7.5

1. DME
    Jul 23, 2012
    Sandbox-junkies will find a lot to do, but players looking for a game with goals and objectives should steer clear.
  2. Dec 23, 2011
    Scores of 100? Really? ---- I am new to Minecraft and never event gave it a fleeting look before its full release. I picked it up a few days after release just to see what all the fuss was about.................... Well, I appreciate that I have effectively missed the preverbial boat with this game, and there are a lot of people about that have played it do death during it's somewhatScores of 100? Really? ---- I am new to Minecraft and never event gave it a fleeting look before its full release. I picked it up a few days after release just to see what all the fuss was about.................... Well, I appreciate that I have effectively missed the preverbial boat with this game, and there are a lot of people about that have played it do death during it's somewhat lengthy beta cycle to the point that they've given up on the game either before it ended or just as 1.0 came out................. So, what is all the fuss about? Well, it's beyond me. Whilst I have spent quite a few hours in the game, I tend only to bother with it whislt I'm watching football on SkyGO in a window, or now, more recently, whilst i'm sitting in a 40 minute queue waiting to get in to play SWTOR. I have, when I first got it ploughed numerous hours into a world, but I cannot for the life of me find any kind of motivation to keep on playing as I'm almost certain I've seen pretty much everything it has to offer....... I bought a cheap rental server to see if some of my friends wanted to join, but it really isn't holding anyone's interest. Mojang's website have mentioned something about new game modes coming soon, but from what I can read into things, Minecraft, now released is now as good as being declared a finished project for the developer............. A way to pass an hour or two if needed, just like Tetris was in the 90's and the Rubik's Cube was in the 80's. A fad, slightly innivative, but ultimately flawed with no insiprational outlook. 7/10 Expand
  3. Dec 24, 2011
    It's not for everyone.

Let's be honest here: Minecraft is an internet phenomenon and it's something that has gone crazy mainstream, and if you haven't tried it you owe it to yourself to do so. It's pretty impressive that the basics of this game were written by a single person. I have been following Minecraft since mid-2010 and it's the game that I sincerely want to love, but I just....
    It's not for everyone.

I have been following Minecraft since mid-2010 and it's the game that I sincerely want to love, but I just.... can't. It's good, but it's just not for me and whether or not you're going to like a game like this depends solely on how much of a 'builder' you have in you. Some people just have a proclivity for making things, playing with legos, building stuff in a shed, tinkering with their car, etc, and if you're one of those people then this game is like catnip for you. But if you're a person that likes to sample things but not get too involved, or play competitive style games, or be 'the best' at something, then take a pass.

Minecraft is, essentially, a simplified map editor that you get in other games like Starcraft or Civilization. If you played a game like Starcraft or Warcraft and used to pore over the editor making the perfect map, then this game is probably for you, but if you spent all your time online on ladder then it's probably not. It's a good game for what it is, but it's definitely a niche game and not for everybody.
  4. Dec 8, 2011
    Giving this game a 7 is my opinion and a very reasonable one at that. The game itself is endless. It contains massive amounts of building designs and possibilities in the human mind, if not endless. It just so happens to have monsters. It is basic in graphics, but quite complicated in structure. However, it DOES get old after a while of playing on single-player, so you move ontoGiving this game a 7 is my opinion and a very reasonable one at that. The game itself is endless. It contains massive amounts of building designs and possibilities in the human mind, if not endless. It just so happens to have monsters. It is basic in graphics, but quite complicated in structure. However, it DOES get old after a while of playing on single-player, so you move onto multiplayer. Great way to play the game. Buggy, but fun. I would recommend this to anybody will to take large amounts of patience to build the White House or Starship Enterprise in Minecraft. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2011
    The game itself is good, but the game developer is definitely not.

Notch definitely don't deserved to have that much money for the efforts he gave this game.

Most of the new features are already done by modders, so Notch basically don't have to do anything but copy the mods and put them into the game.

