4.4

1. Jan 30, 2017
    I love the NFS games, and have since the very first Need For Speed title was released. Through the years, they've had hits and misses, but I've still enjoyed each game in one form or another. What happened here? What went wrong with Need For Speed: Most Wanted? The PC ports were always decent (at least for me), but this port seems to have no consideration for anyone who plans on using aI love the NFS games, and have since the very first Need For Speed title was released. Through the years, they've had hits and misses, but I've still enjoyed each game in one form or another. What happened here? What went wrong with Need For Speed: Most Wanted? The PC ports were always decent (at least for me), but this port seems to have no consideration for anyone who plans on using a keyboard instead of a gamepad.

When the game starts, I'm already in control of the car. Unfortunately, at no point am I told which buttons give me the ability to steer, accelerate or slow down, and the first thing I do is slam into a guardrail. At this point, you might think the game will tell me "Oh, you have to press "A" to accelerate, "Z" to slow down, and the arrow keys to steer," but instead it just lets me crash into the railing, other cars, and everything until I finally find those controls do what I need to do.

There is no use of a mouse for camera movement. So even if you remap the keys to the traditional WASD keys, you won't have much to do with your right hand save for the occasional button press, because there is no mouse involvement whatsoever. None. For a computer game, that is a waste of control options.

The visuals look great, but I don't have time to enjoy them. Cops appear out of nowhere and suddenly I'm "busted". "Oops! Better outrun the police next time!" the game tells me, but I didn't get the chance, because the cop car appeared *out of nowhere* right behind me.

The gameplay is a joke. I want to know who gave the AI a transporter, because one minute I'm 10 car lengths ahead, the next second my opponent has passed me and is crossing the finish line. I need that ability! Amazing! *sigh*

I am so disappointed in this game. I wanted to love it so much, but for me it fails on nearly every level. I honestly don't feel like playing it, as it doesn't feel like a game, but is, instead, a Sisyphean task that makes me regret every buying the game.
  2. Jan 15, 2017
    the key input makes no sense, for example when you would think you just move with the WASD keys, you need to hold A to accelerate and and use the arrow keys to move and you bring up the menu with backspace, you have no control over your car it always ends up crashing into something and the cinematic that shows that you crashed makes you lose time if you're on a race, and the FPS drop isthe key input makes no sense, for example when you would think you just move with the WASD keys, you need to hold A to accelerate and and use the arrow keys to move and you bring up the menu with backspace, you have no control over your car it always ends up crashing into something and the cinematic that shows that you crashed makes you lose time if you're on a race, and the FPS drop is horrendous, the races aren't fun at all. I thought playing this game would be as fun as playing need for speed carbon for the PS2, but no. Those 13 dollars weren't worth it. Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2016
    Самая сраная гонка евар. Я люблю симуляторы, как бы умею рулить, но в этой игре на !!! первых гонках я плетусь в хвосте не врезавшись ни разу , бля это пиздец, это полный пиздец. Это разработчики великой Бёрнаут 3, что случислось?!Мусора, в жизни, так не бесят, как в этой игре! Даже если захотеть, я такое гвоно, бы не сделал, графика классная при этом. АААА уроды!Самая сраная гонка евар. Я люблю симуляторы, как бы умею рулить, но в этой игре на !!! первых гонках я плетусь в хвосте не врезавшись ни разу , бля это пиздец, это полный пиздец. Это разработчики великой Бёрнаут 3, что случислось?!Мусора, в жизни, так не бесят, как в этой игре! Даже если захотеть, я такое гвоно, бы не сделал, графика классная при этом. АААА уроды!
  4. Oct 29, 2016
    This a really great arcade racer which Criterion has made here, but what hurts it is its name. All the hardcore 2005 game's fans hate it, to some degree they have a reason since it barely has anything in common with it. It feels like Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, but that doesnt mean its a bad game, in fact its a great one. Cars have actual weight which you feel when driving orThis a really great arcade racer which Criterion has made here, but what hurts it is its name. All the hardcore 2005 game's fans hate it, to some degree they have a reason since it barely has anything in common with it. It feels like Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, but that doesnt mean its a bad game, in fact its a great one. Cars have actual weight which you feel when driving or pulling of those super unrealistic yet super fun drifts. Dont know how theyve accomplished it, but driving feels just right. Cars sound simply amazing with agressive engine sounds true to their real life counterparts, like for example no other game has made Aventador sound more V12y than this game, its a pure joy just to rev your car. Doing huge jumps and messing around with cops can also be lots of fun, or just drive SVT Raptor and crush both cops and other racers.

Graphics for 2012 standards are beautiful looking and while not the slickest PC port with few fps dips here and there, for the most part it runs really well on near max settings even on my 1 gig GTX 650.

Easily best NFS since Carbon along with Hot Pursuit reboot, its a shame so many people hate this just cuz it didnt deliver a true 2005's sequel.
  5. Sep 19, 2016
    NFS Most Wanted is a great racing game with beautiful graphics and easy to follow campaign . It made me big fan of racing games due to its interactive game play.THIS REVIEW IS ONLY ABOUT OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER NOT MULTIPLAYER
  6. Jun 25, 2016
    ONLY SUPERCARS?!
    CRASH CAMERA >:(
    PAID DLC`s !
    MOST WANTED ? SERIOUSLY
    THAT IS NOT A NEED FOR SPEED GAME...THAT IS JUST ONE OF THE BIGGEST FAILS IN THE HISTORY!!!
    I would give even less-its 0 on metacritic (please add -10 score) and guess what, IT IS -100 !
  7. Apr 3, 2016
    Okay,let's begin with the graphics options on the pc:Absolute garbage!The controls?What about the controls?They're terrible!The driving?Even worse!This game is a nightmare!Don't even think to buy it.I got it free from Origin.I regret of downloading it.
  8. Mar 11, 2016
    Horrible! Handling is TERRIBLE. Just shocking. I cannot complete one race without crashing a dozen times. It COMPLETELY ruins the entire game. I have played one hour on this game and won't be playing any more. Handling just RUINS all the fun you expect from an NFS game.
  9. Mar 10, 2016
    I knew there was something fishy going on when EA decided to give this game away for free. After 30 minutes of "gameplay" time (of which 25 minutes were introduction videos and race intros and CRASH cut-scenes) I understood. It's because it's as **** as the last one I've played (that being 2010's Hot Pursuit)!
    Every car I found (yeah, there're just super cars standing around the city just
    Every car I found (yeah, there're just super cars standing around the city just for people to pick up and race) drives the same, the driving model is just awful (what kind of supercar needs 50 m to stop to zero from 80km/h?) and the tracks are really straightforward (because the driving model cannot handle turning your car that goes ape**** above 80km/h). You don't really start any race, it just throws you in, every now and then you're put outside the actual game with cut-scenes after crashing, etc. Also the awful flow of the screen on super high speeds and just rubbish soundtrack made me want to puke after 30 minutes.
    Now, I've installed the original Most Wanted to see if it's just me that grew to hate racing games.
    No, the original Most Wanted is still a great game. It's the Criterion's Most Wanted that's just ****
  10. Feb 27, 2016
    Cannot by any means understand the 4.4 rating. I'm not really into racing games at all. In fact, the only racing games I ever played left me unimpressed. This game actually is the only one that I managed to easily complete without getting bored because it's just the most fun experience I ever had in this genre. Do not expect a storyline. I don't have any frame drops AT ALL.
    I got this on
    I got this on the house from Origin and until I looked it up on metacritic I couldn't find any negative point at this game.
  11. Feb 24, 2016
    One of the worst games ever!! The multiplayer just doesn't work at all... Its more like takedown its other than racing... Also the interface its the worst you just can't do anything...
  12. Feb 18, 2016
    First of all I got this game free from Origin and I sure am happy about that!

First of all I got this game free from Origin and I sure am happy about that!

The first moment you get to the driving you can sense it's a Criterion game and don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong about that. I love Burnout games they are simply enourmous fun! It's the usual get to a corner, tap the brakes and slide at 200+mph and that's just fine in a game that has the environment built for that... Here the problems start. The game world is not designed to this sliding around drivestyle, there are way too many things to crash into. You would need the reflexes of a fighter pilot to even try to avoid anything and that only to find out you can't because the cars just won't react that fast. Then there's the inconsistency in handling. 3 lap race, you drive twice around the first corner in the same way, all is fine, then the third time round the car just won't go into a slide.

And there's more when the police really take an interest in you either in a race, ambush event or just a long pursuit. Police Corvette's can drop spikestips while on the move, it was fine and you could avoid them quite easily when driving a Alfa 4C or a 911, but then further in the game you notice that you can't pass those Corvette's even in a Veyron and they still drop spikestrips and now you have no time to react to them. Then the basic police cruisers which apparently go like the Koenigsegg, handle like the BAC Mono and accelerate faster than the Ariel Atom V8 and sure they are dumb, I mean really really dumb. You just crashed (which happens alot) so after the crash cutscene you back up away the thing you just hit to get going again and BANG! twelwe police cruisers crash into you... And finally the police rhinos, thank god you don't see them often but when you do you're going to crash (again), most of the cars just aren't responsive enough to avoid them.

