8.4

1. Nov 19, 2012
    Great game. I play the NS1 and it was a great game and the squeal is better. It's very balance game. The developers team said that more maps are comming. I would like my friends play too.
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    From one of the best mods, to a standalone game. As it was getting released i found myself hoping the developers wouldn't sell out and just dish out another Counter Strike/COD like game. I'm very glad to report that the game turned out great and that i'm waiting for more games from '' Unknown Worlds Entertainment ''.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    I am a dedicated player, with an overall "experience" of nearly 20 years of gaming, not concentrated on one single genre. I had a lot of favorite games during this time and natural selection 2 is the best online team based and action oriented gaming experience seen so far in my opinon.
    The start itself could be a bit hard for beginners, if you are new to this concept of first person shooter combined with real time strategy. so there are some learnings in the beginning: you shouldnt finally judge the game during the first played games. but if you invest some time to understand the differences of the alien creatures, the techtrees, general gameplay mechanics and maps, you will be rewarded with one of the best long-term motivating, innovative games ever created!

a well designed atmosphere, superb gameplay, exciting matches, good balancing, an active community and a developer with real passion for his title. nothing missing for me...
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    This is what all gaming should be like. You feel like you're in a science fiction action movie--crawling through vents and leaping onto soldiers as an alien in a hunting pack, mowing down invaders in a marine in an armored suit, or making your last stand as the enemy closes in. The game runs at 60fps on even my MacBook Pro laptop (under Windows) and is gorgeous. The air is filled withThis is what all gaming should be like. You feel like you're in a science fiction action movie--crawling through vents and leaping onto soldiers as an alien in a hunting pack, mowing down invaders in a marine in an armored suit, or making your last stand as the enemy closes in. The game runs at 60fps on even my MacBook Pro laptop (under Windows) and is gorgeous. The air is filled with smoke, metal objects realistically reflect the environment, and you become splatted with gore during melee attacks. Teamwork is tight and essential. Because it is all-multiplayer on sprawling maps, every game is unique and I can't wait to jump back in at the end. This is the strongest game of the year, even though it is an indie title. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    Natural Selection is one of the most innovative games I have ever played in my life.

