7.4

1. May 7, 2012
    kiddies need to flame this game because it has bad graphics.

kiddies need to flame this game because it has bad graphics.

u never played diablo 2, nes, snes, c64 and this old things did you? u cant imagine how awesome minecraft is because u guys think its overrated without playing it for even one hour. just shut up kids and nonames born after 1980 and play your boring games that require zero skill and brain. minecraft is for the creative ones in our society, like me. but there are like 10% of humans only that can even imagine what to build in this game. dont be disappointed guys, you are just dumb people that cant imagine the great things you can do with this game. play your **** and shut the **** up if real gamers are playing.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Lightning + pig = zombie pigman. Need I say more?? Just an awesome game. So simple. So complex. So addictive. So going to go play it right now..........
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    Very Fun, yet simple game. Getting friends together, Getting some microphones, and collecting those precious resources to survive in your new habitat. mining for new materials, such as Gold, or Diamond, for making of the better tools, until you get the best of the best. then, it doesn't even end there! , until you finally have a tower 100 blocks high, and as far as the eye can see, youVery Fun, yet simple game. Getting friends together, Getting some microphones, and collecting those precious resources to survive in your new habitat. mining for new materials, such as Gold, or Diamond, for making of the better tools, until you get the best of the best. then, it doesn't even end there! , until you finally have a tower 100 blocks high, and as far as the eye can see, you dont end your journey! this game had me pre-occupied for hours upon hours This is truly and amazing adventure. BUT, it could be better. until it gets some sort of goal that needs achieving, such as a campaign, then that one point shall rest with me. I have faith, however, that soon enough there will a story line waiting for us. Expand
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft have it's flaws.The total lack of a tutorial and a better guidance for the player certainly can put some gamers lost in the vast world before them. However, what we have here is the birth of a new game genre which inspired other game developers to create similar games (the most famous is Terraria). Despite the blocky and pixelated graphics (or better saying: Voxels) Minecraft isMinecraft have it's flaws.The total lack of a tutorial and a better guidance for the player certainly can put some gamers lost in the vast world before them. However, what we have here is the birth of a new game genre which inspired other game developers to create similar games (the most famous is Terraria). Despite the blocky and pixelated graphics (or better saying: Voxels) Minecraft is another proof you don't need a PS3 or DX11 graphics to make a game good and entertaining. Sure, sometimes you get lost and bored when you don't know what to do, but as long you have a goal to do in this game it'll never get boring. Be building (or reforming) a home, crafting new items, spelunking the caves searching for rare minerals, wandering in the vast world or just creating or recreating a mansion or whatever you want to do in the Creative Mode.

Also despite the blocky graphics, Minecraft CAN scare you. Specially when you're venturing in the mines. Nothing more scaring than digging for minerals in a mine when suddenly you hear a "sssss" right behind you before you're victim of a explosion (and dies) or when you turn around a dark corner just to see a big and furry spider lunging at your face.

In the end, Minecraft is a game for creative and intelligent gamers who can see what lies behind a world made of blocked and "ugly" grafics. In my most honest opinion, if this game don't deserves a 10. Then no other game deserves it.
  5. Feb 1, 2012
    Minecraft is a creative and fun game. Unlimited world space. and you can build whatever you want in this game. Ive spend over 100 hours playing this game. Great job Notch!
  6. Sep 10, 2012
    Minecraft offers a blend of creativeness, action and now RPG-like elements such as enchantments, experience points in a package game well worth the price. The additional modding community increases the content of the game tenfold. My only gripe is with how poorly this game runs due to it being written in java.
  7. May 22, 2012
    Minecraft is sandbox in its purest form. You can do whatever you want or follow its small story line to defeat the Ender Dragon. You decide. One of the most fun aspects of this game is manipulating the mechanics to create insane creations. Honestly there is nothing that annoys me about this game besides that it has consumed many hours of my life. I'm giving it a 9 instead of 10 onlyMinecraft is sandbox in its purest form. You can do whatever you want or follow its small story line to defeat the Ender Dragon. You decide. One of the most fun aspects of this game is manipulating the mechanics to create insane creations. Honestly there is nothing that annoys me about this game besides that it has consumed many hours of my life. I'm giving it a 9 instead of 10 only because for those that don't have the sandbox mentality it is difficult to understand this game. It is pure sandbox and some gamers would like at least a little direction while playing. Expand
  8. Jan 1, 2013
    This game is sure to be a standard in video game history. It has no limits, truly, to what you can accomplish. although down the road it does become monotonous and repetitive, the fact that this game is raw creation makes it a very powerful game and tool.
  9. Jul 5, 2013
    Minecraft is a unbelievable game with so much great game play. You can build whatever you want and battle monsters and go play with friends. Not to mention modding and the crazy server mini games like on the shotbow network. There's no end to what you can do! I find it hard to get bored of it!

With it constantly being updated, also being one of the highest selling pc games of all time, Minecraft is one hell of a game, and is worth the money!
  10. Aug 10, 2014
    First of all it's very lonely game. I am talking about single-player, of course. You can't get this sense of loneliness in any other game. And for me it's very enjoyable.
    Secondly, it's beautiful game. Not talking about graphics, but style. Rain, snow, night - everything is really well-made.
    And thirdly, feel of discovery is awesome.
    Its a great game and you should at least try it.
  11. Oct 21, 2013
    Minecraft gives you so many options on what you want to do. You can choose the creative side and build your masterpiece, or you can fight with friends and compete in mini games.
  12. Dec 7, 2013
    Graphics 9/10
    Blocky but that's what makes it great
    Replay ability 10/10
    Infinite world, infinite hours of gameplay
    Gameplay 9/10
    You do whatever you want within the games limits
    It's a sandbox game
  13. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is very fun to play and can become additive spending hours and hours playing it and it never gets boring, get a friend and start building your own world of blocks
  14. Jan 3, 2014
    This is an entertaining, very casual game. There are few limits on what you can do with this game and an Internet connection. Even without the on-line parts of the game, the game can keep you occupied for a long time. The controls are easy to learn, and the game is easy to understand. You are only limited by your imagination.
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  16. Oct 22, 2016
    Minecraft, Minecraft, Minecraft.
    What can you really say about this game that hasn't already been said?
    Nonetheless, let me outline some things that I like about it: and sometimes I'll "compare" it to Terraria since I like that game too. Story: good joke m8 Controls: Simple and intuitive: move with WASD, M1 for attack, M2 for other action, other keys for open inventory, drop item
    Minecraft, Minecraft, Minecraft.
    What can you really say about this game that hasn't already been said?

Story: good joke m8

Controls: Simple and intuitive: move with WASD, M1 for attack, M2 for other action, other keys for open inventory, drop item and swap hands. Simple, but it's a good simple.

Graphics: Nice classic pixel art style: default textures are nice, but if you don't like them, USE A FREABKING RESOURCE PACK.

Sound: Ambient music that only plays occasionally compared to Terraria's upbeat, constant music. Really sets the tone nicely. The sound effects also help: random creepy echoes if you're near a cave with monsters in it etc.

Gameplay: Arguably the most important part of any game. And Minecraft does not disappoint. Simple to learn, simple concept, but you can do literally anything as long as you put in the time to do it. There are tons of different biomes to explore and discover. There are dungeons to loot and monuments to conquer. You have a combat system that appears simple: swipe when the meter's full to deal the most damage: but there's more depth with slower, but heavier-hitting axes, potions, using a shield to block your opponents attack: it's not complex, but it's pretty deep all things considered (but I still wouldn't say it's as fantastic as fighting giant eyes in Terraria).
    And then there's the thing you've all been waiting for: the building. What can you say about it? Put in the time to make the build, and you can create something truly special: even a computer. Yes, a computer.

Conclusion: Great, calming game that you can easily play for hours on end: perfecting your mob trap, finishing up and decorating your mansion, you name it, you can do it. Cons: it can get pretty repetitive, and you might even say boring, but it's easy to just start a new project, make a new world, and you can just keep on playing.
    (The community also isn't that great but you can't fault the game for that, can you?)
    (Surely Undertale and FNAF can agree with me, right?)
    In comparison to Terraria: they're both great games in their own rights, but they focus on different things. Terraria focuses more on exploration & combat, Minecraft focuses on creating things.

