6.6

1. Nov 20, 2010
    They've managed to catch the "Hot Pursuit" spirit and looks, in fact, sometimes it even looks like remade NFS:HP2. However, the gameplay department has nothing to do with the NFS franchise. It is about ridiculous power drifts that take place easily, and unresponsive cars that have a hard time turning. It should have been called Burnout: Hot Pursuit, because it does play like that.

As a PC

As a PC game, it's a weak port. Graphical options are resolution, shadow detail and motion blur on/off. It does run well on mid range computers, but it has unexplainable stutters even on powerful rigs. Oh, and IT DOES NOT SUPPORT AA.

If you liked Burnout, this might be the charm for you, if you are a hardcore Most Wanted/Underground fan, skip this.
  2. Nov 19, 2010
    Nice Graphics and that's all. This game has some gorgeous scenery but the gameplay is so fail that I don't want to play this game anymore. When you brake the car to pass through a corner, it goes drifting like nuts and you don't have any control over the car. Every car feel like trucks because they all so damn heavy, and especially on the straights, it appears to have some kind of delayNice Graphics and that's all. This game has some gorgeous scenery but the gameplay is so fail that I don't want to play this game anymore. When you brake the car to pass through a corner, it goes drifting like nuts and you don't have any control over the car. Every car feel like trucks because they all so damn heavy, and especially on the straights, it appears to have some kind of delay when you press the button to go to the right or left, if you just slightly press it, the car doesn't turn, and if you just press the button, the car goes too much. And there is no sensitivity to change on the options.
    And there's more, all cars have the same way to control, like the guy said before, it has absolutely no difference between a Crown Victoria and a Lamborghini.
    I would think two times before buying this game.
  3. Xyz
    Nov 19, 2010
    And I thought that NFS Undercover was the worst of the series... man was I wrong... But that's just my opinion. To be realistic: if you liked NFS 1 and 2, and I mean the real NFS 1 and 2, made years ago, you might enjoy this one. This one feels just like those oldies (sure, and goldies), but in this day and age this is just weak. Sure, graphics look great, but that's about it... So, if youAnd I thought that NFS Undercover was the worst of the series... man was I wrong... But that's just my opinion. To be realistic: if you liked NFS 1 and 2, and I mean the real NFS 1 and 2, made years ago, you might enjoy this one. This one feels just like those oldies (sure, and goldies), but in this day and age this is just weak. Sure, graphics look great, but that's about it... So, if you want some 80's arcade style gaming with improved graphics and online features, go for this one, but if you want Need for Speed the way it was in Underground or Most Wanted the only thing you can do is pray... Expand
  4. Nov 28, 2013
    This is one of awesome racing game for me. Better graphics, Good gameplay, Excellent cars and many weapons that fairing this game. No tuning feature, no problem. But it lacks of quick race. Congrats for EA and their subsidiary that make this game. Sorry if this a late information.
  5. May 14, 2013
    I hate racing games, I do not know how, I just do. I do not find them of interest at all. But this, this is different; not your average racing game. This adrenaline-fueling game is just amazing. The concept is that you can choose to be a racer, or a cop, and if you choose to be said racer you will have to come first in a race against other racers WHILST evading the police with weapons ofI hate racing games, I do not know how, I just do. I do not find them of interest at all. But this, this is different; not your average racing game. This adrenaline-fueling game is just amazing. The concept is that you can choose to be a racer, or a cop, and if you choose to be said racer you will have to come first in a race against other racers WHILST evading the police with weapons of your choice. If you choose to be a cop, your objective