6.5

1. Nov 22, 2010
    I was waiting for something like this, an old-like NFS, and it's seems that EA listened to me. AWESOME graphics, scenery, cars, crashes, EVERYTHING looks gorgeous. The only thing that I can regret for, is the "impossibility" of change things, such as graphics, driving helps, etc. But I think they will fix it, with some kind of patch. But in spite of that, it's a great game. Congratulations EA!
  2. Nov 20, 2010
    Enjoyable, challenging, LIGHTNING FAST! A gorgeous racing game packed with LOTS of action, and offers a very reactive control scheme. Finally an enjoyable NFS up to its name! Considering Burnout Paradise was the fastest racing game full of action, Criterion Games proved themselves again in making the newest Hot Pursuit. Extremely detailed graphics in terms of cars and the world itself, lots of cars, very enjoyable game modes and missions, The sound effects are simply BRUTAL. As an engine kicks in, as you wreck another car, the speed feeling blows your head off! Ever wondered why is there a Bugatti Veyron in NFS - Shift, while you can't get it to top speed? Forget this. Hot Pursuit offers very open and long roads in various environments, so you can blast your way through them like a tornado with nitro. I did not enjoy the last 4-5-6 Need for Speed games, but this one seriously worths its price. Fantastic, awesome, rapid, adrenaline packed game. Well done, Criterion! Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2010
    first off, it is the most anticipated racing game this year. but I had to hestitate because of Assassin's creed brotherhood. fortunately(?) PC version is delay to Feb, 2011. so I just got it. it's been about 4 days since I have played. graphic seems to improve better than previous hot pursuit EA game. control, all other stuff is similar. but it's not why this game is so shine. it actually added the functionality of social network. I think it is great idea especially for PC. since console boxes have already this kind of function long time ago. I guess that EA was listen to customers what they wanted for the game. photo, post (twitter like) is brilliant. updated news also gives me what's going on recently. multiplayer mode offers various racing options which I like to play it more than ever. only thing what I concern is that there is no detail video settings. so I can't really adjust for optimization. other than that, the game is unbelievably near perfect. so far I haven't found any bug both for single and multiplayer mode. I think that this is what we want. Thank you EA to bring awesome game. Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2010
    Racing with weapons? Yes please. This is another adrenaline packed Criterion game. Great graphics, cars, online multiplayer. It's got the lot, at the right price. However, sim fanatics will hate the fun beats realism concept, so they they should definitely buy something else.
  5. Feb 21, 2011
    Finally NFS has gone back to its original style! The graphics are decent, sound is good, loading times aren't too bad. The Races and Cop chases are sufficient. Going as fast as possible in Freeplay mode is good fun. The gameplay is ok but needs tweaking. There seems to be an unresponsive steering delay which gets you into crashes, it can be a huge task trying to avoid oncoming traffic properly. Drifting around corners can be a bit tricky, the cars seem to power slide and tire squeal a bit excessively. It would be great if the driving dynamics was more similar to Grid. The game deserves a 9 but I gave it a 10 because this is how Need for speed games should be like.. driving Lambo's at high speed down long country roads. The game is called "Need for Speed" after all ;) Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2010
    I loved the original Hot Pursuit, so I looked forward to playing this game. Most Wanted was fun, but it took too much configuring to get it to look OK on a widescreen monitor. Everything else in the series didn't interest me all that much. They all seemed to be "Fast and Furious - The Game". This is not a racing sim by any stretch of the imagination. This is an arcade type racing game. For that I'm greatful. I don't have to worry about banging a $250,000 sports car against a guardrail. At first I was mostly sticking with playing the street racers, but it's just as much fun to get behind the wheel as a cop and take down the criminals.

As per normal for the NFS series, you get a real sense of speed, and I find that I can finally handle the corners better than ever. This may be in part because I finally gave up on my Logitech gamepad and (stares at shoes) bought an Xbox 360 controller. I hate to say this, but it is the best gamepad for Windows 7. You plug it in, and it works.

You can't tweak the cars in this game, which is a half point against it. However there are quite a few cars available and they do unlock at a good rate. The EMP, and Spike strips are fun to deploy in the Hot Pursuit modes, but here timing is everything. (I actually managed to run over my own spike strip.) The game runs well, but the lack of graphic settings is another point against the game. Even at 1920 X 1080, the lack of an anti-alias setting is sorely missed. I've completed one race on line and there was a very slight lag. Not Black Ops lag, but there was some none the less. I still enjoyed it, and look forward to playing it more, once I get used to the maps. All in all, the game is great fun, and a worth while purchase for anyone looking for an arcade racer.
  7. Nov 27, 2010
    On my dual GTX-580's this game is godlike, it forces you to pick certain cars which is a turn off, but the free ride and the spike stripping the PO-lice make it so worth getting...