The game could be MUCH better if someone else develops the game.
  6. Nov 29, 2011
    This is a rare game. It expands the entire medium in a way that VERY few games come close to doing. If you want great action, buy Battlefield 7, or Madden 20XX, or go rob a bank. I guess this game is more fun for creative people looking to learn and build. I gave it 7/10 mainly because it feels unfinished. I have a feeling the modding community will grow now that it is 'official'.This is a rare game. It expands the entire medium in a way that VERY few games come close to doing. If you want great action, buy Battlefield 7, or Madden 20XX, or go rob a bank. I guess this game is more fun for creative people looking to learn and build. I gave it 7/10 mainly because it feels unfinished. I have a feeling the modding community will grow now that it is 'official'. Performance, purpose, and polish is what the game lacks, and modders will surely work on that. In the mean time, use the Dokucraft texture pack for a far more pleasant Zelda-like look to the game. Expand
  7. Dec 31, 2011
    Ok believe me in this I have been playing this game since ... September of 2010 I LOVED IT so much i still like it a lot BUT after the whole release of it idk I just dont feel the same if I had to vote on this game a year ago it would of been a 9.5 not it is a 7 because I think since notch left as lead just doesn't feel cool to keep up with.
  8. Nov 19, 2011
    Minecraft is a good game. But at the same time it might possibly be one of the most overrated games ever. Minecraft is either a "love or hate" game. For people who like to build and create structures and just be creative minecraft is excellent. For people who expect good gameplay and story telling from a game. Minecraft clearly isn't for us.
  9. Jan 1, 2012
    Minecraft used to be one of the best. I still "like" it, but Minecraft was utterly terrible towards the end of the year. 1.7 was amazing, it was a fun solid, blockarific game. It was quite clever in a matter of elements to the game. 1.8 came out and fried the game whole. It started with hunger, which ruined the normal expirence for me. Creative mode is just bad, it's just like legitimateMinecraft used to be one of the best. I still "like" it, but Minecraft was utterly terrible towards the end of the year. 1.7 was amazing, it was a fun solid, blockarific game. It was quite clever in a matter of elements to the game. 1.8 came out and fried the game whole. It started with hunger, which ruined the normal expirence for me. Creative mode is just bad, it's just like legitimate mods, and how is that fun? Then they added crap to the nether, and etc. Minecraft is just like any other video game now. It's amazing how it turned to one of the year's best into the biggest trainwrecks this year. Is Minecraft still a good game? Yes, yes it is. Do I still play it? If I'm bored, yes. Do I recommend this game? Yes, but 1.8+ ruined some of the best elements of the game. In 1.9, they added Villagers, them alone ruins the clever feeling of YOU being the last person on earth. Which is how I felt before they came out. 1.0.0 had a bug, where servers are down, saying there is an invalid server key. Thirst was "added" but there is no bar, it just helps prevent your hunger from going down. I forgot to mention expirence, which makes this sandbox game into a RPG. These updated also, take the fun out of Mineraft, they are taking a blocky "creep controled" land, too seriously. However, what was Minecraft is still there, and you will still enjoy this game and probably always will. Minecraft will always be itself in a unique way, and it is worth the cheap 20 dollar price tag. Mojang and Markus Persson have overall, done proud with Minecraft and they still continue to update it. However, I still look forward to see what they have planned for us in the future as they are very intelligent and I'm sure they will release a few witty updates. Although its no longer a sandbox game, Minecraft is still enoyable, and that is what videogames are all about. Expand
  10. Apr 16, 2012
    Minecraft has a unique visual style and gameplay premise - you can do whatever you want to survive and/or create things that emulate your personality. In the core singleplayer mode you are dropped into a randomly generated infinite world. You can be what you want - be it warrior, archer or forager - but the night brings horrors in the form of monsters. This is a great start but it alsoMinecraft has a unique visual style and gameplay premise - you can do whatever you want to survive and/or create things that emulate your personality. In the core singleplayer mode you are dropped into a randomly generated infinite world. You can be what you want - be it warrior, archer or forager - but the night brings horrors in the form of monsters. This is a great start but it also confuses you and there is nothing to tell you what to do.
    Multiplayer is amazing with a group of friends. The creations and ideas that can be produced are all astounding. But, however, the confusion and the fact that there will be nothing to do sometime into your adventure creates negative points that cannot be ignored.
  11. Apr 25, 2012
    I love Minecraft. i love everything about it. Its simply a wonderful idea, well executed, crazy awesome fun time.