is to "BUST" (immobilize) all of the racers before they finish the race. However, what I just described is only the game's signature game mode "Hot Pursuit". There are a good few more game modes, but this is the one I find to be the most engaging. The others are things like "Race", just a normal race without any police, "Interceptor" which is one cop against one racer, the racer's objective is to get away from the police whilst the cop's objective is to catch the racer. The game uses real car manufactures, and whilst on the topic, this is a 2010 game. You shouldn't be expecting top-notch graphics, BUT in my personal opinion the graphics are great anyway! Sadly, there is no Anti-Aliasing. The only thing I found partially annoying about this game is in my opinion, the PC controls aren't that great AT FIRST. The keybinds were really awkward, and it was hard to drive. Luckily, the keys are REBIND-ABLE and you can set them to whatever you like. You can play online, you can either play Race, Interceptor, Hot Pursuit, or more with up to 8 PEOPLE! This game, is fantastic. The crashes look awesome, engaging game modes, the only game mode I didn't particularly enjoy was "Preview". Thank you for reading, in conclusion, I gave this game a wonderful 9/10. Expand
  6. Aug 1, 2013
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is a very cool racing game. It looks great, the engine sound and the music are good and the tracks are well designed. The tuning is not extensive, the KI is not surprising and the control of all cars is almost the same.
  7. Sep 14, 2013
    Best NFS for the PC. They have improved the graphics, car mechanics, crashes. The game also ran smoothly. I loved this game more than any other NFS game. Its the best. It clearly beats out its previous sequels and will be one to remember in the future.
  8. Nov 3, 2013
    Pros: gorgeous graphics, nice music, night/day cycle.
    Explorable mode (free roaming) this feature really saves the game for me. It's really nice to travel across the beautiful landscapes (especially at night whit lights off or during a cloudy day).
    Mixed: driving is only somewhat interesting. Cons: IA cheats disgustingly (for example, cops can catch up very fast even when you're at max
    Pros: gorgeous graphics, nice music, night/day cycle.
    Mixed: driving is only somewhat interesting.
    Cons: IA cheats disgustingly (for example, cops can catch up very fast even when you're at max speed and using nitro oO) Engine noise is awfull and sounds like crap. Pc port is badly optimized (hiccups and lags on a 2500k/560ti, no AA support). You're forced to do every single race to unlock the next tier of races too bad if you don't like one kind of race. No dynamic weather (it's tied to the race). Dumb cut scenes that are not skippable. No snow or fog effects.
  9. Dec 23, 2010
    If you are looking for the NFS Most Wanted/Underground type gameplay, then this is not for you. If you enjoy the burnout series, and/or the first few need for speed games, then this will be great for you. I will say that in normal races it plays like standard burnout, and would only merit a 6/7 for me. however, when you go into the more innovative game types such as Hot Pursuit, the gameIf you are looking for the NFS Most Wanted/Underground type gameplay, then this is not for you. If you enjoy the burnout series, and/or the first few need for speed games, then this will be great for you. I will say that in normal races it plays like standard burnout, and would only merit a 6/7 for me. however, when you go into the more innovative game types such as Hot Pursuit, the game completely changes from normal racing to the best racing game i have ever played. I will also say that i got this game expecting it to be like previous NFS games (car modifications, etc.) , but i was pleasantly surprised to find it different.
    People will say that it is not like the rest of the NFS franchise, and it plays more like like burnout. I agree with them, but this does not make it a bad game. Overall, the best racing game i have ever played.
  10. Nov 25, 2011
    I'm sure many newer players will not be satisfied by this turn of the game.

