9.0

1. Oct 23, 2010
    This has to be the worst game I have played. It is so childish and full of lame tasks. The humor that gets tossed into the story line is very elementary and perfect for a very young child, but I'm not a young child. I can't believe the ratings it has received (a 9.2 user score???) because I was so bored and so frustrated by playing it, I wished I could have returned it. I have played manyThis has to be the worst game I have played. It is so childish and full of lame tasks. The humor that gets tossed into the story line is very elementary and perfect for a very young child, but I'm not a young child. I can't believe the ratings it has received (a 9.2 user score???) because I was so bored and so frustrated by playing it, I wished I could have returned it. I have played many games for years with this being the lowest on the list. It is so linear that I was bored in about 15 minutes. The puzzles should drive anyone mad because they are very silly. This might be good for a child between the ages of 8-10, but other than that it is a complete waste of time. I bought the game because it was rated so highly. ONLY buy this game if you are under 10 and like cartoons with puzzles and corny jokes or if you like really old fashioned games that had no excitement. The biggest thrill I received was when I uninstalled it. Thumbs down for LucasArts and Monkey Island. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2014
    I loved the Secret of Monkey Island remake because I played the first game as a kid, but I don't have the same nostalgia for the Monkey Island 2 remake, which is quite bad if you experience it for the first time as an adult. The in-game production commentary is good, but not enough to carry the game as a historical piece.

1. Just as LucasArts took the fans' complaints into consideration in regard to the briefness of the first title of the series back in '91, they have now proven that they're able to listen twenty years later as well. The main complaints towards the first title were the unworthy graphics of a contemporary remake and the lack of voice work in the classic game version. Which essentially means that they fixed the problems and polished this new sequel to the border of perfection.
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Stunning graphics and excellent voice acting. [Sept 2010, p.86]
  3. So whether you're a newcomer or a LeChuck's Revenge veteran, it's definitely worth taking the trip back to the world of Monkey Island.