7.4

1. Jun 21, 2016
    A game without much game.

This is essentially an interactive story. And interactive in a way that you just can't get it wrong. You are murdered detective trying to solve the mystery of your own death in a little town called Salem. So let's start with the story itself then. It's a descent story as best. It's nothing spectacular, has some twists but it does not make you hold your
    A game without much game.

So let's start with the story itself then. It's a descent story as best. It's nothing spectacular, has some twists but it does not make you hold your breath. You don't specially feel attached to the main character and the narration is clunky at times.

The graphics, the voice acting and general quality is really good. Shame that the whole game falls short on the rest.

The game mechanics are rather boring and come down to connecting clues with each other to progress the story. But getting them wrong does not cause any fail state of the game, and the overall success is never displayed somewhere at the end of the game. The other part of the game that forced some interaction was getting past demons, which could only be killed by QTE if you managed to get behind them. This part of the game felt annoying and tedious but happened so rarely you can't complain much.

The whole game forces you to follow one single path, and there is no room for exploration. Really linear experience.

The game is fairly short - around 10 hours and that's quite enough.

Would I recommend it - probably not - though I did get through it and did not felt forced to do so. If you're ok in treating it as a story then you might like it. If you want a game - look somewhere else.
  2. Jun 8, 2016
    Very boring game. At the beginning it was interesting, but, after a while, the game mechanics were the same all the time. For me it was completely easy to finish this game (there is no difficulty anywhere), and, in my opinion, the story is totally absurd. I would not recommend this game even to my worst enemies.
  3. May 13, 2016
    Ronan is a criminal-turned-cop who is killed by the mysterious Bell Killer. Playing as Ronan's ghost, investigate a series of crime scenes (sometimes with the help of teenage medium Joy), searching for identity of the killer. Many supernatural elements come into play – ghosts, witches, demons – and some flashbacks of the witch trials are pretty gruesome (drowning, burning, hanging).

As

As the investigation progresses, you'll explore a graveyard, an apartment house, an old mansion, a police station and of course the obligatory asylum level. While the game world is small, it is open, with the ability to just wander around the town of Salem. It's a gloomy place – the game occurs entirely at night – but is well-dotted with NPCs and collectibles. Obtaining collectibles can unlock other stories (usually brief, narrated cut-scenes), and some NPCs will provide side-missions. There's a decent amount of stuff to do, but most collectibles were easily found as I explored the town or a level.

Investigations require exploring a a crime scene, finding evidence (“Press E to analyze”) and sorting through the collected evidence (“Press Q to conclude the investigation”). Walking (or later, teleporting) around as a ghost feels fun; Ronan can walk through walls, possess people (mind-reading), and turn on random stuff to mess with the townsfolk (poltergeisting). Especially cool were the impenetrable “ghost walls” from past times that can block Ronan from exploring – or even provide new hazards (watch out for the ghost train!). Oh, and you can possess cats, too. This is actually crucial to progress through several stages of the game.

The demon sections, though, dragged the experience down a bit. Demons will sometimes spawn after completing an investigation. Their existence does have a crucial part to play, and they're easy enough to defeat with a little patience. Given that this is a supernatural tale, it would be rather weird if demons of some kind weren't in the game, and having some stealth sections added some variety to the gameplay. But after a while the demons became annoying distractions from the story.

And the narrative is where Murdered: Soul Suspect stands strongest. There is a lot of backstory to be found about Ronan and his wife (via collectibles). Sometimes collectibles in games are merely annoying, but they are worth pursuing here. Jason Brooks (as Ronan) and Cassidy Lehrman (as the medium, Joy) provide stand-out vocal performances. The graphics (Unreal 3) are great – murky and dark. Jason Graves' score provides a classic horror-story undertone. Murdered: Soul Suspect is a well-crafted detective game with a few quirks that holds its story aloft as its best attribute.
  4. Mar 8, 2016
    It has a great beginning and good graphics, even the investigations are fine but i didn't like the demons' game. I was expecting an investigating game where you can't die.
  5. Feb 11, 2016
    After I started it, I found myself in a simple but wonderful little game of hide and seek, of detectivism and a great setup. I wonder why so many bigger titles fail to have an atmosphere from the very beginning. The lack of texture qualities and some more "ghosts" doesn´t disturb any feelings concerning the big idea behind and the fine game mechanics. This game deserves to be series, aAfter I started it, I found myself in a simple but wonderful little game of hide and seek, of detectivism and a great setup. I wonder why so many bigger titles fail to have an atmosphere from the very beginning. The lack of texture qualities and some more "ghosts" doesn´t disturb any feelings concerning the big idea behind and the fine game mechanics. This game deserves to be series, a movie and of course an amazing collectors edition in part 2. I want that hat ! See you, ...on the other side!! Expand
  6. Feb 3, 2016
    Such a disappointment.
    Such a disappointment.
    Murdered: Soul Suspect may seem like an interesting game at a glance, but in reality, it's one of the most bare-bones games i've played in recent years. The idea of a ghost detective trying to find out the mystery of his own murder is a novel idea, but the gameplay itself is boring. The game consists of you going around and collecting evidence, then bringing them together; maybe fighting a few spirits, but you don't get punished for failing them, so what's the point? Plus, the possession mechanic isn't as effective as you think it would be. Think of it as a more strict version Beyond Two Souls's possession system. The game has a lot going for it, but the gameplay makes it fall short in the end.

Murdered: Soul Suspect gets a 4/10.
  7. Dec 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Posee una historia muy entretenida y original, desde una perspectiva que no ha sido explotada, la historia te atrapa desde el inicio de la mejor forma. ¿a quien no le gustaría descubrir quien fue su asesino? Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I found the game annoying from the first moment. The main character is the stereotypical maverick cop who doesn't play by the rules; the same character we've seen a million times by now. He's not interesting or compelling and I found myself rooting for the antagonist purely because he wasn't the protagonist. They stashed every single cliche into this game as well. And the gameplay is fiddly, too. You can keep clicking the 'talk' button on characters, because some of them have multiple lines, but it will replay the first line when you reach the last, so there's a huge amount of repetition. Most of the characters have nothing interesting to say at all. The walking through walls mechanic is cumbersome because you don't have a map to show you where you have and haven't been. As well as this, some walls are possible to walk through and others are not. There are impassable walls in the middle of buildings for no reason. You will find yourself walking into numerous doors because you can't figure out the bounds of the room.

You're repeatedly expected to find awkwardly placed clues in your levels, but you're not allowed to leave the level until you uncover an arbitrary number of clues. For some reason.

And even though it's a graphically good game, they didn't do much with the technology. The aesthetic is pretty ugly. It's not nice or chilling or atmospheric, just ugly.

And don't get me started on the Salem witch fiasco. Not only do the 'witches' speak in a 21s century american accent, which didn't really exist in the 1600s, but they're actually explicitly linked to witchcraft and ghostery. Even though the salem witch trials were brutal and tragic murders borne out of suspicion, in which many innocent women died, this game decides to insult their deaths. Even though witch craft in the 1600s involved **** on satanic idols and **** the devil, they thought it was a smart thing to include them in this game. As if they weren't murder victims. It's so obnoxiously crass.
  9. Jul 22, 2015
    I gave up after 1 hour ... which is not much, but in this case it covers some 20% of the story. Does the game miraculously improve afterwards? Maybe. I don't know. Pls consider this when (if) you read my review.
    Sad thing is that there is promise in this game. Which is why I bought it. Still, I found that the story is cheesy, conversations uninteresting, choices disturbingly illogical, characters either superficial or simply not credible. My impression was that the game holds your hand and carefzkky navigates you from A to B, during which your only task is to find out based upon what bizarre logic are you expected to play. Moreover, the 'tension parts' with some demons are rather rather pathetic. In nutshell: the game is not totally broken, only not necessarily worthy of the invested hours.
  10. Jul 2, 2015
    The game got me at the beginning. I didn't finish it so I say that it's not enough good to get a 9 or 10 but I will finish it one day! Few glitch but it's impossible to get stuck as you have a "load last check point" option. Play it! You won't regret if you like ghost AND police stories... ;)
  11. Jun 5, 2015
    SCORE: 6.8/10

I'm recommending at sale price. For five dollars, it's worth a play through in 6-7 hours. It is a decent story, better than a decent amount of stuff on TV. Nice twists, good ending. Not spectacular, but pretty good. Graphics are also decent. No Ethan Carter or The Witcher 3, but pretty good. The voice acting is also solid. I've seen worse b-movies for sure.
    SCORE: 6.8/10

Graphics are also decent. No Ethan Carter or The Witcher 3, but pretty good.

The voice acting is also solid. I've seen worse b-movies for sure.

