NBA 2K11 PC

8.6

1. Oct 13, 2010
    Just as with 2k10, the audiovisual presentation in 2k11 is top notch. The attention to detail is incredibly impressive. The addition of Jordan is a nice thing. Too bad all the surface polish won't do away the familiar problems the 2k franchise has refused to address for years now. As with 2k10, the defense is nonexistent. The A.I. will leave players wide open all the time. ContestingJust as with 2k10, the audiovisual presentation in 2k11 is top notch. The attention to detail is incredibly impressive. The addition of Jordan is a nice thing. Too bad all the surface polish won't do away the familiar problems the 2k franchise has refused to address for years now. As with 2k10, the defense is nonexistent. The A.I. will leave players wide open all the time. Contesting shots is often useless. Your team mates are useless. Often the computer will simply run around you without much trouble, because the player you control is still going through the predetermined animation you cannot stop. The passing game is even worse than previous year. Even the most simple pases produce high number of turnovers. Inside scoring is still a doomsday weapon, so players like Shaq can dominate the game with great ease. 2K franchise looks better than a year go, but all the problems that 2K10 had, remain. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2011
    Perfect 10. The best sports game I've ever played. Great visuals, great sound effects, decent commentary. Multi-player is very fun, as well as the Jordan challenges. The shooting feels very realistic. You can really tell when a player is fatigued as he shoots and misses. The moves are a bit hard to learn at first, but once you pick up on them you learn to use them very fluidly. The playerPerfect 10. The best sports game I've ever played. Great visuals, great sound effects, decent commentary. Multi-player is very fun, as well as the Jordan challenges. The shooting feels very realistic. You can really tell when a player is fatigued as he shoots and misses. The moves are a bit hard to learn at first, but once you pick up on them you learn to use them very fluidly. The player animations are very smooth and there are a few HD shadow and texture packs for the PC version that make this game look even more stunning. This game is surprisingly well optimized for PC. I'd say a $400 PC build can run this game very well.

I disagree with some of the negative opinions others have left. This is an NBA simulator, not the new Hang Time. The passing system in 2k11 is much more realistic; if you think you can just lob a basketball about 90ft across a basketball court neatly into someone's hands, you should try playing basketball. If you attempt such a move in 2k11, the AI will usually intercept your pass. Sometimes, you do manage to make the pass but the receiving player has to make a little effort to get the ball under control. The AI defense is fine, I've never seen them act annoying leaving players open beyond a realistic level.

1. Dec 23, 2010
    "Brilliant" is the best word that sums up NBA 2K11.
  2. Dec 22, 2010
    If you (and we mean it for real) really want to engage in a basketball-game, you will hardly find another sports game that comes even close to NBA 2K11.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 22, 2010
    Improved basketball simulation returns to history and lets us play as legendary Michael Jordan. Unfortunately, some glitches remind us that this is a poorly optimized console port. [Dec 2010]