5.9

1. BrandonP.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I cant believe people badmouth this game, it was what made using my computer worthwhile. i could have paid 20 a month, its not about the money at all. those people who dont like payin are obviously dorks who watched fast and the queerious 1 too many times. sorry girls no hondas here just the things this country loves, speed, power, and noise.
  2. WilliamW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    This game was a good game till you took it off of the net. I enjoyed playing this game every night after work.
  3. HaroldR.
    Jan 8, 2002
    As an Online-only game, I think it does really well. Don't know what Mark J.'s problem is, but he's not describing the game expeirence I'm having. I play MCO to race, chat with my buds, and tune my car - all of which it does a great job with. Get this one!
  4. JeWeT.
    Feb 23, 2002
    It's great... but there should be more cars in there. Really nice to just build whatever you want. In real life I have only money and room for just one nice car.
  5. GandalfW.
    Feb 9, 2002
    Excellent game, great cars and realistic physics. The only drawback is the game has no offline capability. Apparently Mark J. is no racer or has a personal problem with EA sports.
  6. B.G.
    Jul 3, 2002
    This game sucks because people cheat so often that for every game of four racers it is likely that two of them will be cheating. cheating in this game will cost you money, points, and most importantly fun of racing. the game will soon loose the interest of even the largest pc geeks and EA will realize that somewhere along the lines somebody screwed.
  7. BeauxN.
    Jul 5, 2002
    This is game is so sweet because you can buy and build real cars from real parts, and depending on how well you build it, it shows it on the race track.
  8. PaulD.
    Aug 6, 2002
    Junk , You can't pratice offline , 10 buck a month to play ., read the the very fine next time ,What was EA thinking ... useless game!
  9. JamesL.
    Feb 22, 2003
    I have 3 words for u buy this game.....then join real muscle.
  10. HenryC.
    Apr 15, 2003
    I don't have to explain, everybody knows what we got into, "RIP-OFF"
  11. RacerX
    Jul 17, 2006
    This game used to be the funnest online game out there. Since EA pulled the carpet from under all us MCO fans, It's hard to trust in anything they make now. EA is full of inconsistancy, but this game made it fun to compete and show your stuff. I miss this game and all its fun times.
  12. Bioxide
    Oct 14, 2002
    This Game is Awsome and has a great following and community these ppl that think that is sucks b/c you have to pay probably have poor inet connections and don't play many racing games anyway. For the "real" racer this game rocks!!!!
  13. TeNebroSo
    Dec 4, 2002
    MCO is very stable and addictive, the only that lets you build your engines and then try it against others. There are drag, street and circuit races, where you can compete in classes divided by power and type of cars, or the unlimited class. Unlike some people say there is no cheat, and if you cannot afford 10 bucks every month, you really need to get a job.
  14. John
    May 25, 2002
    Good game but too much cheating, I guess if you can't do it right then cheat!!!!
  15. Jay
    Jul 22, 2002
    This is a very addictive MMORG racing game centered around classic American Muscle. It is one of the best balanced racing games you will find on the market today.
  16. XYPHR
    Aug 19, 2002
    I just bought this game thinking it was pretty cool. What I DIDN'T think was pretty cool was the overlooked print about ONLY PLAYABLE ONLINE. Since I can not possibly have an internet connection right now (no phone line into apartment), I CAN NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME I PAID FOR. And to top it all off, if I DID have the internet, I'd HAVE to PAY $120 a YEAR for EVERY YEAR I WANT TO I just bought this game thinking it was pretty cool. What I DIDN'T think was pretty cool was the overlooked print about ONLY PLAYABLE ONLINE. Since I can not possibly have an internet connection right now (no phone line into apartment), I CAN NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME I PAID FOR. And to top it all off, if I DID have the internet, I'd HAVE to PAY $120 a YEAR for EVERY YEAR I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME I ALREADY PAID FOR. This gamer money-trap is certainly NOT the way I do business, and my regret for owning this game, besides not being able to even play it, is that I actually paid money for it!!! I give it a ZERO because I CAN'T RATE A GAME I CAN'T PLAY. But I might come back and rate this game nicely when I hack it to play on MY PERSONAL NETWORK.. heh heh heh.. Expand
  17. AndrewM.
    May 20, 2003
    THIS GAME IS THE BEST!
