8.8

1. Jul 3, 2013
    Best Fighting game on PC for now.Good port with lot of options and smooth gameplay.It includes all character and skin DLC's.PC version is obviously better than consoles.Well, for 30$ its an awesome game.
  2. Jul 5, 2013
    So the game runs like a dream, mostly: 60 fps cap,plenty of options for video settings (Anti Aliasing, 1080p, textures, etc)... The only problem is the in-game cutscenes. They look like they were ripped off of a 240p youtube video, sound included. Not sure why it looks so terrible but it gives me a headache

The matchmaking system is annoying as well, but considering it's the same as the
    console version that's not much to complain about. Overall I'm extremely happy to see the game ported, albeit a few years late. Expand
  3. Jul 3, 2013
    a bit late but embraces with warm welcome.
    f*ck this i love it.
    warner bros sure is smoking things for pc.
    just play this on the greatest console (pc) of all time.
    graphics are crisp like lays and lots of fun.
  4. Jul 5, 2013
    Nice game. I'm glad they launched it on PC as well. Graphics are cool, gameplay is cool, no freezing. Also I tested it on my old PC with modest configuration, works ok.
  5. Jul 4, 2013
    Much better than I was hoping for a launch. Plays fast and flawless out of the box (or valve so to speak) maxed out with a HD6950 1gb. Graphics are really good, plays nice on xbox controller with no input lag what so ever. Online runs flawless too. To be honest I have played a few hours now and can't think of any faults. it has local 4 player multiplayer and all the DLC from the xbox and PS3 with the game as standard for no extra cost (Freddy Kreuger and the others).

Edited review after 24 hours play. Knocked it down to 7 from 9 because the online is atrociously laggy.
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    A solid port of an excellent game. Was able to run it smoothly on both a midlevel PC and a laptop. Decent amount of graphics options and game runs silky smooth at 60 fps most of the time at max settings. Controls are pretty good though as expected a controller is better than M+KB.

The game itself is obviously very good. This version contains all the DLC so you can go into it knowing
    you've gotten the full package. There's a ton of content and the actual is very good. There's several hours worth of single player content but the game really shines in multiplayer. I enjoyed the look and feel of all the characters as well as the story. This is probably the best MK in terms of pure quality and content since the original trilogy. Certainly the best 3D one.

If you're a fan of Mortal Kombat or just a fan of fighting games in general, this is the one game on the PC you have to buy. The genre provides few options on the PC so this port is a godsend. It looks good, plays good and is a ton of fun. If you don't mind excessive gore this game is amazing. Only $30 on Steam makes it very, very worth it.
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    Pretty good port so far. Runs well on my system (Phenom II x6 3.2ghz & HD6870), seems to have everything the console version does including up to 4 player local multiplayer. It have pretty much all the options you'd expect, albeit not quite as many as the Capcom ports (no GFWL, though!).

The people complaining about it not working are people with laptops. I've seen them whining on the
    Steam forums. Games often do not work on laptop chipsets (eg Intel HD), yet people buy without checking then throw a fit even though it was *their* fault for not waiting and checking more carefully about compatibility. If they want to run AAA games on their PC, they should get a PC designed for it. And if you have a laptop, you *always* but with extreme caution. LEARN, people. Expand
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    It works perfectly, very fast, and smooth game play, it doesn't lockup as some of the previous reviewers have stated, my only complaint is the the low quality videos in story mode, i'd give it a 10 otherwise, NetherRealm needs to consider utilizing the engine for in game cinematics.
  9. Jul 5, 2013
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is the best fighting game for PC. It is fantastic. Really great port (which was expected as it is using a cross platform engine Unreal Engine 3, I think, it wasn't hard to optimise and rewrite for PC).

The fighting system is great, the gameplay is fantastic, it runs very fluidly. You can configure the controls as you wish. I was playing the game on an old
    HD2600 XT video card and it is perfectly playable at lower resolution (1280x720, medium shadow quality, no antialiasing) without any problem and it still looks really great! It has all the DLC characters (Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy Krueger) and klassic customes.

Story mode is simple but fun, it is just sequence of fight with cut-scene rendered with the game engine, which would look great but... yeah, let's see the bad thing about the game.

