8.7

1. Feb 24, 2015
    Horrible online, lame gameplay, uninspired characters and a retarded block system. Mortal Kombat 9 is the perfect example of a "meh" fighting game. Is it competetively viable? Well it was at EVO, like once, and everyone played Kabal. Poorly designed and unbalanced.
  2. May 15, 2016
    Story mode will show you a whole new side of physics... An altered reality of sorts whereby you will find your jumpkicks and throws somehow missing when they've nailed the opponent... Its the stupidest game ever... I've never seen a game cheat so much in my life. When the challenge to a game relies soley on poorly built physics ya know, kind of like getting a headshot on Rainbow Six but itStory mode will show you a whole new side of physics... An altered reality of sorts whereby you will find your jumpkicks and throws somehow missing when they've nailed the opponent... Its the stupidest game ever... I've never seen a game cheat so much in my life. When the challenge to a game relies soley on poorly built physics ya know, kind of like getting a headshot on Rainbow Six but it misses the guy turns his head saying "huh?" his head moves and you see the bullet hole behind it.. But SHlTTY as it may be it got realist game of the year... Moving on.. So, I give this game a terrible rating because Kintaro seems to have attack after attack go right through him or be completely ineffective. Same as Goro and it happens pretty much whenever the game decides it must win. You jump kicks will go right through there face and then you'll get an uppercut or something stupid. You'll be sitting there scratching your head when you realize everything you knew about physics goes out the windows with this piece of garbage in Story Mode. Regular mode it doesnt pull any cheap BS till up in the eschelon... I gotta give a crap review because I am so tired of buying games that cheat and if you think games dont cheat then you probably have a stupid understanding of physics too.. Like the creators. Expand
  3. Jul 2, 2014
    The console cheats when fighting against computer. It's clear that the fighter get's disabled for couple of seconds and they don't do anything. When I tried to kick shao khan's ass with cyrax he couldn't reach him even if he was right in front of him and Shao Khan was able to do all of his combos faster than usual. This is a cheating game. And it doesn't function properly!

1. Jan 20, 2014
    The online experience could be better, especially with such a small community, but the game is solid enough in other areas that it is easily one of the better fighting games for the platform and worth checking out.
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    The PC’s Komplete Edition is the best way to experience this game, technically. A modest gaming machine can run it with a nice smooth framerate and settings set high. The game has never looked more detailed and crisp, and timing your movements feels a little easier with the improved performance.
  3. Sep 13, 2013
    A solid fighting game mired in its own questionable presentation. Superseded since its console launch.