After all that what else could go wrong? We'll just forget the "tuning" because there really isn't anything of that in this game. But I really do have to mention the ingame music... After 20 minutes of gameplay and continous dubstep torture I had put it on mute and put something else on from my pc.

Because of the developer I have to compare this to Burnout Paradise (which is a great game) and because of the name I have compare it to the 2005 Most Wanted. And after 7 hours of playing this is no match for either of those.

I really struggled to find anything good about this game... but I did. Mountain road, Chevy Camaro or BMW M3 and just slide there I had some fun.
  13. Feb 12, 2016
    First graphics are good i'll give that. But gameplay is very very bad. When police is chasing you there is almost no way to escape they just keep coming. I was even in the hideout and police spawned right in front of me. AI makes no mistakes what so ever and police is not chasing them at all. No car buying no car upgrade just some random car you find along the way. This game is a waste ofFirst graphics are good i'll give that. But gameplay is very very bad. When police is chasing you there is almost no way to escape they just keep coming. I was even in the hideout and police spawned right in front of me. AI makes no mistakes what so ever and police is not chasing them at all. No car buying no car upgrade just some random car you find along the way. This game is a waste of time and money. Expand
  14. Feb 9, 2016
    The best racing game ever made and all these negatrive reviews are enough to blow your mind like seriously this is just an incredible game the fact that its been rated so poorly is criminal do not listen to any of these negatives reviews the game is just amazing.
  15. Feb 6, 2016
    got this game for free from Origin. Played for 5 hr & found this is quite boring.
    Do not waste your money on this.
    If it is free, fine.

pros
    - great music
    - graphics

cons

- no story line
    - cop chasing hard as hell
    - steering sensitivity problem
  16. Feb 3, 2016
    One of the worst games I´ve ever played.. starting from FPS drops to **** ingame ads just to buy every single DLC.. EA failed the NFS series so bad that I never ever want to play again a NFS game.. If you dont belive me check the EA Origin giveaway (feb.2016) free game... its rly a waste of your time.
  17. Nov 17, 2015
    This is total disgrace to original Most Wanted. No customization, No story, No buying any cars. Races are boring as hell despite its have very arcade handling and its not motivating to do next races. Its total crap, I don't take this Need For Speed even for free.
  18. Nov 15, 2015
    Like this game. After really annoying Carbon and some **** «official» racing games (NFS without cops, wtf) it feels like a good arcade for 2-3 evenings.
  19. Oct 24, 2015
    Finished the whole game just to get Koenigsegg, and in the end I got something which has absolutly different sound than Koenigsegg... Anyway, the game is so well made, graphics, physics (arcade style but good) and sound are incredibly good. I had goosebumps many times. If only the game hadn't these weird faults like steering delay, success based on smashing other cars etc. The thing I likeFinished the whole game just to get Koenigsegg, and in the end I got something which has absolutly different sound than Koenigsegg... Anyway, the game is so well made, graphics, physics (arcade style but good) and sound are incredibly good. I had goosebumps many times. If only the game hadn't these weird faults like steering delay, success based on smashing other cars etc. The thing I like the most is realism, but NFS Shift is a total crap compared to this, for me. Expand
  20. Oct 2, 2015
    The game absolutely sucks. No physics, no progression. No safe houses, no bounty, no cost to state, the bizzare crash scene, too much traffic, dark graphics. Waste of Money!!!!
  21. Jan 27, 2015
    The game looks great but at the cost of a poorly implemented game with tons of DLC that ruin the experience. The Origin overlay cannot be found within the game even when it is enabled within the application.
  22. Jan 8, 2015
    This game is very frustrating at the start because we crash,crash and crash. But we could get used to it then we realize it that we're playing a great arcade game that is unique in the need for speed series.

23. Jan 2, 2015
    Worthy successor of Burnout Paradise!
    Great love was given to cars (sound, details) and environments (Fairhaven fun to explore).
    Many great features of BP are back (bilboards and gates, races) MP is also great (but beware of some cheaters). So, if you liked BP, you will also like this very much. From technical perspective it runs flawlessly on mid to high end gaming PC, very smooth
    Worthy successor of Burnout Paradise!
    Many great features of BP are back (bilboards and gates, races)
    MP is also great (but beware of some cheaters).
    So, if you liked BP, you will also like this very much.

From technical perspective it runs flawlessly on mid to high end gaming PC, very smooth 60 fps (try adaptive vsync).

So get it in a deal, its worth it! Also Terminal Velocity DLC is great.
  24. Dec 10, 2014
    Actually, it's not that bad when you think about it. The multiplayer is really fun, and so is the campaign. Yes, it is short and kind of bland, and I can understand no customization in the remake Hot Pursuit (there was none in the original game either), but this being Most Wanted, it left something to be desired at this topic. The user interface also is really horrible and gets in yourActually, it's not that bad when you think about it. The multiplayer is really fun, and so is the campaign. Yes, it is short and kind of bland, and I can understand no customization in the remake Hot Pursuit (there was none in the original game either), but this being Most Wanted, it left something to be desired at this topic. The user interface also is really horrible and gets in your face all the time. But, to counter part it, the environment is beautiful and the locations are really fun to race. Not a game for everyone. I regret buying it by its retail price, but I wouldn't mind if I got it in a sale. Expand
  25. Dec 2, 2014
    Polished Burnout with horrible physics and poor gameplay. Just a sandbox where there's nothing of interesting to do and with no notion of progression.
  26. Oct 31, 2014
    **** this game **** **** **** Is this game made for people who are on extacy? No difficulty settings, menu horrible to navigate. I feel like crushing the developers scull to pieces. You guys ****ed th Most Wanted name real good!
  27. Oct 23, 2014
    To be honest, I was disappointed by this game. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are stunning, the cars sound amazing and the soundtrack is decent. However this game has no storyline, no real sense of purpose. Doesn't even compare to it's 2005 counterpart.
  28. Sep 28, 2014
    Great game with great graphics, if you like racing games, you'll love this, however when you crash it pans around your car which can get really annoying after some time as you have to constantly wait for you to respawn, in addition to this, the races can get really frustrating sometimes!
  29. Aug 13, 2014
    CRAP! Worst driving model in nfs history! Also: worst nfs ever. Gameplay is boring and not funny. Original most wanted is 100x better. If you like nfs - dont buy this "thing".
  30. Jul 19, 2014
    worst driving game i ever played...the handling is atrocious, the steering is so sloppy it's almost impossible not to hit something and crash, the opponent AI deliberatly smashes into you and every rice is a crashing carnage fest....i have no ideea what they were thinking then they made this game
  31. May 27, 2014
    Amazing game if you have steering wheel for pc. Good graphic, good system of cars owning (only once find car on map and will by yours for ever and you can jump in car from menu anytime) and amazing car sounds. Story is missing but i had good times with friends while playing :)
  32. May 24, 2014
    Need For Speed is no longer a video game franchise.No, it has become a twisted,ungodly product of man's evil, a sickeningly loathsome social experiment: to what extent can a franchise be violated and stripped of every ounce of pride it once hat and still remain profitable. EA wants to know what the bare minimum is, how little effort they can put in a game and still profit from it. Sure,Need For Speed is no longer a video game franchise.No, it has become a twisted,ungodly product of man's evil, a sickeningly loathsome social experiment: to what extent can a franchise be violated and stripped of every ounce of pride it once hat and still remain profitable. EA wants to know what the bare minimum is, how little effort they can put in a game and still profit from it. Sure, people may accuse them of being perverted spawns from the nether regions of hell, but why should they give a damn, the mainstream public is still more then willing to provide them with do$h. It pains me greatly to see that the "Need For Speed" franchise has become the main victim of these heinous practices. EA rant aside, the game did show some promise, there were a few interesting ideas,albeit poorly executed because EA rushed the development cycle in order to fulfill their satanic duties. But this simple fact gives me hope that the people at Criterion at least care about the series. The 2010 "Hot Pursuit", the first of the NFS series they made, was actually decent. Then again EA weren't the dark lords of the underworld back then. Aside from that this really is a bare bones game and a horrible port.The framerate drops to 20-30 at times on my R9 270, perhaps people with Nvidia cards are doing better. But let's not forget that our delightful fiends at EA have done their homework, they know that the mainstream players of racing games are console users, so they don't really give a single duck-toothed f**k about you, Mr. PC User. If you are, of course, ready to surrender all your belongings and/or soul to EA, I am sure the will happily patch your game. Perhaps this review is not very objective due to the fact that I played this game for about an hour, because of reasons mentioned above and perhaps my great love for the wonderful corporation EA has also clouded my judgement. But for now I must conclude this review in order to sacrifice little puppies in my basement and drink their blood to appease our almighty overlords,Electronic Arts. Expand
  33. Mar 27, 2014
    First of all I own a controller. But this game is horrible on keyboard you won't survive a few kilometers without crashing into something and the crashes pretty much ruin the immersivness of the game. You keep staring at the animation for what feels like hours. It's totally pointless and repeatitve and makes you want to hit alt+f4
  34. Mar 1, 2014
    If you liked Burnout Paradise then chances are that you'll like this game too. Need for Speed: Most Wanted is basically Burnout paradise with Need for Speed name, real cars and slightly different game modes. The biggest downside of the game is that it's quite buggy, especially the multiplayer.
  35. Feb 28, 2014
    The creator of this games are greedy lazy bastards just copy past from burnout, no story whatsoever, no customization poor number of cars the gameplay is retarded keep crashing in traffic and very annoying scenes, this game concept may be ok for phones but not justify for pc.
  36. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You have already reviewed this product. You can submit a new review and rating now if you wish to make changes. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Expand
  37. Dec 31, 2013
    When everyone was happy about NFS remaking the legendary NFSMW, this game turns out to be Burnout: Least Wanted.

