7.5

1. Dec 6, 2011
    A game for people that have given up on life. There's no other way to say it but if you like this game, you can't possibly be a true gamer, or you must be bored out of your mind beyond the point of redemption. Just like Runescape really. No skill, no challenge. Just repetitive grinding. Only those who have achieved nothing can like this. If you get addicted it's understandable- it's anA game for people that have given up on life. There's no other way to say it but if you like this game, you can't possibly be a true gamer, or you must be bored out of your mind beyond the point of redemption. Just like Runescape really. No skill, no challenge. Just repetitive grinding. Only those who have achieved nothing can like this. If you get addicted it's understandable- it's an MMORPG after all. But that doesn't make it good. My problem isn't graphics- they're fine and the game works better this way. And sure, it's different from MMORPGs in that you BUILD the world rather than navigate through it. But this game has way too many fanboys who are going to say this review is unhelpful because I gave it a zero. Big deal. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. The point is that we're approaching 2012 and still people are satisfied from such a primitive, repetitive and frankly un-original concept? I just don't see why you'd want to play this when there's so many better games out there which are FREE. You actually have to pay for this rubbish. This game is just Doodle God mixed with Runescape imo. There's no justification of why it's good other than you can place blocks on top of each other. Why not play lego? It's so much better. Expand
  2. Apr 14, 2012
    The brilliantly simplistic and fun idea that powered Minecraft at the beginning of its creation is overshadowed by many, many flaws. The graphics are disgusting. Supposedly they are suppose to look "retro"; no retro game has ever looked this bad. It really hurst your eyes to look at it. The combat is very basic and boring. It basically comes down to who has farmed enough items and hasThe brilliantly simplistic and fun idea that powered Minecraft at the beginning of its creation is overshadowed by many, many flaws. The graphics are disgusting. Supposedly they are suppose to look "retro"; no retro game has ever looked this bad. It really hurst your eyes to look at it. The combat is very basic and boring. It basically comes down to who has farmed enough items and has spent enough hours playing the game to get the better loot. Multiplayer (without a whitelist) is absolute mayhem. Most of the server "owners" are 15 years old or a furry. (Usually both) This leads to you getting banned from servers because the owner was mad because he was picked on in school that day, you have a skin they don't like, or you killed an animal (and furries evidentally hate that). In conclusion, the game gets boring very quickly and a community that is full of furries, children and homosexuals makes it even worse. So, unless you are one of the above mentioned, you will want to steer far clear from this game as it will dillude your mind and pull you into those digusting and appalling fandoms. If you are one of the above mentioned, then by all means play the game and discuss your pathetic, freakish, loner lives together away from all the normal people of the world. Expand
  3. Feb 16, 2014
    A once fantastic game, Minecraft over the time has hit a sudden decline every since certain things were added, removed, and changed. Some for the better, and for the worst. Some like it, others do not but I'm in the middle, a decline from when I first played it---which was a 9.
  4. Apr 24, 2012
    Minecraft should be for free if you ask me. There was a website called minecraft for free whith you could play minecraft for free but however Notch ha to shut it down. God Notch now i'm glad I never ever buy minecraft. Minecraft is no fun and is so boring. Minecraft 4.2/10
  5. Sep 4, 2016
    Sorry this game sucks it's like Lego in a video game that sound great but when you play the game you get bored. If you like it that's fine but I thought it was boring as hell.
  6. Oct 19, 2014
    Si su estética y su desarrollo fuera dirigido hacia un público mas adulto sería de agradecer. Con una cierta edad, a uno le da vergüenza jugar a esto. Los objetivos son repetitivos y aburridos, para crear algo decente hay que dedicarle demasiado tiempo.
    ¿Muchas posibilidades? Puede ser. Pero si el juego se hace aburrido pronto de que sirve.
    Un juego así pero con un enfoque adulto y real
    Un juego así pero con un enfoque adulto y real podría estar bien, pero no, Minecraft es un mundo de cubos aburrido e infantil. Una pérdida de tiempo, algo así como LBP pero peor.
  7. Apr 9, 2015
    minecraft is the most overrated thing ever. the game is so boring I fell asleep went I played it it's that boring I know a lot of people like this game but I fought it was boring.
  8. Dec 30, 2011