  18. JustinS.
    Jan 29, 2004
    It was a great game, until EA shut down the servers. Now it's unplayable!
  19. MarkS.
    Jan 22, 2006
    This isn't a game anymore, it's just an expensive coaster. You cannot play it offline and the servers are long gone so don't let anyone try to sell it to you. It doesn't do anything.
  20. RalphS.
    Dec 13, 2001
    This game is so cool. Online racing at it's best. High reccomendations- the community is cool as well. A great gift idea.
  21. JimB.
    Dec 11, 2002
    This game truly rocks.
  22. W.J.
    Feb 19, 2002
    Before I plop down $40.00 on a game that has absolutely no stand alone play, I'd think that EA Sports would offer a demo download with a month of play so that I can see if the game will hold my interest. Currently, if I buy it and hate it, then I am out the cash and have a new coaster (a useless cd).
  23. TurtleTurtle
    Apr 21, 2002
    im not sure as i havent played it yet. i dont want to pay for it and then find it boring. I've looked everywhere for a demo and cant find one at all!! a demo would be a good idea so people can see if its worth the money or not!!
  24. WesslyP.
    Jul 17, 2002
    I play this game, I love cars and what not but the customer sevice and the way this game is run is horrible, EA can do better if they would listen to the suggestions of the PAYING customers, yeah that's right folks we have to pay to play, bogus!
  25. PaulY.
    Aug 27, 2002
    Waiting for auctions to end takes too long i dunno about yall but 24 hours is a long time to wait for a car auction its a good game all together but i just dont have the time or the patience to wait 24 hours or more for a car or to get out bid.
  26. TannerS.
    Sep 12, 2002
    It realy sucks and if i were giving it a grade in school it would be an f--
  27. Brian
    Dec 26, 2003
    May have been a great game and all, but you have to pay for the game, and monthly for a subscription, and the worst of all is that EA ended the service months ago. What's the point of owning if you can't play?
  28. GregB.
    Jul 29, 2003
    This is the BEST ***Racing*** game i have ever played.
  29. BenJ.
    Jul 14, 2005
    It had problems, but it also attmepted to do something that hasn't been attempted before or since. This game turned me from a casual gamer into a hardcore gamer.
  30. MarkJ.
    Dec 19, 2001
    Bad tech support, crappy graphics, and Online only.. As one of the first beta testers to play the game, I advise against buying it. It is not release quality software, and EA is testing on those poor fools who have bought it. 1 month free, then $10 a month to play it after spending up to $45 for the game. Lots of cheating, poor hardware support, idiot Techs, and a slow, confusing Bad tech support, crappy graphics, and Online only.. As one of the first beta testers to play the game, I advise against buying it. It is not release quality software, and EA is testing on those poor fools who have bought it. 1 month free, then $10 a month to play it after spending up to $45 for the game. Lots of cheating, poor hardware support, idiot Techs, and a slow, confusing interface. Whoever rated MCO at 81 must be getting kickbacks. The smart money concitering EA's track record is to wait a year and see if the servers are even running anymore, not to mention, see if the players have fixed all of the bugs. EA sure as hell can do it.... Expand
  31. JohnB.
    Dec 26, 2002
    It takes a life time to update and you have to pay for the game twice. the game and ea.com(every month).

1. If you're into racing and, perhaps more importantly, into trying to find bargains to squeeze more horsepower or handling out of a custom-built ride, you'll probably find it easy to look past MCO's shortcomings and immerse yourself in its wild, weird world.
    In a move that shows the team’s dedication to the project, the game sees a slew of updates, even though the game is nearly a year old...The game runs beautifully with the only negatives coming in the obvious lag issues that tend to plague online games.
    Only racing game freaks are really going to want to shell the monthly fee out for this one and there aren't nearly as many of those as there are RPG or FPS freaks. And this isn't even one of the better racing games I've played.