• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: May 18, 2009
6.1

1. Nov 28, 2012
    It's funny how people give it a 2 or 3 after probably playing this for... like 1 hour. This game starts dull, where you fight supernatural creatures with WW1 weaponry, but 2-3 hours into the game, you also get supernatural powers and become a powerhouse of destruction... and fun. GRAPHICS: It's the PK engine, so don't expect anything great. SOUND: Cheesy voice acting, but some nice weapon sounds. Repetitive music. Expand
  2. May 31, 2011
    Great game if you love Painkiller or similar games.
    Lots of undead to blast away (though I'd love some more), interesting story and enough dynamic gameplay to keep you interested all the way through.

Though it needs to be harder (on a higher difficulty), more monsters and co-op mode.

Review is based on NecroVision: Lost Company
    seams it doesn't exist on Metacritic
  3. Jun 10, 2012
    The fancy is okay, but the implementation is terrible. The graphics is too old, some sounds and musics is sucks. There are a lot of bugs. Bad story, monoton, boring. The AI is one of the worst in games history (maybe the Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the worst which i played).
  4. Nov 30, 2011
    The game is fun. If you ever played the old 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' this game will give you a little nostalgia. The graphics are not the bad either, not spectacular, but great. The zombies and weapons are fun to use and the array of different weapons are great too! Also the physics and fun to play with as well and the voice acting isn't that bad minus the main characters. But, this game is not without its flaws. You will find yourself killing that same respawn soldier in that window over and over and over again. Also you will tire of hearing the germans shout "I am defending!" since thats usually all they say. This game also makes aiming for the head very critical on harder difficulties since it will take 5+ rifle rounds to down 1 enemy with 15 more enemies to go. But, the one this that will irratate you is your character cheesy one liners after every kill and every event and every cut scene... and after the 100th time of him saying "What the H-ell is going on here?!" and "Remember my naaaame!" you will want to strangle a small child. Expand
  5. Jul 24, 2012
    This game is fun it has the right feel for a shooter game, does lack on the story line a bit.. The character your playing can use more emotion in the voice. I'm into any zombie shooter game and there are very few goods ones out there. So I gave this game a good rating.
  6. Feb 10, 2013
    Wow kind of suprised picked this up after Last Company the prequel sequel, the first game seems to have better A.I. and better designed levels. On steam it says for XP only however I can run this on W7HP64bit in compatibility mode XP sp2 as Admin with the retail disc version which I have so go figure. Fast frantic fun.
  7. Sep 5, 2012
    I guess if ZacharyB can score this game without playing it, I can too. I'm happy to see WW1 get some attention without worrying about how accurate a video game is. I really don't think anyone is going to become confused about whether or not World War 1 involved zombies. 10/10 to make up for the guy being an ass.
  8. Apr 22, 2014
    A game I really wanted to enjoy but was let down by : weak controls , annoyingly poor enemy Ai and a complete lack of atmosphere. A combat heavy WWI sim would work if it focused on the visceral horror of trench combat, a WWI shooter could work with a strong plot and likeable lead character. A WWI survival horror could work in a counting-every-bullet, monsters-in-the-trenches kind of way. This is just a weak WWI Doom wannabe. Sad to see a lot of potential wasted. For a game that came out 5 years after the first painkiller(!) this certainly seems like an inferior predecessor. Expand

1. An insipid and trite game that struggles with plot, consistency and character, settling instead for a mindless headlong charge. [Mar 2009, p.118]
  2. Crazy as hell Necrovision brings a new perspective to the events of World War One. Strictly a linear action shooter excels with an unconventional set of weapons and frantic boss fights. Unfortunately, the graphics don't match the extreme HW requirements. [Feb 2009]
  3. A game that can be fun, but overall not so good. Great visuals and an interesting combat system, with some good moments. But its story is not as good as it should be, gameplay is a bit harsh playing with keyboard, and it's so typical that it isn't a fun experience overall.