Side note: I don't play too much multiplayer on public servers so that experience may be completely different: I'm just there for the survival.
  17. Jun 10, 2016
    I really like this game because it's totally free ! You want a giant represantation of you ? BUILD IT ! But, if you want to do do something faithful to the model, you need thousands of blocks ! That's why I give to do game only eight, the game is cool, but you need thousands of blocks to do a single construction.
    Cool, but hard for building, 8/10 -Metacritic
  18. Jan 29, 2011
    This game is amazing! I really can't wait for this game to be fully released. At it's $14.98 US price tag, this game should not be missed. I am very surprised there are not hundreds or thousands of reviews for this game as popular as it has been recently. The creator has sold over 1 million copies of the game and it is still in beta! That is how great this game is. This game is by far theThis game is amazing! I really can't wait for this game to be fully released. At it's $14.98 US price tag, this game should not be missed. I am very surprised there are not hundreds or thousands of reviews for this game as popular as it has been recently. The creator has sold over 1 million copies of the game and it is still in beta! That is how great this game is. This game is by far the best indie game I have even played! A must Buy! Expand
  19. Sep 6, 2011
    Flawless. I can't even describe how much fun Minecraft is, and with the impending Adventure Update and Official Release I think it can only get better. It's truely the ultimate sandbox. Some people complain about the graphics, but that's nothing I found annoying. You have blocky pixels for a blocky game, if you wanted groundbreaking graphics then you should try Crysis 2. And if you aren'tFlawless. I can't even describe how much fun Minecraft is, and with the impending Adventure Update and Official Release I think it can only get better. It's truely the ultimate sandbox. Some people complain about the graphics, but that's nothing I found annoying. You have blocky pixels for a blocky game, if you wanted groundbreaking graphics then you should try Crysis 2. And if you aren't quite satisfied there are thousands of texture packs available for download. Expand
  20. Jan 1, 2011
    An addictive, simple, yet beautiful game. If you are someone who judges a game by it's graphics, then you will probably dislike this game. However every gamer knows not to judge a game by it's graphics, as a game can be rewarding in different ways, and indeed Minecraft is. A tiny sized game, that has huge potential, and is going to take the world by storm.
  21. Feb 26, 2012
    The game that basically has redefined the sandbox genre. You can almost do anything you want. I could rant and rave on what is good, but my favorable score show show that. I'm going to write the short-comings because people need to understand what they are gonna either miss or want.

Firstly, when you get in the game, you can do whatever you want, but that is a downside. For the not very creative people (like me), it is hard to keep playing the game when I don't have an end-goal to achieve. You can explore FOREVER and will get lost and if you die and are lost? Say good bye to whatever you were carrying.

Secondly, from the beta days to now the weekly snapshots, it has gone from a creative little world to an adventure mode that has again no goal. You can explore and find a village, but it doesn't necessarily help you. You can enchant weapons/items to help you, but it isn't necessary. It gives you freedom to do what you want, but with no guidance, what's the point?

Thirdly, Mods and add-ons. The game does a great job with allowing the player to do what they want, but it gets outrageous. They allow people to add their own texture packs, but not the mods to allow users to accomplish their personal goals quicker. For example, what if I am building a tower? I need a "flying" mod so I don't need to worry about falling and dying. Every update/release you would have to re-install the mods. I know Mojang does not specifically support the mods system, but since EVERYONE is using them, why not just add that in?

The multiplayer in the game is great, and can be amazing when you have a server filled with people who help each other, but you always get griefers who want to watch the world burn.
  22. Mar 28, 2011
    just to start you off, this game is AMAZING!!!! the concept is quite simple, yet even more effective than quite a few games, even games you have to pay $60 or so for. Though the single player is absolutely great for the first little while, it does eventually get boring, however, as most games do, the multi player makes it worth the $15 or $20 bucks you pay to own it for life. The best partjust to start you off, this game is AMAZING!!!! the concept is quite simple, yet even more effective than quite a few games, even games you have to pay $60 or so for. Though the single player is absolutely great for the first little while, it does eventually get boring, however, as most games do, the multi player makes it worth the $15 or $20 bucks you pay to own it for life. The best part of this game is how excellently it executes the creative side of your brain, you must think of how you make items using different items and in what pattern they must be in, or how exactly you can make a pyramid almost a third of a mile wide. Overall this game deliver something like no other ( except for dwarf fortress and infiniminer.) some may use an argument such as " oh, it is really pixely!!!" this is a comment which should be thought about, for each map is 8 times the surface of the earth which is 51,200,000,000 cubic meters... that would take low resolution in order to handle that much. Expand
  23. Jun 17, 2011
    Bad Graphics, Lame and Not worth my time when I have better games to be going on with are some of the comments I am usually associated with regarding this game. But Nieve people who believe this are sincerely misled, the graphics are what give this game it's unique retro feel and those of you out there who do not believe this do not give the game a chance which it very much deserves! TheBad Graphics, Lame and Not worth my time when I have better games to be going on with are some of the comments I am usually associated with regarding this game. But Nieve people who believe this are sincerely misled, the graphics are what give this game it's unique retro feel and those of you out there who do not believe this do not give the game a chance which it very much deserves! The general jist (if that's how you spell it) is to both Mine and Craft..Duh! You must mine the raw elements needed to advance in the game IE; Diamond, Iron and Coal. And then Craft tools out of these elements to use against fighting zombies, building houses and generally advancing through the game! Firstly you a spawned at a random spot in an infinitely random world which is always one of a kind. Your primary objective on the first day is to build a shelter and make pretty basic tools to copinside with the onslaught of various amazing mobs that are coming your way at dusk. The mobs consist of Creepers- Exploding Green Penis looking things. Skeletons- which shoot a lot of arrows at you from the darkness Zombies- Which are err...Zombies and Spiders- Which are spiders. Most of these can be seen while you are adventuring the countless caverns that are laid randomly underneath your world! So Overall An amazing game which offers countless hours of enjoyment without you even thinking about It.. A must buy! Expand
  24. Nov 27, 2011
    (Im writing this review with the assumption that you at least know the basics of Minecraft)

Minecraft is literally and figuratively "endless". There is an infinitely generating map stretching as far as you care to wonder, and the abundance of modifications that allow you to reinvent the game a million times over, keep it mostly "new". Now thats the game in a nutshell, however there are a few aspects, both the technical and audible that leave you with a bitter taste after a few hours of gameplay.

The sounds clips of doors opening and closing, the sound of zombies, cows and chickens can get annoying. Especially after 9345th time a door creaks open with the exact same repetitive sound clip it always used. Also it only takes about an hour to become effectively invincible to any attack, which needless to say eliminates the challenging aspect of the game almost entirely. Now thats off-putting, I know. However, like I mentioned in the first paragraph, the modifications expand the possibilities of, well anything, thats whats so good about the Minecraft mods.

The modifications allowed me to fly in a zeppelin and listen to voice acting and read scriptures as I progressed through a user made story line!

