NBA 2K14 PC

4.8

1. Dec 23, 2013
    This years NBA 2K has a lot of improvement over last years installment for sure. Don't listen to anybody telling you that this is just a roster update. It's true that the PC version didn't get as much of an overhaul as the 360/PS3 version. But for the reduced price,This PC version is a great deal and has much to offer.
    Value:10/10
    On the surface the presentation has been updated to a
    Value:10/10

On the surface the presentation has been updated to a much more pleasant look and feel. But the changes are only skin deep. Not too much time went in to doing much more than that. The new soundtrack is solid and the commentary is exceptionally well done again this year(50 Hours Of New Commentary). Veteran gamers of previous installments of the series will still occasionally hear recycled sound bits of the years past. But not so much that it would detract from the game-play experience. You will rarely hear the same thing twice in any one game.
    Presentation: 8/10

No real new features in MyCareer or Association beyond minor fixes and updates. A new "Path To Greatness" mode offers LeBron James fans the chance to step in his shoes and relive the past as well as guide him in his future endeavors(Wherever that may be).
    The roster is updated with last years draft class as well as 14 Euroleague teams from around the world.
    Features: 4/10

The In-game graphics and the look of the players haven't really changed much since last year. But there have been tons of new animations added to the game. While the PC's NBA 2K14 is never going to look as good as the next-gen consoles, With all of the graphic enhancement and cyber-face mods out there for the PC version you can make an already good looking game even better.
    Graphics: 7/10

Where NBA 2K14 for the PC really shines is in its game-play. It's one of those things that can't really be described. It has to be played! 2K13's game-play was great. But 2K14 just feels and plays so much better than great. The spacing, Animations, Movement, Dribbling, Shooting, Defending and player interaction is almost perfect. The AI has taken a huge step forward on both sides of the ball as well. I can't say enough about how well this game feels and plays.
    Gameplay: 11/10 (Above And Beyond)

Bottom line: If you liked NBA 2K12 or 13, You are going to love this game. If you are just a casual gamer looking to play a great Basketball game, There is none better than NBA 2K14.
  2. Dec 23, 2013
    Better game than last year, But was hoping for a little more. For $30 it's a good buy. Would have glady paid $60 for a few more features though.
    8.5 I rated 10 because too many people gave this a 0 rating,
    Come on people let's be fair. It's the best basketball game on the market.
    I challenge anyone to name a better B-Ball game than 2K14.

Can't wait for NBA 2K15.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    Best sport game for sure. This year I liked the realistic moves you make to shoot and to block. All players are better balanced and myPlayer you are not an stupid from beginning like years before, you are a normal player and can get improvements. Thanks 2k.
  4. Apr 5, 2014
    This is the first basketball game I've played since probably NBA Shootout on the PS1, so I'm not gonna complain about the lack of updates from last season. I really enjoyed 2K14, for the most part. The gameplay is pretty smooth once you get the hang of it, and MyCareer mode is a lot of fun. Here's the thing, though. I pretty much had to hack my stats using a cheat program to get anyThis is the first basketball game I've played since probably NBA Shootout on the PS1, so I'm not gonna complain about the lack of updates from last season. I really enjoyed 2K14, for the most part. The gameplay is pretty smooth once you get the hang of it, and MyCareer mode is a lot of fun. Here's the thing, though. I pretty much had to hack my stats using a cheat program to get any enjoyment out of this. If I didn't, my player would start off his rookie season unable to dunk and regularly missing wide open layups. I understand that they want to make this kinda RPG-like in that you level up your character as you play, but in the NBA, a guard who was regularly clanking layups and couldn't shoot from past 10 feet wouldn't even get past training camp. Once I rigged my stats, though, things were a lot beter. The other thing is that your coach's AI is absolute crap. You could be singlehandedly bringing your team back in the 4th quarter, and all of the sudden you'll get pulled from the game for the final four minutes. WTF is that? Well, those are all somewhat significant annoyances, but to me, they really don't outweigh what this game does right, which is making it feel a heck of a lot like you're leading an NBA team. I give it 8 out of 10. Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2013
    I don't feel to give a negative vote because don't think that is a play so bad. many people says that is the same the last year. Maybe I could be agree with them but NBA13 it was not crappy. In general The game seems very similar at NBA13 but for me it's improved something when you performing action to attack the iron.
  6. Feb 11, 2014
    Stop sabotaging you f**king maggots. this game is not that bad for "individual" game.
    I'm mad about "not so different with 2K13" things too, but zero? That's stupid or paid sabotage.
  7. Dec 30, 2013
    Not the greatest port over for surfing the menu's, and creating an account (one which I already had, and wouldn't let me log into from 2k13), but that said it is a good game. The updated physics and AI really put a nice touch on it. The player ratings are suspect in some cases as 2k sports seems to only focus on big market winning teams (Darren Collison is an 80, but Teague is a 77? notNot the greatest port over for surfing the menu's, and creating an account (one which I already had, and wouldn't let me log into from 2k13), but that said it is a good game. The updated physics and AI really put a nice touch on it. The player ratings are suspect in some cases as 2k sports seems to only focus on big market winning teams (Darren Collison is an 80, but Teague is a 77? not buying that). Love the upgrades to paint defense (Hibbert rotates and dominates the paint now) but hating how you get called for blocking fouls just for blocking the path to the hoop. Overall would rate it 8.5 easily, gave it a 10 to quiet all the haters. Those saying it's simply a "Roster Update" haven't played these games extensively. This is my first time playing it on a computer, but it's definitely an upgrade in graphics over the 2k13 console version, and the player AI is much better than years past except for how often players chill out of bounds.

Also, this isn't meant to be played on a keyboard/mouse. I'd highly recommend buying a wired controller if you're complaining how you can't get to the hoop on a keyboard.....
  8. Jun 13, 2014
    For all of you playing on PC... Stop being Cheap and get the ps4 and the nba 2k14 to go along with it lol! Nba 2k14 is a GREAT! game! .................................................................
  9. Mar 9, 2015
    Seeing as how there aren't too many sports games left for PC gamers, the fact that '2K Sports' continues to put out anything is refreshing, to say the least. Remember when you could play any sports game that you wanted to on your computer? Yeah well, I can't hardly remember those days either. What the hell happened there? Oh well, anyway, I'm sure this release is an awful lot like theSeeing as how there aren't too many sports games left for PC gamers, the fact that '2K Sports' continues to put out anything is refreshing, to say the least. Remember when you could play any sports game that you wanted to on your computer? Yeah well, I can't hardly remember those days either. What the hell happened there? Oh well, anyway, I'm sure this release is an awful lot like the previous year's release, but I don't own that version so here's a review for 2014. This game is great. It's as simple as that. And no, not because Lebron James is on the cover. That's just an added bonus. No, this is simply the best basketball game ever made...to date. I mean, what else do I need to say? Do you like basketball? You do? Do you like video games? You do? Shocking. Then this is a no-brainer. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    NBA 2K14 is generally speaking excellent, but you get a feeling that major improvements are being saved over to NBA 2K15. [Nov 2013]
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    But that aside, NBA 2K14 continues to do the main things right when it comes to a basketball game.