The sheer value of this game is astronomical. What a neat idea of incorporating RTS with FPS. If you like team based multiplayer games, this one is for you. The team of 7 people did a phenomenal job of truly making this a sequel of Natural Selection 1. Highly Recommend this to everyone!
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    amazing upgrade from the first! still thrilling and fun, wish gamespot weren't screw ups and messed the score up because it definitely is not 7.9 being the fact that the users score it 9.3 out of 10 shows the fan based. The one thing I love about the game is the community, the fact that there not just immature teenagers playing a cod or halo is a blessing to this game... Fun RTS playingamazing upgrade from the first! still thrilling and fun, wish gamespot weren't screw ups and messed the score up because it definitely is not 7.9 being the fact that the users score it 9.3 out of 10 shows the fan based. The one thing I love about the game is the community, the fact that there not just immature teenagers playing a cod or halo is a blessing to this game... Fun RTS playing as commander but also allows individuals the ability to choose what weapons they want as oppose to NS1 where the commander would have to drop weapons .... bottom line is great game! Expand
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    Anyone looking for some more strategy and sophistication in their online game should look no further than NS2. It's a refreshing change of pace from Call of Duty. Sure, there are problems and balance issues to work out, but the game is addictive, polished, and just a ton of fun. This is a team game through and through, so hot head rambo need not apply.
  8. Nov 25, 2012
    This is a must have for players who are looking for a challenge in First Person Shooters. After all this years there is a game which fits in what I was searching for. A game with brain and fast reaction which brings you to your limit. Only the huge hardware hungry engine is what feels unplaced in this genre but the netcode feels so right. I guess they will fix the performance in the future.
  9. Nov 30, 2012
    This game has the same vibe and feel of the first one, a game which I spent days of my life playing years ago. There is some room for optimization in the engine (it is brand new). I feel like the engine just needs a bit of work to make everything appear smoother, but the game-play is there, and I'm just as excited as I used to be to launch Natural-Selection 2.
  10. Nov 30, 2012
    Great game but gamespot ruined metacritic score :(. Not as good as NS1 but still great enough. This isn't helpful review but neither isn't first from gamespot. The real score is like 89/90 but I will still give 10 ;) In my opinion this game needs constant tweaking like NS1.. Game isn't fully ready and it does miss some features, game engine need some optimizing and balance tweaks in many years..
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    So, you may be wondering to yourself "How good is this game?" The answer: Spectacular. This game blends RTS and FPS flawlessly, better than any other game I've seen to date. The game is of course full-on multiplayer, as many games are leaning toward now. The game favors the fast-twitch style gunplay of CS: Source, GO, etc. while the Real-time strategy aspect caters to all kinds ofSo, you may be wondering to yourself "How good is this game?" The answer: Spectacular. This game blends RTS and FPS flawlessly, better than any other game I've seen to date. The game is of course full-on multiplayer, as many games are leaning toward now. The game favors the fast-twitch style gunplay of CS: Source, GO, etc. while the Real-time strategy aspect caters to all kinds of playstyles, be it turtling, rushing, or aggressive expansion. The commander makes or breaks the team, which is where this review comes to a mid-point on the goodness. If you get a commander that is New, Uncooperative, or just plain bad, you are at a very serious disadvantage, which makes the learning curve of beginning Comms steeeeeeeeeeep. The players are usually very helpful in pointing new folks in the right direction, leading me to believe that the community of this game is one of the best I've seen or been a part of. This game is revolutionary and deserves more recognition than it's gotten thus far. Its beauty, brains, and brawn all outweigh the small aspects that bring it down from a perfect 10. Get this game, if you're a FPS OR RTS fan, you won't be disappointed, which isn't something you can say often. Expand
  12. Dec 5, 2012
    Never heard of natural selection, until the day before it was released. I thought i looked pretty damn cool so I bought it, only like 200 swedish kr. And I played it, at first I didn't understand so much, and because of my **** pc it ran pretty bad. But after about 10 hours, i fell in love. This game is one of my favorites, it's addictive as hell and I can't stop playing it. And the lag isNever heard of natural selection, until the day before it was released. I thought i looked pretty damn cool so I bought it, only like 200 swedish kr. And I played it, at first I didn't understand so much, and because of my **** pc it ran pretty bad. But after about 10 hours, i fell in love. This game is one of my favorites, it's addictive as hell and I can't stop playing it. And the lag is not as bad as it used to, i have a stable 50-40 fps now all the time, except i massive battles ofc. But otherwise it runs pretty smooth. It's only 22 euro on steam so you should go out and buy it! Even if your pc is **** you can play as a commander! Expand
  13. Dec 5, 2012
    The concept for this game is fantastic! I have always been a big fan of the RTS and FPS, and having that freedom to switch between what is essentially two different games as commander or grunt is incredible. Have it be known that this game is by no means easy. A sense of team-building being absolutely necessary really starts to dawn on you as you begin to figure out the game. The only wayThe concept for this game is fantastic! I have always been a big fan of the RTS and FPS, and having that freedom to switch between what is essentially two different games as commander or grunt is incredible. Have it be known that this game is by no means easy. A sense of team-building being absolutely necessary really starts to dawn on you as you begin to figure out the game. The only way a team succeeds is communication. The commander must direct his or her grunts, whilst the grunts must equally provide crucial information to the commander. I highly recommend this game! Expand
  14. Mar 7, 2013
    Extremely fun game with some performance issues and a steep learning curve (hence the -1). Otherwise I really cannot find that much at fault with it.
  15. Dec 6, 2012
    My favorite game right now. If you do go out and buy it the game is pretty balanced, but aliens are not like most FPS so it may feel like they are horribly unbalanced. Marines play pretty straightforward FPS style. While aliens starting form is very squishy melee attacker. This means in a shootout you will always lose. But if you learn to jump around when fighting, and hide in goodMy favorite game right now. If you do go out and buy it the game is pretty balanced, but aliens are not like most FPS so it may feel like they are horribly unbalanced. Marines play pretty straightforward FPS style. While aliens starting form is very squishy melee attacker. This means in a shootout you will always lose. But if you learn to jump around when fighting, and hide in good locations (since you can cling to walls/ceilings) you can usually start the fight up close, which is where the aliens do well. The game is basically a tug of war / map control game where you try to take control of resources on the map and hold them while taking/disrupting the enemy. Resources allow your team to generate more powerful weapons and equipment for marines, or more advanced lifeforms and upgrades for aliens. The ultimate goal is to push the other team off of the map. Expand
  16. Dec 10, 2012
    I wish Aliens vs Predator 2 multiplayer was alive. I bet it would have been awsome but then I heard about Natural Selection 2. I loved the game but I have to complain about one thing. Marines, they are too powerful against aliens. Save in-game money for that big power suit and aliens chance to win is close to 0. There are too little maps but your main base will never be in the same place.I wish Aliens vs Predator 2 multiplayer was alive. I bet it would have been awsome but then I heard about Natural Selection 2. I loved the game but I have to complain about one thing. Marines, they are too powerful against aliens. Save in-game money for that big power suit and aliens chance to win is close to 0. There are too little maps but your main base will never be in the same place. It gives enough variety until new maps are added.

In NS2 forums they say that even if you bite marine it either did a lot of damage or barely at all. Pro players can land 3 to 4 hits on marine and he is dead. Even after 9 bites I still get killed and marine runs away healthy. I have no idea how to do perfect bite and kill marine. If there was some sort of limit for those superman suits or make them cost more, the game was better and I would enjoy playing as an alien. Right now marines are the ones who always win. I have seen only 5 games where marines have lost and I have played the game about 100 hours.
  17. Dec 17, 2012
    This game is awesome. It just goes to show what can happen when a small developer can rally a loyal fanbase. The Good - Graphics: Just awesome. I can't believe a small developer pulled this off, with their own house-made engine to boot.
    Gameplay: Two great asymmetrical factions with dynamic upgrades and counters.
    Sound: Best sound design I've hear in a while. From the music to
    Gameplay: Two great asymmetrical factions with dynamic upgrades and counters.
    Sound: Best sound design I've hear in a while. From the music to growling aliens to the yelps of dying marines, this game has the best atmospheric sound compared to any other new release.
    Community: I feel like a lot of newer multiplayer games have a toxic community right from the start. Not so in NS. Yeah, you have some tryhards, but I have yet to have obscenities thrown my way or screamed at. Also, this game is extremely open to mods. There's already quite a few good ones made by some very talented community members.

