5.6

1. Apr 1, 2011
    The game has decent graphics and not arcadic drive physics. Real simulators, I suppose, have physics closer to the real, but they have low graphics. For me the game is a best tradeoff between realistic driving and good looking picture.
  2. Feb 20, 2012
    Awesome game. I can't really understand the negative reviews. Have you tried to change the steering sensitivity in the controls menu? I am using the "Thrustmaster Ferrari Wireless GT 430 Scuderia" steering wheel and it's working perfect. I changed "Steering Sensitivity" to 20 and "Speed Steering Sensitivity" to 100.
  3. May 20, 2011
    Boring. I played it for 4h and I haven't played ever since. What else can I say?
  4. Vic
    Dec 9, 2011
    I just don't understand these critics who gave this game 9 or 10. Have they even tried to play this game, cause it's almost impossible to drive straight in this game, the cars just slide all the time like cows on ice skating rink!
  5. Mar 15, 2012
    Very good graphics; sometimes has frame rate issues. Realistic handling though, although AI is too good to be real. Sometimes drivers actually screw up, but not in this game. Other than that, solid racing overall.
  6. Aug 18, 2013
    Need for Speed Shift Electronic Arts Need for Speed Undercover 10 Need for Speed NFS
  7. Mar 14, 2014
    Good ride played three times, very fun and very rewarding (compared to shift 2 which is a disaster game) well balanced semi sim racing, it had a free dlc so you have more then 100 cars to drive with plenty tracks, i like the leveling experience a lot it keep pushing me for more so i don't get bored.
  8. Aug 23, 2014
    The circuits are real and the vehicles are able to be driven from the inside as back in the first NFS series, altough it's a little heavy on hardware resources.
  9. Oct 7, 2014
    I Need For Speed ​​Series goes to another level. He enters the world of simulators and makes very good appearance. Physics are very real, honestly, I really like. And yes .. I think that is one of the longest game in the series.
  10. Mar 3, 2014
    8 hours into playing it new on race track Ambush Canyon, so I guess it's almost like playing Flatout 1 now, as the road surface is far more "slippery". Still not hard to win. mode: RACE _ Laps: 3 _ car class: same class _ opponents: 4 _ Time: dusk _ track: Ambush Canyon Race car to drive: SEAT Leon Cupra (with maximum upgrade) ((Gameplay, ADJUST CONTROL)): SDZ:0 _ ADZ:0 _ BDZ:0 _ CDZ:50 _ SS:95 _AS:100 _ BS:25 _ CS:50 _ SSS:50 _ IS:off _ CYA:Normal

((Gameplay, DRIVING)):
    AI Difficulty: medium _ HM: Normal _ SA: low _ BA: off _ AB:on _ TC: off _ SC:off _ DE: full _ AC:on _ G:automatic

((Garage, Car tunning)):
    Downforce: 75 _ Gearing: 15 _ Steering Lock: 15 _ Balance: 90
    Balance is 10 if the game not patched to v1.02, as the meter is mirrored between v1.01 and 1.02.

After doing a S bend with handbrakes, next coming up to a bridge on all straight race track. Need to slow within a speed limit if you're speeding on the far right side of the race track right before the bridge, or else there is no way you can steer the car at all (even when the car is not off the race track).

It's almost very hard to steer the car around a bend after it has done 0 to 130kph from a stand still, so it's about traction control and how much the tyres has burnt up from accelerations and brakings. Road surface to tyre simulation is pretty strange when compared to other games.

I'd rather play this game than Dirt. I usually use behind car views to play, but not with this game. The right behind wheel view is amazing on this one! Feel so realistic like never before!

It's like taking small parts from other games such Flatout, GTR, Racedrivers, Evolution GT, and GRID and throw them all into a new recipe. But somehow sometimes I feel like there is FADE at work ... FADE as the copy-protection at work (due to crazy AI behaviours and car handlings changed all of a sudden for a few seconds). So I needed use basic instincts as to know when the ghosty FADE will pop up on the race track!
  11. Aug 22, 2010
    "0" -very bad console port: all the menus are a pain and being able to use the mouse to select stuff would be so much easier. -it doesnt add anything new to the genre, apart from non-steering cars (reminds me of gta IV) -requests an even longer-than-usual "grind" through low-tier cars before you can unlock anything worth driving. -physics engine makes for fun times, because its a joke
    i dont understand why they bothered to add vinyls and such when there is no way you can see them since there is no 3rd person camera, meaning driving different cars doesnt change the experience by much. all you'll notice is better speed, etc
    ive been playing and loving NFS since porche unleashed. ive completed the careers for underground 1&2; most wanted, carbon, i liked them all, yet i uninstalled shift after 2 days.. -all the (terribly boring) cutscenes (for example before and after each race) cannot be skipped.
    the critics who gave this an 83 mustve been either high or very well paid.
  12. Aug 27, 2010
    A nice change from the usual excuse story lines and shoehorned cut scenes. I give it an eight since the car selection is good, the tracks are standard package for simulators, the AI is not annoying and can rip you a new one if you aren't careful and the progression is actually pretty quick. Cars don't handle at their smoothest but I've only played with a controller so if someone has a high quality wheel and bothers to tweak please leave a review. I only suggest grabbing it if you need a quick fix that's semi simulator. Expand
  13. Sep 11, 2011
    The game is hardly playable: feels like driving a soapbox car on a greasy road. Depending on the level you choose you either spend your time spinning for no apparent reason or the computer will control too much of your driving. Cars feel slow at 60mph and you may get some sense of speed at 120mph. However graphics are pleasing.
  14. Feb 21, 2014
    Need some new practices as how to use the keyboard to play in this game. Trust me, no other games are like this one.