    The critic ratings are too overrated despite the usage of decent graphics using javascript. This is a game I would afford to play in 2000 as a free indie game with unlimited possibilities of creating all kinds of stuff, but just not in this time when all Internet games use updated graphics with flash and java combined and they wind up better looking. Overall this game looks more like a DOSThe critic ratings are too overrated despite the usage of decent graphics using javascript. This is a game I would afford to play in 2000 as a free indie game with unlimited possibilities of creating all kinds of stuff, but just not in this time when all Internet games use updated graphics with flash and java combined and they wind up better looking. Overall this game looks more like a DOS game back in the old PC days. Expand
  9. Dec 15, 2011
    Lets see. This game ripoffs Infiniminer. The devs are obviously lazy and greedy. Not only it looks like **** but it also runs so, i get more FPS in Skyrim than here. Its also overhyped, overrated and overpriced. Hardly worth even a neutral rating.
  10. Aug 14, 2012
    this game is near the top of my most hated games uv all time! its so stupid and its graphics suck so bad that my eyes threw up. its horrendous and it has terrible gameplay, and its stealing my favorite PC game's thunder, Spore! Spore FTW
  11. Mar 25, 2015
    the game keeps getting worse and worse they are trying to make it a rpg simlator witch i dont like and the controls feel like a bad inde game the game used to at least functional without mods
  12. Nov 20, 2015
    this game is bringing the gaming experience back to 1970 . dont even try to play beacouse then you will feel mad for wasting 10mb from your pcs harddrive
  13. Jul 31, 2013
    When I first started playing Minecraft back in the Beta, I didn't like it. I didn't understand what you had to do first, and I wasn't impressed at all by the gameplay. After a while, when I learned the game, I started to like it more. I knew how to survive the first night, and how to craft things. I really got into the game and I was addicted to it. But after some years I got bored by it.When I first started playing Minecraft back in the Beta, I didn't like it. I didn't understand what you had to do first, and I wasn't impressed at all by the gameplay. After a while, when I learned the game, I started to like it more. I knew how to survive the first night, and how to craft things. I really got into the game and I was addicted to it. But after some years I got bored by it. I installed many mods because the alpha was just too boring with lack of content. Because of all the updates Minecraft got, I just didn't saw much improvement and most of the popular mods didn't got updated anymore. Also installing them became harder. I gave up on Minecraft, just because it's lack of weapons and armor, unoriginal enemys besides the creeper... It's boring. If Mojang just could add many things from the popular mods, it would be so much better. Expand
  14. Mar 28, 2012
    This game is hugely overrated, grows boring after a quick play, and I know the graphics are intended to look bad, but its just ugly to play. The mechanics are boring and overly repetitive, and is not worth the 20 dollars it costs. Do not buy this game, go with Terraria or Garry's Mod, which are both excellent sandbox games. Minecraft however, isn't, so don't buy it!
  15. Jun 27, 2013
    Minecraft has inspired many good even great games from the indie community, certainly including Terraria (which was actually a game). However, if we're going to judge this as a creative toy rather than a game, well there are many far-superior games which come with extremely powerful world-editors, unit-editors, etc. So why are you guys building a replica of the Enterprise instead of aMinecraft has inspired many good even great games from the indie community, certainly including Terraria (which was actually a game). However, if we're going to judge this as a creative toy rather than a game, well there are many far-superior games which come with extremely powerful world-editors, unit-editors, etc. So why are you guys building a replica of the Enterprise instead of a great new WC3 or SC2 custom map, or new animations, characters, or UIs? Maybe you want to create flying dragons for Skyrim, or just new music? There're a ton of moddable games out there people want to play in, but not necessarily create for, and it's generally pretty simple to mod games, even when script editors are involved. Particularly for Blizz games (and I haven't touched SC2 modding due to Activision/Blizz rules, on top of their DRM), the modding tools are powerful enough to allow you to create whatever kind of game you want, faster, simpler, prettier, and just more fun than possible to do in modding MC. For music, use something like Fruitloops why limit yourself to the extremely simple, and unwieldy tools in Minecraft? To that extent, I just don't get it and as a game alone, Minecraft just doesn't have much content. If I thought there were going to be massive monthly updates like we see in games like Don't Starve, I'd stick around but Minecraft's just too barren this late in. It was all hype, and it showed a ton of promise (mostly because it was actually being developed), and then.... it pretty much stayed the same.