The game is almost perfect. One bad thing about it is the ingame videos. They just look bad, I mean, the quality is bad compared to the real in-game graphics. The are not high resolution enough. They should render them in real-time with the game engine, also that would mean around -4 gigabytes for the size of the game. One more bad thing, the Usual D3D error, which is possible on older videocards like in case of my HD2600. It can be fixed and it is possible it will run perfectly! I think the system requirements are pretty low, the official one is a joke, it will run on a much weaker PC.

In overall, we got an almost perfect Mortal Kombat game for PC. It is fantastic, it has the good old Mortal Kombat feel, it plays well, it runs well, really great port. In-game cut scenes should be much better quality. The extras are fun, I'm very happy with it as other MK fans too. It deserves at least a 9 of 10. Great job!
  10. Jul 4, 2013
    Eine wirklich gute Konsolenumsetzung. Kein GfWL Zwang. Mein Gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad 2) wurde direkt erkannt und funktioniert einwandfrei. Das Spiel läuft butterweich und bisher ohne jegliche Abstürze. Also Leute zugreifen!!! Endlich mal ein richtig gutes Fighting Game auf dem PC.
  11. Jul 4, 2013
    Awesome fighting game. Unique atmosphere, enhanced graphics, great online game, fully customizing controls. Surprisingly good port. This is the best pc fighting game ever.
    Flawless victory! Thanks to "high voltage software" for this. Great work!
  12. Jul 4, 2013
    Wasn't expecting this to be a great port, but in fact it actually is. Plays much better than the console version (and looks better). People with issues about hardware are people with old laptops, so obviously it won't run. There's enough graphic options, can change controls easily, and you can play with 1-4 people on the same PC. It's great!
  13. Jul 4, 2013
    Stay away from story mode and you will do just fine. Or learn how to play with each of characters before entering it. Without that you will found yourself frustrated by rapid character switching and complete inability to fight in some cases.
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    The game itself is certainly fun. It has an ample amount of content and different game modes which you could waste a great amount of time on. The port is very smooth as well. Unfortunately, the core gameplay itself is crucially flawed. The game feels broken and unbalanced, as combo strings seems to last forever. There are literally combos that can hurt you for 100% of your total health (which I personally think it ridiculous). You will also find yourself infinitely frustrated with certain battles in that game, as they feel extremely unfair (Shao Kahn will let you know the meaning of rage).

The game is fun, with an awesome amount of content and game modes, but ultimately feels broken and unbalanced.
  15. Jul 7, 2013
    Great game, it runs super smooth and looks incredible. A few disconnections while playing online
    but have always been able to jump right back in with no problems. Oh and no lag either. Happy customer
    recommend!
  16. Jul 9, 2013
    After playing for hundreds of hours the PS3 version, finally I have the pleasure of returning to play Mortal Kombat PC Master Race edition, now with more detailed textures, higher resolution, reduced loading times, etc. The port is excellent and is definitely the best version.

Thi is is a real, genuine and also the best Mortal Kombat to date.

The only negative is that the cut scenes
    are in low quality compared with the console version, and online has some problems that i'm sure they will address with a patch.

