5.8

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Another very poor Nancy Drew game. I grew addicted to these games because I love the mystery solving and intrigue. This game feels more like a cat fest at an all girls boarding school. There is no suspense, the puzzles are dull and I found the eventual outcome very disappointing.

1. Probably written with the back-to-school season and Halloween in mind, Warnings at Waverly Academy is a refreshing change of pace for Nancy Drew as, for once, we get to see Nancy in a school setting being a somewhat more normal teenage girl.
  2. But even with all of these positive attributes, not to mention the other hallmarks of the series – the fabulous soundtrack, the suspenseful timed ending, the plot twists, the historical research, the phone calls to Nancy’s friend and boyfriend – I found the game very underwhelming.
  3. The puzzles are engaging without being too taxing, and are mixed into the story nicely. The plot is paced well. I just couldn't find anything about this game I didn't like, except that it is a bit short.