7.5

1. Dec 6, 2011
    First I'd like to respond to people claiming I haven't played the game. I have (and continue) to spend 4+ hours a day in this game, and I've hosted a semi-popular for nearly 8 months now.

Now, minecraft is a revolutionary and fun game, and you will be amazed at how long you can keep on playing something as simple as this. If you get bored, you find a server with a different set of rules and plugins, and you get a completely new game in doing so. Minecraft has such great potential in so many ways, it's possible to make MMORPG-like servers, competetitive pvp servers, and everything in between.

The problem is, that mojang has decided to spend most of their time on other projects, and adding new features to minecraft. Why is this bad? Because they've released a non-working incredibly glitchy game, and yet they've decided to spend time on either making completely unrelated games, or making it more glitchy by adding more features.

Anybody who wants mojang to add more features is downright stupid, mojang will never be able to satisfy every persons need, it's an impossible task. The fact that so many kids want them to take on the task (and more incredibly that they have taken on the task) is just unbelievable considering the owner is supposedly a member of mensa.

Mojang have supplied us with the base, let the modders take over from here. The only feature they need to add now is some sort of clientside mod API, like spoutcraft but without the need for each player to install it. After this, fix bugs, make the game run as smooth as possible, but do not add anymore features.

FIXING BUGS > ADDING USELESS FEATURES
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    Minecraft is actually quite a fun experience for a while, a fairly short while and it is by no means a game. Notch struck it lucky with a great idea and an amazing response from the internet that has catapulted him into the realms of the super rich, I think this was probably the worst thing for minecraft, a good steady income would of resulted in much more work being done on the game overMinecraft is actually quite a fun experience for a while, a fairly short while and it is by no means a game. Notch struck it lucky with a great idea and an amazing response from the internet that has catapulted him into the realms of the super rich, I think this was probably the worst thing for minecraft, a good steady income would of resulted in much more work being done on the game over the last year or so instead it has seen little progress as like anyone would in the same situation Notch has been distracted by his new found wealth.It has been the tireless efforts of unpaid mod makers that have fleshed the game out into a much more enjoyable experience. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2011
    nothing to see here just an over-rated game; it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype; definitely not worth the asking price. the game does run properly, but its all programmed in java, which sucks. its far from a masterpiece; its at best a temporary distraction; or a game to play if you have a computer from the stone age.
  4. Jul 3, 2012
    this game is intriguing but fall flat for several reasons. One of these being the limited customization of your character. Your are limited to 4 armor sets ARE YOU JOKING. and don't give me this bullcrap that they are indie producers if you can't produce DON'T MAKE YOUR GAME! The graphics and music do nothing for me. if I want to play a sandbox survival game I will play TERRARIA a muchthis game is intriguing but fall flat for several reasons. One of these being the limited customization of your character. Your are limited to 4 armor sets ARE YOU JOKING. and don't give me this bullcrap that they are indie producers if you can't produce DON'T MAKE YOUR GAME! The graphics and music do nothing for me. if I want to play a sandbox survival game I will play TERRARIA a much better game. The only thing this game is good at is it's replay ability witch rates very high for me. You will spend thousands of hours messing around with the crafting table and the various items you can create. Graphics: 4
    Sound: 5
    Game mechanics: 6
    Replay ability: 9
    Intelligence: 2 Bugs: 5
  5. Jun 27, 2013
    Minecraft has inspired many good even great games from the indie community, certainly including Terraria (which was actually a game). However, if we're going to judge this as a creative toy rather than a game, well there are many far-superior games which come with extremely powerful world-editors, unit-editors, etc. So why are you guys building a replica of the Enterprise instead of aMinecraft has inspired many good even great games from the indie community, certainly including Terraria (which was actually a game). However, if we're going to judge this as a creative toy rather than a game, well there are many far-superior games which come with extremely powerful world-editors, unit-editors, etc. So why are you guys building a replica of the Enterprise instead of a great new WC3 or SC2 custom map, or new animations, characters, or UIs? Maybe you want to create flying dragons for Skyrim, or just new music? There're a ton of moddable games out there people want to play in, but not necessarily create for, and it's generally pretty simple to mod games, even when script editors are involved. Particularly for Blizz games (and I haven't touched SC2 modding due to Activision/Blizz rules, on top of their DRM), the modding tools are powerful enough to allow you to create whatever kind of game you want, faster, simpler, prettier, and just more fun than possible to do in modding MC. For music, use something like Fruitloops why limit yourself to the extremely simple, and unwieldy tools in Minecraft? To that extent, I just don't get it and as a game alone, Minecraft just doesn't have much content. If I thought there were going to be massive monthly updates like we see in games like Don't Starve, I'd stick around but Minecraft's just too barren this late in. It was all hype, and it showed a ton of promise (mostly because it was actually being developed), and then.... it pretty much stayed the same.

