4.4

1. Apr 28, 2017
    Okay, let's begin with the graphics options on the pc: Absolute garbage! The controls? What about the controls? They're terrible! The driving? Even worse! This game is a nightmare! Don't even think to buy it. I got it free from Origin. I regret of downloading it.
  2. Apr 22, 2017
    Great graphics, horrible gameplay. The cars all feel rigid with the handling, stock brakes are god awful that essentially the handbrake is the only method that works and not to mention there is npc cars for you to crash in, seeming on every street corner just waiting for you so they can drive in front of you.

Just not a good entry for this franchise, avoid it to be honest.
  3. Apr 19, 2017
    This game is such a big disappointment. How someone can even imagine a NFS game WITHOUT car customization? Only Criterion of course. It's so hard to imagine NFS car only with paint changing, but here we are.
  4. Feb 25, 2017
    I played the game for less than an hour and I am not going to play it anymore. The only good things about this game:
    - I got it for free
    - imho the graphics is very good, at least how cars look But that is all. Rest is garbage. Game felt like a destruction derby, not like car racing. - no cockpit view. I could not manage to drive fast without frequent crashing. - cars don't accelerate
    - I got it for free
    - imho the graphics is very good, at least how cars look
    - no cockpit view. I could not manage to drive fast without frequent crashing.
    - cars don't accelerate unless you push gas to almost 100%
    - you drive a Lambo and then police with an ordinary car speeds past you like a lightning
    - suicidal police crashing into you
  5. Jan 30, 2017
    I love the NFS games, and have since the very first Need For Speed title was released. Through the years, they've had hits and misses, but I've still enjoyed each game in one form or another. What happened here? What went wrong with Need For Speed: Most Wanted? The PC ports were always decent (at least for me), but this port seems to have no consideration for anyone who plans on using aI love the NFS games, and have since the very first Need For Speed title was released. Through the years, they've had hits and misses, but I've still enjoyed each game in one form or another. What happened here? What went wrong with Need For Speed: Most Wanted? The PC ports were always decent (at least for me), but this port seems to have no consideration for anyone who plans on using a keyboard instead of a gamepad.

When the game starts, I'm already in control of the car. Unfortunately, at no point am I told which buttons give me the ability to steer, accelerate or slow down, and the first thing I do is slam into a guardrail. At this point, you might think the game will tell me "Oh, you have to press "A" to accelerate, "Z" to slow down, and the arrow keys to steer," but instead it just lets me crash into the railing, other cars, and everything until I finally find those controls do what I need to do.

There is no use of a mouse for camera movement. So even if you remap the keys to the traditional WASD keys, you won't have much to do with your right hand save for the occasional button press, because there is no mouse involvement whatsoever. None. For a computer game, that is a waste of control options.

The visuals look great, but I don't have time to enjoy them. Cops appear out of nowhere and suddenly I'm "busted". "Oops! Better outrun the police next time!" the game tells me, but I didn't get the chance, because the cop car appeared *out of nowhere* right behind me.

The gameplay is a joke. I want to know who gave the AI a transporter, because one minute I'm 10 car lengths ahead, the next second my opponent has passed me and is crossing the finish line. I need that ability! Amazing! *sigh*