My recommendation, BUY IT RIGHT NOW.
  17. Aug 5, 2013
    Moving on PC take about 2 years (too much) but its was worth waiting. The graphic look better then on other consoles but cutscenes are really horrible. Gameplay is great, returning to 2D fighting was right decision. Sound is fine but sometimes (not very often) in cutscenes dialogues become little unsophisticated. Definitely the best Mortal Kombat game ever and its worth buying it, i just think X-ray attacks should be like some fatality or finish move when enemy have low health, because watching enemy to get up like nothing happens after breaking his bones is not realistic. Expand
  18. Aug 1, 2013
    Best fighting game for PC ever, tons of characters, unlockables, games modes, a great and long history that reinitialize the complete saga and tells the history of every character of the game.
  19. Xon
    Jul 6, 2013
    I can clearly remember the first time I played Mortal Kombat. The characters very uncannily lifelike. The fighting was tough and realistic. The finishes were brutal. My buddies and I lapped up the two sequels with relish. I have never owned a playstation or an xbox so I was peeved at not getting to play the game.
    I am more than grateful that they've finally ported the game. It works fine
    on my desktop and laptop but obvisouly you are going to need a controller to play it properly. Here's hoping Injustice is in the works too. Expand
  20. Jul 8, 2013
    Truly the best Mortal Kombat ever. It warms my heart to see this series shining again. Everything you could possibly want in a Mortal Kombat game is here, and the attention to detail is insane. Great animations, victory poses and finishing moves, combos flow and link seamlessly, great level design, and surprisingly, an engaging story in campaign mode. A PC port that is worth every penny.
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    This is the best fighter available on the pc. Only thing i can complain about is the low res cut scences but modders have come to the rescue. A must play if you haven't already. Also multiplayer is not going to give you the best experience though it was even broken on console.
  22. Jul 9, 2013
    Awesome game. It looks amazing on the PC ,Everything you loved on the console version is there only better. This version has all characters and dlc. The multilayer needs some patching but that's about the only thing that is not perfect.
  23. Jul 7, 2013
    awesome fighting game ive been waiting a while for it but it was worth the wait, cant find anything wrong with it, smooth game-play good graphics and cheap whats not to love
  24. Jul 27, 2013
    Best fighting game that came to pc ever and also it is the best MK so far the story of the game is just amazing and you don't need to play the previous games as this one gives you the story of all the previous parts the game play is just amazing as MK keeps to be brutal and funny and with amazing Xray moves and bloody fatalities you'll never get bored of the game
  25. Jul 23, 2013
    Porting is good except the ''Online' section There is a little problems with online gameplay that you cant find you friend on game.Also bugs on online section again.I'll be waiting for fix patch for online but on the other hand this game is awesome on his own great story as should be and also great graphics
  26. Jul 8, 2013
    A very fantastic fighting game. I played this on the Xbox360 back in 2011, and i was really happy to learn that there will be PC version. The port is fantastic, it runs at 60 fps, you can use the gamepad, but keyboard works pretty fine aswell. If you haven't played this game on consoles, do yourself a favor and PLAY this amazing game, especially if you had any interests in past Mortal Kombat games. Expand
  27. Aug 2, 2013
    A good fighter! Actualy he saved the game francise! After a story when Liu Kang was dead and Raiden get bad guy and all the DC Comics characters (oh god why? The story was saved. Gameplay: After when the game goes to 3D at MK4 he started to go wrong. The gameplay was good but not outstanding like MK3 or other games for the triology collection. Well MK9 remaked the gameplay: X-ray, Fatalites(Not like the MK v.s DC Universe), lot of moves, multiplayer, test your luck, story mode (finaly a story with good story with cutscenes not like the other MK games, just a story of the characters when you're finish the ladder), ladder mode. And one of the best fighter games It's finaly on PC!!! Expand
  28. Jul 6, 2013
    This is a great port there aren't enough fighting games on the PC. I hope it sells well so we can get Injustice on the PC as well. I highly recommend the Razer Sabretooth control pad to play this as the D-pad is far more responsive than the xbox 360 control pad.
  29. Sep 1, 2013
    Awesome game! Obviously a living fighting classics, the gameplay is blazing fast and exciting, a great story is behind all the action, and all the characters loved by the players are back. I had a couple of crashes and glitches, but I had such a blast playing this game that I can't bring myself to put any mark less than 10.
  30. Aug 4, 2013
    Truly a GREAT fighting games personally i dislike the 2.5d that MK adopted since MK 4 but this one is a n excellent return to golden ages of mk
  31. Jul 14, 2013
    Ok, so this game is probably not so bad and it is nice to have some modern fighting game on PC. However, the graphics are from like year 2004 and everything gets way worse during the cutscenes (I can only explain the cutscene graphics quality dropping by developers trolling us deliberately). My biggest complaint is the story mode where you are forced to play a particular character for several rounds. Everything would be Ok, but making me play as a LIU KANG in order to complete the story is unforgivable. This character is the most lame and stupid one in history of video games. I've hated him back in 95 when I was 10 and my hatred didn't diminish a bit. The noises he makes are beyond retarded and his moves are useless and they all look stupid, not to mention the fact that he is an absurdly outrageous as a storyline character who can boast literally zero interesting traits. There is a reason why MK Conquest creators chose to have a story with Kung Lao as a main character and not to have LK at all. If there was a way to skip those levels or better yet to completely remove LK from existence the game would have been a lot better. Expand
  32. Jul 5, 2013
    Really nice game, one of the best reboots what i see in this generation, and best plataform.
    nice moves nice combos, nice history and new history i love this game.
  33. Sep 7, 2013
    Aside from the venerable Street Fighter series, there really aren't many top-tier fighting games on PC. Thankfully, Mortal Kombat Komplete serves up some top-notch fighting with none of the Games For Windows drawbacks of the SSF games. This game features amazing graphics, lightning-fast animation speeds, superior controls, and a tremendous amount of content. There must be 30 or more characters, each with his own combos and special attacks. The game also features a full "story mode", where the player is led through a series of fighting stages tied together with rich cutscenes. Included, too, are a handful of mini-games and challenge modes. There's certainly plenty to do here, although it all ultimately revolves around fighting in the same general style. Any accomplishment in the game is rewarded through Steam Achievements and in-game currency which can be used to unlock even more content.

