Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine PC

7.7

1. May 22, 2013
    The game seems pretty cool, but I could never connect to a multiplayer game. Company blames Steam for the problem, yet I have DOZENS of games that play just fine within the Steam cloud.

What little I played before I found multiplayer was hosed and I couldn't play with my friends seemed pretty good. So if you're lucky and MP works for you, it's probably a good game. Only reason I'm not giving it a 1.
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    I notices this game really long time ago, but i don't liked the graphics and the movement looks terrible...
    Then there was a free-weekend and i gave it a try, i will not regret!
    This game is a really nice indie game, i had many hours of fun on public. You have diffrent classes, with diffrent skills, like the mole, who can dig into the most walls, or the other classes who can disgus as
    Then there was a free-weekend and i gave it a try, i will not regret!
    This game is a really nice indie game, i had many hours of fun on public.
    You have diffrent classes, with diffrent skills, like the mole, who can dig into the most walls, or the other classes who can disgus as an enemy, the guy who can knock enemys down from behind and many other classes.
    Later you unlock more classes, there tons of missions and there not so easy.
    You get very fast used to the controls and the graphics, you can only see what your character see (except the one class, who can see enemys through wall), you also can pick up items during a mission, revive dead teammates (also the enemys can revive their teammates).
    I had a lot of fun i can totaly recommend this game!
  3. May 17, 2013
    The early levels are great, especially with friends manic, tricky and fun to negotiate. Unfortunately, it's one of those games where the developers didn't know how to ramp up the difficulty level without sapping the fun completely. In a multi-player, once one of you dies in the middle of one of the frequently occurring laser net death-traps, you essentially can't finish the level, sinceThe early levels are great, especially with friends manic, tricky and fun to negotiate. Unfortunately, it's one of those games where the developers didn't know how to ramp up the difficulty level without sapping the fun completely. In a multi-player, once one of you dies in the middle of one of the frequently occurring laser net death-traps, you essentially can't finish the level, since anyone attempting to restore the dead player is themselves killed. Absurdly, enemy guards can walk right through these laser fields without activating them, meaning that on occasions your entire team is forced to move excruciatingly slowly from safe square to safe square while enemies blithely converge on them from all sides.

I know some people love challenges and rage against games being dumbed down, but for me, in the case of this game, the fun factor really comes down to dealing with the unexpected and surviving tremendous by the skin of your teeth. Once minor mistakes start getting your entire team wiped out, and once I'm having to repeat levels so often that I know every square inch off by heart, it loses much of its appeal. And that started happening for me and the people I play with at around the tenth mission.
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    I'm liking Monaco quite a lot, but it's not perfect game by any chance. There are couple of gripes I have with this. First of all enemy AI. It's just ridiculously stupid and scripted. Guards patrol the area in semi predictable ways, I like their pattern and figuring them is a bit of a challenge which I like, but when they eventually see you, you just need to break the line of sight withI'm liking Monaco quite a lot, but it's not perfect game by any chance. There are couple of gripes I have with this. First of all enemy AI. It's just ridiculously stupid and scripted. Guards patrol the area in semi predictable ways, I like their pattern and figuring them is a bit of a challenge which I like, but when they eventually see you, you just need to break the line of sight with them and then they just quit, they don't search the area where you went missing, or even look behind a door where I'm hiding even though I obviously went there but they just barely saw me in front of the door so they can't, it all feels just too scripted and it sucks out a lot of tension that a stealth game should have. Also, Monaco feels a bit too much coop heavy and in single player some of the classes are just way too underpowered to face many of the situations. There's nothing wrong with making coop game, it's perfect here actually, the best coop experience I've ever had, but if putting in a single player with no means to get any traits of other classes some of them just become a bit pointless, of course you can survive with all of them, I've tried but you can't do it really sneaky and stealthy like you should be able to in a sneaking game. Overall I really like this game, it's a great game but in terms of tension, AI and balance it falters a bit too much for a stealth game, it just feels like a 7 to me. This isn't the definitive stealth game some may have been expecting, but definitely pick it up if you have couple of friends you can play on your couch, you can play this locally with 4 players, even on PC and even on the same keyboard which is really rare these days. Expand
  5. May 3, 2013
    I basically bought this game because it is hyped so much. And once again I stepped into the hype trap.

Though it is not a bad game (it runs smooth, it's kinda funny and has an interesting theme), personally I dislike the graphic design a lot. It is new and trendy but in my opinion completely unsuitable for this kind of a game in which it is important for graphics to be easily read. I

I often have a hard time to see what is what. Especially where I can walk and what is a wall or obstacle.

So it is an ok game but in my opinion it is not living up to the hype.
  6. May 2, 2013
    I really like Monaco and it's way better to play it on Co-Op rather than in single player. It's fun very easy to get into and thrilling to play.

But also the game has some flaws that seem to be overlooked in all those glorious reviews and I'm talking about the art style and music. For me the art style is very confusing and it's hard to tell sometimes what's what. Weapon/item icons are confusing at start, and it's hard to see some characters or other details while playing. I think those things should stand out more.