It's difficult to really score this, though. Objectively, especially. I mean even though the base game is more-or-less unsupported at this point, the modders are still going full-steam and dramatically increasing the usability, flexibility, and enjoy-ability of the game. It's just a bad game (which was very promising) without good tools to help the modders out. So... I give the base-game alone 2/10, but 4/10 considering the current mods.
  6. Aug 28, 2011
    Mineboring brings a game with a decent concept, The world where you start seems decent at the first impression, you can walk around an explore the world with your person, make your own house and start collect things to upgrade your tools or to make new structures.
    After you played a while this game gets bored, The game seems uglier then your first impression and there is nothing else to do then the same things that you already did for hours.... so you go play online...

When trying to play online and find a good server this game is lacking, It has no serverlist except on the forums, this is not good since many kids play this game, and want to play it online, it is really hard to find a good server that is working properly.

Overall a decent Game but gets bored after a time, online play is way more fun but hard to find a good server.
  7. Apr 18, 2012
    Was EXTREMELY FUN at first, but the updates are terrible. They said they would make combat better, they didn't. They said they would make it more "adventurous" with an "adventure update", they didn't. What they did was make small village things with these creatures that do nothing, and I mean NOTHING. I wasn't too bugged by this though. The hunger is just an annoyance. Then they addedWas EXTREMELY FUN at first, but the updates are terrible. They said they would make combat better, they didn't. They said they would make it more "adventurous" with an "adventure update", they didn't. What they did was make small village things with these creatures that do nothing, and I mean NOTHING. I wasn't too bugged by this though. The hunger is just an annoyance. Then they added cats, which really pissed me off, not because I was mad about them adding cats, but because instead of fixing many of the GAME BREAKING BUGS (I'm serious, the game lags more than Skyrim) they added CATS. Also the golems, they also do nothing, there aren't any zombie attacks or anything to defend against. The game WAS great, best game I ever played, but that was before the useless updates and laziness of staff.

TL;DR: Was a great game, ruined by pointless updates and game-breaking bugs.
  8. Mar 7, 2012
    Please, if you are writing a review after playing after only one day, please don't. I would give this game a 10/10 after the first day, but after a couple of days you WILL get bored, unless you're autistic. After building a couple of houses, a couple of underwater houses, a few castles, and other complex structures (not the houses, those aren't complex) you run out of things to do. Sure,Please, if you are writing a review after playing after only one day, please don't. I would give this game a 10/10 after the first day, but after a couple of days you WILL get bored, unless you're autistic. After building a couple of houses, a couple of underwater houses, a few castles, and other complex structures (not the houses, those aren't complex) you run out of things to do. Sure, you can go to the end, but the end is actually not everything it was supposed to be. It is a four at best, and I'm being generous. Expand
  9. Nov 25, 2011
    If you like sandbox games with no plot, storyline, or point, you will love Minecraft.

If you want any of the above, skip Minecraft entirely. I played the game every night for a month or two, but eventually realized that I found it utterly pointless. Sure, I could built a giant block castle, but why? Sure, I could stockpile tons of wheat or iron or diamonds, but again, why? Once you've

If you want any of the above, skip Minecraft entirely.

