7.0

1. Mar 3, 2012
    NBA 2K12 is very good, in theory. It has great visuals, an amazing soundtrack, and a nice array of gameplay options. The MyPlayer mode in particular is really fun, and well designed. Unfortunately, I feel like this game is meant to be played on a console. The PC version controls are very obviously still meant to use two analog control sticks, and on a keyboard, things work terribly.NBA 2K12 is very good, in theory. It has great visuals, an amazing soundtrack, and a nice array of gameplay options. The MyPlayer mode in particular is really fun, and well designed. Unfortunately, I feel like this game is meant to be played on a console. The PC version controls are very obviously still meant to use two analog control sticks, and on a keyboard, things work terribly. Trying to re-map keys so that the game plays more smoothly did not help at all (or at least didn't for me). The menus are also awful. Not only is it hard to navigate around, but information gets displayed in the most annoying ways. I actually have had fun playing NBA 2K12, but I can't overlook how bad it is in certain aspects. Expand
  2. Oct 15, 2011
    Controls are utter feces. Nothing ingame has been changed from the PS3 version and the game wants you to use ASWD and 2486 as analog sticks. Good luck doing a rotating dunk on the numpad.

Buy it for a console instead, it's not meant for a PC
  3. Dec 20, 2011
    Game is fun but so many many technical flaws make this frustrating pretty soon and you will put this game down after the initial experience wears off.

First of all I play with the 360 controller which I highly recommend. I cannot speak for the keyboard controls because I havent taken time to get used to them.. The gameplay is very smooth and has the most realistic feel than any other

The gameplay is very smooth and has the most realistic feel than any other basketball game you have played out there...but it is the tiny little things that add up to make you want to put this game away for good..a few examples of which I will share

1. On a fastbreak the CPU easily intercepts and controls your passes regardless of how much advantage you had. It takes just one defender standing in the middle of the paint, sticks his arm out and the ball is his almost all of the time unless you pass the ball to a cutting teammate when you are right within layup range yourself. Also the speed at which the CPU runs back on defense does not depend on speed or quickness ratings at all..Even big men will run faster than guards and leave you feeling unsatisfied on the fastbreak so many times because the defense unrealistically tightened up on you when you had a head of steam on them...this really adds up. Fastbreak is one of the most exciting parts of playing basketball in real of video game and if you dont get to have fun with it then you can see how the more grinding parts of playing the game will get to you slowly..

2. It is too hard to make a driving layup or slash to the bucket in this game on half court. It is so hard to break someone off the dribble..even the big men...It is so bad that you will end up playing a jumpshot oriented game eventually because of how unfruitful trying to slash to the basket can be majority of the times.

3. Trade logic is horribe in Association mode and My player mode..the CPU teams make the most horrendous trades. Completely unbalanced, unnecessary, trading for a player when they dont even need someone who plays his position. CPU teams may end up having a logjam at guard positiion..It just kills the feel of advancing through the game. The NBA teams look like a joke the deeper you go in.

4. The game will feel rigged at times. Especially when the CPU is trying to make a comeback. Your wideopen shots will fail but they can hit contested fadeaway 3s.

There are many tiny things like this that will turn you off from this game. I am a big NBA fan so it is hard for me to simply let go off this game...but it wont be the same for everyone..

A patch is supposed to come out for PC but it wont be for around a month or even more from me writing this review. You cannot leave a game this unpolished and flawed out for users to have to play with...

PS: the online feature is garbage and does not work on PC..
  4. Jul 21, 2012
    My rating would be higher if the game didn't have all those major functional freezes, which throw away all the experience. The game itself, the gameplay, is superb. A wonderful delicattessen for any true basketball fun. You can play tactically and slow, or just run and shoot. The physics, movements, and impacts are greatly done, it is the best basketball game ever by far.

But the PC

But the PC version was released with some major bugs that just ruined the potential perfection.
  5. Apr 3, 2013
    Une mise jour ratée du fabuleux 2K11, un bug honteux ou tous les joueurs en repli défensif courent la même vitesse, des graphismes inférieurs.
    2 bonnes choses tout de même, le jeu au poste et le mode légende.
    Et toujours les mods qui sur cet opus couvrent plusieurs décennies de basket.

1. Jan 16, 2012
    NBA 2K12 is a true act of love for basketball: a fun game with great audio and graphic, and with several gameplay's improvements. Higly recommended.
  2. Jan 10, 2012
    2K's NBA is still the best sports simulator out there.
    Its visuals are perfect, controls are friendly and historical matches are fun. [Nov 2011]