods like Mo creatures.
    If you an old,bad computer you wont run it so good with mods like Mo creatures.
    The game is avarage for SP but i really recommend SMP(Survival Multi Player) i like Vanilia servers but Bukkit servers are the modded ones that have "Plugins" Plugins are like a mod my favorite plugins are the ones that allows you to protect your stuff i.e chest,personal door etc.
    This game has many items,2 bosses,many blocks and the 2 bosses are:Wither and Ender Dragon.
    Wither is a boss that gives you "Wither" effect that is like Poison but you cant see your hearts
    *WARNING THOSE PARAGRAPHS CONTAINS SPOILERS*Ender Dragon is the final boss that you must defeat when you defeat him you get 120+ levels for enchaments and 1 Ender dragon egg,to get the egg you must have a Piston and a lever.
    When the Wither patch was in minecraft the sky was darker when you didnt defeat
    Gameplay is not too great but it was their first game created
    Enchantments are terrible,i recommend to save your xp if you dont have too many bookselves beacuse level 30 is the good enchantment but still you get bad enchants so if you click 1-29 levels you get bad enchants.
    I recommend to play the Demo version
  64. Mar 21, 2013
    At first I thought WOW!! Really? I can do anything." And when I did just that...I sat there. Bored, so what did I do? Went online to share it of course. Only to be greeted by obnoxious children, clearly brain dead from playing the game too long and arrogant administrators who just want your cash. While the game is creative it is also pointless and aimless, some of the things i've seenAt first I thought WOW!! Really? I can do anything." And when I did just that...I sat there. Bored, so what did I do? Went online to share it of course. Only to be greeted by obnoxious children, clearly brain dead from playing the game too long and arrogant administrators who just want your cash. While the game is creative it is also pointless and aimless, some of the things i've seen built are magnificent but a lot of them are just uninspired. You feel as if you've just been dropped somewhere and forced to do things, kind of like school really. The "mobs" are at first exciting but they soon become boring and you just don't care anymore. Obviously the graphics is bad and texture packs still don't make any difference but I don't care, its not a graphics reliant game. The "game" has no....gameplay, I would recommend you attend an oriental zen garden class rather than Minecraft, leave all the Minecraft players in their dark caves... Expand
  65. Dec 14, 2013
    it is the best sandbox open world game, however is far too complex and luck is required in the current version 12/12/13, it will most likely end up that you no life this game or die and restart over and over until boredom this game was amazing back in the day of 1.7.2 when it peaked.
  66. Feb 8, 2012
    I must write this review to remind all of you of one fact that was brought up in the famous review by BestGamersOfUSA.....the game was not completed on release. It is a fine game as itself, definitely fun with friends, but there were many features promised that were not delivered (NPCs actually doing something, leveling system finished and actually doing something, etc). The main point ofI must write this review to remind all of you of one fact that was brought up in the famous review by BestGamersOfUSA.....the game was not completed on release. It is a fine game as itself, definitely fun with friends, but there were many features promised that were not delivered (NPCs actually doing something, leveling system finished and actually doing something, etc). The main point of this game is to build stuff (being anything honestly), which is fine as itself, but there is a survival aspect that we cannot forget. As much as I would love to just keep writing on and on about the actual flaws, I just implore you guys to watch the review I was talking about earlier, it brings up every point I was going to bring up anyways. It's fun enough, but I'm being nice considering that if this game was not in beta the whole time and was released with no one having any idea what to expect, they would have found a really **** game. The long beta and popularity base saved this game, not the game itself. And even then, the beta didn't help fix that it was an incomplete game that was released anyways. Expand
  67. Sep 19, 2011
    It's a very good game, though I think the Java will kill it. Since the 1.7 update, most of the users experience "Out of Memory" bug. The game just freezes, and shuts off. Like, every five minutes for some, ten for others.

I really love the game, as I said though, for a bunch of bricks, this requires some serious hardware.