People say the graphics aren't very good. At your first glance you'd be forgiven to think so. Yes the textures are repetitive, but you have to expect that. They are definitely memorable though, you won't find anything like minecraft textures anywhere else! However the game does infact upscale the resolution depending on the size of the window. And the lighting is surprisingly beautiful. Yes the shadows are completely static and blurry, but the sun setting and rising is genuinely beautiful! So maybe think twice when your calling the graphics bad. There really isn much more to say about this game. The modifications make this game interesting, nothing else. If you don't intend on modding this game, I suggest you don't intend on buying this game.
  25. Dec 31, 2011
    It features simple, intuitive, and interesting mechanics easily learned on the fly, yet it features an emergent depth of gameplay. I must say this game is a masterpiece even in this late alpha stage
  26. Aug 20, 2011
    There are never too many great building games. Minecraft is one of the best. If you played with legos in your childhood you've got to love this. The idea is simple, put blocks and remove blocks. This easy mechanism allows you to create whatever you want. And it's cheap too.
  27. Nov 24, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. The only reason it is really getting hated upon is because of its art style and updates. Both of which are nothing to complain about even if you don't like the game.
  28. Nov 27, 2011
    This is just amazing, there is so many things you can do, but few updates then this will be completed. Minecraft maybe need story or something but community will help you mods, servers, texture packs, those is why this is so damn good and without those, this is still very good game.
  29. Nov 22, 2011
    BEST GAME IN HISTORY. A very creative game that takes long to get bored. It is huge open map where you can do anything, whenever i want for e.g i can even save in the middle of the map and then chose to join that map again. It's just amazing too amazing took me a long time to get bored of it and in the 1.0 full release everything i want is there
  30. Nov 19, 2011
    Minecraft is not really a game. It's more like phenomenon. I can not really imagine person which has not heard of Minecraft. So far millions of people played it. I have watched it since January 2010 and first played it in November 2010. I have watched all the process of constructing and upgrading the game, and I guess I was one of the first thousand Poles who bought it. With thisMinecraft is not really a game. It's more like phenomenon. I can not really imagine person which has not heard of Minecraft. So far millions of people played it. I have watched it since January 2010 and first played it in November 2010. I have watched all the process of constructing and upgrading the game, and I guess I was one of the first thousand Poles who bought it. With this knowledge, i can really say it: alpha 1.2.6 was the best part of Minecraft, and it would deserve 10. But since then, adding incomplete stuff and ruining it's point have ruined it's final score, too. But, even therefore there's so many stupid and incomplete stuff (NPC's, villages, etc. etc.) I love it. I love it the damn outta it. It really is not a game; you can not say "Minecraft has bored me, I am leaving". You just open it sometimes and play. It's not like "I like it" or "I don't like it", since it's YOUR game. You decide what are you doing in your fantastic, randomly generated world and your own decision is, what you'll build, and what will you see. You can build, you can discover or you can kill everything in sight. Whatever you choose, it's your game and even if you don't like building, you can for example go and look for dungeons, and vice versa. It can never make you bored as if you'll get bored of something, you can always make something different. The point of my score (9 out of 10) is just because of Notch's decision to make it more RPG like than sandbox like. Yeah, you still can ignore villages and strongholds and keep building, but still it makes me feel like I'm playing incomplete Diablo clone than 100% complete, full and enjoyable sandbox game. I enjoyed 1.2.6 alpha more, but 1.0.0 release is still, by far, the most enjoyable game... ever made? Maybe. That's because the possibilities are endless. If I'll ever get bored of this game... I'll do something else in my beautiful world. Funny, how 9 out of 10 game is more enjoyable than games I've rated 10. And I feel really bad of having incomplete game as the release version. But now... back to my mine. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2011
    Le jeu est vraiment bien programmer, c'est pas une tuerie en design mais il à son charme. Et niveau programmation ça déchire ! Merci Notch

Notch expensive, I buy your game Minecraft via the website Paypal, but requires your system to register a credit card that I do not Posed. I have a Paypal account but no credit card. Is it possible to pay with Paypal Minecraft?
    Paypal email?
    Thank you kindly answer me because I'm looking forward to playing Minecraft.

Sincerely,
  32. Nov 15, 2011
    Highly enjoyable, especially with modding capabilities, making it a go-to game if you're bored. Although, for a game with quite simple graphics, some computers might not handle the fun of this cube shaped piece of indie legend.
  33. Jan 17, 2012
    This game is incredibly fantastic. It's a game of creation and imagination. You can build anything you want, so long as you have the resources for it. That true to life scale of the arc de triumphe feels much more amazing, knowing you carved out every block for the resources, and built it yourself. Although, if you're shy of the work, there is a creative mode; like a much more fun andThis game is incredibly fantastic. It's a game of creation and imagination. You can build anything you want, so long as you have the resources for it. That true to life scale of the arc de triumphe feels much more amazing, knowing you carved out every block for the resources, and built it yourself. Although, if you're shy of the work, there is a creative mode; like a much more fun and interesting game of virtual legos. All in all, this game is as awesome as you are. It gives you the tools, and removes the barrier to entry to create whatever is in your imagination. I love this game. And the replay value is limitless. Expand
  34. Dec 2, 2011
    Minecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and youMinecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and you will see an entirely new side of the game.

To make a long story short: of all great games out there, Minecraft has the best price-quality ratio. Buy it today!
  35. Dec 6, 2011
    **** Awesome game and a success for Indie game developers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  36. Dec 14, 2011
    At first, while looking at the screenshots, you may think : "What is this pixelated and blocky piece of crap! How can people POSSIBLY like this game!?". That was my first reaction to this game. But once you do decide to give it a go, you'll find it's much more than a pixelated game.

Minecraft is a sandbox game. There are no scripted objectives, no "go there and get me this and that". There are many RPG elements such as armour, enchanting, and potions, as well as the old hotbar. There's also the survival element (if you choose to play survival mode). But minecraft is more about doing it your way. You can choose any playstyle, not constrained by pesky quests or classes or objectives. There are no restrictions. You can feel free to do whatever you want. Want to make a giant LolCat picture? Sure, go ahead. Even open world games like Skyrim can't give you this amount of freedom. It's even better when playing with friends, building giant structures together. If building isn't your thing, you can go exploring for dungeons or monster hunting.

And of course, the modding and mapping community is basically what makes Minecraft one of the greatest games of all time. There are countless mods for almost anything you can think of. From advanced machines to cool magic and wizadry mods, mods make Minecraft have a limitless amount of replayability. Not the mention the plethora of custom maps and adventures that are like playing an RPG.
  37. Jan 3, 2012
    I was going to give this game a 10 but the block for 10 got blown up by a Creeper so it'll have to do with a 9+ A very fun game that is great for relaxing and planning vs the frantic intensity of an FPS or hack and slash of a dungeon crawl in Skyrim. This game is great for relaxing, and building something cool but also with the planning so your creation doesn't get destroyed. MinecraftI was going to give this game a 10 but the block for 10 got blown up by a Creeper so it'll have to do with a 9+ A very fun game that is great for relaxing and planning vs the frantic intensity of an FPS or hack and slash of a dungeon crawl in Skyrim. This game is great for relaxing, and building something cool but also with the planning so your creation doesn't get destroyed. Minecraft appeals to both the old school gamer and the new gamer, it's more of a thinking person's game but is also friendly to the casual gamer if you don't want to risk having your creations destroyed. All in all a fun and enjoyable game to play. Expand
  38. Feb 13, 2012
    One of those games that is good, but for largely intangible reasons. In truth, most of what minecraft promises to be is not lived up to, but the awesome sense of freedom and knowing that the world is randomly generated; that no one, not even the game's creator has seen the exact world that you're in before is a very appealing feeling. The ability to craft, create and build is theOne of those games that is good, but for largely intangible reasons. In truth, most of what minecraft promises to be is not lived up to, but the awesome sense of freedom and knowing that the world is randomly generated; that no one, not even the game's creator has seen the exact world that you're in before is a very appealing feeling. The ability to craft, create and build is the hallmark of the game, but there are still too many frustrations in the final build for me to recommend the game without some reservations. Definitely worth a look, just don't expect too much. Expand
  39. Mar 14, 2012
    This game Is absolutely revolutionary. However I cant give it a 10 because of the new pointless NPC villages and the new world generation. Still a great game though
  40. Feb 24, 2012
    Finally, Minecraft is an original game, with an interesting core gameplay. The player's imagination is the most important thing in the adventure.
    It's a little tiring after a while, but I always end up replaying it at one time or another!
    Minecraft is a good example to prove that game design and imagination is more important than graphics and VFX.
  41. Apr 6, 2012
    Many people miss the point of what Minecraft truly is. Sure, Minecraft in of itself is a fun game that allows people to explore their imagination and build whatever comes to mind, but what has truly given Minecraft its significance over the years is it's fantastic community. No other community has been able to offer as much extra user-made content as this game. That's what really makesMany people miss the point of what Minecraft truly is. Sure, Minecraft in of itself is a fun game that allows people to explore their imagination and build whatever comes to mind, but what has truly given Minecraft its significance over the years is it's fantastic community. No other community has been able to offer as much extra user-made content as this game. That's what really makes Minecraft shine over other games. The game's simplicity allows you to do what you want with it. Expand
  42. Sep 7, 2012
    Minecraft deserves a 10 out of 10 because its essentially the first of its kind. No other game I have ever played is even remotely similar to Minecraft. The old style of graphics, huge worlds, infinite possibilities of creation, unique enemies that attack at night, farming, mining, swimming, exploring, setting up defenses, etc. This game is a big bundle of random fun. It's also anMinecraft deserves a 10 out of 10 because its essentially the first of its kind. No other game I have ever played is even remotely similar to Minecraft. The old style of graphics, huge worlds, infinite possibilities of creation, unique enemies that attack at night, farming, mining, swimming, exploring, setting up defenses, etc. This game is a big bundle of random fun. It's also an excellent babysitter. Seriously set a kid up in a Minecraft world they wont leave the computer. All jokes aside theres no other game that really intrudes on Minecraft's genre. If I were to define "Sandbox" I would say "Minecraft". On top of being fun in Vanilla this game is veryyyy easily modded. Technic pack is one of my favorites because I don't actually have to mess with Minecraft's files. It creates it's own directory. Although Technic does add a whole new meaning to the word "lost". Overall I've had a lot of fun with my blocky creations and because of an internet cap I can't play multiplayer. (I'm so jealous of unlimited internet... We can only get Verizon's 4g mifi where we live..) Anyways that's my review happy crafting :D! Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2012
    Minecraft is an amazing game. Infinite, procedurally-generated terrain, that makes the game never ending and forever entertaining. It gives you the opportunity to build anything and everything, except circles. It has redstone that allows for circuitry to make amazing machines, survival version to make it challenging, and an almost infinite modding capability for those who figure it out.
  44. Mar 26, 2013
    It's a wonderful sight to see another indie game shoot up to the top of the gaming industry, and Minecraft is no exception. This is a definite buy for any gamer, as it provides something unique to the open-world RPG/ adventure genre. The sky is the limit!