Once you've built a bed and shelter from the monsters at night, nothing you do has any lasting importance or urgency. Sure, you need to farm or hunt for food, but any half-decent farm will develop enough food in a week or so of ingame play to last months. Sure, you can build elaborate traps for the monsters, but there is no need, as all you have to do is sleep and they become irrelevant.

Minecraft is a fancy lego set. If lego turns your crank, have at it. If it doesn't, pass this by.
  10. Nov 27, 2011
    Maybe you're looking for a game and you've heard of minecraft. You might be thinking right now, "oh yeah, I heard it's alot of fun, a 95 on metacritic, AND all my friends have it!" The reality is, it's just not a fun game. I mean, yes, it is fun for the first time where you're wondering around trying to survive on what resources you can get - but after a couple hours you will stop andMaybe you're looking for a game and you've heard of minecraft. You might be thinking right now, "oh yeah, I heard it's alot of fun, a 95 on metacritic, AND all my friends have it!" The reality is, it's just not a fun game. I mean, yes, it is fun for the first time where you're wondering around trying to survive on what resources you can get - but after a couple hours you will stop and thinking to yourself, "WHY am I DOING this?" there is no purpose but to run around and dig all day. watch out, though, for there are npc's that will attack you! No worries though, for the combat is flawed and not fun, and you can easily get away by digging a hole in the ground. There are no tutorials - so you'll be spending your time watching YT videos of how other people do it - which is okay, no big deal, but that will spoil the fun for you and it will ruin the critical moment of the game. "What about the multiplayer? The mods?", you might be saying. While the mods might be fun and add SOME re playability, there isn't much too it, that goes for the multiplayer, also, because really what else could you do with the multiplayer? Oh - that's right, dig & survive. This game is fun for a couple hours but it is not worth $20 - or however much it is worth now. You will be severely disappointed. Expand
  11. Nov 28, 2011
    I had been playing Minecraft since early beta, and upon first playing the game, I thought it was brilliant. The quirky style, the ability to do whatever you wanted, in a random, often beautifully formed world. The mobs were scary and the game was always a laugh with friends, and it was an exclusive thing we shared. However, as of the 1.8 Adventure Update, I've felt the game has beenI had been playing Minecraft since early beta, and upon first playing the game, I thought it was brilliant. The quirky style, the ability to do whatever you wanted, in a random, often beautifully formed world. The mobs were scary and the game was always a laugh with friends, and it was an exclusive thing we shared. However, as of the 1.8 Adventure Update, I've felt the game has been somewhat ruined by the new, rpg style elements they've tried to implement. The Endermen seem forced, and don't seem to click in with the game's atmosphere, or the previous four mobs, at least in my opinion, and the same with the new Silverfish. I thought the hunger bar was clumsy and unnecessary, as is the levelling and enchanting system. For me this has let the game down and left it in a bit of a mess, unsure of what kind of game it wants to be. Also, many people (including myself) have found the novelty to wear off not long after purchase, so be warned, and try and play with friends on a server if you can, and remember what you see is exactly what you get with this game. Expand
  12. Dec 11, 2011
    Minecraft is a nice gimmicky game that will provide you something to do for a few hours. Any more is questionable. The main idea is building anything you want out of the blocks that create the massive random generated world you are on. The biggest flaw of this concept is building anything you want is limited by just how creative you are. A natural artist could spend months buildingMinecraft is a nice gimmicky game that will provide you something to do for a few hours. Any more is questionable. The main idea is building anything you want out of the blocks that create the massive random generated world you are on. The biggest flaw of this concept is building anything you want is limited by just how creative you are. A natural artist could spend months building complicated designs, but for most people, they will only build simple things. The problem is the eventual lack of direction for most people. Survival mode starts the player in the middle of nowhere, having to rush building a shelter for the night before zombies come and eat you. It sound exciting and it is exciting on the first night, but once you figure out how to build a proper shelter, enemies become irrelevant. The player then may decide to dig to as far down as they go, and find the rare diamond. Yet again this is exciting the first time you do it, but becomes completely boring any other time. Exploring also may be fun at first, but becomes pointless shortly after. Currently minecraft is $26.95, which is an absurd price for the game. Most people will struggle to finding things to do after 5 to 10 hours of gameplay. Even if you are the creative type that spends countless hours painting or just building, that hefty of a price tag is not worth it. Unless the game price is lowered or on sale to something more reasonable like $10 would I buy this game. Don't waste your time otherwise. Expand
  13. Dec 21, 2011
    Can the people who JUST bought this game please stop making reviews for it.
    You give it a 10 and in a week or less you're gonna find you'reself playing a better game like starcraft 2 or skyrim. It's not bad, but its not worth paying for at all, you're paying for mods and lego.
    Dwarf fortess.....
  14. Feb 12, 2012
    I have to be honest here. I loved Minecraft. Emphasis on the past tense there. Minecraft has a great concept and all, and I spent hours and hours of my time playing it. But the game just gets so boring after a while... I found myself running out of things to do quickly. Maybe if there was more content in the game, like in Terraria. Now, Terraria is a GREAT game. It may be in 2-D, but itI have to be honest here. I loved Minecraft. Emphasis on the past tense there. Minecraft has a great concept and all, and I spent hours and hours of my time playing it. But the game just gets so boring after a while... I found myself running out of things to do quickly. Maybe if there was more content in the game, like in Terraria. Now, Terraria is a GREAT game. It may be in 2-D, but it doesn't have to be in 3-D to be good like most people think. Terraria is so good because of the limitless amount of content in the game. There are so many things to do I can't even list them all. Countless enemies, so many upgrades to tools and armor, several bosses, everything. If Minecraft were anything like Terraria, the game would be the most sold game in the universe. Expand
  15. Feb 25, 2012
    SHUT UP ABOUT GRAPHICS. the game is supposed to be that way. my problem is that game is great untill u build a house so now what? the game needs objectives, something to do. it was well thought out at first but quickly fell. i find the game fun when you play others and then skype them but thats just me.
  16. Mar 10, 2012
    This game has a good premise and literally nothing else. The game looks ugly (not "retro"), the combat is shallow, most items are either too easily obtained or just plain pointless (for example rare food types do nothing for you that common foods do not) and the randomly generated nature of the game means that while occasionally you'll stumble upon something kind of cool that might takeThis game has a good premise and literally nothing else. The game looks ugly (not "retro"), the combat is shallow, most items are either too easily obtained or just plain pointless (for example rare food types do nothing for you that common foods do not) and the randomly generated nature of the game means that while occasionally you'll stumble upon something kind of cool that might take you a fair while. As far as building stuff goes a lack of intelligent opposition and the general low difficulty level makes it pointless while building for its own sake is boring due to the simple nature of the game's engine.