  68. Nov 30, 2011
    I like the game, I think its a nice "get away from the others" game, but the ending SUCKS. You can tell, no thought was put into it, it was done in couple days, plus it doesnt go along with the theme of the game since Alpha. If you like a sandbox game of building, exploring, and creating, its great, but if you want a thriller, with puzzles, and adventure, it just doesnt cut it. If theI like the game, I think its a nice "get away from the others" game, but the ending SUCKS. You can tell, no thought was put into it, it was done in couple days, plus it doesnt go along with the theme of the game since Alpha. If you like a sandbox game of building, exploring, and creating, its great, but if you want a thriller, with puzzles, and adventure, it just doesnt cut it. If the game, for some odd reason, goes above $20, DO NOT BUY IT. Expand
  69. Aug 9, 2013
    I do like it a bit. However, if you don't know what to do in this game, then you are pretty much finished playing already. The game doesn't say what you have to do, so for a lot of people it is unclear. Also, even though the graphics are bad, the engine is horrible and it doesn't even run properly on my "good home entertainment pc"
  70. Nov 19, 2011
    Minecraft is a good game. But at the same time it might possibly be one of the most overrated games ever. Minecraft is either a "love or hate" game. For people who like to build and create structures and just be creative minecraft is excellent. For people who expect good gameplay and story telling from a game. Minecraft clearly isn't for us.
  71. Nov 23, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve more than a 9 from users or reviewers. Its digital lego, something that it will bore you in a couple of hours, not to forget the horrific graphics. If you want to play this game, then buy real legos.
  72. Nov 5, 2012
    Minecraft is fun and very different experience from most games, but it finds itself in a very odd position however, It finds itself in between a game and a sandbox editor. The game doesn't have much direction to it and while this is fun at first, the game gets progressively less fun when you get the hang of it. The problem is generally remedied by the numerous mods that are released forMinecraft is fun and very different experience from most games, but it finds itself in a very odd position however, It finds itself in between a game and a sandbox editor. The game doesn't have much direction to it and while this is fun at first, the game gets progressively less fun when you get the hang of it. The problem is generally remedied by the numerous mods that are released for it, but until mod support is officially implemented I cannot give the developer any credit for it. Overall, vanilla Minecraft doesn't really really have much going for it, but it serves as a great building block (no pun intended) for mods, which is where the game redeems itself. Expand
  73. Oct 15, 2013
    The game has gone a long way since 2009. It began as a novelty sandbox infinitely-generated 2D game, but eventually the game, although not losing it's appeal to new players, slowly started getting less invigorating and more arduos to the old veterans, like me. I don't like some of the changes Mojang has made to Minecraft, but I would honestly say the good slightly outweighs the bad. ButThe game has gone a long way since 2009. It began as a novelty sandbox infinitely-generated 2D game, but eventually the game, although not losing it's appeal to new players, slowly started getting less invigorating and more arduos to the old veterans, like me. I don't like some of the changes Mojang has made to Minecraft, but I would honestly say the good slightly outweighs the bad. But again, it starts to lose appeal to old Minecraft fans, namely because of some of the updates Mojang has made and the fact that survival just isn't a long-term thing after a while. Then again, it's come a long way and tons of friendly people, mods, and texture packs live in the Minecraft wild, and it is indeed fun to play with sometimes. In short: Minecraft's good concept is very slightly ruined by updates that kinda ruin the game's aspect and eventual non-appeal. For 26 bucks? I'd say it's worth it. Maybe even a must-buy. But if this game was in any older stage, I might have given it a slightly higher score. Expand
  74. Nov 18, 2013
    Decent combination of exploration and building. I don't regret buying it for $12, though I only sometimes play it. It's lots of fun if you find a good server, and build a home, compound, or village with 2 or more friends, like in a LAN party setting. Playing alone can be somewhat tedious you might ask yourself "what am I doing, there is no objective, what objective should I make?" IDecent combination of exploration and building. I don't regret buying it for $12, though I only sometimes play it. It's lots of fun if you find a good server, and build a home, compound, or village with 2 or more friends, like in a LAN party setting. Playing alone can be somewhat tedious you might ask yourself "what am I doing, there is no objective, what objective should I make?" I confess it has those limitations, but with friends you can make your own objectives. So my advice.. play with friends. Expand
