8.0

1. Jun 24, 2012
    I have played many,many games of many different genres but this is one of rare games that made me feel like part of something part of well organised system..not just random rambo action. If you join a regiment (something like a clan) and attend regiment battles ..you will be amazed like battle recreations of 18th century. this is money best spent on a game in last 2 years and belive me iI have played many,many games of many different genres but this is one of rare games that made me feel like part of something part of well organised system..not just random rambo action. If you join a regiment (something like a clan) and attend regiment battles ..you will be amazed like battle recreations of 18th century. this is money best spent on a game in last 2 years and belive me i bought many games Expand
  2. Jun 8, 2012
    I've been a fan of Mount & Blade for years and I have to admit that I was not a fan of Mount and Musket, the game felt too clunky, the player-base too elite and I found it more frustrating than fun.. These were also my initial impressions when I first loaded up NW, though after a few weeks of playing I have to say that I couldn't have been more wrong in my opinion. The game's mainI've been a fan of Mount & Blade for years and I have to admit that I was not a fan of Mount and Musket, the game felt too clunky, the player-base too elite and I found it more frustrating than fun.. These were also my initial impressions when I first loaded up NW, though after a few weeks of playing I have to say that I couldn't have been more wrong in my opinion. The game's main strengths are in it's organised play, whether it is playing a lowly private in an epic 200 person line battle or playing with a small group of friends together on a public server, it is really like no other game. Though some elements still need work on, moving around and melee can still feel like driving a shopping cart at times (though vastly improved on MM). The inclusion of such elements as Cannons, Buffs and Constructable defences adds many new layers to the game, I highly recommend this game for anyone interested in good multiplayer teamplay. Expand
  3. Aug 22, 2012
    Despite what it may seem, NW actually feels like a proper expansion rather than a mere re-skin of Warband. Acting more like a self-contained game, Napoleonic feels much more smoother than Warband and creates some epic battles as small groups of soldiers attempt to push their way through gun and cannon-fire to reach besieged castles and forts. However, while the battles are epic and feelDespite what it may seem, NW actually feels like a proper expansion rather than a mere re-skin of Warband. Acting more like a self-contained game, Napoleonic feels much more smoother than Warband and creates some epic battles as small groups of soldiers attempt to push their way through gun and cannon-fire to reach besieged castles and forts. However, while the battles are epic and feel much more organic than Warband, some of the frustrations of that game are still carried over. You can still die with one hit from a blade which disrupts the flow somewhat and balance issues exist. Don't let either of these put you off though, Napoleonic Wars is a fantastic expansion that expands on the base game rather than raking in the cash for a few small features. Well worth it. Expand
  4. Jul 14, 2012
    This game is great, best decision of my life to buy it for such a cheap price off steam! Thanks to the devs of the game for making such a great game!
  5. Jul 31, 2012
    Previously i said this game was boring, but i simply spoke too soon. Playing public games is very repetetive due to lack of cooperation. Line battles are the real drive of the game, and are endlessly fun. This is a MUST buy.
  6. Jul 14, 2012
    This game is simply one of the greatest DLC's I've ever bought for any game in my history of pc and console gaming. This game has good graphics, great sound, great content, and a great organized community. The servers, like any Mount and Blade game can hold up to 200 something people. You probably have a lack of sleep within the first few days of your purchase.
  7. Dec 2, 2012
    The servers are constantly lagging, melee combat is choppy and imprecise, your gun is inaccurate as hell more than 5 feet away and is faster to scavenge a new weapon than reload, the physics are crude, the maps have no weight and the sound has much to be desired. The maps are so large you will spend half the game running back to where a random bullet killed you, most classes are pointless,The servers are constantly lagging, melee combat is choppy and imprecise, your gun is inaccurate as hell more than 5 feet away and is faster to scavenge a new weapon than reload, the physics are crude, the maps have no weight and the sound has much to be desired. The maps are so large you will spend half the game running back to where a random bullet killed you, most classes are pointless, and cavalry has the steepest learning curve of any game I have ever played.

You will hate this game when you first play, and the feeling will never go away. As of writing I have played 18 hours during the last week and I love this game with all my heart. The gameplay should be frustrating to the point of being unplayable, but it is the most fun I remember having in a long while. There are so many game modes to choose from and so many ways to play, but you NEED to check it out. The community is wonderful, there are always games and I get totally immersed in the game. Sure, I shout expletives every now and then when I get hit and lose my last (or only) life, but then I'll snap off a quick shot and jump for joy when I score a kill. I once spent an entire siege battle walking towards the enemy walls playing the fife or advancing with my hands up in surrender and died time and time again. I ended up 1-22, and I had an absolute blast.

This game should be the worst design in modern memory, but it is stellar and enjoyable. The first few rounds will be an exercise in patience, but once you get the hang of it, you'll come to love this unique gold-encrusted turd.
  8. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is a blast when playing with real life friends over ventrilo or other voice chat programs. For some reason me and my friends have the most fun team killing one another or just killing each others horses at the beginning of the round. Got this on Steam when it wasn't even on sale, and I regret nothing. 10/10
  9. May 27, 2012
    First of all I like the inaccuracy of the gun and the limited range of projectile, which made skill a more secondary element of the game. Second I like the flute, drum morale boosting system. Finally, the greatest feature is breakable structure.