The Bad:
    Gameplay: This game has a fairly high learning curve, and I see a lot players who are not familiar with the first game struggling. You are also punished very hard for having a bad commander, but I'm not sure what could be down about that.
    Stability: I've had this game crash and freeze on me quite a few times, but it seems to be getting better with each patch.
  18. Dec 15, 2012
    This game is just Epic. The work these 3-4 people did is Godlike ... I am a programmer and i am impressed ... More maps will be out soon all for Free! You will get patches and Upgrades for free the next 2-3 years like NS1... The support from the modders is big like in Skyrim
  19. Dec 16, 2012
    If you don't own NS2, I highly recommend you pick it up. The game is absolutely GORGEous! The game play is addicting and with FPS and RTS elements you simply can't go wrong spending hours in this game.

The game balance is a little off and that's the only reason I've deducted a single point from this title. When they come back and address this, I'll rewrite this review. Anyway, the

Anyway, the fact that they've opened it to the Steam community with the workshop has brought a LOT of custom content including the old school game type, Combat, as well as maps from the previous game (NS1) and re-skins for just about everything. This fact alone helps push this community and the game to another level.

A tip for people playing as marines... disable atmospherics. This will allow you to see clearly when other players are using their flashlights. If it doesn't bother you, it really adds a realistic lighting effect to the entire game and looks absolutely beautiful, I just wish they would tone it down a bit so it doesn't hinder visibility. All in all, if you like FPS and RTS games, this is a must own and a no-brainer.
  20. Dec 23, 2012
    The most fun I've had in a long time! I have got all my friends hooked on it. Definitely worth the money! Do not hesitate to buy this! You won't regret it!
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    I played Natural Selection mod for Half-Life and it absolutely thrilled me. As I heard about Natural Selection 2 is in developement I was following every single step from the dev-team regarding NS2 and when it came out I did not get disappointed. To me it is the game of the year and one of the best games ever created.
  22. Jan 6, 2013
    I loved the original and I love this even more. Standard NS mode is great for RTS/Strategy lovers and FPS fans alike. CO mode provides casual gamers with some simple, standard play with quicker rounds and have an experience based more on individual performance.
  23. Dec 29, 2012
    Natural Selection 2's game design is amazing. a seamless blend of RTS and FPS pits marines versus aliens in a fight to destroy the opposite teams command center/hive. While the game does suffer from the occasional crash or lag spike, it isn't very often and you'll hardly care because you will be having so much fun. One thing to note is that the Alien team does generally require a bit moreNatural Selection 2's game design is amazing. a seamless blend of RTS and FPS pits marines versus aliens in a fight to destroy the opposite teams command center/hive. While the game does suffer from the occasional crash or lag spike, it isn't very often and you'll hardly care because you will be having so much fun. One thing to note is that the Alien team does generally require a bit more skill to play effectively then the marines but after playing the Aliens for a day or two you will have mastered the tools you need to be an effective killing machine. Expand
  24. Dec 30, 2012
    I created an Metacritic account for this game alone, for such careless Reviewers causing the game to orginally get a score of under 80%, which inturn put off at least 6 people i know not to buy the game despite my temptations. Savege 1 and 2 were both great games ahead for its time and exactly the same formular RTS/FPS
    Now that Natural Selection 2 has been released the Type of game
    Now that Natural Selection 2 has been released the Type of game hopfully will mature to all walks of life.

Quickly sum it up:- Star Craft like RTS + Counter Strike/Team Fortress 2 Class FPS system + Quirky Combat from Alien Vs Pred that synagies really well is a game that will mature and survive, not to mention fully open source modding, to allow endless creations and fully Game Conversion Servers for Years to come!

A True Game, Made by Gamers, for Gamers!
  25. Oct 25, 2014
    Easily my favorite Multiplayer. Its really a shame that this game is losing players (dont get me wrong, there's still plenty of people who play - die hards at that). Unknown Worlds really dropped the ball by letting this opportunity slip away. I know people don't like microtransactions, but that could have kept the studio releasing updates consistently instead of abandoning the game andEasily my favorite Multiplayer. Its really a shame that this game is losing players (dont get me wrong, there's still plenty of people who play - die hards at that). Unknown Worlds really dropped the ball by letting this opportunity slip away. I know people don't like microtransactions, but that could have kept the studio releasing updates consistently instead of abandoning the game and giving reigns to the community. They're a great studio with a great game on their hands - Its the most organic tactical gameplay in a team based online shooter. However, considering the asymetrical teams (aliens vs humans) constant patching and balancing is necessary. Its mostly balanced, but there are times when that doesn't seem to be the case. All in all, the fact remains that I can't play any other game but NS2. Its that good to me. Precisely why, I'm so dissapointed at the Dev not capitalizing on the opportunity to really make this game big. Unkown Worlds, Please return to NS2! Enable ingame microtransactions so you folks can maintain revenue for bug fixes and new maps. Expand
  26. Jan 7, 2013
    I could have never imagine that the predecessor of the Natural Selection 1 Halflife-Mod, which i played many many hours, could be even more competitive! But it's true. The new elements especially the Expansion of your base is very well improved and well thought through. I love this game.
    For new players the game will be disconcerting and complicated at first. But the learning curve is rising fast.
    Don't forget to use a microphone. To get the full fighting and competitive experience it is absolutely necessary to communicate with your team!
  27. Jan 10, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game,I purchased it the day ti came out and have put in at least a couple hours everyday. I cannot get enough,the game speaks for itself, buy it... you will not regret it
  28. Mar 25, 2013
    If they hadn't made a free weekend and sale I wouldn't have bought this very cool game it turns out, and no one should complain about having a bad commander, like if your that upset about it train to become one yourself then you can just blame the team and/or yourself but just try to have fun which is suppose to be the main purpose of playing. The maps are well designed and i'm evenIf they hadn't made a free weekend and sale I wouldn't have bought this very cool game it turns out, and no one should complain about having a bad commander, like if your that upset about it train to become one yourself then you can just blame the team and/or yourself but just try to have fun which is suppose to be the main purpose of playing. The maps are well designed and i'm even playing this game on the lowest settings so I don't lag which is going well. I'll be cutting this short, overall their are alot of great things about this game that you must try out especially if your into rts and fps. Expand
  29. Jan 16, 2013
    Absolutely amazing what Unknown Worlds has done. This game is great and a lot of fun too. Pair up with some friends and it gets even better. I'm always a fan of watching the competitive matches in this as well. It seems as though less and less games have a competitive atmosphere nowadays.
  30. Jan 24, 2013
    Natural Selection 2 deserves your attention!