Off the mark, most people will know Minecraft for its unique graphical style. Blocks make up every object in this game, and the simple, yet brilliant art-style ties straight into the core gameplay. Running Minecraft is easy- the requirements are extremely low, and with a good gaming PC, I've run this game at well over two-hundred frames per second (that's fast). However: Minecraft is not brilliantly optimised due to its low budget, so expect some very major slowdown when you crank up the settings. 9/10

In the way of story- there is no definite experience. Your story will be personal to you alone, and nobody's adventures will be quite the same, although there isn't a way of tracking what you've done so far by means of recording gameplay, a feature which many people would enjoy. 9/10

The game has a very distinct sound design, which delivers around five or six memorable tracks that play at random intervals. An introduction of some new pieces would be nice to hear, though, as the repeating soundtrack can begin to go stale after a while. Sound effects are also good, but their repetitiveness sours the aural experience a fair amount. 7.5/10

But where Minecraft excels the most is in gameplay. When a player first starts their Survival Mode world, they'll have to chop down trees, craft a crafting table and quickly get to work crafting objects and tools to keep them alive, and safe from the evil enemy "mobs" such as exploding Creepers or bow-wielding Skeletons that attack at night. From here on in, the player is left to do basically anything they want, mining underground for better resources with crafted tools, farming plants and animals to eat and pet, and creating almost anything imaginable with blocks. Minecraft is a completely open world, there for players to explore and adore. 10/10

And if the stellar singleplayer wasn't enough, a multiplayer mode is also available too! This holds the most issues in the game, but will last you even more time. All the servers in Minecraft are private, meaning that you'll have to look up which games are free, type in the IP address of the server, and only then be able to play games. The process is frustrating, and so is making a server (which is free, but needs downloads and looking up to be able to make one), but it pays off when you finally get a game. There are varying player versus player and co-op gametypes that will keep you and your friends entertained together, and all can be found on the Internet. The addition of voice chat would be welcomed, and it isn't yet in the game as of the time this review was written, but a chat bar is sufficient enough. Overall, though, Minecraft is a stand-out multiplayer game. 8.5/10

Altogether, Minecraft is a brilliant must-buy for gamers of any age, and really brings something new to the table. Updates are common, and they give definite improvements every time, the art style is great, the gameplay is unique and the game can literally be played forever. Minecraft easily earns a 9/10.
  45. Mar 21, 2013
    I have been with Minecraft for most of development, and I must say it has gone a long way. Minecraft is a game like no other, the creative potential is unlimited. You can play the survival mode, witch is harder now on Hard mode, or you can get into creative and build anything you can imagine! Multiplayer works smoothly now, and the community online gets better by the day. The game hasI have been with Minecraft for most of development, and I must say it has gone a long way. Minecraft is a game like no other, the creative potential is unlimited. You can play the survival mode, witch is harder now on Hard mode, or you can get into creative and build anything you can imagine! Multiplayer works smoothly now, and the community online gets better by the day. The game has changed drastically, and I believe for the better. Minecraft is the single best game I have ever played, and I have played a lot. In my opinion, this game; no, this masterpiece, will live forever. Expand
  46. Apr 30, 2013
    I've bean around since alpha and have sill bean playing it so about 1 year of me Sitting at my computer playing, That's allot of game-play and its a very small file No pay DLC the updates are free! with new things and That's what i love about it
  47. Sep 17, 2013
    Minecraft is simply amazing, create anything you want from blocks, or fight zombies, or gather resources, whatever you want to do you can!

I didn't want to buy this game, I got talked into it and I must say its some of the best money I have spent in gaming recently.

Updates are frequent, but what really makes this game amazing is the modding community.
  48. Oct 11, 2013
    Okay. So, Controversy I see. Well, this game has plenty of things to do, great survival, though it is slightly over priced. I think they should at least put it down to $15 to $20 dollars, but I'm not saying "don't get the game. It's a spectacular game that involves good combat, realistic things (some things are crazy). Even though it looks horrible graphics-wise, graphics aren't theOkay. So, Controversy I see. Well, this game has plenty of things to do, great survival, though it is slightly over priced. I think they should at least put it down to $15 to $20 dollars, but I'm not saying "don't get the game. It's a spectacular game that involves good combat, realistic things (some things are crazy). Even though it looks horrible graphics-wise, graphics aren't the biggest thing ever. It was supposed to look like this, and it's still being updated with tons of new things. It's currently in version 1.6 (Post-Beta) and is being updated soon. It's also out for the Xbox 360, PS3, and coming out for the PS4. Expand
  49. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect tenDon't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect ten without a doubt. Expand
  50. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly awesome, epic and wonderful, Minecraft is like the boredom buster on my life and I will not stop from playing this first-person sandbox creative game! Minecraft is certainly the best game I've downloaded from my computer, has cute mobs like ocelots and cats, evil mobs like blazes and ghast, bosses like Wither and Ender Dragon and has awesome texture design!
  51. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time.Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  52. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  53. Mar 30, 2015
    A perfect game, you can build your own world with an almost absolute freedom. You can play the game with mods to make it more fitting to your tastes. One of the few interesting games I advise to play
  54. Nov 16, 2014
    The reason Minecraft is simply flawless is because it is a canvas for anything really. Survival Mode is constantly fun and Creative Mode is fun for building.