That is kind of this game. Solid, but certainly not spectacular. A fun little romp that is the perfect length for it's story. It doesn't overstay its welcome but I definitely wouldn't replay it either.
  12. May 23, 2015
    It's a great game with a great plot. People that complain about the gameplay don't know how to enjoy a good story, with a great atmosphere. Sure, it haves a lot of problems, but the gameplay is fun sometimes!
    Worth a try
  13. May 1, 2015
    I really wanted to like this game, but I couldn't. The game-play was lame:
    - very linear, only one way to solve a puzzle
    - too completion-ist - you need to get every clue before moving on.

Basically a bunch of cut-scenes with some walking around and finding things between them.
  14. Apr 4, 2015
    Murdered: Soul Suspect had much hype before its release, and that is a possible explanation for the negativity it got eventually on the reviews, as this game didn't really deliver what it claimed to be.
    Still, all in all, this is a nice attempt which I actually quite enjoyed and if the developers wouldn't have promised so much they couldn't deliver, I'd even say wholeheartedly that Murdered:SS doesn't deserve all those low scores.

Now let's see.... Graphics- were pretty awesome. Not the best you'll find around I guess, but they were nice to watch. Not too demanding on the machine and yet aesthetic and pleasent enough. There was also a good amount of details in the different locations in the game fitting well to the environment (graveyard, museum, old mansion etc..). 710 for me folks.

Music&sounds-for such a cinematic game, you'd expect some epic score. Well, that's not exactly the case. The soundtrack of the game felt very lacking, and while I always puts special attention to music in video games, here the music mostly never grabbed my attention. And while the little soundtrack there was didn't sound bad, It was simply repetitive, not memorable, and didn't really contribute much to the game. 410, sadly.

Story & settings - No matter how much a video-game is mediocre (or not), for me, a good story can always save it from being a complete disaster. Here, I enjoyed the story, but then again, it wasn't something too incredible or memorable. I did really like the main characters, though, thought the voice acting was usually pretty good. If you look for the collectibles in-game you get a lot of background-story about the town Salem (in which the story occurs) and about the main hero of the game - Ronan. I found those bits of information to be pretty interesting and a nice addition to the game&story.
    The main story in general, is still somewhat mediocre. Towards the middle of the game there's some sort of a twist and then it gets pretty obvious and predictable until the ending, which, unfortunately, is falling flat. Really, it almost ruined the entire experience for me. 510 - mainly because of the ending (which had a potential but just wasn't done food enough!)

Gameplay - and now we're getting to the meat. The gameplay, which many would find here mediocre as well. Murdered is mainly an adventure game, and it plays much like one. The entire game is built as various investigations you'd have to solve in order to proceed. You may also collect many collectibles which lie around and serve as 'side quests'. It's nice, easy to understand, 'catchy', and sometimes (only sometimes) you have to really open your eyes and pay attention to find all the clues. Which is nice. Unfortunately the whole section of deducting and processong your clues is rather easy and unchallanging.
    There are also some (not many) 'action' sequences where you musy hide from demons and sneak on them... Which is very repetitive, unchallanging, usually not fun and just a waste of time. Seems like the developers just tried to force some stealth into the game. Not cool! 610

In short- a game which looks alright and plays just fine, and suffers from too much unmet-expectations, a somewhat predictable story (which I did enjoy but I know that many would find mediocre and even weak!), and not much length.
    If you're not the kind of person which would hunt down all collectibles and details about the story, you'll meet an easy, short, unchallanging experience which is not necessarily satisfying.

Adventure lovers - don't get me wrong - you may find many moments of joy in this game, like I did.
    There are still some very well-done aspects of the story, in my opinion. Without the disappointing ending I would give this game a 7 and not a 6 (based on my experience, at least)
  15. Mar 10, 2015
    I PLAY THIS GAME // IN MY WAY .. IT IS AWESOME GAME I EVER PLAYED ,, IN HORROR AND AND DETECTIVE WAY
    AWESOME GRAPHIC
    STRIKING TWIST STORY MODE
    NICE CHARACTERISATION
    SOUND EFFECT IS GOOD

U R AWESOME .. I LOVE IT ...10/10
  16. Mar 9, 2015
    An underrated game that provides a good story with a well done atmosphere. The game may be a bit too short though, so get it on a sale. You will enjoy being a ghost detective.
  17. Feb 27, 2015
    I really really wanted to love this game, the premise is amazing, the setting is in a location I grew up near. The voice acting is good, along with the stories that are being told. There was so much promise for this game! Then I played it - and the controls take away any sense of "fun". They are frustrating, over simplistic and just kinda random if they work or not. The demon mechanicI really really wanted to love this game, the premise is amazing, the setting is in a location I grew up near. The voice acting is good, along with the stories that are being told. There was so much promise for this game! Then I played it - and the controls take away any sense of "fun". They are frustrating, over simplistic and just kinda random if they work or not. The demon mechanic feels tacked on, and terribly implemented. No wonder Airtight went under after this pile of crap shipped.

This game feels like you're in an abusive relationship. You want it to work so bad, but it just doesn't, and you end up walking on eggshells all the time because you want to keep it happy but never can.
  18. Feb 19, 2015
    The game is really captivating while you are playing...it is a little bit short but the entire action is very exciting along with his good plot.If you play just following the story then you should be done in about 6 hours and this could be the only negative fact about this title.On the other hand the game has an intense nighttime amtosphere,captivating story and some kind of mystery onThe game is really captivating while you are playing...it is a little bit short but the entire action is very exciting along with his good plot.If you play just following the story then you should be done in about 6 hours and this could be the only negative fact about this title.On the other hand the game has an intense nighttime amtosphere,captivating story and some kind of mystery on every level.Anyway the ghost story has something related to a thing which existed long time ago(has a thing related to reality but I'm not going to make spoilers).To conclude this is not just a simple detective game...is all about the souls trapped in our world because of bad things they have made and in the end you find why and what killed you. Expand
  19. Feb 18, 2015
    A fine Murder mystery game that will have you wondering "who done it" until the end. A good story, decent graphics, and great voice acting made my playthrough surprisingly enjoyable Unfortunately it tries a bit too much to appeal to the casual audience by adding combat which isn't good at all and some relatively pointless mechanics like zooming and sprinting. There are also a plethora ofA fine Murder mystery game that will have you wondering "who done it" until the end. A good story, decent graphics, and great voice acting made my playthrough surprisingly enjoyable Unfortunately it tries a bit too much to appeal to the casual audience by adding combat which isn't good at all and some relatively pointless mechanics like zooming and sprinting. There are also a plethora of performance and other issues but none that I found to be game breaking; just minor annoyances. My biggest gripe is how short the game is. You can easily finish it in 4 hours or less and they try to add time by packing the game full of collectibles so you can learn the backstory to the game. If you enjoy story based games, playing a detective, and can get it on the cheap end, then i'd recommend picking it up. Expand
  20. Feb 9, 2015
    Ultimately flawed, this is an entertaining game that was worth a bargain bin price. Game makers should be encouraged to try new ideas and this was a very unique game concept. However it wasn't a triple-A experience. Basically it's an easter egg hunt in a spooky environment with some asinine demon fighting. It's a slow-burner for sure, but has an interesting story enough to persuade meUltimately flawed, this is an entertaining game that was worth a bargain bin price. Game makers should be encouraged to try new ideas and this was a very unique game concept. However it wasn't a triple-A experience. Basically it's an easter egg hunt in a spooky environment with some asinine demon fighting. It's a slow-burner for sure, but has an interesting story enough to persuade me to see it to the end. But I'm glad I'm done. Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2015
    great visuals, FUN gameplay,good narrative detective noir`/story. Play as the ghost of a murdered detective, walk through walls, possess other people, even play/control cats (!) , play hide & seek with evil demons on different eerie locations, do some side quests or go for the main quest, find secret hidden objects..and a lot more! I really enjoyed the thrilling plot, the cool visualgreat visuals, FUN gameplay,good narrative detective noir`/story. Play as the ghost of a murdered detective, walk through walls, possess other people, even play/control cats (!) , play hide & seek with evil demons on different eerie locations, do some side quests or go for the main quest, find secret hidden objects..and a lot more! I really enjoyed the thrilling plot, the cool visual effects in this game too ! - I`m a bit surprised to see how underrated this game is! (?)
    Length of game-play? : I`ve spent about 16 hours (was looking a lot for secret objects, but going straight forward, I`ll guess about 11-12hours !.
  22. Dec 19, 2014
    I have no idea why this game received so many bad reviews, especially from Metacritic.

