5.1

1. May 11, 2013
    I have played a couple of flying and space simulators, but this just really doesn't hold up to its implied promise that it's as good as those simulators, although this is a F2P game, so maybe I was expecting too much. I do think that if you want a realistic experience, you would want to get those simulators, but I do understand that a game has to be at least moderately realistic in orderI have played a couple of flying and space simulators, but this just really doesn't hold up to its implied promise that it's as good as those simulators, although this is a F2P game, so maybe I was expecting too much. I do think that if you want a realistic experience, you would want to get those simulators, but I do understand that a game has to be at least moderately realistic in order to be successful. I was rather surprised at the lack of players on servers, but once 8 or more people joined the game, it became hectic and addictive, as everyone tended to gather in front of a base and dogfight. I was rather disappointed at the ships available. The default ships are just not maneuverable enough for my FPS-addled brain, and prices are, well, pricey. The higher-end ships that actually work cost way too much for people who just want to try the game out. I think Uber Entertainment would get more people to play this if they had free trials for certain ships every once in a while. Once you get the hang of it, though, the rather slow movement is ignored most of the time; prediction takes over as you have to accurately guess where your opponents are moving, as projectiles do take time to go places. The lack of variety in game types and maps are a major ding to the game, however; I can think of craploads of more game types, and I hated most of the maps to the point of trying to blast apart the random asteroids scattered in my way. As for the prices, once you get into the hang of it, you start reaping SO MUCH CRED. I'm serious: I started out forgetting how to play these kind of games (for some reason; I am notorious for forgetting stuff, so I guess it's not that much of a surprise), and after only 2 hours or so, I pretty much was on the top of the scoreboard. I guess the reason why I enjoy this game is because I'm a casual gamer; I rarely play hardcore games (except for Battlefield). If you want to play this game, I suggest watching some game footage before downloading. Expand
  2. Jul 27, 2012
    Been looking for a game like this for a long time! Loads of fun and the small, but dedicated dev team is always listening to your feedback by adding requested features and tweaking for balance. Growing community & constantly improving social features are great, too.
  3. Jan 5, 2013
    It's a bit raw, but tremendously engaging. Dogfights In Space would be a much better description than Futuristic Combat Sim. A full round is only 15 minutes and it's very easy to jump in and out. Handy when you want to play but don't have hours to spend on a session. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's terrific.

There's zilch for instruction, so the first step is

There's zilch for instruction, so the first step is figuring out the game. If you're new to it, just look under Options to check out the keybindings. Then spend some time learning to fly and seeing how the games work. Get some credits, which all players earn, win or lose, tweak your ship with an upgrade or save up and buy a new ship. If you're trying to play through Chrome, it'll work, but it's kinda sluggish. Play it in Steam. You'll find your ship is a lot more responsive and no lost focus problems.
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    It's easy to create an account and get into space combat for a death match or capture the flag. Maneuvering around asteroids to dodge or surprise your opponent feels awesome. The two starting ships were just fine. Like Parzival said, it gets more exciting when there's more players on the server. On the other hand, the user interface design feels outdated and occasionally the game willIt's easy to create an account and get into space combat for a death match or capture the flag. Maneuvering around asteroids to dodge or surprise your opponent feels awesome. The two starting ships were just fine. Like Parzival said, it gets more exciting when there's more players on the server. On the other hand, the user interface design feels outdated and occasionally the game will randomly crash. But for a free game, can't complain! Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    While some of the issues brought up in the negative reviews are true I don't think they actually describe why some people dislike the game. This game has an extremely steep learning curve which in some cases leads to an unpleasant first experience, after which no second chance is given.

Also, if you're reading this please note that one of the negative reviews (Katana622) may have given the game zero points but he (she? they?) generally had very good things to say. While I can't speak for him/her/them I believe at least one zero point rating was by mistake.

I generally greatly enjoy this game, but there are just a few lingering issues that are keeping me from getting 100% behind it--a few balance issues, the steep learning curve, lack of map variety, and a few glitches I've run across.

The game play is a fairly straightforward red vs blue space combat game with a lot of high-speed dogfights and some very striking visual elements. (I'm honestly baffled at PC gamer's comments--I've certainly no complaint about how the ships handle, and teamwork actually is pretty important . . .)

TL;DR; I think you'll enjoy this game a lot if you can make it past the brutal learning curve.
  6. Jan 9, 2016
    This is in no way a good space sim. But it puts Elite Dangerous to shame as far as fun. The ships fly great, the graphics are good for what it needs to be, and what surprises me is how many people who review this game view it badly. Its one on the few games I've plays that truly rely on skill and trickery as a pilot in a dogfight. I'm terrible at most online games, but i'm old, I tend toThis is in no way a good space sim. But it puts Elite Dangerous to shame as far as fun. The ships fly great, the graphics are good for what it needs to be, and what surprises me is how many people who review this game view it badly. Its one on the few games I've plays that truly rely on skill and trickery as a pilot in a dogfight. I'm terrible at most online games, but i'm old, I tend to play fair and not go in for spamming or cheating. I'm amazing at this game because it levels the playing field for all 20 somethings who whine cause they S U C K . Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. PC Gamer
    Jul 12, 2012
    Right now Moon Breakers suffers: its ships handle like HGVs and it's a multiplayer game that doesn't actually require you to work with other players at all. [Sept 2012, p.61]