  75. Jun 2, 2015
    For the price this game is awesome and I like that they update the game rather than give you pointless DLC to get all the new stuff and the skins are free (unlike playstation and Xbox).... This game is great but this is where I get bored with the game...... How long can you actually play this game...... I am a person who likes to try new games and I could not play this for hours onFor the price this game is awesome and I like that they update the game rather than give you pointless DLC to get all the new stuff and the skins are free (unlike playstation and Xbox).... This game is great but this is where I get bored with the game...... How long can you actually play this game...... I am a person who likes to try new games and I could not play this for hours on end......It was fun for a little bit then It got boring.... Expand
  76. Mar 6, 2012
    I really like it. It's awesome and cheap, but they rushed in when it came to the full version and added the ender. This is a game that wasn't ever meant to have an ending. I run into massive amounts of memory shortages with the default allocated memory of the game. I had to make a custom batch file to launch it, so that it could have more allocated RAM. By the way, if your commenting onI really like it. It's awesome and cheap, but they rushed in when it came to the full version and added the ender. This is a game that wasn't ever meant to have an ending. I run into massive amounts of memory shortages with the default allocated memory of the game. I had to make a custom batch file to launch it, so that it could have more allocated RAM. By the way, if your commenting on bugs and stuff, we can't really comment on those, since it's updated and changed a lot. I really am pissed that they always make a file that attempts to stop mods from working. This game is formed by the community, and they should stop trying to do this. I like the updates, but they need to do more testing before they release them. Also, every time they update, since they try to break mods an all that, since they're mindless retards, I have to wait weeks for bukkit to update, and then I have to wait even longer for the plugins to update. They need to accept the fact there will always be modders. Other than that, I have gotten a lot of fun gameplay from this, but it needs a better community for the game. I find it hard to keep track of servers and friends I play with, since it's impossible to keep track of everything. They also have a lot to do with survival. I mean, there's only like 3 crops total. This game isn't really made by the developers, it's created by the people who play it, and that's why I like it. Anyways, overall, I like the game, but they have a lot of work to do before its a good game. Expand
  77. Aug 27, 2013
    Pretty cool, gets boring after a while. and don't tell me that mods are going to fix that issue seeing as I get bored of the minecraft environment and overall look. CSS mods ftw :P
  78. Aug 15, 2013
    I've been thinking about it for quite a while, but in the end I could not give this game the passing grade. Let me get this straight, this game has an awesome, innovative gameplay mechanic, and that's the reason I'm so upset to see it wasted so much. Once the game became popular things has just gotten increasingly worse. The medium "consumer" of minecraft now is a ten to fourteen years oldI've been thinking about it for quite a while, but in the end I could not give this game the passing grade. Let me get this straight, this game has an awesome, innovative gameplay mechanic, and that's the reason I'm so upset to see it wasted so much. Once the game became popular things has just gotten increasingly worse. The medium "consumer" of minecraft now is a ten to fourteen years old kid that wants everything right away, leading the dev to implement "stuff" just for the sake of it, without gaving it any real ingame purpose, balancement, or effort required in order to attain it. The real potential of the game has been ignored and rpg like features has been added to make it more commercial and appealing to the casual gamer. And the bugs. The game is just full of them and every release adds more than it solves. This is a real pity, but it almost looks like the devs doesn't even care about it anymore, Minecraft maked them rich, why should they bother? This game could have scored ten, and probably someone will soon make the game that Minecraft was meant to be, I'm looking forward to that while I watch another great game get beaten into commercial rubbish. Expand
  79. May 6, 2015
    + great sandbox game with unlimited creativity
    + simple and fun, lots of mods
    +great soundtrack, bought it on iTunes
    -most of the players play p2w minigame servers that destroy the point of the game (creativity! Not paying $70 for "UBER" armor)
    -trollz
    -playing in public attracts millions of 2-10 year olds
    -was more fun back in 1.9 beta when it was still not ultra popular.