I can't disagree with the reviews more. This game delivers an intense storyline good enough for a movie. Combat is minimal with the few exorcisms of demons, but that was appreciated as combat in gaming is very dragged out most of the time. This game is an investigative thriller which keeps the player thinking in an dark, beautifully recreated Salem.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment and the game was short and sweet.
  23. Nov 18, 2014
    Loved it not much to fault...its not perfect but it certainly deserves a better score then alot of the schmucks on here have give it!!! Well worth it its very La Noire to me
  24. Nov 2, 2014
    As a Sci-Fi geek, I Loved it.
    It feels like reading a book or watching a catching TV series, with the suspense building up as you help the main story and side stories progress, through exploration and some LA Noire style clue finding. Great atmosphere, voice acting and sound design. Well worth the price of a good movie, so grab it when it is on sale.
    Gameplay is secondary and limited but
    As a Sci-Fi geek, I Loved it.
    Gameplay is secondary and limited but quite innovative. Demons are quite an annoyance at first but sparse and you'll get the hang of it (key combo) quickly (and checkpoints are close). They are necessary to get you deeply involved with some fear.
    Highly stable on my configuration: only once did I get stuck in a "possession" menu.
    Achievements easy to grab, as it is a rather linear story on small maps.

Major cons: those of a direct console to PC port.
    No keyboard mapping possible (I have a foreign keyboard, so that was dreadful, but I found the "GlovePIE" solution by google-ing "keyboard mapping soul suspect"). And my gamepad was not recognized.
    Once reaching the Museum for the final confrontation, you cannot sort out your missing clues (and achievements) without starting a new game.
    End credit is over 10 mns long and you cannot stop it.
    Just a story, no MP: not much replayability.

In sum, a great experience which I hope Square Enix will renew and improve. Intelligent ghost based games not focused on blowing everything away are scarce. The foundation of this game has a lot of potential.

9/10 for the 12 USD I paid.
  25. Oct 16, 2014
    Si te gustan los juegos estilo NOIR, recomendado, si te gustan los juegos de detectives recomendado, si te gustan los juegos con muchos logros Recomendados, si te gustan los juegos dificiles no lo juegues no presenta gran dificultad, pero si te gustan las historias envolventes con una trama firme y con personajes carismaticos 100% recomendable.
    Algunos contras, el juego es muy caro para
    Algunos contras, el juego es muy caro para lo que dura, y que no tiene rejugabilidad alguna una vez entras al ultimo jefe por asi decirlo no puedes hacer mas que derrotarlo una y otra vez asi que recomiendo que saquen todas las cosas antes de terminar el juego o tendran que volver a jugarlo desde un principio como yo lo voy a tener que hacer.
    En si mi nota seria de 1 a 10 un 7.9 por los dilemas presentados antes... Ojala hicieran una pelicula del juego porque creo que brillaria con mas esplendor
  26. Sep 30, 2014
    This game was exactly my type of game. It plays like a action puzzle game, where remembering what you have learned is important for not only this puzzle but the next. The game is an interactive story that is medium paced. Reading the negative reviews is important before you start, however. One should not expect a fast paced adventure game or that you will be shooting anything (you don'tThis game was exactly my type of game. It plays like a action puzzle game, where remembering what you have learned is important for not only this puzzle but the next. The game is an interactive story that is medium paced. Reading the negative reviews is important before you start, however. One should not expect a fast paced adventure game or that you will be shooting anything (you don't even have a gun). If you play the game expecting what it is (think hard-boiled detective with a never ending cigarette), you won't be disappointed. Expand
  27. Sep 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall Premise: Solve a supernatural mystery murder…your own, in fact.

Graphics and Sound: The cinematic experience looks great in most aspects as do many character models. However, your own character doesn’t look as unique and the surroundings often feature the same bland color palette. The voice-work is pretty spectacular whereas the actually music is minimal and the ambiance sounds convincingly haunting.

Playability and Entertainment: The gameplay isn’t as well-handled as the story itself but it gets the job done. The story offers most of the entertainment as it is an interesting experience and somewhat of a better-quality version of something akin to Deadly Premonition mixed with Heavy Rain.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Overall Score: 7.5/10.0
  28. Sep 20, 2014
    Summary: Murdered: Soul Suspect is a supernatural thriller blended expertly with a gritty detective story. You won't see a lot of action here, but if you would love to take part in unraveling a very well-written story with great characters and entertaining crime-scene investigation mechanics that are neither irrationally obscure nor insultingly obvious then you won't regret letting yourSummary: Murdered: Soul Suspect is a supernatural thriller blended expertly with a gritty detective story. You won't see a lot of action here, but if you would love to take part in unraveling a very well-written story with great characters and entertaining crime-scene investigation mechanics that are neither irrationally obscure nor insultingly obvious then you won't regret letting your trigger finger relax for a few hours while you try to solve the mystery of your own brutal murder.

w helpful
    Recommended
    21.6 hrs on record

Hours of fun: 8 hours (full game + best extras)
    Suggested Retail Value: $20
    Graphics: 8/10
    Voice-acting: 9/10
    Music/SFX: 10/10
    Uniqueness: 8/10
    First Play-through Experience: 10/10
    Replay Value: 4/10

Murdered: Soul Suspect is not an action game. You'll never draw a gun let alone have a shoot out. You won't be pushing blocks to solve puzzles. You won't be leveling up, gaining new equipment, or trying to decide how you want your character to develop as the story plays out. You won't make decisions that change the plot.

I think those are the simple truths that turn a lot of people away, and I can understand how this game is an utter disappointment to anyone who came into it with any of those goals. But if you're looking for something else, something outside of that all-too-common list, then read on.

You play the part of a ghostly detective with nifty abilities that make movement through the world and interacting with technology, the living and the dead all very interesting and in ways that come together to present a style of play wholly unique to the game.
    You'll move through the world in a largely linear fashion, and while exploration will play a key role in progressing through the very well-written narrative it's in seeing that dark, gritty, supernatural detective story unfold that the player truly becomes invested. Or Not. That's the dividing line really. Are you here for the story? If not, you probably won't even finish the game.

The characters will draw you in, and even the "collection" elements of the game (of which there are admittedly many) are used more like pieces of a puzzle that, once finished, have their own enthralling stories to tell. Did you find every ghostly rifle at one location? Well be prepared to hear an audio telling of a great ghost story tied to it. You'll also collect things that are sort of memory remnants: objects and places that enable you to witness the memories and stories of interesting people (your friends and family included) and feel the world come alive even as you draw ever closer to understanding exactly what is going on in the small town of Salem.

The central mechanic of the game is you move around in the scenes with a careful eye for clues, and when you feel you're ready you use the clues you've found (you don't need them all and quite a few are "red herrings) you choose to "solve the crime scene". The visual and auditory cues for each scene's clues are apparent and make sense, though sometimes it can be a little too easy given that if you're a pace away from them and looking in their direction you get a sort of "press button to select it" prompt. Some of the puzzles could have used some less obvious "red herrings" as you'll seldom struggle to answer the questions before your three strikes are up (each scene gives you 3 chances to correctly).

A few samples (without spoilers) of the questions that will need answering:
    - How did they die?
    - Who is responsible for event X?
    - Who is withholding secrets and why?
    - Where did they go?
    - Who do they know?
    - What is missing?
    - Why were they there?

A rushed play through of the main story would take about 5 or 6 hours, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice as a lot of the story is told via discovery of the very well-done collectables. Those wanting to see the whole plot unfold will be looking at roughly 8 or 9 hours. The good news is that's also the same time as a completionist run because, again, they've cleverly tied each collectable to an interesting story, either the main plot or a well written aside.

The game's got a great gritty detective movie atmosphere, a well-written plot, and really establishes the mood of a supernatural thriller. If you like story-driven games, appreciate mystery and logical investigation puzzles, and want to see better developed characters than you'd get in most run-of-the-mill action shooters, then you'll most likely enjoy your time spent playing this game.
  29. Aug 21, 2014
    Not every game has to be extremely challenging. This game is about atmosphere and story and it delivers fairly well. I must also add the game looked and ran beautifully.
  30. Aug 20, 2014
    So many bad reviews all over the Net. I got this game free with my LG monitor. I started it just to get the four cards. To be honest I wanted to alt - tab it, but say, what the heck. I'll give it try... And I soaked into it so badly. The collectibles are so worth finding. Extra stories, small side quest, it's all truly worth finding out. The whole main story is epic for me. Also heardSo many bad reviews all over the Net. I got this game free with my LG monitor. I started it just to get the four cards. To be honest I wanted to alt - tab it, but say, what the heck. I'll give it try... And I soaked into it so badly. The collectibles are so worth finding. Extra stories, small side quest, it's all truly worth finding out. The whole main story is epic for me. Also heard about some technical issues. Not even once I had a problem. Great game! Expand
  31. Aug 16, 2014
    It's a very good game.

It has a dark and mystic atmosphere, with beautiful graphics, and some really exciting features (such as walking through walls, or reading others thoughts). I know, its not much for a full price game in 2014, but hey, i like it anyway. I just like it...
  32. Aug 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Get the Game if you like mysterious games. The game starts with an amazing action. The description of the man is like he is a theif and we play as a soul of our body who finds his murderer. Expand
  33. Aug 7, 2014
    "After reading so many bad reviews, I started to think I had just pre-ordered a flop. But once I started playing, I got pulled into it's great story and fun game-play elements." its like this guy down says.
  34. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is a highly story driven detective game.
    It has a fresh new approach, taking place in a purgatory-like environment between the living and the dead.
    You are Ronan O'Connor, a cop detective with a blemished criminal past, who are killed by a mysterious serial killer, in the small town of Salem. As O'Connors ghost, you set out to find your own killer. Being a ghost has a few
    This game is a highly story driven detective game.
    As O'Connors ghost, you set out to find your own killer.