I wish I had Spike Strips.
  8. Dec 21, 2010
    This game is great, the socially connected online features that Criterion has created brings real innovation to the racing game genre. The game modes are solid, but it's Autolog's friends comparison engine that really brings the game to life. Competition can become intense as you attempt to shave fractions of seconds off of your friend's times. Almost all of the negative reviews on here fail to mention online play, or Autolog, which was locked out of the pirated version so I presume the majority of poor user reviews are from pirates who are only playing 60% of the game. Buy the full version, play the full game and see for yourself. Possible contender for game of the year. Expand
  9. Dec 22, 2010
    Apart from the sulky reviewers that either cannot drive or expect human like behaviour from the AI, this is an excellent game if you are looking for fast paced fun. It really comes into its own when you have friends and play as cops v racers. Yes it has some issues, what game hasn't ? Scenery is nice, cars handle arcade style, not sim, so anyone can drive. If you can't beat the AI on this, play something else ! Just wish they could add proper wheel support, which criterion and ea are just too lazy to incorporate. Works great with 360 controller on PC. Servers can be apain to connect with friends, as it regularly drops someone, but that is a minor set back. Playing this with friends is the way to go, and single player will hone your skills. Beautifully rendered cars, but no unique handling features apart from the odd weight difference. Expand
  10. Dec 23, 2010
    If you are looking for the NFS Most Wanted/Underground type gameplay, then this is not for you. If you enjoy the burnout series, and/or the first few need for speed games, then this will be great for you. I will say that in normal races it plays like standard burnout, and would only merit a 6/7 for me. however, when you go into the more innovative game types such as Hot Pursuit, the game completely changes from normal racing to the best racing game i have ever played. I will also say that i got this game expecting it to be like previous NFS games (car modifications, etc.) , but i was pleasantly surprised to find it different.
    People will say that it is not like the rest of the NFS franchise, and it plays more like like burnout. I agree with them, but this does not make it a bad game. Overall, the best racing game i have ever played.
  11. Dec 25, 2010
    NFS games of late have been poor to say the least, however this game has exceeded my expectations.
    This game has a good variety of game types and excellent graphics.
    The online multiplayer is great and is suitable for all variety of racers.
    The best thing about the multiplayer is that if you aren't comfortable using the high powered cars you can race the slower cars and race against cars
    of a similar spec. E.G. you cant be in a subaru Impreza vs a Bugatti Veyron.

Finally they have made a good NFS game.
    10 / 10
  12. Jan 4, 2011
    I think this game is good. I don't play too many racing games, but as far as games like DiRT 2 and GRID goes, this is right there next to them. A lot of people are giving this game bad ratings because of their own PC limitations and ignorance, and that's pretty stupid. Nvidia's already confirmed to be releasing a patch that will allow forced AA through inspector, and ATI users already have CCC patched which lets them do that. If you know how to open up your GPU's graphic options from the desktop, you can force any type of graphic options you want, which makes the argument "This game doesn't support any graphics/AA/etc!!!!" null. And it'd be pretty lol if you fell back on "Well it should have been in the game anyway!!!!!". You can't turn the low-category/starter cars on a dime. That's the deal with every racing game and it's an effective system to encourage the player to upgrade. Delay issues are purely individual-based and are not widespread. This game has fantastic graphics, fluid and intense gameplay, great sounds and music, and I'm having a great time playing in it. The only reason I can't give it a 10 is because I don't play too many racing games and because I haven't played the game for at least 100 hours yet. I don't recommend listening to anyone who says that you can't change your graphic settings such as the amount of Anti-Aliasing, that cheaper/easier-to-obtain cars should have perfect handling, or anything else that they nitpicked. This is a great game, and even though I got it for free, I'd pay full price for it. Thanks for reading.