The good things about the game is the graphics are good and the map is great with cities and off-roads. The rest are not good or terrible. The main problem is the concept of the game. Everyone knows (truly not those who started playing from NFS14 yelling this game is

The main problem is the concept of the game. Everyone knows (truly not those who started playing from NFS14 yelling this game is awesome) the REAL Need For Speed Most Wanted (9th one) is about being the top illegal racer and revenge the No.1 most wanted. All you do in the game is to win races, do milestones (something nasty with the cops) and become the most dangerous speed racer in the game. Unfortunately, this game is quite boring. All you do is to EARN POINTS to be the "Most Wanted". You don't need to care about the cops because you get NO PENALTY of losing your car or paying money when you get busted. You can simply just pull off when you get into a pursuit, getting busted and travel back to the spawn. Also, the most wanted list is a bunch of CARS, not PEOPLE. You race with the CARS because you want to get better cars, NOT beating people in your way to the fearsome dangerous illegal racer. The cars in the most wanted list is not stylized, just plain white. The whole concept is not being the MOST WANTED, it's just like earning stupid points or wins like Burnout.

The second issue is the cars. It's really hilarious that you get cars by finding them in the street. You can simply find a Mercedes-Benz SLS or a Lamborghini Gallardo parking on sideways without reasons and you can get into the cars somehow and drive. Also, when you drive your car into the repair shop, it changes your car paint to a random colour without choosing not to. So, when you're driving a perfectly-matched yellow Lamborghini into a repair shop, it helps you to change to boring blue without allowing you to choose. You cannot personalize your car to make it look cooler and make the cops remember you and your car. It's simply awful.

The physics of the cars are just terrible. The races have THE SAME PRINCIPLE AS YOU EXPERIENCE IN BURNOUT. You can simply just get invincible when you aim for an AI's back, push the nitrous button and the car will automatically crash for you. You can also crash somebody's car when you slightly hit the side of an AI and it will somehow wreck it for you. You can crash your car easily on the other hand by hitting a road car driving in the same direction with a speed of 120km/h and you get your car flipped by a million times. Criterion is smart by amplifying the "boom" to an extent that you feel it's really a big crash, when you get the exact same sound when you're driving a Bugatti in high speed and you crash the exact same car. This is so Burnout, not a normal NFS game.

Ah, forgot to mention the soundtracks/sound effects in the game. Simply just plain. If you get excited when you're racing (I doubt if anyone will feel the excitement of driving and racing in this game), it's definitely not about the sounds.

It's easy to conclude the game in one sentence: It's another fast-food game produced by Criterion using the remarkable "Need For Speed Most Wanted" name to cover "Burnout: Cops and robot cars". It's also good to conclude the game by saying it's a rip-off.
  38. Dec 30, 2013
    its not NFS it is burnout !

Looks worse than previous NFS and feel very bad as well. Cut scene after cut scene and the old most wanted was totally different game.
  39. Dec 4, 2013
    I'm not happy (to say the least) about this product. So how did EA and Criterion manage to mess up Most Wanted? They didn't. They didn't mess up Most Wanted because this isn't Most Wanted. I think Criterion must've mislabeled some games they developed, because this is clearly Burnout Paradise 2: Now with Cops!

So everything you loved about Most Wanted? Gone. Car Customization and

So everything you loved about Most Wanted? Gone. Car Customization and winning races to buy new engines to upgrade your car? In this game, upgrades are given out for winning races there is no money, and there is no store. Furthermore, there are only a few upgrades the tire choice are "on road" and "off road". Just oversimplified, bullet point options. Forget spending hours in the garage getting your car just right. You can't even choose your car's color. I have more control over the visuals of this text than my car in "Most Wanted".

So how do you obtain new cars if there's no money and no stores? Do you unlock them as in Hot Pursuit, getting gradually better and better cars as you progress through the missions? No. You unlock them by finding them. With the exception of the cars the "bosses" drive (more on that in a minute) all the cars in the game are available right from the start, you just have to find them around the city. In fact, the city is littered with ridiculous collectables lifted from Burnout Paradise such as speed cameras, billboards, and "jack spots" (spots where you find cars). In fact, there are roughly 3 times as many Jack Spots as there are cars in the game, just to give you more pointless crap to find. "Collect-a-thon" type games haven't been in style since the N64 era, yet here we are in 2012 preforming extra fetch quests... in a racing game.

And what of the famous Story from Most Wanted and it's sequel, Carbon? The interesting characters, the backstabbing gangs and the bounty hunter constantly after you? All gone. The "story" here begins with you driving towards the city and a narrator explains that you're trying to become the Most Wanted. That's it. Seriously, that's all there is that makes The Run look like a masterpiece of storytelling. There are no other characters no, not even the bosses the final boss is literally named "Most Wanted #01".

Let's not forget that Criterion apparently stole some design secrets from Zynga this game constantly badgers you to badger your friends to buy the game. The autolog is here, but unlike the previous 2 games where it was a nice extra to the racing, this game seems to be an extra to the autolog, rather than the reverse. You are annoyed by the game to add your friends to such an extent that you might as well be playing Farmville EA, if we wanted to play a "Social Game" (PR speak for "Bad Single-Player") we'd go on Facebook.

But what of the actual events? Well, before you start an event you need to drive to it. That's right it's just like Most Wanted... if it lacked the "Jump to Event" feature. You need to have played an event once before you can jump to it. EA tried every trick in the book to pad their game, didn't they. At least the game gives you a way to set your destination, so you know where you're going. Every car has 5 events set up to it. But when you realize there are 40 something cars and only 60 something events, you realize that yes, EA wants you to race the same events again, that you have already defeated, using a different car.

Once you actually get there (if the cops don't stop you) there are five different events it can be Circuit Race, Sprint Race, Ambush, Speed Run, and "Most Wanted" (Boss). The races are Burnout style with takedowns and crashes. The races aren't as fun as Burnout Revenge or Hot Pursuit because of one mistake the racetrack. There are checkpoints on the course to tell you where to go, but it can be quite easy to get lost during a race. Keep in mind that in these races, crashing costs you a few seconds, but a wrong turn can assure you last place. What happened to the "arrow barrier" present in every other Need for Speed and Burnout title? It only shows up when it wants to. Yes, it's in the game, but it's not on every turn. It's like they didn't even finish the game yet.