However, when I first began playing it, I was clueless to mods and texture packs and custom maps and the game got very boring. I eventually learned about installing them and that got me back into the game but that's just a warning for anyone buying the game. Also, if you find yourself bored...Technic Launcher!
  55. Jan 1, 2015
    I can't understand why people do not like this game. Minecraft is a forum of creativity that anyone can join in on even if you're not creative. If you are creative, then you can build and have fun in normal Minecraft. If you aren't, there are thousands of custom maps, mini-game servers, and mods as a result of Minecraft's popularity. This game is more than just "digital legos". In regularI can't understand why people do not like this game. Minecraft is a forum of creativity that anyone can join in on even if you're not creative. If you are creative, then you can build and have fun in normal Minecraft. If you aren't, there are thousands of custom maps, mini-game servers, and mods as a result of Minecraft's popularity. This game is more than just "digital legos". In regular survival you have to work towards building up resources for each build that you do and sometimes you need to make sacrifices on design for protection against mobs or because you don't have access to that material yet. Expand
  56. Jan 20, 2015
    better than the xbox version has more stuff doesnt lag during multi player alot of stuff that is better than this and everyone kows it i am sure of it
  57. Jun 27, 2015
    THIS GAME IS ONE OF THE BEST I PLAYED IN MY LIFE WELL IM NOT A FAN BOY BUT THIS GAMES NOT SUCKS

GRAPHICS:

GAME PLAY:THE COMBATS ARE GREAT THE CONSTRUCTION OMG
    YES IT'S GOD

MODS:I LIKE THE MODS THEY'RE GREAT
  58. May 12, 2016
    This is one of my favorite games of all time! At first I thought it was just a boring game where you build with blocks, but now I have played it myself and I'm very hooked to it.
  59. May 25, 2016
    Well, Minecraft is a game that is not so good. Certainly, for many, the worst thing of all in Minecraft is its lousy graphics, but the game itself is good ... It has a good gameplay, and can have fun for hours. Many say that this game is bad just because the kids play, but that does not make the game be bad. I played Minecraft, but things got worse with the release of Minecraft Windows 10Well, Minecraft is a game that is not so good. Certainly, for many, the worst thing of all in Minecraft is its lousy graphics, but the game itself is good ... It has a good gameplay, and can have fun for hours. Many say that this game is bad just because the kids play, but that does not make the game be bad. I played Minecraft, but things got worse with the release of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, and with a bad middle game that is Minecraft: History Mode. Since Minecraft was in the hands of Microsoft, things got worse, and does not have good Minecraft for Windows 10. Although the game designers and workers look like they are lazy, because the games have a very bad graphic, as I said. A bad thing in the game is that there are many hacks on a multiplayer server, many use hack, which leaves very boring game. But Minecraft is a game that at first is pretty cool and that will give you lots of fun in the early hours, and still with the creative mode is good to build cool stuff. Expand
  60. Oct 18, 2010
    One of the best games I've ever played and it's still just in alpha.
    While it might not look like much it's one of the most exciting games I've played, it features endless possibilities for exploration, adventuring, crafting, building and shaping the world around you.
    One of the best games I've ever played and it's still just in alpha.
    It can also be hysterically frightening in a panicky kind of way, when you've just mined a bunch of high value ores down in a deep and dark cave and suddenly run into a bunch of monsters.
    It's very hyped at the moment, but coming from someone who bought it earlier this year I think it deserves all the attention it's currently getting.
  61. Apr 21, 2011
    The difference between this game and other sandbox games is that you have to work hard to find what your looking for. Sure, you could coat yourself in golden armor and wield a sword of diamond, but you will need to turn an area of land the size of Hawaii to find it all. Which sets it apart from other similar games, with the fact that, while your free to set your own goals in this game,The difference between this game and other sandbox games is that you have to work hard to find what your looking for. Sure, you could coat yourself in golden armor and wield a sword of diamond, but you will need to turn an area of land the size of Hawaii to find it all. Which sets it apart from other similar games, with the fact that, while your free to set your own goals in this game, like in all sandbox games, it isn't all given to you. You feel a great sense of accomplishment when you finish one of the goals you set for yourself. The system of achievements giving you a general idea of what you can do in this game. Let your imagination roam free, just make sure it's back by dark, always be back home by nightfall in Minecraft.

The largest complaint I hear about this game is that the graphic are poor, I could not disagree more. Only the cobblestone texture is poor. Nonetheless, a remedy exists for all graphic centric people, this is called "installing a texture pack". Texture packs are commonly found on the popular Minecraft forums, and there is one for all sorts of tastes, though a nice one to find out what you think looks good in Minecraft is the Painterly Pack (http://painterlypack.net/). The website allows you to customize the various textures in Minecraft, there are at least for different texture options for any given block or item in the game.

I highly recommend you buy this game, though don't be surprised if you fall prey to the "Minecrack" and stay up until 1 A.M. on your search for diamonds.
  62. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is a uniquely creative game. In fact, almost all of the gameplay is based on harnessing your creations to survive. The fate of character is fully up to you. With so many things to do it seems like it would take an endless amount of time to completely explore the world of Minecraft. However, the game felt slightly repetitive too. I found myself going on to online servers for aMinecraft is a uniquely creative game. In fact, almost all of the gameplay is based on harnessing your creations to survive. The fate of character is fully up to you. With so many things to do it seems like it would take an endless amount of time to completely explore the world of Minecraft. However, the game felt slightly repetitive too. I found myself going on to online servers for a more interactive approach. The online is really enjoyable also but it too is not perfect. There are risks to playing online: "grieving" which can be annoying. Also I have had a server crash on me a few times. Both single player and online Minecraft are fun enough to keep you playing for hours, if not days or months. The game design is fun with a 8-bit look. It is easy to learn while playing and controlling it isn't hard. Overall, the game doesn't deserve and perfect score but I would DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone looking for a new game. Expand
  63. Mar 12, 2011
    No game that has ever existed has created an immersion as large as minecraft has done.

Using as simple as a program as java, 1 man (yes, 1 man) named notch, with a brilliant idea, has made millions. Companies such as Mojang should set a large example for huge companies with massive developers overlooking them. Gaming today is turning from a passion to a "get rich quick scheme", where people create games not out of loving to make them, but out of the lust for money.*COUGH* Treyarch, EA, IW, Bungie*COUGH*.

When you see a company, the underdog, shoving a fist up the asses of the EA'S of the owrld (rhetorically of course), you seem to want to root them on by buying there games....

what the hell am I talking aout... I forgot where I was going with this.

Good game, immersive, and fun.
  64. Jul 18, 2011
    Minecraft is a simple game, not to be taken for it's face value. It's a game that is only limited by your imagination. The graphics seem poor, but add to the charm.

You start off in an empty world, inhabited only by animals. As you explore this vast world, you collect the resources needed to build your first shelter, perhaps a bed as well. As the night falls upon your world, the creatures of the night come out with only the intent of killing you. Past this first night, you return outside to collect more resources. This day, you decide, will be the day that you craft your first set of armor. Or maybe it's the day you first begin your expedition into the depths of the world to uncover more valuable ores. Whichever you choose, the ambient of the world gives you a sense of loneliness, but then the wonderful and peaceful music comes in and you realize that you are not alone, no, instead you are at peace with your surroundings. As you delve into the depths, you encounter dungeons and lava. The darkness surrounds you making torches a necessity. You keep traveling through the natural cave systems, breaking down walls with your pick until you find what you've been looking for. This simple gem represents the entirety of your struggles through your world. These diamonds will allow you to craft the most powerful tools possible. With these diamond tools, you begin to harvest obsidian. You craft some flint and steel and get to work building a portal. As you light that portal for the first time, excitement runs through you. You step into the portal and are transported to a new world, a world full of flame and lava. Where the creatures are deadlier. You have arrived in the nether. This place can be used as a way to quickly travel around the surface world, or can be used to gather strange new blocks. But soon even this place grows boring.

Once you arrive at stability, with a constant source of resources that you can gather with ease, the game becomes less of an adventure. Now that you have all that you could want, all that is left is to build. You can build anything. Your mind's eye sees this world as a canvas, your blocks as the paint. You build structure upon structure, bringing your world to life. You have farms full of wheat, a dense forest with mushrooms covering the ground, a small village, perhaps a castle with a moat, your mine shafts.

And now, you step back and look at your expansive creation. You marvel at your handiwork, despite a few flaws that you see. And then you realize how much time you have spent in this world. Hours upon hours, seemingly wasted. But you must remember; Time you enjoy wasting, isn't time wasted.