unfortunately, its not perfect. the game is still riddled with bugs, and lacking in certain gameplay elements. the combat is still more tedious and pestering instead of challenging and fun. the crafting takes some pretty good memory skills or the wiki. the occasional bug can sometimes screw up your game. but even with this, i still enjoy it plenty. graphics i don't even need to speak of. you may think they are crap, but i cant find any other game were something as simple as a texture on a block can be so iconic. you try putting the texture of the gears of war brick wall on a shirt and tell me who recognizes it. they have an unparalleled amount of charm in them, and i've played cubeivour. the exploration, mining, building and other things other than the combat are an absolute joy. but the most fun i've ever had with it was when i play with friends. no matter what your doing, be it fighting to the death, spelunking together for diamonds, or simply running around in circles (oops sorry, no circles in minecraft) they all are much more fun with your mates doing it with you.

its an experience you wont ever forget. go buy it. its worth every single penny.
  12. Sep 19, 2011
    It's a very good game, though I think the Java will kill it. Since the 1.7 update, most of the users experience "Out of Memory" bug. The game just freezes, and shuts off. Like, every five minutes for some, ten for others.

I really love the game, as I said though, for a bunch of bricks, this requires some serious hardware.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    Minecraft is a lovely original AND INFLUENCED game! Graphics are waste but you will get use to easily. The only problem I found in this is the repetitve way to do things -_-'
    I bought it a year ago, and now I play it once or twice a month... In some words,quite a borring game after a year playing to it.
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    minecraft is any amazing game but it lacks in few areas.
    Graphics: 8 the graphics are more artistic than realistic and it pulls it off great except for some occasional areas,
    Gameplay: 9 the gameplay is near endless with mods and many other options this area does suffer from bad optimazation and bugs. Sound: 7 the music is great for this game but the sound affects due lack alot.
    minecraft is any amazing game but it lacks in few areas.
    Sound: 7 the music is great for this game but the sound affects due lack alot.
    Multiplayer: 8 the multiplayer is just really you with other people building it is fun but noting groundbreaking.

Overall: 8 it is a great game for the creative person but bugs bad optimization and poor sound effects due bring it down. the game is really hard to review for if you are creative you will love it but if you need graphics and intense action then no it;s not so great. this is a indie game and it should be rated as one not a big budget title.
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    Gameplay: 8 - Great. Minecraft. Addictive? Yes. Deep? No. Minecraft's building mechanics are amazing, but the combat is terrible. However, the combat is hardly the focus. Minecraft is about diggyholeing, crafting, and creating. In those areas, Minecraft shines.
    Story: N/A.
    Story: N/A.
    Graphics: 6 - Okay. Minecraft's blocky style is great, and extremely endearing. However, the vanilla textures are so terrible that it is nearly nauseating. Even 16x16 texture packs vastly improve the looks of the game (Recommended: Painterly and Wayukian), and with higher-res packs, the game can look beautiful (Recommended: Dokucraft, LB Photorealism).
    Sound: 7 - Good. Minecraft is a scary game. The sound of a creeper is the most terrifying things on the planet. The music of Minecraft, however, is strange.
    Overall: 7 - Good.
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft has established itself as one of the best games of this gaming generation. Over the last few years it has accumulated a worldwide fanboyish cult following, including millions of gamers. I have played it since the Alpha stage, through the Beta and now I enter the famed 1.0.0. I have built hundreds of castles, explored thousands of dungeons and have had the adventure of a lifetime.Minecraft has established itself as one of the best games of this gaming generation. Over the last few years it has accumulated a worldwide fanboyish cult following, including millions of gamers. I have played it since the Alpha stage, through the Beta and now I enter the famed 1.0.0. I have built hundreds of castles, explored thousands of dungeons and have had the adventure of a lifetime. Nothing can describe the satisfaction of finding diamond, nor the disappointment of rebuilding your house after a creeper attack. But now, I can put the game down and not play it again. For the people experiencing Minecraft for the first time, it will seem like a masterpiece, and in some ways it is. But for every seemingly perfect feature,there is a plethora of annoying glitches to accompany it. This is why I have rated it at 7.