However, older players like myself, who have played since the begging of this series and remember what Need for Speed used to stand for, will love this game. NFS back in early days it was just 2 simple things. Exotic cars, racing at exotic places. Add some cops for a spicy note and here we are. The last NFS with
    I'm sure many newer players will not be satisfied by this turn of the game.

The last NFS with this recipe was the Need for Speed 6, a.k.a. Hot Pursuit 2 (because the original Hot Pursuit, was NFS 3).
    After that Underground and Most Wanted were good games, but the only common they did had with the past of this series were just... that you drive cars.

Sorry guys, I enjoyed UG and MW but I never felt them like NFS games.

Now NFS is back to the root and I can't give less than 10 for this great game. I wish the series will get separated, 1 at classic style like this game and one with tunned imports. Everybody will be satisfied, including myself.
  11. Aug 14, 2012
    Read the negative reviews, they are basically true. I did not expect much from this game, and I had my share of fun with it. Multiplayer can be quite challenging, and you get bounty points for multi as well. So there is no need and point grinding trough the single player, only for practice or because of the nice locations.
  12. Feb 21, 2011
    Finally NFS has gone back to its original style! The graphics are decent, sound is good, loading times aren't too bad. The Races and Cop chases are sufficient. Going as fast as possible in Freeplay mode is good fun. The gameplay is ok but needs tweaking. There seems to be an unresponsive steering delay which gets you into crashes, it can be a huge task trying to avoid oncoming trafficFinally NFS has gone back to its original style! The graphics are decent, sound is good, loading times aren't too bad. The Races and Cop chases are sufficient. Going as fast as possible in Freeplay mode is good fun. The gameplay is ok but needs tweaking. There seems to be an unresponsive steering delay which gets you into crashes, it can be a huge task trying to avoid oncoming traffic properly. Drifting around corners can be a bit tricky, the cars seem to power slide and tire squeal a bit excessively. It would be great if the driving dynamics was more similar to Grid. The game deserves a 9 but I gave it a 10 because this is how Need for speed games should be like.. driving Lambo's at high speed down long country roads. The game is called "Need for Speed" after all ;) Expand
  13. Jan 11, 2011
    Very good graphics and gameplay, strong multiplayer component. Nice crashing/damage model and takes "catastrophic" crashes into account nicely without demanding perfect driving... (it may hurt me to put a scratch on a Lambo, but at least the game recognizes such mistakes as minor things). It was annoying to be forced into an unskippable advertisement at first startup, but at least itVery good graphics and gameplay, strong multiplayer component. Nice crashing/damage model and takes "catastrophic" crashes into account nicely without demanding perfect driving... (it may hurt me to put a scratch on a Lambo, but at least the game recognizes such mistakes as minor things). It was annoying to be forced into an unskippable advertisement at first startup, but at least it only happens once. I also wish the multiplayer allows for racing with AI cops (so both human players can race). Otherwise, I'm not sure why there are so many low user scores here, this game is great. Takes me back to the original releases. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for a simulator, and this is the racer title I've turned to. Reviewers that are bashing the driving mechanics may need to tune their controllers rather than assume the gameplay is borked. Expand
  14. Feb 27, 2013
    At its best Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is an average arcade-racer. The visuals are nice, there is no shortage of tracks and there is a decent amount of cars The cars handle for the most part fine though very arcady which might put some people off) and most cars handles quite similar to each other. The game is also playable with keyboard which is always nice. The game do sadly have lot ofAt its best Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is an average arcade-racer. The visuals are nice, there is no shortage of tracks and there is a decent amount of cars The cars handle for the most part fine though very arcady which might put some people off) and most cars handles quite similar to each other. The game is also playable with keyboard which is always nice. The game do sadly have lot of flaws that ruined my time with the game. The camera in the game is awful and it constantly switches to crashes, new police cars etc when it really should follow the car i am driving. Another problem in the game is the rubberbanding. I can accept a certain usage if rubberbanding but its extremely noticeable in this game and it takes away any kind of immersion in the game not to mention the fact that the result of the race can be determined by those hidden calculations. Those two are my biggest problem with the core gameplay but there is also quite a lot of minor problem. Minimal graphical options, menus without mouse-support, forced on social unskippable cutscenes, too much nonsense between races and an uneven difficulty-curve. I might sound really negative but the game is not all bad. I had a couple of hours of fun with it but i would describe it as a below average arcade racing game. There is definitely worse games to pick up for a cheap price but the are certainly better as well. Expand
  15. May 3, 2013
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is a great racing game, and a reboot of the 2000s original.

