8.6

1. Oct 5, 2010
    WOW! simply the best sports game I've ever played in any platforms especially on a PC. Everything is top notched and the attention to details is just awesome. A masterpiece of it's own, having Jordan and not being satisfied with it and still improving everything from last year. They answered all the Basketball fans and also sports fans who wants to try playing some b-ball fun. Absolutely beautiful, graphics, realistic animations, incredible dynamic commentary and of course Michael Jordan make it a 10 to all that love greatness! :) Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2010
    Just as with 2k10, the audiovisual presentation in 2k11 is top notch. The attention to detail is incredibly impressive. The addition of Jordan is a nice thing. Too bad all the surface polish won't do away the familiar problems the 2k franchise has refused to address for years now. As with 2k10, the defense is nonexistent. The A.I. will leave players wide open all the time. Contesting shots is often useless. Your team mates are useless. Often the computer will simply run around you without much trouble, because the player you control is still going through the predetermined animation you cannot stop. The passing game is even worse than previous year. Even the most simple pases produce high number of turnovers. Inside scoring is still a doomsday weapon, so players like Shaq can dominate the game with great ease. 2K franchise looks better than a year go, but all the problems that 2K10 had, remain. Collapse
  3. Oct 5, 2010
    Quite simply the greatest sports sim I have ever played. Fantastic gameplay, great game modes (the Jordan modes are just awesome) great to see classic teams there too, game looks awesome too and sounds great with the awesome commentary and new sideline reporter. A must buy for any basketball fan and for anyone looking for a great gaming experience!
  4. May 21, 2011
    This is so far the best NBA Video Game I've ever played. It's more realistic than any other NBA Video Game... especially the NBA Live series. I love the fact that they put the Jordan features, it excites the game more. There are some glitches though... but it is still great!
  5. Jun 27, 2011
    Perfect 10. The best sports game I've ever played. Great visuals, great sound effects, decent commentary. Multi-player is very fun, as well as the Jordan challenges. The shooting feels very realistic. You can really tell when a player is fatigued as he shoots and misses. The moves are a bit hard to learn at first, but once you pick up on them you learn to use them very fluidly. The player animations are very smooth and there are a few HD shadow and texture packs for the PC version that make this game look even more stunning. This game is surprisingly well optimized for PC. I'd say a $400 PC build can run this game very well.

I disagree with some of the negative opinions others have left. This is an NBA simulator, not the new Hang Time. The passing system in 2k11 is much more realistic; if you think you can just lob a basketball about 90ft across a basketball court neatly into someone's hands, you should try playing basketball. If you attempt such a move in 2k11, the AI will usually intercept your pass. Sometimes, you do manage to make the pass but the receiving player has to make a little effort to get the ball under control. The AI defense is fine, I've never seen them act annoying leaving players open beyond a realistic level.
  6. Aug 3, 2011
    As a Chicago Bulls fan, i was stunned when i installed and played the game for the first time. Michael Jordan and Jordan campaign was nice but some modes like My Player is getting boring after a while. Graphics are not too bad but sometimes after you dunk, you can see defenders' heads can be invisible. There are some weird glitches like that but should you play it you will have fun.
  7. Apr 3, 2013
    Tout simplement le meilleur jeu de sport, depuis plus de 3 ans !
    Graphismes inégalés (les versions 2012 et 2013 sont inférieures), gameplay quasi parfait, modes de jeux variés (le mode M.J pour les fans est un très beau clin d'oeil)
    à cela, on peut en plus sur PC ajouter des mods pour rejouer les saisons de 1991 2013...
  8. Oct 13, 2010

1. Dec 23, 2010
    "Brilliant" is the best word that sums up NBA 2K11.
  2. Dec 22, 2010
    If you (and we mean it for real) really want to engage in a basketball-game, you will hardly find another sports game that comes even close to NBA 2K11.
    Improved basketball simulation returns to history and lets us play as legendary Michael Jordan. Unfortunately, some glitches remind us that this is a poorly optimized console port. [Dec 2010]