I am so disappointed in this game. I wanted to love it so much, but for me it fails on nearly every level. I honestly don't feel like playing it, as it doesn't feel like a game, but is, instead, a Sisyphean task that makes me regret every buying the game.
  6. Jan 15, 2017
    the key input makes no sense, for example when you would think you just move with the WASD keys, you need to hold A to accelerate and and use the arrow keys to move and you bring up the menu with backspace, you have no control over your car it always ends up crashing into something and the cinematic that shows that you crashed makes you lose time if you're on a race, and the FPS drop isthe key input makes no sense, for example when you would think you just move with the WASD keys, you need to hold A to accelerate and and use the arrow keys to move and you bring up the menu with backspace, you have no control over your car it always ends up crashing into something and the cinematic that shows that you crashed makes you lose time if you're on a race, and the FPS drop is horrendous, the races aren't fun at all. I thought playing this game would be as fun as playing need for speed carbon for the PS2, but no. Those 13 dollars weren't worth it. Expand
  7. Dec 2, 2016
    Самая сраная гонка евар. Я люблю симуляторы, как бы умею рулить, но в этой игре на !!! первых гонках я плетусь в хвосте не врезавшись ни разу , бля это пиздец, это полный пиздец. Это разработчики великой Бёрнаут 3, что случислось?!Мусора, в жизни, так не бесят, как в этой игре! Даже если захотеть, я такое гвоно, бы не сделал, графика классная при этом. АААА уроды!Самая сраная гонка евар. Я люблю симуляторы, как бы умею рулить, но в этой игре на !!! первых гонках я плетусь в хвосте не врезавшись ни разу , бля это пиздец, это полный пиздец. Это разработчики великой Бёрнаут 3, что случислось?!Мусора, в жизни, так не бесят, как в этой игре! Даже если захотеть, я такое гвоно, бы не сделал, графика классная при этом. АААА уроды!
  8. Oct 29, 2016
    This a really great arcade racer which Criterion has made here, but what hurts it is its name. All the hardcore 2005 game's fans hate it, to some degree they have a reason since it barely has anything in common with it. It feels like Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, but that doesnt mean its a bad game, in fact its a great one. Cars have actual weight which you feel when driving orThis a really great arcade racer which Criterion has made here, but what hurts it is its name. All the hardcore 2005 game's fans hate it, to some degree they have a reason since it barely has anything in common with it. It feels like Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, but that doesnt mean its a bad game, in fact its a great one. Cars have actual weight which you feel when driving or pulling of those super unrealistic yet super fun drifts. Dont know how theyve accomplished it, but driving feels just right. Cars sound simply amazing with agressive engine sounds true to their real life counterparts, like for example no other game has made Aventador sound more V12y than this game, its a pure joy just to rev your car. Doing huge jumps and messing around with cops can also be lots of fun, or just drive SVT Raptor and crush both cops and other racers.

Graphics for 2012 standards are beautiful looking and while not the slickest PC port with few fps dips here and there, for the most part it runs really well on near max settings even on my 1 gig GTX 650.

Easily best NFS since Carbon along with Hot Pursuit reboot, its a shame so many people hate this just cuz it didnt deliver a true 2005's sequel.
  9. Sep 19, 2016
    NFS Most Wanted is a great racing game with beautiful graphics and easy to follow campaign . It made me big fan of racing games due to its interactive game play.THIS REVIEW IS ONLY ABOUT OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER NOT MULTIPLAYER
  10. Jun 25, 2016
    ONLY SUPERCARS?!
    CRASH CAMERA >:(
    PAID DLC`s !
    MOST WANTED ? SERIOUSLY
    THAT IS NOT A NEED FOR SPEED GAME...THAT IS JUST ONE OF THE BIGGEST FAILS IN THE HISTORY!!!
    I would give even less-its 0 on metacritic (please add -10 score) and guess what, IT IS -100 !
  11. Mar 11, 2016
    Horrible! Handling is TERRIBLE. Just shocking. I cannot complete one race without crashing a dozen times. It COMPLETELY ruins the entire game. I have played one hour on this game and won't be playing any more. Handling just RUINS all the fun you expect from an NFS game.
  12. Mar 10, 2016
    I knew there was something fishy going on when EA decided to give this game away for free. After 30 minutes of "gameplay" time (of which 25 minutes were introduction videos and race intros and CRASH cut-scenes) I understood. It's because it's as **** as the last one I've played (that being 2010's Hot Pursuit)!
    Every car I found (yeah, there're just super cars standing around the city just
    Every car I found (yeah, there're just super cars standing around the city just for people to pick up and race) drives the same, the driving model is just awful (what kind of supercar needs 50 m to stop to zero from 80km/h?) and the tracks are really straightforward (because the driving model cannot handle turning your car that goes ape**** above 80km/h). You don't really start any race, it just throws you in, every now and then you're put outside the actual game with cut-scenes after crashing, etc. Also the awful flow of the screen on super high speeds and just rubbish soundtrack made me want to puke after 30 minutes.
    Now, I've installed the original Most Wanted to see if it's just me that grew to hate racing games.
    No, the original Most Wanted is still a great game. It's the Criterion's Most Wanted that's just ****
  13. Feb 27, 2016
    Cannot by any means understand the 4.4 rating. I'm not really into racing games at all. In fact, the only racing games I ever played left me unimpressed. This game actually is the only one that I managed to easily complete without getting bored because it's just the most fun experience I ever had in this genre. Do not expect a storyline. I don't have any frame drops AT ALL.
    I got this on
    I got this on the house from Origin and until I looked it up on metacritic I couldn't find any negative point at this game.
  14. Feb 24, 2016
    One of the worst games ever!! The multiplayer just doesn't work at all... Its more like takedown its other than racing... Also the interface its the worst you just can't do anything...
  15. Feb 18, 2016
    First of all I got this game free from Origin and I sure am happy about that!