The game is quite difficult. I was expert at Mortal Kombat on console twenty years ago, but in this version I find it difficult just to complete the ladder (the standard single-player gameplay mode) in the easiest skill level. The story mode is equally difficult. I've tried playing online a few times, but I was brutalized so badly that I doubt I'll ever try again. Those with faster internet connections or MUCH greater skill may fare better. Even with the difficulty, however, I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I would gladly give the game a perfect 10 if it included a hard-copy or printable manual including nice reference cards for player combos and special moves and a good online matchmaking system that takes skill and connection speed into account to kind of shield players from getting into very one-sided matches unintentionally.
  34. Jul 27, 2013
    Last time i've played MK, it was MK3 in the arcades waaaaay back in 1995. MK3 was really, really bad. it looked rushed-to-arcade work, floating limps and uninspired and boring fatalities, thus ending my passion towards Mortal Kombat:(. oh, sure there was MK games after that, but the damage was done. fast-forward to today MK 2011 was released to PC and on special on steam, so i got it and it looked AWESOME! the story, the fighting mechanics, the unlockables, online play, the fatalities. All outstanding. I am once again after a 18 year absence. a mortal kombat fan:) Expand
  35. Jul 6, 2013
    F***ING FINALLY!!! I was waiting for so long, and now my patience paid back!!!!!
    however they really need to do somesthing about multiplayer, its a bit laggy
  36. Aug 17, 2013
    So many childhood memories come back! If you ever played the older version you will surely enjoy this one. Maybe it isn't the best fighting game of all times, but definitely it is the best on pc. Highly recommended.
  37. Aug 2, 2013
    OMG!!!! That game is AMAZING!!!! That is the better Mortal kombat ever!!!! The Story mode is simply WONDERFULL, tons of fighter and great graphics!!

FINISH HIM BRO!
  38. Jul 14, 2013
    So, the circle is complete and stray series are back to PC after quite a while.
    The game itself is good, although it's quite demanding with hardware performance and online connection: should you or your opponent have issues with one of those, it becomes hard to enjoy the game. However, once you deal with those problems, you're set for some good times.

Drawbacks of the game itself are
    minor, but there are some thing that could be done better, especially about handling performance issues. For example, the game could use hardware check-up for online play or existing visual options available via codes should've been brought into options (foreground objects, blood etc.).

Another issue is that we can probably expect no support via patches at this point and thus no balance tweaks (which wouldn't be crucial though).

Everything else is very solid, and I'd say welcome back, MK!
  39. Jul 15, 2013
    This game is AWESOME!

I mean we all agree that MK games are awesome but I've never seen a PC port so smooth before! Graphics are really good and works without any problems. The only problem I had was a little frame drop at the beginnings of each cut scene but other than that, it works flawless. Also the quality of cut scenes are ridiculous.

But we all know that input management is
    far more important than graphics in a fighting game but the game managed to surprise me with it's lagless input management. All combos work great as if I'm playing this game in a console. Trust me on this: you will be playing this game A LOT!