The sad fact here is that EA and Criterion might've actually made a pretty good game if they took out all the padding sure, it wouldn't be Most Wanted, but it would be a well-designed game. The Races, Cop Chases, and other fun events would be fantastic if they stood alone. There is fun to be had within this game, but it's buried under mountains of tedious collecting, "Social" pestering, and events you need to drive to. It's the equivalent of me adding another 5 pages to this review, but there's nothing but gibberish on them.
  40. Nov 29, 2013
    That game it's very good, but is not a Need for Speed game, but yes a Burnout game, in my opnion. I play that game in PS3 is very funny, grafics and disgns are very pretty and gameplay is cool, but the car handling is a little heavy.
    It´s a awesome arcade game.
  41. Nov 26, 2013
    NFS RIVALS
    first of all ,graphics are not heavy as compare to performance
    previous nfs most wanted runs great at maximum settings
    but this one run at medium thats why rating gets low
    but as far as gameplay is concern
    it has very nice gameplay(better than cars are also good
    i give 6/10 due to gameplay otherwise graphics,animations are quite bad
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    Among most of the Need for Speed series that I've played, this is by far the worst and crappiest series ever. What the hell Criterion? First of all the controlling sucks heavily. Graphic was fine but the controlling REALLY SUCKS!! I can't even finish one race without crashing to cars and buildings. The car handling was too heavy and the AI was too difficult even at easy level. I'd say thisAmong most of the Need for Speed series that I've played, this is by far the worst and crappiest series ever. What the hell Criterion? First of all the controlling sucks heavily. Graphic was fine but the controlling REALLY SUCKS!! I can't even finish one race without crashing to cars and buildings. The car handling was too heavy and the AI was too difficult even at easy level. I'd say this is the most disappointing parts and its not even fluid for the handling. If this rating had a minus rate, I would have given -10!! Expand
  43. Nov 11, 2013
    game this is maybe the frustrating i game i ever played i mean why does this earn a need for speed title? first time i play it was no instructions and its badly optimized for pc wonder this game has wonderful reviews by critics guess EA payed them
  44. Nov 1, 2013
    This is one the worst NFS game, if not the worst No story, terrible V-Sync, random races, no adrenaline, no rush, no passion... I've never played more than 10% of the game because it's so utter crap I totally hated it I'm curious I still have it on my HDD I deleted it right now...
  45. Sep 20, 2013
    The game graphics is good, that's to be expected sadly, disappointing and frustratingly the game play is "extremely" unfriendly....The AI's are the same.....their cars usually run faster than yours w/e the car the AI uses...most terrible in this game is the cut scene of crashing....little bump crash destroying the momentum of the game....the police chase is OK.....but seriously? suddenlyThe game graphics is good, that's to be expected sadly, disappointing and frustratingly the game play is "extremely" unfriendly....The AI's are the same.....their cars usually run faster than yours w/e the car the AI uses...most terrible in this game is the cut scene of crashing....little bump crash destroying the momentum of the game....the police chase is OK.....but seriously? suddenly appearing like nowhere....games should be challenging but always remember should be enjoyable as well. but this game failed both....its stressful and BORING in the long run Expand
  46. Aug 26, 2013
    After all is said and done (and my second 7970 arrived) i can tell you what this game truly feels like:
    it's a pure eye candy to wow you'r friends with, THIS is the crysis 3 of racing games meaning,
    more fun to watch then to play. it's not a 'broken' game but it's due to some heavy, heavy polish in terms of handling, the 'lag' between what you want it to do to what the car is currently
    more fun to watch then to play.
    what you want it to do to what the car is currently doing is frankly, horrible.
    it's like it's meant to be a drift to win game but the drift mechanics are not working.
    Try grid 2 if you want that^ btw.
    never gave multiplayer the time of days considering the childish gameplay modes available
    i would suggest trying to find something more fun to do in an open world racer then just playing tag
    or racing.
    you will find more realism in mario kart, Just get grid 2.
  47. Jul 26, 2013
    I haven't played Need for Speed in a long time (since 2005 or so), and this game was a disappointment to me. First, why is the menu keyboard-only controlled? No mouse?
    The game starts without even telling you the controls.
    The game starts without even telling you the controls.
    The turns feel not responsive enough. I just kept crushing and bumbing into all kinds of stuff. After a while i just didn't care since it seems nothing can happen to the car even if you crush into a wall at 300 km/h. The game forces you to go some place to start a race, then drive some other place. This felt just idiotic. I ended up just driving randomly across the city for a while and then uninstalling.
    And yes, the starting cutscene made me lose all hopes in today's generation. Are players really that dumb? I mean "10 drivers dominate the city and police can't find them", and collect all those stupid cars across the city? I don't remember myself being so dumb to enjoy a story like this even in the age of 12 (if that's the age of the target audience they had in mind).
    Overall, a bad joke and a disgrace of a good name.
  48. Jul 26, 2013
    I think they did put effort into the graphics and it does run well on my system on maximum setting's, my problem is even though it does run well, I don't want to play it for longer than about ten minute's...It's a game with car's sure, but...it seems ambiguous frankly. The handling is...normal...the city is...well a city just like you would expect it to be...in other words I was lookingI think they did put effort into the graphics and it does run well on my system on maximum setting's, my problem is even though it does run well, I don't want to play it for longer than about ten minute's...It's a game with car's sure, but...it seems ambiguous frankly. The handling is...normal...the city is...well a city just like you would expect it to be...in other words I was looking for that thing you get with a game that you cannot explain but it keeps you coming back, but for me this game doesn't have that. I played it for a hour, noticed the lack of story, lack of the sort of custom stuff you can do to your car (Like back in Need for Speed Underground 2 before the series started going down hill) it's just so disheartening to see them make such a pretty game, that feels such a chore to play...And...Criterion I know your proud of Burnout franchise and you have every right to be, I'm a fan of that series myself too, but I never imagined you to only be capable of just one trick. I mean you had a chance to make a new original game, and then you just turned it into Burnout clone...Award winning or not...I don't like it.

I tried it with Eyefinity too, which was a mistake frankly. Not that it hurt the frame rate, that was fine. It was that the menu's and such went behind the bezel's and everything was squashed onto the middle screen. And the lack of controller sensitivity and dead zone adjustment was rather irritating, to say the least.

Over all, good effort in the graphics department still needs work elsewhere though and needs to have its own identity, Need for Speed's identity, not Burnout's identity.
  49. Jul 5, 2013
    Graphics are great, Jackspots are a cool idea, cars are awesome.

50. Jun 30, 2013
    Pathetic.

FACT: Mustangs are not faster than Aventadors. These guys cannot into reality. Random traffic appearing out of no where to ruin your fun? Pathetic. This is supposed to be a racing game. Not a crashing game. Good thing i didn't pay for it. Uninstalled and forgotten. Need For Speed: Most Wanted? more Like Need For Speed: Glad I Torrented It Instead. This proves
    Pathetic.

FACT: Mustangs are not faster than Aventadors.

These guys cannot into reality.

Good thing i didn't pay for it.

Uninstalled and forgotten.

This proves to me, once again, that Japanese games are just better.
  51. Jun 30, 2013
    Beautiful graphics and cars.
    Horrible soundtracks, horrible handling, horrible camera angle.
    It's a NFS, I just want to drive 250km/h and corner at full speed, not crash every single time my cars run on a chewing gum.
    And seriously what's wrong with you putting 5 seconds crash animation in a racing game
  52. Jun 27, 2013
    First of all, this is not Need for Speed, its Burnout. Has all the charasteristics, same game mechanics as Burnout Paradise. In other words, its a bad NFS game. Is it a bad game overall? No, its a great racing game, but it does not live up to the NFS criterias. As im playing this on a PC, the game is also poorly optimized and runs at about 25-30 frames per second no matter what settings onFirst of all, this is not Need for Speed, its Burnout. Has all the charasteristics, same game mechanics as Burnout Paradise. In other words, its a bad NFS game. Is it a bad game overall? No, its a great racing game, but it does not live up to the NFS criterias. As im playing this on a PC, the game is also poorly optimized and runs at about 25-30 frames per second no matter what settings on a GTX 670 and i7 3770k. Expand
  53. Jun 25, 2013
    The game is totally senseless in single player. Without the story and random racing. For one car we have assigned six races (when we don't have any DLC's) wtf.. Irritating is also crash/elimination system. Car tuning is minimalist and we do not see visual changes. In multiplayer a game can be enjoyed, particularly when we play with friends. I was expecting a better game
  54. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is literally unplayable on PC for me (Asus G75VW). I expected much better from criterion. They did a piss poor job on the PC port. I am so disappointed. I got so frustrated with this game that I actually hit alt-f4 from this game. No redeeming qualities what so ever. I hope this never happens again.
  55. Jun 9, 2013
    I enjoyed Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the PC. I don't generally play racing games, but I gave this one a shot and it surprised me. Even though my PC is equipped to play most games on the highest graphical settings, I did have some FPS problems during a few cut scenes, but the actual racing portion was fine (30+ FPS). Contrary to many of the user reviews, I think the gameplay was theI enjoyed Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the PC. I don't generally play racing games, but I gave this one a shot and it surprised me. Even though my PC is equipped to play most games on the highest graphical settings, I did have some FPS problems during a few cut scenes, but the actual racing portion was fine (30+ FPS). Contrary to many of the user reviews, I think the gameplay was the most impressive aspect of the game. I haven't played many racing games, but I was able to jump in and play successfully with little to no practice using a USB controller. However, I would have liked to seen more customization options on the cars. Overall, I enjoyed this game and I will likely play Criterion's future NFS titles. Expand
  56. May 26, 2013
    I bought this game over joyed that they were finally making a need for speed most wanted 2. But all that joy went away when I played it for the first 10 minutes. Especially when I found out my first car on the game was a Porsche! I'd rather work my way up to a Porsche than get one right off, its so stupid. Next, there is no story line like I thought there was going to be, bigI bought this game over joyed that they were finally making a need for speed most wanted 2. But all that joy went away when I played it for the first 10 minutes. Especially when I found out my first car on the game was a Porsche! I'd rather work my way up to a Porsche than get one right off, its so stupid. Next, there is no story line like I thought there was going to be, big disappointment. But anyway I just decided to keep playing to see if it'd become more fun as i completed some missions, but after that i actually found more wrong with the game. The map was too small, there were no ordinary cars(tuners, muscles) just plain old super cars and all you had to do was find them and you owned them! And there is many more wrong with the game. After about an hour, my mom came i and asked if i liked the game, i didn't want my mom t think it was a waste of money so i told her i liked it. A couple of months later, i got Forza Horizon and it was way better. I wish i would have bought that one earlier. Anyway, I beat MW2 in just one day of playing it. Expand
  57. May 7, 2013
    OMG this game is a load of utter B.S! Don't waste your money! This game is lazy boring and easy. You "Hijack" cars. This means driving around and parking next to a car such as a Lamborghini and pressing E. I mean what the hell. No saving cash to buy a awesome car. No car customization. Cops are just retarded. You can hit another car right in-front of them and they don't do about it.IOMG this game is a load of utter B.S! Don't waste your money! This game is lazy boring and easy. You "Hijack" cars. This means driving around and parking next to a car such as a Lamborghini and pressing E. I mean what the hell. No saving cash to buy a awesome car. No car customization. Cops are just retarded. You can hit another car right in-front of them and they don't do about it.I didn't even care about the racing cause there was no POINT! Expand
  58. May 3, 2013
    I CAN´T UNDERSTAND ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO SAYS THAT NFS MOST WANTED IS A BAD GAME!!! It´s very great car game with the best multiplayer and graphic i´ve ever seen in a game like this!
  59. Apr 27, 2013
    a game with hes pro's and con's
    you cant complain about the graphics but other than that
    even on a high end pc you cant get this game running smooth which makes EA effort to take our money minimal and the crashes yea they ruined the game for me its horrible so yea not even worth its 50€ not even 30 in my eyes for the horrible port play the game in another way if ya can but not
    a game with hes pro's and con's
    you cant complain about the graphics but other than that
    and the crashes yea they ruined the game for me its horrible
    so yea not even worth its 50€ not even 30 in my eyes for the horrible port
    play the game in another way if ya can but not worth its money is EA did only filling there purses and not the fan base
  60. Apr 26, 2013
    Amazing graphics, imersive sounds and phisics but the game is very short and the moviments are weird.
    I have a steering wheel but i dont know why, the car lose control so easy.