4GB RAM
    GTX 480 @ 1GB
    3.4GHz Phenom II X4
  13. Feb 22, 2011
    Game is awesome!!! Graphics are great!!! game play is awesome both single player and multiplayer..The only drawback is the no chat in game or lobby...
  14. Mar 22, 2011
    I've set up the account just to make a review for this game... I'd say it's an epic product if you are playing it on an older machine like mine (core 2 duo 2.13///2gb of 'mystery' RAM///8600GT). I am playing it on 1280x1024 with HQ textures on and it is perfectly smooth with some odd shortcuts where the game goes down to 15-20 FPS.
    As for the gameplay, it is the true meaning of words Need
    for Speed, if you're looking for some cheap simulators go play toca race driver or gran turismo... It is a pure speed-based game. Just like the HP2 from ~2000 it is about getting to the finish line 1st.
    There are two storylines, one - the racer and second - the cop; after 2 days of 5+ hrs of playing im not half way through the ranks, but have unlocked almost all events.
    For the game physics, its the 1st game where I noticed it takes time for the driver to turn the god damn steering wheel - stop whining about it, its the way it should be. For the drifting part - find an explanation of words 'Need for Speed' somewhere on the internet... this game is about pure speeeeeed
    The 4 'weapons' are IMO a funny solution that replaced the tuning progress.
    Overall, game features something new, like undercover, but much better (well yeah UC was a fail), with a wide variety of cars, rapidly unlocked one by one at the early stage the game allows you to test all of them on different tracks... and dividing cars into 'series' is a perfect solution separating all BMWs and similar from Veyron and Koenigseggs.
    If you are not after realism and some crap simulators but looking for a game that introduces something new to the market i'd deffinitely recommend it to you.
  15. Jun 22, 2011
    real nfs game like a first hot pursuit. not simulation but pure fun with fight between racers vs cops. plus very nice graphic and arcade gameplay. with MP is really addicted. (who want sim : buy Rfactor and who want semi-sim - go for Shift 2. this IS ARCADE) for me 100% fun
  16. Nov 25, 2011
    I'm sure many newer players will not be satisfied by this turn of the game. However, older players like myself, who have played since the begging of this series and remember what Need for Speed used to stand for, will love this game. NFS back in early days it was just 2 simple things. Exotic cars, racing at exotic places. Add some cops for a spicy note and here we are. The last NFS with this recipe was the Need for Speed 6, a.k.a. Hot Pursuit 2 (because the original Hot Pursuit, was NFS 3).
    After that Underground and Most Wanted were good games, but the only common they did had with the past of this series were just... that you drive cars.

Sorry guys, I enjoyed UG and MW but I never felt them like NFS games.