The game features over 50/60 cars, more than the original, in both Racer and Police Career Mod. Like mentioned up, the Career is divided in 2 mods, that are separate from each other, with different points, objectives and gameplay style. Racer and Police. Both mods feature lots of cars, many of

Like mentioned up, the Career is divided in 2 mods, that are separate from each other, with different points, objectives and gameplay style. Racer and Police. Both mods feature lots of cars, many of them present in both mods, but even so, there are some unique cars that aren't available for both mods, for instance the Ford Crown Victoria is available only for police, while for racer isn't.

The cars are divided in several categories, such as Muscle, Exotic, Roadsters, from expensive to relative cheap cars and others.

Both Racers and Cops are having their own arsenal such as the EMP, Spike Trips which makes the gameplay exciting and very competitive.

The action takes place in Seacrest County, a fictional place located along the West Coast of the United States. It has environmental attributes similar to that of Washington, Oregon and California. It is devoid of urban areas although scenic views and wide open roads await those who take their rides for a spin.

The gameplay feels free but in same time linear, and even repetitive at some points, but this isn't a big problem for such a game.

However is a bit disappointing that you can't customize your ride, excluding paint, which takes a bit from the style of the previous Need for Speed games.

The graphics are well made, the cars have a great handling, and the location and environment look and feel like in a real racing game.

So overall, NFS:HP (2010) is a great game that deserves to be played by everyone, and as it has it's own story and location, separate from the previous games, so you don't need to play a previous game to know what's happening in this one.
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit" is a great racing game with clean, smooth graphics and solid gameplay. However, the controls are kinda buggy for PC and if you're not playing online there really isn't much to do with the single player. If you want a solid racing game, NFS: HP might be your best choice....for now.
  17. Nov 27, 2010
    On my dual GTX-580's this game is godlike, it forces you to pick certain cars which is a turn off, but the free ride and the spike stripping the PO-lice make it so worth getting...

I wish I had Spike Strips.
  18. Dec 22, 2010
    Apart from the sulky reviewers that either cannot drive or expect human like behaviour from the AI, this is an excellent game if you are looking for fast paced fun. It really comes into its own when you have friends and play as cops v racers. Yes it has some issues, what game hasn't ? Scenery is nice, cars handle arcade style, not sim, so anyone can drive. If you can't beat the AI on this,Apart from the sulky reviewers that either cannot drive or expect human like behaviour from the AI, this is an excellent game if you are looking for fast paced fun. It really comes into its own when you have friends and play as cops v racers. Yes it has some issues, what game hasn't ? Scenery is nice, cars handle arcade style, not sim, so anyone can drive. If you can't beat the AI on this, play something else ! Just wish they could add proper wheel support, which criterion and ea are just too lazy to incorporate. Works great with 360 controller on PC. Servers can be apain to connect with friends, as it regularly drops someone, but that is a minor set back. Playing this with friends is the way to go, and single player will hone your skills. Beautifully rendered cars, but no unique handling features apart from the odd weight difference. Expand
  19. Dec 25, 2010
    NFS games of late have been poor to say the least, however this game has exceeded my expectations.
    This game has a good variety of game types and excellent graphics.
    The online multiplayer is great and is suitable for all variety of racers. The best thing about the multiplayer is that if you aren't comfortable using the high powered cars you can race the slower cars and race against cars
    This game has a good variety of game types and excellent graphics.
    The online multiplayer is great and is suitable for all variety of racers.
    The best thing about the multiplayer is that if you aren't comfortable using the high powered cars you can race the slower cars and race against cars of a similar spec. E.G. you cant be in a subaru Impreza vs a Bugatti Veyron.