Some times i think you have to have some patience with bugs and controls.
  61. Apr 23, 2013
    THE WORST NO.1 IN NFS SERIES,
    There is no story,No good music,gameplay is bad(compared to previous one)
    This Game is nooo match for the previous Most Wanted (2005),which i still play sometimes.
    I'll GIVE A BIG THUMB DOWN...
  62. Apr 23, 2013
    The first thing you need to do is change graphics because anything under 60fps ruins gameplay. Once configured to your specs the game is actually very enjoyable. Nothing like the original but still lots of fun driving around at high speeds. Cars are way to easy to get and after a handful of races with each there is really no reason to use it. There is no story or progression besidesThe first thing you need to do is change graphics because anything under 60fps ruins gameplay. Once configured to your specs the game is actually very enjoyable. Nothing like the original but still lots of fun driving around at high speeds. Cars are way to easy to get and after a handful of races with each there is really no reason to use it. There is no story or progression besides taking down the top 10 most wanted. The city feels empty and pursuits are very easy. Cops basically throw themselves at you, roadblocks are static and will not pursue you. Building heat is very easy and escaping pursuits is very boring as cops catch up to you from a dead stop almost instantly. Crashes are way overdone in both SP and MP. Multiplayer is somewhat fun if you mute everyone but again it is high speed bumper cars. I love racing games and have played all the NFS games. Yet this one just seems empty, its just about driving cars and nothing else. The DLC is just more cars. I was really unhappy at first but after a couple weeks it grew on me. All the cars are fun to drive there just really isn't any feeling of accomplishment in the game.

Overall it is a good game. However the lack of patches and communication kills it.
    Criterion basically shut down their forums and won't respond to any problems.
    EA tries to help on their forums but it is frustrating because they can't do anything about it.
    The game crashes on one race 'Every time' and caused a corrupt save.
    Now the game won't even start up even after a repair of the install which found no errors.
    Many people are getting save problems that is causing them to delete and start all over.
    I would rent it if you really want to play it on console, but on PC its just a mess.
    How can you make a game and then ignore your customers? Not fix problems but yet push out DLC.
  63. Apr 16, 2013
    It's a hugely over-rated game that misses its expectations by miles. Fully detached from its origins, brought to the PC for arguably better visuals and simplified controls, but a polished turd is still a turd. Where's the customization? Where is the proper story? Where is a fraction of realism? Criterion has ruined the legendary Most Wanted by making it too "arcadeish" and way tooIt's a hugely over-rated game that misses its expectations by miles. Fully detached from its origins, brought to the PC for arguably better visuals and simplified controls, but a polished turd is still a turd. Where's the customization? Where is the proper story? Where is a fraction of realism? Criterion has ruined the legendary Most Wanted by making it too "arcadeish" and way too simplified, all that this game has is decent (not outstanding) graphics and a relatively short list of licensed cars. I've had to push this to 2 out of 10. Expand
  64. Mar 31, 2013
    First off, this game looks rediculously good on max settings. Gorgeous game. But unfortunately its a RACING game. Omg the controls. OMG. Cars are tanks, they either dont turn at all, or turn you 90 degrees into a wall. I've played for 5 hrs now, TRYING to get a grasp at it. Its just unplayable and unenjoyable. I really want to like it but if you cant steer, you cant race. Shameful a gameFirst off, this game looks rediculously good on max settings. Gorgeous game. But unfortunately its a RACING game. Omg the controls. OMG. Cars are tanks, they either dont turn at all, or turn you 90 degrees into a wall. I've played for 5 hrs now, TRYING to get a grasp at it. Its just unplayable and unenjoyable. I really want to like it but if you cant steer, you cant race. Shameful a game that looks this good races this bad. Expand
  65. Mar 21, 2013
    What can I sat that hasn't been already said. Worst Need For Speed game? Yep it wins that title quiet easily. All cars handle like buses, sloshing left and right and NO MANUAL transmission!! The multiplayer is useless. I never had any clue as to what I was supposed to do. To improve this game some should make a patch or mod to improve the handling of the car and please include manualWhat can I sat that hasn't been already said. Worst Need For Speed game? Yep it wins that title quiet easily. All cars handle like buses, sloshing left and right and NO MANUAL transmission!! The multiplayer is useless. I never had any clue as to what I was supposed to do. To improve this game some should make a patch or mod to improve the handling of the car and please include manual transmission. Only good thing about the game is the beautiful graphics. Expand
  66. Mar 12, 2013
    This game's not that bad as a game by itself, but this is purely Burnout Paradise. There's barely any trace of Need for Speed, or anything original to begin with.

Decent game, but false advertising. Do not buy.
  67. Mar 6, 2013
    TL;DR: This is Burnout Paradise 2 not Most Wanted. Console port without optimization also means low fps even with high end cards like a GTX 680. >|