A novelty that became a short lived cultural phenomenon. Avoid.
  17. Mar 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Minecraft is a game that puzzles me. It is built in java, which fans seem to praise, but in actuality is either very lazy, very stupid, or both. Java is not supposed to operate a game of this magnitude,and the only reason I can see for it is that Notch didn't want to step out of the comfort zone of his high school language of choice. It's the reason the code is so buggy, and the game freezes and lags on the best machines around. But on to the game. I understand the graphics were supposed to be stylistic and retro, and it works to a degree, so I won't complain too much there. It's gameplay that the game lacks. You start with nothing, and have to build a universe, which is cool, except that you have to actually build it. Instead of a shop or something where you bring wood, stone, string, or whatever, your 3x3 grid becomes your personal hell. Arrange the right things with one object a space off, and the crafting doesn't work. sometimes the supplies don't make sense at all, and you end up asking a friend how to make something. The game forces you to use the wiki eventually. It's impossible not to, because of objects being reliant on pinpoint accuracy. Who would guess that a box of stone with the center piece missing is a forge? You better, or the game won't work, because you need a forge to get metals. Good luck without them. Quickly, you stop exploring the world and figuring things out, and begin minimizing the game and checking the wiki every 10 minutes. After that, the game is only fun for a few days. So to recap: Java isn't for games like this, even a $1000 computer still freezes occasionally, and the game requires knowledge that you cannot gain inside the game. Expand
  18. Mar 25, 2012
    This game showed tremendous promise, at least in the early stages. However, I feel as if the developers added unnecessary things and were very slow to fix bugs. The novelties begin to fade, and the game becomes boring. The game is also overpriced for the experience it delivers. If Notch made the game around $10, it would be a better deal. The difference between the full release and theThis game showed tremendous promise, at least in the early stages. However, I feel as if the developers added unnecessary things and were very slow to fix bugs. The novelties begin to fade, and the game becomes boring. The game is also overpriced for the experience it delivers. If Notch made the game around $10, it would be a better deal. The difference between the full release and the Beta is nonexistent. The only real fun you can have is when you create a server to play with friends. But that requires too much work, and the game, at least right now, is NOT worth it. Expand
  19. Apr 24, 2012
    Minecraft should be for free if you ask me. There was a website called minecraft for free whith you could play minecraft for free but however Notch ha to shut it down. God Notch now i'm glad I never ever buy minecraft. Minecraft is no fun and is so boring. Minecraft 4.2/10
  20. May 15, 2012
    A mediocre sandbox game with alot of potential that it never tried to live up to.
    The game lacks content instead giving you a bland sandbox to play in with nothing to do in the long term except play with lego blocks and find diamond.
  21. May 15, 2012
    Minecraft had a lot of potential. I have been checking up with Minecraft since its alpha stages, back when the only player modes were some weird survival and creative, and zombies dropped feathers. People like to root for the underdog, and I understand. So, of course, people root for Notch. But if you separate yourself from the emotions and the novelty, you realize that Minecraft isMinecraft had a lot of potential. I have been checking up with Minecraft since its alpha stages, back when the only player modes were some weird survival and creative, and zombies dropped feathers. People like to root for the underdog, and I understand. So, of course, people root for Notch. But if you separate yourself from the emotions and the novelty, you realize that Minecraft is vastly unfinished upon release. Promises made by Notch, for example, included various game modes like capture the flag, and a fully-functioning NPC village, among others I won't even bother listing. Yes, I play this game. I do like it to some degree, which is why I'm giving it a 4 out of 10. But the reality is that, when you compare it to everything on the market, nay, just compare it to other indie games, and you realize just how hard Notch dropped the ball on this one. The graphics are atrocious, and the term "retro graphics" don't justify it. Chrono Trigger is "retro" and still a beautiful game, so calling something retro to justify it being plain and ugly is awful. The music is serene, but nice. The combat is unvaried and unfortunately dull when it comes to the majority of the game, but the brewing/potion system and enchanting added a little to the game. Shame your only two real weapons are swords and bows.