Natural Selection 2 deserves your attention!

NS2 is a fantastic blend of FPS/RTS and this mixture makes for unique gameplay you wont see anywhere else. The developers 'Unknown Worlds' are progressively supporting their title and have introduced a great many fixes and changes to ensure it makes an impression. I am particularly impressed with their level design, which offers a diversity that both parties (Marines/Aliens) can adapt to and use to turn the tide of a match.

I have seen previous negative reviews with regards to the battles in NS2 and for the most part, they're biased. I have seen both Marines and Alien parties coordinate with one another to create strategies that ultimately win the match. Such as aliens running in packs of 3, focusing power nodes (very important power supply) to harass Marines or Marines splitting in to groups of two to harass two main Alien 'bases' to split the opposition up.

NS2 is a breath of fresh air and with the way the developers are backing this game, I would suggest that anyone remotely interested give it a try, it will only get better and that's not mentioning how mod friendly it is.
  31. Jan 29, 2013
    a small development team and years of hard work producing THE greatest competitive fps game I have ever played. Battles are legendary, every round is unique, strategy and skill twine together to form a brilliant climax of a gaming experience. Slightly hard for new-comers, but impossible to stop playing once attuned to the game-play. the only game that has ever made my heart race froma small development team and years of hard work producing THE greatest competitive fps game I have ever played. Battles are legendary, every round is unique, strategy and skill twine together to form a brilliant climax of a gaming experience. Slightly hard for new-comers, but impossible to stop playing once attuned to the game-play. the only game that has ever made my heart race from action. note: reaction times mean life or death and you need to think outside the box. Expand
  32. Feb 6, 2013
    If you like teamwork-heavy strategic gameplay, shooters, and strategy games, you should like NS2. If you also used to like playing AvP, you should love NS2. The game loses a point for occasional performance issues, but gains it back in essentially free updates and new features for life.
  33. Mar 3, 2013
    Bought it yesterday and all I can say is fantastic! It's the best FPS I've played since TF2. The gameplay is unique and really enjoyable. It has such good controls that I am able to play the Skulk (Standard Alien) pretty decent now. It doesn't encourage teamplay every player is forced by the mechanics to be a teamplayer. The community seems pretty nice there are some scumbags not talkingBought it yesterday and all I can say is fantastic! It's the best FPS I've played since TF2. The gameplay is unique and really enjoyable. It has such good controls that I am able to play the Skulk (Standard Alien) pretty decent now. It doesn't encourage teamplay every player is forced by the mechanics to be a teamplayer. The community seems pretty nice there are some scumbags not talking english in team chat getting upset if nobody understands them) but all in all this game is nearly perfect. Expand
  34. Feb 16, 2013
    I have been an NS fan for 10 years now and NS2 which has been built on their own engine is beyond all expectations. Updates are weekly and the game play is unrivaled, with just over 100 hours in game, I would have given it 10 if my progress was stored and accessible somewhere. Fun, exciting, scary and so addictive.
  35. Feb 17, 2013
    A truly excellent game. Right up there with StarCraft as one of the best multiplayer RTS games. Make no mistake about it, all but one player on each side uses a FPS point of view, but this is still a strategy game. You win by teamwork, skill and strategy not by FPS skill alone. As an RTS player playing on a decent team, there is a really enjoyable sense of teamwork, aside from the fun FPSA truly excellent game. Right up there with StarCraft as one of the best multiplayer RTS games. Make no mistake about it, all but one player on each side uses a FPS point of view, but this is still a strategy game. You win by teamwork, skill and strategy not by FPS skill alone. As an RTS player playing on a decent team, there is a really enjoyable sense of teamwork, aside from the fun FPS elements and the fact the game looks great. As a commander (someone commanding their team, who uses the RTS view of things) you'll spend much of your time issuing orders to your team via voice chat. With a team that has any understanding of strategy (and most do), this almost completely eliminates micromanagement for you, and means you can spend your time developing map control, thinking strategy, and issuing orders like "PlayerOne, harass BaseName. Try to pull as many of them over there to defend it as you can. Everyone else, group up, wait in LocationOne. When you see them move to BaseName to defend it, hit Base2.". Trying to do that in a traditional RTS would be a lot of micromanagement, but in NS2, its simple. There's a lot to be said about NS2 as an RTS game, and this barely scratches the surface. The main thing, though, is that if you are a fan of team-based shooters, OR a fan of strategy games, I would urge you to definitely give this a try. The combination of RTS+FPS might seem odd, but it works well. Really well. Amazingly well, in fact. Expand
  36. Jun 25, 2014
    I believe this is a masterpiece of game development. I am not sure sure how it is even humanly possible to come up with an idea so complex and put it all together into a working game. It is a blend of RTS and FPS. There are 2 teams with completely different mechanics, units, weapons, special abilities and gameplay. Each team has a commander who views the game from an RTS viewpoint. HeI believe this is a masterpiece of game development. I am not sure sure how it is even humanly possible to come up with an idea so complex and put it all together into a working game. It is a blend of RTS and FPS. There are 2 teams with completely different mechanics, units, weapons, special abilities and gameplay. Each team has a commander who views the game from an RTS viewpoint. He places structures, upgrades units, gives orders etc. The rest of the team plays an FPS. The game is not rookie-friendly, It takes about 20 hours to more-or-less get the whole thing. Loading time is atrocious though... Expand