This game is not worthy of calling itself Most Wanted. Compared to the original it lacks numerous features such as tuning, body kits and paint jobs. There is no story within this game and because it is poorly optimized for pc, max settings cannot be brought out without constant dips in fps rates into the low 20s (I have a GTX 680). If this game were to be labeled as Burnout Paradise 2, I would give it a solid 10 (minus the performance issues) but since EA has enough balls to call this game Most Wanted it will earn my 1 out of 10. To add insult to injury, they also have the balls to make running through petrol stations fill your nitrous and fix your car, completely ripped out of burnout paradise without any bother to change. However, for me what did it was the constant unavoidable crashing because apparently hitting a civilian car will cause you to flip over 10 times in a row whilst head-on collisions with cops will do nothing.
  68. Feb 23, 2013
    This game is really disappointing. First thing that really bothers me is gaming menu it doesn't exist at all. Makes me feel that his game is regular straight console port. Second, no matter how well you drive, you will crash 10+ times during your race. View from the cab does not exist too. Disaster, it deserves 0 rating.
  69. Feb 22, 2013
    How in the world did this game get such glowing reviews? For starters, I love both the NFS and Burnout franchises. So one of those, or a mix of the two SHOULD appeal to me, right? I put over 100 hours into Burnout Paradise... Issue 1: Car handling. Playing with a gamepad, I found the handling to be unbearable. The stick was over sensitive, you would turn a bit, let go of the stick andHow in the world did this game get such glowing reviews? For starters, I love both the NFS and Burnout franchises. So one of those, or a mix of the two SHOULD appeal to me, right? I put over 100 hours into Burnout Paradise... Issue 1: Car handling. Playing with a gamepad, I found the handling to be unbearable. The stick was over sensitive, you would turn a bit, let go of the stick and still be turning, and then have to correct back the other direction. Wha? Combine this with some of the narrow obstacle filled races, and it was nothing short of unpleasant. Push the stick too far, and find yourself spinning like mad. FYI No option to increase or reduce sensitivity. Their racing system is designed around the idea that you're going to drift around every turn. Issue 2: Freaking lens flare. Too many pop-ups. Obstacles hidden over hills. The game sets it's difficulty curve by blinding you. The graphics are quite beautiful, but half of the time you just can't see what the heck you're doing. You don't want to slipstream other cars, because you'll be blinded by their smoke/dirt trail and they'll turn at the last second leaving you staring at the wall that just appeared out of nowhere. Issue 3: Awful AI. The game has a rubberband AI that means that there's always 2 cars right on your tail. No matter how well or poorly you play. Add in Cops who wait around corners and "Jump out" to wreck into you. At the end of the day, this game wasn't enjoyable. It was a frustrating grind, and I felt that the difference between getting 1st place and 6th place was more luck than skill. Poor visibility, bad AI, and oversensitive handling meant that you couldn't see what was coming, couldn't react to it, and when you hit it, 2-3 AI cars were lined up behind you. Restart race, start over... Oh, and the menus are slow and fiddly too. Wait for bizarre/stupid cutscene to load, skip it, watch another cut scene of the race starting... You spent 2-3 minutes starting a race just to have the poor AI or poor handling put you into a barricade that you couldn't see due to lens flare in the first 15 seconds. Restart race... Rinse lather repeat. Get first place, sigh. Expand
  70. Feb 20, 2013
    I hadn't played a NFS game in years and had really missed it, so I got this with very minimal expectations. I just wanted the usual post-Underground NFS game, with silly storyline and enjoyable driving. Even with non existent expectations however, this game is bad. When I can run Far Cry 3 on high and I need to turn this down to low details, you know there's a problem. Also, the handlingI hadn't played a NFS game in years and had really missed it, so I got this with very minimal expectations. I just wanted the usual post-Underground NFS game, with silly storyline and enjoyable driving. Even with non existent expectations however, this game is bad. When I can run Far Cry 3 on high and I need to turn this down to low details, you know there's a problem. Also, the handling is so terrible that I couldn't stand it for more than an hour. You press the stick to turn and at first the car doesn't respond and then it immediately takes a 90 degree turn straight into the nearest wall. I can't believe Criterion made this game, wtf happened to them? I don't think I need to add anything else, when you've got a sluggish racing game that handles terribly, it's done, nothing else matters. Huge disappointment. Expand
  71. Feb 13, 2013
    This is such a game it deserves a negative score. You spend most time looking at annoying crash cams instead of playing the actual game. It's utter garbage and I refuse to play it anymore. Had 2-3 hours on it and it angered me so much I wanted to literally watch the people that made the game get shot in the public square. I am glad I decided to torrent the game before deciding to partThis is such a game it deserves a negative score. You spend most time looking at annoying crash cams instead of playing the actual game. It's utter garbage and I refuse to play it anymore. Had 2-3 hours on it and it angered me so much I wanted to literally watch the people that made the game get shot in the public square. I am glad I decided to torrent the game before deciding to part with my hard earned money. Word of advice, stay away from this turd. You're better off playing with yourself really, rather than having to play this Expand
  72. Feb 5, 2013
    Criterion, Go yourself, you're screwing all NFS games!!!
    When does the mercenary *EA* learns what we really want... Criterion, your only good game release was Burnout, and it stayed there.. Stop before u screw Need for speed
  73. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is awesome I loved the open world setting its like burnout paradise but with real high end sports cars and awesome graphics. If you have a high end pc this game definitely will show it off everything from the awesome weather effects to super detailed cars to effects like smoke coming out of sewer holes and waves splashing up against the shore all come together to make a veryThis game is awesome I loved the open world setting its like burnout paradise but with real high end sports cars and awesome graphics. If you have a high end pc this game definitely will show it off everything from the awesome weather effects to super detailed cars to effects like smoke coming out of sewer holes and waves splashing up against the shore all come together to make a very realistic experience. I love to hop in a Bugatti and just go driving then taunt a cop and then smoke him. It is cool to get on the high way and just open it up. Add all of the features from street racing to car mods and this makes for one cool driving experience. Expand
  74. Jan 26, 2013
    The worst game of the franchise, initially thought it would be a version of the previous game (one of the best) adapted to frostbite engine,my mistake, the game is more like a version of NFS online with better graphics. The controls are bad, in some races you will start about to hit a wall or fall off the track without any control of what you doing, you wiil need to break giving advantageThe worst game of the franchise, initially thought it would be a version of the previous game (one of the best) adapted to frostbite engine,my mistake, the game is more like a version of NFS online with better graphics. The controls are bad, in some races you will start about to hit a wall or fall off the track without any control of what you doing, you wiil need to break giving advantage to the other racers. The amount of availabe cars was new in the franchise, at the begging it was cool, but them you notice that you have to do same things to unlock new upgrades and it start to becoming boring. And as the cops, oh my... the cops, well, for that i will just say that they should have changed the title franchise for Need For Cops, one of the worst experience in a race game ever. But got to give a 3 for the graphics! Expand
  75. Jan 26, 2013
    Not worth the time to even think about it! Baby game written for babies with six axis controllers stuck to their hands and mommy and daddies money in their wallets. Console crap all the way- just like everything from criterion. The user reviews are very kind and the game reviewer's have been paid handsomely to lie! EA has failed on this series for 8 years now. I hated Black Box butNot worth the time to even think about it! Baby game written for babies with six axis controllers stuck to their hands and mommy and daddies money in their wallets. Console crap all the way- just like everything from criterion. The user reviews are very kind and the game reviewer's have been paid handsomely to lie! EA has failed on this series for 8 years now. I hated Black Box but Criterion? They can't even make a game that runs on PC or uses PC hardware. They aren't alone though- so they think that makes it alright to steal our money. Not mine! Need for Speed has been dead to me for 7 years. Sorry Sucker's. Expand
  76. Jan 25, 2013
    It feels like a horribly watered down version of Burnout Paradise in almost every aspect. Hell, even the COLOURS look watered down compared to Burnout Paradise.

The slow-mo crash thing is horribly disappointing compared to the exact same system in Burnout Paradise.
  77. Jan 20, 2013
    Multiplayer = frustrating derby, just crash, crash, crash, and more crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, stupid!!!!!!
  78. Jan 20, 2013
    I am really enjoying this game. It is disappointing it doesn't have garages, money and customization like the original did, but as a modern racing game I find it stands out with its array of content, cars, and beautiful locations.
  79. Jan 16, 2013
    I don't know where everyone is getting the poor performance excuse. I could run the game on all high settings 25-30 fps with my gtx 768mb. Overall though the lack of story and somewhat repetitive game-play could turn a lot of gamers off, but believe me, when it's fun, Its really fun.
  80. Jan 16, 2013
    I wanted to love this game, I really did.

I wanted to love this game, I really did.

Coming off the dismal "Need for Speed: The Run" last year, I was glad to hear Criteron was getting back to the style of "Hot Pursuit", the pinnacle of the modern NFS games. About three hours after firing this up, pumped as ever, I had to stop out of sheer frustration. First, the good. It seems as if there is a massive list of cars in this game. Ranging for the Bugatti Veyron to the Ford Shelby GT, each car is faithfully represented on the screen.

The graphics in the game are quite good but for me, they didn't look all too different from 2010's "Hot Pursuit". There are a few exceptions which I'll get into but overall, the game is still great to look at. The Bad.

First, the controls feel incredibly sluggish. If you put Hot Pursuit at one end of the spectrum and The Run on the other, Most Wanted falls right in the middle. Perhaps I'm biased because I absolutely love the fast paced, arcade style controls of HP but MW falls disappointingly short. I didn't feel like I was in control of the car a lot of the times, especially if I was rubbing up against a wall. The amount of precision it takes to move away from the wall without slamming into the opposite one, feels inappropriate in this type of game. In Gran Turismo, this may work but I feel for a street racing game it's frustrating as all hell. I understand that upgrades can remedy this but you'll be repeating events so many times to get those upgrades the controls will start to wear on you.

Rubber-banding and teleporting of opponents is commonplace in the NFS franchise unfortunately. Even my favorite, HP, is guilty of this. However in this game, it feels slightly unfair and here's why: At the beginning when you first obtain a car, you need to race for your upgrades including your boost. As far as I can tell, this happens with every single car (which is annoying to race for your boost on your car every single time). These races are already stacked against the player who already has enough to deal with when racing a new car, since each handles differently. Lack of boost, new car and rubber banding/teleporting in a preliminary race is way too much to throw at someone in the first race. The graphics, while beautiful, can be incredibly distracting. I remember during one race, I had the sun facing in my eyes for the entire time. I couldn't see a damn thing. Now this might work if the computer racers were somewhat affected, but they aren't. The amount of dust cars kick up also seems to be too much. In here lies a key problem with this game: It can't decide whether to be an arcade racing game or a simulator a la Gran Turismo. On one hand, the environmental effects scream "simulation" while slamming into a wall at 200/mph and driving away after multiple barrel rolls says "arcade". Mixing the two makes for a frustrating experience. Constant frame-rate issues also seem to plague the PC port but along with controls, it's not something new coming from a console focused title. However, it doesn't make it right. With virtually the same set up between the two, HP seems to have no frame-rate issues nor touchy control problems. The setting is incredibly bland, not to mention that this city feels incredibly similar to Burnout: Paradise's. Each race feels the same with slightly different turns. I think the series could have used some sort of plot device where it allowed for racing in different surroundings, like snowy rocky mountains or big canyons.

The Indifferent

There is really no story to NFS: MW. Then again, I don't necessarily play racing games for their story so this wasn't an issue for me but I could see how people feel less inclined to continue up the ranks. Different personalities for the "Most Wanted" drivers could have been neat but again, not really a necessity. The music is really nothing to write home about. You got your rock, your dubstep, blah blah blah. Typically they get drowned out by the constant crashing and smashing of cars that you'll barely notice there's any music. The sound overall is fantastic though, as each car has a distinct sound (as it should). Conclusion

It may seem like I hate this game, but I really don't. I'm just incredibly disappointed with the end product after being hyped about this being the spiritual successor to Hot Pursuit. In the end, if you enjoy the NFS series as a whole, it's probably worth a rental. Anyone else may have a hard time staying interested after a few days.
  81. Jan 14, 2013
    Excuse the extremely late review. This game ran fine on a 3 year old dual core system with a 1 gig NVIDIA card. Now let's rip this to shreds.

When I heard about this game coming out I was pretty stoked because I'd already played NFS MW1 from back in the xbox original days - so I was expecting great things. Sadly...not many of those great things happened. In fact I'm not so sure any happened.

