Montague's Mount PC

4.8

1. Oct 20, 2013
    Montague's Mount has so much potential to be more. A visually beautiful game, the atmosphere is great with the dark tones and somber music contrasted by a few pops of color from a light or something shiny nearby. The game has such a promising setting full of intrigue and mystery but the snail’s pace of movement only to be rewarded with a small victory over and over again and theMontague's Mount has so much potential to be more. A visually beautiful game, the atmosphere is great with the dark tones and somber music contrasted by a few pops of color from a light or something shiny nearby. The game has such a promising setting full of intrigue and mystery but the snail’s pace of movement only to be rewarded with a small victory over and over again and the nonsensical puzzle placement, and puzzles themselves take away any immersion or enjoyment I could have had and replaced it with frustration and anger. Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2013
    Game has some obvious problems but I very much appreciated the effort put into it and managed to enjoy it.

It was taken to a huge extreme, but the feeling of helplessness was something I haven't felt in this way in another game. The game is beautiful, which added to the experience immensely. The puzzles were often infuriating... which few people will forgive it for. I won't

The game is beautiful, which added to the experience immensely.

The puzzles were often infuriating... which few people will forgive it for. I won't either.

I really wanted to enjoy this game and I did, but I feel like I will be in a minority.

The game has so much going for it, that I feel it warrants far higher scores than what it has been given thus far.

1. CD-Action
    Mar 5, 2014
    At first I was delighted with the dark atmosphere, but it’s not the story of madness that drove me crazy, but pixel hunting, repetitive objects, weak character models and slow movements of the protagonist. [03/2014, p.73]
  2. Feb 24, 2014
    I could bring up a dozen more problems, major and minor, with the game, but what's the point? Montague's Mount doesn't have interesting puzzles or a structure that ties them into a coherent work about mental illness, despite its heavy-handed announcement of that intent. I respect the aim, but the execution is terrible.
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    Montague’s Mount has a fantastic atmosphere, but is too slow to get really creepy. With a mysterious tone, you’ll want to discover it more and more. However, it has too many flaws to be memorable.