6.0

1. AnonymousMC
    Mar 4, 2008
    I really enjoyed it actually. The physics are definitely much improved, and the removal of rubber-band AI is a godsend. The graphics and damage modelling are beautiful, but above all the game drives really well, especially when turning off all the driving helps. That said, the drift and drag modes are trivially easy and quickly get boring, especially with all the cinematics surroundingI really enjoyed it actually. The physics are definitely much improved, and the removal of rubber-band AI is a godsend. The graphics and damage modelling are beautiful, but above all the game drives really well, especially when turning off all the driving helps. That said, the drift and drag modes are trivially easy and quickly get boring, especially with all the cinematics surrounding them that cannot be skipped over. The high speed races don't add very much either except for a wonderful sense of speed, but the basic track races are actually well done and tweaking the chassi is actually usefully implemented even though it's nowhere near as realistic as more serious racers. The "story" adds nothing, so in this respect there is less value than in Most Wanted for instance. Expand
  2. JohnC.
    Dec 28, 2007
    When I picked up this title I expected a street racing game (like the title implies) I was disappointed to find it just a normal racing game. The announcer was annoying, but the racing was fine. If you are looking for a regular racing game you might enjoy this, But for the fan of the previous street racing games, This is not for you.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Ok, so this one was a big thumb down for EA. We like NFS on the streets, where we have real adrenaline and some awesome landscapes... If I want closed circuits, I could choose DiRT, GRID, etc. After Most Wanted 2 noted with a 4, this one is the second, noted with a 5.
  4. RalphCramdon
    Nov 4, 2007
    I'm quite disappointed with the newest version of the Need For Speed franchise "Pro Street". The game tries to hard to be a simulation, and where is the "street" aspect? The demo is played in the country. If you roll your car it's totaled? What's that about? It's not arcade or real life. I've bought the last 3 NFS games from "Underground 2", but this timeI'm quite disappointed with the newest version of the Need For Speed franchise "Pro Street". The game tries to hard to be a simulation, and where is the "street" aspect? The demo is played in the country. If you roll your car it's totaled? What's that about? It's not arcade or real life. I've bought the last 3 NFS games from "Underground 2", but this time I'll save my money. This demo doesn't do anything for me. Expand
    Dec 3, 2007
    The physics engine is average. The music is VERY good. The graphics are nice. The gameplay is boring.
  6. RyuujinR.
    Dec 7, 2007
    What's good: - Graphics. - Performance damage in car from NFS: High Stakes is back. - Wide variety of cars from many brands. - Tuning variety only bested by NFS Underground 1 and 2. - Performance tuning improved but still less than NFS Underground 2 - Normal difficulty. - Most realistic NFS of all times. (management and driving experience especially) What's bad: - No more free What's good: - Graphics. - Performance damage in car from NFS: High Stakes is back. - Wide variety of cars from many brands. - Tuning variety only bested by NFS Underground 1 and 2. - Performance tuning improved but still less than NFS Underground 2 - Normal difficulty. - Most realistic NFS of all times. (management and driving experience especially) What's bad: - No more free roaming. - (For many) No more cops. - Somewhat boring progression of story and completely unrelated to the previous NFS. - Unability (as in NFS Carbon) to make ANY car as good as other. (Blame on tier division and performance packages that should improve any car to the maximum) - Too many beginner guidance (thank god it can be removed) My view point is that (as many other companies) EA went too far in graphics and visuals and didn't really care about a goos story. Still I congratulate them for achieving the most realistic car response I have ever seen. I don't bother that they have made the story "legal" but it lacks the "illegal" touch that the 4 previous NFS had. Expand
  7. ShammyS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I'm gonna give it a mid level rating.....although im not entirely impressed with the game initially...I think the new physics and damage is a good start for EA. The game features I wide range of cars which is a nice feature...on the flip, im disappointed that there isn't a free roam with traffic, because that is what everyday driving is about.
  8. Jul 27, 2011
    this game is interesting......i played it on PS2 and a little on a Wii... It really pushed the limit on the PS2s graphics capabilities, and i had a brand new model. the best parts are the music, and about that: i dont know why everyone hates on the soundtrack, its not that bad. i like the "race days", a feature you dont often get in games like this, where you compete in a series of racesthis game is interesting......i played it on PS2 and a little on a Wii... It really pushed the limit on the PS2s graphics capabilities, and i had a brand new model. the best parts are the music, and about that: i dont know why everyone hates on the soundtrack, its not that bad. i like the "race days", a feature you dont often get in games like this, where you compete in a series of races and your points are compiled. the bottom line, its an okay game. im not sure of the original retail price, but this game should be around $15, just because of the amount of content. Expand
  9. May 15, 2015
    Less bad than the rest of the nfs, but this yet always cheapo.
    Nothing his alley to the cars, but even to the wheel.
    Throughout easy.
    On the last orbits hayagaya kukimuki to give birth speed run cheats on competitions the game.
    Not good, only the rest of the need for speed wrong.
    Horrible bugs.
  10. Dec 22, 2016
    This updates the series to drive in sport tracks I really liked. But even in this seemingly wonderful game has its flaws — bugs. When complete the race (often in drag) after summing up (money, points) you can't get out of it. Have to reenter the game, which is very much irritating. Also there are bugs in the little things, such as the camera fell to the ground. There are a few tracks inThis updates the series to drive in sport tracks I really liked. But even in this seemingly wonderful game has its flaws — bugs. When complete the race (often in drag) after summing up (money, points) you can't get out of it. Have to reenter the game, which is very much irritating. Also there are bugs in the little things, such as the camera fell to the ground. There are a few tracks in which it is impossible to go, because the machine is quite powerful (500 HP), and the track is very twisty and the pavement is very narrow.

But there are pluses: tuning, free vinyls and color, aerodynamics. All this really reminds me of racing that I love.

It is seen that the game was trying to do good, but bugs spoil everything as usual.
  11. Jul 21, 2017
    Could've been better..

Pros : - It introduced a more professional gameplay like showing specs of cars : topspeed,bhp,0-60 etc, - Great Gameplay : When you go to 150+ mph you really feel like you going fast with the cam vibrating and all. -Nice UI Cons : -Repetitive Races especially about race day.Everytime same same cars race against you. It lacks a bit of creativity.But it is
    Could've been better..

-Nice UI

It lacks a bit of creativity.But it is ok to play if you're looking for a decent arcade game.But what i liked was EA tried to give us a different taste of NFS. -

But it's that wholly rebuilt, almost-a-sim physics engine that propels ProStreet to such heights. Tossing these weighty sedans and exotics around, knowing you're connected to the road by just four distinct contact points, then late braking into a turn and riding the very limits of adhesion through it, is ungodly fun -- and darned challenging.
  2. ProStreet is a solid racing game, but it has some performance issues and is missing most of what made the previous games in the series interesting.
    A disappointing effort in a franchise that has generally been rather solid. It sort of feels like EA is starting over again, leaving the open-world aspects to other games like its own Burnout Paradise, but is seems like Black Box didn't know what to do with what was left.