First of all I got this game free from Origin and I sure am happy about that!

The first moment you get to the driving you can sense it's a Criterion game and don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong about that. I love Burnout games they are simply enourmous fun! It's the usual get to a corner, tap the brakes and slide at 200+mph and that's just fine in a game that has the environment built for that... Here the problems start. The game world is not designed to this sliding around drivestyle, there are way too many things to crash into. You would need the reflexes of a fighter pilot to even try to avoid anything and that only to find out you can't because the cars just won't react that fast. Then there's the inconsistency in handling. 3 lap race, you drive twice around the first corner in the same way, all is fine, then the third time round the car just won't go into a slide.

And there's more when the police really take an interest in you either in a race, ambush event or just a long pursuit. Police Corvette's can drop spikestips while on the move, it was fine and you could avoid them quite easily when driving a Alfa 4C or a 911, but then further in the game you notice that you can't pass those Corvette's even in a Veyron and they still drop spikestrips and now you have no time to react to them. Then the basic police cruisers which apparently go like the Koenigsegg, handle like the BAC Mono and accelerate faster than the Ariel Atom V8 and sure they are dumb, I mean really really dumb. You just crashed (which happens alot) so after the crash cutscene you back up away the thing you just hit to get going again and BANG! twelwe police cruisers crash into you... And finally the police rhinos, thank god you don't see them often but when you do you're going to crash (again), most of the cars just aren't responsive enough to avoid them.

After all that what else could go wrong? We'll just forget the "tuning" because there really isn't anything of that in this game. But I really do have to mention the ingame music... After 20 minutes of gameplay and continous dubstep torture I had put it on mute and put something else on from my pc.

Because of the developer I have to compare this to Burnout Paradise (which is a great game) and because of the name I have compare it to the 2005 Most Wanted. And after 7 hours of playing this is no match for either of those.

I really struggled to find anything good about this game... but I did. Mountain road, Chevy Camaro or BMW M3 and just slide there I had some fun.
  16. Feb 12, 2016
    First graphics are good i'll give that. But gameplay is very very bad. When police is chasing you there is almost no way to escape they just keep coming. I was even in the hideout and police spawned right in front of me. AI makes no mistakes what so ever and police is not chasing them at all. No car buying no car upgrade just some random car you find along the way. This game is a waste ofFirst graphics are good i'll give that. But gameplay is very very bad. When police is chasing you there is almost no way to escape they just keep coming. I was even in the hideout and police spawned right in front of me. AI makes no mistakes what so ever and police is not chasing them at all. No car buying no car upgrade just some random car you find along the way. This game is a waste of time and money. Expand
  17. Feb 9, 2016
    The best racing game ever made and all these negatrive reviews are enough to blow your mind like seriously this is just an incredible game the fact that its been rated so poorly is criminal do not listen to any of these negatives reviews the game is just amazing.
  18. Feb 3, 2016
    One of the worst games I´ve ever played.. starting from FPS drops to **** ingame ads just to buy every single DLC.. EA failed the NFS series so bad that I never ever want to play again a NFS game.. If you dont belive me check the EA Origin giveaway (feb.2016) free game... its rly a waste of your time.
  19. Nov 17, 2015
    This is total disgrace to original Most Wanted. No customization, No story, No buying any cars. Races are boring as hell despite its have very arcade handling and its not motivating to do next races. Its total crap, I don't take this Need For Speed even for free.
  20. Nov 15, 2015
    Like this game. After really annoying Carbon and some **** «official» racing games (NFS without cops, wtf) it feels like a good arcade for 2-3 evenings.
  21. Oct 24, 2015
    Finished the whole game just to get Koenigsegg, and in the end I got something which has absolutly different sound than Koenigsegg... Anyway, the game is so well made, graphics, physics (arcade style but good) and sound are incredibly good. I had goosebumps many times. If only the game hadn't these weird faults like steering delay, success based on smashing other cars etc. The thing I likeFinished the whole game just to get Koenigsegg, and in the end I got something which has absolutly different sound than Koenigsegg... Anyway, the game is so well made, graphics, physics (arcade style but good) and sound are incredibly good. I had goosebumps many times. If only the game hadn't these weird faults like steering delay, success based on smashing other cars etc. The thing I like the most is realism, but NFS Shift is a total crap compared to this, for me. Expand
  22. Oct 2, 2015
    The game absolutely sucks. No physics, no progression. No safe houses, no bounty, no cost to state, the bizzare crash scene, too much traffic, dark graphics. Waste of Money!!!!
  23. Jan 27, 2015
    The game looks great but at the cost of a poorly implemented game with tons of DLC that ruin the experience. The Origin overlay cannot be found within the game even when it is enabled within the application.
  24. Jan 8, 2015
    This game is very frustrating at the start because we crash,crash and crash. But we could get used to it then we realize it that we're playing a great arcade game that is unique in the need for speed series.