My problem with music is it's getting annoying after a while and me, and my friends had to turn it off. There is nothing bad about it it's just way too loud and way too repetitive so it get's frustrating. It doesn't work as the background for the game, but it's too noticeable.

If you can get through it I fully recommend it.

Also it would be great if you could plan your mission beforehand and then try to execute it old Rainbow Six style.
  7. Jun 30, 2013
    My initial impression of this game was that it tried to be some sort of crazy Pac-Man game for the 21st century. The similarities are initially somewhat striking, but that proved not to be the case. Instead it's like a crazy bomberman like game.. only not.. It's a weird one.

It's also a quite over hyped game. Not sure if it's because so many people had high hopes and really wanted to play this, or the fact that all the game reviewers always have access to players who are willing to join for some coop. I'm fairly certain it's the latter. This game seems like it would be absolutely amazing when played on a couch with some friends, making up strategies as you go along and really getting into it.
    Single player, on the other hand, is freakishly dull. I really REALLY wish all the reviews didn't say something equal to "this game is a blast! And with co-op it's even more fun!" when what they should have written was "Single player is somewhat dull and dreary. Co-op is where it is ALL at." I suspect most reviewers did either very little solo play or got their solo experiences coloured by the fact that coop was awesome.

If you have friends to play with, this game is probably one of the best coop experiences out there. If you don't have friends (to play with) this game is most likely not going to grab you as much. There's no real stealth gameplay to speak of, other than "don't get seen!" You can hide in plants.. That's pretty much the extent of stealth play in this game. Each character has their own ability, but aside from the Mole, none of them really have an ability that lends itself to solo play to any degree.

Coop seems to be the way to play it, and the ONLY way to play it. Solo has none of the crazy hilarious chaos that you see in videos from the game, cause none of the videos are ever solo. Makes you think, huh?

Again, my review is based on a game I bought after reviewers gave a false idea of how amazeballs the game is, both in solo and mp and my score therefor represents solo play (which is about a 6 or so) plus a 1 so as to not skew the overall score in an unfair direction. Should never have trusted reviewers. That's on me.
  8. Aug 2, 2013
    Fajny pomysł na skradankę. Nie dosyć że od góry, to nawet umożliwia coopa. Nie jest za łatwa, ale też nie za trudna. Ważne że spędzi się trochę z nią czasu, żeby zrobić bardziej wymagające etapy. Styl graficzny też zaskakuje, wygląda przyjemnie i może momentami śmieszyć. Nie mamy tu co prawda, fabuły jednak klimat powiązany z głównymi bohaterami czy oprawą graficzną daje nam wspaniałeFajny pomysł na skradankę. Nie dosyć że od góry, to nawet umożliwia coopa. Nie jest za łatwa, ale też nie za trudna. Ważne że spędzi się trochę z nią czasu, żeby zrobić bardziej wymagające etapy. Styl graficzny też zaskakuje, wygląda przyjemnie i może momentami śmieszyć. Nie mamy tu co prawda, fabuły jednak klimat powiązany z głównymi bohaterami czy oprawą graficzną daje nam wspaniałe uczucie. Nie ma co o tej grze dużo pisać, jeżeli lubisz skradanki, to odejdź na chwile od Splinter Cella czy Hitmana i zagraj w Monaco. Moja ocena 7/10 Collapse
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    Don't fall on the hype-bomb! This one isn't worth the purchase. The graphics are fine, animations fine, music fine, story fine...but fun? The fun just isn't there. Solo play is actually incredibly boring, which finally made me realize why the game tries to railroad you into forced online play. Well I guess nobody is playing this anymore because i couldn't get sync'd up with anyone.Don't fall on the hype-bomb! This one isn't worth the purchase. The graphics are fine, animations fine, music fine, story fine...but fun? The fun just isn't there. Solo play is actually incredibly boring, which finally made me realize why the game tries to railroad you into forced online play. Well I guess nobody is playing this anymore because i couldn't get sync'd up with anyone. Out of desperation I purchased a copy for a solid gamer buddy of mine because i was convinced it was an outstanding co-op game, per reviews. Well....we just couldn't make it more than 90 minutes, despite us clearing many levels. It just became tedious too quickly.
    I feel bad for the devs because I can tell some love and good ideas were put into this, but there's nothing about this game that was truly fun or begs me to return to it. And the internet love affair just doesn't make sense for this title.
  10. Jun 29, 2014
    Just OK. After several hours co-op multiplay me and my friends remain underwhelmed by this overrated game. It's OK, it's certainly not great. I suspect many have rated this highly as it exceeded their expectations. It's quite frustrating, difficult, and unrewarding. It probably represents good value for money at $3 but that doesn't mean it's awesome. Meh.
  11. Aug 2, 2013

1. Jun 19, 2013
    Monaco fails at balancing fun and cold math; the first levels are so easy that you’ll run through them without even thinking, but by the end the awkward arcade shenanigans will become the downfall of your carefully laid plans.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 13, 2013
    Monaco: What's Yours is Mine is fine as single player but great with friends. [June 2013]
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    Despite the small budget, this is an interesting indie title with a few nice ideas.