  80. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Either it was too nerdy and over my head or too boring. I stopped playing before I could figure it out. It probably just needs some hot cars with gold teeth explosions and a Disturbed soundtrack. Expand
  81. Oct 25, 2015
    It will fill your time, but the irritation is how it compares to the promised product. I've gotten days of enjoyment out of this game. I still play it every now and then. At the very beginning, it was cross-platform, easy to set up a server, and just play. Then came the promises and the failures to deliver. The game still isn't open source, still doesn't have a proper modding API, andIt will fill your time, but the irritation is how it compares to the promised product. I've gotten days of enjoyment out of this game. I still play it every now and then. At the very beginning, it was cross-platform, easy to set up a server, and just play. Then came the promises and the failures to deliver. The game still isn't open source, still doesn't have a proper modding API, and still uses placeholder art from its earliest alpha. Not to mention, but all the features introduced in later patches have just been incomplete fluff and half-baked nonsense. Expand
  82. Dec 28, 2011
    Minecraft invented a whole new genre of games, but It's not like it used to be. There are some new features every update, but back when only Notch coded the game every friday new features were added in a secret update. Notch promised a lot of features for the final game, which never made it into the game yet.
    Also, the game is full of bugs and since it's no indie game anymore, they should at least try to keep the game bug-free. Minecraft is a good game, but it's not what it used to be - there are tons of other better games on the market.
  83. Oct 23, 2011
    Minecraft is an alright bit of harmless fun, but after you've built what you've wanted to build and explored a bit, I found it rather forgettable. The graphics are alright and there are very few enemies, zombies, skeletons, creepers, endermen, spider jockeys, spiders, cows, pigs, chickens, sheep and wolves compared to something like Terraria which has 45 and the cows, pigs, chickens andMinecraft is an alright bit of harmless fun, but after you've built what you've wanted to build and explored a bit, I found it rather forgettable. The graphics are alright and there are very few enemies, zombies, skeletons, creepers, endermen, spider jockeys, spiders, cows, pigs, chickens, sheep and wolves compared to something like Terraria which has 45 and the cows, pigs, chickens and sheep aren't really even classified as enemies. Many people are HUGE fans of minecraft, but I didn't find the charm that Minecraft addicts find in the game. Although, if you are a sandbox fan boy, minecraft can't be recommended enough because it is the ultimate sandbox game.(And it's cheap!) Expand
  84. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is a joke, you can't even finish the game BUT I have a love to this game, you can express your true creativity in this game and see how good you can actually make your own paradise. I do play 1.0.0 on Hardcore mode myself, as a serious gamer I like to make the greatest challenge for myself possible although I do believe that this game isn't really that hard so it doesn't testThis game is a joke, you can't even finish the game BUT I have a love to this game, you can express your true creativity in this game and see how good you can actually make your own paradise. I do play 1.0.0 on Hardcore mode myself, as a serious gamer I like to make the greatest challenge for myself possible although I do believe that this game isn't really that hard so it doesn't test how good of a gamer I am. Beginners and kids choose to play on survival - for the serious gamers - go hardcore. If you can't do hardcore you can't even consider yourself serious because it's too easy. Expand
  85. Dec 19, 2011
    Meh...the graphics and game play looks like something that was produced in the 80s, sanbox or not , the windows paint program is more creative xP. Sims or for that matter Spore offers more exciting build features. But to each his own
  86. Mar 7, 2012
    If you like horror games like President Evil then you will like minecraft. You play as man trapped in strange land, where every night zombies and monsters try to kill him. you have to fight off the zombies until daytime, when they go away and you can find food to get health back. This game have fully destructionable terrain, which is thing i like, but there are no bombs or guns to blow itIf you like horror games like President Evil then you will like minecraft. You play as man trapped in strange land, where every night zombies and monsters try to kill him. you have to fight off the zombies until daytime, when they go away and you can find food to get health back. This game have fully destructionable terrain, which is thing i like, but there are no bombs or guns to blow it up so i don't really see the point. Also, i think the daytime last to long because it kind of boring after you heal yourself since theres no zombies and nothing to do. also this game is very hard since zombies come out of nowhere behind you, i don't no why people say this game is good for beginners. i give this game 5/10 because the grafics arent so good and it gets kind of repetive. Expand
  87. Apr 29, 2012
    The stress-relief and creative possibilities of Creative Mode are the real shining point of Minecraft, the game itself being only occasionally rewarding and often not worth the effort. Get it if you want to build things. If you want an actually satisfying dungeon-spelunking experience, though, Terraria is probably a better investment.