The strength in Minecraft's programming comes from Jeb and, guess what, people other than Team Mojang. It's the mods and add-ons that aren't from Team Mojang that make this game actually fun and entertaining, and people tend to forget that. If you mod the heck out of it, great, fantastic, good game. But stand-alone it's an incredibly monotonous, uninspired simulator.
  22. Oct 27, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game. I mostly play games single player though, and I feel that the single player experience is Minecraft's biggest weakness. Exploring is fun at first, as is mining minerals and getting better gear, but this quickly becomes repetitive because there is not as much to find. Building grand structures and complex mechanisms (the highlight of the game) is notI really wanted to like this game. I mostly play games single player though, and I feel that the single player experience is Minecraft's biggest weakness. Exploring is fun at first, as is mining minerals and getting better gear, but this quickly becomes repetitive because there is not as much to find. Building grand structures and complex mechanisms (the highlight of the game) is not much fun in a world where you are the only one to appreciate it. Combat is another big weakness. There are essentially only two ways to attack enemies: melee attacks and bows. All weapons in the game have the same "attacks" so combat is the same formula throughout the game, you just don't have many options. This all might have been tolerable if the game had a pleasant atmosphere, but with graphics that I personally don't think look good, and a lack of good music, the game is not fun to spend time in. If it had better physics, more combat options (like magic), and more "progression" the game would be fun for single player, but as it is now it's really just a sandbox building game with some survival, exploration, and combat elements tacked on. Expand
  23. Jan 20, 2013
    Over hyped and designed carelessly, Minecraft may be an icon to the indie gaming industry, but it is not gaming perfection by any means.