Being a ghost has a few drawbacks (apart from being dead).
    Those being very restricted to how you can interact with the world around you.
    But it also comes with perks, in form of special powers, that are revealed as the story progresses.
    This makes for interesting gameplay - unfortunately the game doesn't unleash the full potential of it.

While the game has a fresh new take on an old genre, it does, unfortunately, seem unpolished.
    Mouse interactions in menus doesn't always work, and sometimes you run around looking for clues that aren't revealed unless specific actions are taken.
    And while the story is alright, and actually has some genuine historical background to it, the 'mystery' of the plot became clear to me very early on.
    This left me with some frustration, as I always felt ahead of the actual story, which just made the main character seem rather slow in terms of being a detective.

There's a website connected to the game, where you can find maps and keep track of your clues and progress. And to be honest, it just seems like it's made because it's 'the thing to do' at the moment.
    Truth is that alt-tabbing between the game and your browser is just a nuisance, that could have been completely eliminated, by implementing the website features into the main game.

I'd love to give a higher rating, but I just can't justify higher than a 5.
    This game could have been so much more, if given a little more thought to the new type of gameplay, and a more overall polish.
  35. Aug 4, 2014
    This is a decent game that was almost a pretty good game if they would have added one thing: a sound track. There is no music in this game at all... just a bunch of "spooky" sounds for 8 hours or whatever it takes to complete the game.
    At first, I thought the voice acting was bad... but then the voices started to grow on me and I realized that it was just that the dialog was so slow - they just needed to speed up the dialog a bit so it didn't sound like you were listening to a couple of slow drug-heads having a deep philosophical debate.
    One thing I really hated was killing the demons. It was time consuming, and it didn't add anything to the game for me - but then, I don't get much enjoyment out of getting spooked, so maybe that's why I didn't find it a good addition.
  36. Jul 31, 2014
    A decent interactive story with most of the 'gameplay' taking place in your own head. The controls are simplistic and the majority of the game involved wandering around looking for clues or moving through the levels avoiding demons. By no means is this a great game, however it is an entertaining story and a stepping stone for potential improvements to a genre lacking titles in recent years.
  37. Jul 29, 2014
    Excellent and a really great game, good graphics, great story, really is a good choice, i enjoy very much this game.
    I hope so they release a new game using this idea
  38. Jul 19, 2014
    i just finished the game. great story and graphics . its easy to play and fun game-play elements. its worth the money.This game is awesome and sink into the game story so quickly
  39. Jul 7, 2014
    Sim você não leu errado, este Jogo é MUITO bom, tem pontos negativos, mas nada que estrague. Fiquei muito triste da Desenvolvedora ter fechado, muito desleal o mercado dos jogos AAA, já está enojando meia duzia de produtoras controlando o mercado e lançando a mesma porcaria reciclada todo Ano, que o diga Ubisoft e EA.
    Outra questão decepcionante é a avaliação negativa da Crítica, se o
    Outra questão decepcionante é a avaliação negativa da Crítica, se o jogo não é call of duty, assassins creed ou similar já Negativam o jogo. Não acreditem nas críticas oficiais, a maioria é comprada.

Pontos Positivos:
    -O Jogo Inova em vários momentos, jogar como um poltergeist com alguns poderes fantasmagólicos, muito bom.
    -A história é Muito, Muito Boa. Daria um filme bom.
    -Bons Gráficos, boa trilha sonora e efeitos.
    -Poucos bugs.

Pontos Negativos:
    -O Jogo é muito Fácil, bem narrativa. É o tipo de jogo, para mim não é tão negativo.
    -O Jogo é muito Curto, Em 5-7 Horas você fecha.
    -Alto preço dos Jogos AAA, por sorte peguei esta chave em uma promoção 75% off
    -Falta de Suporte em Português.
  40. Jul 1, 2014
    The game is not bad, but not good either, its a playable game, that have a good history until the end, which is really cut short and surprisingly easy. Just looked like they were trying to end the game has soon has possible for the release, the final challenge its not challenging at all, and the ending cutscene is not really loyal to all the of game's development of characters and theirThe game is not bad, but not good either, its a playable game, that have a good history until the end, which is really cut short and surprisingly easy. Just looked like they were trying to end the game has soon has possible for the release, the final challenge its not challenging at all, and the ending cutscene is not really loyal to all the of game's development of characters and their relationships. Expand
  41. Jun 28, 2014
    The "woman on the beach side case" doesn't work proper. The demon handling sucks. Randomized keystrokes to kill a demon? (on PC devices that may not be reliable...sorry, but that was a very stupid idea) Not fun for me! Other parts of the game are cool , but for that annoying demon crap. Not really sure about the rhythm of investigative detective work, but the puzzles seemed a bit "noThe "woman on the beach side case" doesn't work proper. The demon handling sucks. Randomized keystrokes to kill a demon? (on PC devices that may not be reliable...sorry, but that was a very stupid idea) Not fun for me! Other parts of the game are cool , but for that annoying demon crap. Not really sure about the rhythm of investigative detective work, but the puzzles seemed a bit "no -brainer" . The game has potential, but I suspect it was released under pressure... Expand
  42. Jun 28, 2014
    A good game for mysteries fan graphics good gameplay good and fun story is awesome sometimes hard a little bit at the end was hard for me(to much demons) but the game is fine and i love it! it has fine ending and too much mystery
  43. Jun 26, 2014
    If you are a left handed user like the reviewer Galneryus and wish to play this on pc then don't bother unless you happen to have a keyboard which is customizable or a "gaming keyboard" which isn't for typing. The ones that consist of only the basic keys used in gaming, little bigger than a mouse. Alternatively you could probably just use a gaming remote, but I'll concede that there isIf you are a left handed user like the reviewer Galneryus and wish to play this on pc then don't bother unless you happen to have a keyboard which is customizable or a "gaming keyboard" which isn't for typing. The ones that consist of only the basic keys used in gaming, little bigger than a mouse. Alternatively you could probably just use a gaming remote, but I'll concede that there is nothing like the haptic feedback and crisp click of a key. Razor makes at least two of these "gaming keyboards" which only have enough keys for gaming, and the keys are fully programmable. It's an expensive solution, but gaming computers are not the cheap route to start with.
    The real problem with this game is that it was obviously made for nostalgia sake. It does little to advance a genre which all but died out in the 90's. Albeit it for the worst of reasons. The nail in the adventure game coffin was Grim Fandango, which ironically enough was game of the year and remains the gold standard of adventure gaming. What happened was graphics cards bundled fps games which inherently required more on the fly gpu processing to play. Which is the glaring design error of this game as well. The reliance on an engine designed specifically for fps games. When the game is so prescripted you don't need to rely so heavily on physics for more than ambiance. What's more the CRYENGINE would have given them more bang for their computational buck, as graphic scaling is certainly an issue when delving into multiplatform gaming and we are all tired of looking at unreal. everything made with it looks alike. It's one of those games that's going to pretty much look the same on no matter what platform you play it on, so pc isn't necessarily your best option.
    Still it beats the new Tex Murphy game in gameplay and lack of over the top nostalgia, but it's not what it promises to be anymore than LA Noire was. It doesn't break ground. The plot isn't even all that original. It's a modern version of scapeghost and some other games I vaguely recollect.
    This game is short enough to justify renting over buying, unless you happen to share a computer with your girlfriend or it's halfprice on steam. A large part of the problem may simple be that all modern game engines are geared towards first person shooters, due to that industry drive which started with games like half life and thief. Wrong tools for the job? With an engine designed for less on the fly action you could fit a lot more effect and style or even outright realism into a game like this. Instead of using an engine designed for the on the fly tossing of hand grenades into water. The unreal engine is the greenscreen of video games. It's spottable, often corny and sometimes more of a hindrance than anything else. It's the same problem I have with directx vs opengl in many instances. Bad graphics really take your head out of the game.
  44. Jun 19, 2014
    A great game overall. It does have a bit of "Strategic cover syndrome", but even so it's very inventive. It does a really good job of setting a suspenseful theme with music, lighting, and camera effect. In addition, I greatly enjoy the mechanic for performing detective work, as well as the "combat".
  45. Jun 16, 2014
    Удивительная игра который должен пройти каждый кому нравится жанр детектива. Здесь присутствует удивительная атмосфера, герои которым хочется сопереживать, достаточно неплохой геймплей (хотя порой становится скучно в очередной раз убивать призраков, которые не вызывают какой либо опасности). Если вы любитель шутеров под тип CoD или Battlefield и ничего другого вам не нравится, это игра васУдивительная игра который должен пройти каждый кому нравится жанр детектива. Здесь присутствует удивительная атмосфера, герои которым хочется сопереживать, достаточно неплохой геймплей (хотя порой становится скучно в очередной раз убивать призраков, которые не вызывают какой либо опасности). Если вы любитель шутеров под тип CoD или Battlefield и ничего другого вам не нравится, это игра вас также не заинтересует. Expand
  46. Jun 15, 2014
    Very nice production values, nice cinematics, nice voice acting, animations and story.