P.S.: It is also a great way to decide on who will do the dishes next if you are a student with roommates
  40. Aug 13, 2013
    I don't need to emphasize why Mortal Kombat is great other to die hard Street Fighter fans. The most important thing is that you can amp up the textures to have all the Kombat ladies' tatas at the most desirable resolution known to man. Plus pulling off combos and special moves are much easier with a keyboard, given you can have more accurate and quick input of moves (3 fingers vs 1 thumb on controller). It makes the game that much more enjoyable and fatalities that much more realistic to pull off. Collapse
  41. Jul 26, 2013
    Best fighting game i've played in a long long while. Great port. Great flow. Great Story. Amazingly yes, great story for a fighting game. The fights come in the middle of the story and they don't feel forced, they just happen during the story. Graphics are very nice.
  42. Jul 28, 2013
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition with K...
    An excellent fighting option (Konsidering that there are not as many options for pc as there are for konsoles) with incredible graphics, effekts and gameplay, the story mode is good and it will have you playing for hours, besides there are many single player challenges, komprehensive tutorials and the character roster is large.
    You kan play it
    with a xbox kontroller without lag just as if you were playing on a konsole. Graphic konfiguration is awesome and the game will run smoothly and looking great!! (assuming you meet the requirements). A little warning: the game is full of blood and gore as usual, but if you are ok with that it is a very komplete game (it includes all the dlcs that kame out for xbox and ps3) and it's worth playing if you like fighting games.The game launched with a very nice price tag konsidering everything it includes... now its time to play! Fatality! yeah! ^.^ Expand
  43. Aug 10, 2013
    Extremely GREAT PC port of Mortal Kombat 9!

Very satisfied with quality of the PC version. PC is the truth, and truly the best console D

Keep up the good work NRS!!
  44. Jan 6, 2014
    MK is back with the vengeance! Or is it? Although this one is universally hailed as the game that revived the franchise, it's still light years behind its bitter rival Street Fighter. As it was the case with Midway before, NRS follows the same principle of slacking off. Let's break it down...
    First of all, the graphics: Seem outdated. I noticed everyone praising the smoothness of the
    gameplay... Well no wonder! With gfx like these, the game should run flawlessly even on older machines! Furthermore, the models are extremely poorly executed, often anatomically incorrect, and I'm not talking about some minor flaws (for reference examine Liu Kang). It's also worth noting that all of the female model templates are exactly the same, a trait shared with at least 10+ male model templates. On the bright side, the backgrounds are really nice.
    Second online play: to summarize in one word garbage! Moving on...
    Third gameplay mechanics: What becomes obvious to anyone who played previous entries in the series is that, despite everything what developers say, the game engine is nothing new. It is polished, reworked so that the fights take place in 2D plane, but, in fact, it dates way back... Perhaps even all the way to Deadly Alliance.
    Fourth: there seems to be a serious balance issue, but this is not Street Fighter and it never was, so who cares?
    Fifth the story: IMO horrible! Back to the future knock off with plenty of plot holes and a truckload of inconsistencies regarding the original timeline. Frankly, I think that the dream match would be a far better solution.
    All in all, strip fatalities from the experience and you're left with a mediocre fighting game that has already paved its way to the oblivion. Fun to play with a friend for a couple of days, perform finishing moves but that's about it.
  45. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is fun to play in general, but it has a number of serious problems. First, it's easy to make your way through the entire game simply using the basic "throw" maneuver over and over again on every opponent. Works like a charm. Second, the game dynamics are completely broken when you meet Shao Khan. In order to make him "tough", the game cheats, violating every rule in the book. He is unthrowable, has unblockable attacks, can "stun" you, freezing your movement and controller, even without hitting you, just after you launch a successful attack on him. Basically, you have to use glitch cheating to kill him or slowly pound away by leaping in and out with uppercuts. Tedious, not fun and ridiculous - making an overpowered, invincible super-AI boss is not making a good challenge - it's an easy, lazy way out, and the game designers ought to be ashamed. If you get easily frustrated, I would avoid this game for this reason alone. Finally, the story just complete crap: none of the fights matter to the "plot"|, because none of the bad guys you defeat ever stay dead, and even the final defeat is revealed to be completely meaningless and a pointless "victory". Great story telling, guys. Really worth it. In short, this game has some fun to be had and decent mechanics, but could be much better balanced and designed - put some actual thought and development into the story and balance next time, please. It's not that hard to do. Expand
  46. Jul 5, 2013
    This is a lot of fun, and takes the gore to another level. Controls are smooth, graphics are pretty, and lots of options. The story mode is rather dumb, though. For the first time in a while, the amount of game for the price is well worth it. Not many beat-em-up games are on the PC, and this filled the bill for my fill of mindless violence.
  47. Dec 2, 2013
    Absolutely brilliant version of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. I can't compare it to the console versions as I never tried them. But playing it on the PC was very smooth. No problems on the local front, able to play with my family with gamepads and all easily. Visuals looking perfect, fatalities looking awesome and even the story, shockingly for a fighting game was very good. However, multiplayer was a bit broken, even though I rarely like to fight people online (I suck). Other than that, this game is well worth the money and is easily the best Mortal Kombat game in years. Expand
  48. Apr 24, 2014
    The fitting itself is good and single player feels all right. However people don't want to fight against AI right? People want multiplayer and you think MK have it right? Well hell no! It really lags and makes it impossible for pleasant experience. So don't buy I reckon. I did a mistake buying it.
  49. Apr 29, 2014
    One of the best MK games ever and I've played them since MK 1 :)