Part sandbox game. Part strategy. Part... clicking over and over until your mouse button is worn and your finger hurts. As more Minecraft clones appear, to bank in on the game's success, we see copy-cat developers actually better certain aspects of the game in their own redesigns. Even now, the developers behind Minecraft seem to be blindly throwing in new ideas hoping to improve the game by adding to the pile of so-so concepts.

Minecraft certainly wasn't the first block-building indie game, and still not the best. But its combination of monsters, mining, and crafting seems to have hooked a hit with the gaming crowd, in a burst of luck and overexposure through social media. Minecraft has its moments of fun, but is a complete bore without multiplayer interaction. The construction system is reasonably lack-luster and the mining system very much feels like a mind-rotting chore than a fun gaming experience. The crafting system redeems the game, barely holding game play together.

The visuals, though cute, also feel too basic. Is the pixel style an intentional design, or just a half-baked cover up for cheap 3D graphics?

Its too expensive for what it is, and as a sandbox game is reasonably lackluster. Exploration and crafting seem to be the best aspects of Minecraft. Everything in between is a fragile experience.
  24. Feb 14, 2013
    minecraft is a fun game to dip into a few times but it lacks the depth of other games for example after 30 minutes of exploring you realise that there is not much to it and i guess after that it just becomes boring
  25. Jan 26, 2014
    The game started out fine, don't get me wrong. But as it updated more and more and more, it became clear that this game is just a cash cow. There is nearly no actual new content in these updates and it's pretty horrible, really. The only good thing about this game is the building aspect. To say that Terraria is a shameless Minecraft ripoff is an insult to humanity.

This is without a

This is without a doubt the most overrated game of all time and if you want an actually, you know, FUN game, check out Terraria. It's cheaper and still better in pretty much every aspect, except that it's 2D except of 3D but that isn't necessarily bad.
  26. May 27, 2014
    Possibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think thisPossibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think this has lots to do, it hasn't compared to GMod (Garry's Mod) Expand
  27. Jul 31, 2013
    When I first started playing Minecraft back in the Beta, I didn't like it. I didn't understand what you had to do first, and I wasn't impressed at all by the gameplay. After a while, when I learned the game, I started to like it more. I knew how to survive the first night, and how to craft things. I really got into the game and I was addicted to it. But after some years I got bored by it.When I first started playing Minecraft back in the Beta, I didn't like it. I didn't understand what you had to do first, and I wasn't impressed at all by the gameplay. After a while, when I learned the game, I started to like it more. I knew how to survive the first night, and how to craft things. I really got into the game and I was addicted to it. But after some years I got bored by it. I installed many mods because the alpha was just too boring with lack of content. Because of all the updates Minecraft got, I just didn't saw much improvement and most of the popular mods didn't got updated anymore. Also installing them became harder. I gave up on Minecraft, just because it's lack of weapons and armor, unoriginal enemys besides the creeper... It's boring. If Mojang just could add many things from the popular mods, it would be so much better. Expand
  28. Jul 31, 2013
    I hate how biased critics are now. They give everything a good review. And this is one circumstance where it deserves nothing. This is probably the most overrated game of all time. It's boring and every person who thinks it's good has either no taste or is under the age of 13. I don't care if the graphics are bad, that's a dumb thing to care about in a game, but Minecraft is so boring andI hate how biased critics are now. They give everything a good review. And this is one circumstance where it deserves nothing. This is probably the most overrated game of all time. It's boring and every person who thinks it's good has either no taste or is under the age of 13. I don't care if the graphics are bad, that's a dumb thing to care about in a game, but Minecraft is so boring and repetitive, I can't even play it for more than 10 minutes without being bored. There really is no point to playing the game. It's weird. A game without a purpose for playing. Notch got lucky with this game. If he put it out 10 years ago it would have gone nowhere. It's overrated and not worth anyone's money. Expand
  29. Aug 4, 2015
    マインクラフトは大人気のゲームで、多くのゲーム機に移植されています。そのため、プレーを楽しみにしていました。しかし、結論として、非常につまらないゲームでした。期待が高かっただけに残念です。