Unfortunately, there's barely no game. It's simply look at every rooms and collect everything that flashes. Most of the collectables are not even interesting and don't give anything when you get them all. The very few scenes with danger with the demons are more annoying than anything else. A game

A game very good to watch only the cutscenes on Youtube. Don't waste your time completing it to 100% like I did.
  47. Jun 15, 2014
    Decent interactive-novel type game with a fairly set storyline + gameplay path. Certain areas you're 100% locked out of until you complete other parts - can't even explore the areas. If you're one of those people that can't get past "IT'S A STORY" - then take it for what it is: "IT'S A STORY." ( See 'primitive storyline' reviews. What do you expect? Carl Sagan's Cosmos? [ Yes,Decent interactive-novel type game with a fairly set storyline + gameplay path. Certain areas you're 100% locked out of until you complete other parts - can't even explore the areas. If you're one of those people that can't get past "IT'S A STORY" - then take it for what it is: "IT'S A STORY." ( See 'primitive storyline' reviews. What do you expect? Carl Sagan's Cosmos? [ Yes, that's direct jab you people out there calling it 'primitive.' We all know where you're coming from. Pssh. Grow up. ] Some people like stories ... while other people want to read about math & molecules. Go pick up a Linear Algebra textbook or an encyclopedia & read to your heart's content if you simply can't enjoy a story.

Anyway - it has collectibles, some side-stories, and a relatively linear gameplay style. Linear. What's that like - a book or a movie. Interactive movie / novel.

In all seriousness, though - Don't call yourself a GAME if you're not one. Interactive movie type games need to be priced more in the MOVIE price range. $20-30 for something like this, EVERYONE is happy. That would kill a whole load of gripes. Some of those stupid Hollywood hundred-million blockbusters out there - what do you spend, $20 for a garbage 1 hour movie ; how many of these trash movies does this game beat? Plenty. But get the pricing into the realm of where it belongs - where other linear progression forms of entertainment are: books & movies. You've got the same thing going, but on a different format.

So this is handily a solid 7/10 in my books - as a movie. If it were really movie-ish, more of that backstory could have been played out ; too much is skip-able or miss-able. As a "GAME" though - in the style of open world playable with character development & such, I'll give it a 6/10. Story's too linear for me to even call it an all-out game. Square should know better.

When it goes on sale - GET IT. You won't feel burned - I might have been pissed if I paid $60 for an interactive movie. I do feel the pain if you paid a full $60 for it.
  48. Jun 14, 2014
    +++ Pros +++
    1. Interesting idea and story
    2. Voice-over is good 3. 10 levels are ok and interesting (2 of them are rehashed) 4. Graphics are ok on max settings - - - Cons - - - 1. Zero replay value. 2. No Co-op (You spend a lot of time with AI Bot,this could be controlled by second player). 3. Demons encounters are pathetic quick time events random button mashing. 4. Controls are
    +++ Pros +++
    1. Interesting idea and story
    2. Voice-over is good
    3. 10 levels are ok and interesting (2 of them are rehashed)
    4. Graphics are ok on max settings
    - - - Cons - - -
    1. Zero replay value.
    3. Demons encounters are pathetic quick time events random button mashing.
    4. Controls are bad and set (no key bindings).
    5. Walking through walls is very limited (You can only go where developers let you).

This game is not THAT bad as some people say,just rent it or borrow it from a friend or wait for 80% sale.
  49. Jun 14, 2014
    This game is a must buy for all thriller and adventure game lovers.For the others, it's a must get out of your military shooter shell and try something awesome. First the atmosphere of the game is a perfect 10. It is well done and it adds to the game a certain tension that never leaves you even when just walking around.It leaves a good taste in your mouth.The small elements, like readingThis game is a must buy for all thriller and adventure game lovers.For the others, it's a must get out of your military shooter shell and try something awesome. First the atmosphere of the game is a perfect 10. It is well done and it adds to the game a certain tension that never leaves you even when just walking around.It leaves a good taste in your mouth.The small elements, like reading the mind of random people on the street, influencing key character's minds and doing general ghosting feel epic and gives a certain unique flavor to the game, making it feel believable and giving the world life. However, the main attraction of this game are it's story and characters. With a story that keeps you tensioned and interested at every step in the game, with a cool main character and very well written side characters and dialogs, you'll find plenty of reasons to keep playing until the end. To this add the side missions, which are among the most unique and interesting i've ever played.Basically, you'll speak to ghosts which can't move on and do investigations for that matter.The thing is, every single one of them is unique and will get you hooked up in such a way that you'll always search for them in every level.They are not too long to feel boring but not too short to leave you unsatisfied.They are a right step to show how side quests in adventure games should be done. Now, the gameplay itself is solid enough to give satisfaction. You'll be able to walk through walls, influence people's minds, possess people and animals(specifically an incredibly cute cat,you'll end up loving the damn thing) to help with your mission, perform a poltergeist on electronics to attract people's attention (and make you feel like a ghost mwahahaha) and you can teleport. The "combat" in the game is resumed to using stealth on demons.Basically you hide in ghost residues,you sneak behind them and take them down. However, they are among the most terrifying enemies i've ever seen in video games and will give you a good scare no matter how much you get used to them(they are REALLY creepy). You can also discover different collectibles which give you insight on the main story, the backstory of the city and about the life of the main character.And the ending...........it's the epic cherry on the top of the pixelated cake(which means awesome and shocking). In conclusion, this is a must play for anyone who likes a good narrative and wants something more unique in video games. This is one of the best titles this year.Yeah and by the way, screw official reviewers.Even if the gameplay is pretty easy, this game is centered on the narrative, investigations and atmosphere(it IS an adventure game after all).You'll have situational puzzles and the occasional demon fighting which spice up the game really nice.Pick up this game as soon as possible.You will definitely NOT regret it. Expand
  50. Jun 12, 2014
    Great story, Great Acting, Great characters. A truly must play if your a fan of the genre.

Those were the pros and now cons and why it didn't get a 10 from me: Menu would freeze and the only fix I could find is to exit the game and reenter, thus making me avoid the menu (nothing game breaking, and nothing a patch should fix) and thus I never read the "collectables" that I picked up

Those were the pros and now cons and why it didn't get a 10 from me:
    Menu would freeze and the only fix I could find is to exit the game and reenter, thus making me avoid the menu (nothing game breaking, and nothing a patch should fix) and thus I never read the "collectables" that I picked up (well, not all of em) As for the "collectables" they make you feel like a garbage man picking up all those papers and what not, like seriously, it is as though they ran out of space to put all those things . . . my advise - ignore the collectables in your 1st playthrough. Also of note, do not collect too fast, the "picking up" doesn't register if you pick things too quickly up one after the other.

Maybe a bit more depth as to why I enjoyed the game:
    I loved how the game never looses momentum from start to finish, you are gripped by the story. Demons to me were a bit annoying, but maybe others will enjoy the distraction or "action" - whatever you want to call it. I loved the lost ghost you helped and loved talking to lost ghosts and why they ended where they are . . . wouldn't complain if there were more of these in the game. The characters are really well defined and the conversations are true to who they are. Not once in this game did I feel bored, but I did skip being the collecting garbage man though - so guess that would depend on how you play in this regard. Some places they could have improved, but you cannot please everyone with everything.
  51. Jun 11, 2014
    Тяжелая же ночка выдалась у главного героя.
    Тяжелая же ночка выдалась у главного героя.
    Его убили, и теперь ему предстоит найти своего убийцу. Попутно встречая обрывки своей земной жизни. А игрок тем самым узнает, кем он играет. Еще в картину жизни Ронана добавляют деталей призрачные воспоминания, об их совместной жизни, его жены умершей 3 года назад. А еще есть детектив Рекс=) ГЫ, это не собака, а брат жены Ронана. Все остальное спойлеры и в игре узнаете.