Finally they have made a good NFS game.
    10 / 10
  20. Feb 22, 2011
    Game is awesome!!! Graphics are great!!! game play is awesome both single player and multiplayer..The only drawback is the no chat in game or lobby...
  21. Dec 18, 2010
    Racing with weapons? Yes please. This is another adrenaline packed Criterion game. Great graphics, cars, online multiplayer. It's got the lot, at the right price. However, sim fanatics will hate the fun beats realism concept, so they they should definitely buy something else.
  22. Nov 24, 2010
    Given the history the NFS series has come along with, I found this to be a very disappointing title. All of the previous titles have tried to afford players as much flexibility in their gameplay as possible, within reason, namely in regards to how different cars handled and performed, the differences imposed based on whether the car was front, rear or all-wheel drive and in driving assistsGiven the history the NFS series has come along with, I found this to be a very disappointing title. All of the previous titles have tried to afford players as much flexibility in their gameplay as possible, within reason, namely in regards to how different cars handled and performed, the differences imposed based on whether the car was front, rear or all-wheel drive and in driving assists such as traction control, ABS and the like.

This game has none of that. In fact, it provides a worse experience by doing some things that will undoubtedly only annoy some gamers, both casual and serious alike.

Examples of this include an incredibly poor acceleration model; sometimes your car will simply fail to speed up reasonably for no apparent reasons, while at other times it will pelt forwards like a rocket taking performance enhancing drugs. Drifting is also an integral part of any race you take part in, irrespective of the track surface you're driving on or car you're using.

You don't get points for your drifting in this game, though, and it serves no purpose other than to get through sharp corners; but that's where things go completely wrong. It's the only way to get through sharp corners. You can't not drift; the game will automatically enter a drift state provided you are on what the game constitutes a turn, and to make matters worse, drifts follow a certain (and by certain I mean very high) degree of autopilot-esque gameplay.

You can almost simply engage a drift, ensure you're going through a turn at the right angle and then hold in your accelerator at full-throttle. Once the turn, that which the game considers to be the turn, is complete, your car will automatically straighten out for you.

To make matters worse, there is no manual transmission in the game; no option for it, either.

Making matters worse is that there appears to be no true variety between the cars. Within a class you're looking at as simple a set of factors as losing some top speed to gain more acceleration, losing some turning for better drift angle (and subsequent speed through a drift) or having greater turning but worse speed retention during a drift, Whether a car is front, rear or all-wheel drive has virtually no true impact on anything besides off-road handling.

Ultimately, I'm left very disappointed in the game. Given Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit's gameplay and then the shift to unmodifiable cars in Hot Pursuit 2 but still the facility to use a manual transmission and cars that actually felt like they differed from eachother, this game leaves everything feeling exactly the same all the time, which makes for a wholly monotonous driving experience.

It doesn't help that you more often than not feel like you're doing exactly the same race all over again in single-player.

Easily one of the worst aspects of the game, to me, is that somehow the developers completely broke the relation of the bumper-camera to the width of the car in comparison to the previous games. This results in far more collisions with things that players of the previous games will be confident they should have passed, which makes true near-misses and proper navigation through streams of cars a headache rather than a fun/exhilarating experience.

The damage in the game is also incredibly lackluster in complexity. You have multiple 'lives' within your damage bar to use to try and stay in the race; this amounts to three crashes. To make matters worse, a bug exists with the physics behind said crashes; you can total your car entirely by ramming into the backside of another car, while you are at full life, even if there is as little as a 20km/h difference between you. On the other hand, if you collide with a traffic vehicle at anything ranging from 40km/h to 300km/h, you again stand a chance to 'crash' instantly. However, if you simply brake for a split-second before colliding with oncoming traffic, often even if you are traveling at 300km/h, you will miraculously survive the experience with minimal damage.
    This game has merit in its graphics, but has poor sound and worse race-intro animations that you have to wait to skip. Gameplay wise it feels monotonous and generally boring in single-player.