It has all the desirable characters, great animation and unbelievable fatalities !

It's on PC, too, and I play this a lot against my friends. I'm losing a lot, but it's fun after all :)
  50. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent port with the exception of the online component which is terrible. Matches are laggy, and the game is region locked on steam so you can only see players in your region without changing it through settings region. Moreover, there is a bug where if you have AA on, you can't see players in Online rooms.
  51. Jul 7, 2013
    STORY MODE CUT-SCENE HAS POOR QUALITY.YOU SHOULD LEARN COMBOS AND IF YOU DON'T IT WILL BE THE WORST GAME OF YOUR LIFE.I LIKED TEKKEN SERIES MORE THAN COMBAT.
  52. Jul 21, 2013
    Good If you have a good video card like a GTX 660 ti, the game runs smooth as butter, Uses a lot of older controllers like the Logitech rumble gamepad 2 controller as an alternative if you hate the 360 d-pad to pull off fatalities, looks sharper then the console version but thats about it.

Bad: Just a port of the console version if you havent played it on the console version theres no
    other additional content for the PC version at all. Older video cards like the ATI 6670 runs the game around 30fps to 40fps in 720p not acceptable for fighting games. The Bink Video gives off bad quality render videos in story mode even the sound is horrible when its playing back through your headphones. Almost everything is unlocked for you, so no sign of progression except for story mode and the endings for the ladder matches for each character. Only mostly concept art and the music files are unlocked in the krypt which makes the krypt useless so no additional music videos, trailers or the making videos.

This game is fun playing it locally and the Challenge Tower. I personally dont really play fighting games online even when I use to have the original for PS3 in 2011. The only thing I miss from the PS3 version is Kratos stage fatalities but the new DLC characters that are all unlocked makes it up and also saves me a lot of cash of not purchasing them last year. I would say wait for a steam sale of $19.99 then its worth getting since your not getting any additional Kontent for the PC version or any major graphic enhancement except seeing it more sharper with AA at true 1080p or higher resolution. Fun game overall.

This would of been a 9 for an extra exclusive character or more content then just all the DLC. Like more video content like in MK Armageddon. Behind the scenes would of been nice unlocked. The Shadow Trailer with Disturbed

I would of given a 10 if they made the graphics a bit more enhanced with the unreal engine like they did with Gears of War compare to the console version. Some more color or light rays would be nice
  53. Sep 6, 2014
    Seri terbaik mortal kombal yang pernah dibuat dan tentu saja game ini merupakan game fighting terbaik yang pernah saya main, semua karakter sangat bagus pada mortal kombal kali ini.
  54. Oct 16, 2013
    Good port. Really fun game. It brings newer gen graphics along with the old Mortal Kombat feel. Best fighting game I've seen on PC so far. If you like the old MK you will like this just as much.
  55. Dec 7, 2013
    What a gem! This is by far the best fighting game I ever played.

