6.4

1. Apr 15, 2017
    It gets a little boring sometimes,and some puzzles feel out of place,but great atmosphere,solid story and direction help to overcome it's flaws. It may not be one of the best of the series but it's a solid one.
  2. KSnow
    May 10, 2009
    As a Nancy Drew game goes, it's among the better ones. On a dollar-per-hour-of-play, like all the games in the series, it's expensive, and has little or no replay value. One particular puzzle is so tightly timed that even with cheat instructions, it took me three times to finish before timing out (presumably because my computer clock was running too fast.) I'll echo a As a Nancy Drew game goes, it's among the better ones. On a dollar-per-hour-of-play, like all the games in the series, it's expensive, and has little or no replay value. One particular puzzle is so tightly timed that even with cheat instructions, it took me three times to finish before timing out (presumably because my computer clock was running too fast.) I'll echo a comment a reviewer made about one of the other, later games: There's too much puzzle-solving, and not enough detecting. It's particularly annoying that characters in an isolated lodge disappear for days -- even from their rooms when they're supposed to be sleeping at night -- and can't be talked to. Overall, however, still one of the top five in the series. Expand

1. The puzzles could have been more challenging, and having some of them as stand-alone games would have been nice, but the overall game is engaging and well-designed.
  2. The White Wolf of Icicle Creek is a better and longer game than either of the last two Nancy Drew titles and is probably worth getting if you enjoyed the other games in the series.
  3. The end result of The White Wolf of Icicle Creek, then, is another solid and safe, if certainly predictable, Nancy Drew adventure.