I think in fire and sword, you can pick up one rilfe and have another rifle on the back. Then it gives you faster shooting speed, but slower reload rate because you have more guns to reload. Also I hate the fact that reload require player to sit still which doesn't make sense.
  10. Jul 5, 2012
    A must have game for those enjoy historical gaming. The game boasts a clan system (known as regiments) where you partake in organized combat, using teamwork to win alongside people you will eventually develop connections to as you fight alongside them. Given a weapon that takes 30 seconds to reload and that fires an incredibly inaccurate shot you are required to depend upon skill andA must have game for those enjoy historical gaming. The game boasts a clan system (known as regiments) where you partake in organized combat, using teamwork to win alongside people you will eventually develop connections to as you fight alongside them. Given a weapon that takes 30 seconds to reload and that fires an incredibly inaccurate shot you are required to depend upon skill and strategy to survive. This builds a tense atmosphere where teamwork is key to winning ,whether you're in a line of soldiers on an open plain or an artillery team besieging a fortress. Buy if you enjoy team-based combat or simply enjoy games that use historical themes. Expand
  11. Nov 27, 2012
    Fantastic addition to the game. The multiplayer that shipped with the game was boring to say the least, which is of course why the original Mount and Musket mod became popular. I do find it appalling that the brass over at Paradox and Taleworlds thought it was appropriate to charge for this when it'd been previously available for free as a mod, albeit with a little less polish. But thatFantastic addition to the game. The multiplayer that shipped with the game was boring to say the least, which is of course why the original Mount and Musket mod became popular. I do find it appalling that the brass over at Paradox and Taleworlds thought it was appropriate to charge for this when it'd been previously available for free as a mod, albeit with a little less polish. But that doesn't detract from the fact that it's a great piece of DLC. Probably the first piece of DLC in quite a while that I'd advocate buying. Expand
  12. Jul 17, 2012
    Fantastic. I can't even begin to describe how much I love this game. My favorite reviewer can expand on why this game will rock your socks: http://www.gainsense.com/2012/06/mount-and-blade-warband-napoleonic-wars.html
  13. Dec 25, 2012
    Ever played a total war game? Ever wanted to play as a single soldier in a battle among thousands? The Mount & Blade games will definitely do this for you. Well, not among thousands but the battles are still large and furious. Enter Napoleonic Wars, one of the best and most challenging multiplayer games you will find anywhere and at a low price. Musket gameplay is a surprising treat. ThereEver played a total war game? Ever wanted to play as a single soldier in a battle among thousands? The Mount & Blade games will definitely do this for you. Well, not among thousands but the battles are still large and furious. Enter Napoleonic Wars, one of the best and most challenging multiplayer games you will find anywhere and at a low price. Musket gameplay is a surprising treat. There is definitely a certain charm behind being immobilized reloading a single, very inaccurate shot for several seconds firing that shot, then doing it all over again. Having lots of ways to play as pike men, infantry, artillery, cavalry, flag bearers and even musicians you will never fall short of options. With up to 200 peoples per server a concern may be lag, especially for Australians. But don't worry, lag is minimal even with highly populated servers. You will have to start leading shots and relying on luck in melee. But its still amazing fun. There are Australians servers here so don't worry! Graphically the game is basic but manageable. If you're and animation fanatic this game wont do you justice either. Despite that the game is an absolute blast to play regardless of the look. When it comes to value this game is a diamond. All you need is Mount and Blade Warband with the Napoleonic Wars expansion which will run you a total or $15. Less that $10 when on sale! I am giving Napoleonic Wars a 10/10. There isn't a single flaw in this game. It is balanced to perfection and plays well and smooth. Do yourself a favor and pick this bad boy up! Expand
  14. Mar 13, 2013
    Great DLC. So much content and great mods. One of the best game communities there are. Hardly no trolls in contrast to other games. If you own Warband you should get this and if you dont own Warband you should get it just to play this.
  15. Sep 27, 2013
    An excellent mod commercially distributed for the Mount & Blade: Warband game is brutal and full of vivid wars of the Napoleonic era. All of you tacticians, strategists, artillerists and even sharpshooters, you must rejoice because it's a great gaming piece that's been obviously made by people, who love it, understand it and who know its players.
  16. Aug 3, 2014
    This is the greatest DLC I've ever bought for a game, I absolutely love It!!! brings a whole new aspect to Mount & Blade as the regiment vs regiment have just gotten 10 times better, and maps Included on the DLC are amazing.
  17. Feb 17, 2015
    I'm the worst at this game. I've played at least 100 + hours on this game and I haven't really improved. That doesn't matter though because Napoleonic Wars is the funnest multiplayer experience I've ever had and afters days worth of time spent playing it, it continues to delight.

1. Mount & Blade game system has been successfully adapted to Napoleon era. Guns, uniforms and other equipment from that era are nicely portrayed as well. The Game has a low price and that too is another plus.
  2. Aug 6, 2012
  3. May 24, 2012
    Don't trust the bad first impression. Napoleonic Wars is not a re-skinned version of Mount & Blade, but a self-contained game. Give it a chance, if you're interested in the 19th century history.