8.0

1. ShawnHubbard
    Feb 15, 2006
    I have to give the developers some credit. They tried to make an interesting and unusual game, but instead, it was a tedious, frustrating experience. This game was a huge letdown since I was expecting more. Most of the mini-games were entertaining, with a few exceptions. Some of the puzzles required the player to research the Internet to find websites specifically created for the game.I have to give the developers some credit. They tried to make an interesting and unusual game, but instead, it was a tedious, frustrating experience. This game was a huge letdown since I was expecting more. Most of the mini-games were entertaining, with a few exceptions. Some of the puzzles required the player to research the Internet to find websites specifically created for the game. The problem with this part of the game was that there were websites with the same search terms and iIt was sometimes difficult to find the right website. In addition, some of the clues are received via email. There were times where I could not continue the game until I used a walkthrough becaise some crucial emails never arrived, or arrived after the fact. Some of the puzzles, especially ones that required Internet research, were difficult because the subject matter is difficult. The worst thing about my whole experience: because of a bug (or developer oversight, I don't know which), the game didn't have an ending. Near the end of the game, the player competes against the villian in an online game. When the head-to-head game ended, the game did not advance to the end-story. I received no text, no emails, no videos, no audio, nothing. If not for the walkthrough I found on the Internet, I would have no idea what happened to the reporters I were saving, or the villan I chased for 3 days. That is complete unforgiveable. A game that doesn't allow the player to see the ending? Because of the non-ending, I would not recommend the game to anyone. Expand

1. A wonderful idea bogged down by lousy execution.
    The puzzles kept me intrigued for days, the storyline was irresistible, and the e-mails and Internet research were a joy. Sadly, the ending left me cold and put a damper on the whole story, and some of the puzzles were so annoying they ceased being fun long before they were complete.
  3. Something completely different; it is an original, innovative, interesting and witty game with a bunch of highly intelligent puzzles...However, Missing is also an example of how you can ruin a fantastic idea by throwing in tones of irrational and pointless mini-games and occult mumbo-jumbo.