There's not much to say about this game, everything is near perfect, could it be better? Well, in the world of programming everything can be better, but, for now, this game is a full 10 on my book.

Very good graphics, smooth animations, amazing character design, great singleplayer campaign, making multiplayer work is as
    easy as plugin in a USB gamepad and you are ready to go.

I didn't see this coming, not from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, congratulations to all involved in creating this game, it's a masterpiece.
  56. Jan 2, 2014
    This game feels at home on the PC. Rather than a guess of optimal settings it actually tests your setup through all modes to give the fastest settings. I'm running this at 60 FPS steady on an underpowered AMD A8, no PCI card, at 1360x768. (Obviously the lowest settings, but I felt happy that the game tried to help me out.). It also did not automatically assume that I was using an xbox controller nor was it confused by 2 non-xbox controllers (unlike street fighter 4).
    The gameplay is tight and it was easy to be sucked into the game without distracting flaws. There is a lot of polish on this game.
    The training mode is fantastic for learning curves. Not just move lists, but limb highlights and visual cues to aid in memorizing, button history, and hit info.
    There are unlockables but they dont go crazy by having you unlock each character bio and character gallery (Lazy unlockables).
    There is nothing missing in this game. The franchise is saved.

Oh, and there is a tremendous amount of blood and gore.

I gave it a nine because I have some personal gripes with character design. DD cups on fighter girls just doesn't do it for me. Super size breasts? meh. Muscular women? Perfectly fine. Put them together.....it's disturbing.

Note: I can say nothing about online multiplayer, since I am outside the country right now and I can't even get a stable skype connection with friends. But I will say that it doesn't have GFWL; which an auto-win.
  57. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is awesome there is great graphics with a beautiful complex storyline where you play as lots of characters this realities back to the earlier games....... They game also has brutal fatalities which are different for different characters. The game has lots of cool secrets like baby shoa khan baby goro and baby kintaro

Also for all the people who think shoa khan is to hard get
    over it if your that bad go on a different level
    Like seriously some people say they tags are bad but they a great with the tag combos that can afflict good damage and are fast and easy to use............. This existing awesome game also has other great secrets but I will let u find them out for yourself another great thing for the guys is all the girls are super hot except for Sheva............ One of the other great things is the different fighting styles for every character even with basic moves like uppercuts............ Like reptiles uppercut is an open hand instead of a punch like other people like Johnny cage......... there is even super cool stories at the end of the ladder not just the campaign.......... Another great thing is for the people who played the first game on the saga or in an arcade there is costumes from MK1, MK2, and MK3 also for almost every character there is a secondary or third costume for them......... Tip of advice the costume 2 and 3 are always cooler then the original

Honestly if you like mortal kombat and you don't have it then

GET IT ITS INSANELY COOL AND ONE OF THE BEST MK GAMES I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  58. Apr 28, 2014
    Very fun and competitive.I loved all of the features they provided after beating story mode. The only thing that's bad about is that there aren't unlockables. Remember the times you looked online for krpyts that had alternative costumes. Well they're DLC. I missed unlocking stuff. Best fighting game of 2012 hands down.
  59. Jul 2, 2014
    The console cheats when fighting against computer. It's clear that the fighter get's disabled for couple of seconds and they don't do anything. When I tried to kick shao khan's ass with cyrax he couldn't reach him even if he was right in front of him and Shao Khan was able to do all of his combos faster than usual. This is a cheating game. And it doesn't function properly!
  60. Aug 13, 2013

1. Jan 20, 2014
    The online experience could be better, especially with such a small community, but the game is solid enough in other areas that it is easily one of the better fighting games for the platform and worth checking out.
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    The PC’s Komplete Edition is the best way to experience this game, technically. A modest gaming machine can run it with a nice smooth framerate and settings set high. The game has never looked more detailed and crisp, and timing your movements feels a little easier with the improved performance.
  3. Sep 13, 2013
    A solid fighting game mired in its own questionable presentation. Superseded since its console launch.