If you're a teen that just wants a pretty arcade racing game in which smashing other people off the road or into oncoming traffic/obstacles is your thing, then by all means go for this game. On the other hand if you want a serious racing game where you need to be strategic about when you hit other players and when to back off or try and get a lead, avoid it, you'll only leave disappointed; there is no 'realistic' damage in this game, and if you crash your car you have multiple lives of sorts to use before you're completely written off.
  23. Nov 21, 2010
    Pro: "omg shiny"
    Con: Everything else.
    Every car handles just about the same, the only difference is the top speed, the AI is horrible, power drifting at 300kph is ridiculous, there is no fun, the game just repeats itself time after time. It's for the 10-12 year old young ones... You don't need to watch your start, the game does it for you, you don't have to change gear, it does it for
    Pro: "omg shiny"
    Con: Everything else.
    It's for the 10-12 year old young ones... You don't need to watch your start, the game does it for you, you don't have to change gear, it does it for you. They could have just come out with a 2 hour long cut scene, it wouldn't made any difference.
  24. Nov 24, 2010
    I wish EA did spend all the money they used to buyout all the game reviewers out there for actually developing a quality game.
    That's why piracy will endure forever EA.. because it's our only defense against false advertisement! And that's why the corporations hate it so much, because of the "Try before Buy" option..
    The NFS series went downhill since Most Wanted and the main reason

The NFS series went downhill since Most Wanted and the main reason for me are the unneeded changes in the already perfect driving engine. This one have utterly unresponsive controls, boring arcade features, frustrating time trials, cars in the same class have zero difference in handling, and repetitive gameplay.
  25. Dec 2, 2010
    Flashy, loud, fast paced, and annoying. The game has many flaws. Graphics are bad and I really hate how the AI works. NFS titles don't rely on how well you're lapping, but rather, a AI will decide to overtake you and somehow get +100hp and zoom by you when you're at top speed. It's annoying. The story is really just dumb for lack of a better word. However, there is a nice car selection andFlashy, loud, fast paced, and annoying. The game has many flaws. Graphics are bad and I really hate how the AI works. NFS titles don't rely on how well you're lapping, but rather, a AI will decide to overtake you and somehow get +100hp and zoom by you when you're at top speed. It's annoying. The story is really just dumb for lack of a better word. However, there is a nice car selection and there are some exciting times. I would recommend this if you find it for $5--$10 for a cheap thrill. Expand
  26. Dec 29, 2010
    Dudes who do a racing game with no manual transmission are completely dumb, dude. You're driving a Shelby GT500 @ 70mph, pull the handbrake and the car don't even drift. It completely stops in one second. There's no simulation! Long live NFS Porsche Unleashed.
  27. Nov 25, 2010
    I loved the original Hot Pursuit, so I looked forward to playing this game. Most Wanted was fun, but it took too much configuring to get it to look OK on a widescreen monitor. Everything else in the series didn't interest me all that much. They all seemed to be "Fast and Furious - The Game". This is not a racing sim by any stretch of the imagination. This is an arcade type racing game. ForI loved the original Hot Pursuit, so I looked forward to playing this game. Most Wanted was fun, but it took too much configuring to get it to look OK on a widescreen monitor. Everything else in the series didn't interest me all that much. They all seemed to be "Fast and Furious - The Game". This is not a racing sim by any stretch of the imagination. This is an arcade type racing game. For that I'm greatful. I don't have to worry about banging a $250,000 sports car against a guardrail. At first I was mostly sticking with playing the street racers, but it's just as much fun to get behind the wheel as a cop and take down the criminals.

As per normal for the NFS series, you get a real sense of speed, and I find that I can finally handle the corners better than ever. This may be in part because I finally gave up on my Logitech gamepad and (stares at shoes) bought an Xbox 360 controller. I hate to say this, but it is the best gamepad for Windows 7. You plug it in, and it works.