  37. Feb 21, 2013
    One of my favourite games. A great blend of RTS and FPS, which gets a good variety of players involved. The only issue that I have with the game, is that you must have a solid team, and very good communication. This can be difficult to find at times, but once you do, hours of fun can be had. The alien class makes sure that this is not just two teams with machine guns. It keeps thingsOne of my favourite games. A great blend of RTS and FPS, which gets a good variety of players involved. The only issue that I have with the game, is that you must have a solid team, and very good communication. This can be difficult to find at times, but once you do, hours of fun can be had. The alien class makes sure that this is not just two teams with machine guns. It keeps things interesting, and there being lots to learn, will keep the interest high in this game for a long time Expand
  38. Feb 28, 2013
    Never played NS1 but NS2 is really a great game. It's great fun to play with your team and the in-game voice-chat makes it perfectly doable to actually work as a team and to coordinate towards victory. Its totally worth to buy it! Enjoy!
  39. Feb 28, 2013
    I was apprehensive about buying this initially when my friend described it to me. However, his power of persuasion was good and he talked me round. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised and the game offers something for both RTS and FPS fans, personally I like munching on fresh marine flesh as a skulk! It really is a fantastic game and well worth the money. It continues to beI was apprehensive about buying this initially when my friend described it to me. However, his power of persuasion was good and he talked me round. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised and the game offers something for both RTS and FPS fans, personally I like munching on fresh marine flesh as a skulk! It really is a fantastic game and well worth the money. It continues to be supported by the developers with new features and items constantly being updated or added. Expand
  40. Nov 23, 2013
    Very steep learning curve, but there is so much depth to this game. The blend of RTS and team-based shooter is unique, and it is fantastic. Difficulty and necessity of teamwork weeds out all the young and annoying gamers, there is a real level of maturity to the players in this game. I've never played a competitive multiplayer game where hostility was so pleasantly absent. The community isVery steep learning curve, but there is so much depth to this game. The blend of RTS and team-based shooter is unique, and it is fantastic. Difficulty and necessity of teamwork weeds out all the young and annoying gamers, there is a real level of maturity to the players in this game. I've never played a competitive multiplayer game where hostility was so pleasantly absent. The community is somewhat small, but I selfishly hope it stays that way, because I don't want to see it spoiled. Expand
  41. Mar 10, 2013
    NS2 is one of the most fun FPS/Strategy games out there. This is a game that will keep you going for hours, and something to fall back on when new games suck. Great game play and back story its worth more then the $25 asking price on steam.
  42. Mar 22, 2013
    For English speaking visitors, this review is in russian. Eto nechto novoe, smes strategii i onlajn shutera. ochen zaxvatyvayushhaya dinamika igry. grafika vpolne prilichna dlya onlajn shutera. nedostatok odnoobraznye karty i slozhnost vedeniya boya pri vysokom pinge. est vozmozhnost pobyvat letayushhim monstrom ili gigantskim dinozavrom,a takzhe sest za rul boevogo robota s parnymiFor English speaking visitors, this review is in russian. Eto nechto novoe, smes strategii i onlajn shutera. ochen zaxvatyvayushhaya dinamika igry. grafika vpolne prilichna dlya onlajn shutera. nedostatok odnoobraznye karty i slozhnost vedeniya boya pri vysokom pinge. est vozmozhnost pobyvat letayushhim monstrom ili gigantskim dinozavrom,a takzhe sest za rul boevogo robota s parnymi vosmistvolkami i ognemyotom. v igre prisutstvuyut 2 protivoborstvuyushhie storony: prishelcy, ochen poxozhi na zergov iz starkrafta i morskaya pexota, ochen poxozhi na terranov iz starkrafta. u kazhdoj storony est komanduyushhij kotoromu dayotsya vozmozhnost postroeniya zdanij i razrabotki uluchshenij s vidom sverxu, tak zhe on obladaet vozmozhnostyu davat ukazaniya igrokam. v igre mnogo taktiki, osnovnoe trebovanie unichtozhit vrazheskuyu bazu, takim obrazom mozhno zanimat pervye pozicii v tablice nikogo ne ubivaya, a unichtozhaya zdaniya. bolshoe kolichestvo uluchshenij personazha. pri etom raduet chto razrabotka personazha zavisit ot kolichestva resursov, toest bolshe poloviny igry sily ravny i odnovremenno v igre ne mozhet prisutstvovat bolshoe kolichestvo razrabotannyx personazhej. krome togo umerev v vide razrabotannogo personazha igrok vozrozhdaetsya opyat v nachalnoj forme poteryav pri etom zatrachenye na razrabotku resursy, toest poluchiv vozmozhnost voevat moshhnym boevym robotom ili zhe peredvigayushhimsya s ogromnoj skorostyu monstrom teryaetsya vozmozhnost peret naprolom i prixoditsya byt akkuratnym daby ne poteryat razrabotku. protivoborstvuyushhej storone eto dayot vozmozhnost sobratsya s silami. u prishelcev takzhe est vozmozhnost peredvigatsya po lbym poverxnostyam, bud to potolok, stena, pol ili zhe ventilyacionnaya shaxta dlya bolee skorostnogo i ne zametnogo peredvizheniya po igrovomu prostranstvu, pexota zhe nesposobna peredvigatsya po shaxtam. osobo xochetsya vydelit igrokov podderzhki, oni sposobny lechit druzhestvennyx yunitov, lechitchinit povrezhdyonnye postrojki, stroit barrikady, naprimer v uzkix proxodax i pri etom obladayut xoroshej vozmozhnostyu vesti boevye dejstviya. igra ochen ponravitsya tem kto ponimaet chto glavnoe v igre ne grafika, a xorosho i sbalansirovanno realizovannyj gemplej. igra stoit togo chtob na neyo obratit vnimanie. esli razrabotchiki zajmutsya uluchsheniem dvizhka, fiziki i raznoobraziem igrovyx prostranstv u igry est potencial dlya togo chtoby stat odnim iz luchshix mmo shuterov v mire. Expand
  43. Aug 5, 2014
