7.8

1. Aug 4, 2014
    I normally enjoy Indie games, I like stealth games and I like puzzle games. I even like heist games! So it's rather depressing that I don't enjoy Monaco. It's not a terrible game, but I just don't find it fun.

It's far too easy for someone you're playing with to blunder into a trap and ruin the stealth you're going for, and once you trip an alarm the game devolves into a stupid farce of running around like idiots trying to hide from guards so that they conveniently reset and let you walk around again.

The graphics are stylistic but also not particularly charming IMO. I'd say graphics like FTL give a good example of memorable Indie graphics. In Monaco everything is basically either neon or pixelated and blocky. The characters are just poorly textured blocky lumps, ugly more than anything.

While I quite liked the little bits of story exposition between missions (which can be quite amusing), I'd say the game is highly overrated in general and really doesn't do the stealth or action sides of things particularly well.
  2. Jul 20, 2013
    Overrated silly game. I agree it has cool looks and remembers good games of old times but this one is not. The multiplayer is bad, usability is bad, I didn't like the classes either.

1. Jun 19, 2013
    Monaco fails at balancing fun and cold math; the first levels are so easy that you’ll run through them without even thinking, but by the end the awkward arcade shenanigans will become the downfall of your carefully laid plans.
  2. Jun 13, 2013
    Monaco: What's Yours is Mine is fine as single player but great with friends. [June 2013]
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    Despite the small budget, this is an interesting indie title with a few nice ideas.