For the people who are prepared to spend hours on this game, building, mining and exploring, I encourage you to buy it. But for those who are expecting to dips their toes in Minecraft and nothing more, don't bother. The be all and end all is: the more you put in, the more you get out.
  17. Dec 1, 2011
    There is no feeling quite like the one you get when u first play minecraft. i stumbled upon the game back when it was in "alpha" by youtube videos and it interested me. I can easily say that this game is awesome, but the repetition slowly killed my interest over the year or so i had it. Don't get me wrong, my main world is massive and playing kept me entertained for hours on end. and eachThere is no feeling quite like the one you get when u first play minecraft. i stumbled upon the game back when it was in "alpha" by youtube videos and it interested me. I can easily say that this game is awesome, but the repetition slowly killed my interest over the year or so i had it. Don't get me wrong, my main world is massive and playing kept me entertained for hours on end. and each update refreshed my interest for a day or so, it would be nice to see updates that bring in a lot more craftable uses for some items that dont seem to do much other than just be there for asthetics. Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is a joke, you can't even finish the game BUT I have a love to this game, you can express your true creativity in this game and see how good you can actually make your own paradise. I do play 1.0.0 on Hardcore mode myself, as a serious gamer I like to make the greatest challenge for myself possible although I do believe that this game isn't really that hard so it doesn't testThis game is a joke, you can't even finish the game BUT I have a love to this game, you can express your true creativity in this game and see how good you can actually make your own paradise. I do play 1.0.0 on Hardcore mode myself, as a serious gamer I like to make the greatest challenge for myself possible although I do believe that this game isn't really that hard so it doesn't test how good of a gamer I am. Beginners and kids choose to play on survival - for the serious gamers - go hardcore. If you can't do hardcore you can't even consider yourself serious because it's too easy. Expand
  19. Nov 25, 2011
    Minecraft is a game which is a little bit like Marmite. You either love it, or you hate it. Unlike Marmite however, it lasts you far longer than just trying it once and then never coming back to it. The basic premise behind Minecraft is that you do whatever you want to do, within the limits of the game, of which there are basically none. This makes it one of the most addicting singleMinecraft is a game which is a little bit like Marmite. You either love it, or you hate it. Unlike Marmite however, it lasts you far longer than just trying it once and then never coming back to it. The basic premise behind Minecraft is that you do whatever you want to do, within the limits of the game, of which there are basically none. This makes it one of the most addicting single player games i have ever played.
    You can attempt to survive in the hostile world, craft all manner of items and even just build a massive pink woolly castle just because you feel like it.
    Minecraft has two modes; Creative and Survival. Creative is the mode where you are given unlimited amounts of every block which you may do with what you please, Survival challenges you to gather the resources yourself in an attempt to survive the monsters that come out at night in the Minecraft world. To survive in this world, you may craft anything from swords to minecarts, jukeboxes to bread and this is where the main issue with Minecraft comes in.
    it is hard to become fully immersed in a game where you have to consistently tab out to check the internet for recipes on crafting, which with no guide available in game, is often. A further issue is with the recent implication of potions and enchantments. These seem very tacky and seem to work inconsistently and are relatively pointless. The way that Minecraft worked until full release was that it would receive regular free updates adding new features, often as suggested by players. I fear that now following the release of the full game, these updates will become "expansion packs" which can only be obtained through payment. Many of these updates in the past have not been worth paying for, and so if this situation develops, it will most likely detract away from the game. A further issue is the ending of the game, which seems very unplanned and the difficulty level of the game sparks highly at this point.
    However, ignoring these factors to the game, there are many good things about this game. One is the style of graphics in the game, which means that most computers will not struggle to apply textures and allows for much customization of the game. This is seen through the huge amount of mods and texture packs that are available for the game. However another issue with this is at there is no in game method of implementing mods, and players must have some technical knowledge to get them to work.
    It must of course be mentioned that there is a multiplayer option to this game through the ability to join friends servers ( a program for which can be downloaded from Minecraft's website) and craft, mine and build with friends. However, the only way to join a server is to directly enter the ip address and even though the game saves that server from thereon, it is still annoying that you cannot see a list of available servers for you to join. Some aspects of the single player game do not work in multiplayer which is extremely annoying for those who want to explore Minecraft's full potential with friends.
    To conclude Minecraft is a great game with quaint graphics and addicting gameplay however the many faults it still has makes me think that is possibly should have remained in beta for a while longer to work out the kinks and adjust some of the features within the game. Taking all my points made into account I award this game 7 out of 10 with hopes that perhaps in a view months this review will no longer be relevant due to updates since.
  20. Nov 25, 2011
    Great indie sandbox environment. By itself, it is not what could call a great game, the fun is there, but limited. Mods and continued work can allow it to continue to grow. I think it may be one of those cult classics that will still have a following many years from now.
  21. Nov 26, 2011