    It's a unique game, with asymmetrical teams, personal resources and team resources, jetpacks, exosuits, aliens that can teleport, fly, take a tonn of damage and more. It's not the easiest game to get into if you haven't looked at any guides or something beforehand but its unusual gameplay is what makes it worthwhile. The gameplay is pretty fast paced and twitchy. You need to play as a teamIt's a unique game, with asymmetrical teams, personal resources and team resources, jetpacks, exosuits, aliens that can teleport, fly, take a tonn of damage and more. It's not the easiest game to get into if you haven't looked at any guides or something beforehand but its unusual gameplay is what makes it worthwhile. The gameplay is pretty fast paced and twitchy. You need to play as a team to succeed. If you try to go lonewolf you will die a lot, and every time you die all upgrades that you've paid for with you personal resources are lost, so you really have a strong incentive to stay alive. The game also have mod support so this means community created maps, skins etc all free content which is great. Expand
  44. Aug 18, 2013
    battlefield 1942 and natural selection 1 2 are the games with the most gametime i have in. its so much fun you can decide to play strategy when you go commander or you play as a skulk for more action. when you want a little slower gameplay you choose the gorge and build hydras( turrets) or block entrances to defend a specific location. there so many ways you can play it never gets boring.battlefield 1942 and natural selection 1 2 are the games with the most gametime i have in. its so much fun you can decide to play strategy when you go commander or you play as a skulk for more action. when you want a little slower gameplay you choose the gorge and build hydras( turrets) or block entrances to defend a specific location. there so many ways you can play it never gets boring. there was already a free dlc and the next is coming on 30th august with a new map, female marine and much more. Expand
  45. Jun 22, 2013
    I played the NS1 and felt, even today, it is the best FPS game out there. The developers stuck to their guns and did not sell the title out major distributors because they knew they had something. With the addition of NS2 and its added kick-assery, this is the reason gamers need to promote their champions. Best FPS ever! If you don't like Natural Selection you shouldn't be playing FPS.
  46. Jul 15, 2013
    One of the best FPS out there. Combines elements of FPS and RTS into one. A unique and genius invention. I strongly recommend this game to all. The only lacking element is the lack of Asian community especially Singapore/Malaysians. There are tons of Singapore servers but i guess there is a lack of publicity in the Asian market.
  47. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is fun to play both alone and with friends! It does not matter if you got it on sale or not, but this is worth your cash! I recommend that you and your friends play, its really fun!
  48. Aug 21, 2013
    A cool creative take on a class TDM/FPS genre with a dose of top-down RTS thrown in for measure (Commander Chair/Hive). Somewhat of a rehash from the original Natural Selection and with some of the things we learned along the way (Tremulous). Aliens are varied, rewarding but hard to master, Maries come loaded with tech to take out the alien scum. A cool, unique and addictive style wellA cool creative take on a class TDM/FPS genre with a dose of top-down RTS thrown in for measure (Commander Chair/Hive). Somewhat of a rehash from the original Natural Selection and with some of the things we learned along the way (Tremulous). Aliens are varied, rewarding but hard to master, Maries come loaded with tech to take out the alien scum. A cool, unique and addictive style well worth the time required to get your head around. Promotes team play (safety in numbers) and abolishes camping by rewarding work-ethic over ktdr. Expand
  49. Oct 1, 2013
    When I log into Steam, it's to play this game! An amazing blend of FPS with RTS, in which you face off as aliens or marines. I've played other multi-player FPS and they just don't keep me coming back for more the way NS2 does. Also, the developers (www.unknownworlds.com) continue to push out patches and new content for free! Also, the developers are very involved with the community andWhen I log into Steam, it's to play this game! An amazing blend of FPS with RTS, in which you face off as aliens or marines. I've played other multi-player FPS and they just don't keep me coming back for more the way NS2 does. Also, the developers (www.unknownworlds.com) continue to push out patches and new content for free! Also, the developers are very involved with the community and keep them well informed on the game and their efforts. The game is also highly mod-able and the developers promote modding. It used to have a steep learning curve, but the developers have since made the new player experience much better and recently included significantly better tutorials. This one is definitely worth checking out! Expand
  50. Jan 3, 2014
    Out of most strategy games, this one is best. Unlike Dota 2, you cannot just rush in and kill; Dota 2 gives that permission. Here in Natural Selection, you actually have to lead and take charge commanding your allies to win the game; you cannot just run in and kill. I was in a 2 hour game against my friend who was on the Marine side, and I was on the Alien side, and I beat him, and he andOut of most strategy games, this one is best. Unlike Dota 2, you cannot just rush in and kill; Dota 2 gives that permission. Here in Natural Selection, you actually have to lead and take charge commanding your allies to win the game; you cannot just run in and kill. I was in a 2 hour game against my friend who was on the Marine side, and I was on the Alien side, and I beat him, and he and I thought it was a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this game to people with a taste in strategy, command, and fight. I'm not sure if the graphics are good, since I had to lower them to improve my computer's performance, but I'm pretty sure the graphics, fighting (PvP), commanding, and the way strategy plays a significant role makes this game completely awesome. Get this game and play with others, I will assure you will have a lot of fun! Expand
  51. Dec 31, 2013
    I believe Natural Selection 2 is a masterpiece of a game, that represents the perfect blend of FPS and RTS game play. It is one of the few games where teamwork and individual skill are highly rewarded. On top of that, the community is accepting of new players and offers a friendly hand to educate those who are new.

