NASCAR Racing 2002 Season PC

5.8

1. BradH.
    Apr 12, 2003
    I have an emachines 800MHz with 128MB SyncDram and a Radeon 7500 64MB Video card. Computer locks up each time I try to start the game. Sierra tech dept. not much help.
  2. Attitude
    Mar 12, 2003
    I have an ASUS board, 1800+ AMD, 512DDR, 128DDR Geforce 4, and an Audigy to boot... The game won't even start! No help from Sierra... If AMD is crap, why is the TRUE gaming world switching to it?
  3. AlastairM.
    Nov 2, 2002
    Doesn't work with Windows XP. No patch from Sierra. Crap.
  4. WolfMan
    Oct 22, 2002
    I have a cheap HP Pavilian with windows xp and the game runs great for me. Best one I've played. To me it looks like that Athlon processor is garbage.
  5. BobS.
    May 13, 2002
    This game is a piece of crap. Im running an Altheon 1800 512 MB of RAm, and it keeps crashing the system. I'm not alone. Everybody I know has the same problem with the game. Sierra has no answers.
  6. Convict
    May 12, 2002
    I have to say, just because a game doesn't work on someone's set up is no reason to give it a poor score.. I have a amd xp 1700+. ati 128 mg ddr and gigabyte board, no problems running the game, never had any. Graphics are great, and the game has an easy interface.. Before I would give it a bad review, I think I would check my drivers 1st, having a nice system doesn't mean I have to say, just because a game doesn't work on someone's set up is no reason to give it a poor score.. I have a amd xp 1700+. ati 128 mg ddr and gigabyte board, no problems running the game, never had any. Graphics are great, and the game has an easy interface.. Before I would give it a bad review, I think I would check my drivers 1st, having a nice system doesn't mean it will run everything perfect. Expand
  7. HenkeW.
    Apr 23, 2002
    I'm really a formula 1 fan, but i must say this title is probably one of the best racing-simulators ever created. I just hope GP4 will be just as fun.
  8. SvenI.
    Apr 16, 2002
    This is the best racing game I've ever played, and trust me, I've played nearly all the racing games!!!
  9. DonT.
    Apr 14, 2002
    I cant even get the game to start, it crashes windows xp every time it starts. I have a athalon 1800+ processor with nothing else running and 25 gigs left on my 80 gig HD, along with G-Force ti500 64meg vid card, so it isn't an issue with my comp, but Sierra doesnt have an explanation for this. Everyone I have talked to about this has had the same problem, anyone have an answer???
  10. JimS.
    Mar 5, 2002
    I'm running Nascar 2002 on an IBM NetVista with a AMD Athlon processor with 384 MB of RAM. The game freezes up and so far, Sierra has not been able to identify, much less fix, the problem. It even freezes up when I just watch "Driving Lessons", which means I'm not pushing the system at all. Have you had any other complaints of this type? And if so, do you know of a fix?

1. I know that I'll be racing N02 online for quite some time, and it's the new crown jewel of online racing sims.
  2. PC Gamer
    It's the package that counts, and this one's simply as good as it gets. [May 2002, p.76]
  3. You need great driving skills to hold your position. Excellent racing experience altogether.