The game has a decent mix of cars, but there are many "jackspots" that consist of the same car. When you're left to run around looking for these jackspots you'd expect to find the experience of finding one to be a little more rewarding than just another Lamborghini, or just another Volkswagen or just another whatever - the whatever being a repeat model of the manufacturer's car you've already found somewhere else.

The game in it's origins, had oodles of originality as far as the NFS franchise was concerned. Speedbreaking was really handy to get out of tight spots with the cops, or to avoid head on smashes with walls at sharp corners. This doesn't even exist in the second one. I dunno why. It just doesn't. But clearly it needs it because driving any car in the game using a keyboard, is akin to either driving a tank, or driving on a skidpan. Criterion and EA pretty much annoyed me immensely with this game.

Every crash cutscene will eventually drive you completely stark raving bonkers. EVERY. crash. If this is it's attempt at trying to be like Burnout it doesn't work, it just sucks worse than Burnout ever did (which if memory serves me well - it didn't). Initially I was impressed, I liked the graphics, the intro FMV sequences for the most wanted cars are sharp and snazzy and in all cases, rather smooth. But that's about as sharp, snazzy and smooth as it's ever going to get in game. This game single-handedly destroys the fun that was NFS MW and tries to bring too much of a different experience to it's predecessor to make it even moderately enjoyable. The rewards system is pretty dire, the racing structure is dull - you have to repeat the same process over and over and over again, for EVERY car - the cutscenes will most definitely vex you if you get to driving any of the faster cars (although despite all the badmouthing I'm giving this game, the Bugatti Veyron is a lot of fun, all crash cutscenes aside). I found the logic of the game pretty tough not to mention blindingly unfair. This game seriously punishes you for sucking at driving. If you don't have the patience, and you do get pissed off watching repeat performances of crash after crash, you may well end up - like me - not really liking this game all that much. What's worse is that for instance, smashing through a roadblock may bring you screeching to a halt, but during the cut scene (yet another cut scene) you'll see that bloody AI car boosting on by having smashed through the roadblock and not even slowing down due to contact made. It's vexing at worst, and really rage worthy at best. The only slight enjoyment in this game, with it's seemingly smaller than usual map (is it just me or does that map look much smaller in comparison to NFSMW1?) are some of the really good looking locations, and the jumps (so long as you don't bloody crash at the end of them) can be a bit of good fun for a few minutes until you get bored and go looking for another one. But that's it. My ultimate bone of contention with this game, is it's lack of any personalized customization. There are no vinyls, no stickers, no custom paints no NOTHING. That was some of the best fun to be had in the original and they took it right out. So much wrong with this game it's difficult to really pick out any extremely positive bits.
    PC gaming at it's worst on this one. The worst of the lot though, is the ultimate design flaw. The 'on-the-fly' menu which you access by pressing the right arrowed 6 key on the number pad. For whatever reason, I'm assuming that Criterion assumes we have as many limbs as an octopus with which to mess about menus whilst driving a car at over 60 mph or more. Whichever complete total donkeybrain came up with this idea, really didn't think that far ahead, or with an open mind. If you have an xbox controller on your PC, it may not be a problem, but if you're stuck with a keyboard, you're screwed. That "on the fly menu" used to be a pause menu - accessed by pressing a button during the driving session you were having, and then you could tweak the car at leisure, and then resume driving and hey presto the changes were done. This game expects you to stop the car, make the changes, and then carry on driving. This is kind of dumb as **** if you're driving off road and the situation demands spontaneously accessing the menu to change the tires to the 'off-road' variety, when there are a dozen cops up your tailpipe. This game....not something to be proud of. Not something to be proud of at all. I hope EA even remotely care enough to hang their hang their heads in shame.
  82. Dec 27, 2012
    Fantastic game, all framerate issues have been resolved by the patches. It's pure EA/Criterion goodness!

Think Burnout Paradise meets NFS Hot Pursuit--it's a BLAST! As with all Criterion games they design with fun first--so folks looking for a tedious overly technical simulator aren't going to be happy. The rest of us who enjoy life and love a great arcade racer are going to have AN

The rest of us who enjoy life and love a great arcade racer are going to have AN AMAZING TIME! Can't recommend it enough!

Do get yourself an XBox 360 controller for Windows though--then again if you're a PC gamer these days you should already have one. :) Cheers and see you guys on the streets!
  83. Dec 26, 2012
    This game should be called "Burnout Paradise 2 - No Need for Speed: Least Wanted" becaus its not that awesome NFS Most Wanted game remake we wanted and expected, its not NFS at all!
    - What made original Most Wanted 2005 a great game? Story - with underground street racing atmosphere, its was intriguing blockbusters where you had clear goal, good characters and felt yourself a real street racer a pain in cop's ass! Style - awesome moody "golden" lighting, real autumn, road with orange leafs, cool graffiti, awesome customized cars with all sorts of variety! Challenging races- against cop of regular NPC or both, it was not easy it was breathtaking in terms of tension they gave us, final race against cop was totally awesome experience i still cant forget. And getting new cars or customization as price in race was a real treasure that allowed to progress and match your rivals that progressed as well, to get a new car you need to win a lot of races and you need to choose wisely! Customization and tuning - well comparing to previous NFS Underground 2 or next NFS Carbon it was simplified here and there, but it still was good, stylish and allowed to make a lot of various rides, and i heard you all like pimping your rides and they put a "pimp your ride" in your "NFS" so everyone could spent half of gameplay time pimping ride like some Xzibit while playing NFS. Physics - well it was not realistic, it was arcadish, but it was adequate and balanced and kept everyone entertained. Various race modes - i cant remember them all, i think drag and drift racing was missing (well NFS UG 2 and Carbon was still better) but it was enough and all was challenging. Variety of gameplay features - you was able to not just use nitro, but a slow mo as well, was able to hide from cops, if you change cars or colors the heat was going down, you was able to brake parts of levels to make a traps for cops and rivals, there was SMS, car shops, customs shops, safehouses and count of damage you dealt to city, and more gameplay features. Cutscenes - well this goes to story department of game, but even if there was no good story, scenes was very-well directed and quite impressive, people really loved how they mixed real actors and in-game environment and cars, in game real-time cut-scenes that showed cars before and after races was impressive as well and was making all car lovers horny, it was a real vehicle-porn in good meaning. Controls - they was different for every car, they was good, they was optimized well for gamepad, keyboard and wheels. Sound track - i guess everyone remembed awesome tracks since NFS Underground famous "Eron-don-don" and up to Carbon dark grime. There was more good things about original MW, but i need to finally start talking about MW 2012, however there is not too much to talk about.
    So if you played original MW, once you hear about new MW, you expect all the good things from original to appear in new game and evolve to next level.. to make this game even greater than original was...
    And the biggest problem of NFS Most Wanted 2012 that this freaking game HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF WHAT I JUST LISTED AND WHAT MADE ORIGINAL MOST WANTED 2005 such a good game!
    Im freaking serious! Almost Absolutely nothing except for cop and free roaming city... game is just empty and boring, you have one big (great however) city where you have nothing to do except for changing cars and driving simple circuit races against dumbest boring cops and nameless NPCs... Yo Dawg! Criterion heard you like driving, so they put only a driving in your driving NFS game so you can drive while you drive and do nothing else! No story! No cut-scenes! No style! No customization and tuning! No challenging races! No tension! No adequate physics! No different good controls for different cars! ! No memorable soundtrack! No rich gameplay features! No goals! No sense of wining the race! No awards for winning! No motivation to play! Only a pure empty city where you have nothing to do except for driving through billboards with EA, DICE, Bioware, Visceral game and Criterion logos, and changing cars that have only a cosmetic difference.
    Despite this game feels like a Burnout Paradise 2, it missing a lot of Paradise features and insane speeds, so its not even good as Burnout! Pure marketing FAIL! This game have nothing to be called MOST WANTED, its a LEAST WANTED NFS game (just like recent Hot Pursuit remake)! After playing i realized that crappy Undercover (which was initially called Most Wanted 2) was not so crappy and was actually better than this Most Wanted 3 aka 2012 (or actually MW 4, because Carbon was real MW2 and Undercover was actually MW3). Damn it, half of cars dont even have NITRO! Can you imagine it? Gameplay is somehow close to level of rusty NFS 1-3 which is very simple and empty comparing to what we saw in NFS and Midnight Club and Test drive in recent years.
    Dont buy this game and ask for refund if you did!
    4 of 10 only!
  84. Dec 23, 2012
    For those of you wanting my opinion, see my video over on YouTube.

My review is in the description, with video proof.
  85. Dec 23, 2012
    Not really worth spending £35 on. The optimization is very bad, even on my HD 7870 I get constant fps drops sometimes as low as 20. However, the game itself is good but could be better. The gps thingy is great, it is clear on the minimap on where you need to go and tells you the distance to the event you are getting to. The racing itself is good but again could be better. The carNot really worth spending £35 on. The optimization is very bad, even on my HD 7870 I get constant fps drops sometimes as low as 20. However, the game itself is good but could be better. The gps thingy is great, it is clear on the minimap on where you need to go and tells you the distance to the event you are getting to. The racing itself is good but again could be better. The car handling and responsiveness of the car is also good but once again could be better. A few things I haven't seen in the game which was in the original Most Wanted which I think EA could have added into the game are shops, car lots and a garage. Overall the game is decent but not excellent which is why I am rating this 6/10. Expand
  86. Dec 21, 2012
    I liked the game very much because the graphics are outstanding,races are thrilling and there are so many cars for you to drive and modify.
    many people complain about lagging etc,they should upgrade their systems because its not the fault of developer.
    well because the last nfs game was completely story based so this time they have come with a complete make over (no story),but its a racing game why do u need a story.
    BG music is good ,race intro videos are also a highlight of the game.
  87. Dec 11, 2012
    I am a single player gamer & i played this on my friend's PC for about 10 hours in 2 days. So i am judging the game as single-player only.