Now NFS is back to the root and I can't give less than 10 for this great game. I wish the series will get separated, 1 at classic style like this game and one with tunned imports. Everybody will be satisfied, including myself.
  17. Jan 11, 2011
    Very good graphics and gameplay, strong multiplayer component. Nice crashing/damage model and takes "catastrophic" crashes into account nicely without demanding perfect driving... (it may hurt me to put a scratch on a Lambo, but at least the game recognizes such mistakes as minor things). It was annoying to be forced into an unskippable advertisement at first startup, but at least it only happens once. I also wish the multiplayer allows for racing with AI cops (so both human players can race). Otherwise, I'm not sure why there are so many low user scores here, this game is great. Takes me back to the original releases. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for a simulator, and this is the racer title I've turned to. Reviewers that are bashing the driving mechanics may need to tune their controllers rather than assume the gameplay is borked. Expand
  18. Jun 17, 2011
    NFS Hot Pursuit is a game where players get play as both cops and speeders. I like the game and it provides a very unique experience as players get to test out new super cars while evading the law, this wouldn't be the best game I've ever had but it's worth buying. It will test your driving abilities.
  19. Jun 20, 2011
    This game is amazing, the graphics are amazing, the scenery is amazing, and the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. Online especially is so fun, online is amazing, NFS has gone back to its original style. The game has so much to offer, so many different places to race, a wide variety of cars, and online you race as a cop or the racer, the cop trying to catch the racer, the racer trying to get away, with friends this is so fun, I love it. Anyone who disses this game don't know what up. Really though, give it a shot, it's like $30 bucks max, and it's so worth it, very fun. Expand
  20. Apr 8, 2012
    Need 4 Speed HP 2 for the PS2 was very fun. The best NFS was one of the Underground/2/Most Wanted. I expected much from this one. This is a big dissapointment for all the NFS shift players because it is brutally arcade! But proper arcade it is! I really love it. Smash around corner with insane drifts and wrecking opponents with spike strips. The last stages are kind of hardcore 2 get gold but it is really really good! Expand
  21. Apr 29, 2012
    This will be my second 9 out of 10 for any game, I only have one 10 out of 10 but its not listed on metacritic. I will explain all of the reasons I really cannot give it any lower than 9 out of 10 so please bear with me. First of all, the game play is amazing if you like street racing games, the campaign is moderately long and you can be either a cop or a racer. Both of which are incredibly fun to play with different types of races/missions. The controls might be a little quirky but they are moderately easy to get used to. The cops vs racers game play is fun in it self, even though some players can use cheap bs tactics and it kinda takes the racing element out of a "racing game" when they drive around in circles and are not timed. Aside from this, unethical and cheap shot tactic, its a fairly fun mulitplayer mode to play with your friends. Multiplayer is moderately dead right now but the single player is fun as can be as well. People who say every car has issues driving or feels heavy, or some delay, they either got the game and it was patched after or they did not give it a full chance. To those who say it has beautiful graphics, I gotta give them two thumbs up as it is incredible. Even the cars have different moving mechanics, including different drift speeds, how easily you drift, how fast you can go, how soon you can drift you are just turning and not hitting the brakes, etc. The controls are the big issue for newcomers here, the scheme is a is accelerate and z or s is brake (I forget which off the top of my head), and the learning curve is moderately high, it is a very good game once you get past all of this. The only complaint I have, there is only one race that takes longer than 10 minutes to complete, on average, and its the Seacrest tour. The game needed more of these very long races for racers as they are fun. Even the seacrest tour goes from morning till night, it feels awkward but at the same time its a seamless transition so you sometimes do not realize the time that it takes. The races get progressively harder and the ai is actually fairly good at racing you. Only complaint about the ai is that they keep up with you but if you crash you dont keep up with them, sometimes. It would be nice to be able to break away 30 seconds ahead of the ai when they crash like they can do to you in certain duels. But yeah, all things aside, incredible game, incredible graphics, great controls, great racing in general, and even some combat racing using spike strips, helicopter spike strips, emps, roadblocks, jammers, and nitro to either escape the cops or disable the racers cars. Despite this, the racers would have likely died in the crash but somehow they are unharmed. So here is the breakdown. Graphics 10/10 Music 10/10 Sound Effects 10/10 Controls 9/10 Lasting Appeal 9/10 Gameplay 9/10 Overall 9/10 Fantastic title, EA, quite possibly the only series you have not ruined. Expand
  22. Jul 26, 2012
    Another great game by Criterion Games. The graphics are absolutely impressive even though it is 2012 now! The game isn't terribly long but provides lots of fun in the large world named "Seacrest County." There really isn't any problems with the game besides the fact how all the cars basically handle the same. Even though the gameplay is more like gameplay from older NFS titles, it is nice to have a change for once. Expand
  23. Sep 1, 2012
    This the best racing game ever !!! So many exotic cars you don't know which to choose. Excellent graphics, beautiful stunts and slow-motion animations. Criterion really did its amazing game again !!! Highly recommended. You will always want to play this game if you like fast racing, hot pursuits and simply a good game ;-)
  24. May 3, 2013
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is a great racing game, and a reboot of the 2000s original.

The game features over 50/60 cars, more than the original, in both Racer and Police Career Mod.

Like mentioned up, the Career is divided in 2 mods, that are separate from each other, with different points, objectives and gameplay style. Racer and Police. Both mods feature lots of cars, many of
    them present in both mods, but even so, there are some unique cars that aren't available for both mods, for instance the Ford Crown Victoria is available only for police, while for racer isn't.

The cars are divided in several categories, such as Muscle, Exotic, Roadsters, from expensive to relative cheap cars and others.

Both Racers and Cops are having their own arsenal such as the EMP, Spike Trips which makes the gameplay exciting and very competitive.

The action takes place in Seacrest County, a fictional place located along the West Coast of the United States. It has environmental attributes similar to that of Washington, Oregon and California. It is devoid of urban areas although scenic views and wide open roads await those who take their rides for a spin.

The gameplay feels free but in same time linear, and even repetitive at some points, but this isn't a big problem for such a game.

However is a bit disappointing that you can't customize your ride, excluding paint, which takes a bit from the style of the previous Need for Speed games.

The graphics are well made, the cars have a great handling, and the location and environment look and feel like in a real racing game.

So overall, NFS:HP (2010) is a great game that deserves to be played by everyone, and as it has it's own story and location, separate from the previous games, so you don't need to play a previous game to know what's happening in this one.
  25. May 8, 2013
    I want to explain some things first that will explain some of the negative reviews. The maps were designed for some serious drifting. With this in mind, you must drift to make the corners but if you come out of them right, you will have more nitrous and will end up going super fast. This is hard to pull off on the keyboard. I admit it didn't feel fun. Once I used the xbox controller on my pc, the game suddenly became MUCH easier. Drifting felt like paradise. The first cars are terrible at this. Later on you feel like you can drift on a dime with cars like the McLaren F1. The problem with cars that turn well is that they get shredded by cars that don't turn well like Lamborghinis. It's kind of a trade off depending on how you like to play.