You can't tweak the cars in this game, which is a half point against it. However there are quite a few cars available and they do unlock at a good rate. The EMP, and Spike strips are fun to deploy in the Hot Pursuit modes, but here timing is everything. (I actually managed to run over my own spike strip.) The game runs well, but the lack of graphic settings is another point against the game. Even at 1920 X 1080, the lack of an anti-alias setting is sorely missed. I've completed one race on line and there was a very slight lag. Not Black Ops lag, but there was some none the less. I still enjoyed it, and look forward to playing it more, once I get used to the maps. All in all, the game is great fun, and a worth while purchase for anyone looking for an arcade racer.
  28. Dec 1, 2010
    Just wanted to express my disappointment about this game. I expected NFS not Burnout. Constant over-steering in corners, unstoppable catch-up AI and a steering that's reacting so slowly that one might think they brought this game out just to annoy people. Cant say anything against graphics and sound. Also haven't had any technical problems. But the contrast to SHIFT is just immense. CantJust wanted to express my disappointment about this game. I expected NFS not Burnout. Constant over-steering in corners, unstoppable catch-up AI and a steering that's reacting so slowly that one might think they brought this game out just to annoy people. Cant say anything against graphics and sound. Also haven't had any technical problems. But the contrast to SHIFT is just immense. Cant recommend it to any racing gamer. Expand
  29. Dec 21, 2010
    This game is great, the socially connected online features that Criterion has created brings real innovation to the racing game genre. The game modes are solid, but it's Autolog's friends comparison engine that really brings the game to life. Competition can become intense as you attempt to shave fractions of seconds off of your friend's times. Almost all of the negative reviews on hereThis game is great, the socially connected online features that Criterion has created brings real innovation to the racing game genre. The game modes are solid, but it's Autolog's friends comparison engine that really brings the game to life. Competition can become intense as you attempt to shave fractions of seconds off of your friend's times. Almost all of the negative reviews on here fail to mention online play, or Autolog, which was locked out of the pirated version so I presume the majority of poor user reviews are from pirates who are only playing 60% of the game. Buy the full version, play the full game and see for yourself. Possible contender for game of the year. Expand
  30. Jan 25, 2011
    I agree with the people here - bought the game influenced by the good critic reviews, however it is highly questionable why the reviews are so good - personally I do not understand it. This is by all means a poorly designed game, excepting only the visuals - but you tire about them after the first hour of gameplay. Then you are left with ridiculous car handling, ridiculous physics,I agree with the people here - bought the game influenced by the good critic reviews, however it is highly questionable why the reviews are so good - personally I do not understand it. This is by all means a poorly designed game, excepting only the visuals - but you tire about them after the first hour of gameplay. Then you are left with ridiculous car handling, ridiculous physics, unresponsive cars, no manual shifting, incoming traffic is just for the sake of it (behaving irrationally, incoming cars are feeling weird when passing them), horrible AI... also, cars cannot be customized, soundtrack is too quiet, awards are received without any sense of achievement, so you are just skipping it and going to the next race - there is no sense of advancing. Crashes are OK, for the first few times you experience them, but they can not be a reason for good rating. I know that the goal was not to deliver a simulation, but the good old Most Wanted (and Shift, for that matter) are so much more enjoyable... Maybe this game is good for your 10-year-old kid, but to anyone above that age I advise to avoid this game and spend the money on something else - you will be doing a favor both to yourself and your wallet. Expand

1. Jan 29, 2011
    Intoxicating. [Jan 2011, p.104]
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Criterion Games hits the old and trusty NfS-Series with a welcome and refreshing blast from the past. It offers fast and furious oldschool-action, plenty of mileage and an overall good ride. A lack of modes, some rather bland racetypes, the always present rubberband-A.I. and a lack of challenge bothered us. But overall we liked what Hot Pursuit had to offer. A lot!
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    NFS Hot Pursuit will not reinvent the genre but it is great fun and perfect for quick races inbetween. If you aren't the competetive type however the game starts to lack soon.