Due to the fact that Natural Selection 2 is a hybrid of FPS and RTS game

Due to the fact that Natural Selection 2 is a hybrid of FPS and RTS game play, it allows for very competitive play in that the deciding factor of victory and defeat involves the long term decisions of a commander and/or the quick reactions and overall skill of the individual combatants (whether shooting aliens, or stalking marines). Due to this style of game play, games can very well last over an hour and yet feel very "tight" throughout the entire match.

However, as of now, there is a lack of a ranked match system. The fact that the average game easily lasts over 20 minutes, and longer games tend to last for at least an hour, a very serious deciding factor of the winner is simply how many players leave and join the game. I understand that this is not really a game breaking problem, however due to the fact that players do not have much "loyalty" to their respective team, and the fact that the average match is rather lengthy, if a number of "pro" players join or leave the match during the middle of the game, it could drastically change the fate of the match instantly. I believe that having a sort of ranked match system, like that in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, will serve a very competitive game like Natural Selection 2 justice. Having ranked matches will also remove the occasional "newb stomping" matches, where there is a skill-based team stack.

The game features asymmetrical teams with very different game play styles. This provides for a different style of FPS game play, and not the traditional shooter vs shooter like in most FPS games. I believe that because of this asymmetry, it expands the average gamer's experiences about FPS games in general. However, in Natural Selection 2, because it is also an RTS hybrid, a player could choose from essentially four game play experiences within one match alone which highly increases the game's overall learning curve. These four game play "roles" are: Marine commander, Marine player, Alien commander, and Alien player. Each type of "role" presents new strategies and information upon which the player has to know, and ultimately, having a sense of all the 4 roles is the minimum requirement for being "decent" in the game. Overall, having asymmetrical teams can interest those who are tired of the same-old shooter vs shooter, and because Natural Selection 2 is an asymmetrical FPS/RTS hybrid, such game play increases the overall learning curve to become fully understanding of every aspect, tactics and counter-tactics within the game.

Do not let the lack of a ranked match system and rather difficult learning curve stop you from playing this game however. The lack of a ranked match system simply means that Natural Selection 2 is always going to be played on a "casual" game play setting, which many FPS games have. The difficult learning curve is also easily passed if one simply spends about a good 2 hours playing in a sandbox training server by themselves, learning all of the abilities, techniques, tech-trees, map-knowledge, weapons, and life forms to get that "full" understanding of the 4 game play "roles" I mentioned earlier. Furthermore, if you still need further clarification and help, the overall community in Natural Selection 2 servers are kind, vocal, and willing to help those who ask.