Minecraft is a simple game, a game that is only as incredible as you can make it. The game is constantly being expanded with content updates, the Multiplayer allows you to experience this vast world with your friends. If there is one thing that Minecraft is not, that is that this is not the game for those who lack imagination. You must have a drive to create, and only then will you truly see Minecraft for the masterpiece that it is.
  65. Mar 26, 2011
    Here's a few things I love about Minecraft, in no particular order:

- The open-ended gameplay. With a little thought, you can accomplish almost anything you want. The artistically inclined will certainly find a niche to fill somewhere in here. - The graphics. Testament to the fact that photo-realism need not be a requirement in today's game market. Those who prefer prettied-up games may
    Here's a few things I love about Minecraft, in no particular order:

- The graphics. Testament to the fact that photo-realism need not be a requirement in today's game market. Those who prefer prettied-up games may avoid Minecraft for this reason.
    - Exploration. The game world is generated by complex algorithms which create stunning, completely unique formations on a whim. There's a sense of discovery here akin to that which was felt by European explorers when they first set sail to distant Atlantic islands all those years ago.
    - The monsters. The skeletons wielding bows, the zombies that inexplicably drop feathers, and the horrendous ghasts of the Nether are quirky, but fearsome. They're simple, effective antagonists. How many other games are best-known by an image of their villain? (Don't answer that, there's probably a lot!)
    - The mechanics. They're simple, and (for the most part) make sense. Building, crafting, and mining are handled in a way that makes even the most laborious of tasks seem interesting. Never before have I kept playing a game after digging into a dark, clammy cave, getting knocked off of a ledge by a green ball of slime, falling into lava, and losing everything in my inventory.
    - The music. C418's small, simple melodies fit perfectly into the world of Minecraft- doing well to characterize the game's attitude with itself and to create dissonance and assonance with in-game events. The melody of a piano can be calming or frightening depending on what you're doing as you listen. Overall, Minecraft is a good fit for me. It's the sort of game I wish was made more often. It isn't harsh or in-your-face, trading the attitudes associated with most video games for those of board games or building blocks. It's a toy, meant to be enjoyed, not mastered. It's the best game I've played in a long while.
  66. Nov 23, 2011
    There is something very, very, special about this game. It's ingenious, and boldly defiant of all modern gaming conventions. It's vague, intimidating, and beautiful. You make your own stories, your own objectives, your own game. The feeling you get from putting a door on your first dirt slab house is immensely satisfying, but that feeling only increases until you reach a point where youThere is something very, very, special about this game. It's ingenious, and boldly defiant of all modern gaming conventions. It's vague, intimidating, and beautiful. You make your own stories, your own objectives, your own game. The feeling you get from putting a door on your first dirt slab house is immensely satisfying, but that feeling only increases until you reach a point where you feel like god standing on your castle with your enchanted diamond sword and network of minecarts and storage of precious materials. I can already predict, that this game will be looked back on as one of the most important games of a generation, as it's randomly generated worlds and subtle complexity will be the future of all games. This is the start of true open world, a true role playing experience. Expand
  67. Apr 20, 2011
    Minecraft is simple as can be yet vast and intricate. Many negative reviews of minecraft say that the problem is 'there is only so much you can do'. But the creation is limited by your imagination, and in my opinion its not fair to say that you're being limited by anything other than your imagination. furthermore, even if you have an incredibly limited imagination, the game has anMinecraft is simple as can be yet vast and intricate. Many negative reviews of minecraft say that the problem is 'there is only so much you can do'. But the creation is limited by your imagination, and in my opinion its not fair to say that you're being limited by anything other than your imagination. furthermore, even if you have an incredibly limited imagination, the game has an infrastructure and basic goals that still allow you to have fun. Expand
  68. Jun 3, 2011
    A brilliant game, whoever complains about graphics is just dumb because Minecraft is about simply about creativity and the ease of building and the feeling of accomplishment whenever you do.
    Minecraft has kept me entertained for 10 months now. 10000% worth it
  69. Mar 27, 2012
    An amazing game that's just .. i don't think that there's a word for it. It is just such a wonderful game. With the addictive content i think that this is a game that just needs to be played, even for once, just for trying. The game is really a first for the indie game collection. Totally different from the other FPS or any other popular mainstream game. I just LOVE it, highly recommended !
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    Simple, addicting and fun, this game is one of the best games that I currently have. The possibilities for creation are endless. The only things I hate about this game are endermen and hunger in survival mode. This is a great game!
  71. Nov 19, 2011
    This game is amazing. Being able to create your own experience and adventures make this games one of a kind. Your whole world is built out of blocks and without any storyline or plot. You have to survive in this harsh world by crafting items and building a home for yourself. I was not disappointed by this and likely neither will you as you can jump right in and do what ever. TheThis game is amazing. Being able to create your own experience and adventures make this games one of a kind. Your whole world is built out of blocks and without any storyline or plot. You have to survive in this harsh world by crafting items and building a home for yourself. I was not disappointed by this and likely neither will you as you can jump right in and do what ever. The multiplayer experience allows you to play online with your friends to go on more adventures in this blocky world, or just to create epic structures. The 3 modes that you can play on are survival, creative (unlimited resources, and items), and hardcore (basically survival, but if you die your world is deleted without any recovery). The amount of mods for this game and neat texture packs will have you scouring the internet for the ones you love, making the game even more personal to you without any extra charge. This is a game that does not disappoint. You won't regret your purchase. Expand
  72. Dec 1, 2011
    Minecraft is one of the most addicting games I have ever played. It is the undisputed least linear game on the market. There is no questlines, story, or anything - you do whatever you want. That is both a good thing and a bad thing. At first it is a bad thing, you'll probably have no idea what you're supposed to do unless someone told you or you watched some LP's on Youtube. But after youMinecraft is one of the most addicting games I have ever played. It is the undisputed least linear game on the market. There is no questlines, story, or anything - you do whatever you want. That is both a good thing and a bad thing. At first it is a bad thing, you'll probably have no idea what you're supposed to do unless someone told you or you watched some LP's on Youtube. But after you get into the swing of things, the game's presentation woes gets entirely forgotten. It then becomes a good thing. I was absolutely obsessed with this game for a couple months.The graphics are outdated, but really memorable like that. After you achieve tons in the game like I did, the non-linearity starts to become a bad thing again. While the game is infinite, there is a point where you feel like "What do I do now?" While you could just build, unless your some type of artist who loves to create things, you won't really feel like you are moving forward in the game. After that, I turned to the multiplayer portion of the game. Setting up servers is really annoying, and you'll likely take a few tries (unless your a computer whiz) to really understand what you're doing. The game is twice as fun playing with friends however - it adds interaction to a once solo and barren experience and it made it feel.. more worthwhile. Eventually that will get old to, though. Summary: Overall this game has creative, super non-linear gameplay, iconic outdated graphics, tons and tons and tons of lasting appeal. Expand
  73. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft is not a game. Minecraft is more of a creativity toy. Of course, with the recent addition of experience points and the hunger meter it's now steering towards the game portion. But still, Minecraft is and (hopefully) will always be about creating rather than surviving. Without a real in-game goal, the player is given free reign to whatever they want to do. They can sculpt a giantMinecraft is not a game. Minecraft is more of a creativity toy. Of course, with the recent addition of experience points and the hunger meter it's now steering towards the game portion. But still, Minecraft is and (hopefully) will always be about creating rather than surviving. Without a real in-game goal, the player is given free reign to whatever they want to do. They can sculpt a giant hand flipping the bird if they really want to, or create a scale model of the Enterprise. Or they can build a castle, a dungeon, a maze... Minecraft lets the player build almost anything they want.