Now when this game took the name of 'Most wanted' & so they should have at-least tried to make another most wanted not another Burnout Paradise. Well as most of the people now know that this game is made by Criterion who are well known for Burnout series & for NFS HP 2010; one thing was sure that this game will have elements similar to those previous games & this ruined the whole most wanted experience. I can get 2 better games at unbeatable price right away i.e. NFS MW 2005 BE & Burnout paradise Ultimate Ed.

Now lets look at Pros & Cons from actual game-play :-

Pros :-
    Better graphics than previous MW game & some enjoyable races (There are only a few as most races are repeated no. of times)

Cons :-
    Everything else from new NFS MW game falls in this category..... No story, No money, Game plays like burnout (Crash sequences), Few customizations (when compared with old games), Fewer camera angles, No manual transmission option (Oldest NFS feature), Not ported properly for PC's (sudden frame drops) & the rivals are either very easy & not challenging at all or too difficult & all the challenge you get is when you try to obtain best parts for a car.

This game is just not 'Most wanted' it is another Burnout but you can get better entertainment from burnout paradise than this. Also there are is no re-playability factor as i upgraded my first car completely by winning all it's races & was easily able to beat all 10 most wanted racers from it & not only that i took their cars with it as well.
  88. Dec 7, 2012
    First of all, this is a fun game. It's a good mix of realism and arcade (leaning towards the arcade side) with nice cars and all in all fun gameplay. I don't do the races, but I do like to just drive around and drift corners in my favorite cars. For PC this game doesn't have the best optimization, I get mostly 60 FPS (capped) and it usually drops to 20-30 in some areas (670, 3570k, 16gb).First of all, this is a fun game. It's a good mix of realism and arcade (leaning towards the arcade side) with nice cars and all in all fun gameplay. I don't do the races, but I do like to just drive around and drift corners in my favorite cars. For PC this game doesn't have the best optimization, I get mostly 60 FPS (capped) and it usually drops to 20-30 in some areas (670, 3570k, 16gb). Oh and there is no in-car view, disappointing for those with steering wheels. I played this with a gamepad (and so should you if you don't have a wheel). Expand
  89. Nov 30, 2012
    Are you freaking kidding me EA? No customization? Crashing every two seconds? repetitive game-play? shortest/easiest story-mode of all time with no story? Ok well there's still pursuits to have endless fun...just kidding, no penalty for getting busted and escaping the cops is so easy, I have to cruise at 50 MPH to get to level six, which is still pretty Goddard easy. You can't just make aAre you freaking kidding me EA? No customization? Crashing every two seconds? repetitive game-play? shortest/easiest story-mode of all time with no story? Ok well there's still pursuits to have endless fun...just kidding, no penalty for getting busted and escaping the cops is so easy, I have to cruise at 50 MPH to get to level six, which is still pretty Goddard easy. You can't just make a reboot with absolutely none of the original game features, false advertising. return/pirate this game and buy 2005 most wanted instead. Expand
  90. Nov 28, 2012
    The game is not that bad, it has great graphics, decent controls, it would be a 7/10 game, but as a most wanted sequel it's just disappointing, the first game was all about tunning, about making your car your car, not to mention the fact that criterion recycled much of burnout paradise in this game, that added to the bad optimization makes this an awful game.
  91. Nov 27, 2012
    Need for speed : Most Wanted is a worthy edition to the long legacy of Need for Speed. It shouldn't be called Need for Speed tho, when it's clearly a follow up to the smash hit Burnout: Paradise City.. Even though its title is misleading, i believe that Criterion really made an awesome game here. It isn't like any Need for Speed that you have played before, which in some cases can be aNeed for speed : Most Wanted is a worthy edition to the long legacy of Need for Speed. It shouldn't be called Need for Speed tho, when it's clearly a follow up to the smash hit Burnout: Paradise City.. Even though its title is misleading, i believe that Criterion really made an awesome game here. It isn't like any Need for Speed that you have played before, which in some cases can be a blast of fresh air. The city of Fairhaven is even more chaotic and pumped with adrenaline than the previous cities we have visited.

All in all, i believe that Criterion succeeds in making an arcade racing game, pumped with adrenaline, fast decisions and last but not least competition between you and your friends which for me is the most motivating thing in the world, when i meet up at a race, smashes a billboard or just driving around in the city to see that my best friend are way better than me. That's a motivating factor and that's what makes a arcade racer like Need for Speed: Most Wanted worth buying!

I don't have any optimizing problems with it on my PC, don't know why people are complaining about it but if it's a problem then fix it for the people who have them. If i had the issues mentioned below it would have been a deal breaker. Still i think it's good to mention that not all PC users have these optimizing problems.

Need for speed: Most wanted or should i say Burnout: Paradise City 2? - Is it even a bad thing? - NO!
  92. Nov 26, 2012
    What the hell Criterion? Burnout Paradise was what? 4 years ago? and it still has better graphics and is more realistic than this crap. EA too - Prostreet is more fun. Coulda been alot better if you took another year to work on it. Plus, you cannot unlock/purchase cars. You have to find them around the city... That's no fun. This series is turning into Call of Duty. No one should get it.What the hell Criterion? Burnout Paradise was what? 4 years ago? and it still has better graphics and is more realistic than this crap. EA too - Prostreet is more fun. Coulda been alot better if you took another year to work on it. Plus, you cannot unlock/purchase cars. You have to find them around the city... That's no fun. This series is turning into Call of Duty. No one should get it. Good for $10. Great for $5. Expand
  93. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is great, it has a great online multiplayer, great graphics, great sound tracks, and a fun single player. It would have been better if it had a proper story line, and the proper car customization like the early NFS games. Overall, I am happy with this game.
  94. Nov 21, 2012
    Very poorly optimized for PC, FPS very low, Loads of cars, no excitement of unlocking cars coz they are already unlocked and are parked roadside, too much VFX while racing which makes driving worse, NFS series is dead.
  95. Nov 20, 2012
    Game control is very weak. car are like a magnet to the side of the barrier. You can not escape from police with this poor control. The game has no story.
  96. Nov 19, 2012
    ooooo I get to customize my licence plate wow cool. it's a online game. give me sum stickers and paint dam it. iam 32 yo i still want sticks and paint man lol
  97. Nov 19, 2012
    Nothing interesting in this game waste of time, cheap copy of burnout paradise, if you like arcade go play nfs world, there are not story like in nfs The Run, This game is poorly optimized for PC, a straight port, constant fps drops make the game unplayable. The car handling is too "heavy", the camera choices are horrible. All in all, wasted money.
  98. Nov 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view.
  99. Nov 18, 2012
    The opponent in this game is not the racers aka black list,IS THE WALLS!most time you spend crashing than racing...also there is not a tuning option like turbo upgrades,ECU upgrades etc.There is just a ''customize car'' option with general upgrades,At last its not good to have a option to start with every car you found on the road,its better to start with a normal one and after you canThe opponent in this game is not the racers aka black list,IS THE WALLS!most time you spend crashing than racing...also there is not a tuning option like turbo upgrades,ECU upgrades etc.There is just a ''customize car'' option with general upgrades,At last its not good to have a option to start with every car you found on the road,its better to start with a normal one and after you can change it.The only good in this game is the graphics which is very good and also the variety of the cars.Thats all. Expand
  100. Nov 17, 2012
    Awesome game, put 40+ hours in already, not even nearly done with it and i've hardly touched the multilayer.Fighting the Speedboards, jumps and cameras is addictive. Looks fantastic and plays well too when it wants to.

I do encounter quite alot of crashes and some FPS dips, sometimes but there's other times it runs great.Might be my system but read a few having issues too.My score would be higher if it wasn't for this.
  101. Oct 30, 2012
    All in all, wasted money.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 30, 2012
    Just pick one of the beautiful cars, hop in and drive. But do not want anything else. NFS: Most Wanted is average fun for all car lovers. [Dec 2012]
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 29, 2012
    Most Wanted works best when you treat it like mobile games – switch it on for 15 minutes, do a random race with a random car and then turn it off. It's a good arcade racing title closely resembling Burnout: Paradise but it's not exceptional. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.52]
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Most Wanted's biggest strength is that it feels like a cohesive whole, rather than some amalgamation of a reboot tacked on to another game's engine. The gameplay emphasizes as little downtime as possible, which is a good thing as it's an absolute blast whether or not cops are involved. It's not a reboot as much as it is a reimagining of the original game, taking the bits that worked and wrapping them in a completely new package. Surprisingly enough, it does so in a way that works, and the new Most Wanted ranks up there with the original.