25. Jan 2, 2015
    Worthy successor of Burnout Paradise!
    Great love was given to cars (sound, details) and environments (Fairhaven fun to explore).
    Many great features of BP are back (bilboards and gates, races) MP is also great (but beware of some cheaters). So, if you liked BP, you will also like this very much. From technical perspective it runs flawlessly on mid to high end gaming PC, very smooth
    Worthy successor of Burnout Paradise!
    Many great features of BP are back (bilboards and gates, races)
    MP is also great (but beware of some cheaters).
    So, if you liked BP, you will also like this very much.

From technical perspective it runs flawlessly on mid to high end gaming PC, very smooth 60 fps (try adaptive vsync).

So get it in a deal, its worth it! Also Terminal Velocity DLC is great.
  26. Dec 10, 2014
    Actually, it's not that bad when you think about it. The multiplayer is really fun, and so is the campaign. Yes, it is short and kind of bland, and I can understand no customization in the remake Hot Pursuit (there was none in the original game either), but this being Most Wanted, it left something to be desired at this topic. The user interface also is really horrible and gets in yourActually, it's not that bad when you think about it. The multiplayer is really fun, and so is the campaign. Yes, it is short and kind of bland, and I can understand no customization in the remake Hot Pursuit (there was none in the original game either), but this being Most Wanted, it left something to be desired at this topic. The user interface also is really horrible and gets in your face all the time. But, to counter part it, the environment is beautiful and the locations are really fun to race. Not a game for everyone. I regret buying it by its retail price, but I wouldn't mind if I got it in a sale. Expand
  27. Dec 2, 2014
    Polished Burnout with horrible physics and poor gameplay. Just a sandbox where there's nothing of interesting to do and with no notion of progression.
  28. Oct 31, 2014
    **** this game **** **** **** Is this game made for people who are on extacy? No difficulty settings, menu horrible to navigate. I feel like crushing the developers scull to pieces. You guys ****ed th Most Wanted name real good!
  29. Oct 23, 2014
    To be honest, I was disappointed by this game. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are stunning, the cars sound amazing and the soundtrack is decent. However this game has no storyline, no real sense of purpose. Doesn't even compare to it's 2005 counterpart.
  30. Sep 28, 2014
    Great game with great graphics, if you like racing games, you'll love this, however when you crash it pans around your car which can get really annoying after some time as you have to constantly wait for you to respawn, in addition to this, the races can get really frustrating sometimes!
  31. Nov 17, 2012
    Awesome game, put 40+ hours in already, not even nearly done with it and i've hardly touched the multilayer.Fighting the Speedboards, jumps and cameras is addictive. Looks fantastic and plays well too when it wants to.

I do encounter quite alot of crashes and some FPS dips, sometimes but there's other times it runs great.Might be my system but read a few having issues too.My score would be higher if it wasn't for this.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 30, 2012
    Just pick one of the beautiful cars, hop in and drive. But do not want anything else. NFS: Most Wanted is average fun for all car lovers. [Dec 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 29, 2012
    Most Wanted works best when you treat it like mobile games – switch it on for 15 minutes, do a random race with a random car and then turn it off. It's a good arcade racing title closely resembling Burnout: Paradise but it's not exceptional. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.52]
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Most Wanted's biggest strength is that it feels like a cohesive whole, rather than some amalgamation of a reboot tacked on to another game's engine. The gameplay emphasizes as little downtime as possible, which is a good thing as it's an absolute blast whether or not cops are involved. It's not a reboot as much as it is a reimagining of the original game, taking the bits that worked and wrapping them in a completely new package. Surprisingly enough, it does so in a way that works, and the new Most Wanted ranks up there with the original.