Overall, the game is a great follow up to the Hot Pursuit series. It has great graphics and gameplay. Only get this if you like arcade games. I normally only play simulator car games but this one was an exception.
  26. Dec 3, 2011
    I enjoyed the crap out of this game. I'm not much of a racing-game guy at all. Back in the day, I got "Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit" in a bundle with my freaking VOODOO graphics card. Yeah that's right, 3DFX. I played the crap out of that game. Getting away from, and playing as, the cops was fun as hell. Running cars down, setting up road blocks, smashing cops off the road, making your escape... physics and realism be damned. This is the kind of racing game I need, I suppose. I'm not a Gran Turismo guy. After playing that game, I thought all Need for Speeds would be equally fun so I bought the next one I came across, "Porsche Unleashed"... and was subsequently bored to tears. I didn't go back to NFS, or racing games in general, until I heard about this "reboot", I guess you could call it. When I heard about it I got so excited, thinking about all the fun I used to have with the original Hot Pursuit. I tried it out and YES, awesome, they captured the original spirit of the first game very nicely. Yes, yes, I see all the complaints. The AI grants the cars sudden bursts of speed, it's not realistic, yada yada. Dude, who GIVES a crap? That is not what this game is about. This game is about going full throttle, sliding around corners, and smashing cars to bits, which it delivers in spades. I liked the graphics, liked the car physics, liked the weapons, liked the new "open world" style (it's not a looped track anymore, there's just a huge county that you could technically drive around forever, they just section off bits of that county to be that particular events track). If I were to levy one complaint against the game, it would be that I find it annoying that brake-checking a car that's behind you into your rear bumper always seems to do more damage to you than them. Always having to ram a car with your front bumper (from the side doesn't seem to work out too well either) was a little annoying, if for no other reason than I could've set up some really sweet swoop-and-swats if the game were coded otherwise. 9 out of 10. Expand
  27. Feb 9, 2012
    Bring back the old parts of the atmosphere. Expensive cars, speeding wildly, police officers, wonderful landscapes, beautiful graphics. The Criterion games did a good job.