It's difficult to really score this, though. Objectively, especially. I mean even though the base game is more-or-less unsupported at this point, the modders are still going full-steam and dramatically increasing the usability, flexibility, and enjoy-ability of the game. It's just a bad game (which was very promising) without good tools to help the modders out. So... I give the base-game alone 2/10, but 4/10 considering the current mods.
  16. Mar 11, 2016
    This game is so poorly made, and somehow addicting at the same time, its had an actual negative impact on my life. Seriously. Minecraft is the only game that has made me legitimately angry with how bad it is. It has so much potential, but the developers have zero idea what to do with it.
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    This is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead beThis is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead be talking about how horrible it is. Too bad this era's of gamers are more interested in gaming politics than they are in actual games.

And queue the flood of terrible but cheap or free indie games.
  18. May 29, 2011
    Minecraft is just a little novelty game, if you can get past the sickeningly horrid graphics, which I couldn't. I have NEVER hated a game for it's graphics before, but this... this is just wrong. I mean for starters you can't give this game a perfect score when it has 70's graphics yet it came out last year.
  19. Nov 28, 2011
    Honestly, i have only one quite small question. Where is the magic in it ? Because i don't see any reason to waste my money and pay for Tetris-like looking game...
  20. Nov 24, 2011
    Virtual Lego's with bad graphics. That's all it is and it sells for over $25. It does nothing new, creative or original. I don't understand fads, never have and probably never will. What I do understand is people waste millions on them and later wonder what they were thinking. This is Minecraft.
  21. Nov 22, 2014
    If you happen to have a time machine handy, go back to 2010. Minecraft was at its best then. Now, in 2014, the game is flooded with content. So much so, that it's as thinly spread out as a jar of peanut butter over the Atlantic Ocean. It has too much going for it, which kills the game as a whole. It only stands up for the complete stupidity of the "vanilla" or original mode with itsIf you happen to have a time machine handy, go back to 2010. Minecraft was at its best then. Now, in 2014, the game is flooded with content. So much so, that it's as thinly spread out as a jar of peanut butter over the Atlantic Ocean. It has too much going for it, which kills the game as a whole. It only stands up for the complete stupidity of the "vanilla" or original mode with its absolutely MASSIVE modding community. But, if your game relies on mods to attract a crowd, you might as well head on over and sign up for Roblox, you illiterate ****
    TL;DR: A depressingly **** game that killed itself over time by saturating its content to the point of complete boredom. I can't go longer than 10 minutes playing this before I realize just how interesting my ceiling looks, a sign of true boredom. Consider this a platform to hold up mods, rather than a game and you can give it a solid 6/10. But, since this is a game, 2/10, you **** RIP Minecraft, an excellent game killed by oversaturation of content and a community that somehow beats out Call of Duty in the category of ****ty **** for ****s.
    Good if you need your spoiled ****face 10 year olds to shut up, otherwise, don't recommend. Want a real sandbox? Go play DayZ or something.
  22. Mar 29, 2017
    Despite what people say, don't get this game. It's fun for about an hour or two than you wonder: "Why did I buy this game?" And if you don't believe me, try it WITHOUT mods. It's so boring.
  23. Jan 26, 2014
    The game started out fine, don't get me wrong. But as it updated more and more and more, it became clear that this game is just a cash cow. There is nearly no actual new content in these updates and it's pretty horrible, really. The only good thing about this game is the building aspect. To say that Terraria is a shameless Minecraft ripoff is an insult to humanity.

This is without a

This is without a doubt the most overrated game of all time and if you want an actually, you know, FUN game, check out Terraria. It's cheaper and still better in pretty much every aspect, except that it's 2D except of 3D but that isn't necessarily bad.
  24. Aug 29, 2012
    I honestly think this game is grossly overrated. It's just an aimless Sandbox, and unless you look up a guide or have friends helping you, you've got no way of knowing what to do. And it's pretty costly, at around $30, you can get Terraria, basically a 2D version of this game on Steam for about 10 dollars.
  25. May 27, 2014
    Possibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think thisPossibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think this has lots to do, it hasn't compared to GMod (Garry's Mod) Expand
  26. Oct 8, 2014
    Not worth the purchase at all! The game is full of bugs and glitches! It wouldn't download on my PC either. The controls were easy. I don't recommend Minecraft to anybody!
  27. Nov 24, 2011
    nothing to see here just an over-rated game; it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype; definitely not worth the asking price. the game does run properly, but its all programmed in java, which sucks. its far from a masterpiece; its at best a temporary distraction; or a game to play if you have a computer from the stone age.
  28. Aug 17, 2013
    Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it.Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it. Than we have the new owner of Minecraft Jeb. Jeb completely ruined the game by adding all this new stuff that made the game look and feel worse. Everything went downhill from 1.8 and Jeb has only made it fall at a rapid rate. The game was not complete when released. It had little content and looked horrid compared to what it use to look like. Now we get rare updates that add more adventure qualities to a CREATIVE game! Look at the new update for example it added horses and that's about it and how long did it take them like an entire 2 months. This game is a sorry excuse for a game and I wish to see it burn! Minecraft is now a PvP game with terrible combat! 0/10 Expand
  29. Sep 19, 2011
    This game use to be fun, but its way too repetitive and boring
  30. Mar 29, 2013
    i have played the game, OH YEA i have played this game. it was fun. FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES. i liked modding and the game overall was pretty decent. till now. almost nothing useful has been added, only some serious useless no body's interested of. and this is an overrated piece of garbage anyway, so i say you mojang and your STUPID, OVER RATED trash. period!

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]