    Good intentions. Lego world, for big guys, but NPC's, doing anything, bugs, and trying to do RPG ... What the? And it's boring when you're having a lot of diamond's, big tower, and what? You must always defend your own from zombies and other sh**...
  22. Nov 27, 2011
    Minecraft is an innovative and fun experience in which you build, survive and mine your way to victory. The 'blocky' graphics are a fun and interesting way of bringing that nostalgic feel back to gaming. Unfortunately, the game is let down by bugs and dead ends, which a full game should not have. The ending feels like it has been rushed, and doesn't really give a feel of accomplishment toMinecraft is an innovative and fun experience in which you build, survive and mine your way to victory. The 'blocky' graphics are a fun and interesting way of bringing that nostalgic feel back to gaming. Unfortunately, the game is let down by bugs and dead ends, which a full game should not have. The ending feels like it has been rushed, and doesn't really give a feel of accomplishment to beating this brilliant game. Minecraft is amazing, but some small things let it down. Expand
  23. Nov 30, 2011
    I like the game, I think its a nice "get away from the others" game, but the ending SUCKS. You can tell, no thought was put into it, it was done in couple days, plus it doesnt go along with the theme of the game since Alpha. If you like a sandbox game of building, exploring, and creating, its great, but if you want a thriller, with puzzles, and adventure, it just doesnt cut it. If theI like the game, I think its a nice "get away from the others" game, but the ending SUCKS. You can tell, no thought was put into it, it was done in couple days, plus it doesnt go along with the theme of the game since Alpha. If you like a sandbox game of building, exploring, and creating, its great, but if you want a thriller, with puzzles, and adventure, it just doesnt cut it. If the game, for some odd reason, goes above $20, DO NOT BUY IT. Expand
  24. Dec 1, 2011
    This game was ruined after 1.7. Notch has started to add things that in my opinion just don't belong in the game. The combat system is uninteresting and boring but that was made up for by the large amount of creative potential the game offers. The only reason it out lives other creativity tools like Gary's Mod is because it makes you work for the resources.
  25. Dec 6, 2011
    While the game is by no means bad, it can just get too boring too quickly. This probably isn't the games fault, but there weren't enough features to make me addicted, which I admittedly once was. One reason is that it's too hard to find enough diamonds to do anything, another reason is that the best things in the game i.e. going to the End and defeating the dragon take too much useless andWhile the game is by no means bad, it can just get too boring too quickly. This probably isn't the games fault, but there weren't enough features to make me addicted, which I admittedly once was. One reason is that it's too hard to find enough diamonds to do anything, another reason is that the best things in the game i.e. going to the End and defeating the dragon take too much useless and fustrating toiling over smelting enchanted rhubarb and whatnot. The rest of the game, however, is very good and worth buying. My biggest complaint, however, is that the servers that don't lag require you to donate, which leaves the rest of us to aimlessly wander around the Spawn building, hoping that someone will start an interesting conversation. You don't even want to go and explore because the world has been devoid of its beauty and turned into a flatland full of eyesores. Your best bet is to play singleplayer (even if it's hard to decide what to build) or local multiplayer with your friends next to you. Expand
  26. Dec 7, 2011
    Did you like to build stuff with lego when you were a child? Do you like games where you can catch an occasional scare? Do you like to explore a sand-box and eventually get lost watching a beautiful sunset? Do you want to do all this with a few selected friends? Minecraft is for you, as long you buy it for 10$ or 15$ you will have made a great buy.
  27. Dec 10, 2011
    Minecraft is definitely a fun Sandbox game, but the current cost of the game is about $10 too high. More so, this game also lacks the serious drive for long term play, since the multiplayer environment either turns into a co-op based adventure with friends or an MMO style grindfest on some of the hardcore Role-Playing servers. This is definitely not a bad game, and well worth the $15 thatMinecraft is definitely a fun Sandbox game, but the current cost of the game is about $10 too high. More so, this game also lacks the serious drive for long term play, since the multiplayer environment either turns into a co-op based adventure with friends or an MMO style grindfest on some of the hardcore Role-Playing servers. This is definitely not a bad game, and well worth the $15 that I paid for it, though I'd love to see more of a reason and drive behind the game. As it has nothing to keep me entertained in the single player environment once I get finished creating a fort, farm, & house. Expand
  28. Dec 20, 2011
    Dehydrated review. There is a reason this game is so popular despite it's rudimentary graphics. Genuinely fun and intuitive, with a pure sandbox model and completely open world. Make this world anything you want it to be. This is a definite buy.
  29. Dec 30, 2011
    First off, I feel totally betrayed by the game's developers. Early in the development cycle they were adding a whole lot of really interesting things (secret Friday updates were always a joy). Right around 1.6, 1.7 though, the quality of development dropped with an almost audible 'clunk'. Instead of new, interesting things, we get... wolves. Well okay, fine - they can just fix bugs for aFirst off, I feel totally betrayed by the game's developers. Early in the development cycle they were adding a whole lot of really interesting things (secret Friday updates were always a joy). Right around 1.6, 1.7 though, the quality of development dropped with an almost audible 'clunk'. Instead of new, interesting things, we get... wolves. Well okay, fine - they can just fix bugs for a while and maybe do performance optimization, maybe - but they didn't even really do that. For a while, the updates were adding as many bugs as they were fixing. My heart sank when I realized that they were going to add a level system... because I knew they would not do it justice.