I believe that Natural Selection 2 marks the standard for all asymmetrical and even symmetrical FPS/RTS hybrid games in the future. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, especially those with a background in playing other FPS and RTS games as they could easy apply their knowledge of both game genres into their Natural Selection 2 game play.
  52. Jan 6, 2014
    Steep learning curve. Except to loose hard for the first hours, especially when playing alien, which is mostly melee combat. Once you develop a feel for how the various creatures move it is extremely satisfying. Commanding is pretty hard and it takes a bit of brain to master both strategy, tactics and micromanagement.
    The marines are forced to play in small groups if they are to avoid
    The marines are forced to play in small groups if they are to avoid getting eaten by the aliens.
    Without proper team play your team looses, or will have severe difficulties ending the game. All this forces cooperation and discourages the typical CoD behavior, making NS2 a game you can spend hundreds of hours playing.
    From time to time there is an influx of rookies and this strains the community quite a bit as the rookies can easily destroy the game, thinking it is a straight FPS or jumping into the command chair without a clue about what to do. I would advice future commanders to spend some time on Youtube there are lots of great guides.
    If you are going to play this you need a reasonably powerful computer. A mic is in my opinion a hard requirement, at least for the commanders.
    Also, it hardly costs any money anymore.
  53. Apr 8, 2014
    Remember guys , Unknowworlds Studio is an indie , small development team but they still can make this great NS2
    Unlike Call of Money : Bla bla-----> every year on Steam take you 49,99$ and another 4DLC 49,99$
    Of course , the money the pour on this NS2 is still small , game still have bugs , performance Until now (2014) UWE have fixed those problem and FPS is increse ,i have to admit
    Until now (2014) UWE have fixed those problem and FPS is increse ,i have to admit that they do a great job compare to Big Company Activision
  54. May 26, 2014
    This is a 10 for the sole purpose of putting the game above 90 where it deserves to be, negative ratings about this game are simply ill informed, or from players who didn't like the fact that clicking with accuracy doesn't get you as far in this as it would in call of duty. It's an incredible game made by a team I've been following since they released natural selection 1, the mod forThis is a 10 for the sole purpose of putting the game above 90 where it deserves to be, negative ratings about this game are simply ill informed, or from players who didn't like the fact that clicking with accuracy doesn't get you as far in this as it would in call of duty. It's an incredible game made by a team I've been following since they released natural selection 1, the mod for half-life. This tiny team has put more on the table for their customers than any company I can think of. And they did it making next to no money. Shame on gamestop for **** on this games future Expand
  55. Jul 19, 2014
    Awesome game, a sequel to the best Half Life 2 mod Natural Selection or NS1, now comes Natural Selection 2 or NS2! BUT there are some problems, it takes too long on the loading screen and times-out a lot in the multiplayer! But over the past few months, I have seen Unknown World Entertainment doing updates to try and fix the problem so I know the company knows about this problem and thatAwesome game, a sequel to the best Half Life 2 mod Natural Selection or NS1, now comes Natural Selection 2 or NS2! BUT there are some problems, it takes too long on the loading screen and times-out a lot in the multiplayer! But over the past few months, I have seen Unknown World Entertainment doing updates to try and fix the problem so I know the company knows about this problem and that they are trying to fix it Expand
  56. Aug 13, 2014
    This is one of those FPS games with a tight knit community, a steep learning curve, and strong inclination towards competitive gaming. Twitch aiming, fast paced skills are necessary. This game is essentially Team Fortress Classic (not that abomination TF2), Counter-Strike, Starcraft, and Tribes all rolled into one game. Close quarter combat and a bevy of skills to learn and master.This is one of those FPS games with a tight knit community, a steep learning curve, and strong inclination towards competitive gaming. Twitch aiming, fast paced skills are necessary. This game is essentially Team Fortress Classic (not that abomination TF2), Counter-Strike, Starcraft, and Tribes all rolled into one game. Close quarter combat and a bevy of skills to learn and master. This game will supply hours of entertainment if you are the type of player who enjoys a challenge. This is not a game for you if you prefer the shoot'rm'up style of battlefield or call of duty. An underground cult classic comes to the modern age. Buy it. Expand
  57. Oct 27, 2014
    Best game i ever played, deserves more than the entire CoD Franchise ever did. The graphic effects are sublime and immersive. with smooth gameplay, aliens and marines, extra AI units, and to top it all off its just fun. No question about it.
  58. Nov 6, 2014
    I have never felt the need to write a review for metacritic until I discovered this game. I wanted to share this masterpiece of a game with the world! Natural Selection 2 is by no means a perfect game, but it is extremely enjoyable, addicting, and just plain fun. This game mixes strategy, first person shooter, and RTS elements all into one game. If shooters aren't your thing, then youI have never felt the need to write a review for metacritic until I discovered this game. I wanted to share this masterpiece of a game with the world! Natural Selection 2 is by no means a perfect game, but it is extremely enjoyable, addicting, and just plain fun. This game mixes strategy, first person shooter, and RTS elements all into one game. If shooters aren't your thing, then you can jump into the hive (yeah ALIENS!) or the command chair. Teamwork leads to victory and having a strong and cooperative team will bring you far. Both sides, the Frontiersmen (marines) and the kharaa (aliens) have unique strategies and combat options. If you're a fan of the alien franchise you'll probably love this game. NS2 is what Aliens Colonial Marines should have been like- fast paced and full of alien destruction. NS2 has a great rookie-friendly community all of who are always available to help out. So please, buy this amazing game! Expand

1. Jun 10, 2013
    Certainly not for newcomers in the genre; but it’s a blast for hardcore gamers that crave for action instead of the classic FPS mechanics and want matches that last something between a Counter-Strike and Battlefield 3 battle. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    Natural Selection 2 is unquestionably a unique title, but its bar to entry is incredibly high for the average FPS player. For the hardcore strategist, it has its appeal, but its complexity severely limits the enjoyment in matches that aren’t significantly populated by experts at the game.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    I am sure Natural Selection 2 will gather a group of devoted fans. After all it’s a good, surprisingly original game. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.50]