Of course, a game without clear goals will bore some people and turn them off this game. The blocky graphics as well, while ideal (more or less) for a game of this kind, would probably turn some people away, especially with the ongoing "prettier is better" thought process that seems to be spreading in the industry. Minecraft is still fun though, and with some creativity can last you a very long time.
  74. Dec 1, 2011
    I love this game, on its own its not a 10/10 but when you add in the great community and user made content this is about the best game you can get for 30 bucks. My advice, buy it, unless your like 10 yearrs old 30 bucks wont be a huge dent in your wallet and you most likely won't regret it unless your creativity is a bit lacking.
  75. Dec 5, 2011
    Shut up about the grapics. this game is so good that it completely doesnt matter. its that fun. addicting, charming, exciting, AMAZING modders and so many add ons made by fans that there is are uncountable ways to play it. whether it be custom maps, adding new goals to the game, mods, adding awesome possibilities and heights to the fun, servers where you can survive with friends or live inShut up about the grapics. this game is so good that it completely doesnt matter. its that fun. addicting, charming, exciting, AMAZING modders and so many add ons made by fans that there is are uncountable ways to play it. whether it be custom maps, adding new goals to the game, mods, adding awesome possibilities and heights to the fun, servers where you can survive with friends or live in a minecraft multiplayer universe, or even texture packs changing the atmosphere of the game in a way you wouldnt expect. without the pixal like graphics, almost none of this could be seriously done. take skyrim mods for example. skyrim is awesome but mod for that compared to minecraft are very far behind. why? graphics and difficuly modability. and mojang has been working day and night to get you all the new updates for Gods sake. LOOK AT THE ENDER DRAGON! it looks awesome. the game is addicting and an awesome game, especially for an indie game. Expand
  76. Dec 16, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games made in the history of mankind. You wont see a game with this feeling in atleast ten years. The ability of being able to rule your own way of doing things is magical. Sure the latest updates are pretty bad, but the game for itself is amazing. He did a great job with the game. For a one-man project its really something. The new Mojang team have been helpingThis is one of the greatest games made in the history of mankind. You wont see a game with this feeling in atleast ten years. The ability of being able to rule your own way of doing things is magical. Sure the latest updates are pretty bad, but the game for itself is amazing. He did a great job with the game. For a one-man project its really something. The new Mojang team have been helping Notch with the game yes, but Notch managed the game all for himself for a whole year. I give this game a 10/10. Expand
  77. Dec 27, 2011
    I bought the game a few months back and really got into it. I was playing single player and the wide range of things you can do in the game is only limited to your imagination. Granted, the graphics are not that good, but with MODS, you can really visually play the game the way you like. After days of playing, I started to get bored, maybe that's just me. I tried a server, which you canI bought the game a few months back and really got into it. I was playing single player and the wide range of things you can do in the game is only limited to your imagination. Granted, the graphics are not that good, but with MODS, you can really visually play the game the way you like. After days of playing, I started to get bored, maybe that's just me. I tried a server, which you can play with other people, but it still was pretty much void of players. I think if you had a friend to play with, the game would be more interesting.

It is a great game for the creative mind type people, but lacks the social aspect of some other games out there.
    Overall, I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes to create and has an artistic mind. It is allot of fun and should be a game to have in your library.
  78. Dec 27, 2011
    This game is for those that enjoy creating. If you do not like creating, you will instantly be turned away. Now, this game, as many have already pointed out, the graphics are not that great, but what you must understand is that the game was not built to host amazing graphics, and that it is an indie game. The game isn't an AAA game, and if you can't rap your head around the fact it doesn'tThis game is for those that enjoy creating. If you do not like creating, you will instantly be turned away. Now, this game, as many have already pointed out, the graphics are not that great, but what you must understand is that the game was not built to host amazing graphics, and that it is an indie game. The game isn't an AAA game, and if you can't rap your head around the fact it doesn't have good graphics, and you can't play it because of that, then so be it. You get used to the games graphics, and then eventually love it, and its uniqueness. This game is hands-down amazing. I started playing when it was Alpha, and it didn't even have multiplayer at the time. Back then, it was so much fun to play Single Player, because you had an entire world to explore and make a house impervious to enemies, find out all the tricks to the game and the like. I have played many games, and I must say, this game compels you strongly to build bigger houses, get better gear, find better ways of producing your resources, and the like. Then Multiplayer came out-- the game became wonderful! Sure, it had a few kinks here and there, but having friends to explore that world with, makes you feel like you were a little kid again exploring the world as a free soul trying to find cool things to do. The only problem was, after Multiplayer came out, Single Player was not worth playing to me anymore, because my friends couldn't use the things I made, therefore Single Player felt worthless.But, the game is wonderful: music that fits the atmosphere, gripping gameplay that makes you thirst for more, and graphics that gives it, its own style and spot inside your heart. As a side note, forget all those people that keep complaining about Notch and his choices; everyone makes mistakes and he has made a few, but he has still tried to make the game great, even more so great than it already is. Expand
  79. Dec 28, 2011
    Minecraft proved to be the great game independent of year 2011, Minecraft is a game that explores the infinite creativity and puts the games back at the top of survival.
  80. Jan 2, 2012
    Although the others are right, as Notch has indeed become lazy and detached from the project, MineCraft is still a great game which can provide hours of fun. Although singleplayer loses its appeal after a while, multiplayer with friends is great and leads to a different experience every time you play. The random map generating system ensures you'll never play the same world twice. TheAlthough the others are right, as Notch has indeed become lazy and detached from the project, MineCraft is still a great game which can provide hours of fun. Although singleplayer loses its appeal after a while, multiplayer with friends is great and leads to a different experience every time you play. The random map generating system ensures you'll never play the same world twice. The graphical style looks old and quite ugly, but this can be overcome with the right texture packs. The 1x1x1 block system allows easy building. It's a great deal if you picked it up when it was in alpha. I'm not sure the current price tag is justified for a game that is not updated often anymore, though. Expand
  81. Jan 13, 2012
    why the hell is everyone complaining?whoever paid for it is still receiving updates all the time,i love the game,and everytime an update comes out i go try it,to me?a solid 10,an excellent idea growing each day more and more,wait for the final version,most games you buy,you end them in 8 hours and they fall into oblivion because there is no new content on them and the ones which have newwhy the hell is everyone complaining?whoever paid for it is still receiving updates all the time,i love the game,and everytime an update comes out i go try it,to me?a solid 10,an excellent idea growing each day more and more,wait for the final version,most games you buy,you end them in 8 hours and they fall into oblivion because there is no new content on them and the ones which have new content are PAYED after you already BOUGHT the freakin game. this one?payed for it and still looks like a new one Expand
  82. Apr 23, 2012
    If you have anything bad to say about this game you are stupid. This game is fun because f the building and digging and playing with your friends. Some of these reviews are complaining about money shut up about money why did u buy the game then. If you like creating things and enjoy games that you can play with friends this game is for you.
  83. Feb 6, 2012
    I've been playing this a long time (over a year) through the beta and by the time it was finally released I think I ran out of interest. There is a lot you can do, but the Multiplayer server tools need a LOT of work. Lots of mods and things can be added, but there are no official tools for any of this so it's pretty difficult to get things done right.