And that's exactly what happened. Some odd months later, we get the "retail" version of minecraft. At the last second (really, the last month of its development to this period was a *massive* crunch), they started shoving in a bunch of features that users didn't really want or even cared for. None of these really expanded game time at all - people who had already caught the carrot at the end of the stick would feel cheated. We got animal breeding, NPC villages... which are really just mobs that don't do anything, and more randomly generated structures, all-in-all. The biomes were improved, we got some changes to seed generation and other such minor fixes that didn't really impact gameplay - but made it a whole lot more sellable. The final straw? Dragons. They were so pathetic and desperate for sales, they literally slapped in a dragon to a spot where they simply ran out of ideas. Considering Skyrim came out around the same time... yeah. Sigh. Even worse, the devs had hinted at more interesting game modes, which simply never materialized.

But you'll note I gave it a 7, still. This is because the game, at is very core elements, deserve that. If you haven't played it before, the easy comparison is electronic legos with a greater sense of reward. The "game" elements to it, survival mode, really only exist to make the creative part of it more rewarding. Monsters are not difficult to fight and absurdly predictable, AI pathfinding is so laughably bad it'll routinely fall down into lava or kill itself, health regenerates pretty quickly, and nothing really hurts you with armor. In fact, mid-to-late game, the only thing that can really kill you is lava, and that's if you're really being dumb about mining in the first place. It's not really 'surviving' it's "building" which is occasionally interrupted by the need to gather materials, kill some monsters, and eat food. You don't need to build walls to protect yourself - the most safe thing to do is just dig a hole in the ground. Really.

That all being said, the game is wonderfully fun for the first week or so if you have any desire to build things. If you have a goal you want to materialize, Minecraft is addictive, simple, and fun. Multiplayer is great in every sense except for PvP which is *almost* pointless.

But the true potential in the game is actually the fact that it's in Java, there's an absurdly large modding community, and the devs screwed up so hard at the end. Mods have literally increased the amount of time I've played this game by a factor of five, if not more. If you like building, there's Buildcraft. If you like crazy fun things, there's Equivalent Exchange. If you like end game things, there's Industrialcraft 2. If you like circuits, there's Redpower 2. Simple mods are so trivial and easy to make it doesn't even require a working knowledge of Java. The tutorials will guide you literally through every step. If you're looking for a canvas to mod and add your own ideas to, while learning a language, this is clearly the game for you.

It's a seven because while great, they stopped making it good halfway through and just started adding in things that would help it sell. I got it for half off the beta price and it was well worth my money, but if I had paid four times as much I might feel a little peeved. It's a creativity tool first and foremost, and while Mojang is a business, they missed a huge opportunity for the sake of cashing in as much money from this cow as possible. I would not advise you to get this on anything but the PC because mods are just that amazing.
  30. Dec 31, 2011
    Hurrah! I have deleted my game rating account and am back to doing games on here. The first thing I would like to say is that Minecraft is a helluva fun time, for a while. Skyrim had the same problem: after hours of fun, it gets boring. I got it for free, so I am not complaining, but kudos to the guys who had to pay for it.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]