  88. Mar 29, 2013
    Minecraft is a very good game. A nice, if not new concept which allows players to achieve great things. The game works well with friends, and alone, but you must realize that in order to be entertained, you need to have a goal. If you aren't working on something this game gets boring fast. So think of something, and build it!
  89. Dec 4, 2014
    Minecraft is a pretty good game. I purchased it around alpha-ish time.

It can be really fun, and building, while not particularly fun is satisfying. The main problem I have with it is that, after you've put maybe 10-15 hours, maybe 20, the game will get really stale unless you're really slow at the game or want to take it slowly. After that, the only thing you can really do to
    Minecraft is a pretty good game. I purchased it around alpha-ish time.

It can be really fun, and building, while not particularly fun is satisfying.

After that, the only thing you can really do to refresh it is either play with friends which is fun for a while or install mods.

Personally, apart from a few games, I feel mods can ruin a game. This is one of those games I feel is ruined by mods. It is just my opinion tho, so if you love mods whatever the game, go ahead.
  90. Jun 10, 2016
    Mine craft is not a bad game despite what the haters say, and even though fanboys worship this game like the second coming of Christ, and bloat the game's score beyond the reasonable amount, its not the best out there. Mine craft is an original and playful idea, with the whole world consisting of blocks. And sure, you CAN create anything, but for a player who isn't sparsely creative, andMine craft is not a bad game despite what the haters say, and even though fanboys worship this game like the second coming of Christ, and bloat the game's score beyond the reasonable amount, its not the best out there. Mine craft is an original and playful idea, with the whole world consisting of blocks. And sure, you CAN create anything, but for a player who isn't sparsely creative, and is a somewhat bad builder, this game gets boring quick. Mining and exploring is immense and fun, but gather enough ores, and explore the world entirely, there's just not much to look at. That's how many players feel. Modding is difficult and filled with shady websites, so its not a great option if you find vanilla boring. Expand
  91. Apr 18, 2016
    With my Minecraft experience, I put down a 6. You can definitely have fun with this game building forts and houses and visiting the netherworld. The game itself works and you can have lots of fun with friends and online. The possibilities are endless, but also pointless and repetitive too. The enemy mobs, while iconic, are worthless which can be easily avoided. This makes undergroundWith my Minecraft experience, I put down a 6. You can definitely have fun with this game building forts and houses and visiting the netherworld. The game itself works and you can have lots of fun with friends and online. The possibilities are endless, but also pointless and repetitive too. The enemy mobs, while iconic, are worthless which can be easily avoided. This makes underground exploring not very fun, and only a handful of structures are there to explore anyway. Ore mining is alright, finding diamonds is pleasant but not challenging. Some mechanics aren't thought out very well or are just unfinished. An example is potion brewing- it's pretty hard to access and the effects themselves are hard to craft, and are not TOO helpful. The game itself just seems dense from the surface, but once you dig in there actually isn't very much to see. Still, you can have some fun playing around making single player bases if that is what you really desire. The graphics and aesthetics are great which can be modified around, and the different biomes are empty inside but still pretty in their own way.