このゲームは、[何でもできる] というよりは [何にもできない] といったほうが正しいでしょう。一般的に、ゲームの楽しさといえば以下です。 ・まだ見ぬ世界を旅して、新しい土地、新しい人たちに出会い、新しい敵と戦います。 ・強い敵に何度も倒されながら、プレーヤー自身の操作技術の向上によって敵を倒します。 ・苦労の末に目標を満たし、達成感を獲得します。 しかし、このゲームには、これらの全部がありませんでした。その上、マニュアルもヘルプも何もありません。要するに、このゲームでできることは、[非常に解像度の悪い 10年前のゲームのような画面の中を無意味にうろつくこと]

このゲームは、[何でもできる] というよりは [何にもできない] といったほうが正しいでしょう。一般的に、ゲームの楽しさといえば以下です。
    ・まだ見ぬ世界を旅して、新しい土地、新しい人たちに出会い、新しい敵と戦います。
    ・強い敵に何度も倒されながら、プレーヤー自身の操作技術の向上によって敵を倒します。
    ・苦労の末に目標を満たし、達成感を獲得します。

しかし、このゲームには、これらの全部がありませんでした。その上、マニュアルもヘルプも何もありません。要するに、このゲームでできることは、[非常に解像度の悪い 10年前のゲームのような画面の中を無意味にうろつくこと] だけです。これでは、おもしろいはずがありません。

ほかの欠点として、以下があります。
    ・非常に小さいウィンドウでしか遊べません。ウィンドウを広げたり最大化したりしても、全体が拡大して粗くなるだけです。
    ・このゲームには昼と夜がありますが、夜は暗すぎてよく見えません。
    ・常に マインクラフトのウィンドウがアクティブでなければ、ゲームは一時停止します。一見 親切に見えますが、夜の間は暗くてプレーしづらいため、あさまで ほかのことをして待ちたいのです。しかし、マインクラフトをアクティブにし続けなければいけません。非常に退屈です。

----------------------------------------

Minecraft is very famous game. Therefore, Minecraft is being transplanted to many video games. Therefore, I pleasantly waited for playing Minecraft. However, Minecraft was very dull and foolish game for me. Minecraft disappointed me very much.

Many people say [Minecraft can do everything]. However, actually, Minecraft cannot do anything. Pleasures of video games are below.

- Players can travel uncharted place, and meet many people, and battle strong enemies.
    - Players are defeated many times by evil enemies and mysteries, and difficult traps. Then, players practice many times, and get many information and techniques. Finally, players defeat evil bosses.
    - Finally, players achieve the goal, and can get the feeling of achievement.

However, this game has nothing. Moreover, this game does not have any manuals. This game can do only one thing. It is that [player can wander the world with very bad resolution without any goals, without any adventures]. Therefore, I hate Minecraft.
  30. Aug 27, 2013
    The game is HIGHLY overrated. The gameplay is repetitive and not very exciting. The concept of endless building is great, but you can also have the same amount of fun by playing with Legos. Minecraft is loosing respect fast by older fans, and the developers should do something to win them back.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]