Геймплей состоит в следующем:

Управление от 3-го лица. Раскладка кнопок на клавиатуре не замысловатая. Играем призраком, в призрачном мире. Который изредка кардинально отличается от земного, за счет того, что в нем существуют призрачные предметы. Созданные другими призраками, и скорое всего напоминающие им об их жизни. Так вот такие предметы, а часто это стены, ГГ пройти не может.
    Передвижение по уровню и заключается в том чтобы пройти в точку Б обойдя подобные препятствия. Еще мешать пройти, вам будут "природные" источники нефти-гудрона.
    По другому их ни как не назовешь, ибо подобные ловушки вкупе с "врагами"(без кавычек тут нельзя) и есть самая слабая часть игры.
    Так как ГГ призрак, то и взаимодействие с окружающим миров весьма оригинальное, собственно в этом и фишка игры, ее сильная сторона. Можно проходить сквозь предметы земного мира, вселяться в живых существ, из коих в игре только кошки и люди. Кошкой можно управлять, людьми нет, только читать их мысли. Баловаться светом нельзя, но можно кофе-машиной, вентилятором, телефонами и пр. техникой.
    По мимо прохождения сквозь стены и вселения ГГ предстоит еще 2 занятия в игре. Во-первых, собирать спрятанные призрачные предметы, которые расскажут игроку о жизни ГГ и различные истории людей в городе Салеме. А во-вторых, проводить расследования, искать улики, мотивы и причинно-следственные связи. На протяжении игры мешать Ронану будут "Дементоры" один в один списанные с Шпроттера, не отличающиеся интеллектом, и имеющие здоровенную мертвую зону в районе заднего бампера.

А теперь объективно, плюсы игры:

+Геймплей. Вселяемся в кошку, ходим сквозь стены, ищем улики, расследуем и еще раз расследуем. Уже выше писал.
    +Поиск предметов. Мне всегда нравится поиск предметов спрятанных в игре, люблю всякие пасхалки, если таковые имеются.
    Здесь поиск предметов не сложен, исключение лишь составят рисунки-рассуждения девочки Абигейль. Они спрятанны от глаз посторонних, и их наличие определяется тайными знаками.
    +История. Она тут есть, и она хорошо подана, постепенно раскрывается, за это спасибо геймплею. Но вот лично мне, не в новинку то, вокруг чего держится вся история. Я об этом в книжках читал, в кино не раз видел. Но не искушенному человеку пойдет.
    +Картинка. Приятная, серенькая, атмосферная, есть туман на улицах. Но хуже, чем в L.A.Noir. Проработка лиц при диалогах, тоже ниже уровнем, чем в веше указанной игре.
    +Русская озвучка. Ее наличие, к релизу игры. У той же L.A.Noir ее до сих пор нет.
    +Оптимизация. Нет ни багов, ни падений. Не требовательна к ресурсам системы. Простые настройки графики. Если у вас ноут, сразу отключите вертикальную синхронизацию и постепенно понижайте разрешение экрана.

Минусов на мой взгляд у игры нет, только мои субъективные придирки:

-Музыка. Ее почти вообще нет, благо что я со своей играю.
    -Враги. Дементоры. Лишние тут. Надоедали, мешали мне идти дальше и исследовать сюжет. По другому их не воспринимаю.
    -История. Как я уже говорил, не нова.

Вердикт: оригинальная бродилка, с наличием четкой сюжетной линией. Второй раз проходить не захочется.
  52. Jun 11, 2014
    I cannot imagine, how the brain of a man giving this piece of crap 10/10. THIS IS A BORING PIECE OF **** Not the game. I didn't stand even three hours of THAT. I never played such boring AAA game. Seriously. I give three points just because you can walk through the walls like with NOCLIP. Bring me back my money, I completely wasted it.
  53. Jun 11, 2014
    THIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they do that by guessing what the majority would and wouldnt like and let that bias affect their own review of the games. This works sadly. But that is also why many who would enjoy a game such as Murdered Soul Suspect won't even try it. Sad reality.

This

This game doesnt have "action" it doesnt have shooting, stealing cars, and destruction. And it is better for it. In its own genre and taken as a separate entity, this game shines.
    It is a mix of old school adventure atmosphere, smartass detective work, it is slow but it is great. The Story keeps you interested, the acting is top notch, the relationship between the main character and his partner is akin that of Booker and Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite.
    This game is fun and funny, ok in some areas and amazing in others. It is a relaxing experience, and one that should be experienced. You'll feel like you are watching Ghost (the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze flick) at times, at others it'll be a Tex Murphy experience.

It is a fun and enjoyable experience, I am more than glad I bought this game, and if this genre is your cup of tea, you will be quite glad you had this adventure. You can't beat possessing poeple and reading their thoughts.

Buy this game and enjoy it, if you have your doubts, wait for a sale. But don't miss it.
  54. Jun 10, 2014
    I think the critics have hit this one a little too hard.
    The only thing they are right about is that the game does appear to be a bit on the short side, though there is a fair bit of work to do, it's disappointing that you'll finish it in a day - if you have nothing else to do that is.
    I think the critics have hit this one a little too hard.
    I think it's a beautifully crafted game, with - for once, because they don't come often - a good, solid and logical plot worth following, with a few twists in the tale. This game deserves more credit than it was given. It's almost a shame they didn't make it so it could have a sequel - perhaps a longer one too!
  55. Jun 9, 2014
    How to say that and not to repeat myself? Well, what a pleasant surprise!

This game is a mixture of L.A. Noire, Alan Wake and Heavy Rain, but it took only the good from them. If you are a fan of adventure, stealth, detective and mysterious games, this one is exactly what you look for. This game has great story, quite original plot twist, brilliant and believable characters and more
    How to say that and not to repeat myself? Well, what a pleasant surprise!

This game has great story, quite original plot twist, brilliant and believable characters and more than satisfying ending. Plus, graphics is eye-candy, music and sounds are anxious and the atmosphere is exactly how you would imagine in game like this.
    I finish this game almost in one turn and I enjoyed that since the beginning till the very end.

Unfortunatelly, although this game is long enough for this kind of game-play, the replay-ability is probably a no-no as it is common for the most of story-driven games. Even if you are a collector freak, you will probably not get over 12 hours of game-play. So it is up to you if it is worth of 40 euros .
    Also, this is just another fast-cooked PC port, and even I haven't faced any technical issues like crashes, glitches and bugs, inability to remap your keys is a crime against humanity in 21. century - I strongly suggest game-pad.
    Last but not least, this game is not for everyone - if you are an action-oriented player, this is not for you. The pace is slow and it requires focus on details to solve the investigations. For someone like me it is an advantage, for others it can be a disadvantage.

But for me, along with Wolfenstein New Order, this is another big "YES" this year.
  56. xag
    Jun 9, 2014
    A great supernatural 3D graphic adventure (with some action). Good story, graphics (very funny to go through walls and people), voices, sound effectrs and music. A lot amusing extras as secondary cases, Ronan's memories, etc. A good option to spend time. Don't pay much attention to the unfair critics from "specialized media".
  57. Jun 9, 2014
    This is just another constant reminder that ALL video games should have a mandatory d/l demo so that poor young or poor older people do not get sucked into paying through the nose for a game that makes you feel like a grade-A mule for buying it.

The premise is nice and alluring: solve your own murder, and your character is ruggedly handsome and a sort of anti-hero: and God knows, video game players LOVE dem' anti-heroes.

That is where all the joy ends. Of all types of games to leave it openw orld sandbox, being a ghost should have been one of them. But instead of taking a page from success, Square Enix does everything wrong there(here-after haah)-after. You as a ghost are limited and confined to a relatively linear environment. Looks like some companies haven't learned the lesson from Bionic Commando's reboot fail- where Rad Spencer, the bionic commando who can scale walls and buildings had one of the most limited linear gameplay a third person shooter had ever seen.

The plot and dialogue are awful in the vein of japanimation/manga/final fantasy awful. This felt like there was NO research done on the supernatural and the 'rules' as introduced into the game FEELS awfully like a game. What could have been a real mystery game has Zelda-type seek and find clue hunts, and a no-risk no-penalty guessing game in 'solving' cases.

On top of that, because apparently Square Enix directors had no faith in the appeal of a brainy dramatic adventure, they added the metagame from hell (literally): where you have to play hide and seek with bad ghosties who turned into demons (again not in alignment with Judeo-Christian concepts of life & death but more Japanese mythology- and since this is happening in Salem, one would think they would do some effing research...). This meta-game is not only unnecessary but grossly offensively annoying & repetitive.