Need to pay great amount of attentions to the speedometer when coming up to a bend/turn, need to let go of the accelerator in the right time and brake as little as possible, let it slide smoothly around a bend or corner (with as little brakes as possible when doing it),
    as medium to hard braking makes the steering go poorly or even locked up when turning. Sometimes the same goes with the acceleration key, need to let go of it for a second before it can steer more effectively, the effects are not at all times the same, seem like a bug or defective to me.

Circuit/track surfaces is also a great issue here, the race track is not all flat sideway RIGHT before some bends/turns (not all of them), even at the right speed the car can lost traction control coming up around a bend when it's tyres got bumped off the track's uneven surface, causing the steering to malfunction, it's really critical as which side of the track you stick to when coming up to a turn.

There are 3 icons (LED lights) at the bottom right corner of the HUD: brake, ?engine/wheel and tyres. When most of the 3 LED lights comes on and off a lot, that mean the steering is more likely to lock up at high speed turns. Not easy to master as how to play, you can't brake a lot in this one, if you did then the effective of the steering goes poorly.

BRAKE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, let go of the accelerator to cut speed than using brakes a lot, need to make it not too heavy and not too light, or else the steering goes bad when all the 3 LED lights comes on constantly.

Few of the AI cars can go really fast at unrealistic gravitation and traction factors, the high speeding car's animations is like the AI car is a fired out rocket than a road machine that has traction and road grip matters, as the AI car can go at SUPER high speed around turns and bends without any smokes coming out from the tyres.

Unbalanced AI difficulty HARD, as the AI skills varies by each time you quit the race to the game's main menu before returning to the SAME race SETUP again. Each random draw of AI skills varies greatly for the same AI difficulty level selected, as you may find 1 of them reasonably hard, and rest of them unplayable hard as the AI goes at godlike speed.

There are sets of AI skills just for the AI difficulty HARD, they're almost like either 1 of these:
    1. All of them Speeding very fast ahead with unrealistic speed that you can barely catch up to the SLOWEST AI car, but it really depends on which car you're driving.
    2. Most of them Speeding ahead with reasonable speed, but has a couple of the last cars in the fleet to knock you knock like they're assassins.
    3. Most of them Speeding with slower speed, as a couple of them goes at very high speed at the front of the fleet.

If sometimes you find it too hard to play the AI difficulty HARD, please try to play AI Difficulty medium, BUT when AI difficulty medium turned out to be too easy, then try play with more laps, more AI cars, no traction control and stability control, turn off as many helps as possible, tune the car to make it's handling worse than better so as to make the race against the AI more challenging.
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Worst... NFS... EVER. I thought after Pro Street they couldn't sink any lower with the series but this must be what rock bottom is like. The handling is absolutely dreadful, this game is trying to position itself as a combination of GRID and sim racing and as a result fails at doing either one of those. Went into the closet after less then half an hour of playing...
  16. Mar 13, 2011
    Good game, a bad console port. I was disappointed in the vinyl placement, seeing as it had crappy textures.
    That aside, I really loved the racing in this game. You felt like you were actually in the **** of a race-car, and crashing animations were outstanding. graphics were fairly good as well.
  17. Feb 11, 2014
    Arrow up key: accelerate _ Left Arrow key: turn left _ right arrow key: turn right _ V: brake _ C: handbrake _ X: Nitro _ Z: look back _ Spacebar: change race view. God! those game makers needs to be told what the default mapping keys should be like! WASD?!