I could've easily given this game a 5 or even a 4, but since I rate games purely out of my enjoyment, I gave it an extra point. It's a decent game but I had some fun using redstone, playing with friends and joining online servers to PvP. It's still not a very fun game compared to its competitors. Minecraft is just the more popular, casual and dumbed-down sandbox version of other masterpieces.
  92. Nov 23, 2011
    I am a serious gamer, i play games that fulfil all game mechanics - characters, storyline, gameplay etc. And when i sat down and played this game, i thought why am i playing this. It has no storyline, no campaign, no real characters. So how can a game that defies all of these aspects even sell 1 copy. I eventually found myself enjoying making something out of mined pieces, but only forI am a serious gamer, i play games that fulfil all game mechanics - characters, storyline, gameplay etc. And when i sat down and played this game, i thought why am i playing this. It has no storyline, no campaign, no real characters. So how can a game that defies all of these aspects even sell 1 copy. I eventually found myself enjoying making something out of mined pieces, but only for about 17 minutes. For those with simply entertained minds i would reccommend this game, however for serious gamers, you may as well have a go at it, but i would not reccommend purchasing it. Expand
  93. Dec 6, 2011
    While the game is by no means bad, it can just get too boring too quickly. This probably isn't the games fault, but there weren't enough features to make me addicted, which I admittedly once was. One reason is that it's too hard to find enough diamonds to do anything, another reason is that the best things in the game i.e. going to the End and defeating the dragon take too much useless andWhile the game is by no means bad, it can just get too boring too quickly. This probably isn't the games fault, but there weren't enough features to make me addicted, which I admittedly once was. One reason is that it's too hard to find enough diamonds to do anything, another reason is that the best things in the game i.e. going to the End and defeating the dragon take too much useless and fustrating toiling over smelting enchanted rhubarb and whatnot. The rest of the game, however, is very good and worth buying. My biggest complaint, however, is that the servers that don't lag require you to donate, which leaves the rest of us to aimlessly wander around the Spawn building, hoping that someone will start an interesting conversation. You don't even want to go and explore because the world has been devoid of its beauty and turned into a flatland full of eyesores. Your best bet is to play singleplayer (even if it's hard to decide what to build) or local multiplayer with your friends next to you. Expand
  94. Feb 29, 2012
    Most overrated game so far.
    I can only wonder if today's reviewers are thoroughly corrupt, or retarded.
    Most overrated game so far.
    I can only wonder if today's reviewers are thoroughly corrupt, or retarded.
    It's not a bad game, but it simply isn't worthy of such a rating, it's rather simple and casual, little work was put into it; crude graphics; features left out, the developers are lazy and would rather pocket the millons than put any money into the title. Their greed even resulted in raising the price over time rather than lowering it.