I would not have scored this game so low, but after reading the usual tripe of fan-boy 'critics' from game magazines- I had to post here today. I wonder if there is a murdered soul suspect hell for game review gurus who have sold their soul to game companies...
  58. Jun 8, 2014
    It's a quite entertaining game. Story is interesting, gameplay is good and diversified albeit it's different from the usual as you can't shoot or grab anything but instead walk through most walls, teleport, possess people and animals and use your "poltergeist powers" to activate office equipment and TVs. The detective work is akin to L.A. Noire, but fairly easy. Fighting mechnics areIt's a quite entertaining game. Story is interesting, gameplay is good and diversified albeit it's different from the usual as you can't shoot or grab anything but instead walk through most walls, teleport, possess people and animals and use your "poltergeist powers" to activate office equipment and TVs. The detective work is akin to L.A. Noire, but fairly easy. Fighting mechnics are completely different to the usual and can be annoying sometimes, but I think they're working ok and can be thrilling especially if you screw up your first approach. Grafics and sounds are adequate, performance is very good and I haven't encountered any crashes or bugs.
    Negatives: 1) Keyboard layout can't be configured (sorry for the lefties) 2) It's sometimes hard to find the spot you need to look so the action key works 3) Some places are rather confusing so you can get lost easily and fail to find your way to continue the "quest" (there's no "mini-map") 4) The final encounter is a rather annoying trial and error (luckily, it's short) 5) The clues you need to get in the detective missions are sometimes very hard to find 6) The game is rather short (7 hours incl. side-missions and I didn't rush it)
  59. Jun 8, 2014
    Dont know whats the problem with critics, seems like everyone trying to let this game down, and giving 10/10 for crack dogs.
    I am currently playing this game and looks quite good and well designed. At least they have tried something new.
  60. Jun 7, 2014
    Great game with some issues. Graphics are great, voice acting is good, story is good (the name of the town is Salem, hmm what could it possibly be about), the game works fine and yes its longer than 4hr. The game has a lot of stuff to collect and I recommend you get all the items to complete those ghost stories because they are just GREAT and also talk to all the ghosts some of them haveGreat game with some issues. Graphics are great, voice acting is good, story is good (the name of the town is Salem, hmm what could it possibly be about), the game works fine and yes its longer than 4hr. The game has a lot of stuff to collect and I recommend you get all the items to complete those ghost stories because they are just GREAT and also talk to all the ghosts some of them have pretty f***** up stories to tell (like the butcher, that was just sick hahahahaha). Now for the bad things. There are these demons introduced in the game whose only purpose is to waste your time, the game would of been better without them. I didn't like the final confrontation because I died a dozen times since game wasn't clear as what to do. Every time there is a cutscene my mouse pointer would show in the middle of the screen (I was using a gamepad) and that was annoying. You can not skip the intro and why do I have to press start in order to get into the main menu, its pointless, the same thing when I want to quit I can't go to desktop directly I quit then press start and then press quit again (huge number of games have this same issues, so annoying). What you have to understand is that this is a supernatural murder mystery game (basically adventure game), so if you are looking for action you are in the wrong place. If you liked this game and want more stuff like this I recommend Cognition (also a great game). Expand
  61. Jun 7, 2014
    This is very funny game.
    i dont know why i am not so injoyed, but it was can take some good and funny hours
    if you like detective game i am recommend to buy it, but not from steam, its not worth the money
  62. Jun 6, 2014
    super game times a game by going to 90% of a story, it plays like a small book, or a slightly longer movie is made ​​great by itself, the atmosphere .. just the auto memory points are a bit goofy set .. a Metascore of only 60 I can not understand despite cod mw3 and get there 85? my personal score ... 86 and only because it is not something for everyone ... you could say it is an advancedsuper game times a game by going to 90% of a story, it plays like a small book, or a slightly longer movie is made ​​great by itself, the atmosphere .. just the auto memory points are a bit goofy set .. a Metascore of only 60 I can not understand despite cod mw3 and get there 85? my personal score ... 86 and only because it is not something for everyone ... you could say it is an advanced point and click game it makes me definitely a bunch of fun.
    sry for bad eng ;)
  63. Jun 6, 2014
    The game is so boring. There are 75% of cutscenes in the game. Primitive, stupid and ridiculous story. The graphics isn't very good too. This is the second disappointment of 2014 after the Watch Dogs. I don't recommed you to buy this game.
  64. Jun 6, 2014
    Not nearly as bad as you've been led to believe. The price is steep for what the game actually is. First person shooter campaigns last longer. I approached this game as a long interactive movie and i was not let down. The big wigs of game reviews will tell you to skip this game, and a lot of people will. But if you're curious or generally interested in the game... Give it a shot.Not nearly as bad as you've been led to believe. The price is steep for what the game actually is. First person shooter campaigns last longer. I approached this game as a long interactive movie and i was not let down. The big wigs of game reviews will tell you to skip this game, and a lot of people will. But if you're curious or generally interested in the game... Give it a shot. Especially if you catch it on sale. Expand
  65. Jun 6, 2014
    Don't bother getting this game if you play left-handed on PC. There's no key customisation at all and you're forced to play with the WASD set-up. It seems very boring with its QTEs as well. The game was severely over-hyped.
  66. Jun 5, 2014
    Extremely short, like 5 hours short. Very cliche and cheesy story that barely has time to develop. You barely get to know any characters in the game, and the ending falls flat on its face. Also absolutely zero replay value. I really wanted to like this game, the premise seemed awesome and i was excited to play it. I had it preordered which I never do anymore, I was looking forward to it.Extremely short, like 5 hours short. Very cliche and cheesy story that barely has time to develop. You barely get to know any characters in the game, and the ending falls flat on its face. Also absolutely zero replay value. I really wanted to like this game, the premise seemed awesome and i was excited to play it. I had it preordered which I never do anymore, I was looking forward to it. But it turned out to be a barely finished game. Repetitive as anything, and the "combat" was a waste of time and should have been better implemented or scrapped. I would stay away from this game and save your money. I know I regret buying it. At most I could see it being worth $10 on sale, but no more. Trust me. Expand
  67. Jun 5, 2014
    There are some very valid criticism of this game, 1) It is not particularly hard and 2) The "stealth" element is.. I would go as far as to say pathetic. The parts that involve possessing a cat is also breathtakingly poor in terms of animation and controls. Nevertheless, the demons and "stealth" factor could've been removed completely from the game and not been missed at all. This game isThere are some very valid criticism of this game, 1) It is not particularly hard and 2) The "stealth" element is.. I would go as far as to say pathetic. The parts that involve possessing a cat is also breathtakingly poor in terms of animation and controls. Nevertheless, the demons and "stealth" factor could've been removed completely from the game and not been missed at all. This game is all about the story and the people you meet and whether you bother investing time into solving their issues. The graphics is decent, the audio is quite good. I mean, it's actually a quite pleasant experience and doesn't deserve a measly 57 by the "professional" reviewers. (I put that in quotation marks on purpose...)

