7.5

1. Sep 23, 2012
    All around, the game is amazing, but looking back, My Player is full of Pick Up Game hackers and starting at a 40 overall is difficult and annoying. NBA 2k12 is the best for My Player but the Association is killer!
  2. Mar 8, 2011
    IGN gave 9.0 for gameplay of the game but it's just ridiculous. Passing system is just crap. You can't give long passes in top difficulty; also short passes are headache. Bounce ones are impossible. Top difficulty shouldn't mean hardcore but silly gameplay; but some senseless things happen which screw up the game. This game's top difficulty is not difficult; it's nonsense. It's not aboutIGN gave 9.0 for gameplay of the game but it's just ridiculous. Passing system is just crap. You can't give long passes in top difficulty; also short passes are headache. Bounce ones are impossible. Top difficulty shouldn't mean hardcore but silly gameplay; but some senseless things happen which screw up the game. This game's top difficulty is not difficult; it's nonsense. It's not about skill, it's about the things that can not be controlled, things beyond player's control which should be in player's control. This game is the most annoying one since Nba Live 2005. Similar gameplay. Great fail after 2k10. Collapse
  3. Oct 6, 2010
    First the good:

The audiovisual presentation in 2K10 is absolutely fantastic. Sometimes even breathtaking. The Bad: There is no defense in the game. The A.I. will leave players wide open all the time. Computer makes shots anywhere. Contesting shots is more difficult than shooting. Lot's of passes get stolen and the insane amounts of turn overs are frustrating. Inside scoring is
    First the good:

The Bad:

There is no defense in the game. The A.I. will leave players wide open all the time. Computer makes shots anywhere. Contesting shots is more difficult than shooting. Lot's of passes get stolen and the insane amounts of turn overs are frustrating. Inside scoring is a doomsday weapon . The MENU system is the most confusing in the history of gaming. It was clearly designed by bunch of colorblind leprechauns on crack. When the A.I. defends against you, it is glued to your player. But when the A.I. is on the offense, it's more slippery than Magic Johnson on steroids. NBA 2k10 version of basketball is a kind of mockery of the real thing. Of course we shouldn't forget how often the 2k servers are down or not functioning either. Another thing that makes you want to throw the DVD into a trash bin and light it on fire.

So all in all, NBA 2k10 is incredibly frustrating game. Doubly so to a casual gamer like me, who simply does not have hours upon hours to devote to an average arcade game, that may possible reward you after umpteenth month of intense gaming. One emotion you really don't want feel while playing games, is frustration. Average gaming session in NBA 2k10 is filled with frustration.
  4. JoshF
    Dec 29, 2009
    The most realistic basketball game I've ever played. Last year was a weird year for PC gamers, one in which EA and their Live basketball series left PC, and 2k Sports decided to port to PC at the same time. That really was a dream come true. I literally owned a Xbox 360 just to have 2k7, 2k8, 2k9(as they were not on PC). Anyways, 2k10 has perfected player movements, it just takes The most realistic basketball game I've ever played. Last year was a weird year for PC gamers, one in which EA and their Live basketball series left PC, and 2k Sports decided to port to PC at the same time. That really was a dream come true. I literally owned a Xbox 360 just to have 2k7, 2k8, 2k9(as they were not on PC). Anyways, 2k10 has perfected player movements, it just takes getting used to. The engine and physics are friggin genius, and the collision detection is near perfect. THe only problem is the online servers right now, but I won't dock them points for them YET......but they better get that stuff working in January. The"My Player" is X-tremely addictive: you create your player(and they force you to certain limits, like a PG can be 6'7'' at the tallest); but it's perfect. You make your character who I believe is a 40 overall, and you start in the Summer League playing 10 Games. If you are graet, you might be offered a contract. If you were decent like myself you are asked by a few teams to join their "Training Camp"; you can choose which team to go to, but you are not guaranteed to make the team. If you play poorly, you will be sent to the D-League. Play well, you will make the team. I just love the game. I've always been a HUGE association guy, manging my team, players, trades, finances, free agents, etc. This game has all that and more in Association Mode(like "upload Draft Class"), but the My Player Mode itself I have clocked around 100 hours, haha, but I went from 12th man on the Knicks to starting PG of the Knicks(take that Chris Duhon), and made the All-Star team(the 12th and final spot). Trust me. If you have not played a basketball game on PC for awhile, or even if you played 2k9, this game is A MUST BUY, especially at it's $20 price tag. *Controller needed; Logitech Dual Action is like $10 Expand
  5. JeffG
    Dec 28, 2009
    The gameplay is awesome, and it's what you are really playing it for - so with that said... the constant online loading that stops all menu action and cannot be cancelled is horrible. The menu/navigation is the worst I have ever used in any game. Good luck figuring out what to do. Did these guys ever put this in front of a user group? Gameplay is king, but the little things make me The gameplay is awesome, and it's what you are really playing it for - so with that said... the constant online loading that stops all menu action and cannot be cancelled is horrible. The menu/navigation is the worst I have ever used in any game. Good luck figuring out what to do. Did these guys ever put this in front of a user group? Gameplay is king, but the little things make me wish I had gone for EA's version (I switched this year because I had heard such good things). Expand
  6. mr.shammy
    Nov 18, 2009
    I expected a whole lot more from this installment of nba 2k. 2k9 to me right now is the better choice, as I came close enough to the real time rosters. I spent several days updating. In comparison i think there has been a huge graphics and sound improvement though. but for now my choice is still 2k9.
  7. SeanB
    Oct 12, 2009
    Another great addition to the NBA 2K series. The improvement to the gameplay is very visable and the graphics again visibly stunning. The live mode is the best bit where you can play games just about to commence on the TV. Finally a big thank-you for 2k Sports for a great basketball sim on the PC!
  8. KenjiG
    Oct 12, 2009
    What else can i say this is the best basketball game of the year. Man! you will get your money's worth.
  9. Mar 8, 2011

1. 2K's still doing its job properly, just as it has to be done. The latest edition of the basketball sim has improved in every aspect of the gameplay mechanics, but's still suffering some lame player animations. With plenty of gameplay modes -including online, my player, real NBA stats...-, this year's version is one of the best sports videogames that we've played so far.
    With solid, fast paced gameplay and an excellent presentation that's easily the best the series has ever had, NBA 2K10 continues its strong pedigree of great basketball.
  3. There are many similiarties from 2K9 that carried over to 2K10, but the PC's inclusion of Living Rosters, Online Play, NBA Today, My Player Mode and the $20 price tag will have you playing this until 2K11 comes out.