Came 1st place: mode: RACE _ Laps: 8 _ car class: same class _ opponents: 6 _ Time: midday _ track: Alplental

Race car to drive:
    Porsche Carrera GT

((Gameplay, ADJUST CONTROL)):
    SDZ:0 _ ADZ:5 _ BDZ:0 _ CDZ:5 _ SS:95 _AS:75 _ BS:90 _ CS:30 _ SSS:2 _ IS:off _ CYA:Normal

((Gameplay, DRIVING)):
    AI Difficulty: HARD _ HM: Normal _ SA: low _ BA: off _ AB:on _ TC: high _ SC:on _ DE: visual only _ AC:on _ G:automatic

((Garage, Car tunning)):
    Downforce: 55 _ Gearing: 30 _ Steering Lock: 70 _ Balance: 40

Now go and test play this game, and see who's the real idiots! Never seen AI drivers so crazy! If to play by AI Difficulty: MEDIUM, it would turned out to be like the movie DAYS OF THUNDER with a lot of cars went sideway on the track, or driving back into the track without giving way to you high speed travelling car, and with bot-cars spinning out of control ALL BY ITSELF like it's beating it's own meat, or suddenly handbraking right in front of you without any reason (same with AI Difficulty: hard), and dead slow speed at bends. The AI is a good laugh, as 1 or 2 of them are aimed to slow you down so other cars can sped way ahead!

Playing by AI Difficulty HARD isn't so bad, but still there a few good laughs!

Too bad it has no GRID AND ARCADE mode that allows more acade like gaming, fine tune all the cars so they're suitable to play keyboard like the other game GRID.

Steering lock? I tried to Google it but seem to came up with nothing much. If steering lock is set too high and along with low GEARING (higher acceration), the steering of the car may go dead (locked) when going around a bend. Get a wheel for real? Or rather play GRID? Get GRID first, then don't forget this GOOD LAUGH game that suddenly handbrakes right in front of you like it has seen a ghost of a steering wheel!
  18. Oct 26, 2011
    This game is a terrible excuse for a simulator, it cannot even touch the awesomeness that is Grid and Gran Turismo. The cars do not handle as they do in real life, the multiplayer is engulfed in a mostly horric community and the UI system is the most unnecessarily complicated and confusing that I have ever come across in a PC game, ruining the customization of vehicles etc..
  19. Nov 13, 2011
    This one is good, expecially with a wheel controler. It's looking nice although Shift 2 Unleashed is now nicer. But it behaves better than S2U and also is less ressources-greedy. A good experience and a good intro for simracing games like GTR², RACE07, or iRacing.
    This gives you a taste of it without beeing too difficult.
  20. Jun 28, 2012
    There are seriously overlooked features in this game. For instance, no option to "quit" or "exit" from the race in-game. You must ctrl-alt-del to get out. This is inconsistent from machine to machine. Some have it, some don't. Also there is no way to skip the long prerendered video you have already watched. After your first test race, your account does not save your progress and you must watch the video over again AND do the race. These are the simple things, EA. You're killing me. The standard for good games is MUCH higher than this. Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2014
    Najlosiji NFS dosad...
    Voznja je OK, izbor automobila ,ponasanje na stazi, grafika, ali
    prica je nula, tacnije price nikako nema, likovi ne postoje, preduga ucitavanja, malo staza, precesto se ponavljaju, malo modova, tacnije imamo utrku, drift i najbrzi krug
    igra prebrzo dosadi...
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is for serious sim racers only- race physics are even better than Shift 2, with a loyal following on the online driver duel. Been racing against mostly Europeans, they KNOW! Upgraded my PC to quad core; 1 GB 256 bit GDDR5 graphics a must for higher resolutions. This game kicks but on all those console based, arcade racer TRASH! Most realistic race physics since Porsche Unleashed, lots of JUNK put out in the 9 years in-between. Hanging with Driving Force Pro for now, but plan to upgrade to G25 soon. Like I said, if you're nothin' but a punk console gamer then don't waste your money on this one, It's optimized for PC and serious race enthusiasts only! Expand
  23. Oct 19, 2014
    Since I love to play racing games, I Won´t be dumb to rate this game negatively.It´s a racing game with lot of cars and tracks(including the famous Spa!).

A glorious return to greatness (and even excellence) for EA's seminal racing franchise. Slightly Mad Studios has delivered a driving experience that, while not completely accurate in terms of its simulation aspects, is practically dead-on in terms of what it's like to race around some of the world's best racing circuits.
  2. No longer a classic need for speed game, EA made a true shift, a u-turn, developing a great game, with stunning visuals, and a lot of cars and tracks. The nightly undercover challenges are gone, but the new mechanics, borrowed from games such Forza or GT work well in conveying a great driving feeling.
  3. Need For Speed: Shift is a brilliant new start for the franchise and has clearly been built by a team that loves racing.