My verdict? It's a 6.5 on my scale, and I always round upwards so it makes a fairly weak 7 on the metascale. With a little smarter design this game could have been a true gem, like swapping the demon hassle with something a little more constructive.
  68. Jun 4, 2014
    This is game is abysmal. It belongs to the category of those games that "play themself". There us nothing to do apart from lingering around, and press a button when on the screen appears THAT button. One of the most boring game I've ever played in my entire life: in comparison L.A. Noir has ton of thrills around every corner.
    Really, there is no challenge whatsoever,it is closer to an
    Really, there is no challenge whatsoever,it is closer to an interactive novel than to a game. And it's a pity, because the story in itself has some reasons to be. Unfortunately there is no gameplay whatsoever.
  69. Jun 4, 2014
    An amazing third person quest/adventure game. Technically the game is just fine - nothing spectacular as it uses quite old Unreal Engine 3 and last-gen graphics is something you will see here. Still, the visuals in the game are great - because of spectacular level design, map details and overall style. Characters have deep personalities, and even linear dialogs are very professionallyAn amazing third person quest/adventure game. Technically the game is just fine - nothing spectacular as it uses quite old Unreal Engine 3 and last-gen graphics is something you will see here. Still, the visuals in the game are great - because of spectacular level design, map details and overall style. Characters have deep personalities, and even linear dialogs are very professionally written and immersive. The storyline is interesting and far from trivial, and the gameplay involves a little bit of action and a lot of satisfying exploration and scene investigation, where maybe you do not need to think a lot - this is by far not a hardcore quest - but you will certainly find yourself diving into the drama. I really enjoy the game, it's crafted very well. Expand
  70. Jun 4, 2014
    This game awesome. Absolutely better than king of this genre - Alan Wake. Great graphic with good sound ambient make it -game of the year. maybe the story of it not new. We seen it before in RIPD and etc. But who say that we can't rewrite this with some improvements which gracefully turn it in all new story.
  71. Jun 4, 2014
    Video games are evolving in the only way they can to keep entertaining new audiences, turning into a mix between game and movie or TV series. Telltale Games is showing how cinematic tales can be done with excellent results as David Cage's Quantic Dream has also been doing for a long time (unfortunately not for the PC crowd, nowadays). Soul Suspect might not have the appeal of a David CageVideo games are evolving in the only way they can to keep entertaining new audiences, turning into a mix between game and movie or TV series. Telltale Games is showing how cinematic tales can be done with excellent results as David Cage's Quantic Dream has also been doing for a long time (unfortunately not for the PC crowd, nowadays). Soul Suspect might not have the appeal of a David Cage or Telltale game or even LA Noire (with which it has more in common), but it deserves full credit for trying to live up to its expectations. I don't know how long the story is, but the only shortcoming I might find is a short campaign. Everything else is as it should be expected to be. The fixation of some hardcore PC gamers with the pure gameplay (in fact a fancy word that means no more than hand/ finger movements over the keyboard and mouse) versus everything else is turning the PC into a retro machine in a time when it should be expanding a multimedia performance. Well, leave it to the consoles. One of these days Steam will have to reinvent itself and stop the retro rampage, to save the PC. Again. Expand
  72. Jun 4, 2014
    The game is OK overall, but GOTY? No chance. These 10 reviews rating 10 are clearly mostly employer reviews as you can see they have only signed up to rate this game.
  73. Jun 3, 2014
    Very atmospheric game with an interesting story, not a masterpiece 10/10, but play nice and interesting. Very affordable price for the game in STEAM.
    Buy, play and enjoy.
  74. Jun 3, 2014
    I write this after about 4 hours of gameplay. (And I apologize for the layout but, dear god, why does Metacritic have such a grudge against paragraphs?)
    Question: Is this game worthy of your attention?
    Short answer: If you're dying for a cheap LA Noir-esque fix with some sneaking and spooooooooooky...ish theme, yes; otherwise, no, not really. Long answer: Murdered: Soul Suspect is an
    Question: Is this game worthy of your attention?
    Long answer: Murdered: Soul Suspect is an investigative puzzle game with a ghost theme and some sneak-murder gameplay that reminds me of how I used to play Splinter Cell and Dishonored. As the title suggests, the protagonist has been murdered and is now looking to stop his murderer, a serial killer, all the while fending off demons.
    First of all, PC port talk: The graphics options are okay, detailed enough to tailor them to your machine. On a GTX 470 AMP and an i5 QuadCore, I had no performance issues on the highest settings. You shouldn't expect a game that oozes graphical fidelity, though; it looks okay but it won't blow your mind. What will blow your mind are the controls - They are bad. I mean, REALLY bad. While the main menu responds reasonably to mouse control and the game itself at least tolerates it, the ingame menu (which you need to check a lot for the clues and collectibles you find) treats the mouse like the unholy offspring of Satan and Kim Kardashian. It will fight you tooth and nail every step of the way, so don't even try and just use the keyboard to navigate the menu (which features one of the weirdest [non-rebindable] control patterns I've ever seen). Bottomline: Graphics options solid, controls abysmal. A controller is not needed but highly recommended.
    Now for the actual story and game: As mentioned before, you play a murder victim (who happens to be a cop) and try to find your murderer, a serial killer, before you can make your way into paradise; along the way, you collect whatever clues and collectibles you can get your ethereal hands on in the semi-open world that is Salem, Massachusetts. Actually, even semi-open is pushing it - Apart from a select few side missions and secrets/flavor collectibles that give some insight into the protagonist's backstory, there is nothing to actually keep you busy when you're not looking for clues or backstabbing demons.
    Yes, you heard right - The game has demon backstabbing, hiding from demons, demon distraction and death through demons. Does that make it sound boring? Good, cause that's what it is. The demons are nothing but temporary nuisances that you can usually get rid of right when you enter a demon-infested area before you move on to the exploring and collectible-/clue-hunting part. Since they only leave their fixed paths to follow the cries of spirit crows (you heard right) or to suck the soul out of you (and not in the good way), that doesn't exactly pose a challenge as of 4 hours into the game.
    Are the collectibles worth the hunting? The answer is a clear... meh. Voice acting, story and writing are not the worst I've ever seen, yet... Well, I didn't think I'd ever say that but I found Wolfenstein: The New Order's efforts at immersion and story-telling A LOT more convincing than Murdered's. That's not to say that Murdered is downright terrible at it but for a game that tries fairly hard to make you care and wonder and hunger for an answer, it falls a couple miles short of achieving that. The main character barely even pauses for what I'd say would be an obligatory: "HOLY **** **** I'M DEAD! AND MAN, THE SPIRIT WORLD IS CREEPY!" The story doesn't have any humor worth mentioning in it (apart from a few creepy instances that I, cynical man that I am, found pretty funny) but doesn't have a strong enough atmosphere to actually back up how serious it takes itself. The result is a try-hard attempt that turned me off more and more the longer it went on.
    So, is the investigation any good? Well... It's okay. The premise in and of itself is not the worst for this kind of game. It is cool to look for clues for how this person or that died. The game does limit you a lot, though - You know how many clues there are from the start, you know exactly where they are... There is a lot more handholding going on than in LA Noir but the main ingredient for LA Noir's success is missing - The interaction with suspects and witnesses. Murdered is a puzzle game based on exploration - Find the pieces, pick the most important ones and you're done. Some parts of it feel lackluster (for example when you see the identical twin of this NPC standing next to them), some a little rushed, some like there just wasn't put enough thought into them.
    So, would I recommend this game? The answer is, yet again: Meh. For those of us who absolutely need to feel like police detectives and who really dig Patrick Swayze and Whoopy Goldberg, this game could be worth looking into; but if you can control these urges (or only suffer from one of them), I'd recommend visiting your doctor and picking up LA Noir and "Ghost" respectively.
  75. Jun 3, 2014
    The game is an great twist on an old school point and click adventure story. At times it stumbles and has no re-play value, but as a weekend rental, you could do a lot worse.
  76. Jun 3, 2014
    A first impression here. It's not bad as some of the review sites out there might want you to believe. It's and adventure game, think LA Noire without the action and driving. It's a slower paced game where you'll have to look around for clues to solve puzzles to move to the next area, so if you're looking for an action FPS or something like that, it probably won't be for you. It's a goodA first impression here. It's not bad as some of the review sites out there might want you to believe. It's and adventure game, think LA Noire without the action and driving. It's a slower paced game where you'll have to look around for clues to solve puzzles to move to the next area, so if you're looking for an action FPS or something like that, it probably won't be for you. It's a good looking game with better graphics than watchdogs that I picked up last week, and has alot of graphics settings to play with, runs smooth on ultra/high on my HD 7870, although the frames per second seem to be locked to 30. I'd give it a 7 out of ten, it is kind of pricey though for what it is, but would definitely recommend it at say $25. Expand
  77. Jun 3, 2014
    Mediocre adventure game at best. Besides few nice touches everything fells generic.
    The setting is kinda fun - modern detective investigation with some paranormal-horror twist.
    Graphics are decent, better than in most adventure games that came out on pc and voiceover is good. While the story is interesting, everything in between of the in-game cinematics falls short. Basically you'll
    Basically you'll spend most of the time looking for hidden items/collectibles, some connected to
    side quests and some to item/collectible collections. Sometimes descriptions on these items will give
    feedback about the world, but usually they're absolutely useless and not even informative.

There is a puzzle here and there, but rewards for side quests and being observant are almost
    non-existent (at best 10-15 sec cinematic/memory/vision).
    Oh and there are around 8 npc models apart from story characters,so you'll see them over and over.

The game is ambitious but fails to deliver.
  78. Jun 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was really sad that games like crap dogs getting 10 out of 10 by the critics and this fantastic game has been criticized by all the major game websites.Let me get this straight , you will be getting a semi open world game with beautiful graphics ,good story and a really cool game play (unlike pressing q to hack...).How much could you ask from a game? Expand
  79. Jun 3, 2014
    After reading so many bad reviews, I started to think I had just pre-ordered a flop. But once I started playing, I got pulled into it's great story and fun game-play elements. It's not quite an open-world game, yet it's not linear either. It's kind of like L.A. Noire meets The Longest Journey: Dreamfall. The game isn't perfect, but it's the best game experience I've had this year andAfter reading so many bad reviews, I started to think I had just pre-ordered a flop. But once I started playing, I got pulled into it's great story and fun game-play elements. It's not quite an open-world game, yet it's not linear either. It's kind of like L.A. Noire meets The Longest Journey: Dreamfall. The game isn't perfect, but it's the best game experience I've had this year and that's all I care about. Expand
  80. Jun 3, 2014
    Still more interesting than pressing and holding Q to hack the world. I like this game and I've been waiting for it since the very first teaser trailer. It's something more than that mediocre tag critics stuck on it.
  81. Jun 3, 2014
    GOTY! THIS GAME EVER GAME 10 из 10. Everyone to take this game, the best story and gameplay, I recommend! Maybe someone does not like, but the game is good!
  82. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is fresh, the story is interesting, it also introduce some exciting new elements to the genre. Voice acting is kind of good AND It is more functional than Watch Dogs
    Even though this game isn't very open world, and it is not very action-packed at all, but this game still deserves you to try

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Sep 3, 2014
    The game gets an A for effort, but unfortunately the same can't be said of the core gameplay mechanics, which are dull and repetitive. The storyline is engaging, but other than that there's not much to write home about. [Aug 2014]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 25, 2014
    The triple-A presentation is hindered by monotonous gameplay, stilted PC controls and stupid action bits. [Issue#244]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Jul 30, 2014
    A less than successful attempt at what could have been a novel concept. [Aug 2014, p.57]