One disadvantage is that sometimes it can be difficult.
  28. Apr 1, 2012
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is one of the best selling Need for Speed game in the series. And one thing like about Need for Speed is fast cars and high speed pursuits and racing and Hot Pursuit deliver its all. Criterion Games delivers us one of the best Need for Speed games ever with bringing the series by bringing back the roots of Hot Pursuit. There a lots of game elements that made this game great like the graphics, the tracks and new and fun ways to take down cops. I like how Criterion has used Burnout's takedown mechanic to take down cops and racers I felt that fitted quiet well, I also liked use of technology that the police has was used in the game. Although I found one thing a bit annoying was the soundtrack. The soundtrack has dull and slow paced song with didn't the game's atmosphere with only a few good songs. Anyway the great game is high trilled with speed. Expand
  29. Mar 3, 2013
    Just good game in single player mode, but genius in Multiplayer, which provides a lot of fun when you play with friends. To the plus: autolog, graphics, soundtrack, awesome cars and views from the road. Worthy successor old Hot Pursuit.
  30. May 14, 2013
    I hate racing games, I do not know how, I just do. I do not find them of interest at all. But this, this is different; not your average racing game. This adrenaline-fueling game is just amazing. The concept is that you can choose to be a racer, or a cop, and if you choose to be said racer you will have to come first in a race against other racers WHILST evading the police with weapons of your choice. If you choose to be a cop, your objective is to "BUST" (immobilize) all of the racers before they finish the race. However, what I just described is only the game's signature game mode "Hot Pursuit". There are a good few more game modes, but this is the one I find to be the most engaging. The others are things like "Race", just a normal race without any police, "Interceptor" which is one cop against one racer, the racer's objective is to get away from the police whilst the cop's objective is to catch the racer. The game uses real car manufactures, and whilst on the topic, this is a 2010 game. You shouldn't be expecting top-notch graphics, BUT in my personal opinion the graphics are great anyway! Sadly, there is no Anti-Aliasing. The only thing I found partially annoying about this game is in my opinion, the PC controls aren't that great AT FIRST. The keybinds were really awkward, and it was hard to drive. Luckily, the keys are REBIND-ABLE and you can set them to whatever you like. You can play online, you can either play Race, Interceptor, Hot Pursuit, or more with up to 8 PEOPLE! This game, is fantastic. The crashes look awesome, engaging game modes, the only game mode I didn't particularly enjoy was "Preview". Thank you for reading, in conclusion, I gave this game a wonderful 9/10. Expand
  31. Sep 14, 2013
    Best NFS for the PC. They have improved the graphics, car mechanics, crashes. The game also ran smoothly. I loved this game more than any other NFS game. Its the best. It clearly beats out its previous sequels and will be one to remember in the future.
  32. Nov 28, 2013
    This is one of awesome racing game for me. Better graphics, Good gameplay, Excellent cars and many weapons that fairing this game. No tuning feature, no problem. But it lacks of quick race. Congrats for EA and their subsidiary that make this game. Sorry if this a late information.
  33. Jun 2, 2014
    First and foremost.Thanks to Criterion for reviving the NFS franchise.This is not only a revive but new and solid entry in the NFS series.I've never been so excited to do a drift in any other racing game like I am in this one.The races,the cars,the scenario,the speed,the crashes.Everything works and its fantastic.I was a little skeptical about this one after playing all the other NFS episodes (except for Undercover) but I have to say that it was different for me in the beginning because this game is from a different studio and it had a different feel so I had to adapt a little bit but when I did it became my favorite game.My favorite NFS.The story is good with all kind of races if either you play as a Police officer or as a racer.Sometimes it feels like it lacks some diverse game mods but when u drive a Bugatti or a Lamborghini at 300 km/h you don't think about that.ITS PURE FUN AND ADRENALINE.The great little improvement that was made is about the normal cars appearing when you are going into a curve or when u come down a hill.It was so annoying in the previous games but here it was fixed and I really like that.The soundtrack is a great one.It fits the races and it even puts u in a good mood.The customization was getting boring (at least for me) and I just wanted to choose a car and drive it so I am not crying about that.There are some bugs and things that should get changed but the game overall is hella fun with the crazy speed of the top world cars you don't even mind about the other NFS games because in my opinion this is one of the best ones.GG Criterion Expand
  34. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game with a different assortment of cars, you're rewarded as a racer for driving really dangerously and as a cop for being a straight driver, there are some vehicles that are cop and racer vehicles the game has no plot other than to get experience and be most wanted or top enforcer and the online matchmaking is ok you do find large races or 1x1. The coast is nice, there are some forest parts, the graphics are very good and the gameplay depends on your taste if you like something more arcade then this game will not dissapoint altough you do crash a lot all the time everywhere. Expand
  35. Oct 13, 2014
    The thing that most people crack down on NFS Hot Pursuit are the controls. Honestly, who uses a keyboard to play a racing game? I have used the keyboard myself and I have to say, IT'S AWFULLY HORRENDOUS. But is that how you're supposed to drive in real life? Using A and D to go left or right? No. I say, get an Xbox 360 Wired controller and you'll already have an amazing experience driving this masterpiece. This graphics are still amazing. The controls (now with the 360 Wired controller) is pretty damn tight, especially the drifting. The control of your car is definitely the best reason to buy this game. It just feels so BUTTERY SMOOTH. The physics engine...... seriously the cars act like 1 Kilogram ragdolls when they're busted. Online is nice. The framerate may drop significantly, interfering with gameplay. Awesome music. But overall, it's the best LATEST NFS. (Emphasis on LATEST). Just don't play this with a keyboard, you'll regret it. PLAY WITH A JOYPAD!!!!!! Expand
  36. Dec 25, 2010
    This game has a good variety of game types and excellent graphics.
    The online multiplayer is great and is suitable for all variety of racers.
    of a similar spec. E.G. you cant be in a subaru Impreza vs a Bugatti Veyron.

Finally they have made a good NFS game.
    10 / 10

1. Jan 29, 2011
    Intoxicating. [Jan 2011, p.104]
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Criterion Games hits the old and trusty NfS-Series with a welcome and refreshing blast from the past. It offers fast and furious oldschool-action, plenty of mileage and an overall good ride. A lack of modes, some rather bland racetypes, the always present rubberband-A.I. and a lack of challenge bothered us. But overall we liked what Hot Pursuit had to offer. A lot!
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    NFS Hot Pursuit will not reinvent the genre but it is great fun and perfect for quick races inbetween. If you aren't the competetive type however the game starts to lack soon.