4.1

1. Aug 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm into psychological games, pretty hardcore, Montague's Mount is one of those psychological games I love. Visually I liked it, it wasn't overly dark, yet not obnoxiously bright. The atmosphere and weather changes I thought was quite amazing. The puzzles aren't all easy, yet they're not overly obnoxious. The only puzzle I had a real issue learning/solving was the Plinth compass puzzle, I played the game before it was updated and more 'help' was added to solve that puzzle.
    Throughout the game on and off it gave me a feeling of being watched.
    I did get lost a few times in the game, but once you figure it out, the game isn't that bad.
    I personally didn't have any issues with my game crashing or losing saves, no bugs. The game gave me no problems what so ever.
    Not sure how much this game changed with the update, or how much help was added, even before the update I did have fun with this game. As I said the game gave me no issues, some of the puzzles were easy, some were challenging. Either way, for one person making this game, I thought it was quite amazing and very well done.

1. Mar 5, 2014
    At first I was delighted with the dark atmosphere, but it’s not the story of madness that drove me crazy, but pixel hunting, repetitive objects, weak character models and slow movements of the protagonist. [03/2014, p.73]
  2. Feb 24, 2014
    I could bring up a dozen more problems, major and minor, with the game, but what's the point? Montague's Mount doesn't have interesting puzzles or a structure that ties them into a coherent work about mental illness, despite its heavy-handed announcement of that intent. I respect the aim, but the execution is terrible.
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    Montague’s Mount has a fantastic atmosphere, but is too slow to get really creepy. With a mysterious tone, you’ll want to discover it more and more. However, it has too many flaws to be memorable.