  95. Mar 7, 2012
    When I first bought this game, I really enjoyed myself, and the development team was on the ball when it came to listening to their fanbase, but as time went on, less effort went into the game and it kind of became less than spectacular. Where the game is now, it is definitely lacking in some areas and leaves a lot to be desired, but it's still a good time for a while. I've enjoyedWhen I first bought this game, I really enjoyed myself, and the development team was on the ball when it came to listening to their fanbase, but as time went on, less effort went into the game and it kind of became less than spectacular. Where the game is now, it is definitely lacking in some areas and leaves a lot to be desired, but it's still a good time for a while. I've enjoyed myself building various forts and castles, reminding me of my younger days playing with Legos. Now that Notch has stepped down, the game certainly has more potential to expand, but it won't ever be quite the same. Expand
  96. Aug 12, 2015
    Back in the day i used to enjoy the game since 1.8 beta came out i stopped playing due game becoming not typical build/cooperating game now its all about hunger games and other things that makes the game very unsatisfying
  97. Feb 1, 2012
    In my opinion, Minecraft was fun and Notch was being a cool guy and listening to his fans and adding stuff on their opinions, however the fun stopped when the full game was released. The full game didn't have much news things then anticipated, just beta but with like 10 new things. Minecraft had its time in the sun at around beta when all was well and everything was fun however the "FullIn my opinion, Minecraft was fun and Notch was being a cool guy and listening to his fans and adding stuff on their opinions, however the fun stopped when the full game was released. The full game didn't have much news things then anticipated, just beta but with like 10 new things. Minecraft had its time in the sun at around beta when all was well and everything was fun however the "Full Game" was quite disappointing and that just made me think that it wasn't worth playing. I liked it for like 2 weeks but that's it; the game is still crawling with bugs and the promising "Full Version" was a complete let down. Expand
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    Gameplay: 8 - Great. Minecraft. Addictive? Yes. Deep? No. Minecraft's building mechanics are amazing, but the combat is terrible. However, the combat is hardly the focus. Minecraft is about diggyholeing, crafting, and creating. In those areas, Minecraft shines.
    Story: N/A.
    Story: N/A.
    Graphics: 6 - Okay. Minecraft's blocky style is great, and extremely endearing. However, the vanilla textures are so terrible that it is nearly nauseating. Even 16x16 texture packs vastly improve the looks of the game (Recommended: Painterly and Wayukian), and with higher-res packs, the game can look beautiful (Recommended: Dokucraft, LB Photorealism).
    Sound: 7 - Good. Minecraft is a scary game. The sound of a creeper is the most terrifying things on the planet. The music of Minecraft, however, is strange.
    Overall: 7 - Good.
  99. Mar 7, 2012
    I am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list isI am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list is included, however in this game it is not. A great game with some serious holes. Would recommenced this game to only people who I though would enjoy it. Expand
  100. Jul 15, 2012
    My feelings for vanilla Minecraft are mixed. The huge, limitless world is stunning, and the ability to create almost anything you want is awesome. I think the best thing about Minecraft is its endless possibilities, especially when you factor in the huge assortment of mods that have been made for the game. I would rate Minecraft with mods (Technic Pack, etc.) a 9/10, but vanilla MinecraftMy feelings for vanilla Minecraft are mixed. The huge, limitless world is stunning, and the ability to create almost anything you want is awesome. I think the best thing about Minecraft is its endless possibilities, especially when you factor in the huge assortment of mods that have been made for the game. I would rate Minecraft with mods (Technic Pack, etc.) a 9/10, but vanilla Minecraft is sort of becoming a real let down, as the updates are getting fewer and fewer since the game was released and without all the cool mods, vanilla Minecraft does start to get a bit boring. However, I still strongly recommend this game for its huge potential, and as for the graphics: who cares? I am a big fan of realistic graphics, but in my opinion, anyone that would ignore a great game just because of old graphics is a fool. Besides, Minecraft with realistic graphics would need a supercomputer to play. Expand
  101. Feb 27, 2012
    Honestly, the user reviewers can be some of the most annoying people I've ever seen. Half of them are members of a fanbase who are angry because of one trivial thing the developers did. The only reason why this game doesn't bear the 10.0 user score it so rightfully deserves is because a bunch of fans got upset with some decision Notch made or something and so they spammed negative scores.Honestly, the user reviewers can be some of the most annoying people I've ever seen. Half of them are members of a fanbase who are angry because of one trivial thing the developers did. The only reason why this game doesn't bear the 10.0 user score it so rightfully deserves is because a bunch of fans got upset with some decision Notch made or something and so they spammed negative scores. It's bad enough that Spore, a great game, has a 4.6 user rating because people were upset that they didn't get the 2005 Spore. That being said, Minecraft is probably one of the most intuitive ideas for a game that I've seen in a long while. It's a good example of how a huge idea can derive from a simple concept. This is true art at its very finest. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]