It's a fantastic game and there's

It's a fantastic game and there's tons to do, but be careful not to get bored.
  84. Mar 7, 2012
    Excellent game that can be played in a variety of ways. While I find the survival aspects wear themselves out fairly quickly, the building aspect of the game is extremely fun, and is literally limited only by your own creativity and patience. The game is literally what you make of it.
  85. May 18, 2012
    Epic. Best game ever so far. Beautiful graphics, terrain. And "turing complete" redstone logic. Yeah, the game isnt really finished yet, but it's nearly open source (thanks java) so everybody can extend and modify what he wants. I bought it for 10â
  86. Apr 3, 2012
    This is a must-have game in my opinion because its a nice wind-down with peaceful music after playing a bit of battlefield 3. the multiplayer is so much fun with friends and the overall look and peaceful feel of the game is wonderful. who needs graphics?
  87. Apr 29, 2012
    I can get totally addicted to this game. The price for premium is too high, in my opinion. It really isn't worth $26... I should have stayed at $10. Anyway, I still love this game because I enjoy building things out of my imagination and role playing on certain servers with random miners and my friends. The battle system is kind of sad. Overall, I give this a 10 because I enjoy it all theI can get totally addicted to this game. The price for premium is too high, in my opinion. It really isn't worth $26... I should have stayed at $10. Anyway, I still love this game because I enjoy building things out of my imagination and role playing on certain servers with random miners and my friends. The battle system is kind of sad. Overall, I give this a 10 because I enjoy it all the way. It has bugs and questionable features, but It's still really really fun. Expand
  88. May 18, 2012
    Great game. Now it needs some more cool things to do... Maybe new materials or objectives. You also need to play this with you friends. If you don't you get bored within a few hours.
  89. Aug 9, 2012
    If you like creative gaming then you will love this game. Even if you don't there are still plenty of mods to play around with and things like hunger games servers if you don't want to build. This games is half the cost of a normal full retail game and it will last you forever, since its getting updates and an endless stream of mods, custom map, and texture packs. I've had it for 1.5If you like creative gaming then you will love this game. Even if you don't there are still plenty of mods to play around with and things like hunger games servers if you don't want to build. This games is half the cost of a normal full retail game and it will last you forever, since its getting updates and an endless stream of mods, custom map, and texture packs. I've had it for 1.5 years and still play it a lot and it hasn't gotten tiring yet, simply because the is litterally infinite possiblities for mods and over a trillion different worlds that you can spawn in. You can't go wrong with this game. The only bad thing is that it is buggy but these will be fixed. Another good thing is that almost any computer can run it. And if your computer runs it slowly then the optifine mod can make it run faster. This is a game that everyone should have. Expand
  90. Dec 31, 2012
    This game is truly a wonder of 8-bit gaming, I mean who doesn't like donkey kong or super mario bros? If you want an older 8-bit feel with a touch of 3D than this is the game for you, easy to learn and the mobs are easy to fight, plenty of mods to make the game better. The only problem ive had with it is it gets boring after awhile, but all games do.
  91. Jan 10, 2013
    Minecraft is everything but vanilla. It's simple and it's a brilliant idea with brilliant gameplay. But vanilla Minecraft only gets boring fast and after you've lost your steam to play this game it's not coming back because it hasn't got anything more to offer. This is where the community comes in and honestly, the community made the game into what it is today. Suddenly it goes beyondMinecraft is everything but vanilla. It's simple and it's a brilliant idea with brilliant gameplay. But vanilla Minecraft only gets boring fast and after you've lost your steam to play this game it's not coming back because it hasn't got anything more to offer. This is where the community comes in and honestly, the community made the game into what it is today. Suddenly it goes beyond brilliant; it's endless now. The texture packs, mods and custom maps spice up the game so much. All those things saved the game for me. This new Minecraft by the community is addictive and the end is still far, far away. The developers of the game deserve respect but they also need to bow down to the people who turned their game into something so incredibly infinite and awesome while giving it the popularity it has today. Expand
  92. Feb 14, 2013
    best game ever.It was able to become my favorite game and ive never even actually played it that makes that kind of feat impressive its not only fun to play but also to watch
  93. Feb 16, 2013
    This game has made one of the biggest impacts on the gaming world as we know it. its a simple game full of family fun and boxes it doesn't really have much of a story line but i haven't herd any complaints about that. This game is truly consuming... just one more block just one more block!
  94. Mar 11, 2013
    Minecraft Is the best game ever. In all seriousness it is addictive and i have been playing it for 4 years now, you can never run out of things to create and one of my best memories in gaming is the first time i ever played it you have no idea what anything does and the first night is terrifying. Pitch black with odd noises. Also it is a huge part of the gaming community, Without MinecraftMinecraft Is the best game ever. In all seriousness it is addictive and i have been playing it for 4 years now, you can never run out of things to create and one of my best memories in gaming is the first time i ever played it you have no idea what anything does and the first night is terrifying. Pitch black with odd noises. Also it is a huge part of the gaming community, Without Minecraft there would be no Yogscast, no Sips and Sjin no Nerdcubed no totalbiscuit, pretty much all gaming channels started big by playing Minecraft!!!!! Expand
  95. Apr 3, 2013
    All in all, a pretty awesome game! Minecraft lets your creative side take over, and I love that! The only thing I don't like about it is all the confusing recent addition, which make the game a whole lot more confusing than it should be.
  96. May 24, 2013
    Quackit MineCraft Review 5-25-2013

Introduction: This is my very first structured review where my review will not be in paragraph form, so this may be slightly lacking in quality of writing, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this review. Gameplay: Gameplay is the essence of MineCraft, without MineCraft’s signature gameplay, it would be
    Quackit MineCraft Review 5-25-2013

Introduction:

Gameplay:
    Gameplay is the essence of MineCraft, without MineCraft’s signature gameplay, it would be nothing. MineCraft’s gameplay is original and interesting in almost every way. The point of MineCraft is to survive in an infinite world that is peaceful and serene by day, and hostile and evil by night. A player starts by beating down trees with their bare hands in order to start their way towards building their first shelter to survive their first Zombie, Skeleton, and Creeper filled night. From this point on there is almost no structure to MineCraft, you can do what YOU want, set YOUR own goals, do you want to upgrade your tools to the next tier, add that nice new expansion to your house that you wanted, or start brewing potions to take on one of the game’s two bosses. But once you have built the ultimate house, filled your inventory with diamond tools and armor, defeated every boss and pillaged every dungeon, the game is not over. Once you feel as though the standard MineCraft formula is getting a little slow, you can go online to get mods that continue to change and revolutionize the game. From simple additions that add more enemies to the game, or a mod that changes the game almost completely. MineCraft’s gameplay is truly never ending so long as it’s community continues to support it.

Music/Sounds:
    MineCraft’s music and sound are so in line, so perfectly fitting to the situation that they appear in, C418 has set the mood to MineCraft perfectly. With Subwoofer Lullaby playing in the background as you peruse the landscapes, or hearing Dry Hands as you carefully lurk throughout a cave, the song capitalizing on your fear that something might be following you. The soundtrack truly makes itself at home in this game, and I couldn’t imagine any music fitting better.

Graphics:
    These don’t really matter, but they are something to talk about. The graphics in this game are not meant to look modern or beautiful. Whether it was for style or for the ease of making a building system, the fact that everything is made of cubes or rectangular prisms really gives the game feeling. You wouldn’t think so, but sometimes you can see some pretty beautiful vistas as you explore throughout this game. The retro feeling low resolution textures really give the game a retro type feeling, while the game still uses modern day gaming conventions.

Technological:
    Technologically, MineCraft is not too advanced, but it is nothing to be trifled. MineCraft is well optimized so it can be run on non high-end computers to keep the audience wider. Although MineCraft is nothing special from a technological standpoint, it still makes up for this in the same way retro games did, by having great music and gameplay.

Verdict:

MineCraft is a very good game, placing as the sixth most sold PC game of all time, with good reason. The way it has the retro feeling graphics, the modern day gaming conventions, the pure creativity that allows for seemingly anything to be created, the modern soundtrack that fits in with the game like two parts of a jigsaw puzzle, and the fact that the game’s fanbase has been able to watch the game blossom and grow since the alpha. MineCraft truly is a one of a kind game, except for the 4 or 6 games that seem all too inspired by it.

Overall, 9/10
  97. Jun 10, 2013
    An amazing game, but multiplayer sometimes fails. I've been trying to play multiplayer with my friend and its keeps shutting down when we attempt. I started to play back in Beta and have been havin fun collecting diamonds and killing squids and sheep n' stuff. This game is great way to express imagination through building.
  98. Aug 31, 2013
    Honestly this is the game I've played and enjoyed more.
    It has a myriad of game options, not only to build, is to survive, have fun with friends, play the Hunger Games, counter strike, play adventure maps (my favorite part), in order to shorten it's great.
    Honestly this is the game I've played and enjoyed more.
    The most people think they have bad graphics but is that the secret of this game, blocks make it unique and the first in a series of prints like minecraft cheap because no are two. Perfect.
  99. Jul 27, 2013
    When I first time saw game called Minecraft, I didn´t like it, NO, I hated it Blocks WTF But in 2012 I downloaded it, because my friends did not wanted to stfu about it. And it was amazing. It´s super fun, building anything you want, creative is super fun, same as survial mode.
    Only negative HUGE negative is price, 2011 game for 20 euro NO! 10-15 eur OK Not !
    Minecraft alone 7/10
    Minecraft alone 7/10

Good game ,but there is TEKKIT, best mode in history, adding more and more sh*t into the game, For this I woould pay 20 euro !!
    Minecraft Tekkit 10/10

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]