6.4

1. Jun 29, 2012
    bought game in february...so far i managed to find one multiplayer game , nice simulation but somehow i cant hold u online for too long till u get bored
  2. May 18, 2012
    The game is interesting and I really enjoyed first few missions. Graphics is not something to be proud of for today's HW stage of development, but the concept and the atmosphere was nice.
    But now, with missions progressing there are more and more bugs. I am sick of looking at "NWAC.exe stopped responding" message after only way to go out after freeze is Ctrl-Alt-Del.
    Today I was
    persistent and got 3 resets in a row - what a frustrating experience.
    I would loved that game - only if I could play it ...
  3. Dec 30, 2012
    Not at all a good game. Graphics are terrible and iffy simulation. Almost impossible to counter anything; the enemy has dozens of missile flying in from the other side of the map and you'll be lucky to destroy one. For the same price on Steam you can get the much better Fleet command with better graphics and simulation in a bundle with 688(I) hunter killer and sub command. Don't waste your money Expand
  4. Jun 7, 2012
    I was a big fan of Harpoon Classic back in the days of Windows 3.1, so I was looking forwards to a modern iteration of that style of game. This title will probably deliver after a few months of patches and maybe an expansion pack (coincidentally, this is published by Paradox, and that's the modus operandi for all the games they develop, too!)
    As far as I can tell (I've only managed to get
    through the first three missions, see below) it's a good successor to the Harpoon style of game with very realistically modeled combat, although immersion is hampered by certain gameplay conventions (for example, all ships of the different classes in the campaign will keep the same names from mission to mission regardless of if that ship was sunk previously, and aircraft in the 3d model take off by gliding out of the side of their hangers and ships at 45 degrees to the earth). Graphics are better than are needed, which is nice: there's a (necessarily sparse) 3d rendering of the terrain, ships and aircraft. The music isn't very good, but music isn't a lynchpin of this kind of warsim.
    Right now, though, the game is far too buggy. My game will regularly encounted a game breaker which causes the simulation to stop updating (it basically looks like it's paused except the time keeps ticking and units carry on killing one another behind the scenes). According to the technical help forums I'm not alone in this problem, it has its own sticky and everything! Shame they haven't pinned it down after all that time in development plus two months of retail.
  5. Aug 24, 2013
    WARNING! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! This genre is right up my alley, I was just beginning to love it when it broke my heart. After the first 4-5 missions (which are really easy even on hard), the game starts to struggle with multiple missiles and planes moving round the map. It eventually freezes intermittently or crashes, either way making it unplayable. Dont take my word for it go and check the forums and read the stickies to get an idea of the how the tradegy of this 'abandonware' unfolded. Strongly advise you do so before buying this game.

I'd give it a zero, except for it would actually be a really good game if only they had fixed the stability issues instead of abandoning it.
  6. Jul 11, 2012
    While the gameplay seeks to imitate modern navies, the interface need not. It's pretty unfriendly and irreflective of what the player is likely to use the most. Unoptimised is a kind way of putting. The game would benefit most from mid-level saves. Currently, you cannot save your progress during a level. I would be quite evangelical about this game if you could save it during a scenario.
  7. Apr 10, 2012
    While at first this game did seem quite interesting, enough for me to buy it after looking into it, it lacks the user friendliness of other naval combat games. Who can forget the Battlestations series? While the concept is good and the game does have its strong aspects it lacks playability which makes it quite simply unfun and not enjoyable at all.
  8. Jun 7, 2012
    As far as I can tell (I've only managed to get

1. Jun 29, 2012
    A strategic simulation of modern naval warfare whose following is smaller than it deserves.
  2. Jun 4, 2012
    Overall, Naval War: Arctic Circle offers a great simulation experience for military buffs and fans of the genre.
  3. May 28, 2012
    Sub-par presentation, naïve A.I., that can easily be tricked, many meaningless missions, almost dead multiplayer, many technical problems and crashes. But Naval War has one thing working, that always adds interest: the unpredictability factor. [June 2012]